Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody grrls
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
NoSissy
THANK GOD!! I just finished having my period for 3 WEEKS!!! I've had a copper IUD for like 6 months, so I'm not on any hormones or anything. The first week was normal, then I started to wonder a little, but it hadn't been that long so I wasn't too concerned, THEN I went on vacation, where it kept going and going, the I got back and on my busy Monday I started to feel faint, tired and short of breath- and I FINALLY got in touch with a gyno, (not MINE cause she was on vacation) and he put me on progesterone for a week. He said my body probably produced an overabundance of estrogen this cycle, so it never got the signal to complete the cycle. I started taking the progesterone yesterday and I'm period free today! (what a beautiful day!!) Usually I don't like taking hormones, but it was that or face the possibility of amnemia or angina. Has anyone ever had this happen?? That was the longest period I ever had! blink.gif
auralpoison
Ah, the crimson tide is in.

Argh!

All I want is chocolate & salt & sex! Preferably all at once!

I am borderline violent! I really want to punch a bitch in her tit for calling me a nasty name when she doesn't even know me. I know she's just being small & petty & insecure, but that doesn't make it okay to call me names when I'm minding my own goddamned business.
candycane_girl
omfg, I am dying! Okay, not really but I have some very nasty cramps and all the energy has been sucked out of me. In addition to that, I am having a way more emotional time than usual; I want to cry and scream at people at the same time. Just going to the grocery store today made me feel like I was gonna start punching random strangers. The only high point of my day is that I had some taco bell that totally hit the spot.
.eilleen.
Oh Lawd, I start tomorrow morning. I better get portions tonight to ease the transition.
rubberdollz
Ok lucky me I just got my period yesterday and what makes me lucky... I turned 30 as of yesterday! ARGH!!! It would figure that this god forsaken thing would happen on that day. I've waited 41 freaking days for this sucker to happen and it finally arrives!

It's weird because I was on birth control for 12 years and every 28 days I knew it was coming, now I'm off and my cycle is 41 days long! Sheesh if it stays like this I welcome it!

Does anyone else get super clumsy right before the ol' blood starts flowing? I have bruises everywhere, from running into things to my dog jumping on me! I even managed to bend a few nails back on my fingers and lose those freaking nails!!!! What the f*?!?!?!

Oh crampies... please go away!
neurotic.nelly
Poem in praise of menstruation

if there is a river
more beautiful than this
bright as the blood
red edge of the moon if
there is a river
more faithful than this
returning each month
to the same delta if there

is a river
braver than this
coming and coming in a surge
of passion, of pain if there is

a river
more ancient than this
daughter of eve
mother of cain and of abel if there is in

the universe such a river if
there is some where water
more powerful than this wild
water

pray that it flows also
through animals
beautiful and faithful and ancient
and female and brave

Lucille Clifton
damona
i am still bleeding... 9 days.... i am so tired of this... i am so tired, in general.
dani1983
QUOTE(rubberdollz @ Aug 25 2008, 07:37 PM) *
Ok lucky me I just got my period yesterday and what makes me lucky... I turned 30 as of yesterday! ARGH!!! It would figure that this god forsaken thing would happen on that day. I've waited 41 freaking days for this sucker to happen and it finally arrives!

Same happens to me. I haven't had a c**k block worse than my friggin period. I'm supposedly seeing this guy I haven't seen for a year on friday and I haven't gotten my period for more than 40 days. Just you wait, I'm going to get it somewhere between tomorrow and friday. It never fails :'( Sometimes I wish I could take my uterus out of my body and slam it against the wall dry.gif
candycane_girl
damona, my period just ended two days ago and it was going for 9 freakin days too! My vag was actually starting to hurt from always having a tampon or diva cup in it. Gawd I hate my period.
Queen Bull
not to rub it in, but my periods only last three days and I feel for you ladies that have it for nine plus. i have a friend who has PCOS and had hers for 14 the last time she had it. I could NOT take it. :'(

*note to self:i will not complain about imy period anymore.

