Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody grrls
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
LoveMyPugs
Candycane - I read that it should only be a few tablespoons throughout your whole period. I know for me it used to feel like cups and cups of blood. You might want to get yourself to the doctor. Especially, if you feel depleted. I'm worried for you. Take care of yourself.

Pugs
konphusion26
My periods have stopped/become irregular once again. When I do have them they're Extremely light and weird in color OR very heavy and dark and last for over a week... Its got to be my hormones again (been dealing with fluctuations for years). But I'm not getting back on the pill. I know my weight has alot to do with it. The last time I went to the doctor, they had me go for a vaginal ultrasound, to make sure I didnt have any tumors or anything. I've sorta got a family history of fibroids. The tests came back negative, I was all clear. Then as soon as I stopped taking the pill again, here we go with the irregular cycles. I tell ya if I could go back and be born as a man I would LOL So many issues "down there" its just a nightmare.
LoveMyPugs
My period was supposed to start yesterday. It kinda did but it was very, very, very light. Just barely there. I'm still in the PMS/period is coming phase. Usually, as soon as I start really bleeding the PMS is gone. I'm a nasty bitch right now. I hate feeling this way. I just want to be left alone but not left alone. Pretty much I don't know what I want and it's very obvious from things I say and do. Oh, this just isn't helping complaining like this.

I'm out.
sunnyalaina
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jan 7 2008, 11:31 AM) *
Does anyone know how much a normal amount is to bleed during a period? According to my Diva cup I managed to bleed 7.5 ml in only two and a half hours! I feel shaky and sweaty. This does not feel right.

cross posted to the general health question thread.

I am new to this site and am marveling at all the wonderful personalities. Great writing ladies. Anyway, candycane girl, I battled heavy periods from the first day until the moment I had that uterus yanked. The pain, the bloating, the bitchiness, the anger, the insanity, the pads, the tampons, the pill, the IUD, the pelvic inflammatory disease from having an IUD, the ovarian cysts, the backaches, the breakthrough bleeding and the diaphram are all just a bad memory now. Anyway, just wanted to you and anyone else suffering from cysts, heaving bleeding, breakthrough bleeding (not Pill related) and severe pain to check out all you can on endometriosis and the hidden disease - Adenomyosis. Both can cause pain, excessive bleeding and cysts. If you are perimenopausal, especially check out adenomyosis. I was misdiagnosed for several years. The only true way to know for sure if you have adenomyosis is from a pathology report after a hysterectomy. Sometimes they can find it in an MRI but not always. My doctor was shocked silly when the pathology report came in. He admitted it. What did he think I was complaining and crying about all those months and years? Oh yes, we hysterical women are just looking for pain killers and xanax. We just want to float our lives away in a pharmaceutical bliss. Sounds great but that wasn't the problem.

So now, every chance I get and every forum I run into, I shout adenomyosis and endometriosis from the rooftops. Please learn the symptoms and what kind of medical history is a sign that you should be checked out. Like in adenomyosis - more and more studies are showing that women who have had some kind of pelvic intrusion like a D&C or a caesarian are more likely to get it. Ignoring pelvic pain can turn into another syndrome called Pelvic Floor Myalgia and believe me, that is a whole new nightmare.

As always, my heart goes out to any woman in pain.

Alaina
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(sunnyalaina @ Jan 12 2008, 02:18 AM) *
What did he think I was complaining and crying about all those months and years?

As always, my heart goes out to any woman in pain.

