Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
lilacwine13
I'm confused as to who would wear that BK cologne; who wants to smell like they work at a fast food restaurant?

The site for it was scary, I now have a new reason to avoid Burger King.
jsmith
Get on yer orangebox!!!

"I believe getting your hands dirty keeps your mind clean."

"I believe you should always wear yer hat forward, except maybe when yer workin on yer truck."

"I believe walking through orange groves beats sitting in a doctor's chair."

Fine, I believe that being a simpleton doesn't help anything.
Please, no more dumbass Florida's Natural commercials.
humanist77
ERRRRR I want to MURDER the child in this commercial-it is NOT adorable, as so many people insist in the comments. Why would anyone not be irritated by that little brat?
pollystyrene
I replied in the comments there, humanist (mine's the one about the commercial re-affirming my commitment to birth control!) That is a horrible commercial. Perfect example of why I hit the mute button during commercial breaks.
ihateoly
That kid is homely. He looks like one of the Olson twins from Full House and remember how irritating they were? Wow. I'm kinda mean. I feel bad making fun of homely children. sad.gif
snow white
man, those baby olsen's really were homely, weren't they? i was just thinking that yesterday when i was taking a walk down memory lane by catching a few minutes of Full House. come to think of it, i think all the kids on that show were total fuggertons.

anyway, the burger king ads make me want to take a giant dump all over them, a giant vegitarian salad dump. i'm not a vegitarian but i swear i'll turn if i have to watch another vomit inducing "simon and garfunkel"ad, 'whopper virgin' ad or whatever corney horse shit their using to peddle their food garbage. i think the leaue of frat-boys are so receptive to that kind of advertising is because everyone else isn't. in fact, i know a lot of guys who would totally buy 'whopper scented cologne' just to be an irritating pain in the ass.
snow white
QUOTE(alluna @ Dec 16 2008, 11:14 AM) *
I had to stop watching daytime television while working at home because it pretty much bombards you with so many degrading trailer trash/grubby housewife commercials.

By 4pm I felt like I had a bad case of herpes, a need to go to community college, and soap scum that my neighbors all knew about. Boy, what a demographic.

lol
auralpoison
I hate that kid. I do. I know it's not right, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE that KID. I'd like to feel bad about it, but every time I see that kid it just pisses me off. I WANT to tell him that Santa HATES his whiny ass & he's gonna get a bear trap for Christmas for being so ugly & annoying. And that bear trap will snap off one of his hands & Santa will laugh about it & Rudolph will shit on his head with glee.
humanist77
there, there, aural-i hate him too. you make me giggle.
heh heh...unattractive children are funny laugh.gif
rubberdollz
Holy shit AP you are freaking crackin me up!!! Word.

So I think the sad part is... most people think kids are cute and they put them in ads to help sell things. Some of us can't stand seeing children in ads because I'd give it 99% of the time they are super annoying little f*ng bastards and you wish that at some point they would die. Or maybe it's me that hopes for that. Like after they made the cookies the father slipped some kind of drug into it and then the little kid ate the cookie and boo hoo... Santa is not coming because you are dead.

Most kids in commercials are not cute! They are annoying. Parents need to stop thinking their children have talent and can act. No they can't! End of story.

I hate those Olsen twins too. Little ugly bad actresses. Ugh... god were they ugly.
kittenb
On the other hand, it is nice to see a problem handled competantly by a dad. The dad even cooks!
jsmith
I was thinking, the first time I saw that commercial, that any kid of mine that acted like that would get the s**t slapped out of him. Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that whiner.
freckleface7
ok , I will do a Spolier and tell you this is a commercial (something not evident in the start) and it's kind of long, but I beg of you busties.. stay with it.
( oh, and I always thought the young olsen twins looked like baby orangatans)

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/videoPage.aspx
rubberdollz
Oh I saw that just a little while ago and I actually thought it was hilarious! Especially when the guy goes in to the review board and they are reviewing the "video" of him giving his wife that ab thing and his wife is like "oh gee... and I'm married to you." I bust out laughing!!!! hahaha.... oh if that really existed.

FF7... word girl. Those little girls did look like orangatans!!!!
kittenb
freckleface - that is HI-larious! I figured it was a jewlery commercial but I am so happy it wasn't for Jared's.
ihateoly
Oh, Freckle, you have made mah day! That was great! Orangatans! Hee! laugh.gif
jsmith
Huh.. On HLN they did a segment on that burger-scented cologne. People are saying that it doesn't smell at all like a hamburger.
auralpoison
So says an employee at NYC's famous Ricky's, "It's a combination of Axe body spray, TAG and this YSL cologne I have. It's one of those scents that's not sweet, and light at the same time." Still sounds like it smells like ass to me.

My grandparents ran a BBQ for years, so I find that meat smell oddly comforting. After working there for a while, my mom quit because she got tired of smelling like BBQ. It got into your pores. After they closed, my grandparents put their industrial grade smoker in their backyard & early every November people would start showing up on our porch with meat for my dad to smoke for them for the holidays. He loved it. But he did smell like a rib every weekend up to Christmas.