((hugs))
rubberdollz
Ok here's one for you ladies...

I have a friend who has been off birth control for about a year now. A few months ago she has started bleeding every 2 weeks. No joke. She has a normal period every 2 weeks. She went to the gyno a few weeks ago to get some blood work done, sorry nothing is wrong with you. I think that is totally fucked up!!! She is on this progesterone cream right now but refuses to get off of it because she thinks it is helping her with mood swings and whatnot but I think it's messing her periods up.

Crazy stuff... who wants a period every 2 weeks??? I sure as in hell don't!
damona
@%*#@*(#$*%(#&$(^@^#(@&#%(&#$

still bleeding. 12 days. i hate this.

sorry to keep just coming in here whining about it. but no one in my off-line life really wants details!
neurotic.nelly
((((busties with rough periods)))

Keep in mind, that if something is off or rough with your periods, it may mean that there is something off with your health. If something is off with your lifestyle or your health, it will show in your cycle. This problem, is yours, it is an intimate issue, and only you can heal it. Don't let doctors try to heal it for you, because they'll only prescribe you with pills or hormones that will only make your problems worse. This is just my opinion. My period used to be nine days too. No more. Now, it is about four days, with a little slight bleeding after that. It is amazing. I love my period like I love my breasts. I am woman, mothafuckas, hear me roar!!!!

eta: that last sentence is not toward busties, I think that busties are women who are searching for the best solution for themselves and I support that!
neurotic.nelly
okayyyyy, i am off of my goddess high horse this morning...

sometimes, periods just suck, and hurt, and are uncomfortable. and just because these last couple of periods have been cool doesn't mean that next month won't be hell for me. that's the truth...

carry on ladies...
mouse
so i record my period with mycycle.com--it's really geared towards ladies who want to get pregnant and record fertility, but it was the first thing i found and i've been on it since jan so i don't wanna switch. however, now that lots of sites like that are cropping up....i started thinking. i don't have one and i kind of resent them BUT.....it will be a great feminist victory when they come up with an iphone application that keeps track of your cycle. women iphone inventors, where the hell are ya?
pollystyrene
I was just going to post about online trackers, mouse. Prophecy_grrl sent me this one, but I'd kinda like one that lets you not only record the dates, but the before/during/after symptoms. I went off the pill after nearly 10 years and I have PCOS, so I'd really like to record a lot of details to help figure out what's going on, if not be able to predict when I'll be bleeding.

The Monthly Info one is good for anyone who just wants a basic tracker with no fertility overtones.

I think I ovulated earlier this week, but it could have just been gas.

I'm dreading how long I might bleed. After 10 years on the pill, I was so light I didn't even wear a pad the last couple of years. I must start practicing with my Diva Cup so I'm not clueless when it starts in the next couple of weeks.
Phlea
***sympathy to the other bleeding busties***

Impending misery. I can feel it- i know that that tricky uterus is up to no good.
It's probably still a day or two away, but I'm already feeling highly emotional and terribly sad.
I would really like to just kinda curl up & die for a week.
damona
it's done! hallelujah!

nelly, my periods have been horrid ever since i got my tubes tied. i don't understand the whys and wherefores, but there it is. my dr gave me 3 basic options... 1) i can go on hormones, such as birth control 2) i can have what is essentially a d&c every year or two or 3) remove my uterus. i said "no thanks, i'll just deal with it". i do, however, need to stop whining about it and do some research and see if there are some alternative med options.

(((((((bleeders)))))))
neurotic.nelly
((((damona))))

yeah, i just did a really quick search on that, and nothing comes up at first glance, for natural alternatives. maybe you could seek out an alternative health practitioner, if it's reasonable for you as far as location and cost. maybe some medicinal teas that are specific to correcting or easing heavy uterine bleeding and discomfort.

deschatsrouge
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Aug 29 2008, 06:15 AM) *
I think I ovulated earlier this week, but it could have just been gas.

biggrin.gif
pollystyrene
Not trying to freak you out, but I had a co-worker who was in her 40's and was having horribly long periods. She'd have so much blood loss that she was starting to pass out at work. She eventually did have to get a hysterectomy. I don't know what was causing it, if she ever knew.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the drawbacks to the d & c? I assume it's less money (at a time) and less recovery than a hysterectomy. Unfortunately, you'd have to have it done repeatedly.

