Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody grrls
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
LoveMyPugs
deleted
LustfullyPink
Exersize and meditation help me a lot with my PMS. Depending on what you're comfortable with, meditation may or may not help you, but everything is worth a shot.

I have awful terrible horrible no good very bad PMS too; irritibility, back aches, cramps, fatigue, diarreah, sometimes vomiting, the whole nine yards.

I always feel the best on my period during marching season, because during that time of the year I am most active. The light exersize takes away most of the achy hurty-ness of my period.

The for the grumpiness and fatigue, meditation is the way I help myself. Every morning of my period plus the three days before and after, and also every night of those days I sit down facing my windows, and just clear my mind for 10-15 minutes. That calms me, and gets rid of most of the crankiness. It's really amazing what a few small things can do for your period, really. The meditation may help you get motivated for the exersize portion, too.

I'd love to hear if it works for you.
Gillian
Hi,

Just thought you might want to check out this http://www.susunweed.com/weedforum/ forum. There's so much info on natural PMS relief in there. Just click on the "moontime".
phobia
Pugs -- After my thyroid got under control, my PMS spiraled out of control. It had gotten to the point where I was spending 2 days every month crying uncontrollably, depressed beyond words, and like 2 weeks being a total bitch. I went to the doctor, and she did recommend hormonal birth control to even everything out. I went on the Nuva ring this month, and it literally just all went away. I haven't had ANY of the symptoms I'd been having. I know you don't have health insurance, but you do have options. If you're in school, you should be able to access your university's health center, where they probably have like low- or no-cost options for students. You can also go to Planned Parenthood -- they charge on a sliding scale based on your income (take a pay stub if you're currently employed), and I think can also help you out with perscriptions (they're usually really good about giving you lots of free "samples"). Hormonal birth control isn't neccesarily a panacea for everyone, but it's fixed my horrible PMS. Good luck!
candycane_girl
Ugh, I am going crazy!!! I am now on day 9 of my period! And instead of easing up today it was super crazy heavy! Basically I would put in a super plus (ie. highest absorbancy) tampon only to be full on leaking a mere two hours later!

My only reasoning is that it could possibly be because I skipped my last period on purpose by starting a new pack right away. I'm on Alesse, although I don't know how much of a difference it really makes.

I just know that it's driving me a bit crazy to be at the end of my 9th day and feel like there is no end in sight.
themeiu
I used to have really bad PMS, really bad cramps for 2-3 days, 7 days of heavy bleeding, and a week of either crying and depression or so much anger and irritation. I've been on some form of birth control since I was 16 (i'm 23).
I recently read an article about menstration and the pill. It basically said that the blank pills we take every month aren't necessary and were only invented to appease more religious and traditional groups. The period that happens during the pill is not really a true period. By taking BC at all you are already messing with your cycle and your period.
It went on to state that it is probably more unhealthy to have a continuous hormone and then suddenly stop taking it for a week. The sudden lack of hormones can cause the severe PMS that many women suffer. Furthermore, naturally women would only have something like ~100 periods in her entire life because she might either be pregnant or breastfeeding much of the time instead. The only medical advantage of having the false period is to let
the woman know she isn't preggers (although that is useful smile.gif).

I talked to my gyn about this the last time I went to refill pills. She had also heard about this and agreed that it would be fine to continually take BC, as long as all the pills in the pack are the same dose of hormone (they are usually all the same color except for the blank ones).
According to research almost all of the women are able to regain their periods within 3 months and it seems to have no effect on fertility.

I have been taking pills continuously for about 3 months, and I have to say... it is nice not to have the PMS. I did spot a little, but it wasn't very much/long.

Any thoughts guys?
candycane_girl
I've heard about the fake period too, so yeah, technically I guess it's true. I just feel like I'm going a bit crazy I mean, I can't even get through the night without getting blood everywhere and that's with a tampon AND panty liner! I haven't been this heavy in a loooong time and before it would just be like, half a day but this is going on a full 24 hours of crazy heavy bleeding.

LoveMyPugs
deleted
glassk
I live apparently 10 blocks from where lunapads is located. I keep meaning to walk down and check them out ........ I wonder if they actually have a storefront or if its in a house, but they have the address on the website.........

I am hesitant to online order.
LoveMyPugs
deleted
candycane_girl
pugs, I would try lunapads but I just hate pads. I've been looking into maybe getting a Diva Cup though. I just wish I knew how much tampons absorb. The Diva Cup website said that they hold one ounce. But if I can completely soak through 3 super plus tampons in a matter of 6 hours then how much am I actually bleeding?
LoveMyPugs
deleted
candycane_girl
Thanks pugs. I had actually read your accounts with the Diva Cup in the Diva Cup vs. The Keeper thread. I hope it will work for me.

