Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
lapis
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 3 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Changing partners is great and everything, however, how do you "Divorce" the love of your life because you have re-occuring BV.

"Sorry, son, daughter, I have to leave your father because I have BV." Hmmmm, no, I don't think so.

I totally understand that we have different experiences of both suffering and healing--just wanted to share my experience as one version. Of course, the option of changing partners is not available for everyone, so I wish everyone luck in finding something that works within their life circumstances. For me, my physical health tends to work in tendem with other aspects of my life, and an unhealthy relationship contributed to my dis-ease. But there isn't a standard, easy cure that works for everyone...Anyway, if the bv had continued after the baking soda douche, the next steps for me would have been: 1. culturing the bacteria to determine exactly what it is and using a targeted medication based on that culture 2.treating my partner (because men can harbor the bacteria though it's rare). It's a totally rough experience and I sympathize...
jewelscando
lapis: I understand. I too have had my partner treated, with no avail. I wasn't being a smart ass, just so you know. As we all have learned, everyone has to do what works for them. What works for me, may not work for you.

Anyways, all seems good with the trial of entering the Flagyl in last night. I'm going to do the same tonight. I think it might have WORKED!!!

I'll update tomorrow or the next day!!!
pianogirl
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 3 2007, 09:58 PM) *

lapis: I understand. I too have had my partner treated, with no avail. I wasn't being a smart ass, just so you know. As we all have learned, everyone has to do what works for them. What works for me, may not work for you.

Anyways, all seems good with the trial of entering the Flagyl in last night. I'm going to do the same tonight. I think it might have WORKED!!!

I'll update tomorrow or the next day!!!

I had my partner treated too and it didnt work this was a few months ago.....he is also circumsized.

Jewls please keep up posted on your progress...as for me I am still doing the estroil but am inserting a boric in the morning to keep the smell at bay smile.gif
debbie32404
It has been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to let you know about a product I found on-line that I have been using over the past two weeks. It has reduced my symptoms of Yeast and BV dramatically, something all the potions, lotions, creams and spinal blocks have not. It is called Multi-Gyn Gel. It was fomulated in the Netherlands and is made by BioClin. It is easy to use, not too messy and eases the itch, smell, discomfort and overall embarassing feeling that something is not quite right 'down there'. It is reasonably priced ($15.75, although I would not have cared if it was $100) and the service is good. It is a gel that you use twice a day to start with and then downgrade to once a day. You can find them at www.multigyn.com. Just thought I would share this.
jewelscando
Ok ladies, smell is gone. Had sex today, even though I probably shouldn't have, but, had to, and there wasn't even a hint of smell. WHAT SO EVER!!

I will do 1 more dose of the Flagyl tonight, and see what happens the rest of this week. But, needless to say, it did work. Just have no idea for how long.

Eralc Alegna
I just love that this board has finally attracted the trolls. As if we don't have enough bullshit to sift through already.... WAY TO TRY TO CAPITALISE ON OUR SUFFERING!

And, um, lapis? i think you might be a little confused. If this worked for you than great, I'm happy for you! But the problem here is not that we're TOO acidic, we're not acidic enough. If your baking soda cure is meant to neutralise the pH of our vaginas than I for one will pass this one up
lapis
Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to capitalize on anyone's suffering--I remember being sick for a long time and was trying to offer up some shortcuts. Despite their inaccuracy, my comments were well-intentioned, so I won't post unless I know what I am really talking about. It seems like my bv morphed into vaginitis along the way, so the longterm solution for me addressed high acidity--which is inconsistent with bv. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Eralc, and sorry if I failed to contribute in a positive way. Sorry and good luck.
D double U
Jewels was this oral flagyl or the gel. I think I saw someone on here post that inserted the oral flagyl is effective. Im trying to get it online.....
jewelscando
Oral Flagyl. NOT THE GEL. Seems to be working, however, I'm stupid and had sex yesterday. Now I feel like maybe a yeast infection is coming on. But, could just be raw from sex, since it had been over a month for me.

I did not do another pill last night, just because I wanted to wait one more day. I will definatley do one tonight, then leave it alone for the rest of the week. I will let you all know the outcome. I'm using 500MG. Oh, and there's no annoying discharge like with the Boric.
D double U
Thanx so much. I've tried so many things and im tired of being frustrated and feeling hopeless. Part of me wants to just give up and face the fact that this shit will be here for life. I dunno I'm going through a rough time; BV only makes it 10 times worse sad.gif
deprime
Sorry to report it, but the Estroil isn't working for me (I hope it's working for others, though).

When I go back to the doc, I'll get some more Flagyl to try.

