Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
roquelaure

(a newbie's recitation on home lasers tongue.gif )

i'm a hairy italian beast- my underarms were a horror show of follicular madness. the hair started about three inches higher than most people's, and went all the way down about two inches where the pit-curve stops- not to mention with least two, and most of the time three or four hairs growing out of one follicle. after trying every razor, epilator, wax, tweezer, and torture device on the market, and giving myself ingrown hairs and scars from picking at ones that just didn't want to let go, i broke down and treated myself to laser on my 'pits last summer. i literally burst into tears with happiness and relief when, after fifteen minutes with the esthecian (sp?) the rug i had been battling for 20 years was GONE. i mean- GONE- not a stubble, not a stray, nothing. it cost $150 for one session, and i only had to return for one more to get the ones that hadn't started growing when i had the first time done. a little more than a year later and i've had a bit of regrowth, which i either shave or wax, but it is only about 1/5th of the area it used to be, and very, very fine.

i wanted to get another session done this summer, and below my knees, but opted to go on vacation instead. so when i saw the new at-home lasers, i was intrigued. two hundred bucks for something i can use over and over again? hmmm... but then last week i started researching reviews. over ninety percent were negative- the hair grew back, burns, cheaply made, poorly translated instruction booklets, or flat out didn't do anything at all. which, once i thought more about the technology, makes perfect sense now:

when you get it done professionally, the esthecian has to do several test follicles to find just the right setting that will work on your particular skin tone and hair color. there is even a very very small percentage that can't be calibrated at all because the skin and hair just don't match what the laser can do. you can't just go in, raise your arm and go "yo- laser me, biotch!". it is a very specific "art" that needs to be fitted exactly to you.

because of this i don't understand how the home ones could work at all- even on the small percentage who say they have success (or are being paid to). maybe they happen to have just the right skin and hair that matches what the laser is set to.

okay, so what the hell is my point... i consider myself a bit of a "novice expert" on the subject of hair removal at this point in my life. i wouldn't waste my money on a home kit. instead, take the $200 put it towards one session with a pro. chances are you won't need more than two or three more sessions, and they can be six to eight months apart (long enough to save for more). I think places say six sessions every six weeks to cover their butts in case it isn't successful the first couple of times, i've only talked to one or two people who had to go through that many, and they went to cheap places. oh yeah that's one more thing- GO TO A PROFESSIONAL. as in a real live cosmetic surgery center. one that does "big" things like actualy cut-your-face-and-yank type face lifts- not the 15 minute lunchtime jobbies- and real honest to god boob jobs, not quick lifts. most of the time the esthicians there are also nurses or have had some sort of dermotological training. they aren't just chicks who went to beauty school and had a two hour special session on how to use a laser. make sure you get your money's worth.

um. the end. sorry- i am a radical hair removal advocate, lol. some people don't understand that sometimes it's not just for looks, but health reasons- i used to sweat like an eskimo in disney world before i had mine removed. thanks for reading smile.gif

pepper
wow, thanks for the awesome review! i have never ever seen professional lasering for such a low amount though, where did you go? it's large bucks here in canada unfortunately. a single leg treatment is about $500 and you need 4-5. *so sad*.
roquelaure

lol thanks- and this is over a year since i've had it done, i was shouting the glories of lasers from the rooftops to anyone who would listen to me for the first few weeks after i had it. i wanted to stand on the corner like one of those religion freaks, except instead of extolling the virtues of a god, i wanted to had out pamphlets and shout "have you welcomed the miracle of laser hair removal into your life??"

legs are more expensive because there's more area to cover. usually (at least here in the states/my area [pittsburgh, pa]) it is done not necessarily by area but by time. i believe mine was $125ish for 15 minutes? so it would make sense for whole legs to be about $500. the esthician estimated (say that fine times fast, haha) about $325 total per session for both my legs below the knee.

that's one of the reasons why i think it is so important to go to a really good, professional, place: the more experience and training the esthician has, the quicker it is for her to judge your calibration (less time doing test areas), and the more efficient she is at getting the hair out on the first "zap". and on top of it all, the more precise the zaps are, the better the chance it won't grow back after the first session, so you don't have to go to many more.

