Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
deprime
anitsirhc: that's never happened to me... I looked into abnormal vaginal bleeding online and found that it usually occurs as a result of taking the pill or other types of hormone therapy. I'd get it checked out by an MD, just to be on the safe side. keep us posted...
pianogirl
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Feb 11 2007, 11:52 PM) *

sorry to be annoying, i asked already but nobody answered. i was just wondering if anyone else experienced vaginal bleeding while on flagyl? i've been looking online to see if it's a side effect and i haven't found it at all, so i'm beginning to worry that it's not normal. has anyone had this happen before?

Hi anitsirhc

I never experienced bleeding the only thing I experienced was feeling lightheaded and sleepy.

I would hope it is nothing serious.

sad.gif

Eralc Alegna
So I'm still taking the estroil and haven't seen great results, but I had sex for the first time in a while last night and it went much better than expected! There was no noticable smell before, during, or after, and the discharge was much less noticable too! It was still there but thicker I think, so it wasn't so obvious and it wasn't pouring out of me as soon as he pulled out. It was almost normal sex again!!!! I'm excited now that maybe the estroil is starting to work. I've been noticing less discharge overall lately, but just slightly.
(for the record, sex was unprotected but he didn't finish. I'm sure that had to help quite a bit)

If the estroil doesn't work out in the end I'll try the vaginal flagyl. I don't have the yeast infection problem most of you seem to ( it think it happened to me once, maybe twice) so this seems promising.

Deprime - PLEASE let us now how it goes with the reproductive endo. I plan on seeing one ASAP so I'm intrigued to see how they react to this.

anitsirhc - no bleeding here either. I don't think that is common or normal, but could have just been irritation(?). I'd get it checked out.
(anitsirhc = christina, eralc alegna = angela clare. Neat!)
autumnbreeze
Hi Ladies...just checking in..my BV symptoms are back, my smell & discharge had subsided a few days before my period but after my period, it's back.

Eralc: I was sooo hoping the Estroil would work. *Sigh*

Jewels: sorry to hear about the yeast infection. So do you think that if you take probiotics before & during the Flagyl inserts that will prevent the yeast infection AND stop the BV? Hmmm..sounds good

Welcome New Posters! Listen guys, it's NOT that we're being harsh or hostile or trying to attack Newbies (I'm sort of new myself) but please...BEFORE YOU INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE...please read through the thread and you'll see that the ladies on here are on top of their game and have covered all bases. But we are definitely open to "new" information! Like the Oxy Powder...I'm going to look into that.

jewelscando
Well ladies, I bought the 3 day yeast stuff and used one last night, and MAN, WHAT A FRICKEN RELIEF!! I've been suffering from B.V. for so long, and it's been a long time since I've had a yeast infection. Mine was so bad ladies, I almost couldn't take it. But, with 1 applicator last night, it really subsided. It only hurts for a few minutes when I go to the bathroom, but then it's fine.

STILL NO SMELL OF ITTY BITTY FISH HEADS. So, Let's all keep our fingers crossed that after the yeast is gone, the smell does not return.

I have planned "Sex" this weekend, so, I'm going to ask my boyfriend if he wouldn't mind use protection. I hate it and so does he, but, I think that it might be good for awhile to keep things free of boyfriend germs until I can get a good idea on wether or not the Flagyl worked.

I will keep you all posted.

Oh, and thanks Automn!! You took the words right out of my mouth, I just must have had a harsher way of saying things!! Not trying to offend any newbies, but you hit the nail on the head.
pianogirl
Great news Jewels!
Quick question for you Jewels...when you said it hurts when you go to the bathroom what did you mean?
The reason I ask is because for well over a month when I would pee it would burn and I went to the doc and they said nothing was wrong with me. I was taking cranberry pills b/c I thought I had a UTI and I never had one so I wasnt sure if I did have a UTI. Anyway the pain is really bad when I pee sometimes sometimes during and sometimes after. Anyway I was just wondering what you meant by that. Thanks

My period is almost over so this morning I did the hydrogen peroxide. It didnt work the other day but this time I used a funnel I recently purchased. After I did that I took a shower and inserted a labocilous (however you spell it),. I am going to begin the estroil again I just wanted to let you ladies know that the the HP worked better with a funnel for me. It gets messy though smile.gif

Thanks

PG
jewelscando
Pianogirl, no, I was only burning because I was so RAW from the yeast infection. There's no burning now at all, and the yeast infection is gone. I still have one night left of the Monistat, so we will see what happens the rest of the week.

