Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
neverending
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 27 2007, 03:09 PM) *
no no! it definitely helped and lessened the bv and symptoms. when it does come back it's actually different then it was before. it's thinner, it's like light brownish pinkish in color (instead of thick and yellowish-green) and it doesn't smell as bad, actually it's a completely different smell. it does smell though. and i did mess up with the dossage once. i went away for a long weekend and didn't realized i only had enough yeast arrest for 2 of the 4 days, so i kind of spread them out so they would last me until i got home and got a new jar. and while i did that, it did come back after like 2 days of not using it right. so maybe that's why it didn't work? that's the only time i messed up... i'm not sure if i should try it again for longer or if i should try something new. i didn't have any side effects except for a little itching once in a while. i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks to vegas and i don't want to have the green discharge while i'm there so after that i will decide what to do. i think i will only use the yeast arrest once every 2 or 3 days for now just to keep it away until i get back and decide what to do. thanks bvgirl for your help. smile.gif

Not to get in your business but green discharge is something different than many of the ladies have experienced here. I've been here for a year and a half and I don't remember any one girl complaining of green discharge. Did your doctor do a wet prep or culture? I remember being in the lab and everytime we got a prep in where the tip (of the swab) was green, it was usually TRICH. I'm not trying to say anyone has been unfaithful to you. It's just a thought!
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 03:28 PM) *
Now you're just making stuff up.

- Atrophic vaginitis can cause vaginal discharge and irritation, period. It doesn't develop only after a "long" time
- A woman of any age can suffer from Atrophic vaginitis, not just older menopausal women

Please read, learn, and inform yourself for YOUR sake, and stop spreading misinformation for everyone else's.

I have put more than a year into researching this stuff and ladies everything that I have put in these posts have been true. Look them up for yourself and don't let asshole tell you any different.
lori
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 07:27 AM) *
Well, if you ASK me if it cures it cures meaning that you should not have to deal with it again and or deal with it reoccurring.. Put it this way if it cures then that means that you should not have it to reocurr..

No, not really.

I could have gonorrhea (example). I could take [whatever cures it]. I am cured. BUT I could always get it again.

So logically, one would focus on the prevention of that recurrence (i.e., don't expose myself to gonorrhea again).

So that's the way I think about it. Flagyl "cures" the BV, and then you have to find a way to prevent the recurrence. And I think this is a better way to think about it than to simply tell everyone "flagyl doesn't work at all," because you said so yourself - no OTC product can cure it, either.

And again, my focus is on overall health, not just controlling the symptoms. As I said before, an untreated BV infection can have serious health effects. Just controlling the symptoms - which is what you're suggesting - is not enough.

QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 07:27 AM) *
If there is a "cure" for reocuring bv and bv symptoms let me know and then I may change the way I feel about it..

Yes, it's called pro-biotics. (The opposite of anti-biotics.) Dr. Stewart agrees with me. I really wish I had read her book earlier, so it wouldn't have taken me years and many hours on the internet to figure that out.

She's very discouraging about pro-biotic products that actually work, though (she calls it a "pipe-dream"). But the book was written in 2002, so hopefully the products that have come out after that are more effective. (e.g., fem-dophilus, released in 2006) Do I *know* that it's a cure? No. But the way it claims to work makes the most medical sense, and the research is good. Step in the right direction, at the very least.
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 07:34 AM) *
I have put more than a year into researching this stuff and ladies everything that I have put in these posts have been true. Look them up for yourself and don't let asshole tell you any different.

Yeah ... but it's all been pretty much USELESS, hasn't it?

Because from your research you should have learned ATROPHIC VAGINITIS is not the same thing as BV.

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 07:32 AM) *
I've been here for a year and a half and I don't remember any one girl complaining of green discharge.

Wow, that's just not true.

Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass. Why have you gone crazy, Neverending? Was me saying your Dr. Helen is a quack really that upsetting? That buying unlabeled hormone pills from the internet is a bad idea? That's got you so mad you've lost your marbles?

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 07:32 AM) *
Did your doctor do a wet prep or culture? I remember being in the lab and everytime we got a prep in where the tip (of the swab) was green, it was usually TRICH. I'm not trying to say anyone has been unfaithful to you. It's just a thought!

For the record, I'm the one who alerted the Trich possibility in here just a couple of weeks ago, and Neverending is the one who pooh-pooh'ed that suggestion.

