Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
freckleface7
I gotta say.. the swiffer commercial w/ the mariachi band singing Baby Come Back is just damn catchy & cute; the harmony's have stayed in my head in a very non-annoying way.
I am trying to go completely non-toxic w/ my cleaning products but that commercial actually could nearly nudge me towards buying them.
( & I <3 that song anyway, very romantic to me in a '70s kinda way.)

and the song that goes w/ the Pantene commercial?
&^)O)&**# ! gets in my head & plays over & over again & I can't just Stop humming it, I have to always get to that last High Note right at the end. >:(
treehugger
hehe...I may get run out of here, but that JC Penneys ad makes me want to go back and rent the Breakfast Club DVD, just for old times sakes....maybe that's what they were trying to do, I dunno.

It doesn't make me want to buy any of their clothes, though. Is that what they're advertising in that ad???

(severely hearing impaired here, and that ad is NOT closed captioned, but I still caught the Breakfast Club imagery)
snow white
yes freckle! thats exactly it, lol.
hellotampon
The Oxyclean and Shamwow guys are the same dude. He shills Kaboom cleaner too, and I think some other crap.

I hate that nutrisystem anne coulter wannabe too.

There's a Downy ad talking about how their detergent doesn't fade clothes, and they show the same dress on 2 different women. The woman that supposedly uses downy is slightly taller, slightly thinner, and has longer hair. sneaky.

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 30 2008, 10:49 PM) *
That woman is Jillian Barberi, Lilac. She was on some heinous morning show. I want to put her, Oxlyclean guy, & the ShamWOW guy in a rocket & send them to the moon.

And freecreditreport.com is from the devil. I hope the guy in those commercials never works again. In fact, I hope he's a server in a shitty seafood place for the rest of his life.

girltrouble
oh god, you know another thing that pisses me off about that nutrisystem commercial, is when she catches a football, and says "football. how many women can do that?" i want to slap her. how many women can do what? name a football, or catch one? fucking plenty dumbass, and some of them should kick your ass. grrrrr!

and can i HATE all the damn olympic commercials before the fact? particularlly the f'ing macdonald's commercials and coke or pepsi or whoever is "the official olympic sponsor of kissing my black ass."
auralpoison
Jillian Barberi better watch out, GT's gunnin' for her! I demand a a leather bikini made from her tanorexic, orange-y hide!

Billy Mays doesn't stump for ShamWOW, but he does stump a lot of other shit for Church & Dwight. The guy in the ShamWOW commercials looks like he just came off a three day speed binge. His eyes are shifty & he's lookin' all twitchy-like.

And there's a new FCR.com commercial where the douche spells out the web addy.
pollystyrene
I almost forgot about this until I saw a commercial for it last night....to complete the triumverate of annoying ads shown before The Dark Knight a few weeks ago (along with the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants trailer and the JC Penney commercial), they showed a commercial for Battleground Earth: Tommy Lee vs. Ludacris.

Basically, it's just more green consumerism. I haven't found out if those gas guzzling tour busses they ride around in are hybrids or not. dry.gif
hellotampon
Beneful "playful life formula" dog food.

The commercial itself is okay, but special food that makes your dog more playful? gimme a break
snow white
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Aug 6 2008, 08:52 AM) *
Basically, it's just more green consumerism.

everytime i'm in Target and see all those green t-shirts with green slogans i wonder if i've transported back the cheesy 70's.
roseviolet
GT, I hate that NutriSystem ad for the exact same reason. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

The OxiClean/Kaboom/etc. Guy is annoying, but the Shamwow guy seriously gives me the creeps. AP nailed it - it's the twitchy-ness & the shifty, soulless eyes. He looks like he got his start as a salesman by selling questionable substances in the school yard.

I found this great image on photobucket. I think it sums things up nicely. The youngin's might not get it, but I think a lot of you will appreciate the connection.

pollystyrene
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Aug 6 2008, 11:18 AM) *

I found this great image on photobucket. I think it sums things up nicely. The youngin's might not get it, but I think a lot of you will appreciate the connection.