(btw -- one time, a GYN gave me a tube of stuff called Trimo-San -- she said it's what BV used to be treated with... Trimo-San is a good quick fix for me, but it gives me horrible yeast infections...) Jewels & everyone: let's keep our fingers crossed for the Flagyl!
anitsirhc
hi, my name is christina and i've read this forum a few times. i've been trying to get rid of bv since august, my doctors say it goes away and comes back but honestly i don't feel like it ever goes away. but then again, i can't really tell when i have it except for some yellowish discharge. anyway, i've been on clindesse twice, flagyl 3 times and metrogel once. and nothing has worked. and of course i've had yeast infections from all the antibiotics. i'm on flagyl right now, i can't tell if it's going away or not but i'm really itchy so i'm going to guess i have a yeast infection even though i've been taking a lot of acidophylus (not sure if i spelled that right) and drinking cranberry juice.

i HATE flagyl! it makes me feel so crappy, this is the last time i'm taking it because i know it can't be good to be taking all these antibiotics over and over again. my doctor prescribed me 500mg 3 times a day last time (i'm not going to him anymore) and i was puking my brains out because he gave me too much.

i've read about the boric acid a bunch of times and i think i'm ready to try it. i'm a little scared though cause i want to make sure i get the right stuff. and how much/when to use it. i have 3 more days of the flagyl so i'm thinking i'll take it when i'm done with it and then again after i get my period. i read that you need empty gel capsules. are there a certain kind that are safe to put up into your vagina or do i just look for "empty gelatin capsules." and i've also read to use size 0 and size 00. so i figured i'd ask since i read that a lot of you have used it and been successful.

i'm really sick of this. it's making me depressed. it's ruining my sex life and i feel like i'm constantly on medicine that makes me feel crappy. i'm ready to get rid of it. it's nice to be able to talk to people who understand.

ok sorry for such a long post and thanks for your help in advance!!! smile.gif
anitsirhc
found this and thought i would fill it out since i'm new...

1. age? 21

2. how long have you been battling BV? about 6 months

3. married/ LT relationship or sexually active with more than 1 partner or not sexually active or other? LT relationship

4. main symptoms?. a lot of discharge and a little smell... not fishy though. i can't really describe what it smells like. the first thought that comes to mind is glue even though that's really weird haha.

5. rate odor on scale 1-10 1-being no smell at all 10- horrific: 4, unless i'm doing a lot (like at the gym) then i smell it more.

6. rate discharge 1-10 1- being normal vaginal discharge 10- extreme: depends on what i'm doing, if i sit around all day i would say about a 4 but if i go to the gym it's definitely a 10.

7. what have you tried to get rid of BV? clindesse twice, metrogel once, flagyl 3 times but i had to stop it halfway through once because it was making me sick, which was when i went on the metrogel.

8. what do you think originally caused your BV? i have no idea. i didn't even know i had it until i had my pap smear and my doctor called me back to tell me i had it. it seems like it's just been worse since then.

9. what birth control are you using, if any? right now i'm on yaz but i'm switching to ortho tri cyclen lo next month.

10. how many drs. have you been to regarding this problem and you experiences? 3

11. thongs or regular panties? it used to be thongs all the time until this happened, i almost always wear regular panties now unless i need to wear a thong. even then i try not to.
Eralc Alegna
QUOTE(lapis @ Feb 5 2007, 12:31 PM) *

Sorry everyone. I wasn't trying to capitalize on anyone's suffering--I remember being sick for a long time and was trying to offer up some shortcuts. Despite their inaccuracy, my comments were well-intentioned, so I won't post unless I know what I am really talking about. It seems like my bv morphed into vaginitis along the way, so the longterm solution for me addressed high acidity--which is inconsistent with bv. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Eralc, and sorry if I failed to contribute in a positive way. Sorry and good luck.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, the first part of my post was not directed at you. It was in response to debbie32404 and someone who had posted a few weeks ago. People promoting specific products and posing as a satisified customer. It's complete bullshit and totally transparent.

I hope you feel welcome here and didn't take offense to my comments that were in response to your post.
pianogirl
QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 6 2007, 08:05 PM) *

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, the first part of my post was not directed at you. It was in response to debbie32404 and someone who had posted a few weeks ago. People promoting specific products and posing as a satisified customer. It's complete bullshit and totally transparent.

I hope you feel welcome here and didn't take offense to my comments that were in response to your post.

