Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
candycane_girl
jsmith, are you talking about that Vibrel crap?
jsmith
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 24 2008, 01:04 AM) *
HUH? What is this vibrating touch? Am I missing out?

QUOTE(candycane_girl)
jsmith, are you talking about that Vibrel crap?

Here is the website for it. The commercial shows two younger women talking about it, and an older woman sitting behind them, listening. The older woman tells the younger women to buy one online, because "that's where I got mine!"
Now that I've looked at the pic on the site, I see it isn't in the shape of a trilobite..
auralpoison
Huh. Conveniently not sold in either CO or KS. Which seems weird. I bought a vibrator in CO before, why wouldn't I be able to buy a VT there?
jsmith
Yeah, I got a toy and I'm in Texas. Can't imagine what the deal is.
pollystyrene
I thought it was Alabama where you couldn't buy sex toys.
candycane_girl
Ahhh, ok, so it's Trojan which is owned by Church & Dwight. I remember finding that out a few years ago when I had to do an assignment for Arm & Hammer. I thought it was funny that in a list of their products, the vibrating ring part had a note that it was not available in Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia.

I know it's getting off topic but seriously, you can't buy sex toys in those states?
auralpoison
It makes no sense! I lived in Denver for nearly fifteen years & know for a fact that there are sex shops & that I have purchased knookie knickknacks there before. And Babeland delivered my Cone here in Kansas. So WTF?
sassygrrl
I've bought sex toys in Georgia before. Babeland delivers them to me as well. Did you get a hold of those "testimonals." There was one woman who was blabbering on and on about how her man hates foreplay....

jsmith
QUOTE(sassygrrl)
Did you get a hold of those "testimonals." There was one woman who was blabbering on and on about how her man hates foreplay....

Hmm... sounds like she needs to get a new man blink.gif
girltrouble
i have to admit i chuckle at the datin'.com add with the accordian guy. first he says it's nice for someone to love you for who you are, then next shot he admits he didn't have pix of himself playing the accordian in his profile.
xexyz
Oh my God.

(I saw this on TV a few minutes ago, and then found it on youtube to share with you all tongue.gif . I'm convinced the History Channel is trying to kill me. I suppose it's only fitting that it aired during a show about guns and shooting.)
humanist77
Ack, that ad is icky. Do they really think we'll believe that random guys on the street will admit they take that stuff? It's nauseating that no one in the commercial can say 'penis' they all have to say "that certain part of the male body" and the chick says it all seductively.
lilacwine13
I thought their avoidance of the word "penis" was hilarious, yet pathetic. What else would they be referring to, the knee cap?

Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(lilacwine13 @ Aug 31 2008, 09:03 PM) *
I thought their avoidance of the word "penis" was hilarious, yet pathetic. What else would they be referring to, the knee cap?

isn't it obvious? the thing that will enlarge to improve your love life? it must be your heart! or wait, your...arms? for hugging? maybe the brain...hmm....i'm going to have to call those extenze people for clarification.
xexyz
QUOTE(Christine Nectarine @ Sep 1 2008, 03:16 AM) *
isn't it obvious? the thing that will enlarge to improve your love life? it must be your heart! or wait, your...arms? for hugging? maybe the brain...hmm....i'm going to have to call those extenze people for clarification.

No kidding. It's so damn juvenile that they can't say "penis". I should get some of that and call them every day with a new complaint.

"Your product didn't make my hand bigger, how am I supposed to palm a basketball now?"
"Your product didn't make my bladder bigger, I'm still pissing every other hour."
"Your product didn't make my heart bigger, I still don't like puppies and kittens."
"Your product didn't make my liver bigger, four drinks and I'm falling down drunk."
"Your product didn't make my brain bigger, I feel just as dumb as when I bought your pills."

auralpoison
Doorbells! What is with all the commercials with doorbells? There's one for Smirnoff mojito something or other that begins with a loud doorbell.
freckleface7
I hate all those Direct Buy adds. the people are so creepy, they remind me of some sort of mafioso set up where the women are all cowed & rehearsed in what they say.
girltrouble
i hate the ads amc runs for madmen. what is amc gunning to become "spike tv?" i hope not, since that channel broadcasts some of the most moronic shows on tv. MM is a great show that looks at how sex and gender was dealt with in the early 60's. but to advertise it as "sexist!" "un-pc!" really does the show a disservice. a show like rescue me is sexist too, but it points up how stupid, inept and confused men are. that's what makes it great. to promote it as they do limits it's audience, who, judging from the enthusiasm on here, would be women too.

jsmith
Bahaha! Make a man larger? Heh, does he grow a foot taller, or something? Does he grow outward? tongue.gif
kittenb
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 1 2008, 01:45 PM) *
i hate the ads amc runs for madmen. what is amc gunning to become "spike tv?" i hope not, since that channel broadcasts some of the most moronic shows on tv. MM is a great show that looks at how sex and gender was dealt with in the early 60's. but to advertise it as "sexist!" "un-pc!" really does the show a disservice. a show like rescue me is sexist too, but it points up how stupid, inept and confused men are. that's what makes it great. to promote it as they do limits it's audience, who, judging from the enthusiasm on here, would be women too.

This is why I had no interest in watching the show at first. I thought it sounded horrible. It wasn't until I realized everyone here watched it that I realized I must have missed something.

