Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
arj75
QUOTE(anitsirhc @ Jul 7 2007, 03:20 AM) *
lori hasn't posted and deleted her blog... did anyone notice?

I figured she would do that..we didn't need a "Nurse Ratchett" around here anyways. Has anyone seen the movie "the one who flew over the coo coo nest" with Jack Nickleson"....it's an old movie..but the nurse would remind you of her.

I read an article in a women's magazine yesterday..and since IBS has been brought up in here, I wanted to tell you about this article....

It might not be "IBS" lol There is another condition called SIBO. it is treated with rifaximin. A simple breath test detects this bacteria. This poor girl suffered from it for over a year before it was correctly diagnosed.

Here's the list of symtoms for (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth SIBO) anyone who thinks they have IBS...maybe it is maybe it isn't...

abdominal bloat/pain/cramps
chronic constipation/regular diarrhea
digestive sensitivities to foods that caused no problems before
muscle and joint aches
brain fog/trouble concentrating
blue mood
lowered immunity/catching every cold and flu
thinning hair/brittle nails/ excessively dry or oily skin

says that 20 million est. 20 million women have this syndrome..it is on the rise due to higher consumption of processed foods and antacids....

The article was in a women's magazine called "First" July 30, 2007
Italianwife88
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 7 2007, 08:48 AM) *
I figured she would do that..we didn't need a "Nurse Ratchett" around here anyways. Has anyone seen the movie "the one who flew over the coo coo nest" with Jack Nickleson"....it's an old movie..but the nurse would remind you of her.

I read an article in a women's magazine yesterday..and since IBS has been brought up in here, I wanted to tell you about this article....

It might not be "IBS" lol There is another condition called SIBO. it is treated with rifaximin. A simple breath test detects this bacteria. This poor girl suffered from it for over a year before it was correctly diagnosed.

Here's the list of symtoms for (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth SIBO) anyone who thinks they have IBS...maybe it is maybe it isn't...

muscle and joint aches
blue mood

says that 20 million est. 20 million women have this syndrome..it is on the rise due to higher consumption of processed foods and antacids....

lately i have been thinking I have IBS because i have symptoms like

constipation
bloating pain cramps
joint aches
thinning hair and loosing hair
weight loss 10 lbs
brain fog- i feel like im trapped out of the part of my brain that lets me focus.
continues rumbles in my abs.
gas
dont have BMS regular anymore.

when i started to read about SIBO- the symptoms started to click and im thinking i have this. Its too bad i have to live with it until i get enough money to go to the doctor, or buy insurance.
jewelscando
I noticed she (Lori) wasn't posting...BUT...DID YOU ALL NOTICE that once I mentioned she was PROBABLY the same lady from last year (the Holistic lady) THAT IS WHEN SHE FINALLY STOPPED POSTING....HMMMMMMMMM

Oh well.....less stress for all of us...To bad she deleted her blog though. That took alot of time I'm sure, and IT WAS HELPFULL.

Everything's going good here for me. Still SMELLLESS...from using the Flagyl vaginally, AND, STOPPED having Sex with my ex boyfriend. I have a new one now...and we've hand sex atleast 15 -20 times in the past few months, and NOT EVEN A HINT OF SMELL has come back. Ex was a cheater. I had B.V. the ENTIRE 5yrs we were together. So...what fixed me?? Flagyl vaginally, or switching boyfriends?? Not sure...but...all I can say...is THANK YOU to whover mentioned BOTH!!! HAHAHAHA!!
neverending
Lori deleted her blog? Very childish! I knew that would happen. All you had to do was look at her character.
lori
QUOTE(neverending @ Jul 7 2007, 03:17 PM) *
Lori deleted her blog? Very childish! I knew that would happen. All you had to do was look at her character.

Yes, I deleted my blog. How is that childish? You and Christina told me to go away. That no one likes me, and I'm very unhelpful. In fact, you both told me I haven't helped a single person in here.

So I'm just doing what you told me to do. Why do you have a problem with that? Do you really expect anyone to stick around after all your abuse?

But you're right about one thing. "All you had to do was look at [my] character." Character defines all of us. And your character is that of a LIAR. You are such a liar that you even lie about a dictionary definition. That is YOUR character.

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jul 7 2007, 01:01 PM) *
I noticed she (Lori) wasn't posting...BUT...DID YOU ALL NOTICE that once I mentioned she was PROBABLY the same lady from last year (the Holistic lady) THAT IS WHEN SHE FINALLY STOPPED POSTING....HMMMMMMMMM

Oh well.....less stress for all of us...To bad she deleted her blog though. That took alot of time I'm sure, and IT WAS HELPFULL.

That is "chachaheels" who still posts in the Lounge. That is NOT me, I've proved it, and you know it. This is libel/slander. You need to stop saying this.

QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 7 2007, 05:48 AM) *

Arj75, no one cares about your big bag of bullshit, and no one ever did. You seem to conveniently forget that your original fight was with Jewels, who told you to shut up about your drug use and yeast obsessions. I stepped in and dialogued with you because I thought she was rude and I felt bad for you. In fact, I'm the only one who ever paid any attention to your crazy ravings. (I gave you the benefit of the doubt, it was my mistake.)

So don't blame me because no one is listening to your paranoid ravings about foreign bananas, and no one ever will.

--

My blog was a list of things I learned about BV, and posting it was my attempt to help others suffering from BV. That was ALL I tried to do in here.

I tried very hard to NOT fight with anyone in here. When a fight became nasty I ALWAYS walked away first. When others baited me, I frequently ignored them. These are facts. My posting history is still here, you can verify it. I was not here to fight.

However, I tried to speak out against suggestions which I thought were harmful, and I defended myself against lies, and vulgar, uncivilized insults. And basically, I realized that I don't have time for this part. Some people in here don't care about information, or other people's health, they only care if people think they're right. I don't have time for that kind of bullshit.

So, I leave you to Hulda Clark, The Zapper, vaginal-flagyl and Dr. Helen. Hope the crackpots and cuckoos serve you well.
jewelscando
Well Lori, I unblocked ya so I could see what you had to say this time...

You are right on so many different levels, but, wrong as well. I'm sorry for any hurtfull or slander you felt I threw your way. I think most of the problems with alot of us here is, everytime we came up with something, you shot it down in a condenscending manner. I don't think you meant it like that, but unfortunately, you can't read peoples TONE in typing...well, I guess sometimes you can..but I think that's where we all got confused.

Again, I apologize for the stupidness. I hope you re-consider putting your blog back up. My sister in law confided in me one day that she's going through B.V. and I recommend your blog to her. ABOVE EVERYTHING, that was awesome what you did.

