Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody grrls
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
p_176
mine finally showed up this afternoon, after two weeks of water retention. ugh.
vixen_within
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Oct 7 2008, 04:23 PM) *
That's so cute, Deschatsrouge!

I know it's possible to ovulate twice in a cycle but 3 times??? I swear it happened to me this month... although maybe the 3rd time was just gas. haha.

Now I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting. I've got some zits on my chin, but that's the only sign.

I used to know my period was coming when I looked at my body and it was covered in bruises (I get really clumsy before it comes). Now I'm always covered in them anyway because of my job. I feel less in tune with my body now than I did when I was a teen.

hellotampon, how do you know when you're ovulating?

i just stopped by to share this: http://www.tamponcrafts.com
i like the bunny
rubberdollz
Ok HT I swear I thought it was just me, but I get super clumsy right before my period and then a few days of being on it. I have bruises all over and now I'm getting to wear I drop things, spill things or whatever would involve... me and something being poured on me. One time I was sitting down at the gym to do some chest presses and almost fell off the bench. It was quite embarrassing and my friend could only laugh!!!

VW, when you ovulate if you keep track of your temperatures you usually have a drop and then it goes up and your mucous changes as well. It can be a creamy/thick kind of mucous. The mucous is thick and creamy so the sperm has a nice warm safe travel fluid.
roquelaure

i am a complete disaster the week before mine- i should just wear bubble wrap clothes. not just to protect myself, but others. i'm pretty damn clumsy as it is, but pre-flo, i literally can't even walk without tripping over nothing.

i'm on Yaz and i have all the pms symptoms but don't bleed. probably not healthy, but it's fiiiiine with me. the only problem though is that i get bloated like i've never been bloated before. ugh! even my fat girl yoga pants are too tight. for some reason i'm convinced crunches will like, squeeze it out of me or something lol.

i'm going to have to try the peppermint oil capsules this week. i usually steer clear of diuretics because i'm always thirsty as it is, but i have an upcoming "special weekend" and i'm due to be poppin' buttons off my jeans.
vixen_within
Thanks Rubberdollz. I hadn't thought about the clumsiness as a sign also, but that seems to jive with my life and times too.
Laurenzorro
Day 5 of ye olde flow, I've only been up for two hours and already I've thrown a glass and a hairbrush!

I feel bad for my husband having to deal with me but I do think he needs to be more considerate. No cramps since I stopped the bc pill and the bloating hasn't been tooooo bad, I'm just a teary mess!!
sassygrrl
I broke down crying at a mock interview today. sad.gif I hate hormones!!
princess_dander
my nipples hurt, I am bloated, pissy, I feel ugly and fat as fuck and I am horny. I hate PMS.
rubberdollz
Ok so no joke... this morning I ran into the wall TWICE!! Yes that's right, the damn thing went and moved on me. About 2 hours later I go to the bathroom to find I started! It was such a great surprise! Now I'm cramping and tired and I have a headache. Bitch.
Lily_Anne
I started today, and as always, this means I will be sitting very still or lying down all day. Good thing I'm off for Thanksgiving! And good thing I have all y'all with me in cyberspace to visit with.

Is it Army Special Ops that's men only? Some ladies cry Discrimination! But even the most hard-core of them would have to understand, no?

And I've always wondered: what do lady astronauts do in space once a month? No gravity... hm.
Lily_Anne
QUOTE(rubberdollz @ Nov 20 2008, 08:10 PM) *
Ok so no joke... this morning I ran into the wall TWICE!! Yes that's right, the damn thing went and moved on me. About 2 hours later I go to the bathroom to find I started! It was such a great surprise! Now I'm cramping and tired and I have a headache. Bitch.

Oh rubbers, I run into things no matter what time of the month it is! Think of it as picking fights with inanimate objects...and Losing...
auralpoison
Y'know, that's a really good question, Lily Anne. Do they jettison it like so much space trash? Are there used tampons floating in space? I know right now they've been having problems with the urine/water thingie.