Aithinne
Hey all, I just gotta say, I love this website!! I've been frustrated with my body hair for years, and sometimes it impedes my life. I'm very fair-skinned, but I have very thick, very coarse dark hair on my legs and girlie bits, which makes a not-so-nice combination. Add to that the fact that my skin is extremely sensitive, and it means that I can't shave every time I'm in the shower. I usually have to let my hair grow out a bit before I can shave it again, or else I'll get ingrown hairs, rashes, cuts, and pain. Which means that I'm hairy most of the time. Add to that the fact that my hair grows really really fast, and the whole body hair situation becomes just frustratingly impossible to manage. If it's cold after my shower, my hair stands up and my legs get prickly immediately- right after shaving! Grr. But even if I avoid the cold, I'll become a cactus in at least 6 hours. I've been seriously thinking about lasering my legs because it's such a hassle. What if I want to spontaneously plan a date with a guy? What if I decided I wanted to go swimming just then? I can't because I have to plan those types of activities around when I can wield the mighty razor and fell my enemies, that blasted army of hair that never friggin dies!! I think I'm going to start saving up for the procedure, because it's really out of control.
sassy
QUOTE(Aithinne @ Oct 21 2008, 03:45 AM) *
Hey all, I just gotta say, I love this website!! I've been frustrated with my body hair for years, and sometimes it impedes my life. I'm very fair-skinned, but I have very thick, very coarse dark hair on my legs and girlie bits, which makes a not-so-nice combination. Add to that the fact that my skin is extremely sensitive, and it means that I can't shave every time I'm in the shower. I usually have to let my hair grow out a bit before I can shave it again, or else I'll get ingrown hairs, rashes, cuts, and pain. Which means that I'm hairy most of the time. Add to that the fact that my hair grows really really fast, and the whole body hair situation becomes just frustratingly impossible to manage. If it's cold after my shower, my hair stands up and my legs get prickly immediately- right after shaving! Grr. But even if I avoid the cold, I'll become a cactus in at least 6 hours. I've been seriously thinking about lasering my legs because it's such a hassle. What if I want to spontaneously plan a date with a guy? What if I decided I wanted to go swimming just then? I can't because I have to plan those types of activities around when I can wield the mighty razor and fell my enemies, that blasted army of hair that never friggin dies!! I think I'm going to start saving up for the procedure, because it's really out of control.

This sounds exactly like me! I'm fair with dark hair...my legs are so sensitive that I can only shave them about once a week and even then I still get irritated. I've been getting laser hair removal on my entire legs and vagina area since February and it's been going great. I'm almost finished and I couldn't be happier. You should go for it!
roquelaure
QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 8 2008, 09:37 PM) *
This sounds exactly like me! I'm fair with dark hair...my legs are so sensitive that I can only shave them about once a week and even then I still get irritated. I've been getting laser hair removal on my entire legs and vagina area since February and it's been going great. I'm almost finished and I couldn't be happier. You should go for it!

like the ENTIRE vaginal area or just the typical "bikini line"? i want everything below my eyebrows GONE. not for any fetish or sexual reasons- i just can't deal with it anymore. bleaching my face, the constant "5 o'clock shadow" on my legs, ingrown hairs in not so great places... the idea of shaving or waxing for the rest of my life makes me want to cry.
sassy
I'm getting everything down there gone. Even around the butt area. It's thinned out so much already and I'm looking forward to finishing my treatments soon. I hate shaving there! I'm 23 and I've probably been shaving most of my body hair since 16...I just don't like the feeling of the hair. What's funny is when I told my mom that I was getting all of my vaginal hair removed, she got mad. She said I would regret it later. But I don't really imagine that 20 years down the road I'll suddenly want a bush...
pepper
i can honestly say at 36 that if i had done that in my 20's i would regret it now very, very much. sorry.
sassy
That's fine Pepper. If I do regret it, it's my choice so I'll have to live with it. I just don't see it happening. I loathe body hair...at least on myself...so I don't think that is going to suddenly change. I hate taking a long time to get ready in the morning so the laser removal is mainly a huge time saver.
pepper
yup, that's totally right. i felt exactly the same way about my tattoo which i also regret very, very much. but i knew that was a possibility when i did it so i accept full responsibility for it. and all the piercings i ever got though those come out, thankfully. and the time i shaved my head entirely bald. oh man.
i'm only chiming in to say that i can totally appreciate how your mom feels. but it's your body. she's just naggin' at you 'cause she loves you and i'm sure she's got her own regrets over choices she's made in her life too. she only wants to spare you future pain. not that she can or anything but hey, trying is on the mama job description.
roquelaure
QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 10 2008, 01:13 PM) *
I'm getting everything down there gone. Even around the butt area. It's thinned out so much already and I'm looking forward to finishing my treatments soon. I hate shaving there! I'm 23 and I've probably been shaving most of my body hair since 16...I just don't like the feeling of the hair. What's funny is when I told my mom that I was getting all of my vaginal hair removed, she got mad. She said I would regret it later. But I don't really imagine that 20 years down the road I'll suddenly want a bush...