Please don't respond with hatred. I'm not here to fight with you or anyone else. I just wanted to let you know I apologize...and sorry things got so out of control. I, just like you, stayed away for a bit, and it helped me see that I personally was getting so wrapped up in trying to make people see my way. And you can't do that in here. We are all so different, with different things going on in our lifes.

Hope everything works out for you, and again, please re-consider putting your blog back up. I know you spent alot of time on it, and it WAS very helpfull.

neverending
QUOTE(lori @ Jul 8 2007, 01:55 AM) *
Yes, I deleted my blog. How is that childish? You and Christina told me to go away. That no one likes me, and I'm very unhelpful. In fact, you both told me I haven't helped a single person in here.

So I'm just doing what you told me to do. Why do you have a problem with that? Do you really expect anyone to stick around after all your abuse?

But you're right about one thing. "All you had to do was look at [my] character." Character defines all of us. And your character is that of a LIAR. You are such a liar that you even lie about a dictionary definition. That is YOUR character.
That is "chachaheels" who still posts in the Lounge. That is NOT me, I've proved it, and you know it. This is libel/slander. You need to stop saying this.
Arj75, no one cares about your big bag of bullshit, and no one ever did. You seem to conveniently forget that your original fight was with Jewels, who told you to shut up about your drug use and yeast obsessions. I stepped in and dialogued with you because I thought she was rude and I felt bad for you. In fact, I'm the only one who ever paid any attention to your crazy ravings. (I gave you the benefit of the doubt, it was my mistake.)

So don't blame me because no one is listening to your paranoid ravings about foreign bananas, and no one ever will.

--

My blog was a list of things I learned about BV, and posting it was my attempt to help others suffering from BV. That was ALL I tried to do in here.

I tried very hard to NOT fight with anyone in here. When a fight became nasty I ALWAYS walked away first. When others baited me, I frequently ignored them. These are facts. My posting history is still here, you can verify it. I was not here to fight.

However, I tried to speak out against suggestions which I thought were harmful, and I defended myself against lies, and vulgar, uncivilized insults. And basically, I realized that I don't have time for this part. Some people in here don't care about information, or other people's health, they only care if people think they're right. I don't have time for that kind of bullshit.

So, I leave you to Hulda Clark, The Zapper, vaginal-flagyl and Dr. Helen. Hope the crackpots and cuckoos serve you well.

VERY SAD! THESE ARE THE THINGS CHILDREN DO! As soon as people became bothered by your harsh criticism and began to fight back, you run off and delete your blog knowing the info is needed here. Even if you didn't want us(me, jewels, arj75 and several others here) to use your blog, you should have thought about all the newcomers that will be coming. Again lori, these are the things children do.Do us all a favor and grow up!
neverending
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 7 2007, 01:48 PM) *

muscle and joint aches
blue mood

I read up on this. How did you come across this Info? Very interesting! I found something very interesting that every woman here should read.

go to:
http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/reprint/106/5/1013.pdf

Go to pg: 7 and start on the upper right hand corner. Do you see where it talks about firmicutes? Firmicutes is also responsible for obesity, IBS, and other things as well. Top of pg. 9
I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing yet, but I will do so tomorrow.

Also read:http://www.catalysisusa.net/word/clinical_report_Uzbekistan.doc

How many people on this board are overweight or slightly overweight?
arj75

(Lori's comment above)

[/i]Lori, I have never forgotten about my fight with Jewels, and I also apologized to her as well.

What bothers me Lori, with you is do act like you know it all. None of us here, know it all. Nor do even the doctors. Secondly, I don't care if anyone believes me, I would much rather be wrong that right on what I had to say. You are free to have your opinions, as I am to mine.

There was a reason I brought up drug use in here. I listed all the effects the crap has on our ovaries. But awhile back..I'm asking?..Didn't you say that we shouldn't mention this, who cares..blah blah and didn't you say at one time....who cares about what we eat. That is the biggest lie that has ever been posted here. Nutrition is not important? I showed everyone of how quickly vitamins are lost in our body when coping daily with stress overloads. But I guess that's "out there too" My Grandma thought I had cancer because I was bruising so easily..turns out the vitamin C (lack of) was to blame.

If you think I'm some crazy bitch that lives in her closet because of my many phobia's (that I am only joking about a lot of the time) your wrong. I do have concerns. What I was trying to say Lori, is banana's are dangerous to eat past a certain ripeness. (research has shown strange reactions in the body from them). But I guess, you don't have to worry about having enough money to buy food, and always having to salvage what you can. In then in the long run..it can make you sick.
The latest post I showed (about SIBS)...is caused from processed foods. Which many in here eat I'm sure, but I'm sure that "out there" too.

You also don't have to resort to alternative medicine, because you have insurance. Get a drug book Lori, see how many medicines really still are made from natural sources. It's not such a bad thing.

Why do I hate Planned Parenthood? I called to have a pap smear, do you know that unless you claim you want one because you want birthcontrol, you don't get it. That's what they told me. What kind of bullshit is that?

As far as my yeast theory, did you not see the woman's blog that went to Europe, she and her mate was treated both for bv, and yeast...and wow, Bv was gone for two months. But I guess it's still crazy to think such a thing huh? No research has been done, so maybe I'm wrong, maybe you are.

You told someone here not to use baking soda..(which I agree) I wouldn't use it. But, it is still not known for sure if the ph is the cause for the imbalance in the first place. It's only thought to be. That nurse I talked to at the doctor that worked at planned parenthood, who has BV...used baking soda and epsom salt at times. I didn't post it, because it worried me.

I'm not here to argue with you Lori, or too be insulted.

Take a microbiology class, and see if you don't give many things a second consideration. Or have a friend that his job was testing people's water sources, and hear what he has to say.
jewelscando
Ok....I think we've all had our moment with the b.s. Let's get on with B.V. We are here to help each other guys. And this is getting out of control.... AND I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT I AM ONE OF THEM!! Lori has meant well guys...she really did. I think we all need to take a step back, and realize we were all to blame...It's like everything in life...we want people to see things our way..and that's not always possible. Lori is who she is...strong...agressive...and a no-nonsense kind of a lady....let's ALL, stop faulting her for that...

So...LET'S MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
arj75
QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Jul 7 2007, 11:41 AM) *
lately i have been thinking I have IBS because i have symptoms like

constipation
bloating pain cramps
joint aches
thinning hair and loosing hair
weight loss 10 lbs
brain fog- i feel like im trapped out of the part of my brain that lets me focus.
continues rumbles in my abs.
gas
dont have BMS regular anymore.
when i started to read about SIBO- the symptoms started to click and im thinking i have this. Its too bad i have to live with it until i get enough money to go to the doctor, or buy insurance.