It's weird. When I was an exchange student (Ireland), there were no bins in the loo. My Spanish/Portuguese roomie tried to tell me she had her flow, but didn't know how. Bitch spoke four languages. Finally she said, "What every woman has!" DINGDINGDING! So I went to one of my host sisters to see what we should do with our . . . leavings. I used nonflushable Playtex applicator plugs, my roomie still used pads. They gave us our own little trash bags to put stuff in & keep it out of the sight of the mens in the house. Which would have been fine if they didn't have a HUGE Airedale pup that had the run of the house. We came home one day to find bloody bits of cotton all over the lounge, up the stairs, & EVERYWHERE that my other host sister frantically tried to hoover up before the men came home from work. Weren't mine, but my roomie started taking her baggie to school everyday to empty it of it's detritus.
mouse
that is a good question, lily! esp with the gravity business....does it, er, leave the body without gravity?? fascinating.

i have always been curious about what happens in trauma hospital areas...esp. considering tss. if a woman comes in, unconscious, and remains unconscious for say, more than 8 hours, do they check to see if she's wearing a tampon!? anybody work in an emergency room?
auralpoison
Gravity isn't really an issue with menstruation, the cervix forces the fluids out. I'm sure it's no different than having your flow here on earth. I mean, a woman can be prone for her whole flow & be just fine. And we are on the whole better suited to being at a lower gravity biologically than the mens. Compared to the other biologicals that would need to be adressed by *all* crew members, a few ounces of sloughed off tissue is pretty small, no? I've been to the Cosmosphere & while they don't directly discuss Aunt Flow as being an issue, astronauts do wear an absorbant nappy of sorts when outside the craft for extended periods of time.

Due to the removal of Rely (P&G tampons made with polyester foam & cellulose.) from the market & women becoming more aware of TSS signs/symptoms & the usage of lower flow plugs, these days TSS is pretty rare. And since they do generally cut off all of your clothes in an unconscious ER situation, I'm gonna assume they'd see the string. I'd be more worried about them not finding my Diva cup.

I did know a woman once that forgot to remove her final tampon of her flow & didn't notice until she tried to insert a new one a *month* later. She'd had sex with her husband, she didn't notice any rank, nothing. I guess her Britney's contractions must have forced it down low enough for her to finally feel it. No TSS, but she did get a good talking to by her doctor after.
Laurenzorro
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 16 2008, 11:56 PM) *
I did know a woman once that forgot to remove her final tampon of her flow & didn't notice until she tried to insert a new one a *month* later. She'd had sex with her husband, she didn't notice any rank, nothing. I guess her Britney's contractions must have forced it down low enough for her to finally feel it. No TSS, but she did get a good talking to by her doctor after.

WWWHHHHAAATTT??!!!

Ahem. That is pretty fucked.
auralpoison
OH. MY. GAWD!!!!!

I know we've discussed the odd inspection what's in our cups & what not, but great googly moogly! I got that feel, I ran to the head. As soon as I did the removal twist, a clot the SIZE OF MY FUCKING PALM CAME OUT. I had to flush *twice* to get rid of it all.

Time to get thee to the gyno.
konphusion26
Oh dayum AP! I would have passed out. I'm very squeamish.

I came to whine a bit. I've been bleeding for almost 2 months now. Its that same lil "not enuff to cause alarm, but just enough to have to wear a liner every day" kind of spotting if you wanna call it that...

The last time this happened, the docs just pumped me full of hormones and couldn't tell me wtf was wrong with me. I'm not willing to do that again. But I'm so freakin annoyed right now. I'd say the best way to describe what I'm seeing is like a brownish red discharge. Its fairly thin, kinda slimy feeling when I wipe. EWWW TMI sorry ladies.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Has anyone experienced this before? I can't find any info on it and frankly I wanna just get a whole new uterus and vagina!!! This damn thing has given me more problems in the last 3 years than I care to think about.

Luckily I don't want to have kids any time soon. My sex life is so non-existent and pathetic thanks to the constant vag. issues!!!

Any support or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm out of ideas.
candycane_girl
konphusion, are you on the pill? I was on a pill once that, according to my doctor, slowed my period down so that it was just like a constant drip. Stupid doctor couldn't understand why I wasn't pleased because, "you just need to wear a liner everyday". Um, fuck that.
bottleblack
Also konphusion if you are on the pill, I've heard that can happen if the hormones in the pill are not strong enough for your body.
konphusion26
I'm not using any kind of BC at all right now. I was using Nuvaring last year, but I quit that over 6 months ago. My body didn't like it!