There is an insurance commercial that bugs me. It shows a variety of people talking about their insurance needs & one woman says, "I'd just like to see my *special* doctor once a year." "Special"? Don't you mean you want to see your *GYNO* once a year? Sheesh, why can't we just call a spade a spade? My own mother called the gyno her "yaya doctor" & I thought it was absurd.

And I still hate that little whiny bug-eyed kid.
jsmith
Apparently it runs for 3.99. There's no way it couldn't smell like ass blink.gif
alluna
Four words to describe my advertisement hell:

~"HE WENT TO JARED!"~

(AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!) Then the new one where they send the chick the goddamn text on her cellphone "Does he have any brothers??" Is Rudolph available to take a piping hot dump on these twats, too?
auralpoison
OH! JARED! I especially hate the one where the guy's GPS goes all Hal on him!

And what's so great about having a guy buy you the shiny, sparkling misery of others? I know some people are all sentimental about engagement rings & what not, but I'd be just fine with CZ, thanks.
lilacwine13
Because I really don't care if he went to Jared either, Target: Jewelry

My favorite line: "Because diamonds are forever...like roaches."
kittenb
I once told my boyfriend that I don't care what the question is, if he gets it from Jared's, the answer is no.

I had not seen the GPS ad. Kind of funny but still horribly annoying.

I love Sarah Haskins. <3
rubberdollz
I hate that cell phone ad from ATT where the people are typing on their damn cell phone and their thumbs are faces. That ad grosses me out. Something about those little tiny faces on people's thumbs that are clicking away is just sick looking. Ugh....

Jared my ass. If the love your fiance is based on how big of a ring they are buying for you... you have other problems.
freckleface7
QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Dec 21 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Because I really don't care if he went to Jared either, Target: Jewelry

My favorite line: "Because diamonds are forever...like roaches."

I think my favorite was " so if you're thinking about getting your girl a Car- don't. those are useful & we're in a recesion, so get her Diamond's and show her you really care. "

too funny.

rubberdollzz: those talking thumb faces freak me the hell out.
(ha ha. hahahahahaha. ) I'm laughing on the inside.
auralpoison
XPOST!

"Oh, it's all insanium in the cranium, dawg!" They should have their eyes gouged out.
kittenb
QUOTE(rubberdollz @ Dec 22 2008, 04:44 PM) *
I hate that cell phone ad from ATT where the people are typing on their damn cell phone and their thumbs are faces. That ad grosses me out. Something about those little tiny faces on people's thumbs that are clicking away is just sick looking. Ugh....

OMG me too! They totally squick me out. And the worst part is, my mom's partner asked for the Bob Odenkirk movie Thumbtanic for Christmas. So I am surrounded by talking thumbs.
xexyz
Fuck Jared. They have a new one on with a woman doing a crossword puzzle. By the end of it she and her friend are hugging and jumping around as if the cure for cancer had been discovered. *retch*

I've come to the conclusion that jewelry commercials are the most smarmy and annoying ads in existence. They actually make me pine for the good old days of ED commercials.

rubberdollz
AP... that is horrible! That geek boy saying that is just the worst and that the supposed typical, generic goth girl with something about the abysmal. Do you even know what that is? Take your black eyeliner and shove it!

Have you seen the jewelry commercial where the girl is deaf and the guy is learning sign language? He learned a new sign just for her so he could give her a dumb diamond bracelet. So what is the point of her being deaf and getting a diamond bracelet? Look ladies, someone out there may love you enough some day to buy you a diamond.... even if you are deaf. What the hell kind of commercial is that?
candycane_girl
The Best Buy ads where instead of asking for an item they ask the staff for, "Oh my god, I love this!!" And it's all about getting the best reaction because you got "the best gift". In my entire life celebrating Christmas, no one has ever received a gift that cause him/her to jump around and scream. And I'm very thankful for that.
crazyoldcatlady
lilacwine, that is one of the best target wemeens evah.

anyone see the whatserface.... dr. quinn medicine woman hocking some god awful personal design necklace? it totally looks like tits and ass. like, literally.

i hate jewelry commercials b/c the jewelry is inevitably BUTT fuckin' UGLY. Like, those serpentine multi-diamond necklace? why not just add in last year's juicy couture sweat suit and some fake tanner and call it a New Jersey Gift Basket?
hellotampon
Or that commercial for the credit card where the bank(I guess) employees are like, "Oh here's a good one... this man wanted to surprise his wife so we got him tickets to a concert!" and other "romantic" things.

Okay, right. In the real world these people would be coming home saying, "We had some real douchebags calling in today. They were all whining and screaming about their credit card bills and making unreasonable requests.... one guy expected me to pull strings and get him concert tickets, like I can do that!"
hellotampon
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Dec 24 2008, 06:34 AM) *
i hate jewelry commercials b/c the jewelry is inevitably BUTT fuckin' UGLY. Like, those serpentine multi-diamond necklace? why not just add in last year's juicy couture sweat suit and some fake tanner and call it a New Jersey Gift Basket?

laugh.gif
designermedusa
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't stand the PajamaGram commercial. It's a really sexist commercial about men buying their women pajamas for Christmas, and it makes me want to gag. The whole commercial is one big stereotype. Uh, it just bothers me.
lilacwine13
I hate that thumb ad with the fury of a thousand suns, it grosses me out.

