Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
prvtpuss
also, it's my understanding that the connection between semen and BV has to do with the semen being alkaline and the normal vagina being acidic. apparently the semen increases the pH of the vagina leading to an imbalance in the flora?? so does anyone know of a gentle (not boric acid, not hydrogen peroxide) douche to restore the vagina's pH after a seminal encounter? i've never douched in my life, but i could see that this might be a good idea. i feel like i read lemon juice somewhere, but that's a lot of sugar, no?

chacha where are youuuuuu?
CanCan
QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Dec 6 2007, 02:39 AM) *
also, it's my understanding that the connection between semen and BV has to do with the semen being alkaline and the normal vagina being acidic. apparently the semen increases the pH of the vagina leading to an imbalance in the flora?? so does anyone know of a gentle (not boric acid, not hydrogen peroxide) douche to restore the vagina's pH after a seminal encounter? i've never douched in my life, but i could see that this might be a good idea. i feel like i read lemon juice somewhere, but that's a lot of sugar, no?

chacha where are youuuuuu?

I tried lemon juice, and it burned me! And I only put a little bit in. Not even a capsule full. Be careful. Also be careful about putting stuff in there right after having intercourse. I felt a bit raw after sex, and the lemon juice really burned me. The good thing about the boric acid, is that it is a powder, and not too acidic, and it gradually disolves in there, so it isn't shocking to your vagina.
jularee
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 6 2007, 03:38 AM) *
Wait atleast a couple of days. Otherwise, you will get a yeast infection. I used one on Tuesday night, then one on Wednesday night, and had sex on Friday night. Everything was fine. I then used another one on Sunday night...and haven't used one since, and again...NO GARBAGE SMELL HERE. Normal discharge too!!

Also...fyi on an easy whiff test. I use a Q-tip. Put it in there, move it around a bit, and then smell. It's painless... and easy to do... Sorry to be so graphic, but OH WELL!!! lol

Thanks so much for the info! I definitely do not want to deal with a yeast infection right now.
prvtpuss
so, i took 2g of flagyl yesterday and had sex last night (stupid, i know). no semen was involved, but this morning i woke up to greenish yellow discharge on my toilet paper when i urinated. it smelled like pus, no trace of BV smell. i know at this point, i just need to see a doctor, but i'm in a developing country and i go home to the states in a week and a half, so i'm just holding off. no fever, which is good.

anyone ever have this experience?
glitzz
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 5 2007, 02:50 AM) *
How many of you ladies have tried making the boric acid capsules? I'm purchasing some powder and gel capsules right now. Any advice on using them?

i also tried the boric acid for the first time last night so far so good no smell laugh.gif ,as far as i can tell which is a big improvement from not even wanting to get out of bed because i was so self conscious , but i had a lot of watery discharge sorry so graphic which also had no smell, i was jus wondering what happened when u tried it and did it work and for how long , this is my first time with bv and everything has been so confusing i couldn't talk to any one about it this forum was so helpful really a godsend!
prvtpuss
ok, no one is responding, so i'm assuming i'm just grossing everyone out, or no one knows what to tell me. but i'm going to continue. the 2g dose of flagyl worked on the BV, and also gave me a raging yeast infection. so last night i inserted some monistat, which burned LIKE HELL... today the itching seems to have subsided, but the smell is so strange - it smells like PUS, like an infection... not like BV, not like yeast....

omg i can't wait to get back to the states
knorl05
jularee:whats the process to ordering flagyl online? do you need a script or md/pharm contact information?

oh and prvtpuss: yeah i just dont know what to tell you. the only thing i would say is dont stress yourself out and just see a doc asap.
konphusion26
QUOTE(glitzz @ Dec 9 2007, 04:29 PM) *
i also tried the boric acid for the first time last night so far so good no smell laugh.gif ,as far as i can tell which is a big improvement from not even wanting to get out of bed because i was so self conscious , but i had a lot of watery discharge sorry so graphic which also had no smell, i was jus wondering what happened when u tried it and did it work and for how long , this is my first time with bv and everything has been so confusing i couldn't talk to any one about it this forum was so helpful really a godsend!

Hey sweetie! I ordered it online, so i haven't gotten it yet. Couldnt find it around here. I'm hearing good things about it though. I've been suffering this awful mess for the last 2 years. But so far I've only really tried the flagyl, metrogel vaginal, and clindamax cream unsuccessfully. I hope that the boric acid works for all of us. Good luck!!
konphusion26
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:25 PM) *
jularee:whats the process to ordering flagyl online? do you need a script or md/pharm contact information?

oh and prvtpuss: yeah i just dont know what to tell you. the only thing i would say is dont stress yourself out and just see a doc asap.