I haven't been to a doctor about this because I don't have a doctor here. I had the really heavy bleeding back in April and ended up switching pills but later I talked to a friend who is a pharmacist and she said that I've switched too much and too often and that I should just stick to one type of pill. So I'm sticking with the Alesse and I'll see how it goes from here.
treehugger
I'm sorry rudderless. My only aging symptom has been irregularity and heaviness...not stopping in the middle. sad.gif

But..hehe...I had to post this, my cousin sent it to me.

This was posted on a blog by Wendi Aarons, Austin, TX, regarding Proctor & Gambles feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first > paragraph...

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always Maxi Pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the Leak GuardCore™ or

Dri-Weave™ absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't.

Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills."

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women.

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period."

Are you f__king kidding me? Does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable?

Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Kmart armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, if you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong", or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull s__t. And that's a promise I will keep.

Always.

Best,

Wendi Aarons

Austin, TX

tankgirl
i feel your pain rudderless, im going through the same thing these past couple of months, its driving me insane, and i usually have a VERY regular period and im not on birth control, or have i ever been. but the last couple months have been just like that, lasting extra long and just when i think its gone, its back to ruin some clothes.

the only thing i can think of for me is i was under a little bit of stress the past few months, i had a vaginal cyst that lasted way too long and stressed me out because i went to the emergency room, then had to go to the doctor twice afterwards, then i stressed out i was pregnant because i was bleeding a tiny bit from the hole they opened up. long story really...

but i read somewhere that during certain months the cycle lengthens, but that doesnt explain bleeding for long periods of time. also certain foods can change your flow and cycle days, so if you changed your diet in any way, that might be why.
phobia
Treehugger, that was awesome, but I gotta say:
"unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl..."

As a sick S&M freak girl myself, there is absolutely nothing fun, erotic, or remotely pleasurable about periods, period cramps, sore boobs, or mittleschmirtz . It's all about context, I guess...
treehugger
Wow, weird. I totally missed that line.

Yes..phobia. I guess it could be taken offensively. I don't think I would have posted this had I seen that line. sad.gif

It was never my intention to post something like that.

I just thought it was sort of a cute rant against condescending corporations.

Sorry 'bout that. If you want me to, I can delete it.
phobia
Aw, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to be rude, I just wanted to clarify. I didn't find it offensive, just a little misguided. No worries smile.gif
treehugger
mmmkay. No worries. I just felt bad for not noticing that. I do appreciate your calling my attention to it and I'll make sure I read more carefully before I blindly pass things on, in the future.

Thanx for opening my eyes and letting me know.

(((phobia)))
candycane_girl
Ugggh, it's that time again!

Cramps haven't been too bad so far. I think that I am finally going to drag myself out tomorrow and look into buying a Diva Cup! I'm kind of excited about it, and I'm especially excited that there are two stores near me that sell them!

Anyway, I'm feeling bored, down and just blah in general. I don't know if it's all the period or also some of my actual depression but I don't like how I feel right now.

phobia, as you know, I too am a "sick s&m freak girl" and I can see how it was misguided. After all, I enjoy the pain of a flogging, not the pain of cramps!
kaylafresh
Oooo, what's a Diva Cup? Do tell. I like to be up on the latest period technology. My last discovery was preztels dipped in chocolate. tongue.gif
candycane_girl
A diva cup is just like this little silicone cup that you insert instead of tampons. It collects the blood and then you just rinse it out a couple of times a day.

this is the website
hellotampon
I know my period is on its way because I'm covered in bruises (mostly of unknown origin) and I clocked myself in the head with the blowdryer this morning.

Does anyone else get incredibly clumsy before they bleed? I usually have to hurt myself several times before it dawns on me.
candycane_girl
I don't get clumsy, I just get a voracious appetite and want to sleep all the time.
nickclick
i totally get clumsy! i just always thought it was because i get more easily annoyed and frustrated when i'm in a hurry or when things don't work right.
coela

My period is very irregular. Recently it skipped a month. It's usually 2 days later than it was the month before,
so if I get it the 1 one month, the next month I will get it the 3d (If I'm "lucky"), the next I'll get it the 5th or 6th and so on.
Well, that specific pattern isn't really irregular I guess, I just have to think about it a lot more than if it was a month between,
because it's more like 33 days. I never really know when it's coming, although I've become better at guessing.
But the skipping part, that really annoys me. Annoys me even more when I actually have sex - I get so worried
that I'm pregnant. And even more worried that I won't be able to get pregnant if I eventually want to.

LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(coela @ Nov 12 2007, 12:57 PM) *

My period is very irregular. Recently it skipped a month. It's usually 2 days later than it was the month before,
so if I get it the 1 one month, the next month I will get it the 3d (If I'm "lucky"), the next I'll get it the 5th or 6th and so on.
Well, that specific pattern isn't really irregular I guess, I just have to think about it a lot more than if it was a month between,
because it's more like 33 days. I never really know when it's coming, although I've become better at guessing.
But the skipping part, that really annoys me. Annoys me even more when I actually have sex - I get so worried
that I'm pregnant. And even more worried that I won't be able to get pregnant if I eventually want to.

coela - i recommend that you track your cycle online. www.mymonthlycycles.com is a great one and the site i use. the more information you give it the more accurate it is when it predicts your next period. you can also set it up to email you a few days before your period comes. my sister has very irregular periods and using this has made her life easier.

my period was three days late this month. the first two days were very, very light. then it came with the fury. very heavy, large clots. however, my cramps weren't bad at all the entire time (thank god). all together it was seven days from start to finish. WTF? not like my body to be irregular. well, whatever. we'll see what happens next month.
konphusion26
HELP!!

Okay, so I just lost my job, no insurance, stopped my birth control. And now, on top of getting a ferocious case of BV... my period has decided to come twice in November. I am really at wits end yall! Any ideas as to what will make it stop? I can't afford the doctor right now. Between the BV, yeast infections and the bleeding, I haven't been touched in over a month. I'm losing my mind here!! My poor husband is so patient. Please help. Any suggestions? We are suffering over here lol. HELPPPPP!
p_176
coela - you'll be able to get pregnant, as long as you continue to get your period, irregular though it might be.
kon - have you checked the BV thread? have over the counter remedies for the yeast infections helped? as for the period....once you stop the birth control, it throws everything off - like, you get your period RIGHT after stopping the Pill, then you might get a "regular" one. i'm sure it will calm down as your body adjusts to not having the Pill in its system.
lola rojo
lola rojo
im 38, some ovarian cysts were found last year after ot getting a period in about eight months. my gynochiatrist put me on provera and my period straightened out and the cysts were found to be sigificantly smaller after a few months.

anyway, so i got my period like normal in sept, then after about five weeks, 2nd week of oct, my period seemed to start and never fucking end. So i've been bleeding for over a month almost every damn day. i went to the gynochiatrist last week and she once again put me on provera and sent me for a vaginal ultrasound.

when i went in for the ultrasound, the tech said somehting like, "how long have you had fibroids?"
now.....she could have just been insensitive or she could just be putting two and two together, maybe? the prescription for the ultrasound said, Menorraghia.

anyone else experienced this? the gyno did also mention last year that im probs peri-menopausal.
mornington
*ranty mcrantersons*

aaaaargh. ever since i switched to this pill (which has a lower dose of hormone) if i so much as miss one pill by six hours I am subjected to my period starting two days later. and continuing until the end of what should be my break-bleed. it's fucking annoying - so much that i think i might ask to go back on the higher dose even though they make my breasts ache so much it's painful. because frankly, i'd rather have the pain than two/three weeks of not enough bleeding to qualify as a period but enough to not be able to wear nice pants.

/end rant
kaylafresh
Hey Lola, I think I have the same thing as you. They call mine poly cystic ovarion disease. I found out I had it because I would get my periods so bad I thought I was haing a miscarriage. I was put on Ortho Tricyclen and can never get off. I had a friend who got her fibroids taken out. Try and get as much info as you can. Speaking of insenstive, my doc said to me, "Do you want to have kids?" I said, "No." She said, "Good." Wow. I like someone being direct with me but DAMN.
p_176
kayla -
ugh, what a response from the dr. yeah, with some of the treatments for fibroids, you can't have kids afterwards, but the dr should explain that more clearly instead of just saying, good!
lola rojo
Thanks Kayla,

So after 7 days on the provera my period started back with a vengeance. I had 3 more provera pills but just decided to stop taking it. I'm also rethinking the femcon she prescribed for me. I don't have THAT much sex where I want to take hormones every day....or do I? I'll check out some other threads, but what are everyone's feelings on taking the pill every day? It freaks me out a little. However, I am getting older...38, maybe some hormones could help with this shit? Sometimes I hate owning a fucking vagina.
konphusion26
QUOTE(p_176 @ Nov 20 2007, 09:07 AM) *
coela - you'll be able to get pregnant, as long as you continue to get your period, irregular though it might be.
kon - have you checked the BV thread? have over the counter remedies for the yeast infections helped? as for the period....once you stop the birth control, it throws everything off - like, you get your period RIGHT after stopping the Pill, then you might get a "regular" one. i'm sure it will calm down as your body adjusts to not having the Pill in its system.