Very fascinating.
bvgirl
ANITSIRHC--no no! it definitely helped and lessened the bv and symptoms. when it does come back it's actually different then it was before. it's thinner, it's like light brownish pinkish in color (instead of thick and yellowish-green) and it doesn't smell as bad, actually it's a completely different smell. it does smell though. and i did mess up with the dossage once. i went away for a long weekend and didn't realized i only had enough yeast arrest for 2 of the 4 days, so i kind of spread them out so they would last me until i got home and got a new jar. and while i did that, it did come back after like 2 days of not using it right. so maybe that's why it didn't work? that's the only time i messed up... i'm not sure if i should try it again for longer or if i should try something new. i didn't have any side effects except for a little itching once in a while. i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks to vegas and i don't want to have the green discharge while i'm there so after that i will decide what to do. i think i will only use the yeast arrest once every 2 or 3 days for now just to keep it away until i get back and decide what to do. thanks bvgirl for your help.

My response:
I wish you all the luck in finding that it will help you in the long run and or finding a product that better suits you..I am a little concerned about the discharge you are describing.. The reason why I say that is that I do not experience a brownish pinkish with yeast arrest.. The discharge I have is just the leftovers of the suppository which is yellowish. Also, I did not experience the greenish.. I just wanted to point that out to you.. We are all different but with the discharge you are describing I just have not experienced that... Just voicing some concerns..If you feel like you are having some discharge that may worry you please go to the doctor and get checked out to see if there may be something else involved..You are much welcomed.. I thank you and the rest for your help..Teamwork to this helps us all...
lori
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 07:48 AM) *
If you feel like you are having some discharge that may worry you please go to the doctor and get checked out to see if there may be something else involved..

Yeap.

Good to see more voices of reason, finally.
bvgirl
Like, I stated before I take my probiotics with the yeast arrest.. Logically, anyone dealing with re ocurring bv and bv symptoms would gradually see that it may take a combination of things to use not to say overkill and irritate the vagina but not one over the counter or prescribed medicine that "cures" is the ONLY answer to help with bv and or reocurring bv symptoms... Just like I stated and use myself probiotics help and can help greatly and you just stated it too.. There is no miracle prescribed medicine and or over the counter product.. What works well for one may not be the answer for another..That is why bv and reocurring bv is so frustrating to deal with...A combination of the right products whether it be prescribed and or over the counter may help some and may or may not help relieve some for a prolonged time or not.. BV, is not just a simple situation to deal with..
bvgirl
TEAMWORK..TEAMWORK... Helps us all out..Being sensitive towards others and focusing on creating a positive atmosphere with our suggestions, opinions and views.. Lets continue to help one another and be kind towards one another..
lori
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 08:16 AM) *
TEAMWORK..TEAMWORK... Helps us all out..Being sensitive towards others and focusing on creating a positive atmosphere with our suggestions, opinions and views.. Lets continue to help one another and be kind towards one another..

Yeah, I'm totally for that. I'm not here to fight.

All I said to Christina is:

1. don't use Estroil
2. don't expect boric acid to have cured you

Both sound advice, and I was rewarded with curses. I did not respond in kind, I just said what NEEDED TO BE SAID.
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 03:48 PM) *
Yeah ... but it's all been pretty much USELESS, hasn't it?

Because from your research you should have learned ATROPHIC VAGINITIS is not the same thing as BV.
Wow, that's just not true. Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass.
For the record, I'm the one who alerted the Trich possibility in here just a couple of weeks ago, and Neverending is the one who pooh-pooh'ed that suggestion.

Fascinating.

1. Of course I know that Atrophic vaginitis and BV aren't the same thing. DUH! I'm saying I got bv because of the Atrophic vag.

Complications Return to top

Atrophic vaginitis may make you more prone to vaginal infections caused by bacteria or fungi (yeast).

Atrophic vaginitis can also cause open sores or cracks in the vaginal wall.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000892.htm

2.I said I don't remember. I didn't say I was positive none of the girls had green discharge.

3. Are you looking for PRAISE LORI? Everybody say hail LORI. LOL! You are a control freak and I believe you have come to this board not to help people but to further frustrate them. And for the record, I usually skip over your posts but as I was going down the page and saw my name in your post, I had to read it. So, with that being said, I have no clue what you said 2 weeks ago. rolleyes.gif
bvgirl
SMILE EVERYONE...LIVE TODAY LIKE YOU HAVE NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD..YOU DONT CARE THAT YOU MAY BE HAVING BV AND OR BV SYMPTOMS, YOU DONT CARE THAT YOUR BOSS IS ON YOU BACK ALL THE TIME, YOU DONT CARE THAT THE SINK DRIPS ALL NIGHT,LOL... All I am saying is that we are all in the same boat and we are frustrated at times and angry because of this bv but just realize if you keep pluggin in and stay informed about our battle with bv you will conquer it.. Yes, it is a headache..Yes, I it is stressful but ladies hang in there.. Laugh a little if you can, smile even if you dont want to because of bv.. Just know that you will find relief.. I truly do believe that.. If you are experiencing any unsual discharges and or something suspect please go to the doctor we want you all healthy and we are not doctors so please get the appropriate help..We care.. That is my story and I am sticking to it...LOL
I just had to say that.. Sorry if it was cheesy..
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 04:21 PM) *
Yeah, I'm totally for that. I'm not here to fight.