CCG, that's exactly how I feel about it! F**k that! Your description "constant drip" is exactly what its been like. Thank you! It's such a pain in the crotch.

I know I need to get checked out, but I don't feel like being a test dummy again. I probably just need to lose a few pounds to get things back in order.
femmelawren
i haven't had a natural period in eons and i'm ready to scream (which I regularly do, because of the constant endless PMS). I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and i'm allergic to bc pills. other types of hormonal bc are not for women with PCOS because they can actually cause you to develop even more cysts which then may require surgery to remove and lead to premature ovarian failure. My fiance and I are planning on starting to try having babies in the next year or so, and since we're lesbians buying internet sperm, the whole thing will need to be timed exactly with my ovulation every month or no big fat positive pregnancy test for us, so I've been trying my hardest to get my period so i can start charting my fertility signs, but to no avail. my homophobic bitch of a gynie tried inducing my period with progesterone to restart my cycle, which worked once, but I haven't bled again since and it's been 6 months now. i keep getting severe cramps (like, I can't even get out of bed because i'm doubled over in excruciating pain) every other week or so for 6 months but never any blood. i'm trying to find a new gay-friendly gynecologist around here (south nj/philadelphia - any recommendations?) because my old one went on a nasty rant about how lesbians are unfit to parent when I asked her to sign the form to have the sperm shipped to our house. Just thought I'd vent a little steam here ladies, and hopefully absorb some luteinizing hormone through the thread! lol wink.gif
mouse
QUOTE(femmelawren @ Jan 7 2009, 10:56 PM) *
i'm trying to find a new gay-friendly gynecologist around here (south nj/philadelphia - any recommendations?) because my old one went on a nasty rant about how lesbians are unfit to parent when I asked her to sign the form to have the sperm shipped to our house.

i'm sorry i don't have any suggestions for you, but fuck your old gyno. that's ridiculous, especially in the relatively liberal climate of the philadelphia area. might that be something the aclu wants to hear about...?
p_176
femmelawren - don't talk to the gyn about PCOS, talk to an endocrinologist. there are other ways to start your period and increase fertility. good luck!
pollystyrene
Wow, that's awful, femme! I don't know a whole lot about the process of going through an online sperm market, but have you tried talking to a fertility clinic? They probably deal with this stuff all the time and would be able to direct you to a doctor who knows more about PCOS, especially if you're trying to get it in check for fertility purposes.

Does the Philly area have a gay Yellow Pages? We have one here in Chicago and gay-friendly businesses put their listings in it. Do you know any other lesbians in the area who've done this and you could find out who they used?

I have PCOS too, and spent about 10 years on the Pill. Now I'm off of it, but we're childfree by choice, and LeBoy is getting a vasectomy. The consultation's actually this afternoon. Fingers crossed that the doctor will do it. He's 31, so I don't see why it would be a problem.
femmelawren
Thanks mouse, p and polly. I am actually seriously considering taking my complaint about that gyno further. NJ includes sexual orientation discrimination in its list of prohibited discrimination in places of public accomodation, so I have strong state law support for my case if I decide to proceed, which I normally wouldn't even have to think twice about, but with everything going on right now (my fiancee has been ill and I'm about to graduate from college) I don't know if I can handle one more thing, even for the cause.

I am trying to find a reproductive endocrinologist in my sucky college insurance plan (until I find a real job or Obama comes through, it's the only insurance I have - my fiancee was going to put me on hers after we got married, but then she got sick and our wedding got indefinitely postponed, and now she's on Medicare, which she obviously can't add me to anyway, so I'm on my own). We are the only lesbians here that we know. We have some lesbian friends that live a few hours away and I am the president of my college's Pride Alliance, but nobody we know, gay or straight, is even thinking about making babies. I'm pretty young (23), but she's older (31) and while she has one straight friend that had a baby last year, she and her husband did it the old fashioned way and saw the same homophobic gynie I am leaving, so she's no help.

