Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
kittenb
Out Of Your Life. Everytime I see this ad, I feel embarressed to be female.
auralpoison
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jun 25 2009, 07:51 PM) *
This isn't a specific ad but it's pissing me off. Lately it seems like no matter what channel I'm on the program I'm watching is at a totally normal volume and as soon as the commercials come on the volume spikes way up! It's especially annoying because I usually leave the room when ads come on and suddenly the tv is blasting and I don't want to be the jerk in the building who watches tv at too high a volume.

I hate this as well. Drives me starkers.
girltrouble
add my name to that ad volume hating list, candy, and billy mays makes me go ballistic.
pollystyrene
It's become automatic for me to just mute the TV when it goes into commercials. I've got LeBoy trained to do it, too. It drives me crazy when I go to other people's houses and they don't. I've gotten some weird looks when I request to have them muted, or if the remote is near me, I just do it. People are just so used to the noise in the background that they don't even notice.
humanist77
I started the muting commercials habit! It caught on!

Kitten-I never heard of that service-the ad is stupid, but I've got a very pricey necklace from my ex (white gold chain, black pearl with diamond inlays) I'd consider selling to them :D It is pretty, but not really my style (I like jewelry a little more handmade looking), and it'd probably feel weird to wear it at this point, anyway. Out of Your Life might get you a little more than a pawn shop, hopefully~
candycane_girl
If I'm in front of the tv then I usually just change the channel between commercials. But sometimes I want to run into my room and do something real quick and I keep the sound on so I can hear when my program is back. That's why it bugs me when I run to the other room and suddenly Billy Mays is screaming at my neighbours.
TheBeesKnees
Is anyone else familiar with the Hearthstone Homes commercials? Because they bug the crap out of me :/
hellotampon
billy mays died!!!
hellotampon
That goddamn yogurt commercial where the woman in the grocery store puts the yogurt over her face and sucks it all out, then smiles and wipes her mouth like she just blew a hockey team. Gets my goat every time.
lilacwine13
I hate that commercial too, hello. If it was some really good Greek yogurt, then I could see it but not with some crap that's nothing but air and artificial sweetener.
crazyoldcatlady
then smiles and wipes her mouth like she just blew a hockey team.

HA!
candycane_girl
HT, I've seen that one too! It's so gross and the funniest part is that at the bottom in very fine print it says something like "Please pay for all products before consuming them".
auralpoison
Gross? That's got nothing on these Microsoft ads directed by Bob Goldthwait. The vomit one has already been pulled.
bustygirl
I just watched all 4 Bob Goldthwait ads. Too fucking funny.
bustygirl
But the best ad of all time still has to be this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU
auralpoison
We had a two week reprieve of Billy Mays. But his widow has given clearance to having his last two unseen ads released. I heard the first one early yesterday morning. *sigh*
girltrouble
oh god, it's been a sea of billy mays for me. gah. die again already.
Jezebel
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Jul 2 2009, 10:24 AM) *
That goddamn yogurt commercial where the woman in the grocery store puts the yogurt over her face and sucks it all out, then smiles and wipes her mouth like she just blew a hockey team. Gets my goat every time.

Add me to the 'hates it' list for this one. Nobody eats yogurt like that no matter how orgasmic it allegedly tastes.

The only good thing about it is that it inspired me to watch the yogurt edition of Target Women again.
girltrouble
the creepy palm pre ads with the faux naked blonde alien lady. why you turn your back on me? meh hate the commercial.
bustygirl

OMG! I was just coming here to complain about that very ad! It irritates me so much that I'll never, ever buy that brand. Who is greenlighting these fucking ads? Larry Flynt?
crazyoldcatlady
the goddamn old navy talking mannequins
jsmith
I'm really weirded out by those Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercials with the cannibalistic cereal squares.
Jezebel
Watching the Giants/Jets game last night reminded me how incredibly annoying 99% of the commercials that air during football games are.
Peaceful Cynic
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Jul 2 2009, 09:24 AM) *

Worst ad ever. Seriously pisses me off everytime I see it.
Who the hell are they trying to target with that crap?
snow white
the new fragrance from elizabeth arden called "pretty"...yuck. the commercial gives me a serious tooth ache. and a new one for "satin" from vagisil. i didn't know female luxury was sonnonmus (sp???) with stickey sweet. also, every and all commercials made for dark chocolate falls in the same catagory (ya, that means you Dove chocolate and green m&m chick).
Laura is Great
I don't watch TV that much anyway, so I'm probably not missing much.