All I said to Christina is:

1. don't use Estroil
2. don't expect boric acid to have cured you

Both sound advice, and I was rewarded with curses. I did not respond in kind, I just said what NEEDED TO BE SAID.

How can you tell someone what NOT to use SOMETHING? Again, CONTROL FREAK!

AGAIN LADIES, ALL LORI DOES IS TRY TO DEMEAN AND BELITTLE THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD.THERE IS NO TEAMWORK WITH LORI!

Jewels: Who is that other girl who got booted off this board by everyone? This might be her under another screen name. laugh.gif
neverending
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 04:27 PM) *
SMILE EVERYONE...LIVE TODAY LIKE YOU HAVE NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD..YOU DONT CARE THAT YOU MAY BE HAVING BV AND OR BV SYMPTOMS, YOU DONT CARE THAT YOUR BOSS IS ON YOU BACK ALL THE TIME, YOU DONT CARE THAT THE SINK DRIPS ALL NIGHT,LOL... All I am saying is that we are all in the same boat and we are frustrated at times and angry because of this bv but just realize if you keep pluggin in and stay informed about our battle with bv you will conquer it.. Yes, it is a headache..Yes, I it is stressful but ladies hang in there.. Laugh a little if you can, smile even if you dont want to because of bv.. Just know that you will find relief.. I truly do believe that.. If you are experiencing any unsual discharges and or something suspect please go to the doctor we want you all healthy and we are not doctors so please get the appropriate help..We care.. That is my story and I am sticking to it...LOL

Agree but I have to speak up. I use to love coming to this board but lately we have got some real fruit cakes coming in and that makes me angry. Especially when I have tried so hard to keep quiet.
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 08:23 AM) *
And for the record, I usually skip over your posts but as I was going down the page and saw my name in your post, I had to read it. So, with that being said, I have no clue what you said 2 weeks ago. rolleyes.gif

That is a total lie, because you specifically REPLIED to and QUOTED my post (refuting my suggestion to consider Trich as an alternate diagnosis):

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 14 2007, 07:37 AM) *
Lori: I understand that what you read said it is not always detected but I'm speaking from experience TRICH IS VERY NOTICEABLE.

You've really lost it, 'neverending'. Making stuff up, pulling stuff out of your ass, now you're just flat-out LYING.

Tsk-tsk, so sad.

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 14 2007, 07:37 AM) *
Are you looking for PRAISE LORI? Everybody say hail LORI. LOL! You are a control freak and I believe you have come to this board not to help people but to further frustrate them.

That's pretty hypocritical of you.

Because I'm not the one who loses my shit because someone disagrees with my suggestion on a product to try. You don't even try to defend your suggestion, you just go bonkers and start calling people names and telling them to go to hell. And I'm the control freak?

Bottom line: I'm just trying to tell people - they should think twice before ordering unlabeled hormone products from some PO Box. You, on the other hand, WANT them to buy Estroil SO BADLY that my suggestion that they shouldn't pisses you off so much that you palpably lose your mind.

You're the biggest control freak here. Or Dr. Helen? Either way, you're a nutbar.

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 08:29 AM) *
How can you tell someone what NOT to use SOMETHING? Again, CONTROL FREAK!

People say that in here ALL THE TIME. "Don't use Enzara!" "Don't use Tetrasil!" That's not control-freaky. That's called ADVICE.

Seeing you grasping at straws like this was sort of funny, a little sad ... but now it's crossed over to pathetic.