EA how is the estriol working for you? I am using the boric in the morning because the smell was bad....I also plan on using it every night for three months (I think I have enough) smile.gif

[quote name='anitsirhc' post='133755' date='Feb 6 2007, 02:07 AM']
hi, my name is christina and i've read this forum a few times. i've been trying to get rid of bv since august, my doctors say it goes away and comes back but honestly i don't feel like it ever goes away. but then again, i can't really tell when i have it except for some yellowish discharge. anyway, i've been on clindesse twice, flagyl 3 times and metrogel once. and nothing has worked. and of course i've had yeast infections from all the antibiotics. i'm on flagyl right now, i can't tell if it's going away or not but i'm really itchy so i'm going to guess i have a yeast infection even though i've been taking a lot of acidophylus (not sure if i spelled that right) and drinking cranberry juice.

i HATE flagyl! it makes me feel so crappy, this is the last time i'm taking it because i know it can't be good to be taking all these antibiotics over and over again. my doctor prescribed me 500mg 3 times a day last time (i'm not going to him anymore) and i was puking my brains out because he gave me too much.

i've read about the boric acid a bunch of times and i think i'm ready to try it. i'm a little scared though cause i want to make sure i get the right stuff. and how much/when to use it. i have 3 more days of the flagyl so i'm thinking i'll take it when i'm done with it and then again after i get my period. i read that you need empty gel capsules. are there a certain kind that are safe to put up into your vagina or do i just look for "empty gelatin capsules." and i've also read to use size 0 and size 00. so i figured i'd ask since i read that a lot of you have used it and been successful.

Welcome to the board!

THe boric seems to be the only thing that works for me...I purchased empty size 00 capsules from the health food store...I also purchased boric acid from CVS.

All you have to do is stuff the capsules with boric acid and insert in the vagina over night..you will have runny discharge..if your smell is not so bad perhaps you should try the hydrogen peroxide as you wont have the icky discharge.

Good Luck!

lapis
QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 6 2007, 09:05 PM) *

Thanks--I was feeling like a lightening rod which does not feel good.
debbie32404
I certainly was not trying to 'promote' a product. I cannot belive how vehement that response was. I have absolutely no affiliations with this company whatsoever. I thought this board was intended for women who have similar issues and problems to share ideas and remedies. I listed all of the information in one place just in case someone was interested in a different 'remedy'. After all it seems as if most of us have all tried Metrogel, Flagyl, BA and all the rest multiple times, all to no avail. I figured what could it hurt to share some information. However, I guess it was not well received.
Beauty & her Bass
Argh! I'm thinking I have BV again. The worst part is, I don't have a gyno right now (I'm in that post-college, I still had a few months until my birth control ran out, crapy insurance area of my life.)

:::grumble grumble grumble:::

Sorry, I have nothing useful to enter here, I just needed to vent that I'm getting this...AGAIN! It's frustrating.
latinrican
Hey Jewels.... how's the flagyl going? Please let us know how its coming along.. also, did someone say u can order Flagyl online?
Eralc Alegna
PG - I just finished my period the other day so it's hard to tell if it's helping or not. Yesterday I had very little discharge and not much of a smell, so I was excited. I think that usually things are a bit clearer a day or two after my period anyway though. Today I noticed a bit of smell and I'm waiting to see how the rest of the day goes. I think I'm going to use the HP just to help flush things out a bit after menstruating... at the very least I hope the estroil helps with the cracking, itching and bleeding I get on the outside.

Neverending said it took three months to see results though so I would urge us all to be patient.

Debbie - Sorry if your for real, but the language used in your post : "reduced my symptoms of Yeast and BV dramatically... something all the potions, lotions, creams and spinal blocks have not.... fomulated in the Netherlands... made by BioClin.... easy to use, not too messy and eases the itch, smell, discomfort and overall embarassing feeling that something is not quite right 'down there'... "Reasonably priced"
It all reeks of the 'not-so-fresh-feeling;, girl talk, woman-to-woman type infomercial crap that advertisers think will make us feel some sort of comradery, or understood somehow. but it doesn't. it's patronizing.
If you are not a troll and not trying to sell us some snake oil bullshit product than I apologise profusely. But it sure as hell sounded that way!
anitsirhc
QUOTE(pianogirl @ Feb 7 2007, 12:42 AM) *

All you have to do is stuff the capsules with boric acid and insert in the vagina over night..you will have runny discharge..if your smell is not so bad perhaps you should try the hydrogen peroxide as you wont have the icky discharge.

Good Luck!

Melissa

thanks!! you would use the peroxide though instead if my problem isn't the smell? how do you do that? and how do you know how much/how often to use?

i've been reading a lot on the internet for the past few days on how to keep this from coming back and i found something one woman does every day and i was wondering if any of you have tried anything like this?