However, last week I was at the gym, and for some reason they think we need a whole wall of TV to amuse us on the stepper rolleyes.gif

This commercial comes on that has a bunch on rowdy boys who look like they're all atleast 8 years old. They spill something all over the counter. Mom comes by with a big stoner grin on her face and a roll of paper towels in hand to clean up the mess.

I shouted "Those fucking kids are old enough to clean up after themselves!" People stared at me.
hellotampon
That Dentyne "friend request" commercial is annoying.
snow white
lol laura!

i also can't stand the Pruenia One commercials (dog/cat food) with the extremly Waspy old woman talking about her cat "Awthur" with a huge shit eating grin on her face like she's all proud she's put aside her normally snooty personality to let loose for these Pruenia One reps. anyone else seen this one??
epinephrine
Those stupid Dairy Queen lips commercials. Especially the "torrrrrrrrTILLAHH!" one. I want to run from the room every time they come on. Who the fuck thought that would sell food?
jsmith
QUOTE(snow white @ Sep 8 2009, 08:11 PM) *
lol laura!

i also can't stand the Pruenia One commercials (dog/cat food) with the extremly Waspy old woman talking about her cat "Awthur" with a huge shit eating grin on her face like she's all proud she's put aside her normally snooty personality to let loose for these Pruenia One reps. anyone else seen this one??

The one where she's talking about how people say she has the prettiest cat ever? I've seen that one. And it's WRONG. I have the prettiest cat ever biggrin.gif
hellotampon
I pretty much get angry anytime a beauty product commercial comes on, whether it be for hair dye, anti-aging cream, mascara, or anything else. They ALL seem to have this irritating, dumbed down pseudo-science thing going on. Hokey diagrams of "molecules" and grids don't do it for me.
auralpoison
There's a new one for Kohls with two women in the ladies room talking about how they saw their gorgeous, goddess-like spin instructor & how her Kohl's receipt fell out of her purse. She got such great deals at Kohl's they want to frame the receipt. WTF?!
snow white
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Sep 10 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Hokey diagrams of "molecules" and grids don't do it for me.

lol laugh.gif
hellotampon
I'm also annoyed by toilet paper commercials that talk about how soft and absorbent their tp is, and how many sheets you can get away with using compared to *the other leading brand* or whatever. I mean, really? I think we all know how to wipe our asses. It's not that complicated. And does softness really matter that much? In case it does for some people, here's a CNA trick: if you're finding that you're wiping and wiping and your butt's getting chaffed but you're not getting any cleaner, put a plop of lotion on the paper. You're welcome!

And actually I have noticed that fancy quilted "more absorbent" toilet paper not only leaves lintballs on my crotch, but the roll is gone in like a day.
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Sep 13 2009, 04:04 AM) *
I'm also annoyed by toilet paper commercials that talk about how soft and absorbent their tp is, and how many sheets you can get away with using compared to *the other leading brand* or whatever. I mean, really? I think we all know how to wipe our asses. It's not that complicated. And does softness really matter that much? And actually I have noticed that fancy quilted "more absorbent" toilet paper not only leaves lintballs on my crotch, but the roll is gone in like a day.

OMG! YES!!! I fucking hate the god damned charmin bears. I don't want to watch bears pooping on my tv. I hate it when they show them all happy and satisfied, it just grosses me out. You are a fucking animated bear, you just took a shit, not a ride on a sybian.

I'm a scott tissue girl myself.
snow white
i'm a cottonelle supersoft girl. ya, i totally get the soft lotiony kind. i admit it tongue.gif

ok, the eHarmony commercials have worn me down! i'm so sick of the same tired couples, esspecially the chick who owns the clothing store. i feel like she's groaning at me.
candycane_girl
What is up with all these internet ads about getting white teeth? There's that and the stupid "one rule to a flat stomach: obey". They both drive me up the wall!
hellotampon
Theraflu commercial... simpering actress takes Theraflu and is able to go out shopping with her boyfriend because she feels so much better now. How nice to be able to spread your flu germs all over town, you selfish asshole.
hellotampon
QUOTE(snow white @ Sep 15 2009, 06:45 PM) *
ok, the eHarmony commercials have worn me down! i'm so sick of the same tired couples, esspecially the chick who owns the clothing store. i feel like she's groaning at me.

omg yes. ENOUGH!!!!

