Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffyverse - all things buffy, angel-y and whedon-y
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
bunnyb
Some trivia for you Whedon/Veronica Mars fans:

The guy who impregnates Cordy on behalf of a demon in Expecting (Angel season 1) is the guy who played Vinny Van Low in VM!

Doyle's death had me teary again; i forgot how good an episode that was and just after Something to Remember ... sniff.
bunnyb
Is it just me, myself and I in the Buffy/Angel love? (not to mention Firefly; I really need to re-watch it).

In an attempt to have someone to talk to, I shanghai:

"we should continue to pretend we heard none of the disturbing sex talk".
kittenb
Well, that was Giles talking to Anya in the 5th season episode where Xander gets himself split in two. No, you are not alone and I'll be back with a quote. Even if it is just you and me bunnyb...

x-posting in the Midwestern Mamas (sorry to the other Busties 'cause this is gonna be fun!):

In 2006, Browncoats in 47 cities around the world answered the call to hold "Can't Stop The Serenity" events. By holding screenings of Joss Whedon's film "Serenity" they raised over $65,000 for the women's rights advocacy group Equality Now. The goal for 2007 is to hold events in over 50 cities across the globe in late June, raising over $100,000 in donations.

Chicagoland Browncoats raised $2,600 with only 10 days of planning. We hope to top that number this year so we're starting early!

There are two ways to fight a battle like ours. One is to whisper in the ear of the masses, try subtlely and gradually to change the gender expectations and mythic structures of our culture. That's me. The other is to step up and confront the thousands of atrocities that are taking place around the world on an immediate, one-by-one basis. That's a great deal harder, and that's Equality Now. It's not about politics; it's about basic human decency.— Joss Whedon

This coming Friday!

What: "Can't Stop The Serenity"
When: Friday, June 22, 7:30 PM - Doors open at 6:30 PM

In collaboration with the Chicagoland Browncoats!

Pre-sale tickets for $12.50 are still available, but going fast!

Get your advance tickets, posters and more:
Chicago Browncoats

The main event website:
Can't Stop The Serenity

Advance tickets through the website are only $12.50. They will be $15 CASHY MONEY ONLY at the door.

Last year the Chicagoland Browncoats raised $2,600 with only 10 days of planning for the first annual Can't Stop The Serenity event! This year with our combined efforts we can raise much more, and give many new and veteran Browncoats a chance to see their Big Damn Heroes on the Big Damn Screen!

Due to the untiring efforts of just a few special people, our 2007 CSTS event is going to be a huge success! We have a great line-up of entertainment, tons of door prizes, an auction, and very cool memorabilia ~ not to mention the best fans on Earth!

So, grab your friends and family, and join us for a fantastic event!

You know I'll be there!
Arcadia
I know this thread is predominantly about the Buffyverse, which I totally love, don't get me wrong, but I just want to profess the deep sorrow in my soul that Firefly was canceled. I have the season on DVD and Serenity and watch it quite frequently. Mr. Arc wants to start a petition to bring it back but I don't think it would work; besides, I believe Joss said he didn't want to start the show back up again, too.

Wish it would come back, though! I loved Jayne so much it was ridiculous.
vesicapisces
QUOTE(Arcadia @ Jun 18 2007, 08:07 PM) *
I know this thread is predominantly about the Buffyverse, which I totally love, don't get me wrong, but I just want to profess the deep sorrow in my soul that Firefly was canceled. I have the season on DVD and Serenity and watch it quite frequently. Mr. Arc wants to start a petition to bring it back but I don't think it would work; besides, I believe Joss said he didn't want to start the show back up again, too.

Wish it would come back, though! I loved Jayne so much it was ridiculous.

Oh, but it's ALL things Whedon-y, Arcadia! You are not alone in your despair over the failure of Firefly to take off (pun intended) on TV - I'm afraid the series just wouldn't be the same in light of what happened to people in the movie, unless they slotted the events into the space between the original series and the culmination of Serenity.

What's your favorite episode? I think mine is the one where Wash insists on going along with Mal on a deal and they end up getting grabbed and tortured by the evil guy (whose name escapes me).
prophecy_grrl
Ooo - that's a good ep! Niska is the evil guy's name.