Knorl05-- i ordered my flagyl online without a prescription from the easy.md site that jularee posted earlier this week. it said it would take like 10 days to receive it. We'll see how it goes.
jularee
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:25 PM) *

No you don't need a script or anything. all you need is a major credit card. the site i posted was so quick and easy.
glitzz
QUOTE(prvtpuss @ Dec 7 2007, 07:03 PM) *
so, i took 2g of flagyl yesterday and had sex last night (stupid, i know). no semen was involved, but this morning i woke up to greenish yellow discharge on my toilet paper when i urinated. it smelled like pus, no trace of BV smell. i know at this point, i just need to see a doctor, but i'm in a developing country and i go home to the states in a week and a half, so i'm just holding off. no fever, which is good.

anyone ever have this experience?

hi just reading your post and i don't think you should worry about grossing anyone out since we didn't call any of these horrible symptoms on our selves anywho i never had any colored discharge with my bv just grayish our kinda white, but i read on line that green or yellow discharge is a symptom on trichomoniasis not sure if thats the right spelling which is an std
jularee
prvtpuss -- i'm sorry to hear about your situation. i've honestly never heard of the vagina smelling like pus, so I agree with knorl -- try not to stress yourself out and see a doc as soon as possible. how much longer til you reach the states and are able to get treatment?
jularee
Here's an awesome link from the vaginapagina page that taught me a lot about boric acid usage. Hope this helps!

http://community.livejournal.com/vaginapagina/4554521.html
knorl05
nice. thanks ladies.. wink.gif
fbgirl987
HELP!!! GOD i hate this. mad.gif
So I thought my mysterious yeast/bv infection was cleared up by my period. Or so, I was praying. Then yesterday I had discomfort there again...and checked it out....only to confirm that gross watery whitish discharge.
I have the boric acid and a script for Terazol.
I am also inclined to see ANOTHER GYN. But not sure why....they are divided it seems on BV and yeast.

Should I just go for the boric Acid? Dont know what the hell to do anymore. its been 3 frickin months. sad.gif
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:26 AM) *
HELP!!! GOD i hate this. mad.gif
So I thought my mysterious yeast/bv infection was cleared up by my period. Or so, I was praying. Then yesterday I had discomfort there again...and checked it out....only to confirm that gross watery whitish discharge.
I have the boric acid and a script for Terazol.
I am also inclined to see ANOTHER GYN. But not sure why....they are divided it seems on BV and yeast.

Should I just go for the boric Acid? Dont know what the hell to do anymore. its been 3 frickin months. sad.gif

Have you tried using the boric acid yet? I hear it's good for treating yeast and BV, so i you do have concurrent yeast/BV the boric acid may provide some relief. Good luck with your decision! smile.gif
fbgirl987
I went to the Dr and it is BV. At least I know it ISN'T yeast (right now). She gave me a med to take by mouth- twice a day. Something with an "M"....not sure the name and dropped the script off at the pharmacy already....
I know she said NO ALCOHOL with it. She said it should clear it right up. Anyone tried this?
optomistic1
So i've been reading this forum for a couple of days now. I also think I suffer from BV, this may be a dumb question, but for those of you that have been tested, how does the doctor usually test you for BV?
fbgirl987
QUOTE(optomistic1 @ Dec 10 2007, 08:48 PM) *
So i've been reading this forum for a couple of days now. I also think I suffer from BV, this may be a dumb question, but for those of you that have been tested, how does the doctor usually test you for BV?

They generally do a pap-smear like procedure. They take a sample of the fluid and look under the microscope and also do a 'whiff' test (add a chemical to see if it gives off a strong odor indicating BV). I think they also culture it to be sure it isnt anything else.
From experience, I can say out of the three doctors I have seen over the past three months (one being my GYN I was with for 10 years)...only the last doctor I saw was THAT thorough. The other two seemed to think they could look at the discharge and tell me what it was. This resulted in treatment which didnt work and seemed to make things worse (I treated for yeast when in fact it was BV).
Just my experience though....Good luck to you and let us know what works!
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 10 2007, 12:22 PM) *
Have you tried using the boric acid yet? I hear it's good for treating yeast and BV, so i you do have concurrent yeast/BV the boric acid may provide some relief. Good luck with your decision! smile.gif

