Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffyverse - all things buffy, angel-y and whedon-y
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
kittenb
Nope and Nope.
pollystyrene
Xander says that to Andrew in season 7; don't know the episode.
kittenb
I am going to let you have it b/c I know that you know the episode and you just can't remember the name. It was Xander to Andrew in "Bring on the Night."
pollystyrene
Yep- I'm re-watching season 7 right now, so it was fresh in my mind.

Gah, I'm officially a Buffy geek. Everything I used to despise. Thank you to Prophecy_Grrl for setting me straight.
kittenb
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 26 2007, 01:37 PM) *
Gah, I'm officially a Buffy geek. Everything I used to despise.

Welcome to the darkside pollystyrene! Insert evil laughter here.

Your turn to pick a quote.
pollystyrene
Oh crap, that's the catch. All right, I'll think of something tonight!

ETA: Okay, I'm going for an easy one, just because it's one of my favorites:

"You can't swing a cat without hitting some kind of demonic activity. Not that I swing cats, or eat - nope. Heh. Cuttin' way back. Cholesterol - morals. I mean, morals."
LoveMyPugs
*sneaks in just to drop a quick line*

Did you Buffy fans know that Nicholas Brendon who plays Xander Harris stutters IRL? I say stutters because stuttering never really goes away even after years of therapy. There is always that chance for relapse. Just thought you all might find that interesting. As a person who stutters and a Buffy fan I found it very interesting.

If you stutter or know someone who stutters you might want to check out these sites because they were very helpful for me in learning about it and finding a therapist.

National Stuttering Association

The Stuttering Foundation

Ok, I'm done! Thanks for listening!

*sneaks back out of thread*
pollystyrene
Please don't tell me I've stumped people...there's no way! You must have all broken yer typin' fingers.
starshine
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 26 2007, 05:46 PM) *
ETA: Okay, I'm going for an easy one, just because it's one of my favorites:

"You can't swing a cat without hitting some kind of demonic activity. Not that I swing cats, or eat - nope. Heh. Cuttin' way back. Cholesterol - morals. I mean, morals."

Spike to Buffy, Season 5, Tabula Rasa

Do I win???
pollystyrene
Nope, nope, nope and nope. cool.gif
prophecy_grrl
I know what it is! Clem says it to Buffy in season 7, "Empty Places" - he's fleeing the apocalypse in his red VW bug. I could picture the whole scene and episode, but for the life of me I couldn't think of the episode name - until I happened to watch it last night!

I'll get back to you with my quote - gotta think about it.
pollystyrene
Yep! You win....yummy sushi pajamas! That I haven't given you back yet because my mom's sewing machine is being uncooperative and she'll be back tonight to fix it!
kittenb
You had me stumped. I knew it was Clem but that was just a guess.
bunnyb
I was well off
prophecy_grrl
OK, I'm taking it way back here (yes, that's a hint) - "I may be dead, but I'm still pretty. Which is more than I can say for you."
kittenb
Buffy to the Master in the finale of Season 1.

I'll post a new quote tomorrow. I am on the run.
prophecy_grrl
*ahem* - episode name, please! wink.gif
prophecy_grrl
double post - sorry!
kittenb
Now come on; the only way I am going to remember the episode title is by cheating. You don't want me to do that, do you? rolleyes.gif

As an apology, I'll give an easy quote, one that makes me laugh every time I hear it.

"If we can focus, keep discipline, and not have quite as many mysterious deaths, Sunnydale is gonna rule!"
kittenb
Are you stumped? Do you need a clue?
tyger
Larry, right? I'm almost certain it's Larry, in...Anne? Fargh, I just saw that one last week, why can't I remember which episode it was? whyyyyy?
kittenb
And tyger gets it! Woohoo!

I have not bought the comic book yet. I need to call Chicago Comix and see what they have.