This is the longest I've gone in such a long time without B.V. Granted, it's only been almost 2 weeks, so, that must say something!!!
pianogirl
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Feb 13 2007, 08:08 PM) *

Pianogirl, no, I was only burning because I was so RAW from the yeast infection. There's no burning now at all, and the yeast infection is gone. I still have one night left of the Monistat, so we will see what happens the rest of the week.

This is the longest I've gone in such a long time without B.V. Granted, it's only been almost 2 weeks, so, that must say something!!!

Thats great jewels...I was just wondering b/c I remember buring during or after urination being a sign of BV...It is wierd because the doctor didnt find anything...anyway today was much better...I also wanted to add that today was wonderful because there was no smell at all the HP really works great with a funnel smile.gif

anitsirhc
i guess i should call my doctor then and find out why that happens. i hope nothing crazy is wrong with me sad.gif

i haven't tried any home remedies for bv yet except for taking acidophilus. i'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide but i noticed that some of you said that you also insert the lacabalalblalbils (haha i don't know how to spell it at all) after you do the hp, that's the same thing as acidophlius right? are there specific ones that you insert or are they the same ones that you take orally.

right now i can't tell if the bv is there or not because i still have the brownish discharge from bleeding from the flagyl. it's not a lot though and the smell isn't that bad. so maybe it's gone. should i do the hp after i get my period even if i don't think the bv is back to keep it from coming back or should i wait until i have signs of it again? i'm also planning on having sex tomorrow (i better!! it's valentines day!!) should i do it after that? i'm not very experienced with this stuff so sorry for all the questions.

Eralc Alegna - funny that we both did the same thing. tongue.gif yours looks cooler than mine though. everyone looks at my name (it's the same name i use for everything else online) and they think it's "antichrist"
pianogirl
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Feb 13 2007, 11:22 PM) *

i guess i should call my doctor then and find out why that happens. i hope nothing crazy is wrong with me sad.gif

i haven't tried any home remedies for bv yet except for taking acidophilus. i'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide but i noticed that some of you said that you also insert the lacabalalblalbils (haha i don't know how to spell it at all) after you do the hp, that's the same thing as acidophlius right? are there specific ones that you insert or are they the same ones that you take orally.

right now i can't tell if the bv is there or not because i still have the brownish discharge from bleeding from the flagyl. it's not a lot though and the smell isn't that bad. so maybe it's gone. should i do the hp after i get my period even if i don't think the bv is back to keep it from coming back or should i wait until i have signs of it again? i'm also planning on having sex tomorrow (i better!! it's valentines day!!) should i do it after that? i'm not very experienced with this stuff so sorry for all the questions.

Eralc Alegna - funny that we both did the same thing. tongue.gif yours looks cooler than mine though. everyone looks at my name (it's the same name i use for everything else online) and they think it's "antichrist"

Hey "antichrist" JK smile.gif

Hopefully it is nothing serious. The labocilus is the same as the acidipilous...we just use the same you would take orally..I did the HP and the acidipolus or whatever the name is b/c I wanted to see how it would pan out..

I think all of us have taken the flagyll several times and it came back sad.gif

If you are okay for tomorrow the best thing might be for you to wait and see what happens...if the odor comes back you might want to try the HP wash. I am also using estroil which is not working yet but I am hoping it will soon.

Good Luck !

PG
anitsirhc
QUOTE(pianogirl @ Feb 14 2007, 12:46 AM) *

Hey "antichrist" JK smile.gif

Hopefully it is nothing serious. The labocilus is the same as the acidipilous...we just use the same you would take orally..I did the HP and the acidipolus or whatever the name is b/c I wanted to see how it would pan out..

I think all of us have taken the flagyll several times and it came back sad.gif

If you are okay for tomorrow the best thing might be for you to wait and see what happens...if the odor comes back you might want to try the HP wash. I am also using estroil which is not working yet but I am hoping it will soon.
Good Luck !