Hey jularee,
I am thinking about trying the med by mouth and the boric acid...simply to ease the discomfort. I dont know though....still kinda afraid to make matters worse down there. The dr put me on the generic for Flagyl. Have you tried it? Any luck with it?
bvgirl
Just checking in to see how things are going for everyone....I am still doing well with the yeast arrest..I continue to take it for 5 days total in a month just for maintaining during and after my period.. No smell still but I monitor it on a daily basis.. I dont believe that I found an actual cure for bv but I do believe that yeast arrest has worked very well for me and serves as a wonderful source of continuing to maintain my bv free status...
I will be around...
Stay in the fight ladies....
jularee
QUOTE(optomistic1 @ Dec 10 2007, 09:48 PM) *

yeah it's pretty much like fbgirl said. the docs will use a speculum and a couple of q-tip type swabs to get a sample of your discharge. Usually there in the office while you're waiting they will look at the samples under a microscope to see if it has any clue cells, bacteria, lactobacillus, trich, yeast, etc. it's usually a quick procedure.
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 09:07 AM) *
Hey jularee,
I am thinking about trying the med by mouth and the boric acid...simply to ease the discomfort. I dont know though....still kinda afraid to make matters worse down there. The dr put me on the generic for Flagyl. Have you tried it? Any luck with it?

the generic flagyl works very well for easing BV symptoms, however the recurrence rate of BV returning after finishing the medication is pretty high. i'm actually taking the generic right now and so far things are going very well for me. the only thing i don't like about the flagyl is that it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth and turns my urine super dark....but other than that it's pretty good. forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 11 2007, 11:57 AM) *
the generic flagyl works very well for easing BV symptoms, however the recurrence rate of BV returning after finishing the medication is pretty high. i'm actually taking the generic right now and so far things are going very well for me. the only thing i don't like about the flagyl is that it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth and turns my urine super dark....but other than that it's pretty good. forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

Hi Jularee,
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything else WITH the Flagyl? Or are you just on that right now? Today is day two on it for me and I havent yet had any side effects (knock on wood). I am praying I DON'T get a yeast infection with it....which is how this whole cycle started. dry.gif
konphusion26
OMG!!! I just started my boric acid regimen last night.. and today, THANK GOD!! THERE IS NO SMELL. Barely any discharge at all. I am thoroughly amazed and pleased. My hubby asked me last night what the heck i was putting in there, LOL And he freaked out when I said boric acid. But, hey if it works.... i'll keep using it! I'll keep yall updated.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:03 PM) *
OMG!!! I just started my boric acid regimen last night.. and today, THANK GOD!! THERE IS NO SMELL. Barely any discharge at all. I am thoroughly amazed and pleased. My hubby asked me last night what the heck i was putting in there, LOL And he freaked out when I said boric acid. But, hey if it works.... i'll keep using it! I'll keep yall updated.

Thats great news! Did you buy the yeast arrest or make your own? I have the Yeast Arrest here and am thinking of trying it with the Flagyl to see if I can 'attack from both sides' wink.gif
konphusion26
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:07 PM) *
Thats great news! Did you buy the yeast arrest or make your own? I have the Yeast Arrest here and am thinking of trying it with the Flagyl to see if I can 'attack from both sides' wink.gif

Hey!! I made my own, got my products on Amazon.com Bought the capsules and the powder, and it took about 5 days for it to get to me. I got the 12 oz bottle of powder, but they have a 4 oz bottle available too. I think the 4 oz was like $2.50?? or something like that.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:12 PM) *
Hey!! I made my own, got my products on Amazon.com Bought the capsules and the powder, and it took about 5 days for it to get to me. I got the 12 oz bottle of powder, but they have a 4 oz bottle available too. I think the 4 oz was like $2.50?? or something like that.

I am going to try it tonight. This is becoming more and more unbearable. I hope the Flagyl works but I need some immediate relief. Are you doing it twice a day or once at night only?
fbgirl987
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:12 PM) *

one more thing...do you have pain and irritation with your infection? does the boric acid help with that? I hear alot about how it helps with the smell but to be honest the pain is bothering me alot more than the smell. Gross, I know (sorry ladies) unsure.gif
knorl05
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 11 2007, 04:57 PM) *
forgot to add that while you're taking it you're not supposed to have any alcohol whatsoever.

