Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
crazyoldcatlady
::derail::
it's almost like smoking is a massive faux pas now. even my knee-jerk when i see people smoking in a restaurant, or even in older movies, is like, "ew, i can't believe they're doing that." and yet. I SMOKE. (sometimes). It's such a social thing! You go outside with the other pariahs, and it's instant kinship. what sort of new cultural trend is going to be able to emmulate/approximate that bond? (rhetorical. SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU, KIDS.)

::re-rail::
flanker_ji
The Obama news probably shocks me more because of where I live - California, the state that I beleive took the lead with all the anti-smoking laws and culture. When I meet anyone, I assume they don't smoke unless I have evidence to the contrary. It's been like this here for so long I forget to question my assumptions until something like this happens!
mouse
funny, i live in CA and i know and see a crap-ton of smokers. then again, i live in hipsterville, and smoking is still cool there. i'm a smoker, too, though i've been trying to limit myself lately, and even so i do think it's gross to see someone smoking when i don't expect it (i.e., not huddled on the patio at a bar).
Jezebel
I don't even understand why the 'Obama smokes!' stuff counts as news. But I'm sure the right wing lunatic fringe is praying for lung cancer as we speak.
flanker_ji
Yeah, there are lots of people who smoke in my area too, but they're almost invariably guilty about it/trying to quit. My experience of the culture/subcultures of smoking are so convoluted, I can't think of how to sum it up succintly...
auralpoison
Re: smoking, It's all about protecting image & being a good role model for the kiddies.

Once the news came down from the Nazis about smoking (The Nazis did smoking tests for Anti-semetic fun, our smoking tests were/are run by tobacco companies. Hitler HATED smokes.); American leaders were almost never *seen* smoking. Technically, FDR was the last cigarette smoking president. Yeah, Eisenhower quit before he took office, JFK liked pipes, LBJ smoked until after his first heart attack, etc, etc. Pipes & cigars only & I think only Clinton's . . . affinity . . . was made a bid deal after Lewinski.
hellotampon
I was standing in line at the grocery store and one of the gossip magazines said "TWINS AGAIN OMG BRANGELINA OMG OMG" and I was wondering, how many f-ing kids do they have now? Last time I checked there was the Cambodian boy, the African girl, the Vietnamese boy (I think), and the biological girl.

Now they have 2 more sets of biological twins?
kari
hellotampon - I saw something like that too. It is a rumor, isn't it? I hope so.
auralpoison
Tom Cruise will no longer be discussing Scientology with the media while he's promoting his films. What about the rest of the time? Crazy little man.
jemisoutrageous
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 29 2008, 02:12 AM) *
Tom Cruise will no longer be discussing Scientology with the media while he's promoting his films. What about the rest of the time? Crazy little man.

Crazy Little A to the to the P!!!!
How you been, Hosebag?!?
I am so excited to see you that I totally think we need to don top hats, links arms, and form a kick line....
auralpoison
Son of a motherless goat! Jem you crazy bizznatch! Fer reals! Sparkly tap pants, stockings & everythang!
jemisoutrageous
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 30 2008, 01:24 AM) *
Son of a motherless goat! Jem you crazy bizznatch! Fer reals! Sparkly tap pants, stockings & everythang!

Why stop there? I'm thinking...spats! I'm thinking canes! I'm thinking tuxedo tops and "pantyhose" sans tap pants! What the motherfuck have you been up to?
bustygirl
Ugh. I live in Missouri, and we have yet to figure out that smoking has no business near food. I love going into Illinois and knowing I'm not going to go home smelling like an ashtray, having secondhand smoke chest pains, and dried out skin. As a singer in a band, there is nothing worse than trying to sing in a smoky bar. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

Which is why I'm surprised to hear that Obama smokes. Hopefully not very often, because I want him to be around for another 8 years.
katemusic
Christina Aguilera vs. Lady GaGa...does this fight make sense neither 1 r big stars...lol
auralpoison
Does anybody besides me find the airbrushed pictures of Jett Travolta weird? I mean, it just seems odd to put out pictures of your recently deceased looking unlike they did in life. In unairbrushed photos, the kid looks like Bobby Hill with a double chin, in the airbrushed ones they contour it all away & it's very noticable.
mouse
link to these pics plz?
jemisoutrageous
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jan 8 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Does anybody besides me find the airbrushed pictures of Jett Travolta weird? I mean, it just seems odd to put out pictures of your recently deceased looking unlike they did in life. In unairbrushed photos, the kid looks like Bobby Hill with a double chin, in the airbrushed ones they contour it all away & it's very noticable.

