Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
roseviolet
That incident with Robert Downey Jr. happened more than a decade ago, I believe. He was a drug addict and an absolute mess back then. He was arrested numerous times for drug posession and skipped out on multiple trips through rehab. Remember back when he was on Ally McBeal? He was kicked off when he was arrested again. I think that was in 2001. Frankly, I'm surprised he survived that period of his life. But I read that since that last arrest in 2001, he was forced to go into a treatment program that actually worked & he's been drug-free since then. Now that he's clean, his career is on an up-swing. That's what I call a success story. But I'm still surprised he landed so many parts back when he was so fucked up.

Christina Ricci claims that she has conquered her eating disorder, but it's clear to anyone who can see her that the woman still has some major issues with food. She may not be throwing it up anymore, but she's finding other ways to keep herself dangerously thin. It's scary to see.
bunnyb
word, rose.

AP, I see your point but I think the comparison you used to make it was random and left-field. RDJ IS a success story and he should be celebrated as such; he majorly fucked his life and himself up but he turned it around. He never hurt anybody (except for obviously himself and his loved ones) and I don't see the harm in giving him a second chance. Christina Ricci is in a tragic situation but she's not the first child actor to be and I have faith that she can heal and still come back to a career that she can build upon (in say the way that Drew Barrymore turned it around; not that I am in any way comparing substance abuse with an eating disorder, as AP did). If she's unable to retain her career is it because she's a woman or because of the fickle nature of Hollywood? are they mutually exclusive?

For all those RDJ lovers: this cracks me up.
pollystyrene
Just to inject some humor about the Christina Ricci topic, this was on I Can Has Cheezburger today:
mouse
as an actor, substance abuse makes you LESS marketable. however, AP made the astute and dangerous point that eating disorders that cause weight loss makes you (as a woman) MORE marketable. if rdj's downward spiral had caused him to become a lot more attractive in the eyes of hollywood, i doubt he'd've been pushed into rehab.
kittenb
Wow, polly, that cat really does look like Christina Ricci.
auralpoison
Um, I was hammered, yeah? That doesn't even make sense to me in the light of sober reality. Sorry, don't mind my fuckwit-ery.

But Mouse dropped the gist of what I so indelicately tried to say. No more drunken posties, promise.
mouse
ok, who else loves the fact that lolhan and samantha ronson are supposedly for reals dating? lindsay's confessed, apparently, that they hook up when she's not with a guy, but lately there have been rumours of it being more serious. i don't love the "just when i'm not with a guy" shit but i do love that there's a hi-profile bisexual chick who seems to actually mean it instead of it being some guy-titillating publicity stunt (a la tila tequila or katy perry...hurl). reasons i think it's not a publicity stunt: the amount of time they actually spend together, but most importantly the fact that sam ronson is not exactly a lipstick lesbian. don't get me wrong, i think she's hot, but rare, rare, rare it is to see a girl who's kissing another girl for a guy's benefit to kiss a butchy girl.

some stupid gossip newspaper said they're getting married now that CA allows gay marriage, but i think that's a bit over the top. i still love the idea of it.
auralpoison
I guess Pete's already got little Ashlee knocked up. And Bill murray & his wife are divorcing under allegations of susbstance abuse, assault, & abandonment.
auralpoison
Clay Gayken is supposedly gonna be a daddy! Word is he knocked up his fifty-year old record producer. I am torn between, "You go, girl!" & "You go, girl!" to them both.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(auralpoison @ May 29 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Clay Gayken is supposedly gonna be a daddy! Word is he knocked up his fifty-year old record producer. I am torn between, "You go, girl!" & "You go, girl!" to them both.

Well, a fertility doctor knocked her up, technically.
auralpoison
Yeah, but why would anybody *choose* to give birth to Howdy Doody Redux?