- women's multivitamin + flax oil pill with one meal
- 50mg zinc + 28 mg iron + B and C complex + flax oil pill with another meal (not with dairy - dairy impedes iron absorption)
- 100mg acidophilus + bifidus between meals
- plenty of water to process all of this
anitsirhc
p.s. has anyone had vaginal bleeding from being on flagyl or metrogel? whenever i use them i start spotting and every day it gets worse. it kind of worries me. is that not normal??
alwaysonmymind
Laides when you girls are taking Flagyl and are prone to yeast infections. Be sure to lay off the sugar and pasta. Including soda's, juice especially cranberry juice. Pretty much only drink water and a lot of it. Food like rice, pasta, and bread all contribute to a yeast infection. I know from so much experience with Flagyl and yes it did help me get rid of the infection but did not help with reoccurence. I too, have tried douching with Benadine. This defintely helped with the odor but made me really irritated. I used it for a couple days along with inserting accophilidus (sorry I do not know how to spell it). We'll after I stopped using it the bv came back. Although, our bodies are all different and react differently as well. Good luck, I am still hoping for the cure! Also, a couple of years back I was suffering madly from BV, and my doctor prescribed me 2 weeks of Flagyl and 2 weeks of Clyndamycin. This helped..... but the only thing that prevents me from getting BV is protected sex which I have so I haven't been able to test any of the new remedies. Good luck again!
Eralc Alegna
well the discharge is back with a vengance, or never went away i suppose... i can't wait to get back to the doctor and make them take this seriously and figure out WHY!
I'll keep taking the estroil until it's gone though.

Do most of you here have an issue mostly with the smell? Everyone seems to complain about different treatments giving them discharge, but thats my main problem! I never noticed the boric giving me runny discharge because i always have a lot anyway. God damnit I hate being a woman sometimes!
jewelscando
Well ladies, I have not used the Flagyl vaginally since Monday night. The smell is completely gone. The only thing I'm worried about right now is a yeast infection. How stupid am I?? I know we all get yeast infections 99% of the time when taking Flagyl orally, and I'm sure you could get it, ESPECIALLY if taken vaginally. I can't say for sure if I have a Yeast Infection, just feel like a weird feeling way up there, which is what I normally get when I'm getting ready to have one.

BUT...I'm not going to jump the gun. I'm going to give this til Friday to see if the smell is still gone. But, for now, IT IS!!!! Before, I would go between fish smell, and some other FUNK ASS smell, that is un describable. Now, IT'S A NORMAL SMELL. Normal as in, NOTHING, smell. So, I believe it did work, just don't know for how long.

Oh, and yes you can buy the Flagyl online, just do a search for it. It will come from out of the country though, because you need a prescription if you order in U.S. I used the 500MG. That might be to strong for some, so they also offer it in 200 as well. THESE ARE PILLS LADIES, NOT THE GEL!! Just in case!! wink.gif

debbie32404
Eralc Alegna: I guess my intent was to post some concise, informative information, in one post rather than leaving out information. Unfortunately it backfired on me. Yes, I am for real and I am not a Troll as you say, who is trying to capitalize on your suffering. Believe me if I could roll the clock back 2 years to my pre yeast, BV, vaginal pain days I certainly would. This condition is misery at best and it is pure hell trying to find someone to listen or something to help. Anyways, Good Luck to all of you ladies as you seek the remedy that makes it all go away.
latinrican
Eralc....

To answer your question... my problem is mainly the smell and sometimes I have a little discharge. When Im not on the BA or the HP it seems like it just starts sweating down there or something... that's when I know its coming. I dont wear any thongs and I try not to wear any tight clothing. Maybe I need to have a little fan that I could hold in my hand and just point it to my cooch. lol... sorry ladies.. trying to find some humor in all this....and YES .. I agree.. I too hate being a woman sometimes.
pianogirl
QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 7 2007, 09:52 PM) *

well the discharge is back with a vengance, or never went away i suppose... i can't wait to get back to the doctor and make them take this seriously and figure out WHY!
I'll keep taking the estroil until it's gone though.

Do most of you here have an issue mostly with the smell? Everyone seems to complain about different treatments giving them discharge, but thats my main problem! I never noticed the boric giving me runny discharge because i always have a lot anyway. God damnit I hate being a woman sometimes!

EA funny you mention talking to a doctor.

Last week I called mine and told them it might be hormone related so her asssistant told me that she was out of town but wuld return my call wednesday(last week) they never did and I called again yesturday and the assistant said I will call you right back and never did. What the hell!?

Also while on the estriol I started doing the boric in the morning because the smell ad clumpy discharge is nasty

Thanks

PG
jewelscando
No smell again today. I had sex this morning, and again, NO SMELL WHATSOEVER. This worked guys. You all might want to give it a try!!
sassy
Jewels--very weird. Why would it work that way but not the prescribed way???
jewelscando
Hey Sassy, I've missed you!! wink.gif I have no idea why!! I'm just saying it's working.

With the Boric, the fish smell would go away, but the other funk smell never really did. Besides, it gave me the rash from hell, that still has not gone away, and my arms look like I'm on Crystal Meth, scratching them all the time. But, it did work. Like I said, I don't know for how long. I will let you all know if it comes back. I don't know if I should use another one, since I had sex. Or, if it's gone, and I just wait to see if it comes back.