Italianwife88- The article listed some things that can help with this...a nutritionist Ann Louise Gittleman, advsed to take 3 capsules of (her favorite.Dr. Ohhira's 12 Plus Probiotic Formula $32 dollars for 60 caps

Peppermint water - keeps unfriendly gut mircrobes undercontrol, relaxes muscles, If your bloated she sugguested add 1 to 2 teaspoons of peppermint oil (3 times a day)

Garlic allicin is an antimicrobial ( fights infection) + quercetin (anti-inflammatory) that relieves aches.

I also read in some article.not this one ( to drop the cloves in boiling water for a few seconds, because garlic commonly has some sort of fungus...don't remember what...it's supposed to kill it.

eat 2 raw cloves daily for two weeks then twice a week thereafter.

I think weight gain was a common side effect with this SIBO...
pympmama1
QUOTE(neverending @ Jul 8 2007, 12:56 AM) *
I read up on this. How did you come across this Info? Very interesting! I found something very interesting that every woman here should read.

go to:
http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/reprint/106/5/1013.pdf

Go to pg: 7 and start on the upper right hand corner. Do you see where it talks about firmicutes? Firmicutes is also responsible for obesity, IBS, and other things as well. Top of pg. 9
I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing yet, but I will do so tomorrow.

Also read:http://www.catalysisusa.net/word/clinical_report_Uzbekistan.doc

How many people on this board are overweight or slightly overweight?

I am overweight... one of the reasons my doctor thought I had PCOS and I have difficulty losing weight... even with working out and eating healthy which I do anyway because I just like eating lots of veggies and very little red meat but a lot of chicken....

Do u think there is a correlation to obesity and bv ?..... I am in the middle of reading your article now.
neverending
Not obesity and BV but the bacteria involved in both. Could the bacteria that's involved in SIBO, BV, obesity,etc be the same type? I haven't done enough reading yet. I'll let yuou know what I come up with.

SIBO- CAUSED CONDITIONS:
Disclosed is a method of treating small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) or a SIBO-caused condition in a human subject. SIBO-caused conditions include irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, impaired mentation, impaired memory, halitosis, tinnitus, sugar craving, autism, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, drug sensitivity, an autoimmune disease, and Crohn's disease. Also disclosed are a method of screening for the abnormally likely presence of SIBO in a human subject and a method of detecting SIBO in a human subject. A method of determining the relative severity of SIBO or a SIBO-caused condition in a human subject, in whom small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) has been detected, is also disclosed.
arj75
So the news answered my question about breast cancer. african american women are the lowest risk to development breast cancer, but lowest survival rate.

They are at highest risk to develop recurrent bacterial vaginosis. Some researchers said they thought it was because they are stressed more easily, some had said from frequent douching....

I wish some women from Europe would come join this forum, I'd like to know more about their treatment options, success rates, and so forth. Who here has friends that live in Europe, or any other country for that matter....seems to me that we are getting the short end of the stick here.
Morphia
I got my culture back and they're treating me for Strep B. Although I know that this is a normal bacteria for a lot of women, I'm assuming they found a lot of it. So I'm going to be on cleocin cream for 2 weeks and then premarin cream 3 times a week for 2 months. Can anyone say, MONSTER YEAST INFECTION???
arj75
I am really getting tired of seeing one dumbass doctor after another. I liked the doctor I seen before this other one, but he is getting ready to retire thats why he sent my to this other dude (or he got freaked out when he saw my cervix..I don't know. I have my appt. with Dr. Dipshit tommorow to go over my colpo results. Although, I thought my BV was gone, he said it wasn't at my last visit, and that i also had the yeast infection. I didn't take either meds he gave me because, well, I wasn't stinking for the first time in two years, and I'm still not, and didn't want to screw it up. I have soaked my ass in lukewarm apple cider baths everynight though. Eating garlic cloves and fresh cranberries. Did you all see that cranberries kill e. coli. it was proven in a study last year..I thought they were just good for UTI's.

So, I have a question, of course, I'm on my period again..does anyone's here last for 7 days? And can they check for bv and yeast if your on your period? Maybe I still have bv, but the stinch is gone because I'm not getting any action?

And is strep overgrowth...is that checked only by a culture or is it urine too?

neverending
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 10 2007, 02:22 AM) *
I am really getting tired of seeing one dumbass doctor after another. I liked the doctor I seen before this other one, but he is getting ready to retire thats why he sent my to this other dude (or he got freaked out when he saw my cervix..I don't know. I have my appt. with Dr. Dipshit tommorow to go over my colpo results. Although, I thought my BV was gone, he said it wasn't at my last visit, and that i also had the yeast infection. I didn't take either meds he gave me because, well, I wasn't stinking for the first time in two years, and I'm still not, and didn't want to screw it up. I have soaked my ass in lukewarm apple cider baths everynight though. Eating garlic cloves and fresh cranberries. Did you all see that cranberries kill e. coli. it was proven in a study last year..I thought they were just good for UTI's.

So, I have a question, of course, I'm on my period again..does anyone's here last for 7 days? And can they check for bv and yeast if your on your period? Maybe I still have bv, but the stinch is gone because I'm not getting any action?

And is strep overgrowth...is that checked only by a culture or is it urine too?

1. He sent you to another Doctor? I hate when that happens! I had a doc laugh at me when I asked to be tested for EVERYTHING including HIV. I've been married for almost 6yrs. now but you never know what the other does behind your back, especially when your husband is a big flirting jerk.

2. Eating garlic is good but I just couldn't do it. It stings like hell!

3.My periods are always heavy and yes 7 days.

4. As far as Strep, I should know the answer but I don't. I'll have to ask my girlfriend. She's an MT! smile.gif
arj75
QUOTE(Morphia @ Jul 9 2007, 08:43 PM) *
I got my culture back and they're treating me for Strep B. Although I know that this is a normal bacteria for a lot of women, I'm assuming they found a lot of it. So I'm going to be on cleocin cream for 2 weeks and then premarin cream 3 times a week for 2 months. Can anyone say, MONSTER YEAST INFECTION???

In the vaginal bible, Liz said to use an over-the-counter antifungal cream while on the antibotics.... p 240

My cervix are fine now, and cancer free. That's the only news that I got today because I'm on my period. I mentioned that mobiluncus vaginitis infection to him though...I asked if he thought that he may have confused it for bv and yeast..because it you only look at wet slide for clue cells and wiff test...it shows bv and yeast for that infection. He said well, mobiluncus doesn't smell...but according to Lizzy..it does. And stupid me believed him, until I read in that book that it does have a foul odor. So now, I'm mad again, that he feed me bullshit, and I believed it ( at the time) lol.