"Don't use Estroil." Yeah, THIS makes me a control freak. *shrug* Oh well.
cheryl
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 11:27 AM) *

thanks for making me smile this morning I am new here Cheryl
neverending
Lori: If you can read........I said "I usually skip over your posts". What is the key word here? Come on Lori..........I know you can do it.........Oh, might it be USUALLY. Again I don't have to keep responding to your bull for the women on this board to see who is full of it. It looks like YOU have lost it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AGAIN LADIES, ALL LORI DOES IS TRY TO DEMEAN AND BELITTLE THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD.
neverending
Welcome to the board Cheryl. The board is usually not like this.
cheryl
Has anyone here looked at the Earth Clinic site? I'm sure you have, everyone here seems to have alot of info . Has anyone tried the folic acid remedy that I saw on that site, just wondering probably just another thing that will leave me frustrated !!??
bvgirl
QUOTE(cheryl @ Jun 27 2007, 10:49 AM) *
thanks for making me smile this morning I am new here Cheryl

Welcome aboard.. We are here to help out one another.. I have been here for a few months and I have learned so much from everyone here.. The information and products.. Most everyone here is very helpful.. Kind words are much appreciated..
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 08:52 AM) *

That's true, Cheryl. It's "usually not like this." For the first 80 pages or so, it's been full of ignorance, rudeness towards newbies, medically unsound advice, and the relentless peddling of sketchy products. For a whole year it's been a long record of bad ideas resulting in wasted time and money at best, and injury and tore-up vaginas at worst.
cheryl
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 11:52 AM) *

thanks for the welcome sounds like my house the past few days with the heat lol we got air conditioners put in last night though!! i have enough burning down below lol
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 08:51 AM) *
Lori: If you can read........I said "I usually skip over your posts". What is the key word here? Come on Lori..........I know you can do it.........Oh, might it be USUALLY.

But you said you have "no clue" what I wrote. What's the key word there?

Why are you lying? Why do you KEEP lying? Are you embarrassed that you're just copying me by suggesting Trich? AFTER you said I was wrong about that?

I guess my research was compelling. Well, that's good.

It looks like YOU have lost it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maniacal laughter is a sign of madness.

AGAIN LADIES, ALL LORI DOES IS TRY TO DEMEAN AND BELITTLE THE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD.

No, just you and Jewelscando.
cheryl
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 11:57 AM) *
That's true, Cheryl. It's "usually not like this." For the first 80 pages or so, it's been full of ignorance, rudeness towards newbies, medically unsound advice, and the relentless peddling of sketchy products. For a whole year it's been a long record of bad ideas resulting in wasted time and money at best, and injury and tore-up vaginas at worst.

thanks Lori hello to everyone I'm new at this whole posting thing bear with me this problem has been under a year for me how do you girls deal with this sooooo long in many cases god bless your patience. now i feel like telling myself don't wine so much Cheryl, its been a short time for you!!
neverending
Lori: Have you ever wondered why people jump on you? Because you are full of shit and people can see it. You have come here looking for PRAISE! You are a control freak and you have not come here to help but to tear people down and make them feel worse then they already feel.

Lori's quote:

You have just insulted everyone that has ever been or are on this board not just me and jewels. You are not wanted here and probably no where else either. People can't stand you and this is an example why you are not liked.

Lori's quote:
That's true, Cheryl. It's "usually not like this."
You've only been here for what a month or so? and since you've been here the board has been like this. If your not part of the solution your the problem and like i've said before EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT. This is a support group WHERE PEOPLE COME AND SHARE THEIR IDEAS not tear each other down. We don't need that here.
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 09:14 AM) *
You have come here looking for PRAISE! You are a control freak and you have not come here to help but to tear people down and make them feel worse then they already feel.

That doesn't make any sense. If I just want PRAISE! why would I "tear anyone down" or "make them feel bad?" If I just want PRAISE! I would just kiss everyone's ass, right?

But you know, the way you keep bringing PRAISE! give me a clue into why you AND Jewels have gotten so mad, when I suggested that maybe what you guys were suggesting were not good ideas. You don't really care if these things actually help anyone, you just want people to follow you like a sheep full of PRAISE!

You see, I am the opposite. I'd rather be helpful, and whether I'm liked is of secondary importance.

(Not that I enjoy being cussed out, however. I'm not a fucking martyr.)

I don't know why neither of you are capable of having a civilized conversation, but ... *shrug* I don't know, I guess you guys feel threatened and it makes you crazy or something. Someone dares to disturb the castle that vaginal-flagyl and Estroil have built ...? I don't know. You both are nutters. (Not to mention, you're a liar, too.)

You are a control freak and you have not come here to help but to tear people down and make them feel worse then they already feel.

Hey, I'm just trying to stop people from from shoving flagyl tablets or Estroil up their vaginas.

You have just insulted everyone that has ever been or are on this board not just me and jewels.

Oh no, I meant to insult just you and Jewels.
neverending
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 05:18 PM) *
Hey, I'm just trying to stop people from from shoving flagyl tablets or Estroil up their vaginas.
Oh no, I meant to insult just you and Jewels.