I know how well hormonal stuff works for you, so that's out. Hmm.

I forget if you mentioned it, but are you bleeding particularly heavily, or just for a long period of time?
damona
polly, they aren't as heavy as they used to be, the first few days are pretty light, the middle 4 days or so are pretty bad and then the last few days are light (i use "light" relatively speaking, for me it means that i still have to use something or there will be a mess, but it's not the flood that the middle is.) it's more that they are just so long and drawn out and what with getting cramps and misery for a week or so beforehand, then the 8-12 days of bleeding... i'm tired of being uncomfortable, y'know?

the biggest drawback to the d&c (mind you, i've never had one) seems to be mostly that i'd have to have it re-done every year or so, for several years at least. also, it's a day for the surgery and at least a day for recovery every time.... and i have had nasty reactions to anesthesia in the past. besides, i tend to be against un-needed surgery, and to me, this is still pretty un-needed. it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

i do tend to get kind of woozy and dizzy in the last few days. i've never fainted, but i get that "headrush" feeling a lot. it all, in general, sucks.

nelly, my mom is a pretty decent herbalist, so i need to get her to compound a tea or something for me. if anything helps slow it down i would be so grateful.
Queen Bull
umm. is there such a thing as your period being TOO short? on the one hand, i dont want to complain, but on the other, i just wonder.... one day of real flow seems too small....
thirtiesgirl
I'm one of those weirdos who gets mine every 3-4 months, and according to my current Dr., I don't test positive for PCOS. Which is a good thing, but I still wondering if I need a second opinion.

Re: flow length & time, from my personal experience, hormones are such weird things and act on our bodies in such weird ways. Mine never seem to do the same thing twice, and I never know what's going to stir them up. Once or twice in the past, I've had short periods that lasted all of 2 days. Most of the time, mine last at least 4, so 2 days is kind of a novelty. I had a friend who sometimes got hers twice a month, which she absolutely hated. But who knew what was going on with her hormone levels at the time, and why it was happening. She couldn't explain it; she just had to learn to deal with it, and talk with her Dr. about possible treatment.
NoSissy
QUOTE(damona @ Aug 31 2008, 04:18 AM) *
polly, they aren't as heavy as they used to be, the first few days are pretty light, the middle 4 days or so are pretty bad and then the last few days are light (i use "light" relatively speaking, for me it means that i still have to use something or there will be a mess, but it's not the flood that the middle is.) it's more that they are just so long and drawn out and what with getting cramps and misery for a week or so beforehand, then the 8-12 days of bleeding... i'm tired of being uncomfortable, y'know?

the biggest drawback to the d&c (mind you, i've never had one) seems to be mostly that i'd have to have it re-done every year or so, for several years at least. also, it's a day for the surgery and at least a day for recovery every time.... and i have had nasty reactions to anesthesia in the past. besides, i tend to be against un-needed surgery, and to me, this is still pretty un-needed. it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

i do tend to get kind of woozy and dizzy in the last few days. i've never fainted, but i get that "headrush" feeling a lot. it all, in general, sucks.

nelly, my mom is a pretty decent herbalist, so i need to get her to compound a tea or something for me. if anything helps slow it down i would be so grateful.

So it occurred to me that since my doctor told me that my prolonged period was probably due to my body producing an overabundance of estrogen, maybe you could help shorten your periods by consuming less plant estrogens like the ones in soy. Do you eat a lot of soy? It's purely speculation, but if plant estrogens have helped menopausal women feel more hormonally balanced, then isin't it possible that they could make menstruating women hormonally unbalanced? What do the busties think? Can you ask your mom about that?
pollystyrene
Wow, this morning reminded me of how much fun it is to be a girl! dry.gif

Potential TMI warning....

