Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
shorty
hi ladies i just wanted to say that when i had recurrent bv for about 2 years it got to the stage where i was taking so much of everything i didnt know what worked from what didnt. For me tea tree and lavender worked good for about 8 months then it would induce itching and BVwould be back. i wold just bathe in it in stead of bubbl bath as this is a common cause of bv.#I think really its best to try one remedy at a time for a few weeks then go another few weeks of doing nothing exceept bathing in warm water maybe alittle salt nand see which thing is working or not for you.
i started getting bv with the IUD the only thing that i can say seems to have worked 4 me is acidophillus, less or no sugar, no soap or bubble bath, no thongs ,no underwear at night, no tight fitting pants.
its boring but ive been BV free for months now no smell after sex, some times i have wetter days but i guess this BV thing gets us so nuts, we dont know what normal is any more.

BV is an imbalace so i think like things like garlic, acidophillus reducing sugar are definitely going to be beneficial. the boric acid 1 seems all good at the moment or has any one had a recurrance/odour?
but again jewels maybe u should try 1 thing for a couple weeks to figure out whats triggering it off.

maybe we could do a trial here where everyone uses 1 method for 2/3 weeks we cut all soaps abd bubblebath, use plain salt water to bate with, and report back results, what do you think?

sassy
I've been using the boric acid...I used it for about 10 days and it got rid of my BV...now I just use one capsule after sex. It sucks to have to do that, but if I don't, it will come back! I really like it though. I don't plan on using anti-biotics again!
d_double_u
Sassy,

How far up do you put these capsules?
sassy
Just as far as I can get it up there with my fingers...I don't know how to describe better than that!
klee
I was checking other boric acid powders and they're all 100% boric acid. Uhhh...this might be gross but the stuff they use for cockroach killer is the same thing. And you get a huge container of it for a couple bucks.
sassy
I got my boric acid at walmart and its only like 20% boric acid and its not the cockroach killer stuff...so I don't know.
honey
hi Tatina is it garlic pills or can i pick it up at a supermarket.
sha
Hi Honey, I think Tatina means whole garlic. Wrap it in sterile gauze.
honey
thanks sha
pepper
boric acid has so many uses, it's like baking soda.
uses
warning.
sha
Pepper, question. Does boric acid work on BV too and not just yeast?
pepper
i personally never used anything when i had bv so i can't report on the boric acid. i didn't have a case as bad as what is recorded here though so... it's hit or miss with treatment it seems. mine just went away when i stopped doing the out of the ordinary things that had brought it on in the first place. lucky me, you girls suffer so much, i just can't even imagine.
any news on that zapper treatment? if that actually works it's a fantastic miracle of ginormous proportions that we are gonna spread around to every bv suffering girl we know.
i don't mean the royal we btw. i kinda meant us, ha ha.
tatina
Honey, it has to be real garlic, not pills and best organic one. Pepper, some of my friends use the zapper and are very excited about it.
shorty
is the zapper the same thing as the 1 u use for insect bites?
tatina
It is a device developed by Hulda Clark, a researcher on AIDS and cancer (correct me if I am wrong, Pepper). It has nothing to do with insect bites but the theory is that it will kill parasites and germs in your body with light electric current. I am sceptical - also had a few acciddents with electricity and am not wild about the idea. But as I said - some of my more couragious friends love the thing and use it alot.
sha
Tati I have to admit, I too am a bit skeptical about the zapper.
pepper
i works amazing well for certain things, i was very impressed by the results i got. it not electricity in any dangerous sense, just a couple of double a's.
i'm curious to hear about it's affect on bv.
sha
Pepper, did it hurt? With you, what did it work for? If you don't mind me asking?
tatina
Just googled a bit and found these two websites on the zapper and Hulda Clark. One very pro, one very anti. Just for the sake of discussion - as I said I never tried it. Love, Tati
http://www.drclark.net/
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/clark.html
sassy
That zapper information is very weird. I personally don't believe it, but who is to say. It seems a bit scary to me.
neverending
I've been using the Zapper for a week now and it does'nt hurt at all.I feel very sleepy and then I get this burst of energy all of a sudden.I've only been using it a short time so give me about a month and I will let you know if it's a success.I did lose 4 pounds in 3 days and I saw black specks(bacteria)in my stool.Every little bit helps!
precious83
neverending: where did u get the zapper? how much does it cost?
jewelscando
I agree Sassy!! I think I'll skip it!
pepper
i don't have time to read those links right now (i've read hulda clark's books already) but what exactly did you find *scary*? was it actually something or just fear of the unknown? brave up girls, it doesn't hurt and you have nothing to lose.
i used it for some chronic conditions that my therapist thought were parasite related. it worked. i felt better after three treatments and i've believed in the power of the zapper since.
it doesn't hurt, you don't even feel it. and you can find instructions online for making one yourself for only a few bucks.
sha
Pepper's right. I've had chronic BV for years even after taking conventional meds time and time again. I am willing try anything unconconvetional at this point. There's always a chance it might work.
neverending
precious83:This herbalist I saw suggested I try it.It was $29.95 but you can make your own for a little of nothing.Here's the link so you can make your own:
http://www.zapperlab.com/