Right! rolleyes.gif AS I SAID BEFORE CONTROL FREAK! No, you meant to insult EVERYONE on this board so cut your bullshit. As I said before and i'll say it again everyone can see it. tongue.gif
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 09:28 AM) *
Right! rolleyes.gif AS I SAID BEFORE CONTROL FREAK! No, you meant to insult EVERYONE on this board so cut your bullshit. As I said before and i'll say it again everyone can see it. tongue.gif

*YAWN*

Yeah, okay whatever. This is going in circles.
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 05:18 PM) *
But you know, the way you keep bringing PRAISE! give me a clue into why you AND Jewels have gotten so mad, when I suggested that maybe what you guys were suggesting were not good ideas. You don't really care if these things actually help anyone, you just want people to follow you like a sheep full of PRAISE!

Does this sound like you are suggesting? Here is your quote:
Neverending, if you're reading - it's very irresponsible of you that you've been recommending this product to other members in here, after insisting that you have atrophic vaginitis! It's a different condition! At the very least, you should have suggested that members first verify their hormonal problems with their doctors!

As another member posted (see June 17) - you shouldn't mess around with hormone products. At least not from some quack who sells unlabeled hormone pills from a PO Box in Irvine, California.

Maybe this will help you out!

Definition of suggest:
*imply as a possibility
*hint: drop a hint; intimate by a hint

Are you telling me i'm irresponsible or are you suggesting. laugh.gif

Are you getting tired of tasting your own medicine?

Lori's quote: *YAWN*

Yeah, okay whatever. This is going in circles.
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 09:52 AM) *
Definition of suggest:
*imply as a possibility
*hint: drop a hint; intimate by a hint

Is that a children's dictionary you are reading?

Because Websters online says:

1 a obsolete : to seek to influence : SEDUCE b : to call forth : EVOKE c : to mention or imply as a possibility <suggested that he might bring his family> d : to propose as desirable or fitting <suggest a stroll> e : to offer for consideration or as a hypothesis <suggest a solution to a problem>
2 a : to call to mind by thought or association <the explosion...suggested sabotage -- F. L. Paxson> b : to serve as a motive or inspiration for <a play suggested by a historic incident>

Neverending, are you actually going to try and truncate a DICTIONARY definition to make your facile point? Do you really think no one else has access to a DICTIONARY so they can't see for themselves what a liar you are?

Or were you just hoping that no one learned in first grade that words can have secondary meanings?

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 09:52 AM) *
Are you getting tired of tasting your own medicine?

My own medicine? Huh?

Oh, okay. So because I proved that you were lying by quoting your own words, you're trying to accuse me of misusing a word (oh my!) by using a dictionary definition. I get it.

Except ... you even mess that up.

I feel like laughing, but I can't. I just feel so sorry for you.
CanCan
QUOTE(cheryl @ Jun 27 2007, 11:55 AM) *
Has anyone here looked at the Earth Clinic site? I'm sure you have, everyone here seems to have alot of info . Has anyone tried the folic acid remedy that I saw on that site, just wondering probably just another thing that will leave me frustrated !!??

Thanks cheryl for the Earth Clinic website idea. I just looked at it, and it had some interesting information on iodine cures. I am going to run out and buy a bottle of it, and see if it helps or not.
neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 06:00 PM) *
Is that a children's dictionary you are reading?

Because Websters online says:
Neverending, are you actually going to try and truncate a DICTIONARY definition to make your facile point? Do you really think no one else has access to a DICTIONARY so they can't see for themselves what a liar you are?

Or were you just hoping that no one learned in first grade that words can have secondary meanings?
My own medicine? Huh?

Oh, okay. So because I proved that you were lying by quoting your own words, you're trying to accuse me of misusing a word (oh my!) by using a dictionary definition. I get it.

Except ... you even mess that up.

I feel like laughing, but I can't. I just feel so sorry for you.

Like I've said before CONTROL FREAK! You are like a child.I'm sure you know all too well the child that ran around calling people names and when that child finds out no one likes them they try to scorn everyone and pretend that everyone else is either crazy or dumb. As I said before, you don't like the taste of your own medicine. Now THAT is funny! laugh.gif
A child deserves a childrens dictionary. So shut up and take your spanking. lol
I KNOW IT HURTS TO FIND OUT NO ONE LIKES YOU
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 27 2007, 10:18 AM) *
I'm sure you know all too well the child that ran around calling people names and when that child finds out no one likes them they try to scorn everyone and pretend that everyone else is either crazy or dumb.

I'm not pretending that you're crazy and dumb.