I can say, that my boyfriend said, "THERE'S NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF IT"!! So, I'm thinking, that back when I wouldn't think there was a smell, he must have been smelling something, or that funk smell.

Anyways, I will definatley keep you all posted!!
pianogirl
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 8 2007, 11:52 PM) *

Hey Sassy, I've missed you!! wink.gif I have no idea why!! I'm just saying it's working.

With the Boric, the fish smell would go away, but the other funk smell never really did. Besides, it gave me the rash from hell, that still has not gone away, and my arms look like I'm on Crystal Meth, scratching them all the time. But, it did work. Like I said, I don't know for how long. I will let you all know if it comes back. I don't know if I should use another one, since I had sex. Or, if it's gone, and I just wait to see if it comes back.

I can say, that my boyfriend said, "THERE'S NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF IT"!! So, I'm thinking, that back when I wouldn't think there was a smell, he must have been smelling something, or that funk smell.

Anyways, I will definatley keep you all posted!!

Hey jewls,

Thats great maybe you should wait and see how long it takes to come back rather than poping another one up there...great news!

smile.gif
pympmama1
I have been doing the estroil and the ba at the same time. It seems to be working the smell is gone....It smells normal.... Piano Girl try using the BA and the estroil at the same time before bed.
jewelscando
I know, and I am waiting. Still no smell. No funk, no nothing. I haven't used a pill since Monday. And had sex on Thursday.

I'm feeling really good about this. Because, even with the Boric, I still had a funk smell. This, is a nothing smell. And, it's been years, since there's been a nothing smell.
tantalizing t
Hello all, newbie here.

PRECUSOR: Not TROLLING OR SPAMMING. JUST SHARING YEARS WORTH OF MY PERSONAL RESEARCH TO HELP SAVE SOMEONE YEARS WORTH OF PAIN AND FRUSTRATION smile.gif

I found this forum doing a search on birth control pill interactions with Primal Defense tabs. But very coincidentally I've had my time in BV hell.

Let me just tell you my experiences and what has worked for me (and why).

First of all, I've noticed everyone talking possible solutions but not talking ROOT CAUSES for the BV.

Now, I'm biologically predispostioned I believe. Mama always had her vag issues, though I never once remember smelling her as she walked by or in the bathroom, on the towels and such. But I know she was always douching, taking meds and such.

Anywho yes it's super humiliating and I've given off quite the wiff. Glad to see a group of women who know it has nothing to do with hygiene. As a matter of fact some of our hygiene practices make it worse!

Like using pure soap, or perfumey soap. STOP IT!!!! You are throwing off your PH. Your vag PH should be a bit acidic. Soaps are akaline. BV bacteria LOVE akaline environments. Which leads me to another thing I've read; BV after sex with the S.O. Guess what? Ejaculate is akaline! Very much so. It has to be because our acids would kill the sperm. So the PH of the Ejaculate overtakes our Ph. Then we have akaline environments in our vags that has also been stroked and stretched with microscopic tears in our lining. BV just loves when this happens.

Okay then lets look at something else not mentioned but is very apparent. STRESS!!! A GYN I had said they can tell what's going on in our lives by the condition of our secretions. Stress kills. It also kills the friendly bacteria our bodies, let alone our vaginas need to stay healthy and odor free. To this end we need to supplement our bodies with healthy bacteria and vitamins. I HIGHLY recommend acidolpholus. And I mean a supplement. You need more than what you eat in yogurt. Also vitamin C, and the list that some of the ladies gave is great. Look in the older post. We have to help our bodies help themselves. Our livestyles lend itself to disease and distress. Now as for me, I do use Primal Defense. Especially after I douche. And by the way...

Douching: Yeah the docs are saying don't because it washes away the friendly bacteria. But what they don't tell you is you can easily replace that good bacteria. They don't teach natural medicine. But common sense. When you douche you rinse away good yes, but also bad. Now if you supplement and put the good back in, no problems! But stay away from commerical products. They use detergent. I don't care what the box says, it's all crap! You can go to your major drug store and buy a nozzle (small discreet douche bag). Just use a bit of old skool vinegar and water. You'll save a ton of money too with the reusable travel sized douche bag and a huge bottle of vinegar is less than $2.00. BTW. Use that vinegar in plain bath water. Gets rid of dirt and oils and odors very nicely. I put it in a full bath and take "body douches" when I want to get a deep down cleanse and deo. Then of course shower with body wash and rinse. You'll smell fresh as the day you were born!