Pepper:Girl we are on the same page!I believe you have to try a combination of things in order to get rid this.When the herbalist suggested it I thought "well it could'nt hurt".I was also told if you have a bacteria problem that more than likely you have a fungus problem too.What is your take on that?

pepper
i'm sure chacha will have some great insight into this but here's my take on it.
an imbalance in the body indicates a system that is functioning out of whack. if your immune system is succumbing to parasites (some are so virulent than anyone would suffer from them, i mean the easier to conquer parasites here), bacteria, fungus, yeast, digestive weakness, insomnia, depression, cramps, etc, it's because your immune system or body as a whole is in trouble. it's not getting what it needs to do it's job or something is interferring with it's ability to do it's job. the body strives to be well, it wants to function perfectly and works very hard to repair damage and detoxify.
this mind set is right out of the realm of allopathic (regular medical) doctors to deal with, they don't look at the body as a symbiotic system of suppports and weaknesses that need to be addresses holistically, or as a whole so yes, you may need to try a LOT of things before you hit on what will help your individual set of issues. and there is a good chance that if you suffer from one dis-ease or illness, you'll be suseptable to another.
the key, i think, is to support the functions of the body as a whole as best you can and to address issues that arrise holistcally by looking at the entire body system and dealing with the root of the problem instead of just the symptoms. correctly tracing the source of the issue is the best way to find out exactly what caused it and fix it entirely so that it never returns.
there are basic things that many people don't do and then wonder why they feel fatigued or worse. it's no secret that proper diet, exercise, adequate sleep, conscious relaxation, clean air and water, etc are some of the keys to great health and yet, one or often more of those simple things is ignored on a regular basis. if even the basics are being neglected, imagine what else we subject ourselves to. no wonder we feel like crap eh? drugs may make someone feel temporarily better but they don't address the root cause of the problem and will therefore never fix it.

whew, that was long winded. ah well, i started to answer and it all just flew out of my fingers.
sassy
Hey guys...just thought I would update you on my boric acid usage. Now I'm just using it about twice a week to keep things okay down there but even when things get a little unbalanced, they seem to correct themselves easier now and the smell, if it comes back at all, is hardly detectable. I'm definately planning on using the boric acid for any full-blown BV reoccurences. In my opinion, it works as well as antibiotics I've tried (like all of them! Haha...) and I'm planning on getting some Primal Defense supplements too so that I can maintain things easier. Just thought I would share.
quietmadness
Dang--I'm going to go get some boric acid and gelcaps!!

Soooo damned tired of this wretched discharge/itch/smell.

I can hardly remember what my natural "smell" was even like anymore.
jewelscando
Again, Horrid smell Friday, then NOTHING the rest of the weekend. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm taking vacation next week and I'm headed to the doctor. I don't care if they put me on more meds. At least I'll be BV free for a few weeks. I need to act fast, it's starting to screw with my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
neverending
UPDATE:

I've been using the Zapper for about 2 weeks now and I have not had any symptoms for a long time.I've also been taking Garlic capsules,yeast-cleanse,and Omega Zyme.Everything has been going pretty well lately.Finally!
precious83
neverending: where did u get your zapper for 29.95? Are u on a special diet? if so can you tell me what are some foods you eating? Which supplements are u taking?

Thanks
precious83
neverending: where did u get your zapper for 29.95? Are u on a special diet? if so can you tell me what are some foods you eating? Which supplements are u taking?