Alaina

Alaina - Welcome to bust. Seriously, men just don't get it. This bothers me on a huge level. I think, they think we have this magic pill that we are just too bitchy to take. They don't understand the hormone issue, cramps, mood swings and the grossness of it all in general. Even having switched to lunapads and being more "comfortable", if that's what you want to call it, I still get cramps something terrible. I had them yesterday. I had to lie down for a bit. I felt woozy and I actually went pale. I don't bleed heavy but I do get killer cramps at times. I mean they just don't have things out there for women. They really don't. We've been on this planet just as long as they have and you'd think they would have come up with something to help us through this time of the month. Better feminine products, some form of medication to elevate the symptoms. SOMETHING!!! I mean I know I personally am a different person when I'm on my period. I'm mean and I really do freak out. I know Mr. Pug wants to move out two weeks of the month. The week before I'm a complete and utter bitch. I feel it. The week of my period I'm miserable because, well, it's just gross. I mean I love being a woman but still. Whenever I go to my OBGYN usually one of the things he asks me is, "How is your period? Any excessive bleeding?" I always respond with no but my cramps are out of control. He always tells me to just take Advil around the clock. Sorry but Advil doesn't work sometimes and when it doesn't I'm out of commission while it's happening. I literally am forced to lie down. I've had to leave parties because I'm in so much pain. It's just terrible. Men don't get it. Oh, to give them a day of cramps would be leveling IMO.

Sorry for the rant,

Pugs
pollystyrene
((pugs)) I've probably talked about this in here before, but I used to have horrible, horrible cramps in high school, similar to what yours sound like- I'd feel faint, nauseous, diarrhea, cold sweats, sensitive to temperature and lights....my mom referred to them as "uterine migraines" (that might even be a real term) because you really do get a lot of the same symptoms as migraines.

Anyway, the only thing that would make an episode stop was a heating pad and a nap. Somehow even a short, 30 minute nap was enough- I'd wake up and it was as if it never happened.

The advil thing is bullshit. I had a couple of doctors tell me to take it and it really did nothing. Once, I took about seven of them at a time. The next time I went to the doctor and told them that's what it had come to, they were just aghast, admonished me for taking that many, but didn't give me any other solutions until finally saying a couple years later "I guess we could put you on the pill." I was still a virgin with no intention of that changing anytime soon, so going on the pill wasn't really a necessity before that. I don't know why it took them so long to suggest it. Maybe they were afraid to suggest it because I was only 16 or 17....suddenly, I was 18 and they were like, "lets try the pill"...what took you so long? It's not like my mom was freaked out by it or something.

Anyway, that finally worked and I haven't had anything really bad since then, nothing a heating pad can't at least take the edge off of. You have tried using a heating pad, though right?

The funny thing about the mass-quantities of advil is that now I work in a dentist office and we regularly tell people to take three pills, 3x a day if we suspect they're on the verge of needing a root canal. A lot of times it can reverse the problem. But that's 9 pills a day, and it's perfectly safe as long as it's only for a few days. Stupid doctor.
starship
candycane I felt exactly the same for years so my doctor put me on a mini pill (called marvelon i think) and gave me a course of iron supplements. Theyre a lot lighter and last for fewer days now so I feel less drained and lethargic all the time. I also used to be sick a lot and sometimes have cramps so bad that i literally couldnt move from bed but (fingers crossed) that seems to have stopped too. As for men- in my experience they feel the whole world should stop when they get so much as a cold so I'd love to see how they cope with the prospect of guaranteed pain and discomfort EVERY month
nickclick
QUOTE(starship @ Jan 13 2008, 10:39 AM) *
As for men- in my experience they feel the whole world should stop when they get so much as a cold so I'd love to see how they cope with the prospect of guaranteed pain and discomfort EVERY month

thank you for my first laugh of the day! so true. talk about whiny bitches....
candycane_girl
I've been on various pills since I was 15 because I too had the almost fainting crying because it hurts so much cramps.

starship, it's funny that you mention marvelon because I was actually on that but it gave me more cramps! I remember it was a week before my period was due, I wasn't bleeding but I actually had to lie down with a heating pad because it hurt so much. I take the "women's formula" daily vitamins that have extra iron but I don't know if I need something more.

