Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffyverse - all things buffy, angel-y and whedon-y
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
prophecy_grrl
Just wanted to share a little (hilarious) eye candy with fellow Buffy/Tony Head fans . . .

I went to the Buffy Sing-A-Long in Chicago a few weeks ago (BIG fun, BTW - they're doing a multi-city tour this summer, so check it out if comes your way).

Anyhow, as part of the pre-show festivities, they showed this clip from Little Britain - just let it load and skip to the 5:50 minute mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJb8ephbtaw
sidecar
Funny that we're talking about Tony Head in here -- I just watched an episode of Doctor Who in which he plays a villanious headmaster. He wore a bad hairpiece but was very scary.
kittenb
prophecy-girl! I went to the Sing a long in Chicago too! I was first in line to get in the theater on Friday night. It was a lot of fun.

I really liked that episode of Doctor Who. ASH was just so creepy. He reminded me of a big praying mantis.
dragonbait
Oh no! Now the movie's gonna suck:

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-02-05/

"Whedon Quits Wonder Woman Movie

Buffy The Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon has quit as writer and director of
the forthcoming Wonder Woman movie over "creative differences." Whedon signed
up to adapt the popular comic book and 1970s TV show for the big screen in May,
but has severed ties with the project after failing to agree to a script with
the film's producers. He writes on his website, "You (hopefully) heard it here
first: I'm no longer slated to make Wonder Woman...I had a take on the film
that, well, nobody liked. Let me stress first that everybody at the studio and
Silver Pictures were cool and professional. We just saw different movies, and
at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. It
happens all the time. I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it
did."
kittenb
Well that's just...DAMMIT!
mirabella
Pardon me as I come crashing in here to let you guys know, if you dodn't already, that Joss Whedon has directed an upcoming episode of The Office. I think his will be airing on the 15th of Feb.
ImDancingBarefoot
KittenB, I saw that episode of Dr. Who. A friend of mine tivoed it for me knowing my love of all things BUffy. Holy crap, he was creepy. Yet . . . hot.

Bummed that Joss is no longer doing Wonder Woman, I was really looking forward to it. I am still looking forward to it but now I'm . . . nervous.

Joss is doing The Office?! Hrmm . . . wonder if I can get done with Vagina Monologue auditions by then. I would say i could leave erly but since I'm the director . . .
crap!
bunnyb
Mmmm, Anthony Head presented an award tonight at the Brit awards; Russell Brand introduced him as "suave" and he is definitely that.
bunnyb
sorry for the double-post but it's quote time again:

"love's a funny thing."

who said it, in which season and episode, and who to if possible.
kittenb
Was it Spike, Season 2, to Buffy and Angel?
bunnyb
almost (two parts correct).
prophecy_grrl
hmm , that's a tough one bunny. I can think of a few eps that it might apply to and I was also gonna guess season 2 . . .

Considering the clues you gave kitten, I'm gonna say Lover's Walk from season 3. I'm thinking it was part of Spike's "I'm love's bitch" speech he gave to Buffy and Angel.
bunnyb
yup smile.gif (although not the "I'm love's bitch" speech but later on when Spike's decides he's going to win Dru back through tying her up and torturing her.)
prophecy_grrl
yay! does this mean i get to pick a quote?

"Thank God we're hot chicks with superpowers"
vesicapisces
*sigh* I'm not playing, but I wanted to share (with people who would understand) that I was nearly late to work yesterday because "Once More With Feeling" was on. I mean, how can I be expected to pass that by?
maddy29
i love my dvr-it tapes buffy for me everyday smile.gif i love once more with feeling, such a great show. that and "hush" really were pretty amazing shows. it's easy to get sucked into those shows. so good!!!!

ohh ohh-hot chicks with superpowers-it's either willow and buffy, or faith and buffy. i'm thinking faith. i just can't quite remember the scene.

i'm a huge dork-but i get these little buffy phrases stuck in my head like "i'm feeling the need for some vigorous doing." what a geek.
kittenb
I want to play the quote game but I have to admit that I cannot figure out the last one.
bunnyb
It's definitely Faith (to Buffy or Buffy and the mini-slayers -what are they called again?) and I'm thinking the last season but no idea the episode.
maddy29
yah, it's def buffy and faith-something bad happens, and they kinda look at each other and one of them says it. I can picture it, but no clue what season it's in....

lunia666
In case you don't know
Joss will be doing the next season of Buffy in DH comics . No clue when it will be about but it will run for servel years.

