Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
mornington
I'm with bunny on the younger male candy being to samey-samey. much like the girls. There's also an air of intelligence about some of the older male candy I find attractive.

I find the Daniel Radcliffe thing a bit weird, even though he's only three years my junior, but like sidecar said, i think it's because i've seen him grow up. it would be like finding one of my younger brother's school-friends attractive. Even then, I'm not sure I find him sexually attractive - I do, but I still wouldn't.

I think there are more important things than age, although I do agree that massive (25-30+) age gaps are a little skeevy. There are always exceptions. I tend to date guys several years older than me, although i don't purposefully look for the age gap - but one of my closest friends is with a guy who's just turned eighteen. *shrug* Relationships and eye-candy are two different things though.

hmm... ioan griffud for mid-thirties candy. ben browder, daniel shanks... you just have to look.
bunnyb
How could I have forgotten Clive Owen and Daniel Craig? ohmy.gif. We* have produced some fine specimens of men, including Daniel Radcliffe.

*we as in the British Isles, not we as in mornington and I.
mornington
bunny - laugh.gif i may actually have to say rofl

mm, daniel craaaaig
bunnyb
well, if you're going to do it you should go full hog and type roflmao tongue.gif .

Colin Firth: how could I forget my Mr Darcy?

eta: omg AND Hugh Laurie! I didn't realise that all of the hotties were OURS!
mornington
no, gaddamnit, they're MINE. all mine. *clutches*

jeremy paxman. although i don't think he qualifies as a celebrity, does he?
bunnyb
*gets in the ring with mornington to work off some pent up frustrations*

He's a journalist on TV so kinda? Michael Parkinson is a celeb so I suppose Jeremy is too.

The Dr Whos (both of 'em, the recent ones) are mine, all mine.
crazyoldcatlady
(wombat, i lurrrrved chris cornell throughout high school. mmmm. dirrty rockers.....)
lilyblue
shall i resurrect the May-September thread in The Mating Game section? I would love to further this discussion.

bunny_b, I have to agree, the UK has bred a fine lot of men.

mmm David Tennant.
wombat
No! No! It's bunny_b and mornington who are responsible for all the british hotties -- ha ha ha!!
kelkello
Bunnyb, you can't have Colin Firth. He belongs to me.
bunnyb
you can have Hugh Grant or we can square up and reenact some of the funniest fight scenes in the history of movie making (starring those two lovelies).
kelkello
I love that movie. That scene kills me every time. Especially when they stop long enough to sing happy birthday.
girlygirlgag
Hugh Grant still has an unbelievable pull on my heart strings. I just think he is yummers, I get all giggle feeling when I watch movies with him in it.

I am a geek.
mornington
even I've started to feel the attraction now he's cut that stupid floppy fringe off. the shame...

colin firth, however, is indeed sex on legs
bunnyb
and all mine, don't forget.

yes, definitely hotter without the floppiness and the stuttering (he is so sexy as Daniel Cleaver, he was made to play an arsehole like him.
kelkello
Firth is mine.
BlueJean
Did anyone besides me notice how so many in the gossip-media world (E! and all those shows) were really nasty about Angelina Jolie appearing with Brad at the Golden Globes and not smiling and glowing radiantly? They remarked on how she wouldn't smile and was acting so "over" the whole Hollywood thing and "couldn't be bothered" to put on the happy face. She responded to one reporter that she stepped back because it was Brad's night since he had been nominated, but the gossips still savaged her and tried to start a backlash against her. And then we learn that her mother died about 10 days later. So, are the gossips apologizing? Her mother was DYING, no wonder she didn't seem happy. It makes me realize how terrible it must be to be that famous and have everyone picking your life apart, even in your worst moments.
CharliNye
QUOTE(BlueJean @ Feb 6 2007, 04:08 PM) *

Did anyone besides me notice how so many in the gossip-media world (E! and all those shows) were really nasty about Angelina Jolie appearing with Brad at the Golden Globes and not smiling and glowing radiantly? They remarked on how she wouldn't smile and was acting so "over" the whole Hollywood thing and "couldn't be bothered" to put on the happy face. She responded to one reporter that she stepped back because it was Brad's night since he had been nominated, but the gossips still savaged her and tried to start a backlash against her. And then we learn that her mother died about 10 days later. So, are the gossips apologizing? Her mother was DYING, no wonder she didn't seem happy. It makes me realize how terrible it must be to be that famous and have everyone picking your life apart, even in your worst moments.

Yeah, there was already some quote in some magazine over the weekend from a souce close to her saying that she hopes that bitch at the NY paper feels good about herself now. Seeing as she was one of the main instigators and wrote the downright nastiest piece about her stemming from her reluctance to be a fucking bobblehead that night.