Thankfully my period seems to be over. I actually started taking notes of how much blood I was shedding, how much cramping I experienced and I'm going to take it to my doctor tomorrow. I really hope she can help me.
starship
i guess everyone's different but i hope you find one that works for you soon
the stuff i had was liquid and it was just iron. I was quite heavy and it'd last like 8 days which ended up making me a little anaemic i think but after taking 1spoonful of the stuff every morning & evening i felt fine again in no time. didnt taste too bad either:). I don't know the exact name of it but it's easy to get from chemists. Or ask your doctor about it when you see her
konphusion26
Someone suggested that for my hormonal issues that I try Estroven. I looked into it, and its supposed to be a natural supplement to regulate hormone levels in women experiencing menopause. So that led to me looking into perimenopause (pre-menopause) which I found encompasses all the symptoms I have, including the messed up menstrual cycle. Maybe I should really do some more digging since the docs have no idea what is wrong with me. This sucks!
sexysandee
Today is Friday and I feel like I need to say everything today because I cannot log on at times from home. Luckly I have a sub today because I am working on progress reports...so while they are printing I continue on my post frenzy...everyone is so helpful....so here I go....

My cycle is so off. My last period was December 5th and it is now January 25. I feel bloated and gross; I begin to get all crappy and then nothing. I have never been on birth control; I am too afraid that the day I really want to have a child I won't be able to. When I am about to start my period, I get so sad and I cry about nothing the night before; that has happened two nights and nothing.

Has anyone gone through this nonsense?
sexysandee
February 13.... still no period
coela

Wow, I got my period again, when did I get it last? 30th December? And it was 3 weeks late then?
It's 3 weeks late again, does this mean I get my period every 7th week? That is trés odd, because
I get the mood swings and other PMS crap once a month. I really couldn't be bothered with all this
bodily crap. It was bad enough when I got it every 4 weeks, and now I have to worry about it as well.

sexysandee
UGH!!! I feel so gross. I have a cold and I begin to crap and think I am starting, but again... I don't. I am going to go to the doctor, I haven't had it since Dec. 5th.
kari
((sexysandee)) have you made a dr appt yet?

I have a quick question. Does anyone get spotting mid cycle? It's my 9th day & am having spotting. Not a lot, but this is extremely rare for me. I had sex the third day of my period w/ no condom, but very carefully. Had it again the 4th day w/ a condom. I am confused. And concerned.
sexysandee
I finally started yesterday. I feel all crampy and gross, but my body actually feels better. I am not all bloated anymore. I have a Doctor's Appt in a couple of weeks. I am just really relieved to have a period, I never thought I would say that.

I have never spotted inbetween periods, but lots of my friends have and they all say it's normal according to their doctors, I'll let you know what else I hear.

"big hug*
knorl05
hey bloody grrls. first time posting in this thread wink.gif

hey sexysandee, i just experienced the same thing the past couple months... spotting. i've had it once or twice before so i wasnt so concerned.

but this time it was weird because it came in two week intervals. and i didnt have a regular period at all. and i had unprotected sex with my man -only once- but it still freaked me out because i read spotting could mean pregnancy. so i took an otc test, negative. still worried. then i just started two days ago and my period is normal again. phew. even though my mood is not the greatest, as to be expected, i welcome the cramps with open arms.

i just went to docs in the past few months and everything was fine down there. i've never had an ultrasound done though, and i was wondering what any of you know about ovarian cysts? i've also read that spotting could be a sign of that?
konphusion26
Hey Knorl!!!!I've had the same issue lately with the spotting - except mine lasts almost 2 wks. I'm like geez either come on period or go the hell away. The doctors dont know what's causing it. I've had the transvaginal ultrasound and they found nothing, gone through various tests and such. I've been told by some other busties that just because they can't see them, doesn't mean there are no cysts. I really dont have a friggin clue what is going on with my body, and neither does my doc. But I do know that i've had a hormonal imbalance for the last few years. Good luck in finding out what the deal is ladies!

