Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
pollystyrene
My cousin has a couple of pet chinchillas and they're so cute and soft. sad.gif
pinkpoodle
WTF?! Miss "P.C. save the world and become one with the universe" is wearing a chinchilla coat?? Lame.
quietmadness
Looks like Bette Midler's the only girl in town with some balls. Check this out.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles...209091909990001

She told it right. laugh.gif
mouse
honestly, i have sentiments similar towards britney, at this point, to bustygirl's, but did anybody else's feathers get a little ruffled when that article below referred to her as "k-fed's used goods"?
taloo_magoo
Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI:

http://thesuperficial.com/2006/12/nicole_r...ed_for_dui.html
dusty
What I wanna know, is did she have any underwear on at the time?
pinkpoodle
Bwahahaha!! Probably not!!

5'1" and 85 lbs?? Is that even possible? How can they say that she's healthy when she's clearly underweight and was on three substances at the time?

Bette Midler deserves an award for saying that.
lucizoe
mouse - yeah, that jumped out at me too. And also the "Think of the Children!!" *cue Helen Lovejoy scream* paragraph about what if little girls stop wearing underwear now because of Britney? Oh noes!!!

I know I'm not the only commando in the lounge.
mouse
true, luci, but you're not flashing america. little girls dont need any more incentive to slut it up than they already have.
snafooey
Salon weighs in on the Paris Factor

You may have to click through a brief article to read.

I think Paris attracts celebrities b/c she seems invincible - she does all sorts of shit and gets away with it (as that article notes). And she has this air about her like nothing ever gets to her. . .but that's not because she's cool or sophisticated, it's because she's completely vapid and coked out to oblivion.

As for Brit being K.Fed's sloppy seconds - that kind of misogynistic response points right to heart of the issue. Her entire career was founded on her sexy but virginal schoolgirl shtick. With that gone, what's she got left to sell? She still has a cluelessness about her that some people find charmingly naive, but when she goes party- hopping with Paris Hilton, even that (somewhat) redeeming aspect of her character goes out the window.

Also, the whole idea that K.Fed played her and that she was just an innocent victim just plays into the public desire for damsels in distress. Facts are, she pursued him relentlessly (though, yeah, he totally played her, I suppose - he knew she wanted a "bad boy" and so he kept rejecting her to make it more of a challenge, something that most guys didn't do. . .just for the record, I only know these details of their courtship because I watched 20 minutes of a special on this subject while I was exercising, I swear! unsure.gif rolleyes.gif ), and she willingly ignored what was right in front of her - namely that the guy left his kid and pregnant signficant other to be with her.
pixieglas
lucizoe!!! i haven't had splinternet access for months and the first thing i read when i come onto the lounge is someone defending the knickerfree ladies! thank FUCK!

britney and her ilk may not have a brain cell to rub together (i may be a brave commando but i'd never risk worrying the livestock by flashing my ladybits in that short a skirt) but they're not going to catch instant syphillis by going knickerless! i've even seen articles with dr types going on about how not wearing knickers is a sure sign of mental illness! i only entertain the suffocating cotton undies when the moon is full and my lulu and her accompanying brain is healthier than ever.

surely britney first showed signs of mental illness when she let her manager dress her as a schoolgirl and got her to gyrate in a padded bra in front of a room of sweaty middle-aged balding music execs...
mouse
britney and her ilk are surely not going commando for health or any thought for the wellbeing of their coozes.
bustygirl
Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI:

I, for one, am shocked. That she was only drunk.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(bustygirl @ Dec 12 2006, 03:51 PM) *

I, for one, am shocked. That she was only drunk.

Apparently she was not drunk, but on Vicodin and the POT.
bustygirl
That's what I get for not reading the blasted article.

We all know where the POT leads, don't we. kiddies?

That's right...the Dave Matthews Band.
raisingirl
Heh. Mando, where are you?!
ohmaude
Salon had a brief bit on the upcoming interview with Ang-Jo in Vogue. She said what sealed the deal for the Brangelina relationship is when out of the blue, the wee tot Maddox called Brad, "Dad." OK maybe that happened, but doesn't this whole story just seem too perfect?

How much you wanna bet that Maddox just said "Bwad" or some other small child version of Brad? My friend's 3 year old calls apple juice, "na na noo" for pete' sake.

pinkpoodle
Awwww...bwad...

So, I heard some rumors that Ang-Jo may be preggers again. Any word on this?
CharliNye
QUOTE(ohmaude @ Dec 13 2006, 05:07 PM) *

Salon had a brief bit on the upcoming interview with Ang-Jo in Vogue. She said what sealed the deal for the Brangelina relationship is when out of the blue, the wee tot Maddox called Brad, "Dad." OK maybe that happened, but doesn't this whole story just seem too perfect?