Or that commercial for the credit card where the bank(I guess) employees are like, "Oh here's a good one... this man wanted to surprise his wife so we got him tickets to a concert!" and other "romantic" things.

That commercial pisses me off, and for pretty much the same reason, hellotampon.

missladyj
Cocl you mean the open heart collection from Jane Seymour that is hideous. Plus hubby and I agree that it looks like tits and a big ass on the bottom. gag me.
pollystyrene
You're right- it does look like tits and ass!!
bottleblack
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Dec 24 2008, 01:27 AM) *
The Best Buy ads where instead of asking for an item they ask the staff for, "Oh my god, I love this!!" And it's all about getting the best reaction because you got "the best gift". In my entire life celebrating Christmas, no one has ever received a gift that cause him/her to jump around and scream. And I'm very thankful for that.

Who buys their kids those kind of gifts anyways? Portable dvd players and cellphones and tv's and every video game system under the sun...stop spending so much freaking money on material crap they don't need
bottleblack
QUOTE(humanist77 @ Dec 18 2008, 06:47 AM) *
ERRRRR I want to MURDER the child in this commercial-it is NOT adorable, as so many people insist in the comments. Why would anyone not be irritated by that little brat?

He's very Jonathan Taylor Thomas-esque...freaky tan leather skin and crochety voice. Plus he looks like 12 and he's still whining about Santa. Man I hate commercials.. I remember in movie theaters when they first started to sneak the odd tv commercial in before the coming attractions...people were horrified and appalled! Now they make you sit through 20 minutes of car and cell phone tv ads before the previews and people just sit back and laugh at the stupid "cute" CGI animals selling them cellphones and "hot" girls selling them cars. It's just become normal to be bombarded by all that advertising, we've become used to it and desensitized. I guess it's true we can adapt to almost anything.
humanist77
pfff i still yell in theatres when they play commercials before a film. I paid $10 to see a movie, not car commercials!
auralpoison
Okay. I know Folgers has always had a thing about heartwarming holiday ads for their shitty coffee. The son or whatever sneaks in & makes a pot for the whole fam, whatever. The new one annoys me to no end. This little girl is running across the snow of her frozen Romanian village shouting, "America! America!" Some strange American guy that lives in her home has gotten a package of Folgers from home. He rigs himself up a pot of coffee with some cheesecloth & the Romanians stare on in wonderment as the American guy makes coffee & they all share. WTF? Coffee is one of the most highly traded physical commodities in the world. Why are these people so excited about FOLGERS of all things? And am I truly to believe that they don't know how to make coffee?
zoya
......probably for the same reason that folks here in europe LOVE nescafe. I will never wrap my head around that.
ihateoly
QUOTE(humanist77 @ Dec 24 2008, 10:36 PM) *
pfff i still yell in theatres when they play commercials before a film. I paid $10 to see a movie, not car commercials!

Yeah, I can't believe that movies cost TEN DOLLARS now! AP, I agree that the Folgers commercial is hella dumb.
hellotampon
I too hate the Folgers commercial. It's so condescending.
kittenb
Confession - I really liked the Jane Seymour necklace and I think you ladies have ruined it for me. blink.gif
ihateoly
QUOTE(kittenb @ Dec 28 2008, 11:33 AM) *
Confession - I really liked the Jane Seymour necklace and I think you ladies have ruined it for me. blink.gif

The Jane Seymore necklace looks like "two butts pooping into each other. Forever." Hee! laugh.gif
auralpoison
See, now I'm kinda likin' it because it DOES look like a big ol' booty & some tatats. blink.gif
jsmith
Those "Santa's gone Centro" commercials are sorta cute.
I, too, must confess to liking Jane Seymore's open hearts design. But I probably would never wear it - not because of what it allegedly looks like (I don't see what y'all are seeing, lol), but because I think it would look gaudy on me. I can't wear big jewelry.
snow white
isn't billy may's (oxy clean nazi) over due for throat cancer, or at least a sore throat? jesus, the man is taking over the domain of 30 second infomercials single handedly (with the help of his beaded family that is).
SUPERLUVER
ok, well i may have just been in a bad mood yesterday, but i saw a tostitos commercial that really pissed me off. this girl is looking at tortilla chips, and she says, '14 ingredients, thats more people than i invited to the party,' and then her thoughts go on and on and it is kinda funny. then, she sees the tostitos bag and says 'three ingredients!' and puts in in her cart. no fricking way do tostitos have 3, count them, 3! ingredients in them. nothing that sits on a shelf in a gas station has 3 ingredients in it. so, little detective that i am, googled it today to find out, bc i dont happen to have a bag laying around. (if anyone does, please check it for me, ha!) so, long story short, frito-lay is very sneaky and they say their ingredients are BASED on 3 things, corn, oil, and salt. also, my bf and i have a $20 bet riding on the fact that there is more than 3 ingredients, and their website nearly brainwashed me into thinking that chips are healthy laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.