PS Joss pulled out of WW movie
bunnyb
prophecy_grrl, can we have a clue or concede? we know it's faith at least! btw, I heard you received yummy sushi pyjamas for your birthday - I'm v jealous!

random factoid: the credits mummy is wearing a graduation hat at the end of Graduation Pt. 2 (I'm not sure if this is something I've never noticed before or something I have but forgotten).
pollystyrene
I'm going to have to go back and watch the credits now, bunny!

Re the upcoming Season 8 comic- the first one comes out March 14th, right? How long do we think it will be before they bind several issues into one big book? I'm not usually a comic book/graphic novel person (but I'll make an exception for this) so I wasn't sure what the usual series of events was for that- will they wait until the end? Do we know how many there will be?

prophecy_grrl
Sorry, I've been out of town and MIA for a few days and haven't checked up on Bust . . .

Bunny, you're on the right track - you got the season and the person right, just need the ep. Here's a clue - the conversation in question takes place right after the scythe is discovered.

As for the comic, yes the first issue is due out on the 14th (just changed from the 7th - drat!). There's supposed to be a total of 24 issues and they'll be releasing approx 1 per month. Bound collections are usually released while the series is still running and typically collect 6 issues. So, you can probably expect the first volume out sometime this fall or winter. Personally, I can't wait that long and I already have a subscription set up with my local comic book store so they'll be sent to me as they're released. So exciting!

yes, very happy about yummy sushi pajamas! I'm trying to decide if I can integrate them into my everyday wardrobe.

ETA: I love when they do fun stuff with the monster in the credits - when he sings at the end of Once More with Feeling and when he says "aw, I need a hug" at the end of Becoming, pt. 2
pollystyrene
Hmm, maybe I'll figure out something cute I could do with the remaining sushi fabric so a few select people could have some sort of everyday accessory.....***runs off to eBay to track down more fabric, because the NINE YARDS I bought doesn't seem like so much now!!***

Ooo, that's good news about the comic series. Perhaps I'll just peruse your copies until the bound version comes out; wearing archival cotton gloves, of course....now, are you going to be a really paranoid freak and buy two copies, one for reading and one for preserving?

Dammit, now I need to go back and find all the cute credit monsters! I usually turn off the DVD right after they start rolling the credits.
stargazer
I'm not a Buffy fan. But, I thought I would post this for you Busties. I'm gonna cross post it in the Midwestern Mamas thread too.

The following program is free and open to the public. Mark your calendars!

Thursday, March 15
7:30 p.m.
Jennifer Ouellette
The Physics of the Buffyverse

We here at Women & Children First, die-hard Buffy fans that we are, always knew that the show was much more than just a teen vampire melodrama. So did physicist and Buffy aficionado Jennifer Ouellette. In her new book she demonstrates how Joss Whedon and other writers of the show have drawn on specific concepts in quantum mechanics, relativity, and string theory to develop innovative plots for episodes. There are teleporting demons, temporal folds, time loops, and dimensional portals similar in concept to the hypothetical wormholes proposed by real-world physicists. In short, the Buffyverse offers a unique lens through which to view the precepts of science with fresh eyes. Science nerds and Buffy legions, unite!

Women & Children First Bookstore
5233 N Clark
Chicago
773-769-9299
www.womenandchildrenfirst.com
prophecy_grrl
OMG - I'm there! I *just* bought that book last week to read on the plane. Sorta like Buffy meets Donnie Darko - good stuff. Great location, too smile.gif

BTW, are the Buffy Busties conceding on that last quote? No one has said anything since my last clue, so I wondered. Since Bunny came the closest, seems like she should get the next pick. Unless there are other rules?

kittenb
Give the quote to the bunny.