Yeah babe, i practically LIVE on the BV thread. Cant seem to get rid of this crap. SO the bleeding finally stopped. But now the infection's back. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind LOL Real talk. Anyway, thanks for the help!
LoveMyPugs
uuuuuuuuhhhhhhggggggguuuuuuhhhhhhh

dry.gif

mad.gif

I hate everyone and everything. (I don't really mean that smile.gif )
deschatsrouge
It seems there are a lot of Busties with polycystic ovarian syndrome/disease should we start a new thread?
konphusion26
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Nov 29 2007, 12:56 AM) *
Yeah babe, i practically LIVE on the BV thread. Cant seem to get rid of this crap. SO the bleeding finally stopped. But now the infection's back. I feel like I'm going to lose my mind LOL Real talk. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Okay so I spoke too damn soon. I am bleeding again, but cannot go to the doctor. Its going on 4 weeks now, off and on. Something is definitely not right. And its very annoying. No sex, no PEACE at all. WTF???? Im a basket case here!
candycane_girl
Gah, I am tired, I have cramps and I want a pizza full of meat and cheese!!

that is all.
edie52
The past few months I've noticed that my period is distinctly shorter than when I was a teenager (I'm 23). I was always a 6-7 dayer, now it's 4-5!

Yes!!! *does fist-pumping action*
candycane_girl
I'm 23 too and mine still seems to fluctuate. I'm going to knock on wood and say that it's not as heavy as it once was but the number of days that it lasts still fluctuates. I used to usually go for 8 days now sometimes I'm really lucky and it only goes for 4 or 5 but other times it goes for 7.

This might sound weird but I feel like since I started using a Diva Cup it seems lighter. Anyway, the one thing that I like is that since I'm on birth control it's pretty regular and there are almost no surprises.
coela

My period is about ten days late again (and counting)
That doesn't prevent me from having craaazy PMS though.
And thinking about sex like 10 times per day..

Same thing happened the last time I didn't get my period
for two months. I get all the other stuff - PMS, pimples,
horniness, heavy breasts - but no blood.

p_176
coela - welcome to my world. this happened to me all the time (i used to get my period every 3 months). if you find out what could be causing it, let us know! i had asked my dr about my hormone levels and everything was fine....
coela

Never thought I'd say this, but wooohoo, I got my period!
Only about 3 weeks late. Seems like it has settled for 6 times per year. :-P
I'm trying to lose some weight and exercise more, and see if that helps.

auralpoison
QUOTE(edie52 @ Dec 9 2007, 04:21 PM) *
The past few months I've noticed that my period is distinctly shorter than when I was a teenager (I'm 23). I was always a 6-7 dayer, now it's 4-5!

Yes!!! *does fist-pumping action*

Edie, I used to have HORRIBLE periods. I'd start cramping the week before & the hormones that flushed my body made me so sick. BUT! As I have grown older, it ain't no thing but a chicken wing! It started to change at twenty-six, now at thirty-three I'm fine. I used to dread the week & a half of agony, now it's like, "Oh, hey, I have my period."
candycane_girl
Does anyone else get completely whacked out by their period? I just started today and I feel like I have been hit by a bus. I went out and bought some of the "lady formula" (aka extra iron) vitamins but I don't really know what else to do.
fuzzz_brain
Changing your birth control might help. However, it's not a walk in the park finding the right one. CCG, which one are you on?

My mother's an OBGYN and would often try different ones on me as sort of an experiment. My main complaint was that they made me eat like a crazy pregnant woman.(I know my mother sounds weird...and she is.)

When I was on the patch I would only eat mandarin oranges from the can. And french bread.

Anyway, I'll hit my mom up for some advice when she gets back from Hawaii.
candycane_girl
I'm actually going to have to change it. The last time I went to get my birth control the pharmacist said that the manufacturer had discontinued it so I'll have to ask my doctor to change it.
candycane_girl
Does anyone know how much a normal amount is to bleed during a period? According to my Diva cup I managed to bleed 7.5 ml in only two and a half hours! I feel shaky and sweaty. This does not feel right.

cross posted to the general health question thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.