Okay so we've looked and stress reduction and supplementation. Let's talk product again. Now I've used Summer's Eve and FDS. Crap! Rubbish! Safe my foot! I broke out in a rash and got odor and discharge. See odor and discharge is the vagina's way of saying "Something's not right!". And yes, I'VE HAD NEGATIVE TEST FOR BV WITH ODOR AND DISCHARGE. YOU'RE NOT GOING INSANE, IT DOES HAPPEN! A GYN said it means that although they can't find the specific bacteria for BV, there's something amiss (naw, really?). Unidentified bacteria. Okaaaaayy.

Anywho what I recommend: I found on another site a cleansing bar called Natural Beauty Cleansing Bar. It's soap free, has an acidic PH. Smells like lemons. Has allantoin which is an astrigent. Very much so. Go light on the usage. Leave on a bit. Now I had an interesting reaction at first. It made my skin peel a bit. But the second time I used less at a time and it stripped the oil, dirt, yuckies out of my pores (this product is also recommended for acne on the face). When I use this I can go the distance with little to no sweat odor! Buy it at Sun Harvest/Wild Oats. Check Whole Foods Market. Buy it online. Company is Natural Organics, Inc. www.naturesplus.com. Call them to see who carries this retail. Aprox $4-$5.

Another product: nutribiotic hand and face wash. It has an acidic PH and works nice. I like the cleasing bar a bit more but this product (get the unscented) works FOR you and not AGAINST YOU. $6.25-$7.25. Buy this at the above stores listed or online

Now there's a powder I found out about a powder : www.drhauschka.com/holistic-products/details.aspx?id=6
As you can see it cost a bit; I haven't bought it yet. But the person who posted elswhere said they used this and they had zero odor in the undies all day. Even their BF couldn't smell anything. This same person recommended the Natural Cleansing Bar so I'm likely to take their word for it, lol.

And last but certainly not least, bowel cleansing. But you though we were talking about the vagina right? Stay with me! smile.gif

See I had massive issues with IBS/constipation mostly due to STRESS. Now we know bowel waste is toxic. But did you know it's also acidic and burn holes in the intestinal lining? Did you also know the body takes 80% of it's water and gets that same percentage of immunity FROM THE BOWELS?. Now think of the bowels as what they are; our internal sewage system. Now imagine how nasty and stinky a sewage system is. Why is that? Because of our human waste. That starts in our bowels. Think about how much the bathroom smells when we move our bowels. Now imagine how bad our bowels smell. And our bodies are using intestinal water to lubricate our bodies. Muscles, blood, brain all comes in contact with this water. Think of the bacteria and yeast in our bloodstream. The gasses. Now are surprised at why "susie" smells like garbage or can't fight off bacteria and yeast?

So short of ripping out our nasty intestines, what to do? Well find a bowel cleaser that is right for you. As for me, I use a product called Oxy-Powder. I buy it from www.oxypowder.com. I'll let you guys go there and read about why this product helps your bowels. I'd be hear typing all day. But it's a product that creates natural hydrogen peroxide in the gut and bloodstream. In addtion to "getting it all out" it purifies the blood, increases the environment for the friendly, good bacteria to grow whilst killing off the bad guys. I swear when I use this stuff, my vag and labia has zero odors!

So anyway...this stuff works for me when I use it. I'm poor and this stuff takes money. But it's all worth it and I really don't suffer from BV anymore. If you can't buy all this stuff, just remember : Buy any acidolphulous you can and take a lot of it. And stay far away from soap and body wash with heavy perfume.

Oh PS. I've tried Enzara, it works like a dream for me. But it can get pricey. But if you can get your hands on that, it's well worth it. If it's not working, then consider the bowel cleanse because the product isn't being absorbed in your system. Also give the Enzara a week to work, but you should notice a difference by the second or third day with zero odor by the seventh.

Whew, okay hope this mini pamphet helps. It just pains me to know others are suffering with this hideous condiditon that kills your self esteem and social standing with the odor sad.gif
tantalizing t
Previous Jamu Stick users: I want to try this product. Has it worked for you? Always interested in natural products that work.

Someone said it reduced sweating. Did you mean pubic sweating? Did it work? How?
jewelscando
ENZARA does not work. Don't be fooled ladies. You will be wasting your money. Both Sassy and I used it, and gave it over a month, with no avail.

Alot of what tantalizing t said, is true, however, the biggest statement was, "GETTING TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM". I'm not sure if I saw anything in your post that was "Getting to the root of the problem". Just more of you should buy this or buy that.

We all are well aware that personal changes are required, ie. stop smoking, no perfume down there, no thongs and so on. Those answers, have already been established on this board, over and over again.

Anyways, take it for what's it worth. I won't be the guinney pig to anything that was suggested. It's someone else's turn!! wink.gif

The Flagyl is still working for me, so, I'm sticking with that for the time being.
sassy
Yes, Enzara=major rip off. Oh, and the jamu is bad, too. It apparently makes your vagina as dry as a bone. One or two girls tried it and it was painful.