I brought up hormone imbalance, he told me last time it didn't play a factor ... its just stress related he said..umm hello...what's stress do to our hormones?

He wrote me a prescription for the Nu? ring birth control someone mentioned in here...(sorry don't remember what it was called). All I know is I have it. lol. But, I'm gonna wait and see what happens here in the next few months before I try that...maybe I won't have too.

I tracked down the doctor who wrote that book about hormones, and found her clinic...its like $3800 bucks to start and the office is in AZ I think.

I think the vacation to Europe would be cheaper.

I think my last resort is go to sugardaddy who happens to be a microbiologist and handsome too.com and see if I get any bites. lol
CanCan
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 10 2007, 07:56 PM) *
In the vaginal bible, Liz said to use an over-the-counter antifungal cream while on the antibotics.... p 240

My cervix are fine now, and cancer free. That's the only news that I got today because I'm on my period. I mentioned that mobiluncus vaginitis infection to him though...I asked if he thought that he may have confused it for bv and yeast..because it you only look at wet slide for clue cells and wiff test...it shows bv and yeast for that infection. He said well, mobiluncus doesn't smell...but according to Lizzy..it does. And stupid me believed him, until I read in that book that it does have a foul odor. So now, I'm mad again, that he feed me bullshit, and I believed it ( at the time) lol.

I brought up hormone imbalance, he told me last time it didn't play a factor ... its just stress related he said..umm hello...what's stress do to our hormones?

He wrote me a prescription for the Nu? ring birth control someone mentioned in here...(sorry don't remember what it was called). All I know is I have it. lol. But, I'm gonna wait and see what happens here in the next few months before I try that...maybe I won't have too.

I tracked down the doctor who wrote that book about hormones, and found her clinic...its like $3800 bucks to start and the office is in AZ I think.

I think my last resort is go to sugardaddy who happens to be a microbiologist and handsome too.com and see if I get any bites. lol

If you think that doctor is too expensive, find another one. Were you tested for your hormones already? Sorry for asking, but it is hard to remember everyone's story on this board. And what age are you? If you are planning to become pregnant in the future, you should definitely go have your hormone levels checked. Oh sorry, he said that 'hormones didn't play a factor'. That means to me that he did check them already. Or else, how would he know this. But my other question is: if he is saying hormones aren't a factor, why is he giving you a hormone ring?? Because that is what NuvaRing is. A ring of estrogen and progestin. It's like the birth control pill. But yes, he is correct, it could be 'stress related'. But stress can lead to hormonal changes, that are very difficult to get back on track. I would know, because I am trying to get back on track right now. It's not as easy as you would think.

I also got a phone call today from my doctor. She got the second test results back. I had a blood test done to check my progesterone levels again, except this test was done on my peak luteal day. Which is supposed to be peak of progesterone production. And guess what? It is WAY low. Like I barely have any progesterone. But my estrogen is normal. So I would suggest to everyone with a BV problem to definitely get tested for all your hormones. Especially if becoming pregnant in the future is something you want as an option. So now I am waiting to hear back from her to see what she suggests I do next. Maybe I can just take a progesterone cream? Not sure what to do, will wait and see what she says.
CanCan
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 10 2007, 07:56 PM) *

By the way, if anyone here reading this has BV, whether or not it is hormone related, and wants to get pregnant at some point in the future - - trying to correct the problem and have a successful pregnancy will be way more expensive than going to Europe. So expensive, that you can just kiss that European vacation bye-bye. I have a friend who is trying to get pregnant now, and it is costing her $9,000 per try every time she tries In Vitro Fertilization. So isn't it better to spend the $1000 now, and correct the problem before trying to get pregnant, than running the risk of not being able to? Correcting hormone imbalance sometimes takes quite a while, and many women run out of time.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/3/1680_51209.htm
neverending
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 11 2007, 12:56 AM) *

Europe? You must have seen that movie SICKO?! LOL
arj75
QUOTE(CanCan @ Jul 11 2007, 04:31 PM) *
By the way, if anyone here reading this has BV, whether or not it is hormone related, and wants to get pregnant at some point in the future - - trying to correct the problem and have a successful pregnancy will be way more expensive than going to Europe. So expensive, that you can just kiss that European vacation bye-bye. I have a friend who is trying to get pregnant now, and it is costing her $9,000 per try every time she tries In Vitro Fertilization. So isn't it better to spend the $1000 now, and correct the problem before trying to get pregnant, than running the risk of not being able to? Correcting hormone imbalance sometimes takes quite a while, and many women run out of time.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/3/1680_51209.htm

I know, it is going to be expensive as hell. I would like to have another child in the future, and before this bv bullshit ever came about, I was gonna be a surrogant mother for my cousin who cannot get pregnant. I'm pretty upset tonight, but I'm trying to remain optimistic.....I'll check my sugar daddy mail here in a bit. lol I don't have insurance, and well wasted trips to one dumbass doctor after another is costing me a lot, and the bank account...I don't even want to think about what is not there.

My friend did some research for me..and all of us...laughter it is the best medicine for stress. In my big bag of bullshit, I have a link...http:holistic-online.com/Humor_Therapy/humor_mcghee_article.htm

Yes the research is limited...but humor has shown that laughter reduces at least four neuroendocrine hormones associated with the stress response, including epinephrine, cortisol, dopac, and growth hormone. This is consistent with research showing that various relaxation procedures reduce stress hormones. (hormones levels were checked with this study)

Laughter enhances our immune system. The greatest amount of research to date has focused on immunoglobulin A. B cells (made in bone marrow) produce immunoglobulins. Blood count was done to est. these before and after people watched a comedy and the B cells were higher after the show....
arj75
QUOTE(CanCan @ Jul 11 2007, 04:16 PM) *
If you think that doctor is too expensive, find another one. Were you tested for your hormones already? Sorry for asking, but it is hard to remember everyone's story on this board. And what age are you? If you are planning to become pregnant in the future, you should definitely go have your hormone levels checked. Oh sorry, he said that 'hormones didn't play a factor'. That means to me that he did check them already. Or else, how would he know this. But my other question is: if he is saying hormones aren't a factor, why is he giving you a hormone ring?? Because that is what NuvaRing is. A ring of estrogen and progestin. It's like the birth control pill. But yes, he is correct, it could be 'stress related'. But stress can lead to hormonal changes, that are very difficult to get back on track. I would know, because I am trying to get back on track right now. It's not as easy as you would think.