Besides, you're the one who called me names. I didn't call you any names. So ... what does that say about you?
sassy
Cheryl: Some of the girls on here, including myself, tried taking folic acid awhile back. For me, it helped lessen my discharge a bit but overall, not much changed.
sassy
Oh, and while all of this fighting is DUMB...I am thankful for Lori because she has brought a lot of new and important information to this board. She also questions everthing which is good since there are a lot of scams out there when it comes to helping with BV.
CanCan

Cheryl,
Folic Acid is an important nutrient for a woman. Especially if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. I am planning on getting pregnant, so I started taking the folic acid, one tablet per day (1mg). Apparently you have to start taking it before becoming pregnant. In fact, all women planning on becoming pregnant should be taking prenatals ahead of time, so you have a headstart on your health.

I have been taking Folic Acid tablets for the past month, and feel better. I haven't had BV symptoms for the past two months. I'm not saying that the folic acid got rid of the infection. Who knows what is going on. But I know it couldn't be hurting. I will post a list later of all the vitamins etc. that I am taking. Keep in mind that certain vitamins are manufactured in your intestines, and if you have a bacterial infection - the bad microbes are crowding out the beneficial bacteria, then you will be low in those nutrients. Because the good bacteria synthesize them. Folic acid also helps heal your cervix. Read bottom link.

[ Folic acid (pteroylglutamic acid) is necessary for the synthesis of nucleic acids and for cell replication. Folic acid deficiency results in an impaired maturation of red blood cells (erythrocytes). Folates are synthesized by bacteria and plants and are hydrolyzed to folic acid in the intestine. Milk and fruit are the main sources of folic acid, providing on averageā€¦ ]

[There is growing evidence that certain vitamins, such as folic acid, play a role in cervical health. A poor diet may also cause the immune system to weaken, decreasing the body's ability to fight viruses such as HPV.

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervica...sia/index.shtml ]

neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 06:23 PM) *
I'm not pretending that you're crazy and dumb.

Besides, you're the one who called me names. So ... what does that say about you?

I'm giving you a taste of what others have experienced from you.
I KNOW IT HURTS THAT NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE besides SASSY. Why don't you leave and let everyone here get back to normal without your constant insults. We are looking to support each other not put each other down. I think EVERYONE HERE will agree(EXCEPT SASSY) that you are not wanted. I think you know that and are hurt. Nobody likes an asshole!
lori
QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 27 2007, 10:26 AM) *
Oh, and while all of this fighting is DUMB...

I totally agree. And I'm sorry, I apologize.

I guess I just got a little pissed when someone told me I should "shut my fucking mouth" and that I should "go to hell" etc.

QUOTE(sassy @ Jun 27 2007, 10:26 AM) *
I am thankful for Lori because she has brought a lot of new and important information to this board. She also questions everthing which is good since there are a lot of scams out there when it comes to helping with BV.

Thank you, Sassy. I really appreciate you saying that. I am here to *try* and help. I wish I had a magic pill, I would share it with everyone.
CanCan
Morphia, and everyone else that wants to heal their cervix:

[ Vitamin B9 (folic acid) is critical to synthesis of normal DNA as cells divide from one generation to the next. Cells that line the cervix replace themselves every 7-14 days and therefore, the cells must continuously form DNA as part of their genetic structure. Previous studies have demonstrated that poor folic acid status can lead to DNA abnormalities with subsequent development of cervical dysplasia or megaloblastic features of cervical cells (large abnormal cell appearance).

http://www.tidesoflife.com/cervical_dysplasia.htm ]

[ There is growing evidence that certain vitamins, such as folic acid, play a role in cervical health. A poor diet may also cause the immune system to weaken, decreasing the body's ability to fight viruses such as HPV.

http://www.womenshealthchannel.com/cervica...sia/index.shtml ]
CanCan

Hey new girl,
Thanks again for the Folic Acid idea. I forgot everything great that I read about it before. Making Progress (I don't know if she is here anymore) also mentioned that it got rid of her BV for a year. It also has been linked to mood stabilization. So all people out there that want to elevate their mood a little - this may be your chill pill. Again, not be repetative, we all may be low in this, because of our infections. If you have less beneficial bacteria in your body, i.e. your intestines, you will be deficient. I am taking half a milligram with breakfast, and the other half the pill with dinner. And the stuff is cheap. Five bucks a bottle when I bought it.