ETA, I did say "Gayken", we all know he didn't put his peestick in her.
amazonprincess
Anybody else here about the Jolie/Pitt twins being born?
roseviolet
It's not true, AmazonPrincess. Not yet at any rate.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20203433,00.html
candycane_girl
For anyone interested, Lily Allen now has pink hair!
Sound Of Vision
Um, yeah, and got dead drunk...tongue.gif

Btw, I found myself good gossip website, The Superficial biggrin.gif
stargazer
so i was watching "the truth about cats and dogs" and thinking how janeane garafalo looks really different now. especially about a couple of years ago when she was on an episode of campus ladies. what do the rest of you think?

http://www.mollygood.com/heartbreaking-wor...rgeon-20070621/
auralpoison
How weird. I watched that this morning, too. Her face to me looks the same, I think it's just the blonde that makes her look so off.

Is it weird that I really like Lily Allen's gushing death to Bambi dress? I know fuck all about her outside of the video for "Smile", but I am in the US.
pollystyrene
I can't get your link to work, star, but I've seen the pictures and I don't think blond is a good look for her. Any physical difference beyond the hair, I'm not sure I've noticed, but haven't really been looking.

Has it ever been confirmed whether she joined Scientology? Everything I could find was old, from 2006, about when that rumor surfaced. Basically, it stemmed from the enthusiastic support she gave on her Air America show for the program for 9/11 workers that the Scientologists started.

I'd be so sad if she became one of them.
Sound Of Vision
I think it's the haircut and color. And maybe makeup, her skin looks all smooth and glowy.

And yuck, Scientology!? Not her too.... mad.gif ohmy.gif
kittenb
AP - I loved Lily Allen's Dying Bambi dress. It really cracked me up.
Sound Of Vision
Oh noes, like poor Bambi didn't suffer enough! sad.gif *sniffle*

Ah, just not my sense of humor.
auralpoison
Bambi makes good jerky. And summer sausage. And Bambi burger & steaks. At this very moment the frozen head of a deer resides in my deep freeze. My dad liked killing shit.

KittenB, I so want that dress.
Sound Of Vision
Oh oh, so controversial and shoking, makes me shudder and wince. Is that what you're trying? Right. dry.gif rolleyes.gif
kittenb
I just like seeing fashion w/a sense of humor and that dress was hilarious.
thepointybird
It's possibly the best dress ever! Also, it's just so very Lily, and she totally rocks the pink hair too!
mouse
i love lily allen. i don't care what anyone says. i love her and i think she is gorgeous and i love that she's unashamedly feminist yet also totally trashy and not stuck-up about herself and any lofty goals. she's a 23 year old popstar, for chrissakes. she's allowed to get drunk, and god love her for gaining a little weight. i love her voice and i love her lyrics and i love that she doesn't sing songs that other people picked out and wrote for her. and yeah, that dress was hilarious.
auralpoison
QUOTE(Sound Of Vision @ Jun 8 2008, 11:41 AM) *
Oh oh, so controversial and shoking, makes me shudder and wince. Is that what you're trying? Right. dry.gif rolleyes.gif

Um, okay. Whatever. You read into it whatever you like, little girl. You already said you had no sense of humor about this, so it wasn't aimed at you. It was merely an odd thought that had been on my mind since I saw the damn dress.

And if you're gonna step to me at least fucking spell properly, I am unsure of what "shoking" means. When trying to be snarky it means more if you do it correctly.

Jessica Alba popped her sprog. Baby girl.
bunnyb
I love Lily's new hair.

Amy is a fucking idiot: check this out. She's treading a thin line when it comes to her career; she may be receiving awards all the time (I don't get it when she hasn't released an album for two years) but she won't have a fan base for much longer and the fans are who pay her bills (not to mention pay for her crack).
neurotic.nelly
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Jun 9 2008, 03:29 PM) *
I love Lily's new hair.

Amy is a fucking idiot: check this out. She's treading a thin line when it comes to her career; she may be receiving awards all the time (I don't get it when she hasn't released an album for two years) but she won't have a fan base for much longer and the fans are who pay her bills (not to mention pay for her crack).

What a silly song, it's so immature that it doesn't even offend me coming from a crack hoe like her.
pherber
Gonna risk some serious controversy, but I love Amy!
No, not that song, of course. rolleyes.gif
I always thought her husband is an ass, but after seeing this, I think he seriously is the most repulsive and despisable creep!