I also got a phone call today from my doctor. She got the second test results back. I had a blood test done to check my progesterone levels again, except this test was done on my peak luteal day. Which is supposed to be peak of progesterone production. And guess what? It is WAY low. Like I barely have any progesterone. But my estrogen is normal. So I would suggest to everyone with a BV problem to definitely get tested for all your hormones. Especially if becoming pregnant in the future is something you want as an option. So now I am waiting to hear back from her to see what she suggests I do next. Maybe I can just take a progesterone cream? Not sure what to do, will wait and see what she says.

CANCAN, I'm sorry I forgot to answer your question, that doctor that I seen did not check my hormones because he said there is no connection. So needless to say, I won't be seeing him again. I asked for the Birth control to put in my bacterial vaginosis hall of fame collection. lol
jewelscando
MORE LAUGHTER FOR THE DAY....WHEN I READ THIS...I THOUGHT...OH NO...THAT BULLET'S GOING TO CAUSE B.V.!!! HAHAHA

Taking a tinkle................

A woman pregnant with triplets was walking down the street when a masked
robber ran out of a bank and shot her three times in the stomach.
Luckily the babies were OK. The surgeon decided to leave the bullets in
because it was too risky to operate. She gave birth to two healthy
daughters and a healthy son.

All was fine for 16 years, and then one daughter walked into the room in
tears. "What's wrong?" asked the mother. "I was taking a tinkle and this
bullet came out," replied the daughter. The mother told her it was okay
and explained what happened 16 years ago.

About a week later the second daughter walked into the room in tears.
"Mom, I was taking a tinkle and this bullet came out." Again the mother
told her not to worry and explained what happened 16 years ago.

A week later her son walked into the room in tears. "It's Okay," said
the mom, "I know what happened. You were taking a tinkle and a bullet
came out."

"No," said the boy, "I was jacking off and I shot the dog."

pympmama1
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jul 12 2007, 01:38 AM) *
MORE LAUGHTER FOR THE DAY....WHEN I READ THIS...I THOUGHT...OH NO...THAT BULLET'S GOING TO CAUSE B.V.!!! HAHAHA

Taking a tinkle................

A woman pregnant with triplets was walking down the street when a masked
robber ran out of a bank and shot her three times in the stomach.
Luckily the babies were OK. The surgeon decided to leave the bullets in
because it was too risky to operate. She gave birth to two healthy
daughters and a healthy son.

All was fine for 16 years, and then one daughter walked into the room in
tears. "What's wrong?" asked the mother. "I was taking a tinkle and this
bullet came out," replied the daughter. The mother told her it was okay
and explained what happened 16 years ago.

About a week later the second daughter walked into the room in tears.
"Mom, I was taking a tinkle and this bullet came out." Again the mother
told her not to worry and explained what happened 16 years ago.

A week later her son walked into the room in tears. "It's Okay," said
the mom, "I know what happened. You were taking a tinkle and a bullet
came out."

"No," said the boy, "I was jacking off and I shot the dog."

LMAO.... that was a good one
cinderflower
arj75, I am not being funny--you should meditate. I mean really meditate (if possible). It's free, yoga is expensive, and it does wonders for stress. Laughing is good too but not everyone is a stand-up.
arj75
QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jul 12 2007, 03:14 PM) *
arj75, I am not being funny--you should meditate. I mean really meditate (if possible). It's free, yoga is expensive, and it does wonders for stress. Laughing is good too but not everyone is a stand-up.

Very true Cinderflower, not everyone is a stand-up. And while I was on my "I hate God strike" because of everything that has transpired in the past two years of my life...I did meditate. Actually, I had to because my anxiety attacks were getting so bad, that I would pass out from not being able to breath! But i do have a good sense of humor, and have been blessed with a couple friends that do as well. (actually one is a stand-up) lol

I am gonna join a support group to help me cope with losing my best friend of 15 years, and also another group, to help me understand of how to cope with a mother that smokes $8,000 dollars of crack a month so she can cope with her many health problems. (I'm almost at wits end with this....it's a damn if you do, damn if you don't kinda thing with her.....

Meditatation helped me for sure.....
chantelhugo
I havent heard an update on most of you.. how is everyone doing?? Me, still the same.. giving up on my sex life for good now.. sad.gif
pympmama1
QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jul 13 2007, 06:39 PM) *
I havent heard an update on most of you.. how is everyone doing?? Me, still the same.. giving up on my sex life for good now.. sad.gif

I gave up my sex life 3yrs ago when sex became.....embarrassing and men think you are dirty due to the smell .... I have been keeping the smell at bay with BA but I am considering going on birth control to hopefully even out my hormones....I cannot recall if I had this problem while on bc pills I have not been on them since the 90's... so i am keeping hope alive neverending had some good info on hormones and another f word i cannot remember from her article
bvgirl
QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Jul 13 2007, 05:39 PM) *

Well, sorry to hear that you have not found a product that will help you with your bv and bv odor but I must say that I was feeling the same way so you are not alone. I suffered for years with bv and a few months ago found a product that is helping me(yeast arrest) I am a believer that you will find something that will work for you. Don't give up continue with researching and trial and error. Hang in there..
mermaidgirl
hi all - i'm new here...if nothing else, it's nice to know i'm not alone with this...

question: has anyone's had any success using vitamin C tablets?

this has probably been asked an answered already so if someone could point me to the post (assuming one exists), i'd really appreciate it...thanks in advance!

*trying to smile*

mellow.gif
arj75
Hey everyone,

So I was researching thyroid dysfunctions and found some more information regarding it. Also, the article discussed of how EASY thyroid problems are missed..just getting t-cell counts isn't always good enough to detect the problem. (Dr. Robert Jay Schwartz)

The way I eat...I should weight 3 tons...for real

I mentioned earlier, when I first joined the site...body temperture....well, this specialist will have you monitor and record your body temp various times throughout the day..to see what is going on with your metabolism.... another factor needed to see what is going on with your body, and can help the doctor to determine what to look for and where to start.

I realize that this is bv forum...but this disorder effects our sex hormones....BV (hormonal?)
lori
QUOTE(mermaidgirl @ Jul 14 2007, 08:02 AM) *
hi all - i'm new here...if nothing else, it's nice to know i'm not alone with this...

question: has anyone's had any success using vitamin C tablets?

this has probably been asked an answered already so if someone could point me to the post (assuming one exists), i'd really appreciate it...thanks in advance!

*trying to smile*

mellow.gif

Hi mermaidgirl,

This is my section re: Vit.C from my blog:

Today Vaginal Vitamin C Tablets
  • Description: Vaginal tablets (Today pH Balance Restore / Today Daily pH Balance)
  • Where to Buy / Cost: drugstore.com, The Today Store
  • Pros:
  • Cons:
  • Conclusion: *Please make sure to not use regular Vitamin C oral tablets instead of this product. Oral tablets contain binders and other elements which can irritate you. Bust members have tried using regular Vitamin C oral tablets vaginally and have experienced burning and bleeding. Don't do it!

