Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
jemisoutrageous
I just don't have it in me to give a shit about celebrities right now. They pushed me too far with the Paris Hilton jail bullshit and I am just beyond burnt out now.
raisingirl
Yeah, I can relate to the burnout. I'm so sick of hearing about Eva Boring-oria's wedding. I don't even know the name of her husband. I give that marriage 10 months before there's trouble. What the fuck, they didn't even have a French wedding cake? They are in the fucking capital of patisserie lusciousness and they have the GALL (as opposed to Gaul) to bring in an American cake. I'm just so over it. It might be time for me to go on a media fast. Ya think?!
Appletinis
I totally agree.. I usually look at the OK magazines cause i have a long subway ride and the best week ever was when they came out with a totally Paris free one. there is definite celeb overload sometimes.
kari
Count me in on the celebrity overload. It's just the same old boring people.

Even so....is anyone planning on catching the new Posh Spice reality show? For some reason I kind of want to see it. I think b/c I can't imagine her actually speaking.
candycane_girl
I actually want to watch that show! I think it's going to be on Monday before Age of Love.

Hmm, as for Celebrity Gossip...apparently Gavin Rossdale is going to be in some movie called How To Rob A Bank. Sorry, that's all I've got.
kari
Blanche, candycane is right..Mondays, but not sure what time. I think it's 7 here in the central time zone maybe. She just seems like a cold block of stone, I am interested to see what her personality is.

The Paula show...oh my, what a train wreck. I've watched an episode or 2. It's somewhat entertaining for a moment, but then it just gets disturbing. She is nutz!

I know this is the celeb thread & not the tv thread, but you know what I've been loving lately? Kathy Griffin, My Life on the D List. That lady cracks me up.
sassygrrl
Kathy is coming to my town I think next week... I dig her.

Paula is just fucking apeshit looney. It was on the other day, and there was nothing else on...
bustygirl
She probably sleeps in her makeup all the freaking time and now she's gonna be A PARENT?! Who has to CHANGE DIAPERS?! I mean, really.

You don't really think celebs change their kids' diapers, do you? They only have babies for photo ops. After that, it's right back to the nanny. The kids have to buy US weekly to remember what mommy and daddy's faces look like.
girltrouble
le post double!
girltrouble
hee hee... posh's special was bested in the ratings by....

a wife swap rerun...

i love it. i probably would have watched it, if i was paying attention, but i still hold fast to my prediction that posh and becks will come to america...and be ignored... i just can't see them becoming big here cos of soccer and a long finished singing career....they seem a bit too bland, and in the words of prince, "dontcha know straight ahead ain't got no curl?"

candycane_girl
I actually watched the Victoria Beckham special and found it highly amusing.

And her career isn't over yet. There's gonna be a Spice Girls reunion!!
girltrouble
and honestly, i do like the spice girls... guilty pleasure... but i can't put my finger on what bugs me about them.....perhaps it's my being a classist-- i loathe the uber rich.
kari
I watched part of it too, candycane. It's entertaining, if nothing else. She talks more than I thought she would. The part about her preparing for earthquakes was funny I thought.
faerietails2
This is out of control. Freaking Hilary Duff.

I don't even know where to start. Let's see...

"I'm not really a flirt, but I am a girl. I'm not a tramp, or a whore, but I do manipulate men when I feel like it...I'm not, like, a crazy feminist. I think women definitely need men. Like, I couldn't imagine having a girlfriend!"

"Women are definitely home-makers. We're obviously very different from men. But everyone's looking for love, in the end...I don't need someone who, like, has as much as me, but I don't want someone who has much less because then you never really feel taken care of. And it would always make a guy feel not like a man."

Whoa. Don't strain your brain or anything, Hil.
pollystyrene
Get OUT! (/shoves whoever's nearby, Elaine Benes style) What a freaking surprise.
kittenb
I am at the point w/ Lohan that I was w/ Robert Downey Jr. ages ago. It is just to painful to watch and it has stopped being funny.
pollystyrene
These stupid girls have the money- hire a freaking driver to haul your drunk/drugged ass around.

I feel slightly worse for Lindsay (as opposed to Paris, for instance) because her family's a hot mess, but the time to suck it up and get herself together was a looooong time ago.
faerietails2
I know. She looks really out of it in her mug shot. It's really sad.
pinkpoodle
"drove into a hedge" Pffff...that made me laugh...

Ugh. Now I need to go home and read The Feminine Mystique or something to get those Hilary Duff comments out of my head.
doodlebug
My apologies if this has been discussed, but it's really annoying me.

What is the deal with Britney Spears and the wigs? What on earth could possibly propel a person to insist on being seen only in a series of tacky wigs, rather than the face the shame and horror of being seen with *gasp* short hair? Come on, it's been five months now - surely there's enough re-growth to suck it up and be brave about it. Not to mention that it is the height of summer, and those heavy, dark, fake hairpieces can't be much fun to wear.
pollystyrene
I heard part of the celebrity report on the morning radio show today and they were saying that Britney was in a photo shoot (I missed who it was with) and her behavior was really erratic and paranoid, like she was worried about the walls caving in on her or something. They said they might not even be able to use the pictures.
missjoy
First of all - what is up with Hilary Duff... yikes.