*shudders*
mouse
i just feel really bad for her. when celebrities need serious help, it takes a long time for people to wise up and help them get it. i just love how all the tabloids now are all "poor britney, thank god she's finally getting the help she needs" when a couple months ago they were condemning her, calling her an idiot, a terrible mother, a trainwreck, etc.
candycane_girl
Where is this dying Bambi dress?
sixelacat
Why, the Fug Girls have it, of course! wink.gif
mouse
oh jeeze, continuing the lily allen love...her myspace blog today (YES i'm a nerd) details her buying a dress at a shop that is ON MY STREET, a few blocks down, a shop i frequent pretty much every weekend and which is next door to the cafe where i spend a good chunk of saturday/sunday mornings. why was it a tuesday....sigh.
femikneesm
I've only just seen the Winehouse video. Sigh. Her husband sounds like a total jerk.

I wonder if she's going to put another album out? And would it be any good if she did?
anna k
I like Lilly Allen too. She looks natural and I liked her on this NPR music show talking about her favorite music like Squeeze, the Klaxons, Jay-Z, CSS, and The Clash. She has a very charming personality.
mouse
while in LA, lily allen has been hanging out with lolhan and samantha ronson. everything is right with the world, and i may be becoming a stalker. sigh wub.gif
stargazer
so, i'm watching kathy griffin's show to find out she is dating steve wozniak. that seemed pretty left field.
auralpoison
I thought so, too. I was kinda like wha? But he seems like a nice enough dork & lord knows he has scads of cash.
pollystyrene
They're actually not dating anymore, but they're good friends still.

auralpoison
Welcome into this world a brand spankin' new hot mess ya'll! Miss Jamie Lynn has dropped a baby girl.

I also heard Pam & Tommy have gotten back together. I heaved a sigh of relief. At least Tommy is amusing & I know he's better hung than Kid Rock & Rick Salomon combined.
crazyoldcatlady
amy wino's lungs are crapping out at the age of 24.
lananans
It's no surprise that her lungs are no good, what with all of the drugs. I just think its really tragic because she is truly talented.
stargazer
i just read somewhere that noel gallagher was talking shit about jay z being at the glastonbury festival.

dude, i wish jay z would've punched noel in his fat head. noel should know better than to mess with jiggah. what a tool.
stargazer
i've read that a-rod and the material girl may have a little sumthin' sumthin' going on. madonna sure does have a thing for the brown-skinned variety. i'm mean, i know we are irrestible... wink.gif

where's my fellow gossip girl, AP??
AdviceVixensRawk
Yes, I just vlogged about this on Youtube... it's really said if it's true but then Madge is the queen of duplicity.

Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGvjpytXSNs
AdviceVixensRawk
QUOTE(mouse @ Jun 11 2008, 01:29 AM) *
oh jeeze, continuing the lily allen love...her myspace blog today (YES i'm a nerd) details her buying a dress at a shop that is ON MY STREET, a few blocks down, a shop i frequent pretty much every weekend and which is next door to the cafe where i spend a good chunk of saturday/sunday mornings. why was it a tuesday....sigh.

I have to say, your crush is adorable! I'd probably be like that about Nigella... or Peter Murphy..
auralpoison
Celebs, stop giving your kids weird names!

Nicole & Keith named their girl "Sunday". Not bad, but man, whatever happened to Andrea or Michelle or Tamara? I know somebody will come in here & talk about how much they love it & how creative it is, but come on.
pinkpoodle
Yeah, that's lame. It's fun for fictional characters or maybe a pet, but that's about it. I can't stand ultra-creative names, especially when intentional misspelling is involved.
auralpoison
I don't get the weird spellings either. It doesn't make your baby any more special than a baby with a normally spelled name. I can state this from experience because my middle name is spelled wonky & my mum used to have to call to ask me how she spelled it whenever she was filling out something official.

I just hope A-Rod'a wife made sure she & the bebes were taken care of in that pre-nup. Madonna may be a publicity stunt, but you know he's banged groupie hos in different area codes.

Why, oh, why do celebs do tv shows/interviews where they gush about their relationships? It's a harbinger of doom: Drew Barrymore & Justin Long broke up. It's too bad, I like them both.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.