[ Coppen A, Bolander-Gouaille C. (2005). "Treatment of depression: time to consider folic acid and vitamin B12". Journal of Psychopharmacology 19 (1): 59-65

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15671130 ]
anitsirhc
QUOTE(lori @ Jun 27 2007, 11:57 AM) *

lori, you don't seem to like this board very much. you've said more than once that you thought people's ideas were "stupid" and you think everyone is wrong. so then WHY ARE YOU HERE?! if you hate it so much, then LEAVE! you never have anything good to say. all you do is bash everything everyone else says. you don't like the board, nobody here likes you so just go! stop writing and pissing everyone off, you're no help at all.

i used to like writing here because people would write back and relate to me and make me feel better and i could relate to others. lately it just makes me more upset. and you know why? it's because of you lori, nobody else, just you. so thanks for ruining it.

stress makes bv worse, you piss people off and cause them stress, so you're actually making things worse. so why don't you do everyone a favor and just shutup so we can all calm down.
anitsirhc
QUOTE(bvgirl @ Jun 27 2007, 10:48 AM) *
ANITSIRHC--no no! it definitely helped and lessened the bv and symptoms. when it does come back it's actually different then it was before. it's thinner, it's like light brownish pinkish in color (instead of thick and yellowish-green) and it doesn't smell as bad, actually it's a completely different smell. it does smell though. and i did mess up with the dossage once. i went away for a long weekend and didn't realized i only had enough yeast arrest for 2 of the 4 days, so i kind of spread them out so they would last me until i got home and got a new jar. and while i did that, it did come back after like 2 days of not using it right. so maybe that's why it didn't work? that's the only time i messed up... i'm not sure if i should try it again for longer or if i should try something new. i didn't have any side effects except for a little itching once in a while. i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks to vegas and i don't want to have the green discharge while i'm there so after that i will decide what to do. i think i will only use the yeast arrest once every 2 or 3 days for now just to keep it away until i get back and decide what to do. thanks bvgirl for your help.

My response:
I wish you all the luck in finding that it will help you in the long run and or finding a product that better suits you..I am a little concerned about the discharge you are describing.. The reason why I say that is that I do not experience a brownish pinkish with yeast arrest.. The discharge I have is just the leftovers of the suppository which is yellowish. Also, I did not experience the greenish.. I just wanted to point that out to you.. We are all different but with the discharge you are describing I just have not experienced that... Just voicing some concerns..If you feel like you are having some discharge that may worry you please go to the doctor and get checked out to see if there may be something else involved..You are much welcomed.. I thank you and the rest for your help..Teamwork to this helps us all...

the brownish pinkish discharge i've been having is what i get after the yeast arrest isn't coming out anymore and after a day or two it seems like the bv comes back. it's not the yeast arrest coming out, it's the bv returning. at least i think that's what it is, it smells so that's what i'm assuming. the yellowish greenish dischgarge is what i used to have when i had bv really bad before i ever tried yeast arrest. my doctor told me the yellowish-greenish was bv a while ago (like in october.) i think my discharge now (pinkish-brownish) though is a combination if discharge and a little bit of spotting since i switched birth controls this month (which also may be contributing to the returning bv since i feel like CRAP from the bc... moodiness, cravings, all that fun stuff) and i've spotted a little bit before when i started a new bc. i need to go to the doctor about birth control anyway so i'll have them check everything out... again.
bvgirl
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jun 27 2007, 03:25 PM) *
the brownish pinkish discharge i've been having is what i get after the yeast arrest isn't coming out anymore and after a day or two it seems like the bv comes back. it's not the yeast arrest coming out, it's the bv returning. at least i think that's what it is, it smells so that's what i'm assuming. the yellowish greenish dischgarge is what i used to have when i had bv really bad before i ever tried yeast arrest. my doctor told me the yellowish-greenish was bv a while ago (like in october.) i think my discharge now (pinkish-brownish) though is a combination if discharge and a little bit of spotting since i switched birth controls this month (which also may be contributing to the returning bv since i feel like CRAP from the bc... moodiness, cravings, all that fun stuff) and i've spotted a little bit before when i started a new bc. i need to go to the doctor about birth control anyway so i'll have them check everything out... again.

Hang in there dear.. Okay..SMILE.. laugh.gif
lori
QUOTE(cheryl @ Jun 26 2007, 02:08 PM) *
Anyway meanwhile I've used acv hp garlic tea tree oil am going to store tonight to get rephresh maybe will try baking soda dove soap or phisoderm ?? good luck to all Cheryl smile.gif

Cheryl - Thumbs down on the baking soda (how do you plan to use it?) You want your vagina to be acidic, and baking soda is alkaline, which is the opposite of what you want.

Also, check out my blog (link is in my sig) - it's a compedium of info. from this thread. I also recommend The V Book (Dr. Elizabeth Stewart). I think those are good places to start.

Dove soap is good to use (neutral pH). There are other feminine cleansers you might want to try, too.

