Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
kari
Jami...regarding Paris & Adrian Greenier, I saw a pic on the E! website of the two of them in a car together. He was driving. Oh, Adrian. How could you? smile.gif

hellotampon
You know who annoys me? Megan Fox- I don't even know what she's famous for but she draws comparisons to Angelina all the time and all the quotes I've ever read from her are things that she knows people want to hear. It's so fake.
stargazer
muffy, she said that! that's annoying. yeah, bradgelina is here in the windy city. lots of press coverage.
CharliNye
QUOTE(Muffy @ Aug 14 2007, 07:09 PM) *
Have you heard what that stupid bitch Angelina is now claiming?! I've never liked her and now I like her less...I heard on Inside Edition today that Angelinia Jolie claims she is now "cured of her bisexuality" due to her great love of Brad Pit. Way to make the GLBTQ community look like a bunch of assholes! Not to mention regressing our progress,what little we've had, back to 1950's thinking when people thought we could be cured of this 'illness.' Clearly her husband is so f'n insecure that he needs public validation of his masculinity. Some poor bastards living out in the midwest is currently thanking her as their family tells them the way to be cured of this gay illness is to find the love of the opposite sex and/or dressing for their 'appropriate' gender.

She needs to bitch slapped.

I'm sorry but I don't buy it at all. Number one I don't buy jack shit what those gossip shows or mags have to say. Did they actually SHOW her saying it to the camera? Because I find that hard to believe. She's not going to say that shit to any camera right now with what's going on her world. So unless she did, I don't buy it.

And even if she did, so fucking what. There are PLENTY of people/women out there who went through BI years who found the right PERSON for them, no matter what sex, who found true love with that person and had the other feelings die down. It's more normal then any fucking study will tell you.

Sorry, but I like ANgie warts and all. To me she's human. Humans change.
faerietails2
Charli, if it's true that she said it, it is really fucked up for the reasons muffy stated. There's a big difference between negotiating changes in your sexuality to being "cured" of it.

But I understand your need to defend her. I mean, I love Britney--yeah, I said it--warts and all, but if she said something like that it would piss me off because it's a fucked up statement to make. (Although my girl gives me plenty of opportunities other to be pissed at her...)
bunnyb
I think the quote is either out of context or that she didn't say the word "cured"; Angelina is not a stupid woman.

The vitriol directed at Angelina really pisses me off; I just don't get it. There are other celebrities out there who truly deserve people's loathing (um, Paris Hilton for one) who aren't a hundredth of the person Angelina is.

No comment on the trainwreck that is Amy Winehouse?
mornington
no, bunny... I'm still at the stage where I'm torn between standing in shock, and laughing until I pee.

is she or is she not gonna go to rehab? and can they make her eat some pies and get a haircut while she's there?
Lilith
Did anyone else see that whole thing about how Derek Jeter gave Jessica Alba herpes? Lol... I can't believe stuff like that is news.
raisingirl
I'm at a loss for words (a rarity) when it comes to Amy Winehouse. I hope she gets her act together, and soon. Girlfriend sure does need a few pies and ONE AMAZING HAIRCUT while she's in rehab, definitley (if she goes back, I can't keep track anymore). It's a shame because she's actually got musical talent.
p_176
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/20/vick/index.html

vick pleads guilty to conspiracy of dogfighting. do you think the NFL should impose sanctions against him?
LilPinkElectricChair
Honestly, I think it'll do Winehouse a lot of good to do some time in rehab. I do feel bad for her, because on the topic of rowdy british stars, Pete Doherty has a far dirtier record and he doesn't get half of the crap Amy seems to get.
kittenb
I can't swear this is true yet but here is the report:

Owen Wilson attempts suicide.
bunnyb
Wow. If it's true then I hope he's doing okay and gets some help and support.