How much you wanna bet that Maddox just said "Bwad" or some other small child version of Brad? My friend's 3 year old calls apple juice, "na na noo" for pete' sake.

Actually the majority of three year olds can speak in complete and very clear sentences. My son did(now 9), and my nephew is three and and can speak very clearly and can even navigate the internet and manage an ipod.

3 is actually very smart. If he was one or just under two yeah, there's error in comprehension. But by 2 they can talk decently.
ellenevenstar
Shit, everywhere Ange goes, the magazines are like, ..."fuelling speculation that she is planning to adopt another child from (India / Vietnam / wherever) to add to her brood". Haven't heard anything about an Angelina pregnancy though.

Is Kirsten Dunst pregnant, do you reckon? I doubt it.... but......?
grenadine
on the dad/bwad tip: does it matter what he actually said? at his age, he doesn't see "dad" as meaning "man whom i have deeply bonded kinship ties with;" he sees it as meaning "big guy in my life who makes out with mom a lot." that quote actually made me respect angelina less, because you'd think she'd be smart enough to know that.

and is sandra bullock pregnant, or should i stop reading grocery-checkout headlines?
mouse
do you think there's a point where it will no longer be helpful for angelina to adopt these kids? i mean, two parents--both of whom work, if not fulltime, pretty grueling hours as actors, in addition to being ambassadors--can only do so much, and i feel like there will come a point when the kids are more than they can handle. i mean of course they have the income to have as much childcare staff at their beck and call as they would need, but isn't that sort of the same as basically founding a chi chi orphanage?
bunnyb
QUOTE(grenadine @ Dec 14 2006, 05:20 PM) *

on the dad/bwad tip: does it matter what he actually said? at his age, he doesn't see "dad" as meaning "man whom i have deeply bonded kinship ties with;" he sees it as meaning "big guy in my life who makes out with mom a lot." that quote actually made me respect angelina less, because you'd think she'd be smart enough to know that.

grenadine, I don't see it like that. I think Angelina committed to the relationship once her son was accepting of Brad; as someone with a very fraught relationship with her own father, she is sureley conscious of how important it is for her son to have a role model with who he has "deeply bonded kinship ties".

mouse, do they have childcare? like most actor couples I think they have one parent working on location at a time. If they had another say three biological children would the media and society criticise them? how many children do Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have, or Bruce/Demi/Ashton?

girlygirlgag
I don't know for sure about Sandra Bullock, but I was under the impression she was Childless by Choice?

I was really annoyed with the Angie article. I don't think it is her place to speak about Brad and Jennifer Aniston's marriage. She said "He was married to his best friend", and that is why they broke up. The divorce did not happen to her, it happened as a result of a relationship formed between her and Brad Pitt. Also, to say she is open to being friends with Jen? Seriously?You would find it in your heart to be friends with the woman whose husband you stole? You are a TRUE HUMANITARIAN! Keep it to yourself Jolie. rolleyes.gif This is not her position or place to discuss, and she can at least show some grace and say this is personal between Brad and Jennifer.

If I were Jen Anniston, I would just ignore this woman. She has the "dad" for her kids, she should leave it at that, and keep the "peacepipe" top herself. Though I know Jen Anniston is probably nice enough that she would return any friendly advances from Jolie.

Goldie has Oliver and Kate, Kurt has one son, Boston(?) and they have a son Wyatt together.

Demi and Bruce have Rumor, Talulah, and Scout.

( I watch way too much garbage on TV)

I think if you want a lot of kids that is great, though I think Shiloh was a surprise and being that she and Sahara are so close, maybe wait a few years so nobody feels neglected?

Goldie has Oliver and Kate, Kurt has one son, Boston(?) and they have a son Wyatt together.

Demi and Bruce have Rumor, Talulah, and Scout.

( I watch way too much garbage on TV)

I think if you want a lot of kids that is great, though I think Shiloh was a surprise and being that she and Sahara are so close, maybe wait a few years so nobody feels neglected?
ratgrl
In an interview Sandra Bullock gave to Vanity Fair a few months ago, she basically said something along the lines of "if it happens, it happens; if not, that's OK, too" in response to the inevitable question about whether she was planning on getting pregnant. So, I don't know if she is or not.

I've also heard/read that Kirsten Dunst is pregnant. And Jennifer Love Hewitt. Didn't hear it officially from them, though! tongue.gif

Nicole Richie might be looking at some jail time as a result of her transgression earlier this week. How funny would that be? It might be a way to force her to get over herself, already. *Rubs hands together gleefully, with much schaudenfreud (sp?)* She's a real mess, that girl.

