Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
jularee
QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 27 2007, 11:06 PM) *
To give an update I just returned from my apt with my new Dr and I am BV free. Unlike my other Dr who diagnosed me by eye this one took a culture and took my ph level which was a normal 4.5. The white discharge that I have she says is normal. Phew I didn't think I can take much more. She also said that she likes to prescribe AVC Cream so I don't know if any of you tried it yet but if not hey its worth a try. The cream treats both fungal and bacterial yeast infections concurrently. Its a suppository that you do two times a day in the morning and night, messy but not as nauseating as the effects of Flagyl. Anyway I feel very relieved but paranoid that it will come back so I am sure i will still be obsessed checking but lets keep our fingers crossed. Let me know if any of you tried this AVC cream.

At first I thought you were talking about ACV cream! (apple cider vinegar lol) Soooo I did a little research about the AVC cream for you. Most of what I found says it's used to treat fungal infections (yeast) but it does have a pH of 4.3 which will help healthy bacilli colonize in the vagina. It is a sulfa based drug so if you're allergic to sulfa please be careful. Don't want any allergic reactions happening! Hope everything works out. Keep us updated. smile.gif
jularee
QUOTE(holly @ Dec 28 2007, 01:36 AM) *
Hi! I am new here, ive been reading all these posts and realize that i believe i have BV. I have been getting it on and off for years now. Ive noticed this time ive had symptoms for almost a week now. My boyfriend noticed the other night and said that "it smelled stinky." i was like great, now he noticed. ANyway..usually its gone away on its own but this time it doesnt seem that way.. im reading about the tree oil capsules? what do else do you girls suggest? Thank u so much!

Welcome to the board! Have you ever been diagnosed with BV by a physician?
holly
thanks! and no, i have not. i havent gone about BV. I thought it was a yeast infection all those times..plus it cleared up on its own. so figured that was it..but since its reoccuring + theres no itchiness..im thinking this is it.
jularee
QUOTE(holly @ Dec 28 2007, 01:53 AM) *
thanks! and no, i have not. i havent gone about BV. I thought it was a yeast infection all those times..plus it cleared up on its own. so figured that was it..but since its reoccuring + theres no itchiness..im thinking this is it.

if you're able to, you might wanna get a 'formal diagnosis' from your doc just to be sure it's BV. after that you can try some of the things mentioned in the previous posts to see what works for you if you decide not to go the antibiotic route. good luck!
yme30
Hi all, I am Yme30, I have been reading here for a little over a month now and I am anxious to post my story. I have had BV since I was a 14 year old virgin, I never thought that one day I would wake up and be plague by BV for the rest of my life, its as if all my innocence was ripped from me yet on the outside I was innocent. I made decent grades, wasn't into boys, and obeyed my parents. It hurts when you have to re-arrange your life as a young teen around a foul smelling odor. Now here I am almost 30, afraid to have sex with anyone afraid to get too close to anyone. Why did this happen to me? Why is there not a strong cure for this BV? Why do women even get this s--t?