OMFG, YES!!!! I was trying not to look at them on the cover of People while standing online at the grocery store yesterday but they were totally grossing me out and making my asshole clench spasmotically in horror and disgust and SHAME for even giving them a flinty eyed glance. WRONG SO WRONG!!!!!! Poor little retarded dude. He so totally fucking died of Scientology and it makes me sad and angry and SKEEVES THE FUCK OUT OF ME!
kittenb
Poor little retarded dude.

Seriously? The theory is that he might have had autism, not that he was mentally challenged. And neither of thoes issues kill.
While I understand that many people have issues with Scientology, I refuse to join the parade wanting to drop blame on the family. I don't think it is accurate in this case. People do die from seizures and they die from head injuries, no matter what the religion.
culturehandy
what irked me is that people were questioning why he was in the shower alone when he was prone to seizures. Come the fuck on, he's 16 for fuck sake, he doesn't need a nanny in there while he gets little uncontrolled erections.

bunnyb
Was he on medication for his condition? I know that some people in Scientology (Tom Cruise for one) don't believe in children being on meds for ADHD etc. and I was wondering if perhaps that was the case here and it's where jem is coming from, blaming it on the religion.

No matter what, though, it's a tragedy and no parents should have to suffer that but so many do.
zoya
I read that he'd been on medication, but that had been taken off of it within the last year or something, but it was under a doctors direction...
auralpoison
I have a neuro-immune disorder that makes me prone to seizures. I am medicated for it. I had a MAJOR flail a couple of months ago in a public place & scared the fuck out of my grandad & the patrons of the Homeland. They switched my meds because of it (Now I get nothing for my migraines or my allergies, yippee! sad.gif ). Most of the time I am okay (My seizures are fairly infrequent, maybe a few times a year.), but I do sometimes fear that because I spend so much time alone, something could happen & nobody would know. I'm thirty-four, I don't need a babysitter, but I do still think about it every time I get into the shower. I could flail, conk my head & drown. I've only had one since the change & it was in the bathroom. I kicked the bin over, made a general mess, but didn't injure myself beyond a few bruises & a curling iron burn. I got lucky.

When my auntie started displaying SERIOUS symptoms, my uncle & cousins were watch dogs. She wasn't allowed do to most anything alone for almost a year. There was always somebody sitting on the bowl when she showered.

I do wonder about Scientology's role in things here. We all know that they think psychiatry, etc, is quackery. If the boy wasn't on an anti-convulsive, that's a dangerous proposition.
jemisoutrageous
I do wonder about Scientology's role in things here. We all know that they think psychiatry, etc, is quackery. If the boy wasn't on an anti-convulsive, that's a dangerous proposition.

BINGO. He was not. It is a psychotropic medication. You know, one of the many that Matt Lauer was, "glib" for questioning Tommy Girl for.

Fucking child abuse. It's no different than Gary Glitter getting away with sexually abusing those 8 year olds. No god damn different.

Had the Scientology not "cured" him, maybe a little Neuronitin might have is all I'm saying.

And I have worked with Autistic kids for YEARS and I know it when I see it and that poor lil retarded dude WAS autistic and that child was NOT CURED of it from fucking Scientology and those crazy-ass motherfucking child murderers are NO Better than Christian Scientists letting a kids die in agaonizing pain of something as simple to cure as, say, a bowel restriction because they don't belieive in medical intervention.
chachaheels
People who have epilepsy their entire lives have seizures despite medication, and their meds frequently have to be changed because eventually they all stop working. This is the nature of conventional medicine wherever chronic disease is involved, unfortunately: medications are either far too dangerous for continuous use or they simply have a limited effect and new medications have to be added to the list or substituted for medications which no longer have any effect. This isn't really limited to drugs to treat neurological ailments, either. Blaming Scientology just doesn't make sense, and blaming the Travoltas, by extension, is cruel. Even if they decided to medicate this child he'd still have had seizures, as there is no pharmaceutical which stops them from taking place.