oops. yeah me too. what does it do anyway? i had two drinks last night. that should be cool eh? i mean, i'm fine, just real drained today. but that could also be due to long night we had .. and that i havent really been drinking much water lately. just wondering, is flagyl hard on the liver or kidneys maybe? or do you think the alcohol counteracts the effects of the drug?
konphusion26
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 03:19 PM) *
one more thing...do you have pain and irritation with your infection? does the boric acid help with that? I hear alot about how it helps with the smell but to be honest the pain is bothering me alot more than the smell. Gross, I know (sorry ladies) unsure.gif

Thats not gross! We all have dealt with this stuff in one form or another. But ummmm, I havent really had any pain to speak of. The irritation is definitely there. Thats how i can tell when its coming back. My problem was the smell and the discharge. All i can tell ya is to try the boric, it may help with the pain too. I'm not sure babe.... good luck though.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 11 2007, 06:21 PM) *
Thats not gross! We all have dealt with this stuff in one form or another. But ummmm, I havent really had any pain to speak of. The irritation is definitely there. Thats how i can tell when its coming back. My problem was the smell and the discharge. All i can tell ya is to try the boric, it may help with the pain too. I'm not sure babe.... good luck though.

I guess its more irritation. Its a contact thing- jeans hurt. It burns and kinda itches. The doctors dont seem to take it seriously- telling me how its a 'minor' infection (they arent the ones trying to treat something so MINOR). It is very frustrating. Do baths make it worse? I ask becuse I have cut back on my evening bath but it eases the discomfort. so idk. sad.gif
konphusion26
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 07:16 PM) *
I guess its more irritation. Its a contact thing- jeans hurt. It burns and kinda itches. The doctors dont seem to take it seriously- telling me how its a 'minor' infection (they arent the ones trying to treat something so MINOR). It is very frustrating. Do baths make it worse? I ask becuse I have cut back on my evening bath but it eases the discomfort. so idk. sad.gif

yeah jeans are uncomfortable unless I wear like an unscented pantyliner or something to keep them from rubbing. I couldn't really tell ya about the bath thing, cuz i only take showers. If you're using a soap or something to cleanse with, that might be causing more irritation.

Maybe some of the other ladies can give you some insight on that. Try taking showers for a while and see if that helps. I heard that a cool compress should help with the external irritation.
jewelscando
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Dec 11 2007, 11:13 PM) *
oops. yeah me too. what does it do anyway? i had two drinks last night. that should be cool eh? i mean, i'm fine, just real drained today. but that could also be due to long night we had .. and that i havent really been drinking much water lately. just wondering, is flagyl hard on the liver or kidneys maybe? or do you think the alcohol counteracts the effects of the drug?

Drinking Alchohol with the Flagyl can make your vomit. That is why they say not to drink while taking it.
knorl05
ah thanks jewels. i love the icon to go with it! wink.gif
Morphia
Hey guys! Long time no post. Here to update. So far I'm STILL culturing negative for the Strep B, I'm not showing any signs of BV on my wet mount save for "a few clue cells that aren't consistent with the ones he was looking for" and I STILL smell, burn and cannot have sex b/c of the pain. My doc even had two other doctors look at my wetprep the last time I saw him and the only thing strange they could find was NO lactobacilli. Well, I can't fix that. I broke down and tried sticking a probiotic up there and all it did was irritate me more and make me leak out a bright yellow substance that stained my underwear. (The pill is a VERY light yellow until its gets moist and then it turns a radioactive yellow. lol) So, my doctor had a compounding pharmacy make up some tea tree oil suppositories. Supposedly its supposed to help restore the natural flora he says.

Well, before I try that I'm thinking I'd like to try the one antibiotic I haven't tried yet...Metrogel. I bet after using that I'll culture positive for the Strep again....
fbgirl987
Last night was the first time I tried the boric acid. Hopefully that and the flagyl will help. I was petrified I would have some insane allergic reaction and end up at the ER but to be honest- the Clindesse and Monistat burn more than the boric acid! I am a LITTLE swollen today but thats not unusual for me to begin with and of course that stuff is working its way out.
But so far- no burning, itching or pain.
I am hoping this is the immediate relief I need...but as I have learned...never get your hopes up with BV. dry.gif

I will keep you all informed. wink.gif
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 11 2007, 02:57 PM) *
Hi Jularee,
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything else WITH the Flagyl? Or are you just on that right now? Today is day two on it for me and I havent yet had any side effects (knock on wood). I am praying I DON'T get a yeast infection with it....which is how this whole cycle started. dry.gif