Is he/was he seeing Kate Hudson?
stargazer
yeah, kitten. i was surprised when i read that about owen wilson. his schtick is old, but i do like him. i hope he gets everything sorted out.
ginger_kitty
I was surprised to hear about Owen Wilson, also. I loved him in the Royal Tenenbaums, I think he has potential....if he'd just pick better roles. Hopefully he takes care of himself.
mouse
yeah. owen wilson was fantastic in bottle rocket. hope he gets better.

britney's being investigated for possible child abuse. WHY ISN'T ANYONE HELPING THIS GIRL???????
http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/27/britney-targ...-investigation/
greenbean
Oh no!!! My heart seriously sank when I read about Owen Wilson. I actually met him at a party for Jason Schwartzman (I was friends with Jason at the time) right before Rushmore came out, (almost ten years ago! jeeze I'm getting old!) and Owen was seriously very sweet and modest. Course he wasn't as famous yet, but still I thought he was just so nice. I even got to snap a picture of him:
http://www.mssimages.com/uploads/20070827/...31084681716.jpg
It was a family-type party and there were little kids with toys, hence the Teletubby. *kisses to Owen*
Divala
That's so sad about Owen Wilson. He seems like a decent person, and is an actor I actually don't hate. He doesn't seem the type to try something like that. I hope he gets better.

I hope AmyWinehouse goes to rehab or just... somewhere. I can't stand the girl or her nasty hair or UGLY makeup (why would BUST give instructions to do your makeup like that? Why? Someone please enlighten me!) or druggy sea hag-ness. I'll bet if you touched her, she'd be sticky and smell like piss and burning plastic. I read an interview with her in Rolling Stone a couple months ago, and she sounded so incredibly immature. The gir's a freaking train wreck, and not even a fun one like Anna Nicole was.
girltrouble
yes, but have you heard her music?

her make up is odd, but her whole thing is kind of a retro-y kinda thing, and lord knows i love big bobbie gentry hair and makeup from the 60's. i haven't read any interviews, but her music is freaking amazing...sorry d.
bunnyb
Her music may be amazing but I have lost all respect for her as an artist: yes, she has problems but she is unprofessional and way too young to be a diva (to paraphrase zoya). I also found her to be very disappointing live.
greenbean
I read that rolling stone article and it was kinda sad, because not only did she keep scuttling off to the restroom to do drugs (the interviewer speculated) but she seemed more devoted to her new husband than her career, eventhough he was acting like a total turd towards her,... and she said how she cant wait to have babies with him--eeep! Guess she taking the retro fetish pretty far, I'm thinking the Loretta Lynn-stand-by-your asshole--hubby variety. ..course it makes for some good tunes..

But I hate to hate on her, cuz it seems like a double standard..I mean most famous male rockstars are total pompous druggies, and a lot of the time its thought of as sexy. And as much as I feel like she is unfit to be a mother in her current condition, those same male rockstars have fathered and no one seems to worry about it much, cuz they arent the ones tied down to the kids. Just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
crazyoldcatlady
QUOTE(greenbean @ Sep 4 2007, 12:56 AM) *
But I hate to hate on her, cuz it seems like a double standard..I mean most famous male rockstars are total pompous druggies, and a lot of the time its thought of as sexy. And as much as I feel like she is unfit to be a mother in her current condition, those same male rockstars have fathered and no one seems to worry about it much, cuz they arent the ones tied down to the kids. Just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

gb- i never thought of it that way. no one's tearing mick jagger a new nasal septum for snorting everything on god's green earth the same way they are winehouse.

but, i'm still gonna hate on her, because i am an equal-opportunity celebrity trainwreck rubber-necker smile.gif
chachaheels

What the hell is wrong with the people at Glamour magazine, besides ineptitude in PhotoShop?
kari
They made her face look like Eva Mendes.

I read that Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams split. That's too bad, they seemed like a really cool couple.
Divala
Why did they have to go and make America look like EVERY OTHER DAMN MODEL ON THE PLANET? The thing that's so great about her, looks-wise, is that she doesn't look like everyone else and is someone that the rest of us can identify with.

Thanks a lot, Glamour.

About Amy Winehouse, yeah, her voice is good, but everything else about her is a wreck, and her voice can't save that. I tend to shy away from rock stars, male and female, that are personally revolting if I learn about what they're like off-stage. Just looking at that girl gives me the urge to take a shower and scrub with a wire brush.
dusty
The radio station I listen to in the morning, nothing special top-40, referred to a recent blind item in a gossip mag and suggested that Owen Wilson had recently become a heroin addict.