Britney and Paris have "broken up" and are no longer BFF's. I have to say that I was shocked, SHOCKED, at this turn of events. *Inserts lots of sarcasm* laugh.gif
pinkpoodle
Bwahahaha!! Awwww...that's so sad about Britney and Paris. I really thought this one would stick! wink.gif

Christ, I can't get over Kirsten Dunst's age. It seems like just yesterday she was a little vampire.

What's up with this hollywood baby boom?!! Weird. It's like it's trendy or something. Babies and cooch-flashings are the hottest new fashion accessories!!

I can't believe that Demi and Ashton are still together. I think it's really cool that they're together and that both of them have a good relationship with Bruce Willis. It's really weird, but neato. Bruce Willis even had a guest role on That 70's Show.

ETA- Ya know, even though Sandra Bullock does shitty movies, I still like her because she doesn't have the whole plastic skank thing going on. She has a unique look and a personality. Sandra Bullock is cool by me.
nickclick
pinkp, i agree it's cool sandra b. not being a plastic skank (i love your phrasing, btw), but i don't think she necessarily has her own look, but rather she looks like a normal person and not a weirdo mannequin robot.
auralpoison
Trey Anastasio of Phish fame got popped for driving on an expired ID, on pills, & in possession of pills not prescribed to him. Not surprised. Fuckin' hippie.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 15 2006, 10:59 PM) *

Trey Anastasio of Phish fame got popped for driving on an expired ID, on pills, & in possession of pills not prescribed to him. Not surprised. Fuckin' hippie.

AP, you made me LOL! laugh.gif
wombat
I thought Brit and Paris were going to move to Massachusetts and get married.
vesicapisces
Rightfully the fucking hippie should have been baked out of his mind. I'm disappointed in the pills.
pollystyrene
An update on Natasha Lyonne.
pinkpoodle
Damn. It's so sad how fucked up she is!
wombat
It's hard to feel sorry for someone who, according to JANE mag was an abusive, intrusive, screaming, horrible ass to thse who shared her building for a very long time. And gets off with a slap on the wrist because she's a poor little rich crazy girl. greeeeeet.
chachaheels
Yeah, but, JANE magazine should never have published that article. And it was an article written by a celebrity who just wanted to trash her. It was really pissy, and it left me with a lot less respect for him while feeling like she really desperately needed help but was instead getting kicked really, really hard--and publically, in a magazine geared toward a market readership similar to the one which would have seen her films. I haven't been able to think about JANE magazine in a good light since they decided that article would be a good idea.

People can't always be held accountable for their behaviour when they're really sick--even though we can't seem to "get" that concept in our society. People who don't suffer from those kinds of illnesses but do their best to condemn someone who does...well all I can say is I hope he doesn't find himself in a similar situation one day.

Anyway, good for her, if she's actually getting better--and lucky for her that she has access to treatment, because so many who are just as ill as she was just don't have that.
mouse
i can't stand fucking michael rappaport. his new sitcom is awful, and not just in a shitty sitcom way. i've ranted about this here before, and if any of you have seen it, you know what i'm talking about. basically, lots of comments about his wife's tits, horror when his incredibly spoiled and vapid teenage daughter hooks up with a black guy, horror at his stereotypicall nerdy son, horror and disgust at the possibility of said son being homosexual, all played for big fucking laughs.
chachaheels
I know--it's like they tried to replicate Married With Children, but they missed the part about how that was all about subversion. They mistook the scathing social satire for deliberate ignorance, and just wrote a show that simply features that.
Divala
I can't stand Michael Rappaport in general. I thought he was lousy in his guest appearance on Friends and think "The War At Home" should be cancelled. I don't understand why that schlock is still on the air and "Arrested Development" got cancelled.
snafooey
Didn't Michael Rappaport stalk Lili Taylor to the point where police involvement was required? (scroll down to the "Significant Others" section)

Anyway. . .

Brit decides to wear some undewear. biggrin.gif
auralpoison
Yup. Stalking & aggravated harassment. He wasn't drug sick, he was/is just an asshat. Everytime I see him in a movie I just want to cringe. He plays the same dumb mook in every film he's ever made.
anna k
He's a horrible actor. He plays the same yelling mook, looking like he was picked off of the streets of Queens amid a pack of his boys. He just sucks so much.

Unhappily Ever After was a direct ripoff of Married with Children, but way less funnier.
pollystyrene
I thought he was okay on Boston Public, but just the commercials for The War at Home were too much to handle.