PG

thanks!! a few more questions... when you do the hp how much do you use? i went to the store and bought a disposable douche and i'm just going to empty that and use that for the hp. i'm not sure if i read that here or somewhere else, but if nobody's tried that here well it sounds pretty easy haha. and do you dilute it with water? thank you for helping me!! and i hope the estroil works... let me know. smile.gif
chantelhugo
Jewels...
How many times did you just insert the Flagyl?
Glad to hear your success.. i think im going to give it a try.
jewelscando
I used 500 mg which might have been to much. But I did it 3 seperate times. Two days in a row, skipped one day. It gave me a really bad yeast infection, that is why I'm thinking 500mg might have been to strong, however, it did take away the b.v.
Aggravated
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Feb 14 2007, 12:38 AM) *

thanks!! a few more questions... when you do the hp how much do you use? i went to the store and bought a disposable douche and i'm just going to empty that and use that for the hp. i'm not sure if i read that here or somewhere else, but if nobody's tried that here well it sounds pretty easy haha. and do you dilute it with water? thank you for helping me!! and i hope the estroil works... let me know. smile.gif

I bought the disposable douche as well. I emptied the contents and cut the hole in the top of the bottle (just to make it a little larger making it easier to get the hp in the bottle). I fill it about 1/4 or 1/3 full with hp...I do not dilute it with any water (but I read somewhere that if you try this and are irritated at all by it, you may want to dilute it with water). Just prop up your hips and insert it. Use a towel underneath you because some does run out and it can be a little messy. I hold it in for about 3 minutes. You will feel it bubbling...I hope that just means its working. Then hold it in as you stand up and sit over the toilet to let it run out...that's what I do anyway. It seems to work ok for me, but I know the BV is not gone. I am interested to see what happens over the long term with the flagyl insert though...good luck Jewels...good luck anitsirhc...and good luck to everyone!
anitsirhc
ok i will do that. thank you!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES!! biggrin.gif
anitsirhc
i tried the hp last night and i definitely didn't do it right. i thought i got it in there and i layed there for 3 minutes and when i got up to let it out, nothing came out haha. so i guess i didn't really get anything in there. i'll try again tonight maybe and see if i do a better job.

i called a doctor about the bleeding while on flagyl thing and she said that there was nothing to worry about, but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was talkng about so i'll probably call again today and talk to someon else. (she said it was probably from skipping a bc pill or not taking it at the same time even though i kept telling her over and over that i didn't to that and the same thing happened to me when i took metrogel... that's not coincidence.)
jewelscando
anitsirhc, go get like a medicine dropper. I fill it up, then slowly squeeze it in, and fill it up again, like a total of 3 times. If you keep your hips up, most of it will stay in, and especially if you do it slow. The faster you squeez it out, the more it runs down.

By the way guys, I got a raw spot from the HP running down my ass. No kidding.

Anyways, B.V. is still gone. I'm done with the yeast medicine, but I'm not sure that it's gone all the way. I might go buy another 3 day, or just give it a few more days and see if it clears up.

So, looks as though Flagyl worked, however, no idea on for how long, and if it will come back. If it does come back, I don't think I'll do this again, because, that yeast infection hurt. I don't hurt when I have B.V., just the bad smell. OR.....I will try a smaller dose. Maybe crush it up and put it in a gel cap, since I have two bags of those. And do something to prevent the yeast. We will see!!
pianogirl
The HP works for me with a small funnel. If you find that the dropper is too small try the funnel or a turkey baster...I like the HP better than the boric smile.gif
jewelscando
Well ladies, I tried the Flagyl for the first time on February 3rd I think. Here we are at February 18th, and STILL NO SMELL. Had sex twice this weekend, and NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. Not even close, not even a hint, nothing. I am still a bit raw, like the yeast infection didn't quite go away, but, there is no B.V.

So here's my options.....YEAST/OR B.V. HMMMMMMM. I'll take the yeast!!

I'm not going to use any more Flagyl for now, because, why should I? I will start loading up on Acidophillus, starting, right now!! I'm going to go take one while I'm thinking about it.