They also are saying that Renee Zellwegger and Paul McCartney have been seen together lately.
bunnyb
I read that Owen Wilson was addicted to "Hillbilly Heroin", which is a very addictive anti-depressant.

dusty, hold up, PAUL MCCARTNEY? Say it ain't so! Pass the sick bucket.

kari, that's so sad if it's true about Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams - they seemed such a cool, down-to-earth couple and their little girl is so young. Then again, I did have the impression reading something once that they were only together because he knocked her up.
crazyoldcatlady
"hillbilly heroin" is slang for oxycontin; the high for relatively less
chachaheels
They made America look like a severed head, slapped on a too-small (let alone ridiculously thin) body. Maybe it was supposed to look amateurish. I mean, if you look at the actual photo of her, on the right, her head is in proportion to the rest of her body, in terms of size. In the photoshopped version, it's gargantuan. They could have at least scaled it down and positioned it so that she doesn't look like her head was so heavy it broke her neck.

Owen Wilson breaks my heart.

girltrouble
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Sep 3 2007, 01:11 PM) *
Her music may be amazing but I have lost all respect for her as an artist: yes, she has problems but she is unprofessional and way too young to be a diva (to paraphrase zoya). I also found her to be very disappointing live.
]meh, i suppose you and the others do have some valid points, especially if the interview is as noxious as you say. i'm not one for hero worship, but "disappointing live" can be said about many great artists, like, say nina simone. but to me, judging an artist by their live show is like saying picasso sucked cos of his sketch book. but then i'm not a fan of most musicians live....

the glamour thing is just weird. it's like they can't handle the idea of a real girl on their cover. it's like they want to, but when the rubber hits the road, they just can't.
chachaheels
the glamour thing is just weird. it's like they can't handle the idea of a real girl on their cover. it's like they want to, but when the rubber hits the road, they just can't.

And I think that's where all media is at, right now. Even if they wanted to put an undoctored photo in their publication, they simply could not.
zoya
...re: artists' live shows.. for me, if a band / artist is completely studio-driven, ie: electronic artists, etc. then I can see the live show sucking. Not very exciting in general to watch that music be reproduced live (that said, there are some artists who do it really well... daft punk, anyone??!!) But I do have issues with people like Amy Winehouse - who is a singer, and a highly respected, trained jazz vocalist at that - when they can't pull off what they do, live. If someone of that ilk can't pull of their music live, then I do have issues with it. I think it's pretty obvious that the reason she is sucking live is that she's too damn speedballed up these days to even show up for half of her shows, and the other half are not even remotely up to the caliber of what she's capable of when she's focused and using her voice to its full potential.

I used to have not much sympathy for Amy Winehouse, but kind of feel a bit bad for her these days. Her diva-ish behaviour and spiraling into whatever it is she's spiralling into are really costing her what should be a fantastic career right now. I can't imagine that many promoters feel very confident about booking a show with her (her whole US tour was just cancelled, so she's already set a precedent for being a liability)

re: America - I noticed the head / neck thing too, chacha... they could have at least made the neck a little shorter, it just looks really wrong.
faerietails2
*sigh* I know. I was really really sad after last night's bomb. She's a nut and she's pissed me off more times than I can count over the past few years, but I've never stopped liking her. I wanted Brit to come back and dazzle us all. Instead, she was like a zombie.

The media coverage is reaaaaaaaaally pissing me off, though. First thing I saw on yahoo this morning was them saying she had a paunch. TMZ, "The fat lady has sung." And of course, all the talking heads on the news networks are digging in as well. And she's not even fat! It's disgusting. I was disappointed last night, but I did think she looked good (body-wise, not costume-wise). If she's fat, then I'm a freakin whale.

Meanwhile, have y'all seen this?
octobersky
QUOTE(faerietails2 @ Sep 10 2007, 11:51 AM) *
*sigh* I know. I was really really sad after last night's bomb. She's a nut and she's pissed me off more times than I can count over the past few years, but I've never stopped liking her. I wanted Brit to come back and dazzle us all. Instead, she was like a zombie.