i have visions of being 98 and in a nursing home trying to get 20 year old high school drop out "aides" to pluck my chin hair. i'm 33 and have spent the past 20 years agonizing over body hair- i wouldn't regret it for a second!! what did they say when you said you wanted it ALL gone? how much have you spent on it so far? (if you don't mind my asking, of course.)
sassy
At the place I go to, nurses do the laser hair removal, so they have been very professional about me getting all of the hair removed. Nobody seems to think it's an unusual request...I'm sure they do it often. With 8 sessions for my entire legs and 8 sessions for my entire bikini/butt area, it's $2700. I did a considerable amount of research before choosing this place and they are very professional and their prices are reasonable for this area. I paid for a package, so I got a year to make payments (and I'm done paying--Yay!) and if any hair every grows back, they'll laser it for free. I'm extremely satisfied with the whole process and I'm pretty certain I will get the tops of my feet and my armpits done next. Like I said, I have been very no-hair for a while now so I do not think I will regret it. I just couldn't take waxing and shaving anymore!
dayglowpink
sassy- it sounds like your place is better than mine! I am paying more (although I'm also getting underarms), and I only get 5 treatments. I am really hoping that if it isn't enough they will be fair about it and give me some more treatments. I had my third a few weeks ago, and I haven't had any fallout yet, so I'm getting a little frustrated. I'm not sure what happened this time, because the last 2 times, the fallout was very noticeable in a couple of weeks. Also, I'm not happy with the way they've done my butt area. I have not noticed any thinning there, so I don't think they are being thorough enough. I was kinda waiting to see if it got better after several treatments, but it's not, so I'm gonna have a little talk with them when I go back the next time. I feel like I paid so much money for this that I need to be getting a little better service! The spa is trying to be some big fancypants place, so they need to live up to it!

I'm 32, and I did think pretty hard about whether I wanted to do this, especially my underarms. I didn't shave them for about 8 years, and I liked having the hair, but once I started shaving, I liked the way that looked, too. I had been shaving for over a year, and I finally came to the conclusion that my life's already probably a third of the way over anyway, so whatever. I am just doing my outer labia and leaving a triangle at the top of my pussy, so that will give me some options for hair, and I think I will be comfortable with it in the future as well.
hellotampon
QUOTE(roquelaure @ Nov 11 2008, 10:38 PM) *
i have visions of being 98 and in a nursing home trying to get 20 year old high school drop out "aides" to pluck my chin hair.

I'm an "aide" though not a high school drop out, and that was totally insulting. I'm taking it outside.
treehugger
I'm seriously considering a semi-major bikini area laser job. I'm interested reading these posts, how you went about your research in choosing a shop??
sassy
Hi Treehugger. I searched online first to get a general idea of what places offered and how many laser places were in my area. I then set up consultations with several places (got prices, met the staff, saw photos of results). I also asked around to get the "word of mouth" on the places I was considering. Ultimately I chose the place I did because the prices/packages are reasonable, the staff is composed of registered nurses who are very professional, and the facility is comfortable and has high-quality equipment. Since I'm going to be going to this place for the next year or so, I wanted to make sure I made a good decision. I also asked a lot of questions!
treehugger
eeeek. So, I did it. I bought a laser package and am going for it! I had my first appointment yesterday...I'm feeling a little bit "sunburned" but it's not bad. smile.gif
sassy
QUOTE(treehugger @ Dec 4 2008, 07:53 AM) *
eeeek. So, I did it. I bought a laser package and am going for it! I had my first appointment yesterday...I'm feeling a little bit "sunburned" but it's not bad. smile.gif

Good luck! The more I get into my sessions, I find that sunburned effect isn't as bad and my skin recovers more quickly from the laser.
mouse
what's the difference between laser and electrolysis? anybody have personal experience with either? i'm getting fucking fed up with spending money on waxing and waiting for hair to grow back in between. i always told myself i'd never spend big bucks on body-altering shite but i've already spent probably more than i would need for a full laser removal over the past two years of professional waxes.
treehugger
I'm using both right now...laser for the kitty and electrolysis for my Czechoslovakian chin. (heh). Electrolysis is more precise and leaves my skin more sensitive. I also get little zit-like things if I don't stay SCRUPULOUSLY clean for 3 days afterwards. But they can make the claim of permanence. Electrolysis is also suitable regardless of hair and skin color.