Anyways, just wanted to give you all my update!!!
sassy
jewels--That's great! I wonder why it works that way and why doctors don't know this? I'm definately thinking about getting some flagyl now. I'm still alternating between boric and HP. Not fun but it keeps things under control.
jewelscando
I dont know Sassy, other then, they do prescribe this in the gel form, but it doesn't work long term.

One reason, is it did make me really raw, and gave me a yeast infection, pretty severe. So, that could be why. I should have treated the yeast infection at the same time I did this, but I just wasn't thinking.

Do what works for you!! What I loved about this is, it took the funk smell away as well. The boric took the fish away, but never took the funk away.
neverending
jewelscando: Good for you jewels! Glad to hear something worked for you! Everything has been great on this end lately.
Eralc Alegna
Things aren't looking too bad here either. Yesterday being an exception ( I fell asleep before using the estroil so I didn't take it 'till the morning...) My symptoms seem to be getting progressively better! I'm using HP every other day or so for a little insurance, but i think if I keep up the estroil this could be the end for me. Temporarily at the very least. I haven't even had a break for like 8 months.
I really hope this stays consistant for everyone and we all find our individual cures!
pianogirl
QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 19 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Things aren't looking too bad here either. Yesterday being an exception ( I fell asleep before using the estroil so I didn't take it 'till the morning...) My symptoms seem to be getting progressively better! I'm using HP every other day or so for a little insurance, but i think if I keep up the estroil this could be the end for me. Temporarily at the very least. I haven't even had a break for like 8 months.
I really hope this stays consistant for everyone and we all find our individual cures!

Hi EA

Same here I have been using the estroil and along with the HP (with a funnel) things are not so bad....I am happy not to be using the boric.

I am glad we are all on the right path.

smile.gif

britt8705

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this lounge and very glad to hear that I'm not alone. Well I have been suffering with BV for about 7yrs (since I was 12) this was before I got my period and definitely before I started having sex. I have been to the GYN numbers of times. I have been on MetroGel twice and taken Flagyl once I douche with vinegar, only when I feel that the BV is getting "out of control". I constantly eat yogurt with active cultures, drink water, and take 3 baths daily with non-perfumed soap, I wash my clothes and bedding in unscented detergent. I feel like this is ruining my life and wish we could all be freed...but in the mean time what is the best thing to do about it should I go with the Boric Acid thing, Rephresh, or something else SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
anitsirhc
it's so nice to read that people are finding things that work!! it's very reassuring. i would do research online for hours and only find that basically there's nothing to do about it and that nothing works and i would cry but this is giving me hope!!! i'm finishing my period right now so i can't do anything but once it's done i think will try the hp again and maybe keep it away before it comes back. and if that doesn't work i'm definitely going to try one of the things that you ladies are doing.
pianogirl
QUOTE(britt8705 @ Feb 19 2007, 09:55 PM) *

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this lounge and very glad to hear that I'm not alone. Well I have been suffering with BV for about 7yrs (since I was 12) this was before I got my period and definitely before I started having sex. I have been to the GYN numbers of times. I have been on MetroGel twice and taken Flagyl once I douche with vinegar, only when I feel that the BV is getting "out of control". I constantly eat yogurt with active cultures, drink water, and take 3 baths daily with non-perfumed soap, I wash my clothes and bedding in unscented detergent. I feel like this is ruining my life and wish we could all be freed...but in the mean time what is the best thing to do about it should I go with the Boric Acid thing, Rephresh, or something else SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Welcome Brit!

There are a couple of things that are working for us.

1) Hydrogen peroxide doche pour it inside with a funnel or turkey baster

2) boric acid suppositories - you would need to purchase size 00 empty gel caps and stuff them with boric acid and insert at night (boric acid is poisonous do not take orally).

3) estroil suppositories - you wil need to order this online

4) Oral Flayll inserted vaginally

I think I covered everything.