knorl05
hey kon! thanks for the reply. good to know that it may just be a harmless anomaly. once i get my insurance back i'm going to get an ultrasound done just to be on the safe side... i pretty sure cysts arent dangerous, but they can be removed with surgery correct? i'd rather know than not. glad to hear all is well with you, although you've got some mysterious things going on in your body.. at least the tests show nothing serious so that should at least be peace of mind eh? xo
konphusion26
Awwww... yeah it is comforting that there's nothing serious going on. Just annoying that i cant predict my cycle or even if i'll have a normal one. I don't think small cysts are dangerous and they usually go away on their own. Its the large ones ya have to worry about. If you're not in any real serious pain I wouldnt worry about it. Surgery is probably an option for cysts but I wouldnt go that route unless it's life threatening. I certainly dont want anyone cutting on me if they dont have to. Your doc should be able to tell you more about treatment options if you do have cysts. I pray that you don't though. Smooches!!
kari
Are cysts the same as polyps? A friend of mine just had polyps, and there were serveral symptoms she was having.

It's good to hear that others have the spotting & it does not mean anything. I took a pregnancy test too, negative, thank goodness. I'm chalking it up to stress. Will mention it at my next annual exam, which is sometime this spring.

Konphusion...that is so annoying about 2 weeks of spotting. Gah!

From what I have read, spotting can mean nothing at all sometimes.
konphusion26
I don't know anything about polyps Kari, i've never heard of that till you mentioned it. I'd google it or ask my doc if i were you dear.

Wow, still bleeding for the second week in a row. I'd call it "heavy spotting" I guess? dry.gif Just enough to make me have to wear a pad or liner every stinkin day. Its annoying. I can't get any action because of it. But then again thats probably a good thing. Dont want any babies. it would however be nice to get some every now and then LOL

I really wish I had a clue as to what is wrong with me. No sense in going to the doc cuz they dont know either. Gaah so frustrating.
melicious
I'm so relieved to know that irregular is sorta normal. I'm 36 and for about 3 years nothing is normal about my period...or at least nothing is the same "not normal" that it was before. I'm doctor-phobic. I haven't been to a yearly exam in 5+ years. I'm afraid of doctors in a big way. I sadly sometimes fantasize that I find out I have a relative that turns out to be an ob/gyn that will figure out that everything is just fine with my health. I also would love for them to tell me that I will have 2 healthy kids once my boyfriend and I get married.

The good news is, I'm in a supportive relationship. I'm healthy, I think...and I'm not without resources. I do admit, I'm petrified of doctors and medical situations of every kind...I think I could deal with this, if I can find a comfort level with "I'm not the only one"....Am I the only one?? I just wish I could have a twin sister to go to the doctor with me.

I think some of this comes from a 1950s mom who was super busy being a 1980s career woman...Just a lot of "help a little girl out on the whole period thing" got lost in the combo. I would imagine if I told my mom this, she would be horrified. Better to tell you ladies. I need some courage in the old "medical" realm.

Its hard to admit it, cuz I identify myself as a badass. Being scared and confused is not in my day-to-day.
knorl05
melicious: you're not the only one. my mom and i never talked about my period due to our traditional, religious background. she told me she just assumed i would go to my sisters about whatever concerns i had. not that she was unavailable necessarily as i think it's just how she was raised (oldest of six siblings). but either way, the mere thought of the gyno when i was younger sent me into a panic. i so did not know what to expect. once i finally went i realized it wasnt that bad. in fact now that i've gone i go as soon as i'm supposed to/allowed to, it's such a relief to be over that phobia and know that i freaked myself out over nothing. i say just do it, and dont think too much about it before you go. simply set an appointment and stick with it despite the fact you dont want to, because you know you should. xo. good luck lovey.
Karina
When I got on the pill my cramping went away. Loestrin 24 has been good to me. It has even given me light short periods. I was concerned about gaining weight, but I've actually loss a few pounds.