And what's with the match.com commercial that says going out to bars to meet people is "passive" but sitting the computer in your pajamas picking your nose and browsing through match.com profiles is "active?" Are they serious?
girltrouble
i always see the match.com commercials, and think, really? if they couldn't find a match for you with a tv commercial and all this time, the site ain't worth shit. you're the last place i'm gonna go.

and i hate every freaking one of them. the jogging dad, the fast food dood, and esp. the horseback lady. GO AWAY.
jsmith
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Sep 18 2009, 09:38 AM) *
Theraflu commercial... simpering actress takes Theraflu and is able to go out shopping with her boyfriend because she feels so much better now. How nice to be able to spread your flu germs all over town, you selfish asshole.

Bahaha!

QUOTE(hellotampon @ Sep 18 2009, 09:43 AM) *
omg yes. ENOUGH!!!!

And what's with the match.com commercial that says going out to bars to meet people is "passive" but sitting the computer in your pajamas picking your nose and browsing through match.com profiles is "active?" Are they serious?

I saw that exact commercial and thought the same thing. The guy has it totally backwards. And that's why he can't find a girlfriend.
snow white
has anyone seen that oragel commercial whith the crazy ass intense woman "ORAGEL SAYS TO MY TOOTHACHE YOU'RE DONE!!!" lol, it's hilariously jarring every time it comes on
sassygrrl
QUOTE(snow white @ Sep 24 2009, 04:04 PM) *
has anyone seen that oragel commercial whith the crazy ass intense woman "ORAGEL SAYS TO MY TOOTHACHE YOU'RE DONE!!!" lol, it's hilariously jarring every time it comes on

That commerical makes my teeth hurt.
jsmith
Ahaha! I just saw the Halls Refresh commercial with the mom and the roommate. That is hilarious!
jsmith
Jesus H. Christ. Have you all seen the new Brinks commercial, where the girl is coming home from a date and her psycho ex boyfriend busts down her door?
Why do I feel like they're trying to scare women into buying their systems?
I don't think I've seen any of their commercials where the potential crime vic is a man. I guess they're saying women are incapable of defending themselves and have to have security systems. Jerks.
culturehandy
I remember the first time I saw that commercial, at first I thought it was about domestic violence.

Scare tactics work...sigh.
kittenb
I haven't seen that Brinks commercial but I can't say I am at all suprised. I have never seen so many commercials from one company designed to scare a buch of white, middle-class suburbanites. I think my "fav" was the one where the husband-type person ksses the wifey and kiddy, leaves in his suit, says hello to the jogger tying his shoes on the sidewalk and practically whistles away. The jogger, meanwhile, pulls his hoodie over his head and turns into "EVIL HOUSE INVADING RAPIST!!!!!" AAAAAGHHHH!!! and runs up to the house and kicks the door in. Alarm goes off, wifey freaks and answers the phone (this is where I'm always like, "Really?") and there is Handsome White Brinks Man Sending Help.

If they weren't so offensive I would think they were SNL skits.

If Brinks wants to sell me on their products, make a door so sturdy that when "EVIL HOUSE INVADING RAPIST!!!!!" AAAAAGHHHH!!! kicks the door, he breaks his ankle.
hellotampon
Ahh yes, the Brinks commercials. The house is always up on a hill in the middle of nowhere and it's GIGANTIC.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(kittenb @ Sep 29 2009, 10:17 PM) *
I haven't seen that Brinks commercial but I can't say I am at all suprised. I have never seen so many commercials from one company designed to scare a buch of white, middle-class suburbanites. I think my "fav" was the one where the husband-type person ksses the wifey and kiddy, leaves in his suit, says hello to the jogger tying his shoes on the sidewalk and practically whistles away. The jogger, meanwhile, pulls his hoodie over his head and turns into "EVIL HOUSE INVADING RAPIST!!!!!" AAAAAGHHHH!!! and runs up to the house and kicks the door in. Alarm goes off, wifey freaks and answers the phone (this is where I'm always like, "Really?") and there is Handsome White Brinks Man Sending Help.

If they weren't so offensive I would think they were SNL skits.

If Brinks wants to sell me on their products, make a door so sturdy that when "EVIL HOUSE INVADING RAPIST!!!!!" AAAAAGHHHH!!! kicks the door, he breaks his ankle.

Thank you kittenb, you just made me laugh my ass off. Any sane woman would be grabbing the chef's knife with such a rush of adrenaline she'd never even notice the freakin' phone ringing.
culturehandy
They're catering to the middle class who live in their gated communities, where of course every percieved "low life" is going to break into the home. Not to say that crime is isolated to certain areas, nor is domestic violence, but it's all playing up to fear mongering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.