Hope this helps
britt8705
Thank you Pianogirl,

I have a few questions is the Hydrogen Peroxide the same thing thats in the brown bottle that is used for cuts, and is Boric Acid really good to use b/c I remember seeing Boric Acid in big bold letters on a can of roach stray.
pianogirl
QUOTE(britt8705 @ Feb 20 2007, 12:09 AM) *

Thank you Pianogirl,

I have a few questions is the Hydrogen Peroxide the same thing thats in the brown bottle that is used for cuts, and is Boric Acid really good to use b/c I remember seeing Boric Acid in big bold letters on a can of roach stray.

Hi Britt,

Yes for the hydrogen peroxide it would be the 3% formula typically in a brown bottle and for the boric acid some girls have in fact used the "roach killer" boric acid up there however there is also another version which I purchased at CVS near the eye care section as BA is used in some eye care products it is probably the same kind as in the roach killer bottle but it might ease you worries. It is okay to put it up there (the BA) I was using it for months until I discovered the wonders of HP with a funnel and some estriol at night smile.gif

You can use the BA but the HP you might want to give it a go before the BA as the BA is rather messy and you will experience a runny discahrge whereas the HP is a wash.

Oh BTW for the HP you can also use a douche bottle and you do not have to dilute it with anything.

Let me know if you need anything else and keep us posted on your progress. We like to gather feedback from each other. smile.gif

PS Ladies no smell, still on the estroil and I havent done the HP since friday smile.gif

britt8705
Thank You again PianoGirl I'm very scared for some reason but I am willing to try. I will check in with any updates. Thanks
deprime
Today I saw the reproductive endocrinologist. He (and another physician + med school student) were super friendly, willing to listen to me, and provided no-BS answers to stuff.

Basically what it boils down to is this: the first time I got BV, it came with a yeast infection. The vagina is a super delicate balance (we all knew that, though) -- if there's too much yeast, anaerobic bacteria are allowed to thrive. The vagina wants to normally be in equilibrium, but there are a lot of things that can throw it off balance (we all knew that, too.) According to the doctor, I need to stop treating myself for a while -- we're going to give it two weeks while he waits for the gram swab results to come back. I am not trying to persuade anyone to do anything, I am just reporting what the doc told ME... to stop doing the HP douche. He said that it had discolored my vagina but that my cervix looked healthy. Also, he said that the HP could be making my BV smell worse because of its chemical compounds. For the "whiff test" that many GYNs use to detect BV, they put the sample culture into KOH (potassium hydroxide.) The HP is H2O2, which has both oxygen and hydrogen molecules as well.

Oh, he also said that I don't have a fistula and that I don't have type 2 diabetes, two theories of mine. So...

Basically, the reproductive endocrinologist told me to not do any treatment; he'll call me back next week with the results and to schedule another appointment. Next time, depending on my results, we'll talk about ways of dealing with my odor/discharge. If it's not traditional BV, we'll look to do something else. For now, I have to let my vagina "air out"..lol.

Anyway, I know this isn't much new information, but it was really nice to have a group of professionals LISTEN to me and treat me like an adult. Like I said before, however, what this guy recommended was for me, so I would not recommend it for everyone.

As always, good luck to everyone.... I'll keep you posted!
autumnbreeze
Glad to hear that some of you are experiencing some relief.
Deprime: definitely keep us updated on what happens with the Reproductive Endocrinologist.
Britt: Welcome! Yes, it's the HP in the brown bottle and the BA is the same as in the roach killer..LOL. I've tried the HP but I'll admit that I've been too chicken to try the Boric Acid.

OK guys...*drum roll*....I think I may have stumbled upon a remedy for BV symptoms. A couple weeks ago I was searching the web for hair information. My hair sheds in the winter and I was looking for an easy fix. I kept coming across info on Evening Primrose Oil. So I decided to give it a try for my shedding.
Also, I picked up an Enzyme supplement because I feel that my digestive system is not working at it's optimal best. Soooooooo..Last Monday I began taking 1 EPO capsule (1000 mg) + 2 Enzyme tablets, twice a day (after breakfast and dinner). I immediately noticed my discharge & odor went away. I was excited but wanted to wait atleast a week before I came in here with the news. This may not work for everyone because I realize that we all have different symptoms,etc. But today is day 9 and the symptoms are still gone so even it my hair shedding doesn't stop, I don't care! I'm still going to continue taking both of these supplements. They each only cost about $6. On the EPO bottle, it says "For Women's Health". I don't know the "science" behind this so sorry, I don't have any links or articles to break it down. All I know is it's doing something and I hope it works long term.