I don't know if Philly has a gay yellow pages, but I'm trying to find out now that you mentioned it. There is a gay community center with resources for GLBTs with HIV/AIDS, but I haven't found a gay health organization yet. I'm hoping that if I can just find a reproductive endocrinologist that will accept my insurance, they will have had at least knowledge of some of the issues lesbian moms to be face. I have no problem educating healthcare providers about our lifestyle if they are respectful and willing to learn it (with my fiancee being as sick as she has been, I've had to constantly advocate for my right to be present to countless doctors), I just won't subject myself to harassment. I'll go into Philly, even though I don't actually live in the city, because I figure there must be a fertility doc in the city of brotherly love who is down with some (not so) sisterly love.
stargazer
(((femme))) so sorry about how you were treated by your OBGYN. not if this info is too late.
candycane_girl
(((femme))) That obgyn sounds pretty evil. I would definitely make a complaint, you don't deserve to get treated like that.

I don't really have any advice but I had stopped taking the pill back around September and I didn't get my period until I got back on the pill around December. I know that doesn't help your situation but sometimes our bodies are just weird.

I just had to come in here to complain about cramps. I feel like I'm dying. My doctor had given me some apo-naproxen but it's not helping at all. This is bullshit. mad.gif
auralpoison
My boobehs hurt. And so does my back. And I cried half the morning, I am stilll unsure why.
rubberdollz
AP my thoughts EXACTLY... I was sitting here and thinking about how my boobies are hurting and sore and thank god I haven't worn a bra for 2 freaking day! Although I've been off work for 2 days sick, but STILL!!! I'm saved from that torturous device called a bra.

I hate when I am retaining water and then start peeing all the time. Ugh...
hellcat
I just started my first non-bc period and can't get over how different it it! It's actually red and flowy and terribly painful. Drug me. Food me. Now!
stargazer
omg. I AM SO HUNGRY! i wanted to just overdose on carbs and chocolate. that's all. with sex as a side dish.

pms is lethal. dry.gif
crazyoldcatlady
omg. I AM SO HUNGRY! i wanted to just overdose on carbs and chocolate

i want to motorboat two loaves of bread.
stargazer
can you motorboat a young buck instead? i got some things that need workin' out. wink.gif
sassygrrl

Hungry and horny are the worst!!! I almost broke my vibe yesterday. I ordered more cool cloth pads for next month.

My back and boobs hurt so much....

crazyoldcatlady
lol star!

nothing says happy valentines day like starting my period. symbolism, much?
konphusion26
Going into bloody (literally) month # 3. I'm seriously considering hooking my uterus up to a crane and snatching the damned thing out.

Has anyone had the endometrial albation procedure done? I'm considering it, but everything I've read says pregnancy afterwards would be dangerous. My hub is dead set on kids being an option one day (me, not so much). I could give a flip about having a kid. I just wanna stop buying, wearing, and carrying pads around with me all the time. This sucks ginormous balls.

Hormones of any sort are a no go, can't do a hysterectomy. So it's either let it continue on till it decides not to plague me anymore, or have the ablation and risk not having kids ever.

W.T.F.
stargazer
(((kon))) are there any other potential dangers for you with not having surgery? while i can understand the concern with the potential to get pregnant, i would be more worried about your health? i'm concerned there could be more damage happening by not treating the endometrium.
crazyoldcatlady
bleeding for three months, kon? have you gotten an ultrasound or a biopsy?
konphusion26
Yep 3 miserable months.

It's happened once before (for 2 months) and I had lots of tests and a vag. ultrasound done. The doc found nothing. They put me on a low hormone bc and it made it stop, but the hormones made me a lunatic. So i had to quit them. I'm really leaning towards getting the ablation. Screw childbirth. lol
stargazer
hhhmm. did you get a second opinion? i'm a big pusher for second opinions. especially if your period last over 2 weeks. besides the whole potentially wanting to get pregnant in the future thing, is your husband supportive that getting this procedure can help you? a period going into 3 mos. sounds horrible. sad.gif
konphusion26
QUOTE(stargazer @ Feb 18 2009, 09:36 PM) *
hhhmm. did you get a second opinion? i'm a big pusher for second opinions. especially if your period last over 2 weeks. besides the whole potentially wanting to get pregnant in the future thing, is your husband supportive that getting this procedure can help you? a period going into 3 mos. sounds horrible. sad.gif