My favorite Firefly episodes are "Out of Gas" (where Serenity is running out of oxygen and Mal's flashbacks show how he and Zoe acquired Serenity and assembled their crew) and "Objects in Space" (Jubal Early - 'nuff said) - oh and "Ariel" when Jayne tries to sell out River and Simon.

I have to admit that it took me awhile to get into Firefly. I was late in getting on the Buffy bandwagon, but I loved it almost from the first episode. Firefly took awhile. I think the literal space-western theme was a bit clumsy at first, plus I'm not a huge sci-fi fan (though I recently started enjoying BSG, mostly because it's classic sci-fi, like Ray Bradbury classic, but that's another thread). Whedon just writes great characters and you can't help but grow attached to them.

I think another TV series or movie is unlikely, but I don't think we've seen the end of that universe. Probably a comic book - like Buffy season 8.
Arcadia
prophecy_girl:

I also love "Out of Gas" and "The Message" are my favourite episodes of the series. ALL of the episodes are my favourite, of course, but you know what I mean. I also think it was funny that they named the bounty hunter "Jubal Early" because he was actually a Confederate Civil War general and! distantly related to Nathan Fillion, or so I've heard.

That show was definitely the best. I am getting the itch to re-watch it, so I should get on that soon. I actually have 3 days off from work this week so if the weather is still shitty I think I will!
Arcadia
prophecy_girl:

I also love "Out of Gas" and "The Message" are my favourite episodes of the series. ALL of the episodes are my favourite, of course, but you know what I mean. I also think it was funny that they named the bounty hunter "Jubal Early" because he was actually a Confederate Civil War general and! distantly related to Nathan Fillion, or so I've heard.

That show was definitely the best. I am getting the itch to re-watch it, so I should get on that soon. I actually have 3 days off from work this week so if the weather is still shitty I think I will!
bunnyb
kitten, I finally got your quote! It's Buffy about April in "I was Made to Love You". It's still your turn though! (full disclosure: I only got it because I've been re-watching season five).

I have an itch to re-watch Firefly too so that may be next. My favourite episode is "Our Mrs Reynolds".
kittenb
Woops, sorry for the delay.

"It's magic weed."
vesicapisces
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Jun 21 2007, 06:35 AM) *
My favourite episode is "Our Mrs Reynolds".

Oooh, that's another good 'un. I especially like the part where Shepherd Book threatens Mal with bodily harm if he "takes advantage" of Saffron. (Saffron? That was her name, wasn't it?)
Arcadia
She had THREE names in the series!
Saffron.
Bridgit (sp?).
And Yolanda.

One of my favourite quotes from Firefly is when Mal calls Saffron "Yosafbridge" in the episode "Trash" because she's such a liar and just tricks men all the time. When he called her that I almost laughed myself to death.

Oh, Mal. I don't know who I find more appealing in the show, Mal or Jayne.
I do so love the boots and pants combo they wear . . . .
kittenb
blanche, you got it. Your turn!
bunnyb
Xander in Tabula Rasa, season 6.

"Is everyone here very stoned?"
bunnyb
c'mon, any takers?

had late night last night rewatching last 4 eps of season 6 - I forgot how much I loved that season, despite it being the darkest. I forgot all about Giles hysterically laughing in finale when Buffy tells him everything that's been going on. I love that man. And Spike, oh Spike.
bunnyb
James Marsters is going to be in Torchwood!
prophecy_grrl
bunny - I know the quote! (sort of) Spike says it to the gang in one of the last episodes of season 5 regarding Ben/Glory's dual identity - when they all give him that dazed and confused look. I just can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head - is it cheating to look up the episode name?

I really just wanted to pass on some exciting Whedon-y news. I was reading some reports about his appearance at ComicCon this week, where he gave some updates on current and forthcoming projects. You can read the whole article for more, but these are the highlights (to me anyway smile.gif):

- The Buffy comic will continue into "season 9" and an old friend will show up at some point (that person's identity is revealed in the article, but I thought I should leave it out, as it may be too spoilery)
- Angel "season 6" will appear in 12 issue comic form from IDW
- BIGGEST and MOST exciting - Tony Head and the BBC are on board for a "Ripper" TV Movie (pre-Buffy story of Giles) written by Whedon!