Secondly - pollystyrene - the word now is that Okay was worried they couldn't use the pictures but now they have decided to use them and actually report on what she was like at the photoshoot - they say it will be tragic and possibly career ending (yeah right).

Still... I'm being sucked in and I'll probably look at the article...
pinkpoodle
Seriously, why are these skanks driving themselves around?!!
LoveMyPugs
Double Post!! Sorry!!!
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Jul 24 2007, 01:02 AM) *
Freaking Hilary Duff.

I don't even know where to start.

faerietails -

I've read that article twice now and it didn't get any better the second time around. She's awful. She sounds so freaking stupid. Does she "like" think about what the hell she says before it "like" comes out of "like" her mouth?

blink.gif

Lindsay - hire a driver for God's sake!
anna k
The well-known guys that Hilary was with were Aaron Carter and Joel Madden. I don't trust her taste in men, so I don't take what she said seriously.

The Lindsay thing is depressing, but she's 21 now. This shit's getting real old.
Lilith
That's funny, I wrote about that Hilary Duff thing earlier today. What a moron. I love how she can't differentiate between a feminist and a lesbian. rolleyes.gif
mouse
what a shame. i thought hilary was one of the smarter poptarts out there. guess not. WHERE IS LILY ALLEN WHEN YOU NEED HER.

as much as i still think her family is a sham and she's getting paid millions to act the part, i think katie holmes looks fantastic these days. her short haircut suits her SO well, she looks mature, responsible, and sophisticated. now if only she would ACT as smart as she looks and GET THE HELL OUT OF THAT MARRIAGE.

re: lindsay--no surprise, really, but like others i feel pity for her i never felt for paris because she didn't flaunt her unstoppability as much, and i think she really *is* a wreck, rather than paris, who knows better.
jemisoutrageous
I realize I am going to betray my Masshole roots here, but fuck it.
THEY ARE ALL FAHHHKEN RETAHHHDED!!!!
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
chachaheels
Unless Hilary Duff starts wrapping expensive cars around landmarks, or is caught on videotape shooting heroin with other lowlife celebs, I'd say her 15 minutes are almost up.

Lindsay Lohan and all those drunk drivin' gals just like her (Paris, Nicole, whomever else falls into that moronosphere) should either finish the job entirely and enter the sainted and cleansed state of notoriety reserved for people like James Dean and John Eric Hexom (sp? It was a long time ago).

Britney is yet another whose 15 minutes have ended (but she's not yet aware). She feels she's still got some pull, however, if she could just emulate Dolly Parton, if only with the wig dependencies. Cause Lord knows, she is no Dolly Parton.

And my take on Katie Holmes is that she exemplifies that old but true saying: When you "marry rich", you pay through the nose for that money all your life. Yes, she does look great with the cute bobbed hair and the exquisite full straightlegged plaid trousers she was photographed in just last week (I would kill for those! But that's my limit). To get that, however, she's gotta put up with being Tom's beard, and hanging around with Victoria Beckham and trying to convince us all they've got anything at all to talk about. Costly, indeed.
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(mouse @ Jul 24 2007, 10:34 PM) *
what a shame. i thought hilary was one of the smarter poptarts out there. guess not. WHERE IS LILY ALLEN WHEN YOU NEED HER.

"poptarts" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
greenbean
Haven't been here for awhile but had to pop in do to all buzz going on. I read that Hillary thing, and as moronic as it sounded, I suppose how would she know anything about feminism? As far as I know she isn't in college, and come to think of it, Britney, Lindsey, and Paris all skipped college as well...and we sure as hell know their lime-light-loving mothers aren't the best examples of feminism...so where as else do these girls learn anything about being a woman but from their boyfriends and handlers? What a sad existence.

Then again, this isn't really anything new, except the amount of media surrounding them. I was reading about the original "It Girl" Clara Bow, and its amazing how many of today's gossip headlines would apply to her...and I think she is awsome! All the mayhem seems less trashy in black and white I suppose...
Jezebel
QUOTE(greenbean @ Jul 25 2007, 08:18 PM) *
so where as else do these girls learn anything about being a woman but from their boyfriends and handlers? What a sad existence.

Good point. And the thought of any girl learning about being a woman from Aaron Carter makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Lilith
I don't know. I think that it's really easy to get on the internet and learn something. You don't have to go to college to know something about feminism. Although, really, if you don't know what feminism is (clearly the case)... here's a really simple solution: DON'T TALK ABOUT IT IN ARTICLES. I mean, please. I might not have known what something was when I was younger, but I also didn't shoot my mouth off about how good/bad it was.
greenbean
Trust me, I'm not defending Hillary Duff. I'm just not surprised shes an idiot, being that she's uneducated and all. I think thats why people (not just children and teeny boppers, but grown adults) are so infatuated with these dumb girls: they illustrate that you can be an idiot and still rich and famous.