Anyway just needed to get these things off my chest and I have a question for Bella, you said you ordered your flagyl from easy-md right? How often did you take it? Congrats on being BV free, oh how I envy you.
knorl05
for those of you allergic to sulfas (i'm one of them) i've used a natural anti-fungal capsule called 'pau d arco'... may want to try that instead. but do please do your research, as not all natural products are completely safe either.
fbgirl987
hi my friends,
hope you all had a great holiday. I wanted to update you all and say- so far so good (knock on wood). I took the Flagyl and have been loading up on probiotics and other vitamins and also using the Rephresh every 3 days. Seems to have kept it at bay for now....
Have any of you had success with Rephresh? I read somewhere online it is the approved treatment for BV in Europe. Dont know if this is true as their website aims more at odor control and 'non-infectious itching'...but it seems to have worked for me. The only side effect is the discharge after the first day or so when it solidifies but anything up there has to come out somehow i guess.
fotogal
Hello All! I stumbled upon this site by accident and am sooooo glad I did! I have had BV on and off for years....probably dating back to my teens when the term was coined "Gardnerella". Never really had chronic BV until right after I had my second child 5 years ago when I (yes, I know, very stupid!) started taking a breast enhancement pill which consisted of nothing but Bovine ovary. So after the intitial BV diagnosis....you guessed it....chronic BV/yeast infection ping pong! My OB/Gyn is an old-schooler, but the very best in pregnancy and ultrasounds which is why I am still with him. Needless to say, I found a local RN (woman) that was well versed in treating BV, so I saw her behind my OB's back. We tried several things including the antibiotic treatments which (as you all know) work for a while and then it all just creeps back. She finally convinced me to use Relagard on a daily basis for a month or so and then just a few times a week or after sexual intercourse. While all this was going on, I was also having abnormal paps which also lasted until last year and my OB (remember, old-school) kept wanting to treat with freezing and ultimately wanted to do a very invasive conization, which I would absolutely not let him do since I was only diagnosed with mild dysplasia once out of the whole 3 years of "abnormal" paps and did a lot of research on women who had conizations and tried to concieve afterwards (not a good combo). I have 2 children right now and we wanted a third, but in the midst of all these problems did not seem like a good plan. After the Relagard treatment, things got a lot better and I have not had BV for about 2 years. Last Dec(2006), I got pregnant and got my first normal Pap in 3 years. I have gotten normal paps every 3 months since and so far, so good on that issue! I had a miscarriage in Feb. when I was 9.5 weeks pregnant, but have not had any BV issues. I am now thankfully 15 weeks pregnant and at my 12 week appt. was diagnosed with BV at my appt. I was itching and had a mild odor which I was sure was BV, but was so scared to have this during pregnancy. I have not used the Relagard in about 1 year b/c I got used to not having it and with the pregnancies, didn't even think about it. I know that my husband's semen and oral sex are what triggers my BV...which is a good thing to know. But my dilemma is what do I do now that I'm pregnant and have BV? I have read almost all of the posts, and have not run across anything that discusses BV and pregnancy. My Dr. was at odds b/c the trusty Metronidizol is not safe during the first trimester, so he put me on Clindamyacin cream for 5 days (1/2 dose at bedtime). I did this 3 weeks ago and I am still itching, but don't know if it is BV or yeast....I suspect BV. My next appt. is Jan. 3. I also have totally scared myself silly about the risk of BV in the first trimester by reading all of the studies and such on the internet. Basically, late miscarriage and Preterm labor are HUGE risks with BV in the first trimester. And after having a miscarriage with the last pregnancy.......I am scared as ever to go through that again! And, of course, my husband has been patient, but does NOT understand all this (and doesn't want to). He just knows that it means no intercourse, and that doesn't go over very well. I know he thinks I'm over-reacting, but I know that if we have intercourse......here we go again! Condoms are in our future, but until this BV is cleared up, I am so miserable....I don't want to have sex! My first priority is getting this baby to full term and I am hoping someone here can give me some insight to anything during pregnancy that is safe and will help!
Thanks for the great resources here! smile.gif
jularee
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:45 AM) *
Anyway just needed to get these things off my chest and I have a question for Bella, you said you ordered your flagyl from easy-md right? How often did you take it? Congrats on being BV free, oh how I envy you.

Welcome! I've ordered from easy.md also. Great site actually. I took flagyl twice a day for 10 days and so far so good.
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:29 PM) *
hi my friends,
hope you all had a great holiday. I wanted to update you all and say- so far so good (knock on wood). I took the Flagyl and have been loading up on probiotics and other vitamins and also using the Rephresh every 3 days. Seems to have kept it at bay for now....
Have any of you had success with Rephresh? I read somewhere online it is the approved treatment for BV in Europe. Dont know if this is true as their website aims more at odor control and 'non-infectious itching'...but it seems to have worked for me. The only side effect is the discharge after the first day or so when it solidifies but anything up there has to come out somehow i guess.

glad to hear things are going well for you! i used rephresh last year and it actually kept my odor away for a few months after using a couple of tubes. but sadly i think my body got immuned to it or something because i tried it again this past summer and it did nothing for my symptoms. good luck with everything!
yme30
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 28 2007, 04:04 PM) *
Welcome! I've ordered from easy.md also. Great site actually. I took flagyl twice a day for 10 days and so far so good.