The media coverage is reaaaaaaaaally pissing me off, though. First thing I saw on yahoo this morning was them saying she had a paunch. TMZ, "The fat lady has sung." And of course, all the talking heads on the news networks are digging in as well. And she's not even fat! It's disgusting. I was disappointed last night, but I did think she looked good (body-wise, not costume-wise). If she's fat, then I'm a freakin whale.

Meanwhile, have y'all seen this?

Couldn't agree with you more faerie - it was like the lights are on and nobody's home. I never really liked her, but now I just feel so sorry for her. And yeah WTF - she's fat?!? Not even close, but they are comparing her to the current crop of eating disorder "celebrities" so anybody would look fat compared to a 0. I even saw some headline like "Lard and Clear" or something like that. Granted she doesn't have the body she had when she first came out, but crap she has had two kids. Give the girl a break. If that is "fat" then I need my own zip code.
Secondly her stylist should be shot - the outfit didn't do her any favors - a sparkly bikini - really who WOULD look good in that? Plus her wig/extensions just looked cheap and ratty - what was this person thinking sending her on national television looking like that?
pollystyrene
Someone at work commented that she looked like she was trying to stay out of the dancer's ways, rather than commanding the stage.

She just looked really out of it and confused. And that was some of the worst lip-synching I've ever seen.
mouse
why did anyone let her do that, except that everyone knew it would be a train wreck and that makes for good tv?

girl is mentally ILL, people. she severely needs therapy and help that NO ONE IS GIVING HER. why????????
faerietails2
i know. i was just telling my roommate that i honestly think she's bipolar.
jemisoutrageous
mad.gif Leave Britney Alone! mad.gif

There I said it. Just-okay? I'm tired of reading how fat she looked at the VMA's. Yes, she's fatter then she used to be (she had two children) and she dared to try and go back to work (the nerve) and she lost her faith in herself (cheating spouses and divorce can do that) and sure, she didn't put on that great a show because she was nervous and she clearly felt like shit about herself, but does she really deserve this assualtive nastiness from everyone?

Does any woman? It's just such an allegory for how fucked up and misgynistic this world really is. Instead of adulating women for giving birth we vilify them for the changes the births make (in thier bodies, in thier work performances, in thier lives)and it is fucked up and sick and sad.
chachaheels
I definitely think there are people out there making a fortune documenting Britney's crash and burn, and that may be one huge reason why she isn't getting the help she needs. You know, some people in show business really believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity: I'm sure a photo or video of Britney's never been worth more than it is now, and if that's really the case, no one will be looking out for her interests whatsoever.

Personally, I think she needed a lot of help BEFORE all of this started happening to her, like when she was a kid whose entire life was made public and she was given so much responsibility for her own career at an age when that shouldn't have been left to her alone.

I thought the whole Kevin Federline/Babies/FuckUp part of her life was her simple-minded attempt to force herself and everyone depending on her to just take a break from what she was doing before. When I see little snippets of her VMA performance, she really gives me the impression of someone who is going through the motions of trying to come back, but really, her heart is just not in it.

Therefore: she needs a good couple of years in the French countryside, with people who give a damn about her and her kids and some nice qualified counsellors and doctors. And a new direction. And someone to help her move towards it. And if that includes a return to show biz, a complete and total image overhaul. Honest to gah, Britney, the time has come for you to fire everyone that you can see.
crazyoldcatlady
there's only two thing that have ever come out of kanye west's mouth that i ever agreed with:

"george bush doesn't care about black people"

and

(paraphrased) "mtv exploited britney for ratings."

(i just want to give her a hug, stroke her weave, and tell her everything is going to be ok.)
raisingirl
Mouse, I agree with what you have to say about Britney. Girlfriend needs a shrink and a good dose of self-honesty.