Laser, to be successful, you really should have dark hair and light skin. And they don't claim permanence, maybe because it hasn't been around long enough? I'm noticing that I have a few gray hairs in my kitty which aren't going to be affected.

Overall I am happier with the laser because it seems less painful, quicker, and less irritated afterwards.
sassy
The laser place I go to doesn't necessarily claim that you'll be hair free forever, but they do have a guarantee that says if hair does grow back, you can go back and have it removed for free. I have dark hair and I'm pale (plus I've never ever been to the tanning bed!), so I feel my hair has responded well to treatments. I didn't choose electrolysis because I hadn't really heard much about it I guess.
dayglowpink
I was getting electrolysis on my lip for a while. I didn't think the results were that great, but I don't think I stuck with it for long enough. Actually, I had a really weird dream about the lady I was going to that kinda freaked me out, and I hadn't really liked her that much to begin with, so I stopped going. It was really hard to find anyone still doing electrolysis where I live. I'd actually like to do it again for my lip and chin, but I've spent so much damn money on laser, I don't want to invest in anything else right now. I tried waxing the lip and chin myself for the first time recently, and it went okay, so I think I'm gonna do that for the time being. Electrolysis is really better for small areas. They stick a small needle in each actual hair follicle, so you can imagine how tedious that would be on a whole leg for example. I don't even know if anyone would agree to do that.
mouse
ok, that makes sense. laser for large areas. great, thank you. i'm actually textbook perfect for laser--dark hair & pale skin. my head, arms, legs & pits are lightish but the kitty is quite dark. i am going to research this is more detail.
raisingirl
When I went to the dermo to get a mole checked, I asked about laser. She said it's not guaranteed to be permanent. I THINK (I hope I'm right; my memory is fuzzy on this because I just filed it away in my head as "laser is not for you") she said that its success is also hormone-based, so if you get pregnant, when you go through menopause, etc., it COULD affect the hair growth on parts of your body that have been treated. So your hair could grow back. There are no guarantees.

ALSO, Mouse, this may be important for you to consider, too: you have to severely limit your sun exposure during the treatment.

In the end, I decided that I don't want to get the laser done. I know it's come a long way, technology-wise, but it's still too much of a risk with my dark skin and I don't want to run the risk of weird pigmentation and the potential mystery of long-term side effects.
dawn000
I have to say that when I found this message board I didn't expect an entire page of women talking about hair removal..

I haven't shaved anything on my body for almost two years and I have hair in places women aren't necessarily supposed to, on my upper thighs and stomache. I just wanted to put this out there for anyone like me, that you shouldn't feel insecure or ashamed of your hair or torture yourself by removing it, it's there for a reason! Now I understand that many of you ladies remove hair for yourselves, which is the way it should be. But I also read many postings where some of you talked about the men in your lives complaining and begging with you over it. I'm sorry but why are you with them?? It boggles me how men can nit pick over such small inperfections on our bodies when naturally we are so much more beautiful than they are.

I just hope that there are women like me who can learn to be secure about their body hair and expose men to it so that they are more accepting. And I hope that less women shave out of fear of a man's rejection, because I have been with several men who could care less. In fact, I think I've gotten more negative attention about my hair from women than from men. What's up with that?? It's just hair. It's really not an acceptable reason to be disgusted by someone or insult a fellow woman.
mouse
i don't think it's fair to be appalled that anyone would be with a man who requested a certain type of hair removal. i prefer the men i am with to trim at least a little; blowjobs are more fun that way. i don't think that i should be shunned as a partner because of that. incidentally i also don't find men with long hair on their heads attractive. it's personal preference. if you don't want to do it, sure, that's fine, but many people want to do things for their partners, and this can include hair removal.

also, just a tip, i see this is your first post so first of all FOR CHRISSAKE INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE NEWBIES THREAD AND NEVER, EVER, EVER START ANY NEW THREADS WITHOUT EXPLICIT APPROVAL FROM THE COMMUNITY FORUM and secondly if you plan to stick around it would probably behoove you to get rid of any other preconceived notions you have about what women on a feminist message board "should" be talking about at length.
bottleblack
To all the shavers..I was wondering how often you shave? To retain complete smoothness it seems I need to do it every day or two, but this often causes irritation and my skin does better when I wait longer. So it's a toss up between scratchy grow back or inflamed skin.. What is the norm for peeps?
culturehandy
Before I started sugaring, I did it every couple of days.