After years of mocking me ruthlessly, my best friend just finished the first season of Buffy. He seems so surprised that it is funny.
prophecy_grrl
Issue 2 is out today! I haven't read issue 1 yet even though I got the day it came out. I've been rewatching season 7, so I wanted to wait 'til I was finished (which I did last night!). Now I can read 2 issues in a row!
intensepushups
i miss buffy
tyger
i was right? wheeee! now, for a quote...

"Dog me. Mustard"
kittenb
Whistler in "Ammends", the Christmas episode?
tyger
halfway there...
kittenb
So is it Whistler to Angel in the second to last episode of Season 2?
tyger
oui, becoming, part one
kittenb
And see, this is what I do instead of working on my works days! biggrin.gif
kittenb
"Don't warn the tadpoles!"

I am having to work harder to not repost quotes I know I have used before.
prophecy_grrl
Haven't stopped by here in awhile!

kitten, that would be Willow in season 2, "what's my line" (she has frog fear smile.gif) - not sure if it's part one or two and I'm not certain of who she said it to, but it's gotta be either Xander or Giles. Hope that's good enough, 'cuz here's my quote:

"Whatever is causing the Joan Collins 'tude, deal with it. Embrace the pain, spank your inner moppet, whatever, but get over it. 'Cause pretty soon you're not even gonna have the loser friends you've got now."
tyger
cordelia to buffy in when she was bad

okay, mine:
sometimes i shouldn't say words
bunnyb
xander in chosen (last ep ever)

"What can I say, hmm? I was going through a phase."
tyger
jeebus, i don't know.

i just didn't want this thread to be on the second page.

oooh, who has read issue 3? oh my god! (at the last page). so do we think he was the glowy ball thing? i had my money on the glowy ball being rack, but now i'm not so sure
bunnyb
Angelus to Dru and Spike in Innocence.

Who wants to shanghai?
kittenb
Inspired by my current reading material:

"That's what conquering nations do."
pollystyrene
Ok, I'm not good at this, but I think I know the answer...I did have to look up the name of the episode, if you want to deduct points. I'm guessing Pangs, Spike to Willow and/or Buffy. When they're feeling guilty for fighting against the Native American spirit guy.
kittenb
You got it!
prophecy_grrl
Another reason to love Joss - read his post about Dua Khalil and world-wide misogyny in general: http://whedonesque.com/comments/13271#more
pollystyrene
That's a really great piece; I think it might be of interest of more Busties than just us in this thread....where to post? Hmm......
J'adore Biscuit
Okay I'm not sure how this works but I say a quote and you guess it right? (that essay was really good by the way)
"But I always have a jelly! I'm the one that says 'lets have a jelly in the mix!'"
I always thought that one was funny.
:]
kittenb
Oh dammit, I know who says that but I can't remember when...is it Giles in "The Zeppo"? I'll have to check...
kittenb
Hey! I was right!
Here's mine:

"I'm getting tired of superstrong little women who aren't me."
pollystyrene
Chicago Buffy Fans- I have an extra ticket to the Buffy Sing-a-Long at the Music Box theater for this coming Saturday, the ninth. It starts at midnight, I'll sell it to you for $13.75 (that's the $12 ticket price, plus half of the service fee I was charged)

Anyone interested? We'd have to meet-up there- the ticket is in the will call box. PM me!!
bunnyb
How I wish I could go... you Chicago BUSTies have so much fun; AND can manage to buy Buffy series 8 comic book. Hmph.

I'm re-watching season 1 of Angel and loving it wub.gif.

kitten, is it Buffy (wild guess there wink.gif) about Sunday in The Freshman? Failing that, it's about Glory or the potential slayers (yeah, I'm narrowing it down here).
kittenb
It was Buffy but you have the wrong seasons.
bunnyb
About Darla in season one?
kittenb
Nope. It's from Season 5.

Here is something for everyone's MySpace pages: Buffy Quote of the Day. You can also get one w/Firefly quotes.
bunnyb
I love you kitten.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.