I have a close friend who's had epilepsy for about 30 years now, it began to affect him after a massive change in his life (big divorce, coming out, having to find a new home, etc). He's been on every treatment ever devised for his condition, and he still gets seizures, he still constantly changes his meds as they put new ones on the market. Intellectually brilliant and accomplished man--he's retired now but he still travels the world, works out for hours every day, learns new languages and speaks several now, writes, is politically active, has a very active sex life, etc. etc....and occasionally he does suffer seizures which knock him out, some have happened while he was doing things like bike riding in the park (very bad) or travelling from one city to another on an indirect flight (so it took place while he was trying to change planes--also very bad). But I have to say he's working around them all the time, aside from a few precautions he's still living an unlimited life. The only thing he really can't do is drive.
jemisoutrageous
QUOTE(chachaheels @ Jan 19 2009, 12:05 PM) *
People who have epilepsy their entire lives have seizures despite medication, and their meds frequently have to be changed because eventually they all stop working. This is the nature of conventional medicine wherever chronic disease is involved, unfortunately: medications are either far too dangerous for continuous use or they simply have a limited effect and new medications have to be added to the list or substituted for medications which no longer have any effect. This isn't really limited to drugs to treat neurological ailments, either. Blaming Scientology just doesn't make sense, and blaming the Travoltas, by extension, is cruel. Even if they decided to medicate this child he'd still have had seizures, as there is no pharmaceutical which stops them from taking place.

I have a close friend who's had epilepsy for about 30 years now, it began to affect him after a massive change in his life (big divorce, coming out, having to find a new home, etc). He's been on every treatment ever devised for his condition, and he still gets seizures, he still constantly changes his meds as they put new ones on the market. Intellectually brilliant and accomplished man--he's retired now but he still travels the world, works out for hours every day, learns new languages and speaks several now, writes, is politically active, has a very active sex life, etc. etc....and occasionally he does suffer seizures which knock him out, some have happened while he was doing things like bike riding in the park (very bad) or travelling from one city to another on an indirect flight (so it took place while he was trying to change planes--also very bad). But I have to say he's working around them all the time, aside from a few precautions he's still living an unlimited life. The only thing he really can't do is drive.

jemisoutrageous
"Blaming Scientology just doesn't make sense, and blaming the Travoltas, by extension, is cruel. Even if they decided to medicate this child he'd still have had seizures, as there is no pharmaceutical which stops them from taking place."

That's me. Cruel, cruel, cruel. It's what I'm known for.

BAER.

Would he have died HAD he been on the medication? We know that L. Ron didn't help Jett. Maybe the medications would have, as they certainly CAN (and do) limit seizures. They are imperfect, but they make a lot more fucking sense then the ALIEN cure.

(And before you saddle up your high horse and start yet another one of your know-it-all flame wars, I'll have you know I'm done discussing this with you, as I have learned long ago that you are just as much of a zealot when it comes to, well, anything as the Travoltas are about Scientology. I can only assume that's why you feel such an affinity wirth them.)
culturehandy
So, Patrick Swayze looks pretty horrible. I was browsing, ugh, TMZ, but they had pictures of him, not looking so good.
stargazer
yeah, i agree CH. he did just have pneumonia.

AP commented about the tmz pic of Rhianna in the This Just In thread. i agree with her. i don't think it was cool tmz exploited her abuse for their gains. i feel really bad for the kid. i was surprised no one said anything in here about the ike and tina style beat down that took place with chris brown and rhianna. i like 'em both. if i was chris brown, i would make sure i had a bodyguard. i heard jay z, mr. jigga manhimself, is none to happy with him.
bunnyb
I saw it too, CH; cancer's a bitch. From what was written it sounds as if he's heading to his ranch with his wife and mother to see out his last days and die with his cowboy boots on. He's be missed although I'm sure he will fight until his last breath.

The photos have now been picked up by other websites and I was upset to see it on the Marie Claire one. It is exploitative although perhaps they are doing it proactively so that those that are excusing Brown's actions no longer do and that people don't forget like they do other gossip; the cynic in me though says that it's just to ensure hits on their sites.
candycane_girl
It seems that Chris Brown and Rihanna are back together. I guess we shouldn't be surprised but it's still pretty sad.
culturehandy
I heard that they beat on each other, now there's the makings of a healthy relationship.
bunnyb
Amy Winehouse has been banned from the States (again) and won't be performing, as scheduled, at Coachella rolleyes.gif.
lananans
Poor Amy Winehouse - I would really like to see her get back on her feet.
stargazer
For Fans of the Real Housewives of New York
pollystyrene
QUOTE(stargazer @ Apr 1 2009, 09:22 AM) *

There was an article on Jezebel about whether or not she'll be able to keep the "Countess" title. I guess in recent years, because of the increase in divorce in recent history, they now let divorced spouses keep a "courtesy title", where the title will go after her first name. So, she'll now be LuAnn Countess de Lessups. The whole Countess thing cracked me up, how she was so "why don't they understand I'm a Countess?" Um, because we don't give a rat's ass about that in the U.S., lady. rolleyes.gif

Last night's episode was cuh-razee. What kind of drugs is Kelly on?