HTH
quietmadness
At that accessrx place, do you have to have Dr's approval through them? Or a prescripton?

Or can you just order it without a bunch of shit?

I'd like to find somewhere I could get it without having to call the doc, or have a prescription.

Anyone know of a site like that?
jewelscando
quietmadness, what prescription are you looking for?

Great information everyone!!

Deprime: My vagina also looked funny from the HP. But it does the same thing if I get to much on my hands. It also gave me a soar spot like near my anus, from running down. I took care of that with a little vaseline. KEEP US POSTED!! I'm happy you FINALLY had a good experience.

My smell is still gone. I am in so much shock over this. It's been so long since I've had NO SMELL AT ALL, that I almost just don't know how to handle it, and I keep doing a whiff test on myself, expecting it to return. And still nothing.

Autumn: thank you for the information. Even though my smell is gone, I'm going to take what you are. Maybe it will be preventative at the very least, and I won't have to go through another yeast infection from hell.

Thanks again everyone!! Sounds like, we are all FINALLY on the right track!!! biggrin.gif

Britt: as far as the Boric Acid goes, I took mine to my doctor because I developed a rash from hell all over my forehead and arms. My doctor was actually excited about the Boric and was going to research it so they could get the info out to other patients. He said it was not harming me, and it WAS NOT the cause of my rash, however, I'm still not certain about that. I'm thinking now, my rash is stress related, because I haven't used Boric for MONTHS and I still have the rash.
Eralc Alegna
Autumn - what exactly is this enzyme suppliment you started taking?
pianogirl

LOL to those doing the "whiff test" I myself do it and I keep doing it because I cant believe the progress.

Great news Dep. about the doc. I think a doctor that listens to what you have to say and shows compassion is great. I called my doc about a month ago to discuss a hormonal imbalance and needless to say they never returned my call(s) ..I followed up several times and nothing.... I am in the process of looking for a new one.

smile.gif

THanks for all the info. ladies
autumnbreeze
QUOTE(Eralc Alegna @ Feb 20 2007, 09:09 PM) *

Autumn - what exactly is this enzyme suppliment you started taking?

I bought both supplements from Wal-Mart. The enzyme sup is by Rexall. It has a purple top and it's called Multi-Enzyme Formula Digestive Aid. It says it aids in the breakdown of proteins, carbs, and fats. Both supps were both in the section with the vitamins. As I said before, I'm not sure which one is fighting the BV but I thought it was just so intesting that two unrelated issues (hair shedding & digestion) would lead me to something that helps with BV biggrin.gif
britt8705
Hi everyone

4 those that have used HP, how did it feel the first time you did it and how many times a day do u do it.
anitsirhc
ok i'm back again!! i tried the hp tonight for the second time. and i think my vagina doesn't like having things in it because i can't get it to stay in for anything. i sat there for the 3 minutes and again when i got up to let it out nothing came out. i kind of feel it coming out a little bit now but i was just expecting some to come out when i stood up. i lay with my body practically upside down to try and get it to stay in and it still all comes out and runs down! it was all over haha.. gross. anyway, i think i will only do this for a week and then try what atumnbreeze has been taking. i'm lucky to have found this site just as everyone started finding things that actually work. thanks for sharing everything. biggrin.gif
britt8705
I'm back again I tried the HP last night for the first time. It felt really weird but I woke up this morning with no discharge and no smell...I now it's to soon to say but I think this might work for me. I will check back in later on tonight for any updates. Thanks everyone.
quietmadness
JEWELS: Looking for Metrogel, without a prescription or phone approval or whatever. Black market? Who cares? I just want it. Like yesterday. And I don't feel like going to the freakin' DOCTOR!! mad.gif

This shit bites.

--Quiet--
pianogirl
QUOTE(britt8705 @ Feb 21 2007, 02:40 AM) *

Hi everyone

4 those that have used HP, how did it feel the first time you did it and how many times a day do u do it.

I have done it a total of three times. I dont do it that much only if I smell funny.