The doctor had explained to me that for the most part cramping is not an issue when your on the pill, but every womans body is diferent.
LoveMyPugs
i just know this is going to be too much information but this is awful and i want to know if it drives anyone else crazy.

when you are wearing a pad and you are sitting or laying down for a period of time and then you get up and it's like blink.gif ((((gush)))) ohmy.gif and you just know you've ruined another pair of panties. mad.gif this happened twice to me today IN SCHOOL. unsure.gif it's so fucking gross. sad.gif i rushed to the bathroom and cleaned up as best i could but seriously these times call for a shower and nothing else. i had to sit in the car the entire 40 minute ride home knowing i was a mess down there and first thing i did when i got home was get in the shower. add to that my monthly diarrhea that accompanies my period and you have a disgusting, gross, make me gag, mess that makes me wish i wasn't a woman.

sorry...seriously i'll delete this if it offends anyone. just say the word...
konphusion26
QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Mar 13 2008, 11:57 PM) *
i just know this is going to be too much information but this is awful and i want to know if it drives anyone else crazy.

when you are wearing a pad and you are sitting or laying down for a period of time and then you get up and it's like blink.gif ((((gush)))) ohmy.gif and you just know you've ruined another pair of panties. mad.gif this happened twice to me today IN SCHOOL. unsure.gif it's so fucking gross. sad.gif i rushed to the bathroom and cleaned up as best i could but seriously these times call for a shower and nothing else. i had to sit in the car the entire 40 minute ride home knowing i was a mess down there and first thing i did when i got home was get in the shower. add to that my monthly diarrhea that accompanies my period and you have a disgusting, gross, make me gag, mess that makes me wish i wasn't a woman.

LMP!! OMG that happens to me to when my periods are regular and heavy. You are not alone on any of that dear. Its one of the many pains in the ass (literally) that we have to deal with every month. My heart goes out to ya! On top of the gushing and bm's - my labia (sorry TMI) get really sore and throb! I still havent figured that out.

Woohooo, the joys of womanhood!! LOL
starship
QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Mar 14 2008, 03:57 AM) *

haha.you gotta love the brutal honesty..none of that 'got the painters in' crap

Mine used to be awful too until I started the pill. *shudders* -bad memories...

edie52
Yup, that's what I have to look forward to next week: all of the things you all mentioned: diarrhea (not the mention the pms-constipation), throbbing labia (!?), cramps, gushing blood.

Pugs, your post does not offend (not me, anyway), besides, where can we be candid if not here?
dusty
I like to call it carnage.
candycane_girl
Pugs, that has happened to me so many times!

I also hate getting the runs just because I'm on my period, I don't even understand how that is related! It's like, oh great, not only do I have menstrual cramps but now my stomach is cramping and I feel like I am going to crap out a baby.
LoveMyPugs
I mean it's not full on runs but it's just not my usual "consistancy" ewwww. i just feel like i need to shower everytime i go to the bathroom and that really sucks when you are pulling an 8 a.m - 8:30 p.m. day at school. Thank God my parents live down the street. The other day I really had to run to their house and freshen up a bit. Those times you just want to be home in your own bathroom, with your own washcloths and towels and extra panties and stuff. I never seem to pack enough pads for myself. When I think it's slowing down and I only need one extra, that's when I really wish I had two. I'm going to have to order a few more lunapads. At least two more maxi and maybe two more pantyliners. I still really like them. They are so soft. I never want to go back to disposables again. I wish I could sew. I'd make my own.
konphusion26
QUOTE(edie52 @ Mar 14 2008, 02:18 PM) *
Yup, that's what I have to look forward to next week: all of the things you all mentioned: diarrhea (not the mention the pms-constipation), throbbing labia (!?), cramps, gushing blood.

Pugs, your post does not offend (not me, anyway), besides, where can we be candid if not here?

Yes indeedy, I get a throbbing pain in my labia for like a day or so every time I get a regular period. I dont know why to this day! I have no clue. But that hasnt happened in a long time, as I havent had a regular period in God knows how long. Me thinks sumthing is wrong with me!
nickclick
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Mar 16 2008, 12:08 PM) *
Pugs, that has happened to me so many times!