Yeah, I've been to 2 different docs and a PA at 2 different practices. LOL I think Hubby is ready for the bleeding to end too, he just wants the option of children one day. And while I would love to give him one or two, having to deal with all these vaginal problems the last few years just makes me say Thanks, but no thanks on that bridge to parenthood. You feel me? He'll just have to get over it. It is my body afterall. I am going to see what happens. I just started a new job and got new insurance which hasn't kicked in yet. And with this rigorous training its going to be hard to miss any time without missing important stuff.

I'm just f***ed right? LOL Trying to be a good sport about it. I tell you what though, this has been torture. Thanks for your advice star!
stargazer
(((kon))) aw dude. sad.gif can't wait until your insurance kicks in for you.
konphusion26
Yayy, I was able to get into my Primary Care doc's office today. Unfortunately I'm now on Provera (progesterone) for the next 10 days. Which could either make me bleed more, or stop the bleeding that's already occuring. She told me that my body is producing more testosterone than estrogen and its causing all kinds of funky things to happen to my body. *like the bleeding, and chin hair!* I have to go back in 3 wks for a follow up. I hope this stuff doesn't make me sick.

On a happier note, I didn't have to strip down, the docs there are all familiar with my history (I guess I'm a much talked about case for them) so my next visit will determine my other options for treatment if this progesterone doesn't work... best of all and I didn't have pay for the generic Rx... my insurance rocks.

We'll see how things go.

Thanks Star for your hugs and advice. Much appreciated hunny! My advice to anyone out there dealing with issues like mine to please stay on those doctors. Don't just let them tell you any old thing or put you on any old thing. We are not guinea pigs. Most of them are drug pushers. Do your research and know your options before going into the office. Unfortunately for me, i'm running out of options.

Take it easy ladies.
stargazer
(((kon))) i'm glad you got some resolution from your situation. your post sounded optimistic that this condition will be more manageable for you. keep us posted about how things progress for you.
candycane_girl
Hello ladies. I just felt like coming in here to bitch about my cramps. Damned evil cramps.
LoveMyPugs
candycane girl - i don't have the cramps but when i'm on my period i have a bladder the size of a walnut. i have the worst urge to pee and i run to the bathroom and it's like tinkle tinkle. not even worth the effort it took to run to the bathroom get my jeans undone and squat. so irritating. i went to a specialist for it years ago because, to be honest, sometimes i don't always make it in time. my lunapads work great so it's never a problem but the specialist said that is normal in some women. well it sucks in this woman. i can tell you that.

good luck with your cramps. you use a heating pad? sometimes my cramps are so bad that all i can do is pop four advil and lay in bed with the heating pad. my cramps are always in my back never in my front. when mr. pugs feels sorry for me he gives me a back rub. that's always nice.

lots of love lady,

pugs
starship
my womb hurts:(
period_monster
I woke in the middle of the night in horrible pain, the right before the blood comes pain. I guess I should be grateful that I did not bleed all over. Mostly though, I am distracted by the throbbing pain emanating from my freaking unwanted uterus.
rubberdollz
Lucky me I started early this month... 5 days freaking early! It sucked. I was actually sitting at the computer typing (I think on here??) and I suddenly had the feeling that I was starting. Went to the bathroom and yup! Mother f*er!!! So sunday I layed around with cramps not wanting to do a damn thing and then today it was just exhausting. I need sleep. This stupid time change sucks ass too, like why did that have to happen as well!?!?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!
konphusion26
****Warning, TMI alert. If you are squeamish don't read this. I'm queasy thinking about what I just saw*****

I just jumped in the shower, was enjoying the hot water... when I looked down, the floor of my shower looked like a scene from a horror movie. There were dark red clot looking things in the water surrounded by bright red blood all over bottom of the tub.

BLAAAH!! That medicine they gave me only made things worse, and gave me hives from neck to ankle. I feel like crying & asking, "WHY the f*** is this happening to ME?" It really makes no sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.