I actually bought the Today tablets (expensive!), but I haven't used them. (I've been doing well since I started taking fem-dophilus (probiotics), so I don't want to mess with things.) When someone else asked the same question before, no one else replied - so it looks like no one else has tried them.

Hope that helps!
arj75
Welcome back Lori,

Your right the Zapper sucks! wink.gif
saint
hi all.

i am new to this forum. and wanted to say that I have been suffering from BV for a few years now!! it is very much a recurrent problem that continues to occur no matter what i do!! iam only 23 and I am scared to hav sex because of the smell.
2 years ago I was diagnosed as having the HPV, and was told that i had CIN 1. I read from som1 thread that they think that having the HPV and having BV are somhow related.!!! i was wondering if anyone else who had the HPV, also had BV. also i heard about this jamu stick, which claims to eliminate smells and discharge!!! it is only now that I have realised that I have a problem and that it is recurrent, what kind of treatments are you guys using for BV? please can u give me som ideas as have no clue. I went to the clinic an was told that I shoud use a syringe and squirt 1% of hydrogen peroxide inside, which studies hav shown to help with the hormone imbalance whch causes the BV. i am too scared to put the acid up there, as iam scared of it fizzing or somting!!!
please can som1 help me, as I am at the end of my witts end. and need to sort out this problem before it ruins my relationship for good.
many thanks
jewelscando
YEAH, WELCOME BACK LORI!!! Thanks for putting your board back up!!!

Vitamin C, in Vagina, caused bleeding for me. I do NOT have periods anymore due to a Hysterectomy...so the bleeding must have come from irratation.

Ladies...anything you decide to stick up your vagina...consult with a doctor first....
sassy
QUOTE(saint @ Jul 16 2007, 01:00 AM) *
hi all.

i am new to this forum. and wanted to say that I have been suffering from BV for a few years now!! it is very much a recurrent problem that continues to occur no matter what i do!! iam only 23 and I am scared to hav sex because of the smell.
2 years ago I was diagnosed as having the HPV, and was told that i had CIN 1. I read from som1 thread that they think that having the HPV and having BV are somhow related.!!! i was wondering if anyone else who had the HPV, also had BV. also i heard about this jamu stick, which claims to eliminate smells and discharge!!! it is only now that I have realised that I have a problem and that it is recurrent, what kind of treatments are you guys using for BV? please can u give me som ideas as have no clue. I went to the clinic an was told that I shoud use a syringe and squirt 1% of hydrogen peroxide inside, which studies hav shown to help with the hormone imbalance whch causes the BV. i am too scared to put the acid up there, as iam scared of it fizzing or somting!!!
please can som1 help me, as I am at the end of my witts end. and need to sort out this problem before it ruins my relationship for good.
many thanks

Jamu stick does not work. I think it made some girls on here painfully dry.

Many girls have used hydrogen peroxide. There is no reason to be scared of using it. It helps a little with the smell, but overall, I didn't think it was helpful enough to continue using it.
Morphia
Is it just me or do they not give you enough cream for 7 days? I think they do this on purpose so you have to get more than just one tube. More money for the drug companies!

Anyway, last night was day five of my 14 days of Cleocin cream and there is FINALLY a LITTLE reduction in symptoms. But its so small I can hardly consider it acknowledgeable. I'll continue to be a Negative Nancy and venture to guess that this is NOT going to work. I've been right before...
lori
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jul 15 2007, 10:40 PM) *
YEAH, WELCOME BACK LORI!!! Thanks for putting your board back up!!!

Thanks Jewels!

QUOTE(saint @ Jul 15 2007, 06:00 PM) *
hi all.

many thanks

Hello saint,

This is my section on HP from my blog (just updated; link is in my sig):

Hydrogen peroxide (HP) douche/wash
  • Description:
  • Where to Buy / Cost:
  • How to use: place towel on bathroom floor and lie down; methods used to deliver HP into the vagina - plastic funnel, medicine spoon/dropper, commercial douche, rubber bulb syringe
  • Pros: HP is an anti-infective, and will probably kill the bad bacteria at least on the surface
    Research on HP:
  • Cons:
    • commercial-grade peroxide (2.5%-3%) may break down tissue over time
    • also kills the good bacteria, causing "vicious cycle"
    • repeated use caused dryness
    • one member reported that her vagina became "discolored" as observed by her gynecologist (!)
    • another member experienced brown discharge and bleeding after sex
  • Conclusion: possibly harmful, not recommended; consult your doctor

About the midwife site (gentlebirth.org) - she recommends Gy-natren - I've tried this product, and it's horrible. Really messed me up. Don't use it. (more info. in my blog)

About HP: I came out as "not recommended" on my blog - was being extra-cautious. Here's my take on it - I have tried HP after reading about it in this thread. (I used a rubber bulb syringe and used HP straight, without diluting it with water.) I only used it once and it didn't kill me, or cause any lasting damage that I know of. So if you're looking for quick odor-control, it's a solution.

But it's not a long-term cure, and long-term use may cause problems. The two big reasons why I'm always urging people to work with their doctors instead of trying to treat this problem at home are:

1) Upper-genital-tract health - more and more research is showing that untreated BV can screw with your reproductive system; home treatments will not help this, and may only mask symptoms
2) It could be something else. There is a possibility that you could have an STD without knowing it (it happens!) or another type of vaginitis. You would definitely want to know about this, and get the right treatments.

I know doctors are often clueless or dismissive. (Trust me, I've had my share of idiot doctors.) But your best hope of really fixing this problem is to try and find the least assholey doctor you can find and work with him/her.

Having said that, I also think the best solution is probiotics. The good bacteria produces HP which keeps the bad bacteria from taking over and causing BV
--> so you can try to replace the HP (short-term solution), or
--> try to replace the good bacteria (long-term solution)

That's a quick, short-hand way to think about it.

Read my blog for the research on fem-dophilus, which works for me. I'm not trying to be a shill, but the research on probiotics makes a lot of sense. And oral probiotics are safe to use. So that is my best recommendation to you.
cinderflower
About HP: I came out as "not recommended" on my blog - was being extra-cautious. Here's my take on it - I have tried HP after reading about it in this thread. (I used a rubber bulb syringe and used HP straight, without diluting it with water.) I only used it once and it didn't kill me, or cause any lasting damage that I know of. So if you're looking for quick odor-control, it's a solution.

But it's not a long-term cure, and long-term use may cause problems.