OMG, that's hilarious rose....and so true.
kittenb
I saw a very funny cereal ad today. Some sort of Trail Mix Crunch. A dog is prepping the breakfast on a tray and bringing it to his human. The human is so pepped up from the great breakfast that he goes for a walk. Cut to: the dog sleeping in the bed, pillows and all. It just seemed like something that my cats would do.

Minus the whole making me breakfast of course. They just want me up so they can have the whole bed.
sillygrrl13
When you went to college, if you lived in the dorms, was your room as big as the ones they show on the Walmart/Target/etc. commercials? I know mine was NOT. My dorm room was smaller than my bedroom is now & I had to share it with a roommate. All that dancing & decorating those girls in the ads do? Not really possible. Retail fantasy land.

BTW, word on both the Breakfast Club Penneys ads & the Jillian Barberie ads. Pathetic.
kittenb
I had a shockingly big dorm room. The year before it had been a triple and it was a good size then. When I lived there, it was a double. If we had the door open, strangers would glance in and just gasp.

However, I know it was a rarity.
jsmith
This one is too funny.
deschatsrouge
When I have even the smallest stain on my shirt I actually worry that it's speaking obscenities in French to everyone. rolleyes.gif
auralpoison
Eric Violette. This is the name of the cocksucker in the Freecreditreport.com commercials. ARGH! A pox be cast upon your house, Eric Violette, a POX, I say.
candycane_girl
jsmith, I really like that ad. It's funny it it gets the point across that a stain is hard to ignore.
pollystyrene
Fricking irritating radio commercial for McDonald's with this guy with a doofy surfer voice who says something like, "So I went to McDonald's and ordered a Coke and I'm all 'ahhh!' and then I had a cheeseburger and I'm all, 'mmmm!'..." It went on from there, but I had to change the station or I was gonna be all "MUST KILL!!" mad.gif
hellotampon
This is more perplexing than annoying:

What's the deal with the commercial for this website?
http://89start.com/

First of all, the fox is very... muscular. More so on the TV ad than in the pictures on the site. It's weird. And then he says something like, "you'd have to be crazy- crazy like a fox!" Is "crazy like a fox" an actual figure of speech? blink.gif
roseviolet
HelloTampon, forgive me if I don't click on that link, but I think I know which ads you're talking about. Lots of people talking about the oodles of money they made working from home doing lord knows what, right? The creepiest thing about those ads is that the website changes all the time. Very rarely do you see the same website shown twice. Sounds like a scam to me ... which is why I'm reluctant to click on your link! wink.gif

And yes, "crazy like a fox" is a popular figure of speech.
deschatsrouge
Today Mrs. Rouge tried playtex tampons and was dismayed that they did not open up and dance around when inserted. She also said that they were like a luxury car with no engine "all the bells and whistles, but not do what it was supposed to" she said it would have been better to tie a knot around a cheetoh and put it in her cooch.
falljackets
deschat, even worse is that now i've a hankering for cheetos... eep!
kittenb
But, at least tampons won't leave an unnatural orange powder in your girly bits.

Well, at least they shouldn't.
freckleface7
that work from home commercial has yet Another web add of something like 60fun Dot com now.

and isn't it sly like a fox? I mean I know people do say crazy like a fox, but foxes are crafty I thought ? maybe that's the crux of it that they're actually being honest & the joke is on joe q americana for our ridiculous GREED.

I really hate that freaky glow haired elfin bitch (yes I did!) on the rooms to go commericial and I do Not want to see her dancing as it only gets my hopes up that I'll get to see her fall & hurt herself.
I hope to hell she isn't half as annoying irl as she comes across on tv.