Sorry, but it would be impossible to drag me out if my mother was dying. And the fact that she went to be there and support Brad said a lot. She looked friendly enough to the cast and producers etc when they won. She was super sweet it appeared. For that I give her a lot of credit.

I feel awful for her, you always read about how insanely close she was to her mother. That's got to be super rough.

I hope the media eats crow and I wish 90% of these people would just disappear.
zoya
I'll settle the Colin Firth argument.

he's mine.

biggrin.gif
pinkpoodle
Holy shit!! Anna Nicole Smith is dead!! How tragic...
nickclick
wow, only 39. she was on one of those entertainment shows last week and seemed totally out of it.
mouse
i was just coming in here to post that.

i'm suprised, but honestly.......looking back? shoulda seen it coming. she was a mess. i hope she's at peace now.
pollystyrene
ohmy.gif That's insane. It will be very interesting to see what the cause is. Self-inflicted? TrimSpa related? Natural?
kelkello
I was just coming here to post that about ANS too. I'm not surprised. Everytime I see her interviewed she was in such a drug induced stupor that she could barely speak.
crazyoldcatlady
See, it *does* surprise me, because it always seems like the ratio of living drug addicted stars and starlets to those dead from OD is a lot higher.

she did have a lot of stress...
wasn't trimspa and ans just getting jointly sued?

sumpin' fishy...
pinkpoodle
I betcha it involved a lethal cocktail of painkillers, sleeping pills, and/or alcohol. Times have been shitty for her lately. She's probably been killing the pain/stress with something powerful.
mandolyn
i'll be the first to admit i watched her show for the entertaining trainwreck aspect, and i made fun of her slurred speech and crazy antics along with everyone else. but i'm deeply saddened. there was something very vulnerable about her that spoke to me, i guess.
amilita
i feel kind of unexpectedly sad, too...she was one hot mess.

i keep thinking of all the people around famous addicts...who profit from them and enable their crazy lives, like ANS's old lawyer/alleged baby-daddy. ew.
pollystyrene
Yeah, she does seem like someone who just had a really sad life. Like Marilyn Monroe without the brains. All that time and energy spent fighting for the old guy's money, and she's a mess, then her son dies and there's all this crap with the new baby.

Reminds me of that guy who won the biggest lotto jackpot and nothing in his life went well after that- I found his wikipedia entry.
pagangrrl
A friend of mine thinks Howard K Stern killed both Daniel AND Anna. With the child a Bahaman (Bahamanian?) citizen and safely tucked away, he's just about perfectly positioned to have the only heir to the money Anna has coming to her from the ongoing lawsuit from the last marriage. All he has to do now is avoid the DNA test and my friend even has that part figured out as well. Anna certainly trusted this guy, so he probably could've done just about anything or slipped her anything and she wouldn't know. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if half of her drug-induced states was him drugging her to begin with. The public is used to her being out of it, so he will not be a likely suspect there. Along with all this, he managed to marry her so he has whatever legal spousal rights that bought him, plus a certain amount of both her and Daniel's trust before they both passed on.

Howard K Stern = guilty in my book. I hope he is at least investigated.
faerietails
I'm totally tripping out over the Anna Nicole thing. She'd always annoyed the hell out of me, but I really do feel sorry for her daughter.
Onna-Otaku
I always thought that there was something so sad about her, beyond the dumbness and the craziness, and the doped up -ness. Just something... I don't know.
It is kind of sad, she was so young, not even forty. And she had a tiny baby too...
sad.
pinkpoodle
Yeah, I can't help but feel bad for her a little, mostly because of recent events. It's your classic "tragic beauty" story. The eerie thing is that she was obsessed with Marilyn Monroe early on and wanted to be like her. In a sad way, she pulled it off.

I don't think it was a murder. More than likely, she was abusing pain pills and alcohol or something. I just feel really bad for that baby. Can you imagine being a little kid and hearing about how your brother died around the time you were born and that your mother (a controversial sex object) died shortly after? That's seriously fucked up. I just hope that the kid is able to escape the public eye.
flanker_ji
I thought the deaths of both Daniel and ANS made Howard K. Stern awfully suspect too... I certainly hope that not the case, though. dry.gif
pollystyrene
I read somewhere that her ex-husband's (Daniel's father) other son died last year, too.
sidecar
It strikes me that she's never had anyone watching out for her, even more so since her son died and she seemed to go off the deep end. It makes me sad. There's nothing good coming out of this death.