I woke up early and felt a little "moist" down there, so decided to get up and go to the bathroom. As soon as I stood up, I felt a *whoosh*. Got to the bathroom and a grape-sized clot had hit the front of my undies, just beyond the reach of the Lunapad. Looked down and there's another glop on the floor, that must have come out just as I was about to sit on the toilet. Meanwhile, my cat, who was locked out of our bedroom all night, is all excited to see me and is circling my legs. Once I was sitting, I went to pet him and my hand came back wet and -looked at it- bloody. His tail must have gone past the wet spot on the front of my underwear. And he's black (mostly) so I couldn't see any of it on him. I dampened a paper towel and wiped him down, which he didn't appreciate.

Then I cleaned up myself (and the floor) and went back to bed, but put the Diva Cup in...see my post in the Diva Cup thread- until further progress is made, I'll only be wearing that at night, since it doesn't feel uncomfortable when I'm lying down and it will catch those surprise clots.

Argh....how long until menopause?!?!
candycane_girl
Ughhhhhh, I have the worst cramps ever. I can't seem to get rid of them even if I take 3 extra strength Midols. Has anyone ever gotten a prescription for something stronger than Midol?
sassygrrl
CCG, I wonder. I'm experiencing the same thing. Have you found anything yet??
candycane_girl
I don't think there's anything stronger that's over the counter. But I'm hoping to see my doctor soon so I'll ask her. Ugh, day 6 and it's still super heavy and I woke up with cramps.
.eilleen.
Tylenol for Arthritis works wonders.
sassygrrl
Thanks eileen. I'll check that out. I'm on day 1 (I'm not counting getting it in the middle of the night last night), and it's super heavy. Grr...
damona
i have the sore boobs and the faint spotting that indicates that the flood is imminent. is it just me, or did this just end????
.eilleen.
I swear, I think a bunch of us are on the same cycle. I start tomorrow morning. My sports bra was so snug tonight at the gym!
auralpoison
Disney's Story of Menstruation.
candycane_girl
lol, that was actually pretty straightforward and even had some good tips (although I don't know if I can ever bring myself to exercise during my period). I kind of feel like the cartoon girl at about 7:40 into the video. This period never ends!
anna k
I feel like such shit. I've had PMS for the past couple of weeks, and my stomach looks and feels like a big balloon full of water. My breasts feel like big water bags. My legs feel weak and empty, and I get slight headaches. I just feel so big and watery. This pisses me off because I get bloated easily, and have worked hard to stay in good shape. I cut out wheat and gluten from my diet, and that helped a lot, with detoxing, which would make me pee and crap a lot and get woozy headaches. But my body looked good afterwards. I've been drinking water and yerba mate tea and green tea and peppermint tea and replaced regular milk with almond milk, just trying to stay healthy and keep my stomach from bloating, which gets worse at PMS time. I also work out at the gym 2-3 times a week, about 2-3 hours each time, so it pisses me off when I bloat and look out of shape.

I want to see a gastroenterologist, I just read tips about taking peppermint oil capsules 3 times a day to decrease bloating. I just hate having a puffy stomach that makes me feel bigger than I really am.
rubberdollz
Well I started the ol' period yesterday. At least this time I didn't have PMS for like 2 freaking weeks. Although my clumsiness came back in full swing. I managed to some how run into my bed frame this morning and now I have a gigantic lump on my thigh. I swear when it's that time of the month I get so clumsy you'd think someone was beating me!

I had cramps all freaking day today. I'm feeling totally depressed. My husband lost his job yesterday. What else could seriously happen???? Oh yeah, I also managed to eat like 3 or 4 scones today as well!!! What a freaking pig I am!!! They were so good and with the cramps I was feeling I guess I hoped the scones could soak up the pain, plus they had chocolate chips in them and I cannot resist chocolate during this time.