As for the big post--I think the acidic soap would help but that kind of product alone will not cure BV.
tantalizing t
Well I guess in the end..it's whatever works for you.

Now as to the Enzara, I don't think it's fair to say it doesn't work. Maybe it didn't work for you. It worked wonders for me however. I'm not a paid rep for the company at all, lol! If I were then I'd have endless supplies of this stuff. But as it is I haven't bought it in 18 months. So I've had to make do with the products I've mentioned.

For that matter, like I mentioned, I'm NOT SPAMMING. I included links and prices because when I was sad and at my wit's end with this thing, I had to do LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of googles, yahoos, research to get to the products that made a difference for me. Meanwhile I had to live with the odor and embarrassment. Now if I can save a gal time, trouble, shame and frustration, then it was worth all sharing those links and prices.

I'm sorry that product didn't work FOR YOU BOTH. But remember too I said I was led here researching another total issue. There are other women at their wit's end doing research secretly on computers hoping to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING that will help. I think we should have a possitive attitude here and not slam people just trying to help. What's wrong with people sharing what works for them? Why the anger and negativity? If you try something and it doesn't work for you, then fine, you try something else. It doesn't make it a total waste of money or garbage. It doesn't make the poster a spamming piece of slime either.

Yeah I've gone the Flagyl/Metrogel route. Hated the having to watch alcohol even in mouthwash, perfumes, etc. REALLY HATED the yeast infection and more creams/meds.

The acidolphilus will break that cycle. I'm just saying from years of dealing with this thing what's working for me and what's breaking the BV/Flagyl/Metrogel/Diflucan/Monistat cycle.

ETA: (quote:)Alot of what tantalizing t said, is true, however, the biggest statement was, "GETTING TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM". I'm not sure if I saw anything in your post that was "Getting to the root of the problem". Just more of you should buy this or buy that. (end quote):

Well when you think about it, Flagyl, Metrogel and the like aren't free. Whether you get in via a health insurance plan that you pay for or buy the meds outright, if you tell people Flagyl works for you are you not also telling people what to buy wink.gif
jewelscando
Nothing wrong with you sharing your experience. Go back to the archives, and read from there, and you will see, we've ALL shared our experience. You haven't said anything, that we all don't already know.

As for the Flagyl, I'm persuing it vaginally. Not the gel, the actual pill, vaginally, and it has worked. Longer then anything we have done. I have also tried Acidophillus, and it doesn't help me.

It is fair to say that Enzara does not work, because had it worked, you will still be on it. Enzara, like most things is preventative. Prevenatative that does not work. There are more ladies on here besides Sassy and I that have tried it, and it's a joke. Their claim is to elimanate B.V. That's an out right lie, and it does not do as it says. Like anything, you could stick a flower up there to help with the smell, but it won't keep it away.

What all of us long term B.V. sufferer's are looking for is a cure. Not something temporary, or works today, back tomorrow. We want a cure. And as long as we are all on the same page here, that's all that matters.

Not trying to argue with you, or make you feel un welcomed, however, if you look by my name, I've been on here for over a year, religiously, and we have alot of "NEWBIES" that come and go. It' get's annoying.
tantalizing t
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 10 2007, 06:05 PM) *

It is fair to say that Enzara does not work, because had it worked, you will still be on it.

Not trying to argue with you, or make you feel un welcomed, however, if you look by my name, I've been on here for over a year, religiously, and we have alot of "NEWBIES" that come and go. It' get's annoying.

(sigh, lol) As I mentioned, The only reason I'm not on it is not because it doesn't work, but because of financial issues. I guess it's easier for you to say something is wrong with the product then to just say your chemistry doesn't work with the product.

Yes, I'm very new to this forum but I wasn't born yesterday. I've had this body of mine for 35 years, I know what works for it, and have done lots of 'homework' on this issue. Being a "newbie" doesn't make me less the knowledgeable person. Sorry if you feel threatened or your forum space invaded or .....annoyed (oops).

Again, glad you found something that works for you. If you see I've edited my last post to say ....you mention that I've mentioned products to buy. But do you not have to buy prescriptions outright or via your health plan? Are you not also recommending product to buy?

You chose to take the western medical/scientific approach. Which, by this way, it's been proven that there is no true cure for BV because that bacteria lives in your vaginal lining AT ALL TIMES. It's just the good bacteria keeps the bad in check. When there isn't enough good to protect you, then you have overgrowth of the bad, and then you have BV with all the symptoms. So again, there is no permanant cure. But we don't have to be victimized by it. And that's where natural based products can help. Instead of waiting for the next BV attack, you can head it off at the pass very easily. But the great thing about this country is we have freedom of choice. I choose preventative maintenance.
jewelscando
Not threatened at all. I welcome everyone, who is here for the same purpose. I was just questioning some of the things you said.