It also strikes me that the media is going way too crazy over this. I just checked CNN.com, and the lead picture was of her body being removed from the hotel. Why?
pollystyrene
Access Hollywood is reporting that a hotel employee found ANS unconscious in her room, and it was obvious that she had choked on her own vomit. The employee said that there was "children's sedative" near her body.

Sidecar, she's sort of like Britney in that way, where you get the feeling no one's looking out for her.
auralpoison
Simply, death shots sell.

Where were Kimmie & Howard? On the show, she always had a handler...

anna k
The eerie thing is that she was obsessed with Marilyn Monroe early on and wanted to be like her. In a sad way, she pulled it off.

She reminds me more of Jayne Mansfield.
mandolyn
i hate the media field-day too. but i'm still a-reading. even a ridiculous CNN article saying that if it was paris dead in a hotel room, no one would give a shit. why do people write this crap. AND WHY AM I READING THIS CRAP?! gah!

very interesting theory about howard. but i think he's too dumb to pull something like this off.

then again, look at OJ simpson. he's dumber than a toothpick, and still a free man.

why was she travelling with a private nurse? the baby's in the bahamas.
mouse
LAist has an interesting feminist take on ANS
free_spirit
A friend of mine thinks Howard K Stern killed both Daniel AND Anna. With the child a Bahaman (Bahamanian?) citizen and safely tucked away, he's just about perfectly positioned to have the only heir to the money Anna has coming to her from the ongoing lawsuit from the last marriage. All he has to do now is avoid the DNA test and my friend even has that part figured out as well. Anna certainly trusted this guy, so he probably could've done just about anything or slipped her anything and she wouldn't know. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if half of her drug-induced states was him drugging her to begin with. The public is used to her being out of it, so he will not be a likely suspect there. Along with all this, he managed to marry her so he has whatever legal spousal rights that bought him, plus a certain amount of both her and Daniel's trust before they both passed on.

Howard K Stern = guilty in my book. I hope he is at least investigated.

I agree with you.
There are so many conspiracy theories about this.
I feel that Howard thinks that by the son dying first he can get people to believe that Anna was so gone over her son dying that she started abuseing the drugs even more. I think he wants to throw the police off..He seems real suspect.

This is crazy sad.gif
crazyoldcatlady
omg the crazy, CRAZY ass theories out there, the most bizarre being that anna nicole's SON was the baby daddy (WTF?)

also, if zsazsa's hubby is the baby's dad, then that would make dannilynn paris hilton's aunt! (c/o d-listed.com)
snafooey
Christina Ricci body morph

Sigh. She looked so good before.

ETA: Her pic isn't nearly as scary as the ones of Kate Bosworth and Nicole Richie, respectively.
aviatrix
I just feel really bad for that baby. Can you imagine being a little kid and hearing about how your brother died around the time you were born and that your mother (a controversial sex object) died shortly after? That's seriously fucked up. I just hope that the kid is able to escape the public eye.

i dunno. martiga hartigay (or however you spell her name) the woman on law and order svu is jane mansfield's daughter and she did/does just fine in the spotlight.
pollystyrene
Those are scary, snaf. Do these women realize that by getting themselves that skinny, they really end up making themselves look about 30 years older? I'm not trying to be ageist (and 30 years older than whatever age they are is hardly old), but I mean, Nicole Ritchie now looks like a withered old bag, like when you get old and your body starts losing fat and water- they get all gaunt, and pointy. Cute old lady, but example of what I mean.
anna k
I don't even know what Christina's natural shape is. She was voluptous at 18, but dieted it off and became a lot more frailer. She's about 5'1 so any weight gain will be noticeable. I like her, and I hated the Esquire writer who kept referring to her as childlike and doll-like with tiny hands and big Blythe doll eyes, it felt too fetishitic and creepy.
mornington
argh! kate bosworth is scaaaary. i don't think Christina is helped by the way she's standing and that... but Nicole and bosworth. sweet jesus.
chachaheels
Those morph photos are really alarming. All the girls look like aging cougars in their "after" appearances, just without the props (cigarette perched from the corner of orange-y red mouth, near empty hi-ball in hand, eyes a little hazy).

But I have to wonder what Glamour is thinking when they've surrounded the whole "morph" visual with a list of weight loss links--they seem healthy, but that's just the kind of concentrated fixation that sells beauty mags to anorexics and bulemics . I can't imagine how Glamour magazine doesn't get that by doing this they're holding these dessicated husks up to us as beauty idols--they don't seem to be saying "ooh, dieting's bad" when they're pushing dieting all over the rest of the page.
snafooey
On the flipside, Go, Kate!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.