I had no idea about him and Lili Taylor- what a weird combination. Were they an item at one point, then he went psycho on her?
auralpoison
Yeah, they were an established couple, broke up & he went off the deep end.
wombat
Yeah, I don't like Michael Rappoport either.

but it wasn't just him saying that about Natasha Lyonne.

And, sorry, but as the child of a mentally ill person, I've had more of the "hostage" life than I have wanted to have, thankyouverymuch.

And yes, he did get help, drugs, etcetera. He was a nice person too, but the strain on the female members of my family -- ack.

That is a bad thing to subject a child, or innocent neighbors, to.

I have walked in those shoes till the heels fell off. There DOES still have to be accountability and protection of the innocent, without being cruel to the sick person, mind you.

I do not tolerate being re-abused that way as an adult, and will not passively countenance those who attempt to say that anyone should.

I respect your intelligence and compassion and toughness chacha, but, no.
chachaheels
Well, I appreciate what you're saying, Wombat, but don't let an article written by a questionnable source be the only information on which to base your opinions. That's all I'm saying.

That doesn't negate tragedies for those who contend with others who are ill--I definitely didn't mean to belittle your experience there. But I do think that dismissing someone as a "spoiled rich kid", based on the account of someone who has some shady motives of his own and a lack of judgement visible from miles away, betrays a lack of compassion I know you're not really capable of, Wombat.

JANE looked like ass for publishing that peice, and it's way too easy for people to give publications a lot of authority and respect, even when they're party to a character assassination. The kid was sick with an addiction, and she acted like she was suffering from it, as many people do. That's no reason to make sure her name is so black that she'll never be able to work again, once she takes the steps to get well.
wombat
I'm basing "spoiled rich kid" on Michael's informing the other tenants that she paid more rent than they did, so they had just better put up with it. I liked her, it was sad. I know what you're saying, in a way, it would be better if it were dealt with privately, because her whole future career is at stake.

Jane also published the article that got Dov Charnian [sp?] in trouble. The American Apparel guy.

I've got mixed feelings about that one as well.

chachaheels
I'm basing "spoiled rich kid" on Michael's informing the other tenants that she paid more rent than they did, so they had just better put up with it

And so, what, he basically writes an article to some crappy teen mag then rails on about how it was her fault that he forced all his other tenants to put up with her behaviour because he wanted to keep getting her pricier rent?

That's the thing about character assassinations--people making the accusations are usually unaware of how much they're revealing about themselves. Addiction, I get; just plain old greedy meanness that goes unsatisfied and makes someone who should know better so vengeful...not so much. I suppose the fact that he owned the building makes him, what, financially less well endowed than his target?

And JANE was right along with him, all caught up with the starfucking to realise what they were publishing about a young woman.
auralpoison
Um, didn't Dov, like, jerk off twice in front of Stephanie Trong while she interviewed him? I do believe he got himself in trouble on that one. I remember that article & I recall thinking, "Stephanie is a petite, pretty female reporter. Had he been interviewed by Steve Trong, would he have slapped the ham? Would it have turned into a circle jerk or would he have decked him for being an unprofessional pig?"
mouse
dov has been proven, on several accounts, to be a douche. not to mention the incredible boringness of his ad campaigns, and the way he exploited the fact that he's *gasp* actually treating his workers like human beings, like it was something so noble and groundbreaking that he should be thus worshipped. i'm sure it's great that he's doing that, but he did it because it was a great marketing scheme. i got no respect.

ETA: i think it was claudia, and i think he explicitly said that he did it because she was female. it's not like the way he views women is any big fucking secret, it's plastered on every fifth billboard in my city.

ETA 2: SNOWBALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
chachaheels
The Dov article was long before the trashing of Natasha Lynne, and in my opinion, it was an effective piece of investigative journalism (not saying great, not fantastically written, but it did expose quite a lot the public isn't aware of and pretends not to know). You can't compare the two pieces, and frankly I think JANE went through a significant change in the span of time between those two articles.

I love the fact that the American Apparel marketing was exposed as BS. Dov may talk a good line about paying people above average apparel industry wages, but when people have to put up with sexual harassment just to get a paycheque, who are we kidding? Team that up with the fact that he'd have to pay a real advertising agency decent money, and real models a real wage as well, and his "ad campaigns" featuring staff wearing pretty much next to nothing in poses which look awfully intimate amounts to forcing his workers to model for free (or for significantly less than a model) in an "I fucked her too!" marketing gimmick (and if he really does fuck his workers, then I probably won't stop barfing for a few months; I thought it was illegal to make that a condition of keeping a job).

So the exploitation takes an overtly sexist form as well as an economic one, instead of the subtly sexist one he's claiming to change. And on top of everything else, the clothes bore me to the point of coma.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.