So, my quote is one of my most favorites of the series (and an easy one, I think): "My emotions give me power; they're total assets."
LoveMyPugs
Helly Buffy busties. I know I'm not a regular in this thread but I do love me some Buffy. I was just wondering...I'm planning on asking for a season for Christmas. What season is everyone's favorite?
Lilith
I'm actually dying for this:
Buffy Collector's Set
LoveMyPugs
Lilth - that looks like a great boxset. I'll show it to Mr. Pug.

Thanks!!!
prophecy_grrl
I got that exact box set about a year and a half ago (for $120 - the price seems to have gone up!). I had all of the individual season sets before and then sold them on ebay and replaced them with the box set - it takes up a lot less room on a shelf and it comes in a snazzy box and with a nice booklet.

Pugs, if you can do it, the box set is definitely the way to go, but personally, I can't live without seasons 2 & 3.
bunnyb
prophecy, it's been so long I can't remember the actual episode anyway!

I have the collector's box set too, and the Angel one. Seasons 2 and 3 are classic Buffy, especially 2 but after re-watching them all within last few months I hold a deep love for Season 6.

Now I'm re-watching Angel; I haven't seen most of the last season so I'm very excited.
kittenb
I think Prophecy Girl's quote is from "Who Are You, Pt. 2" Buffy to Kendra.

So James Marster is moving to Torchwood? See, here is what I don't get. America is so obvioulsy the center of the pop-culture uuniverse. So why is everyone else getting all the good science fiction first? We haven't even gotten Torchwood yet. It's not fair! tongue.gif
prophecy_grrl
kitten, you are so very close! Buffy does say it to Kendra (after Kendra says "Emotions are weakness, Buffy. You shouldn't entertain them.") and it is part 2 of an episode, you just have the title wrong.
kittenb
"What's My Line? Pt. 2"
kittenb
Yup, I was right! Woo-to-the-Hoo!

"I wasn't about to burst into glorious song about it myself."
Callani
Ooh I like this game... I'm such a total Buffy geek (and it's Spuffy love all the way *sigh* James Marsters)

Ok, I'm pretty sure the quote is Giles (I can hear him say it) but I can't remember the episode. I've clearly got to watch more Buffy...

Also, am so very happy about the Ripper series. I love A.H. - is it wrong I should find him sexy when he's older than my Dad?
kittenb
Is the Ripper series a definete this time? Really?

Yes, the quote is Giles I'll give a hint: Season 3
Callani
Oooh he's talking to Wes about them working together. Ahaaaa. Um, can't think of the episode though. Hmm Season 3 episodes... ok I'm plumping with either Consequences or Enemies ('cause they're the only episode names I can remember...)
Lilith
I don't know the names of the episodes either, but I can quote the line that came before it too! lol...

Wesley was telling Giles how the Council wouldn't be very happy at the idea of them "collaborating".
kittenb
Well, Callani was correct with one of her episode guesses (it was "Enemies") but Lilith impressed me with her remembering the script like she did. So I am just going to toss it to the two of you. Fight nice ladies. Whoever gets here first will be able to post a new quote.
You're both winners in my eyes. laugh.gif
Callani
Woo hoo! 'Twas me.

Ooh ok, one of the more amusing parts...

"It wasn't one time. It was lots of times. And lots of different ways. I could make sketches!"
bunnyb
Buffy to Giles about Giles and Joyce? In Who are You (season 4)?
Callani
Nope. Sorry.
kittenb
That really sounds like Anya but dammed if I know when.
vesicapisces
I know this one! But I don't know the name of the episode - it's the Buffybot, the one where Buffy's off on her vision quest in the desert and Xander and Anya see Spike and the Buffybot boinking in the cemetery.
Callani
vesicapisces you've got it. It was Intervention.

I *love* that episode, and the Buffybot... oh humour in robot form.
bunnyb
Hustle, people, we need a new quote! wink.gif

I've added this to my wishlist. The comics have been near impossible to buy here and I haven't read any of them so really looking forward to this. Roll on Christmas!
bunnyb
Could there really be a Serenity sequel?

All parts crossed that there will be!

*contains marked spoiler for Serenity lower down page*
pollystyrene
Everyone heard that FOX is no longer allowing the Buffy Sing-Alongs, right? sad.gif Greedy bastards.
kittenb
What? That's insane. If the company paid royalties and all how was anyone hurt?
I wish Joss had the rights to his own show. He really liked the sing-a-longs.