Which reminds me, my housemate was telling me how white trash his sister is. I said that that was mean, and he interjected that she named her daughter Hillary, "not after Clinton. After Duff." I was like whoa. Ok thats bad.
chachaheels
You don't have to go to college to know something about feminism. Although, really, if you don't know what feminism is (clearly the case)... here's a really simple solution: DON'T TALK ABOUT IT IN ARTICLES. I mean, please.

Amen, already.

mouse
say it ain't so...paris loses her inheritance????!?
chachaheels
Paris has been making a considerable portion of that amount every year since she started trading on the family name anyway.

She won't miss it, I'm sure.

Plus, the added notoriety it will bring her will only bring her more profit. After all, that's what been making her really wealthy anyway.

My guess is that her grandfather was getting a bit jealous with her fame, and decided he was gonna get some attention out of it while he could (he was actually pretty scandalous in his own time, too...but now he's pretty much forgotten).
Lilith
QUOTE(chachaheels @ Jul 31 2007, 07:25 AM) *
Paris has been making a considerable portion of that amount every year since she started trading on the family name anyway.

She won't miss it, I'm sure.

Plus, the added notoriety it will bring her will only bring her more profit. After all, that's what been making her really wealthy anyway.

I remember reading in an article a long time ago that she says she doesn't take any money from her family anyway... everything she "earns" herself (I put that in quotes, because so much of what she "does" is just "being famous") from the TV shows, B-movies, club appearances, "singing", etc.

mouse
in any case it doesn't seem like it's true...i've since seen reports that it was "only" $30 million, and others that it's just a rumour and not happening at all. and yeah, i'm sure she "earns" quite a bit in her own right, but $60 million is $60 million...even when you're already a millionaire.
roseviolet
It's official; Nicole is pregnant.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/31/r...reut/index.html
Lilith
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Jul 31 2007, 09:53 PM) *

I loved that joke about Nicole being pregnant... It was something like "No I'm not pregnant, I just ate a grape".
mouse
i just REALLY don't get how that's possible. how is the girl still freaking menstruating!? i mean, okay, there are women who are meant to be that thin who are perfectly healthy, but looking at how nicole USED to look and now, it's wonder she's not growing hair all over her body. i mean, maybe she is, who knows? there are good waxing spas in LA.

furthermore, how can you be that fucking irresponsible? you have serious drug problems yourself, ones that make you DRIVE THE WRONG WAY IN FREEWAY TRAFFIC, not to mention your previous heroin addiction, and you're facing jail time. healthy environment for a child, really.

at least she's being more responsible about her jail time than paris was. christ.
roseviolet
Notice that she is 4 months pregnant. And she has been with this guy for only 7 months.
Wow.
Granted, my parents got married after knowing one another for only 3 months & they've been together for 40 years, but ... well, call me cynical, but I don't see that happening here. I wonder who will end up getting custody.
Sigh.
I feel sorry for the kid already.

My only hope is that this pregnancy will force Nicole to finally put on some weight.
faerietails2
I love how that link came from CNN. Headline news indeed!

That's really wack. I don't know how people even suspected she was pregnant in the first place. She's a toothpick!
kittenb
The weird thing about Paris being disinherited is that when you read the history of her parents, it doesn't not seem that anyone should be throwing stones in the glass house they all live in.
jami
not all is happy in the world of Mr Pitt and Ms Jolie. Indeed, the two allegedly had such a blazing row on holiday in France that Angelina threw a glass of red wine over Brad because he called her 'immature'.
http://www.livingtv.co.uk/celebrity/gossip/

and as for Paris, she tried to get the phone number of Adrian Grenier (Entourage) and he wouldn't give it to her. he wouldn't despite her many efforts
http://janetcharlton.com/
steppe_child
Why does Amy Winehouse always wear that same pair of nasty shorts in every photo?
Muffy
Have you heard what that stupid bitch Angelina is now claiming?! I've never liked her and now I like her less...I heard on Inside Edition today that Angelinia Jolie claims she is now "cured of her bisexuality" due to her great love of Brad Pit. Way to make the GLBTQ community look like a bunch of assholes! Not to mention regressing our progress,what little we've had, back to 1950's thinking when people thought we could be cured of this 'illness.' Clearly her husband is so f'n insecure that he needs public validation of his masculinity. Some poor bastards living out in the midwest is currently thanking her as their family tells them the way to be cured of this gay illness is to find the love of the opposite sex and/or dressing for their 'appropriate' gender.

She needs to bitch slapped.
thepointybird
Muffy, I'm with you. I've always disliked Angelina. Back in the day, her whole schtick seemed to be marketed as some kind of weak, goth-by-numbers cock-tease. Now that she's turned into The Celebrity Mother Teresa, she just seems incredibly self-righteous and sanctimonious. And as for Brad - to me, he is the 'Blandness' poster boy. They are truly the most tedious celeb couple ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.