I have to agree with "not recommended" for hydrogen peroxide (if that's what you're referring to with HP--I have a hewlett-packard so that's what HP brings to my mind) (ha). Hydrogen peroxide not only destroys "bad" bacteria but it also destroys healthy tissue. That is another reason why healthcare professionals discourage its use as a disinfectant for wounds. Sterile saline is generally suggested instead. I honestly wouldn't use it as a douche, regardless of its effect on odor. Remember, women in the fifties used Zonite douche and Lysol.
cinderflower
my kitten sat on the keyboard. (which may or may not have contributed to the double post . . . )
arj75
Cinderflower, what the hell is Zonite. (not that I am planning to make a purchase lol).

Oh, I think I may have found a doctor who does know where is asshole is, and better yet, where my thyroid gland is. I tracked down a specialist (2 hours away). Postpartum thyroidism?, I was asked to fax him my T-cell count from last test I had. The office is trying to work me in as soon as they can. My worries are that this disorder can either A. Progress to Grave's disease, B. progress to hypothyriodism or C. get better naturally(I am hoping). I guess my major concern is that my grandmother and mother both have hypothyroidism. (which I didn't find out until today) You'd think that someone would have mentioned this to me at some point....

Also, CANCAN, thank you for suggesting sublingual B- complex (if that was you) I don't remember. I have noticed enough difference from using those, in such a short time, (switched from just using the tabs) that I am gonna start getting B-injections this week!
cinderflower
It was a product made so that women could avoid this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

I have no idea what was in it, but I would bet that it was scary. I remember seeing it in the bathroom in the sixties. I thought they had stopped making it but it looks like you can still buy it. The formula must have been changed since then but I get a kick out of the old ads like this one:

http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/adaccess/B...213-150dpi.jpeg

I decided to look up some of the ingredients used in it now, and one is thymol:

Thymol
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Thymol

Chemical name 5-methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)phenol
Chemical formula C10H14O
Molecular mass 150.22 g/mol
CAS number [89-83-8]
Density 0.96 g/cm3
Melting point 48-52 °C
Boiling point 232 °C
SMILES CC1=CC(O)=C(C©C)C=C1
Disclaimer and references
Thymol is a monoterpene phenol derivative of cymene, C10H13OH, isomeric with carvacrol, found in oil of thyme, and extracted as a white crystalline substance of a pleasant aromatic odor and strong antiseptic properties. It is also called "hydroxy cymene". (from Webster's 1913 dictionary)

It has been found to be useful in controlling varroa mites in bee colonies.[1]A minor use is in bookbinding: before rebinding, books with mould damage can be sealed in bags with thymol crystals to kill fungal spores. It is also used as a preservative in halothane, an anaesthetic.

In a 1994 report released by five top cigarette companies, thymol was listed as one of 599 additives to cigarettes.[2] It is added to improve the flavor.

another is:

Benzalkonium chloride
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Benzalkonium chloride

Molar mass (mixture)
CAS number [8001-54-5]
EINECS number 264-151-6
Properties
Density 0.98
Solubility in water very soluble
Hazards
EU classification Xi
NFPA 704
R-phrases R21/22, R34, R50
S-phrases S36/37/39, S45, S61
RTECS number BO3150000
Except where noted otherwise, data are given for
materials in their standard state
(at 25 °C, 100 kPa)
Infobox disclaimer and references
Benzalkonium chloride (alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride) is a mixture of alkylbenzyl dimethylammonium chlorides of various alkyl chain lengths. It is commonly used as an antiseptic and spermicide. This product is a nitrogenous cationic surface-acting agent belonging to the quaternary ammonium group. The greatest bactericidal activity is associated with the C12-C14 alkyl derivatives.

It has been considered one of the safest synthetic biocides known, and has a long history of efficacious use. However, conflicting studies cast doubt on its reputation for safety.[1][2] Some products have been reformulated in light of this research, but it is still widely used in eyewashes, hand and face washes, mouthwashes, spermicidal creams, and in various other cleaners, sanitizers, and disinfectants. It is also used as an annual treatment for the elimination of bacteria in water within waterbeds. However, manufacturers of OTC artificial tears and eye washes became concerned about chemical sensitivity from long-term daily use and have in some products substituted EDTA as a preservative and have added "for sensitive eyes" to labeling. There has also been concern that long-term use of benzalkonium as a preservative in nose sprays may cause swelling of mucosa and lead to Rhinitis medicamentosa. Some manufacturers have put 3-day limits on safe use of such nose sprays.

Applications are extremely wide ranging, from disinfectant formulations to microbial corrosion inhibition in the oilfield sector. It is often used to disinfect skin prior to withdrawing blood for Blood Alcohol Content ("BAC") tests because it contains no alcohol and cannot be said to taint the BAC test.

Benzalkonium chloride is readily soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone. Formulation requires great care as Benzalkonium can be inactivated by certain organic compounds, including soap, and must not be mixed with anionic surfactants. Hard water salts can also reduce biocidal activity. Although newer formulations are more resistant to deactivation, as with any disinfectant, it is recommended that surfaces are rinsed well before disinfection.

Aqueous solutions of benzalkonium chloride are neutral to slightly alkaline, colorless, and nonstaining. Solutions foam profusely when shaken, have a bitter taste, and a faint almond-like odour, which is only detectable in concentrated solutions.

The mechanism of bactericidal/microbicidal action is thought to be due to disruption of intermolecular interactions. This can cause dissociation of cellular membrane bilayers, which compromises cellular permeability controls and induces leakage of cellular contents. Other biomolecular complexes within the bacterial cell can also undergo dissociation. Enzymes, which finely control a plethora of respiratory and metabolic cellular activities, are particularly susceptible to deactivation. Critical intermolecular interactions and tertiary structures in such highly specific biochemical systems can be readily disrupted by cationic surfactants.

Benzalkonium chloride solutions are rapidly acting anti-infective agents with a moderately long duration of action. They are active against bacteria and some viruses, fungi, and protozoa. Bacterial spores are considered to be resistant. Solutions are bacteriostatic or bactericidal according to their concentration. Gram-positive bacteria are generally more susceptible than gram-negative. Activity is not greatly affected by pH, but increases substantially at higher temperatures and prolonged exposure times.

and then there's propylene glycol:

[edit] Safety
The Food and Drug Administration has determined that propylene glycol in or on cat food has not been shown by adequate scientific data to be safe for use. Use of propylene glycol in or on cat food causes the feed to be adulterated and in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. 21CFR589.1001

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised, while ethylene glycol is metabolized into oxalic acid, which is toxic.

Post menopausal women who require the use of an estrogen cream may notice that brand name creams made with propylene glycol often create extreme, uncomfortable burning along the vulva and perianal area. In these cases, patients can request that a local compounding pharmacy make a "propylene glycol free" cream which is much more tolerable.