ETA: Here is the word from the "official" Buffy Sing A Long website:

Sad news today: Buffy (and all other Fox TV shows) have been pulled from theatrical distribution.

Criterion Pictures notified me last night that Fox has pulled the license for ALL their TV shows from theatrical exhibition. This is effective immediately, and of course includes Buffy and “Once More With Feeling”. This means that we have to cancel all upcoming bookings of the Buffy Musical production. Notice for this was very sudden and unexpected, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it will cause.
I don’t yet have an official written statement as to why exactly this has happened, but from my understanding the circumstance around the suspension of the rights for our screenings isn’t greed or anything like that - so please don’t use this as an excuse to lash out at Fox. Basically, the idea of presenting television shows in a theatre is so new that there are a lot of details that still need to be resolved around payments of residuals, deals with the guilds and unions, etc (I don’t know any specifics, but these are some of the issues that usually come up). Both Fox and Criterion need to fix some of these issues before they can continue to do any theatrical screenings.
I would like to state that the sudden timing of this came as a bit of a shock, and as far as The Buffy Musical goes, we were working to be in total compliance with everyone’s rules and wishes. We were always striving to make this official, and we even had Joss Whedon’s blessing at the L.A. Film Festival. To still be unceremoniously cut off is, well, it’s a bit of a downer.
So, is there a glimmer of hope? Well, if a canceled TV series can jump to the big screen, here’s hoping we can find a way to make it work the other way around. If Fox feels that it is worth their time to find a resolution to this issue, then they will certainly do so. If not, then we are back to…well let’s not go there yet.
What we can do is keep the Buffy Musical fanbase alive and let Fox know that we are here if they want to, you know, take our money in exchange for some Buffy action.
You can start by singing signing our Buffy Musical appreciation petition.
Let them know how much you enjoy the show, or still want to see it come to your area. If we can rally enough fanatical support (and who better than Buffy fans!), perhaps we can convince the powers that be to figure out a negotiation quickly because it will be completely worth their while.
PS - This doesn’t just apply to “Once More with Feeling”, but to the whole Whedonverse. If screenings of Firefly episodes are selling out, why not let them. I am just focused on OMWF for now because I think it is easiest to get this one through the door, especially with all the momentum we have built up around this particular show (loads of press, national tour). It seems silly to make it stop now. If we can get the musical up and running the rest are sure to follow.

bunnyb
"Buffy wasn't happiness; she was just new."

Name the quote!
prophecy_grrl
Darla to Angel in episode "Dear Boy" from Angel season 2
vesicapisces
I forgot I was supposed to put a quote up when I guessed one a little while ago, so...

"She had low self-esteem. And a homemade knife."
sixelacat
OH, grrr, can't quite remember the episode name, but that's Faith telling Wes about her prison fight....gah. *wracks brain*
prophecy_grrl
It's actually Faith to Angel in the season 2 opener "Judgment"

Sorry, but I am currently watching season 2 of Angel, so this all very fresh for me (it's part of my night time routine to watch an ep of buffy or angel before bed - sometimes just random episodes, sometime I get on a single season kick).

BTW - I'm sure everybody here is aware of the Angel "season 6" comic by now (general info about comic, not too spoilery) . . . Anyone know an exact release date? It's supposed to be this month, but my local comic book store didn't have the exact date. Personally, I thought the Angel series finale was near-perfect so I'm a little uneasy about the continuation, but I can't resist finding out what happened.

OK, quote "I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say, if all you're gonna do is switch back to brood mode, we'd rather have you evil. Then, at least, leather pants."
bunnyb
haha, prophecy, I watched that ep today! I forgot how great season two of Angel was; it has some of the best one-liners in the entire series.

It's Lorne to Angel in "Epiphany", season 2.

"You know what they say about payback? Well, I'm the bitch."
bunnyb
Sorry for double-post but this is worth it!

New Joss Whedon/Eliza Dushku show!

*SO* excited!
kittenb
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 26 2007, 11:29 AM) *

"You know what they say about payback? Well, I'm the bitch."

Is that season one, Nightmares?
sassygrrl
New Joss news!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797513...yid=14&cs=1

I hope that works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.