I can't wait for next season of all these shows when the economy starts hitting these people. I heard Alex McCord lost her job at Victoria's Secret. Maybe they'll have to go to The Hampton's instead of St. Bart's this year. Oh, the humanity.

ETA: Judge Judy vs. RH of NY
auralpoison
It sounds like Lindsay & Sam have broken up! Linds is twittering away about it & supposedly she was turned away from the door at Charlotte Ronson's fashion show.
period_monster
For some reason, I really liked those two together. Of course, coke usually isn't super-helpful in keeping couples together.
auralpoison
I did, too. And Linds has admonished Sam "to stop doing drugs". I hope Sam tells her to stop doing cheesy Fornarina ads.

This puts me in mind of something I watched last night called "Heckler". It's a Jamie Kennedy doc about, well, obviously, hecklers, but it made a point about how we build people up just to knock them back down. With Lohan it's like, between her nutso parents, creepy older boyfriends, addiction issues, on-set freakouts, etc, the media has set on her like wild dogs. I just want to say: WE'VE ALL MADE SOME POOR CHOICES IN OUR LIFETIMES. We just had the luxury of not being hounded by paparazzi 24/7.

I haven't seen much of her childhood career, but Mean Girls was a classic & Lindsay was actually really good in it. I really hope she can get her shit together & maybe come out of this like Drew Barrymore with a production company (I know the fashion peeps were all about LiLo's leggings, the self tanner is getting pretty good reviews.) & at least a handful of good films. Or something.
auralpoison
Finally, after using/abusing women for years, Phil Spector has been found guilty of second degree murder. I wonder if they'll let him wear his wigs in prison?
auralpoison
Oh, yes, & Mel Gibson's wife is filing for divorce after almost thirty years. She gets HALF of NINE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS as Cali is a community property 50/50 state.
kittenb
Woo-To-The-MF'ing-Whoo on both of those.

Even before Gibson proved to be an anti-semetic asshole he always gave off "bad husband" vibes.
stargazer
Bravo for Gibson's wife (or soon to be ex)!

As for the Lindsay situation, did you hear that she is reportedly broke? I'm sure her overspending and shopping addiction helped to that situation. Oh, and alienating herself in Hollywood that no one wants to work with her.
anoushh
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Apr 14 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Oh, yes, & Mel Gibson's wife is filing for divorce after almost thirty years. She gets HALF of NINE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS as Cali is a community property 50/50 state.

And he says he doesn't want to pay her spousal support, even after years of holding up his marriage as the perfect "traditional" marriage where her job is to support him.

I just wonder what took her so long.
auralpoison
Well, I think six of the seven kids are out of the house now & the one still at home is old enough to understand a divorce. And I must say I find it amusing that he's such a hardline Catholic & yet he's going against the church now that it suits him.

Project Runway's Kenley Collins has pleaded guilty to a count of disorderly conduct after allegedly beating her former boyfriend with a laptop computer and throwing her cat at him as he slept. She was fined $120 & handed a two-year protection order prohibiting her from contacting her ex, Zak Penley. Her sentence was reduced because Penley never sought treatment for his injuries.

I kept telling people something wasn't right with that gal. The way she laughed or pouted about everything wasn't normal. Normal people don't throw cats.
roseviolet
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Apr 14 2009, 08:47 PM) *
Normal people don't throw cats.

AP, truer words were never spoken.

Speaking of Project Runway, did you all hear that Heidi Klum is pregnant again?
girltrouble
kenley always struck me as someone who was spoiled to the core. besides, her personal style was better than anything she designed, and to me that wasn't all that original either.

i was watching an old snl on e! last night starring lindsey, and she was funny and seemed a good sport, and i agree aural, mean girls was classic. i hope she picks some better scripts...i know who killed me? really? she needs some transition roles-- more complex stuff.

i've never liked mel gibson. he always struck me as an ass.
lananans
I knew Kenley was crazy. The cat incident just proves it.

I did like Mel Gibson at one point, but definitely not anymore! I hope his wife gets everything she deserves in that case.

I hope Lindsay Lohan gets her act together soon. I remember watching her in the Parent Trap back in the day! If her mother wasn't so crazy then maybe she would have had a chance...

pollystyrene
I wonder if Mel will get a Jewish divorce lawyer. dry.gif
auralpoison
Somebody plucked Susan Boyle's eyebrows! Good for her!
stargazer
Yay!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.