I think I can go the Women and Children thing. Who wants to meet up?
bunnyb
thanks smile.gif .

"I was under the impression that I was your big, comfy blanky."
kittenb
Oz to Willow, fourth season.....thinkthinkthink....."Wild at Heart"
bunnyb
yup biggrin.gif .
kittenb
"I just want to sleep, yo..."

Okay, I know that's a lame quote but it is exactly where I am right now, mentally. And I have to say that while I was checking my last answer, I tripped across the dirties little Buffy/Angel story. It's dangerous to get that worked up when I have a long day at work ahead of me.
bunnyb
Spike, season 4? (to Giles or Xander when he's moved in with them).
kittenb
Nope. This quote always stayed with me b/c of the use of the word "yo." It was so incongrous to the show.
bunnyb
"yo" is incongruous ... I'm thinking it's faith as seems like a faith thing to say. I've just watched season 3 and 4 and don't think she said it then, so season 7? I have a feeling that this is a blatantly obvious quote and I'm not getting it.
kittenb
It is Faith in Season 7. You are sooooo close!
bunnyb
*slaps hand against forehead*

It's from Chosen, isn't it? it's like one of the last sentences of one of the best shows on TV EVAH.

/runs off to check I'm right.

yup.

ok, "were you planning to slit my throat any time soon?"
prophecy_grrl
Oh, I know that quote - argh! but I can't remember where it's from. I think it's another Faith one - I mean something someone said *to* Faith. Gonna need to think about it and come back.

prophecy_guy and I have been re-watching the entire series including Angel (in the order originally aired - I actually went to IMDB to get the original air dates to make sure we do it right. I need a life.) and we're into Buffy 7 and Angel 4 and I'm remembering how much I love Faith.

BTW, my last quote was Faith to Buffy in Season 7 "End of Days"
prophecy_grrl
Bunny - is it Willow to Faith in Season 3 "Choices"?

I mentioned a few posts back that I went to a Buffy Sing-A-Long in Chicago, well the organizers have posted the upcoming spring and summer shows. If it's coming to your area, definitely check it out, it's great fun! (upcoming shows are listed at the end with links to the local theaters hosting the event)
bunnyb
A Buffy Sing-a-long would be so good. Sniff.

You were right in both posts that it is said to Faith but wrong character and ep (although I do recall Willow saying something similar).
bunnyb
*double-post to say that I was watching the pilot episode of Angel today (I've just finished re-watching season 4 of Buffy and the x-overs prompted me to re-watch some Angel now instead of consecutively) and Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway) plays a vamp at the beginning! It was the voice.
kittenb
Well, now I have to watch that episode.
oceandessa
LADIES!!! I hold in my hott little hands issue # 1 of the "official 8th season" of Buffy in comic book form.

It is brilliant! I have gone through it several times now. VERY different, but hot damn I can't wait to see where Joss takes it.

Go and get it!!
kittenb
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Mar 12 2007, 05:50 PM) *

"were you planning to slit my throat any time soon?"

This quote is giving me fits b/c it sounds like something that Wesley said to Faith in Angel not Buffy. I know I'm wrong, but argh!
bunnyb
does anyone know if the comic is available in the UK?

It's probably a popular phrase said to Faith but it was definitely in Buffy.
pollystyrene
Bunny, if it's not, I'll buy you one and send it to you- wouldn't leave you hangin'! I think the first run is already sold out but they're doing another run by the end of March.
bunnyb
oh thanks polly smile.gif. I haven't checked the comic store yet but will do at weekend; if not, found copies on ebay already (of course).
kittenb
wacko.gif Well, I can thank my middle of the night insomnia with the fact that I can finally answer bunnyb's throat slitting quote. It was Joyce to Faith, in "This Year's Girl."

Now I have to go and find an equally hard quote. I'll be back.
bunnyb
yay!
kittenb
"Of course you've got a 'bad feeling,' dude. You're tied to a chair!"
bunnyb
Xander to Spike in "Something Blue" season 4?

oh, or dead Forrest to Riley in "Primeval"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.