I'm only taking the flagyl right now. I'm on day 7 I think. So far so good. After I finish the Flagyl I will start taking the Femdophilus and Reuteri again to replenish everything.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 02:09 PM) *
I'm only taking the flagyl right now. I'm on day 7 I think. So far so good. After I finish the Flagyl I will start taking the Femdophilus and Reuteri again to replenish everything.

so you have seen improvement with it? I just ordered HLC Probiotics to take when I am done to replinish the good bacteria. I am really hoping for improvement with Flagyl
sciongal
Hi all,
I put this by mistake on the forum list..so I will ask here also. I found out about a herbal product called Vagistatin. Has anyone else heard of it or used it???
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 12 2007, 04:03 PM) *
so you have seen improvement with it? I just ordered HLC Probiotics to take when I am done to replinish the good bacteria. I am really hoping for improvement with Flagyl

yes i've seen A LOT of improvement. i have no odor, itching, pain, burning or anything. My discharge is clear. I'm really hoping the flagyl will take care of it for a bit. I've taken flagyl in the past for my BV but I think I made the mistake of not replenishing the good bacteria after I finished the course.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 04:46 PM) *
yes i've seen A LOT of improvement. i have no odor, itching, pain, burning or anything. My discharge is clear. I'm really hoping the flagyl will take care of it for a bit. I've taken flagyl in the past for my BV but I think I made the mistake of not replenishing the good bacteria after I finished the course.

god thats awesome news! I am sooo hoping for the same. I am going to try to replinish. the lady at rockwell nutrition told me that if i dont put in the 'good bacteria'- that it is kinda counter productive. so i caved and paid another $40 for the probiotics. hopefully it comes soon since I am on the Flagyl now.
I am happy for you and your symptoms clearing up- it gives me hope. smile.gif Can I ask how long it lasted last time?
jularee
QUOTE(sciongal @ Dec 12 2007, 04:29 PM) *
Hi all,
I put this by mistake on the forum list..so I will ask here also. I found out about a herbal product called Vagistatin. Has anyone else heard of it or used it???

that's a new one for me. any idea what it's supposed to do?
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 12 2007, 08:29 PM) *
god thats awesome news! I am sooo hoping for the same. I am going to try to replinish. the lady at rockwell nutrition told me that if i dont put in the 'good bacteria'- that it is kinda counter productive. so i caved and paid another $40 for the probiotics. hopefully it comes soon since I am on the Flagyl now.
I am happy for you and your symptoms clearing up- it gives me hope. smile.gif Can I ask how long it lasted last time?

last time i took flagyl orally the symptoms stayed away for about a year actually. then i had an IUD placed in May and got diagnosed with BV in July. my doc treated with me with metrogel but that only kept the symptoms away for about a month. trying not to use antibiotics again to treat it, i went the herbal/less conventional route. i tried femanol which worked really well but i decided not to buy another bottle due to cost. then i tried probiotics, garlique, and B vitamins for a while with great results but then one day the horrible odor and discharge came raging back. finally i gave up and ordered the flagyl online.
lisabon
OMG... you guys don't know how happy I am that I found this site. I've had BV for some years now and had originally thought first that I wasn't cleaning down there properly (I was a teen and didn't know any better), then couple years down the line, figured it was a yeast infection and did the over the counter stuff. Didn't work of course

I went to see a gyn last year and she told me I had a slight case of yeast infection and gave me Gynazole Fluconazole 150mg. That didn't work, so I went to another gyn and then he tells me I had BV. He presecribed the Metron... something or other and that made me sick. I had all the side effects. Stomach cramps, nausea, wierd ass taste in ur mouth, light headedness etc. I'm pretty sure that was the worst week of my life. I was on my period too so the stomach cramps were 10 times worst. I didn't realize it was the pills that were making me sick until a full week after taking it.

Anyways, stopped taking the pills, let my gyn know and he then prescribed the Clindamax cream. That crap made the inside of my vagina itch and it did't work at all.

So now here I am, still with the discharge, the fishy smell and the itchy chocho. I've been reading through the thread and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and give this boric acid a try. I'm desperate.

ETA: The itching is more bothersome than the discharge and the smell. Does the boric acid help with the itching?
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 12 2007, 10:58 PM) *
last time i took flagyl orally the symptoms stayed away for about a year actually. then i had an IUD placed in May and got diagnosed with BV in July. my doc treated with me with metrogel but that only kept the symptoms away for about a month. trying not to use antibiotics again to treat it, i went the herbal/less conventional route. i tried femanol which worked really well but i decided not to buy another bottle due to cost. then i tried probiotics, garlique, and B vitamins for a while with great results but then one day the horrible odor and discharge came raging back. finally i gave up and ordered the flagyl online.