Thanks
d_double_u
Hey Jewels,

Sorry about it coming back. I just order Tetrasil and I can only hope and pray that it works. It's good you're going to the doctor. I just hope they give a cure and not just a temporary fix
sha
I too have been using boric acid pills. They work like a charm!! Sassy let me know about Garden of Life's Primal Defense. They are one of my clients and I'm sure I can get you some for free.
pepper
that is so awesome about the zapper. my friend with no internet suffers from bv (the original reason i started visiting this thread as i get it very rarely and it goes away on it's own) i'm going to build a zapper and experiment on her. at this point she'll try anything and if we stumble upon a cure for her, wow!
sha, you can get primal defense for free? omg, colour me jealous. i haven't been able to afford that stuff for about four year (plight of the single mommy) and i LOVE it. even my little boy liked it, he'd crunch up the tablets and run around the house with black teeth, ha ha! primal defense is excellent stuff.
sha
Hey Pepper, Garden of Life is one of my clients. I really had no idea that stuff worked. I'll get you some too yourself and your son. You sound like a great mom!
Pepper, can you show me how to make a zapper? I'm a total techno moran who has difficulty turning on her toaster.
pepper
holy mack, you rock! garden of life is an AWESOME company. i miss my health-food-store-employee-discount on nifty products i can't afford anymore. my kid loves healthy stuff, must be all the things i took when i was pregnant, hee.
sha, neverending posted this link with directions on how to make a zapper. unfortunately some of it makes no sense to me but i have a friend who likes to fool around with electrical stuff so i'm gonna hit him up for help. i'll let you know if he can simplify the proceedure and i'll take pictures to post. it may take a while but i'm calling in sick to work today so maybe he'll come over (way to get a cutey alone at my place too, heh heh).

hey, i'm in bc, where are you?
sha
Pepper,I clicked on the link and can't figure out how to make the zapper.
I'm in NY. Will reach out to you offline for your shipping address. Also check www.naturesplus.com for any other supplements for you are you son.

Last question, do you adhere to any special diet?
pepper
sha, i know. that link is a bit confusing even though it's supposed to be the easy version. i'll figure it out and let everyone know how to make one as soon as i can.
i eat a really healthy diet. my mom's a veggie hippy so i grew up with brown bread and tofu and such and it just seems to be what i like to eat naturally.
i don't drink caffeine, hardly ever have any meat or dairy, very limited refined flour/grain, limited processed/packaged foods, minimal alcohol. minimal sweets.
i have tea in the morning, usually herbal, and fruit. lots of salad for lunch and dinner, fruit for snacks, raw nuts and seeds, dried fruit on occasion, homemade soup, whole grain pasta with homemade sauce, stirfries, rice and veg and chickpeas or beans, tofu, occasionally fish or other seafood, very rarely meat.
i have been pigging out lately on jsut about everything in an attempt to put on some weight (i have a hyper fast metabolism) and it's working a bit but it makes me feel sluggish and messes with my digestion.

what do you eat?
shorty
i too would love to knowwhere u get the zapper for 29.99 as i have chronic eczema, no longer an itchy cootcie an itchy everthing else, i wonder if the zapper wpuld help with that, so please let us have the 29.95 link neverending , glad the boric acid is working, seems to be top cure in the lounge right now.
pepper
shorty, i think neverending said the Treatment was 29.99, not the zapper. the premade one on that side was a hundred bucks, ouch!
mrj
hello ladies,

I just wanted to let you all know the boric acid is working great. I have to take hormone supplements also and I have to say with the boric acid it is all working great. NO MORE SMELL!!! I am so excited we are going on vacation in two weeks and I am hoping I do not have to worry about the smell like I did on our anniversary. If you have not tried the boric acid try it it works.
Thanks sassy!
sassy
sha--if you can get me some primal defense free, let me know! I haven't tried it yet for lack of cash but I would love to see how it works.

I'm glad the boric acid works so well for sha and mrj! It really is a great antibiotic replacement and cheap! I'm happy for us!
sassy
Oh, and mrj...after you get rid of the BV with the boric acid, I have just been using about a half full capsule after sex to maintain things. It's been working nicely for me.
d_double_u
Where do u get the gel caps for the boric acid treatment?
treehugger
uh-oh.

I think I might be coming down with this. I've been noticing a "funk" like when I squat and bend, even through pants. I have a little bit of a pink tinge to my normal discharge....????? thoughts?

It's not the stereotypically "fishy" smell, it's something else altogether. Something I can't describe. I tried douching...but I'm not sure what's wrong.
suczka
d double u -

I got them from my ob/gyn as part of the prescription along with the boric acid powder. I'm not sure if you can get them over the counter. It's worth a try just asking a pharmacist for them.
sassy
I got my gel capsules from a local health food store. I got 50 vegetarian capsules for $2.50. You can get the capsules and the powder over the counter.
suczka
Oh! You payed less than I did with the prescription!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.