= still laughing about dechats & her mrs laugh.gif =
hellotampon
I hate the commercial for being able to load pictures onto your computer, and it shows the guy cropping his girlfriend out of all the pictures of him and her and then taking all new pics with another girlfriend. I just don't like people who constantly take arms-length pictures of themselves with the same freaking facial expression... get over yourself.
Queen Bull
QUOTE(freckleface7 @ Aug 13 2008, 10:22 PM) *
that work from home commercial has yet Another web add of something like 60fun Dot com now.

and isn't it sly like a fox? I mean I know people do say crazy like a fox, but foxes are crafty I thought ? maybe that's the crux of it that they're actually being honest & the joke is on joe q americana for our ridiculous GREED.

I really hate that freaky glow haired elfin bitch (yes I did!) on the rooms to go commericial and I do Not want to see her dancing as it only gets my hopes up that I'll get to see her fall & hurt herself.
I hope to hell she isn't half as annoying irl as she comes across on tv.

= still laughing about dechats & her mrs laugh.gif =

i always think of the crazy like a fox commercial as ripping off crazy like a wolf. XD i totally never thougth of sly like a fox, but either way, our little cgi woodland creature is creeeepy.

and as a side note, do they have commercials for JG Wentworth everywhere? because his opera jingle commercial seriously makes me wanna throw something every time! i mean, really, they are just bad. they haunt my dreams with 'its your money, use it when YOU need it'. haha.
roseviolet
Hmmm. This is starting to get confusing! I've never heard anyone say "crazy like a wolf".
"Sly as a fox"? Yes.
"Crazy like a fox"? Yes.
See this link for a little info on the phrase: http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/2...ssages/298.html

The only "wolf" things I can think of are "crying wolf" and "hungry like the wolf", but I'm a child of the '80s so that explains that. smile.gif
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(Queen Bull @ Aug 14 2008, 03:48 AM) *
and as a side note, do they have commercials for JG Wentworth everywhere? because his opera jingle commercial seriously makes me wanna throw something every time! i mean, really, they are just bad. they haunt my dreams with 'its your money, use it when YOU need it'. haha.

Yes, QB they have them where I live , it seems they are parodying Wagnerian opera or something. It drives me insane too.l
kittenb
QUOTE(freckleface7 @ Aug 13 2008, 09:22 PM) *

"Crazy like a fox" indicates someone who is faking the crazy in order to fool other people. I have no idea why it means that but that's what it means. Maybe foxes fake crazy to freak out animals that are chasing them?
Queen Bull
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Aug 14 2008, 09:28 PM) *
Hmmm. This is starting to get confusing! I've never heard anyone say "crazy like a wolf".
"Sly as a fox"? Yes.
"Crazy like a fox"? Yes.
See this link for a little info on the phrase: http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/2...ssages/298.html

The only "wolf" things I can think of are "crying wolf" and "hungry like the wolf", but I'm a child of the '80s so that explains that. smile.gif

ha. confusing indeed. perhaps i just know weird people. XD
pollystyrene
Actually, I'm going to tweak your definition slightly, kitten- it's not so much that the fox is acting crazy, but that other people (foxes?) are calling them crazy. My understanding is that it's when someone is called crazy for doing something, when in actuality, their idea is quite brilliant and benefitting to them.

Here's the example LeBoy and I came up with- Ann Coulter is crazy...like a fox.

Yeah, her ideas are crazy, she's a total bitch, but she's a totally crazy bitch making millions. (I don't know if the "quite brilliant" part of my definition applies to her, but you get what I mean.)

I think the fox part of the phrase comes in because foxes are quite clever and methodical when hunting prey and generally get what they want.
deschatsrouge
I'm angry at the constant big mac commercials for wearing me down. Yesterday I have to have a big mac.
roseviolet
Polly, your interpretation sounds right to me. There's a craftiness to the crazy.