Patients with vulvodynia and interstitial cystitis may be especially sensitive to propylene glycol. Women struggling with yeast infections may also notice that some OTC creams can cause intense burning.[1]

yeah, I don't think I'd be tempted to use it . . .

cinderflower
okay i found an old one:

Lysol consists essentially of cresol, a drug similar in action to carbolic acid. Contrary to advertisements, it is neither safe nor effective for the purposes for which it is claimed to be useful. In fact, there are reports of injuries and deaths which can be traced directly to the use of Lysol.

Zonite is essentially a solution of sodium hypochlorite in water. Although not as irritating as Lysol, it should not be used as a douche either for "daintiness" or contraception. It is superfluous as far as daintiness goes; it is futile for purposes of contraception; and it may cause injury to the genital organs.

the entire article is under http://www.oldandsold.com/articles35/healt...dicine-60.shtml
arj75
QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jul 17 2007, 09:27 PM) *
and then there's propylene glycol:

[edit] Safety
The Food and Drug Administration has determined that propylene glycol in or on cat food has not been shown by adequate scientific data to be safe for use. Use of propylene glycol in or on cat food causes the feed to be adulterated and in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. 21CFR589.1001

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised, while ethylene glycol is metabolized into oxalic acid, which is toxic.

yeah, I don't think I'd be tempted to use it . . .

Cinderflower,

I'm sorry..maybe I misunderstand this... (propylene glycol) it is not safe for cats... but "ok" for humans? lol. Is your cat CFO of the FDA? Just curious? lol
CanCan
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 11 2007, 11:16 PM) *
My friend did some research for me..and all of us...laughter it is the best medicine for stress. In my big bag of bullshit, I have a link...http:holistic-online.com/Humor_Therapy/humor_mcghee_article.htm

Yes the research is limited...but humor has shown that laughter reduces at least four neuroendocrine hormones associated with the stress response, including epinephrine, cortisol, dopac, and growth hormone. This is consistent with research showing that various relaxation procedures reduce stress hormones. (hormones levels were checked with this study)

Excellent! Just read this and it makes so much sense. State of mind can influence the state of your body. That is why it's called the 'mind/body connection'. I will try to lighten up. It's hard but, couldn't be too hard if you are watching a funny movie, reading a funny book, etc.
CanCan
QUOTE(cinderflower @ Jul 12 2007, 03:14 PM) *

O.k. ladies, I know a lot of us don't have much time, or cash, or inclination to do yoga - but a few friends of mine do it, and have taken me, and I just have to say that it works really well. Probably for numerous different reasons. One being that you breath deeply. That is part of the yoga practice. Another thing, you put your mind somewhere else - - other than your problem. So you are giving your mind a rest. For me, it gives me a chance to stop hyperventilating! And you are moving your body in somewhat unusual poses, so you are moving things around and getting your circulation going. And the stretching is great. But you must keep doing it. You can't just do it a day here and a day there.. it won't do too much. You have to do it a couple of times a week. I am doing this so that I will start to learn how to breath properly. And it seems to be helping so far. I know meditation is great too, but I am not really there yet. I get distracted easily. But holding yoga poses engages your body and your mind - so you do not get distracted with negative thoughts as much! At least that is how it is for me.
CanCan
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 15 2007, 11:00 AM) *
I mentioned earlier, when I first joined the site...body temperture....well, this specialist will have you monitor and record your body temp various times throughout the day..to see what is going on with your metabolism.... another factor needed to see what is going on with your body, and can help the doctor to determine what to look for and where to start.

I realize that this is bv forum...but this disorder effects our sex hormones....BV (hormonal?)

Surely you jest. Of course this is a BV forum, but the last time I checked my vagina was connected to the rest of my body. Yes, a friend of mine told me to buy a digital thermometer, and read my basal body temperature first thing every morning. So I have been trying to do that. To see how screwed up my hormones really are! I check it off on a chart. The thing is though that you have to do it for a few months to see what the pattern looks like.
CanCan
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jul 16 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Vitamin C, in Vagina, caused bleeding for me. I do NOT have periods anymore due to a Hysterectomy...so the bleeding must have come from irratation.

I used lemon juice the other day. I squeezed some of it into my hand, used a finger, made sure the finger was totally covered in lemon, and then inserted it all the way in there and moved it around making sure to touch all the crevices inside. It worked well.

However....... I tried this again one day right after sex, and boy was that a mistake. It burned like hell. And then for three days afterward I had pink discharge. Blood. So I think lemon works well, but do not do it after sex if you are dry, or raw.

For some reason the boric acid inserted vaginally after sex doesn't bother me. I guess it is less acidic than lemon. If anyone out there is going to use Vitamin C, I would be careful. In case you have a similar problem. I would experiment with just a little of it. Or maybe better yet, use the 'Today Daily pH Balance Restore Vaginal Vit C' tablets. I haven't tried them yet, but they seem like a good idea.
cinderflower
QUOTE(arj75 @ Jul 17 2007, 11:00 PM) *
Cinderflower,

I'm sorry..maybe I misunderstand this... (propylene glycol) it is not safe for cats... but "ok" for humans? lol. Is your cat CFO of the FDA? Just curious? lol

No, you understood it. I think I cut and pasted that off wiki, doesn't that just kill you? (I'm going to stoop really low here and make a crude joke: "not 'okay' for cats, perfectly fine for pussy . . . ")

Those retards at the FDA. That's why I hate it that they make such a big stink over supplements when a lot of pharmaceuticals and/or chemicals just aren't healthy. I'm appalled at the old feminine hygiene ads. No wonder women are sticking everything but/under the kitchen sink "up there" (yeah I'm coy at times) in a frantic, panicked effort to smell "dainty and fresh".

My female cat has never ever worked in her life, never will and is proud of it; my five-month-old male kitten is just a psycho retard, so yeah, come to think of it, maybe he is secretly on the board of directors for some government agency. I'm almost certain he couldn't do a worse job.

And CanCan, yeah, I know, for meditation to have any significant kind of effect takes a lot of practice. To be perfectly honest, if you have kids or live with someone, I think it's not so easy. I won't do things like yoga if I don't go to a class, and they're so expensive down here (Lodo, Denver) that I just usually take the path of least cost. I know it sounds goofy, but TM honestly is one of the best practices around. And I'm by far not exactly an airy-fairy kind of person. The breathing is important, so if someone wants to do yoga, or t'ai chi, I would imagine it's all helpful. Look at it like this: if your mantra is, "REEEeeearrRRRRggghhhhHHH" then it has to have some effect on the rest of your body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.