I also hate getting the runs just because I'm on my period, I don't even understand how that is related! It's like, oh great, not only do I have menstrual cramps but now my stomach is cramping and I feel like I am going to crap out a baby.

ugh, i get the pms-constipation too. i think it's because we're busy retaining water. it's a lovely addition to the usual bloating. i'm like a walking thanksgiving day parade float for a week.
sybarite
Dusty, I like to say 'there's a car crash in my knickers.'

Which there isn't today, but I'ver got everything else: been pissy to the point of yelling at work (nice) and now cramptastic. I'm on the minipill so luckily my periods aren't too bad, but this month is a classic.
knorl05
yeah luckily i gave up on pads years ago, now i just plug her up and change when necessary. i think the worst part of my time are the cramps and the bloating.. oh and the tiredness. the pain usually subsides within two days and disappears with advil, the bloating i just ride out. my personality changes as well, i become way emotional and bitchy, but i guess that's to be expected.. and i'm a moody chic on the regular so it's not so unusual for me.

love and hugs to my fellow bloody busties. thanks ghad it typically doesnt last longer than five days.
coela

QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Mar 14 2008, 04:57 AM) *

Amen. Nothing like gushing blood AND diarrhea at the same time. And cramps. And spots. And dizziness.
And bloating.

Sometimes I really wonder why I miss my period so much. 36 days and counting. *tap tap tap*

HxcSeckss
I have a problem, I am a lesbian and haven't been with a guy in like 2 years. I haven't had a period in the past 4 months, I've been cramping like I'm going to start, but I don't even spot. Could anyone tell me why?
konphusion26
Greetings bustie beauties. I've now been bleeding for a month!! non-stop heavy "spotting" is the best way to describe it. The doctor examined me Thursday and pretty much off the record told me I have PCOS with inuslin resistance- and that is probably what is causing the bleeding and acne. I feel like i'm goin thru puberty all over again with all these spots on my face. YUCK. Since I'm being treated for some another issue, she didnt want to start me on any meds for the bleeding yet. My options are Provera or Glucophage. Provera, she said could possibly "reboot" my hormones and my cycle and get me back on track, however, its not guaranteed. The Glucophage (which is used for diabetics also) would treat the insulin resistance, help me lose weight, correct my hormones, and sounds like this would be the best option -- HOWEVER it is not known how long i would have to take this mess.

Great! I dont know what to do. Has anyone had success with either of these treatments for PCOS??
deschatsrouge
I also have PCOS and it sucks the big one. I take metformin, the generic of Glucophage. I have to say, it's a cheap way to treat it. I certainly has helped me. It does "kick start" your hormones. For me it was to an extreme. To help me with the bleeding I had a Mirena IUD inserted. I had to do this because I took the metformin and I bled so much I became very anemic. Even with the IUD I can only take 500 mg of metformin a day. You probably won't have this problem, I'm the only one I have ever heard of that has had this problem.

the glugophage and birth control treatment works. Be sure to clearly communicate with your doc so she can make needed changes to your treatment regimen. You may only need a kick start. I hope so for your sake because I was told I will have this problem for the rest of my life.
coela

42 days and stopped counting.
Just 2 weeks late (3 weeks last time).
Ok then, I'm off to change diapers. :-P

konphusion26
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Mar 31 2008, 03:21 PM) *
I also have PCOS and it sucks the big one. I take metformin, the generic of Glucophage. I have to say, it's a cheap way to treat it. I certainly has helped me. It does "kick start" your hormones. For me it was to an extreme. To help me with the bleeding I had a Mirena IUD inserted. I had to do this because I took the metformin and I bled so much I became very anemic. Even with the IUD I can only take 500 mg of metformin a day. You probably won't have this problem, I'm the only one I have ever heard of that has had this problem.

the glugophage and birth control treatment works. Be sure to clearly communicate with your doc so she can make needed changes to your treatment regimen. You may only need a kick start. I hope so for your sake because I was told I will have this problem for the rest of my life.