Ugh... go away period, I hate you!!!!

OH yeah... and while I was typing this my dog managed to rip the stinkiest fart ever and I'm trapped in this room trying to finish this before my air gets cut off!!! Then he gets up and leaves! Yeah thanks for nothing there!
BoyInPanties
I must say, this is one of the most interesting threads I've read. Although I'm male (and consider myself to have gender dysphasia), I'm always interested in what women experience and have to go through during their period.

Reading your stories helps me empathize what you all must go through.

Sorry if that's inappropriate for me to post that. unsure.gif
auralpoison
*long slow clap*

Thank you, BIP.

See, Funk? Note he didn't tell us about Midol or taking long hot bath or the effectiveness of evening primrose oil on breast tenderness. He empathized. This is the way to start ingratiating yourself with Busties.
treehugger
*continues the long slow clap*

I don't post in this thread, but I'm here today. Yup. MRG visiting again.
girltrouble
i don't post in this thread either (for rather obvious reasons), but i just love a nice slow clap....*

wait.... that sounds awful...

anyways,

*continues the long slow clap and adds a "whoop."*

(*or a silly cheap joke)
pollystyrene
Wow. My second chemical-free period came exactly 28 days after the first one. Unfortunately, this means my next one could start on Halloween. Poop.

I never had any signs of ovulation (which allegedly happened on September 19th) and my boobs were only a little sore leading up to today. I'm not going to say "this might not be too bad" for fear of jinxing myself.

I found out there's a new version of that online period tracker I mentioned awhile back, mon.thly.info. If you create an account through the old version, you can log into the beta of the new one. They took my suggestion (I'm sure I wasn't the only one!) and now allow you to make notes on any day of the month, not just keep track of your start date. I love it!! It's not all pro-breeding, either, although there is an option to record your temperature. I guess they were also mentioned in the latest issue of Bust, coincidentally.
rubberdollz
PS, I totally had the same thing happen when I quit the bc. Although my third period off the pill took me 41 days to start! This time it took 31 days. I feel like I'm all over the charts here but you know it hasn't been that bad. My boobs got really tender the second month in but now I don't notice it at all. I realize how much the pill messed with everything.

I keep track of my info with a paper chart I print off online. I record my temperature every morning and check the fluids 3 times a day. We aren't trying to have a baby and I'd like to keep it that way so I'm finding this to really help out. I'm not totally regulated yet so we are still using condoms until I think my body has returned to a more normal state. I think last month was the first month I actually ovulated, which was a shock. I thought it would take longer!
mouse
UHHHGGGH i've been bloaty and crampy and cranky for like three days period was supposed to be here yesterday PLEASE COME ON GET HERE SO I CAN FEEL LITHE AND PLEASANT
deschatsrouge
I'm zitty, and the other day I was crampy. I get this way when Mrs. Rouge is nearing her period. She menstruates, but I get her zits, it sucks.
hellotampon
That's so cute, Deschatsrouge!

I know it's possible to ovulate twice in a cycle but 3 times??? I swear it happened to me this month... although maybe the 3rd time was just gas. haha.

Now I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting. I've got some zits on my chin, but that's the only sign.

I used to know my period was coming when I looked at my body and it was covered in bruises (I get really clumsy before it comes). Now I'm always covered in them anyway because of my job. I feel less in tune with my body now than I did when I was a teen.
mouse
oh. HERE it is. the day before i'm supposed to go on a three day camping trip. AWESOME.
nezumi
Down side of the IUD - bonus periods! Yay, twice the fun, all in one month!
anna k
More zits, bloaty belly, fuller breasts. The onset of PMS. I need to pick up some New Chapter vitamins and digestive enzymes, both help my stomach and make me feel healthier. Sometimes I really hate having a soft, curvy figure instead of being thin and lithe.
sassygrrl
I hate PMS. Got my period today. Of course, when I wanted to go hiking. Why does it always come when you have something fun planned? The cramps are the worst!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.