If you don't want to switch hair removal techniques, try using some tea tre oil lotion, it has amazing soothing properties.
loonydaray
heyyy i am venturing outside of the small boob thread biggrin.gif
because this thread is awesomely helpful!
what do you all suggest for razors?
and does the waxless remover (nair etc) work?
bottleblack
Personally I like men's razors like the mach 3, the more blades the better for a closer shave. Just because they're not pink doesn't mean women can't use them too! And I've never tried, but I don't think nair would be powerful enough to really remove all the down-there hair...unless you left it on waay too long...but I don't think it's recommended for use in that area anyway
loonydaray
haha i've never even thought about getting a guy's razor. but hey i guess why not?

hmmm nair just seems kinda iffy to me
culturehandy
Nair does make a hair remover for your snatch.
bottleblack
They do? Hm I wonder if it works
konphusion26
Dunno where this would fit. But - I've got tons of really dark, coarse, and noticeable hairs under my chin. I used to use a depilatory cream (which irritated my skin); Then I started trying to pluck the bastards instead of shaving. Now where I've been plucking, they've turned into clusters of very UGLY, very raw bumpy looking spots. Some of them are ingrown hairs I'm certain. I've exfoliated trying to get them to pop out.

I guess the exfoliation is irritating the area even more. I've also been trying to keep the area clean and dry, it just seems like its getting more tender instead of getting better. ALSO it itches like crazy.

Any ideas on what I can do to make it stop itching and make those bumps go away? I feel like a HAG. I keep my head down most of the time so no one can see it.

Hepp!
hellcat
konphusion- My suggestion for a lot of things is Tea Tree Oil, but that might burn your skin if it is already irritated? Are your tweezers clean? Are you at all interested in electrolysis, it might be worth the $ if it is getting all angry with other options???

I use a mens razor- a fusion. The blades are stupid expensive but I only really shave my pits, toes, and pubic region at random.
Today I was reminded that I am not 100% with not shaving my legs. I tried out an ionic foot bath and I caught the lady helping me stare at my leg-locks for a second too long. It made me feel a little cruddy but whatever.
dayglowpink
I use a Mach-3. I've been thinking about switching to something newer when I run out of blades. I usually order them on ebay. You can get a bunch at a time, and they're a bit cheaper than in the store. I usually shave every other day. My skin gets irritated if I shave more frequently, but I always have stubble, so that's annoying. I'm just hoping when I finish my laser treatments I won't have as much stubble, but now I'm worried that maybe I have lots of blonde hairs that'll still be left even when the dark ones are gone.
.eilleen.
I have seen the light, ladies (and gents): I've tried TendSkin and other anti-bump gels/creams, but finally found the best remedy: after shaving with my gilette fusion (yeah, the 6 blade one [5 on the front, and the little one on the back for more precision]) and whatever hair conditioner I have one hand, I use Thayer's Rose-petal Witch Hazel. It's amazing. I paid less than the price listed on that site, but I need a point of reference.

I also use it after OCM (oil cleansing method) as an astringent, I dab a little on a cotton ball, and use it too soothe puffy under eyes (obviously closed), and prior to putting on my kiss my face roll on deodorant.

Love it!
purplestain
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Some of them are ingrown hairs I'm certain. I've exfoliated trying to get them to pop out.

If they're that stubborn, maybe it's worth investing in a facial to get those ingrown ones out. Then afterwards you could maybe try using a really gentle exfoliant, like oatmeal powder, which I love because it's moisturizing too. Just throw some whole oats in the blender till they turn to powder, and you can mix it with milk when you need to make a paste.
culturehandy
also soak in a bath with sea or epsom salts, that'll pop the little fuckers out.
nik7121
Hey! Im considering laser hair removal for my legs b/c my skin is sooooo sensitive...if i shave more than once a week i get the worst irritation. Went waxing once, and every hair grew back ingrown; i went back to the same place to ask about it and the woman there admitted she had never seen anything like it (gee, that made me feel GREAT!). I got into using the Carefree Hair Removal stuff, and was thrilled with it for a few months until I started getting those red burns after 3 minutes.

So I hsvent shaved in maybe two weeks. Im thinking of using an electric shaver. I heard it doesnt give as close of a shave, but would it be less irritating?
auralpoison
I am going to weigh in here even though I am currently sporting my annual luxurious winter leg pelt. Pedicurist be damned, I'll not be ashamed!

