Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
sassygrrl
Yeah Kay, Jared, and Tom Shane companies are all forbidden in my house....

I'm so frigging sick of the damn lash ad with Brooke Shields. Doesn't she have enough $$$ shelling toothpaste?

I'm also over the whole AT&T/Verizon ads. I like Luke Wilson, but I'm just sick of these stupid "map" fights and all.
kittenb
Ha! I frequently (enough) will say, "If it comes from Jared, the answer is 'No!'"

I did see a jewlery ad that made me laugh the other day. This guy is reading a poem that he wrote for his woman, all about why he loves her, what he feels when she is around, etc. Then the VO said, "Because you're not that guy, [insert name of jewlery company] is here." The company was Heltzberg or something like that.
hellotampon
The voice in the Hershey's bliss chocolates makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Blecch.

And I'm sorry but eating crappy hershey's chocolate is not the sensual experience they act like it is. I'm when most people eat it they are clothed, and not being molested by brown satin ribbons.
jsmith
I love that "Become an Ex" commercial where the guy jacks a delivery truck so he can smoke a ciggy laugh.gif
snow white
i luv that commercial too, i can totally imagine most of the smokers i know doing that, lol.

anyone else seen those Rapsody commercials??? omg i hate them so much. that guy talking about "Heavymetal" who works behind the cash, uh, the cashregister, i really want to bone "Heavymetal", i mean play this for him. wtf? where did they find these dweebs? and why didn't they film more than one take, it's a fucking commercal for your product not a homemovie about closetted dorks (or is it??). i just really hate that commercial.
sassygrrl
Yes that Bliss commerical makes me very annoyed. Mcgeek's always saying "Do you have an orgasm when you eat Herseys....?" It's not even good chocolate or truffles or a anything!!!
xexyz
It's for a good cause and all, but every ASPCA commercial is depressing as hell.
jsmith
Yeah, you aren't kidding. Nothing can make my eyes well up like an ASPCA commercial. Not even those commercials with starving children who have no parents.
Yes, I do wonder if I'm something of a misanthrope.

QUOTE(xexyz @ Dec 30 2009, 07:47 AM) *
It's for a good cause and all, but every ASPCA commercial is depressing as hell.

enfermera
so...one of the "newer" ads, the ones in the top right corner? it's an ad for romance novels or something, and it shows a guy with his face pressed up to a woman's bare thigh? every time i see it in my peripheral vision, it looks like a guy with a really big arm, and he is lifting it up to sniff his pitts. it doesn't really qualify as "!@#$%&* Annoying" to me, but i think it's funny, and wondered if it looked that way to anyone else.
auralpoison
QUOTE(jsmith @ Dec 30 2009, 05:21 PM) *
Yeah, you aren't kidding. Nothing can make my eyes well up like an ASPCA commercial. Not even those commercials with starving children who have no parents.
Yes, I do wonder if I'm something of a misanthrope.

I don't know if it's for the SPCA or what, but there is a really funny one I saw just last night. This guy sets some kind of wiry terrier on the side of the road & drives away. The dog looks at the camera & says something like, "I'm not a bad dog. No behavior problems, etc. Adopt from a shelter. And if you see Terry (former owner) tell him he lost his wallet." And then the dog picks up this wallet & starts shaking the money & ccs out of it.

I actually ticked one of those romance novels ads as I was curious. I read an excerpt of something that is supposed to have hot eunuch on eunuch action. At least, that's what it said in the warnings. Huh.
hellotampon
Ugggh I hate that restaurant commercial that has the woman ordering a vegetable, and her date's inner monologue gets all excited that he won't have to pay for some expensive dinner. Then she goes on to order a chicken entree and a dessert, and he freaks out until he sees that all 3 items are a cheap combo. It's the most overtly sexist commercial I've seen in a while.
jsmith
There's this one commercial, for geek squad I think, where the tech dude has taken over someones computer to install a program, and this girl is telling her boyfriend that she's installing the program with her mind. It's hilarious
Babsalicious
QUOTE(enfermera @ Jan 1 2010, 06:19 AM) *
so...one of the "newer" ads, the ones in the top right corner? it's an ad for romance novels or something, and it shows a guy with his face pressed up to a woman's bare thigh? every time i see it in my peripheral vision, it looks like a guy with a really big arm, and he is lifting it up to sniff his pitts. it doesn't really qualify as "!@#$%&* Annoying" to me, but i think it's funny, and wondered if it looked that way to anyone else.