Oh wow, I forgot all about this thread!! Thank you for your very valuable input deschats!! I've been looking into "herbal" remedies the last week or so, just because I'm afraid of trying the other meds. i dont like how they make my body feel (tried the metformin several years ago, and didnt quite enjoy the side effects!). The birth control is an option, I guess. Not too fond of them either though. I'm reading up about evening primrose oil (in softgel form) and black cohosh too. They are supposed to be really good herbs for regulating hormones and so forth. I am willing to give them a try at least before going the Rx route. Much less expensive! I'd rather be a guinea pig on a $3 - $5 bottle of herbs than a $10 (generic with insurance) or $35 (non generic) bottle of prescription meds that might not even work.

Your thoughts are much appreciated though! It sucks to be going through this at any age. I'm only 27, and have been dealing with this off and on since I was 22. I'd like to trade in my defective lady parts for a newer model please!! LOL
damona
hi ladies, got a question for y'all...

i had my tubes tied 3 years ago, after my last baby. since then, i have had super-heavy, super-long periods, bleeding for 2-3 weeks out of each month. all of a sudden (as of around january), all that stopped. i now barely bleed at all, but get horrible cramps, break out like a teenager, my boobs swell and hurt, and i get nauseous all the time. no, i am definately not pregnant. i've taken a few tests over the last couple months! i'm just wondering if anybody else out there has had similar issues or knows someone who has? i am getting really tired of feeling like i am pregnant all the time, without the cool end result!
moxiegirl
d- how old are you? when my mom started peri-menopause, that's exactly what she went through.

on my end...odd situation in itself. Three months off the pill. Usually like clockwork. This month, just started bleeding...about 10 days post ov, but a good week before MRG supposed to start. I think its more like a period and not implantation... has this happened to anyone? Seriously, never, since i was 11 years old, have my non-pill cycles been less than 29 or longer than 31 days.
dusty
I don't think it is necessarily a problem if your cycle is off, especially coming off the pill.
falljackets
mox, how long have you been bleeding? when i was pg, i thought i'd gotten my period early. bled pretty heavily for only a day. i thought for sure it was my period but then it just stopped. a couple days later, when my boobs started hurting, i took a test and was knocked up... and you said you bled with moxette so you never know!

of course, it could just be an anomaly. most women have at least one weirdo cycle at some point in their lives.

*fingers crossed for you*

i've got weirdness going on with my cycles but i'm sure it's because i'm still breastfeeding. period came back 4 months postpartum but has been super irregular. has anyone had any experience with that? it's sort of annoying at the least because i'd like to have a reasonable idea of when i'll get my period. this time, i started having awful cramps about three weeks ago, then nothing for a couple days, terrible cramps again, nothing for a week or more, etc. and the bleeding is incredibly heavy! i've never needed super and all of a sudden, i'm using eight or ten tampons a day!

i won't even mention the moodiness...grrrr!
moxiegirl
FJ- as we bottle fed, i got my "period" pretty darned normally again after moxette. My BFF, though...breastfed for 10-11 months, and she had WACKO periods, more or less just like you're describing. Once she was back off BF and on the pill, everything shook itself out right. Jackaroo changing his eating habits lately? More solids/less boob?

So, based on weirdness level, i thought I'd best suck it up and call the doc. Nurse agrees this is weird, pretty much a 50-50 chance, like I thought, too. My doc is in hosp on call today, though, so he'll call me in the morning to discuss. Trouble is, I don't remember how long I bled with moxette before i knew i was preggo. I spotted the whole first trimester.
damona
i'm only 28!!! i hope it's not menopause yet!!!

i'm also late, at lest, assuming i'm still on the same schedule i was last month. *eyeroll* i really wish things would sort out.

nursing always messed with my cycle, too.
epinephrine
Hi ladies, embarrassing question ahead:

What exactly is healthy menstrual blood supposed to smell like? 'Cause I'm convinced mine isn't healthy. It's become a bit of an anxiety issue for me. It just has a really strong, funky, bitter, not-fresh smell that lingers for days after my period is over. I've been tested tons of times with no results. Could it be some kind of uterine infection that wouldn't show up on normal pap smears and sti tests? It's making me hate myself! Help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.