Disposable razors & electric razors suck ass. When spring rolls back around I will again start shaving my legs with an old fashioned double-edged men's safety razor. The razor itself set me back about twenty-five bones & a new good quality blade costs about fifty cents every two weeks. I use Kiehl's Lite Flite & a brush to lather up (I know it seems labor intensive, but I really feel that speeding through shaving is just a bad idea. That extra few minutes leads to a closer, more comfortable shave. After telling boys this for years, I finally started taking my own advice.) & I take my own sweet time about it. I shave maybe once, twice a week & I leave my armpits alone because the hair in there can freakishly grow up to five hairs from a single follicle. Hair is better than lumps of ingrown infection.

Razor burn is usually caused by applying too much pressure to the blade when shaving. Easing up might help you a little, Nik. What kind of shaving creme are you using or are you just using soap?

Being a sista sure has it's dramas, doesn't it, Kon? Being that the hair shaft curves, we get those dreaded bumps. I agree with Purplestain. You might want to get a really good facial to clear them up & then start a new chinny-chinchin regime.
konphusion26
Yes AP, it does come with body drama that I could truly do with out. I agree with you on shaving the pits. I luckily don't have much under there, and don't shave them often. My legs are wolfing as we speak. That is not on my list of priorities in the winter. Nobody sees it anyway. Lord knows I haven't a professional pedicure in ages.

You all give such good advice. I have some medicated St. Ives Apricot scrub I've been using, and it cleared up the irritation. Now that the hairs have popped out and grown back (blech), I think i'm going to look into professional waxing every few weeks. Its just worth it to me to not have to worry about people staring at my whiskers. At this spa up the street, charges $10 for chin waxes. Hell I spend more than that in a week on trying new hair products LMAO! I think I can spare ten.

By the way, my mom just gave me an awesome razor Schick Quattro for Women... it works like a charm if I'd only use it! I've never had a better leg shave in my life. I actually use it for my pits too but not as much.
Nadia
if a man would wanna go out wit a woman dat don't shave he would go out with a man
girltrouble
god nadia, your stupidity is giving me an eye twitch.
konphusion26
QUOTE(Nadia @ Feb 2 2009, 01:52 PM) *
if a man would wanna go out wit a woman dat don't shave he would go out with a man

Well here's a thought Nadia...

How about you go play in traffic?? If you aren't going to add anything to the conversation other than high school-esque stupidity - you need to MOVE ON! That kind of crap isn't accepted here.
culturehandy
I'm sorry, but were those strung together words an attempt and Engrish??

Kon, bwaaahahahahahaha. I heart you.
auralpoison
I'll see your Engrish & raise you outmoded patriarchal standards of feminine grooming.
culturehandy
Bwwwaaahahahahahaha.

AP, I want to have your babies, but first I must go sugar my hooha. Oh wait, I already had it done. I MUST be bowing down to the patriarchy!!
angie_21
I use a Venus 4 blade and shave probably twice a week. There is minor stubble in between, but if a guy complains about that he is going too far. There was a year where I used to go out and get full brazilian waxes, but it was too expensive and there were always so many hairs that grew out a week later that it just wasn't worth it. In the summer I wax that full frontal area myself now, but I can't quite bring myself to put wax directly on the coochie. Too scary.

It is funny that I saw the Vagina Monolgues yesterday, which was great, but the very first monologue was about hair and said that "you can't love a vagina without loving hair." Honestly. I could counter that idea by saying, how can you love it if you haven't at least once given it a full shave or waxing, and been able to see the whole thing in all it's glory? It's not suppression of blah blah and whatever, or about hair being gross, it's about making everything more visible and out there. And it can breathe better without all that hair in the way.

However.. I have a reeaaaallly stubborn ingrown right at the top of my thigh. It is fully below the skin and doesn't even get infected or irritated, it's just a dark hair sitting there but impossible to get at. It's been there for 2 months. I've tried exfoliating cloths, but will oatmeal and face-masks really help? Has anyone else solved this problem before?
solaria
i have to admit: i haven't shaved my legs or armpits or bikini area in going on six years. i trim my pits with scissors if i'm going somewhere fancy sleeveless, and i opt for cut boyshort bathing suits and undies. i definitely appreciate the aesthetic of shaved legs--if i had darker hair i probly would shave or wax them, but i kind of like the way the hair looks. i think armpit hair is sexy too. i don't know, i think i'm also just too lazy to deal with it.
i do however, tweeze my eyebrows and pluck any dark chin hairs that come around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.