I personally wouldn't use phisoderm because I've used it on my face before, and I feel like it didn't rinse off well. But that's just my experience.
Peggy-in-FL
I had BV since I started my period many years ago. Sex dose not cause BV, Bacteria causes BV. Oddly, I read somewhere of Scientist doing test on of what smells arroused men, BV smell was the smell that arroused the men the most in this study.
arj75
QUOTE(Peggy-in-FL @ Jun 27 2007, 09:26 PM) *
I had BV since I started my period many years ago. Sex dose not cause BV, Bacteria causes BV. Oddly, I read somewhere of Scientist doing test on of what smells arroused men, BV smell was the smell that arroused the men the most in this study.

Well, Peggy, you most be a lucky one of the bunch. Because, Not only does the smell make me want to vomit, but bothered my partner greatly as well. (He also broke up with me) Not to mention that we had a quickie one day while the children were outside .. and when the children came back inside and said OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT AWFUL FISH SMELL...it makes you want to go crawl inside a hole and hide. I'm glad your stinch isn't that bad, your a very lucky woman!

arj75
I don't know what the hell happened in here today. Why is this forum no longer a support group? I'm really pissed. Lori, you really need to lose the know it all attitude it's fucking annoying as hell.

Bacterial vaginosis "isn't an active infection" according to definition, it's an imbalance of flora.

Actually one out of four women have success in just choosing to ignore it, and has had luck with the body rebalancing itself. (If you can stand the massive stinch of course). I have the feeling that you don't have to fight bv as often as many of us here, and that's why it's so easy for you to pass judgement on how we decide to treat ourselves, since many (like myself) have no fucking insurance, and can't afford to go to the doctor week after week. AND FUCK PLANNED PARENTHOOD TOO.

There is a reason MANY women are choosing to refrain from using antibotics. Have you ever heard of bacteria resistance, maybe we don't want to make matters worse than they already are. There is a strain of E. Coli. now, that WE HAVE NO ANTIBOTICS THAT WILL KILL IT. I'm not gonna attach a link, I don't feel the need, it's true. There are no rules at this forum, so any member can say whatever the fuck she wants.

Do you have listed in your blog of the many adverse side effects that the antibotics the many quacks are prescribing to us? I will list them all tommorow.

It's our bodies, no one else is helping, I'm not gonna sit around with my thumb up my ass crying about it. I will do whatever I feel the need to do.

You make remarks of my "out there" theories..Do you have a clue as to the many countless fungi, bacteria, and parasites that are shipped into our country? Do you think bananas grow in our backyards here? THEY ALL ARE IMPORTED.

I was munching down on some apples the other day, just happened to notice.... WHAT THE FUCK?!? They came from CHILI?? (MOLD at the bottom of the bag) IT IS OUR BODIES SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'm tired of your shit too.

neverending
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jun 28 2007, 03:55 AM) *
Well, Peggy, you most be a lucky one of the bunch. Because, Not only does the smell make me want to vomit, but bothered my partner greatly as well. (He also broke up with me) Not to mention that we had a quickie one day while the children were outside .. and when the children came back inside and said OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT AWFUL FISH SMELL...it makes you want to go crawl inside a hole and hide. I'm glad your stinch isn't that bad, your a very lucky woman!

Oh my G-d I feel you! I was talking to one of my friends when his young son walked up. He didn't say anything at first but then he tapped his father on his leg, looked up, and said "poop". Like what's that poop smell. I thought G-d why me!
anitsirhc
so i am going to planned parenthood on friday. mainly to talk about birth control. oh and that "brownish pinkish" discharge i described was in fact spotting. because now i am bleeding. so i was going to get checked for bv on friday but now i probably won't be able to.
pympmama1
You know I have been thinking about birth control......I cannot remember while on birth control having BV. If it is indeed a hormonal imbalance that may balance me out.... but something has got to give..... I am scared to get intimate with a guy b/c it smells like the catch of the day. Guys alway think that u are a dirty girl and don't take baths or have a STD

Lori- neverending and jewels has been here a very long time try not to alienate them. This board is about trial and error. We offer suggestion that is why we are here .... I think things go wrong when ..... condescensions and thinking your way is the only way or the one right way.... In the 9month that I have been here I have seen thinks work for some and not for others... I come to the conclusion that no two women's bodies are alike. Lori I realize you are trying to help but you have to consider that NO TWO WOMEN"S BODIES ARE ALIKE and u cannot condemn or disapprove of things that are working for some on this board. It is not for any of us to place judgment on what has been successful.... Lori continue being helpful.... but without judgment and condemnation... Thanks for the blog it is helpful

Now : back to why I am here....... It has been a little over a decade since I used birth control... there are so many different kinds now that they did not have 10 yrs ago.... Is there one that is better than other.... can someone enlighten me.... ohmy.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.