I might pick up the garlique today if I can find it in a drug store. I hope i am symptom free for a year. that would be great (actually- even a week sounds like heaven at this point). blink.gif
I didn't try the boric acid again last night because I was kinda swollen and unsure if it would make things worse...so...its Flagyl and tons of yogurt and vitamins for now. Fingers crossed.

I am def glad its worked for you so far. Let me know how it goes and I will do the same. wink.gif
fbgirl987
QUOTE(lisabon @ Dec 13 2007, 01:23 AM) *
OMG... you guys don't know how happy I am that I found this site. I've had BV for some years now and had originally thought first that I wasn't cleaning down there properly (I was a teen and didn't know any better), then couple years down the line, figured it was a yeast infection and did the over the counter stuff. Didn't work of course

I went to see a gyn last year and she told me I had a slight case of yeast infection and gave me Gynazole Fluconazole 150mg. That didn't work, so I went to another gyn and then he tells me I had BV. He presecribed the Metron... something or other and that made me sick. I had all the side effects. Stomach cramps, nausea, wierd ass taste in ur mouth, light headedness etc. I'm pretty sure that was the worst week of my life. I was on my period too so the stomach cramps were 10 times worst. I didn't realize it was the pills that were making me sick until a full week after taking it.

Anyways, stopped taking the pills, let my gyn know and he then prescribed the Clindamax cream. That crap made the inside of my vagina itch and it did't work at all.

So now here I am, still with the discharge, the fishy smell and the itchy chocho. I've been reading through the thread and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and give this boric acid a try. I'm desperate.

ETA: The itching is more bothersome than the discharge and the smell. Does the boric acid help with the itching?

Hi Lisa...I tried the boric acid for the first time two nights ago and it did help with the symptoms. I was kinda swollen after but oddly, no redness, itching or burning. I noticed right away it hurt less than the monistat and clindesse I have used off and on.
Hope it works for you. Let us know. smile.gif
konphusion26
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 13 2007, 07:51 AM) *
Hi Lisa...I tried the boric acid for the first time two nights ago and it did help with the symptoms. I was kinda swollen after but oddly, no redness, itching or burning. I noticed right away it hurt less than the monistat and clindesse I have used off and on.
Hope it works for you. Let us know. smile.gif

I agree, the boric acid is awesome. I have used it twice this week and so far, so good. No odor, no itching, no discharge except of course the clear stuff. I don't know if it will actually cure me, but its helping so far. I've got my flagyl on the way too. Also taking acidophilus capsules. I'm going to battle this thing from all angles. Hopefully, it will work. Good luck ladies!!!!!!!
fbgirl987
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Dec 13 2007, 08:17 AM) *
I agree, the boric acid is awesome. I have used it twice this week and so far, so good. No odor, no itching, no discharge except of course the clear stuff. I don't know if it will actually cure me, but its helping so far. I've got my flagyl on the way too. Also taking acidophilus capsules. I'm going to battle this thing from all angles. Hopefully, it will work. Good luck ladies!!!!!!!

Konphusion26, thats where I was on sunday I think...attacking from all angles! LOL
I just wasnt sure about continuing use of the boric acid because of the swelling. Did you have any of that? It wasn't like an allergic reaction...because there was no redness and my symptoms were MUCH better- but it was swollen.

I was reading old posts in this topic and saw some info on the JAMU stick as well. Some women saw results from that...if any of you are lurking around here- did it work long term?

Good luck Konphusion!! Let me know how it goes!
konphusion26
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 13 2007, 08:47 AM) *
Konphusion26, thats where I was on sunday I think...attacking from all angles! LOL
I just wasnt sure about continuing use of the boric acid because of the swelling. Did you have any of that? It wasn't like an allergic reaction...because there was no redness and my symptoms were MUCH better- but it was swollen.

I was reading old posts in this topic and saw some info on the JAMU stick as well. Some women saw results from that...if any of you are lurking around here- did it work long term?

Good luck Konphusion!! Let me know how it goes!

Thanks fbgirl!! Fortunately, I've not had any swelling with mine (even with the boric acid, no swelling). You're having a rough time with this crap huh??? Dang girlie. I've never heard of a JAMU stick either... what the heck is that? LOL Not sure i wanna shove it in my "cookie jar". LOL laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.