Bahahahahahaaaaa!!!

I never thought about it until I read this and I can totally see it! I crap up everytime now! Its actually up in the corner now as im typing and and I cant stop laughing..!! Heeee!!
jsmith
Okay, seriously... I would not go into that dude's house. He looks like a serial killer.
jsmith
This geico commercial cracks me up. It's a nice change from those damned cavemen.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(jsmith @ Jan 5 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Okay, seriously... I would not go into that dude's house. He looks like a serial killer.

Hey, that's Will Clinger! He used to host a PBS show here in Chicago called Wild Chicago- they'd visit unique people, places, stores, etc. around the area and interview them. It was a great show.

Not a serial killer, as far as I know.
hellotampon
The Buy Olympia ad on this site is spelled wrong. They left out the letter "i."
auralpoison
I noticed it, too, but since it isn't as annoying as the rest of the ads & those Olympia kids are so wacky, I can overlook it.
jsmith
Has anyone else HAD IT with those ads where mom/dad is despairing over daughter/son who wants to go into the army?
Amber80
Okay. Please tell me I'm not alone in my anger over that TV commercial for the light Campbell's soups where they show women looking at weight watchers type frozen meals and the announcer is indicating that 310 calories and 8 grams of fat is just too high and that instead those women should be eating the soup, which has 80 calories and 0 grams of fat. Yay! Let's encourage women to starve themselves some more! That's JUST what we all need! I get angry EVERY time I see that damn commercial!!

Glad I got that off my chest. Phew.
auralpoison
Hellotampon, perhaps we are crazy or perhaps they fixed it, but the lowercase i is actually inside of the A!
Babsalicious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRXbK5UBCk

Ugh.
jsmith
QUOTE(Amber80 @ Jan 22 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Okay. Please tell me I'm not alone in my anger over that TV commercial for the light Campbell's soups where they show women looking at weight watchers type frozen meals and the announcer is indicating that 310 calories and 8 grams of fat is just too high and that instead those women should be eating the soup, which has 80 calories and 0 grams of fat. Yay! Let's encourage women to starve themselves some more! That's JUST what we all need! I get angry EVERY time I see that damn commercial!!

Glad I got that off my chest. Phew.

I've seen that commercial. Didn't think of it that way, but you're totally right.
When I saw it, I just thought "Who the hell thinks that soup is all the sustenance one needs?" I certainly couldn't live off of soup. Hell, I couldn't life off the frozen things they were slamming, either.
Bastards.
candycane_girl
That ad drives me crazy too! The fact that the women are horrified by a meal with 8 grams of fat! That isn't a lot. I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?
jsmith
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jan 25 2010, 02:01 PM) *
I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?

-3g
auralpoison
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jan 25 2010, 03:01 PM) *
That ad drives me crazy too! The fact that the women are horrified by a meal with 8 grams of fat! That isn't a lot. I mean, what is the recommended daily fat intake anyway?

It depends upon your height, weight, age, gender & level of activity.
auralpoison
An ad for something, fast food I think, has man dressed as a baby playing in a sandbox. Being aware of adult baby play really makes one pause & cock one's head when watching it.
auralpoison
Okay, I usually think Vice is kinda corny, but this fashion spread is really funny to the tittering fifth grader inside of me: Work Hard Play Hard.
jsmith
Wow... those guys are purdy...

LOL, I had to go back and look. Then I saw the, uh... hard part. I was so distracted by their faces the first time I looked.
auralpoison
Kia Superbowl commercial teaser. I hope it makes it onto Youtube quickly after the game as it intrigues me.
auralpoison
I am embarrassed for Megan Mullally for being in that awful "Turn the Tub Around" disco margarine ad. I mean, I know she's been guesting on lots of tv shows & doing theatre, but damn. Are financials so tight that she has to do that kind of hokey shit? Her husband is on Parks & Recreation & I know she's working . . . just damn.
jsmith
I know, when I saw that ad I was thinking "HONEY, you're too talented for that!"

I'm sickened by godaddy ads. It's really too bad that they continue to play the masseuse one now that the superbowl is over.
hellotampon
Woman eats all kinds of *delicious* yogurt, loses weight, and needs her clothes altered. Then proceeds to be super-condescending to the tailor who doesn't understand that when she says "boston creme pie" she really means yogurt packed with aspartame and artificial flavoring the only vaguely tastes like a creme pie. How is that supposed to make me want yogurt?