Remember a while back when someone complained about the ads for "Middle Man" during the "Gilmore Girls" reruns on ABCFamily? I long for those ads now. I far prefer them over the incessant ads for "Secret Life of the American Teenager".
freckleface7
does anyone here watch the Secret Life show?
frecklette & I do and I use it for one of those 'mother daughter ongoing sex talk' opportunites, but I gotta say, freck jr has Got the point now. she knows she can talk to me about it (knew way before the show, duh) and the show is o k, not bad for summer fare even, but no G Girl's.

the Lenny Kravitz Love Revolution commercial for Kohl's that's got michelle branch & a whole bunch of other near 'tween singers we've never heard of.
while lenny kravitz is of course cool in his own way, that he's like- Old Enough to be all their Father's disturbs me somewhat.. what kinda love revolution & gettin' in the whattever exactly is he meaning??
that the music gets stuck in my head (like now, damnit) is merely an irritation.
girltrouble
do you mean the secret life of women show on We, freck?
freckleface7
no, I mean the Secret Life of the (American?) teenage Girl on Lifetime GT.
how is the Secret Life of Women? I haven't gotten to watch it bc freck jr is usually still up & it's usually something I'm just not quite ready to talk to her about just yet.
jsmith
I have probably seen that damned Captain Morgan Pose-Off commercial 15 TIMES today. ENOUGH!
snow white
tiny plastic and flexible mirena is blah blah blah...a lot can happen in five years! learn a language, read a book (really, just one?), move...to memphis! but if having another baby isn't right for you blah blah blah. jesus, i got it. why are commercials for women so flowery and twittery?
mouse
i love how they say *another* baby....like you can only possibly think about preventing offspring when you've already had at least one or two...
girltrouble
secret life of women can be interesting.

i have to admit, i love the nike/marvin gaye ad. i think it's the only Olympic ad i do like.
i also love the jack in the box smoothie ad. it's so hilariously rude, you have to love it.

geekchickknits
QUOTE(snow white @ Aug 19 2008, 06:33 PM) *
tiny plastic and flexible mirena is blah blah blah...a lot can happen in five years! learn a language, read a book (really, just one?), move...to memphis! but if having another baby isn't right for you blah blah blah. jesus, i got it. why are commercials for women so flowery and twittery?

I think they say "another baby" because most doctors prefer to put IUDs in women who have already been pregnant.
lilacwine13
At least that one actually states the real reason for using an IUD--to prevent pregnancy. Most of the birth control ads don't even say that.

However, any ad involving tampons, pads or birth control automatically pisses me off, so I try to ignore them. Thank goodness for the mute button.
snow white
most infuriating; "have a happy period." i.don't.think.so. jesus
lananans
The Canadian Olympic ads are really bothering me. Brent Hayden is ALL OVER the television, and he didn't win anything, or even come close. "We're just as proud of Brent the photographer as we are of Brent the swimmer" suuure Team Visa. I believe you.
auralpoison
This is so awesome.
jsmith
I don't know if anybody else has mentioned those damnable MIDOL commercials, the ones where they say "There's a reason why they call it the curse" and "reverse the curse!" Assholes, those people are. I thought we had gotten past that ridiculous, misogynistic mindset that says women are cursed because they menstruate. FUCK YOU and your backwards thinking, Midol advertisers.
jsmith
Oh, how about the vibrating touch commercial? It doesn't annoy me, but I wish they'd show a better picture of the product itself. The one angle they show makes it look like a purple trilobite. Vurray sex-ay
auralpoison
HUH? What is this vibrating touch? Am I missing out?
snow white
QUOTE(jsmith @ Aug 22 2008, 09:19 PM) *
I don't know if anybody else has mentioned those damnable MIDOL commercials, the ones where they say "There's a reason why they call it the curse" and "reverse the curse!" [i]Assholes[/i

i hate commercials 4 womens products...i think they're all i bitch about on here. those and yogurt commercials, it's almost impossible to tell the difference between them anyway. oh, and those commercials for the cars with various "powerful actress" women listing they're favorite things (gossp mag, lip gloss, expensive shoes.... oh, and this car to blow the "boys club" out of the water). uh-huh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.