QUOTE(britt8705 @ Feb 21 2007, 11:53 AM) *

I'm back again I tried the HP last night for the first time. It felt really weird but I woke up this morning with no discharge and no smell...I now it's to soon to say but I think this might work for me. I will check back in later on tonight for any updates. Thanks everyone.

Thats great just keep us posted.

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Feb 21 2007, 02:26 PM) *

JEWELS: Looking for Metrogel, without a prescription or phone approval or whatever. Black market? Who cares? I just want it. Like yesterday. And I don't feel like going to the freakin' DOCTOR!! mad.gif

This shit bites.

--Quiet--

http://www.nextag.com/metronidazole/search-html

Quiet I hope this helps. I havent ordered from this site but you might want to try it.
jewelscando
Quiet: Here's the web that I used. Remember though, the 500mg are strong, you might want to do something for yeast as well.

http://www.horizondrugs.com/search.html?search=Flagyl

No prescription needed here.
jwo1880
hi ladies,

l haven't been on here in awhile. back in december i told my obgyn that i wanted flagil (can't spell) and she gave it to me to see if i would get relief from it and i did. it's been a couple of months and no odor or heavy discharge even after getting my period. before the meds, i had issues like crazy. i've been on the flagil many times before and it took my symtoms away for a little bit but they always seem to come back so we'll see how long this will last. i'll keep you updated. hope everryone is doing well and maybe using an old treatment could help since our bodies are always changing. i did the metro gel (before flagil) which is like flagil but gel form but when i got my period, all my symtoms came back. that's why i told my doc to give me the pill form. she wouldn't at first because it's used to treat bv and she didn't want to treat me for something i didn't have. anyways, just popping in to say hi.

ttyl...
Aggravated
I don't post here much, but I read the thread ALL the time to stay up on what everyone is trying and what is working for them. I was inspired by Jewels and her success, so I tried inserting 1 500mg. pill of Metronidazol (the generic form of Flagyl) vaginally last night. It's only been about 17 hours, but I have been completely dry all day! It's been almost a year since I've went this long without any discharge! I'm afraid to get overly excited about this yet, but I think this might work! I've been keeping up with taking the acidophilus and I have 2 Diflucan pills here in case I need them, but if the yeast comes...that goes away! I will keep a close eye, but I'm not going to insert another pill unless I see the BV symptoms return. I hope this continues to work, and I hope we all continue with success in whatever we all try! Thanks for being here for me ladies!
sassy
That's great aggravated. Definately let us know what happens!! If it works for you too, I'm convinced and I will definately order some flagyl. I have a honeymoon coming up in September and I DO NOT want to smell like the ocean.
jewelscando
Awesome Aggravated. I wouldn't insert anymore either. I don't think I needed to do 3, but it was my first time trying, and I had no idea what to do. I can tell you though that I did get a major yeast infection, however, that could have been from having sex while I was doing the Flagyl vaginally. So, just wait and see what happens. Give it a few days, and if the smell returns, use 1 more, but be ready to treat the yeast.

Mine is still gone. I'm going on a month now, and still no smell at all. No fish, no sewer, no smell.

Good luck!!
autumnbreeze
Well Guys...I noticed a little discharge last night. I guess the supplements were just a temporary fix rolleyes.gif But I'll keep taking them since I didn't buy them for BV anyway.

So I might jump on the Flagyl Insert bandwagon!

Have a good weekend ladies!!!!
Eralc Alegna
My relief too, sadly, was short lived. I don't know if it's a hormonal thing since I'll be bleeding again soon or what, but my symptoms are back...
at least I had mess free sex once, i guess... right?
I got approved for state health insurance yesterday so I'll get a flagyl script and try it once I see a doc.

Good luck all!
Aggravated
I have sad news to report. I had some discharge today...not as much as I usually had, but the BV could just be showing itself slowly sad.gif I plan on having sex tonight and having a few drinks tomorrow, so I am going to wait until Sunday, see what happens between now and then and probably insert another pill. I will keep you all posted though! I'm not ready to give up on this treatment yet!
BTW...congratulations Sassy! Hopefully we will find something (hopefully this) that works before your honeymoon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.