And what's with the ad for the cereal where the chocolate ice cream talks dirty to the woman who opens the freezer?
auralpoison
Y'know what really pisses me off about the yogurt ad? That the disbelieving tailor is played by Margo Martindale. She's one of the best character actors out there today. Dexter, The Riches, Million Dollar Baby, Iron Jawed Angels, etc, etc. It always bums me out when somebody awesome is in some shitty-ass commercial.
LuLu*Gazoo
two words... Booty Pop (for those who aren't familiar rejoice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4EvVErNhVE ) Hollywoods hottest trade secret? what did you trade in order to get this? If you want your ass to look like if has mumps , do we have a product for you! ... (we need a facepalm smiley)
hellotampon
Does Walmart really expect us to believe that the reason their shit is so cheap is because they pack their trucks tightly? Come on.
jsmith
I don't like those Zappos puppet commercials. They're creepy.
missladyj
the Toyota sienna ads suck. Am I supposed to hate those parents. Because I do.
auralpoison
Um, yeah. I totally think that anybody that isn't a hipster douchebag is supposed to hate those parents.
auralpoison
Some ad for toilet paper, Cottonelle, I think. Man leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & shaves part of his hair off because it's too rough. Man again leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & it blows up because it's too . . . explosive, apparently. Man again leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & it's okay because it's the brand in the commercial & it's juuuuust riiiiight. My questions: the tp isn't that far away, why doesn't he get it himself? And who doesn't keep at least a roll or two of tp in the head? I keep mine discretely on top of the cabinet, you don't even see it unless you look for it.
epinephrine
That ad for Ensure nutritional shake drives me absolutely up the wall. It's like playing that game where you repeat a word over and over again till it loses all meaning, only with smarmy ad-people smiling at you the whole time. That ad could be used for psychological torture, like the Sesame Street song at Guantanamo Bay.
kittenb
My questions: the tp isn't that far away, why doesn't he get it himself? And who doesn't keep at least a roll or two of tp in the head?

That was exactly what I said when i saw that ad.
auralpoison
I am completely creeped out by the CocoRosie ad on Bust. Women with facial hair don't creep me out per se, but the one on the right's "facial hair" looks more like she hurled blue candyfloss & some stuck to her face.
auralpoison
"Urban" Hamsters performing the Black Sheep in some kind of car ad. "You can get with this or you can get with that". You are glorified rats. Stay away from the Black Sheep.
auralpoison
Three women are in a man's office with a laptop while he is out of the room. His wife calls & leaves a message on his answering machine about the Trojan vibrator blahblahblah, so the women look it up on line to see if the vibe really has the goods. Of course, the oldest lady touts the finger massager while the others tut tut like, "Oh, you sly old girl!" The guy comes back into his office & the ladies titter.

First, this is a corporate environment. WHY does the guy have a regular old school phone with an answering machine? He'd more likely have something like a Nortel business phone & VM. Second, why is his wife leaving that kind of personal message at work? Innappropriate! Third, WHY IS IT THAT WOMEN ARE ALMOST ALWAYS PORTRAYED AS BEING INCAPABLE/UNEDUCATED IN THE WAYS OF SEXUAL ELECTRONICS? Yeah, I know plenty of women that are creeped out by sex shops, but isn't that why they invented the web? But, no, they learn about the Trojan vibratpr by "snooping" in a man's office. And why are the two women sort of shaming the other for having some knowledge?
vibrator
Adds for losing weight I can't stand, half of those ads are just designed to get your money and add no real value for most people.
snow white
ditto on the hamster ads, the song is annoying and the hamsters are stupid.

lately i've been seeing this psa type commercial for whooping cough and it's about thirty seconds of non-stop baby coughing. REALLLLY ANNOYING, though i suppose informative...

but i love the stella artois (sp?) commercial where the guy turns on the radio and it narrarates what the glass is doing, i think it's so cute.
auralpoison
I don't know what the ad is for, insurance or something, but it's a lady & a kid & a pig in a minivan. The pig is hanging half out the front passenger window clutching pinwheels in his little cloven hooves & he is squealing, "Wheeeee! Wheee wheee wheeeee!" all the way home. The lady & the kid look like they want to shove the pig out of the window. I do not know why, but the pig strikes me as being strangely amusing, as does the lady's exasperation with said pig. Huh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.