Can we go back to talking about Amy Winehouse? This isn't gossip, but I've been listening to more of her music (from her first album, Frank) and I've come to the conclusion that it's a damn shame she's addicted to whateveritisshe'saddictedto. A damn shame. Not that it isn't a damn shame when a talentless fuck is in the throes of addiction, but as an observer it's hard to watch talent like that going down the drain. I guess there's not much more to say than that, I dunno.
greenbean
Um, I'd like to point out that people who cared about Britney pre-marriage to KFed, were not listened to. She was warned against marrying too young, and especially to someone with a pregnant ex, but she rushed in anyway. Also, more recently when her longtime manager tried to calm down her partying, he was fired...and when her mom tried to help her out with parenting, Britney stopped talking to her. So really, I *do* think there were people trying to help her but she wasn't having any of it.

Was she exploited? Yes, but she revels in it. Exploitation is all she ever had! Thats whats sad. Did she look fat? Hell no! And I don't think anyone really thinks that, its just tacky shit-starters saying that. If anything I hope she starts a new body trend. (although in her state of mind I doubt she wore that thing in a ballsy, body acceptance statement, if that were the case she would have rocked the short hair. oh well.)

Side note: When did lip-synching become so acceptable!!? Its no longer a scandel that anyone does it, only when they do it poorly!?
jemisoutrageous
"there's only two thing that have ever come out of kanye west's mouth that i ever agreed with:

"george bush doesn't care about black people"

and

(paraphrased) "mtv exploited britney for ratings."

(i just want to give her a hug, stroke her weave, and tell her everything is going to be ok.) "

HUZZAH!
raisingirl
Oh, WORD on the lip-synching of any sort. Like it wasn't bad enough when Ashley Simpson fucked up on SNL? Too many people have short term memory problems, methinks.

Either dance OR sing; don't do both or pretend that you can do both. The double threat factor doesn't turn me on in the least.

I want singers who sing and dancers who dance, damn it! And Madonna... well... uh... I'll make an exception for her, seeing that she was a dancer before she became a singer. But that's IT.
girltrouble
wait... madonna is a singer?!?

stop the presses, and hold the phone!

.... now raisin....are you sure?
raisingirl
That should have read: "singer"

*collapses in laughter*

Oh gosh. Just as I'm kicking my addiction to ONTD on LJ, I end up posting here way too many times in one night. Good times!
greenbean
More Amy Winehouse news: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...ticle_id=481154 Ouch!! look at her finger!

Yeah it is a damn shame about her. When she first started getting attention on the charts I thought she was gonna save us from all the boring blonde talentless infantile women that pass as entertainers these past 10 years. Then she has to go ahead and get shitfaced all the time, married too young, and go mucking up performances. Gah. We need to see more of Karen O. She can turn getting wasted on stage into an art.
culturehandy
*delurks*

I agree on the sadness that the media is exploiting Britney. She's not exactly healthy right now. What kind of sick game is it to see how far she can be pushed over the edge. That much attention is bound to mess with anyone's head. I thought her body looked pretty good. Heaven forbid that she's not a stick. Jeez. Here's jsut some of what Bob Lefsetz had to say about it;

It was an ill-advised attempt at a comeback. Someone should have said no. It's not about having product in the marketplace during the fourth quarter, it's about saving the life of someone who grew up too fast and saw too much too soon. To prevent her from O.D.'ing or robbing 7-11s. But the machine doesn't give a shit. Nobody from her manager to her label to MTV itself. They just want to get paid. If Britney falters, who gives a shit. Let's try to wring some cash out of her while we can.

That's what's sad is that is was only about money and exploiting someone.

Amy Winehouse. That also makes me sad.

That is all.

*relurks*
hellotampon
Well, that was a slap in the face.

I just looked at pictures from Britney's performance, and my body looks almost exactly like hers. It's good to know that if I were in the public eye people would be calling me fat and paunchy.
chachaheels

No, Girltrouble of my dreams, Madonna is no singer. She can, however, carry a tune with a voice that's pretty much typical. Awfully good in marketing though, and often caught out herself as a lipsyncher.

There have been others...with much more impressive voices, too. One is Annie Lennox, who actually had to lipsynch some of the highest notes in some of the Eurythmics tunes way back in the 80's.
She had vocal nodes then and it was obvious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.