I don't promote any one item on here. I help with the testing of items to see what works. We all know all of our bodies are different, and I'm not ready to consent and say, I have to live with this all my life. I will find a cure. No matter how many man hours I have to spend on finding it.

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay, which I'm sure, will be short lived, like most "newbies" are.

And no need to respond to this, I won't go back and forth with you. This is my last post on this matter.
tantalizing t
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 10 2007, 06:36 PM) *

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay, which I'm sure, will be short lived, like most "newbies" are.

And no need to respond to this, I won't go back and forth with you. This is my last post on this matter.

(Big LOL) You're right, no need to go back and forth. Again this is a free choice country and I'll stay, come and go as I please.

You mention you've been here for a year. That means a year ago you were a newbie too biggrin.gif
mirah
Hi All,
This subject is such a sad one. I was 16 when I first got BV. I am now 40. I no longer suffer from it. I had it up until about a year and a half ago. I started using the Boric Acid suppositories - 600mg - used them for about a week straight and now only after I have sex. IF I do not use them it comes back. I do not use anything else, did not alter my eating habits or change/add anything.

I hurt when I read these posts, BV is horrible and it can ruin your life and relationships. sad.gif

Good luck to you,
m
jewelscando
Welcome Mirah!! Glad to see the boric is working for you!! It's great stuff!! But unfortunately, it gave me a horrible rash on my arms and head, so I can't use it! But I know it works for alot of the girls on here!!!

Thanks for sharing your story!!
pianogirl
Jewls that is great I am really happy that so far everything is okay.

I really hope the estroil neverending suggested works for me as it did for her..otherwise I willl have to try what you did.

Welcome Newbies!!

Pretty much all of us here have purchased and used ENZARA I posted a few weeks ago how this company is a fraud that preys on desparate women. In terms of herbal medicine I myself have had holistic doctors and tried countless solutions including some of the things TT has mentioned to no avail. ANyway best of luck to everyone..

jewelscando
Well ladies, the Flagyl took the BV away, but brought on a Yeast Infection from hell. I tried the HP wash last night, but it burned really bad. And didn't help. Went to the store this morning and bought Monistat. So, I will let you all know what happens when the yeast infection goes away.

I can probably say for certain, why this happened. First of all, I shouldn't have had sex. Second, I think I used to many pills. I think I ended up using 3 total. Maybe only 1 was needed. And I should have done some preventative to keep the yeast away, being that we all get yeast infections when taking this orally.

Oh well, it's a work in progress!!

Thank you to whoever suggested this!! Because it really did take the B.V. away.

If it comes back, I will do it again, but probably with only 1 pill, and lots of Acidophillus, and maybe a 1 nighter monistat. biggrin.gif

deprime
Jewels: I can't wait to try the Flagyl remedy. I'm glad it took the BV away... even though yeast infections are terrible, too.

Well, right now I reek of fish (I know it's pretty bad when even I can smell it), but I'm very excited about going to see the reproductive endocrinologist in 9 days. I have a few medical journal articles to show him, as well as my complete BV history. I am going to make him listen to me -- because I don't think any GYN ever has.

I'm going to ask him to test me for a rectovaginal fistula and type 2 diabetes, to rule out that my chronic BV is caused (directly or indirectly, respectively) by one of these things. In a sick way, I kinda hope that one of those things IS the case, just so I can get some closure and start agressively treating this. Everyone: keep us posted on results!

<3
deprime
pianogirl
QUOTE(deprime @ Feb 11 2007, 08:04 PM) *

Jewels: I can't wait to try the Flagyl remedy. I'm glad it took the BV away... even though yeast infections are terrible, too.

Well, right now I reek of fish (I know it's pretty bad when even I can smell it), but I'm very excited about going to see the reproductive endocrinologist in 9 days. I have a few medical journal articles to show him, as well as my complete BV history. I am going to make him listen to me -- because I don't think any GYN ever has.

I'm going to ask him to test me for a rectovaginal fistula and type 2 diabetes, to rule out that my chronic BV is caused (directly or indirectly, respectively) by one of these things. In a sick way, I kinda hope that one of those things IS the case, just so I can get some closure and start agressively treating this. Everyone: keep us posted on results!

<3
deprime

Hello Deprime

Great news and please keep us posted!

As for me I am on my period but I can smell the nasty smell still. I am going to keep using the estroil once my period ends.

Thanks\

PG
anitsirhc
sorry to be annoying, i asked already but nobody answered. i was just wondering if anyone else experienced vaginal bleeding while on flagyl? i've been looking online to see if it's a side effect and i haven't found it at all, so i'm beginning to worry that it's not normal. has anyone had this happen before?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.