I tried to convince my boyfriend that Extenze would make him the tallest person in his family. He doesn't find me funny. tongue.gif
freckleface7
QUOTE(kittenb @ Sep 4 2008, 10:28 AM) *
I tried to convince my boyfriend that Extenze would make him the tallest person in his family. He doesn't find me funny. tongue.gif

bahahahahahaha laugh.gif
emmmm
you know that one commercial where the couple is eating a popsicle and the guy's like "but it has high fructose corn syrup!" and the girl's like "and...?" and then she tells him something like "it's made from corn! it's great!"

seriously? what the hell?
candycane_girl
Argh, there's a new Burger King ad for their Steakhouse burger (just a note, I've tried it and it was fucking delicious). But there's a guy standing there with a dog and it's like the dog is talking to him and, well here's how it goes:

dog: Don't even think about it. That burger is for special people.
human: Um, who chose not to neuter you?
dog: Nevermind!

or something like that. It really pisses me off that it's acting like not neutering your dog is a positive thing. I know it's just a burger ad but seriously, there are already so many unwanted animals out there that this ad just pisses me off.
auralpoison
Emmmm, with all the negative publicity that high fructose corn syrup has been getting for the past five or so years (Think the Juicyjuice commercial with the kid in the gloppy costume or the one where the parents glop HFCS into the kid's glasses.), the Corn Refiner's Association has finally decided to fight back & those dumb commercials are their first salvo.

This is an interesting read: Veggie Boy vs the Corn Refiner's Association.

I'm weirded out by the new Microsoft ads with Jerry Seinfeld & Bill Gates at the mall. It's not really about anything (Surprise! That's still Jerry's schtick!), but for some reason, churros seem to be a big part of it. And shoes. And Bill Gates wiggles his bottom at the end. It gives me the chills to see that.
Jezebel
Those high fructose corn syrup ads have caused a lot of joking in my house this week.

"Rum...made from sugarcane and fine in moderation!"

"Heroin...made from poppies and...okay, maybe not."
crazyoldcatlady
i'm disappointed in the brook shields car commercial where she says something along the lines of "women everywhere are having babies just to get their hands on [this shitty car/suv monstrosity]"

i thought she should know better. unless it's some stupid tongue-in-cheek reference to her pregnancy life that makes no sense and i don't get.
pollystyrene
I think it is supposed to be funny, but I didn't think it really was, either.

I just saw one of those HFCS commercials....how freaking creepy and fake are those? Just like HFCS tongue.gif
humanist77
Do they realize those commercials will only make people actually go research why HFCS is bad, so they will be armed with a valid explanation?

Regardless of the chemical process, that shit just tastes nasty! yech! The taste difference between real sugar and HFCS is SO strong.
xexyz
Kind of creepy, but hilarious:

Pizza Delivery
Broken Down
Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(xexyz @ Sep 19 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Kind of creepy, but hilarious:

Pizza Delivery
Broken Down

i agree, funny and creepy. however, the male-centric language does bother me...do we really still need to refer to "the Orkin Man"?
pollystyrene
What's really scary is that's probably the least offensive of all the Axe commercials.
deschatsrouge
I too am disturbed by that, but it made me wonder if all his parts are made of chocolate...
pollystyrene
I'm pretty sure that's what it implied and I'm thinking that could cause a girl some yeast infections. blink.gif
damona
but just think of how enjoyable the blowjobs could be...mmm... chocolate...
mouse
has anyone seen that stupid fucking commercial where the home depot girl goes to lowes or something....and it ends with her lying that she bought a chainsaw because "my husband's a logger"...obviously a lie but i mean, why not just say "I'M a logger"? it would even be that much funnier. why's it still gotta be "my husband"? i bet sarah palin uses a chainsaw, bitch.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(damona @ Sep 24 2008, 11:52 PM) *
but just think of how enjoyable the blowjobs could be...mmm... chocolate...

Point made- okay, chocolate man rocks. laugh.gif
jsmith
Oh hell, that's what nightmares are made of..
auralpoison
Jsmith, your dreams are crazy enough without chocolate man!
lilacwine13
Chocolate Man's face creeps me out so much that I couldn't go down on him, even if he were made of Green and Black.
kittenb
Chocolate Man is horrifying!
mouse
yeah i'm just picturing chocolate smeared all the fuck over my face and probably choking and dying from crumbly melty thick disintegrating chocolate breaking off and clogging up my throat....nuh-uh. no thanks.
Christine Nectarine
i'm not a chocolate loving kind of girl, so it was disturbing AND stomach churning. ew.
jsmith
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 25 2008, 04:56 PM) *
Jsmith, your dreams are crazy enough without chocolate man!

You're not kiddin! laugh.gif
pollystyrene
QUOTE(Christine Nectarine @ Sep 26 2008, 08:28 AM) *
i'm not a chocolate loving kind of girl, so it was disturbing AND stomach churning. ew.

What do you mean you're not a chocolate loving kind of girl? That commercial says that women would do anything for chocolate....the commercial wouldn't lie...right?

tongue.gif
Christine Nectarine
damn, you make a good point. *shakes fist at self*
i should shut up and listen to what tv tells me. i'll try harder next time!
damona
the funny thing is, i didn't even watch the commercial, i was just commenting on what polly said. (but i lovelovelove chocolate!)
hellotampon
The Nikon commercial with Ashton Kutcher at the rich people party is so obnoxious.
jsmith
"You've always wanted to know who's on Match.com. And we want you to know, it's okay to look!"

I don't give a good-god-damn about who's on Match.com.
auralpoison
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Sep 28 2008, 08:24 PM) *
The Nikon commercial with Ashton Kutcher at the rich people party is so obnoxious.

Most anything with Ashton Kutcher is obnoxious. But yeah, those commercials annoy me, too. He's gotta do his part to keep Demi in Vanity Fair-style body paint, I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.