Hi Jularee, I just ordered mine from easy-md yesterday and I ordered the tea tree oil too. I am hoping that this will solve my BV. Thanks for the info now I have an idea about how to take the flagyl, man I really hope this works!!!
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 28 2007, 03:04 PM) *

Glad things are going well for you too hun. smile.gif You got the Flagyl from that site? Will make a note of that juuust in case;)
CanCan
QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Dec 26 2007, 08:03 PM) *
I just went to the doctor today, I was peeing blood...another kidney infection. The doctor things its from taking a tub bath... could be right. I havent had a UTI in a while and now I got one, four days after taking a pretty long tub bath with bubbles and oil in it. I started cipro today and I'll finish with a difulcan for yeast (if i get yeast) and I'll be upping my pro-biotics to keep my good bacteria up. I would love to try those tea tree oil suppositories those look great.

congrats to all those who are in BV free!

Ya, I think that anyone of us that wants to take a bath is taking a chance down there. I always do showers, I took a bath the other day, and two days later had a yeast infection! I haven't had a yeast infection in a very long time. I was on the phone bitching to a girlfriend about it and she told me she had one too! And that she thinks she got it because she was in a jacuzzi the other day! No shit.
CanCan
QUOTE(fotogal @ Dec 28 2007, 12:50 PM) *
Hello All! I stumbled upon this site by accident and am sooooo glad I did! I have had BV on and off for years....probably dating back to my teens when the term was coined "Gardnerella". Never really had chronic BV until right after I had my second child 5 years ago when I (yes, I know, very stupid!) started taking a breast enhancement pill which consisted of nothing but Bovine ovary. So after the intitial BV diagnosis....you guessed it....chronic BV/yeast infection ping pong! My OB/Gyn is an old-schooler, but the very best in pregnancy and ultrasounds which is why I am still with him. Needless to say, I found a local RN (woman) that was well versed in treating BV, so I saw her behind my OB's back. We tried several things including the antibiotic treatments which (as you all know) work for a while and then it all just creeps back. She finally convinced me to use Relagard on a daily basis for a month or so and then just a few times a week or after sexual intercourse. While all this was going on, I was also having abnormal paps which also lasted until last year and my OB (remember, old-school) kept wanting to treat with freezing and ultimately wanted to do a very invasive conization, which I would absolutely not let him do since I was only diagnosed with mild dysplasia once out of the whole 3 years of "abnormal" paps and did a lot of research on women who had conizations and tried to concieve afterwards (not a good combo). I have 2 children right now and we wanted a third, but in the midst of all these problems did not seem like a good plan. After the Relagard treatment, things got a lot better and I have not had BV for about 2 years. Last Dec(2006), I got pregnant and got my first normal Pap in 3 years. I have gotten normal paps every 3 months since and so far, so good on that issue! I had a miscarriage in Feb. when I was 9.5 weeks pregnant, but have not had any BV issues. I am now thankfully 15 weeks pregnant and at my 12 week appt. was diagnosed with BV at my appt. I was itching and had a mild odor which I was sure was BV, but was so scared to have this during pregnancy. I have not used the Relagard in about 1 year b/c I got used to not having it and with the pregnancies, didn't even think about it. I know that my husband's semen and oral sex are what triggers my BV...which is a good thing to know. But my dilemma is what do I do now that I'm pregnant and have BV? I have read almost all of the posts, and have not run across anything that discusses BV and pregnancy. My Dr. was at odds b/c the trusty Metronidizol is not safe during the first trimester, so he put me on Clindamyacin cream for 5 days (1/2 dose at bedtime). I did this 3 weeks ago and I am still itching, but don't know if it is BV or yeast....I suspect BV. My next appt. is Jan. 3. I also have totally scared myself silly about the risk of BV in the first trimester by reading all of the studies and such on the internet. Basically, late miscarriage and Preterm labor are HUGE risks with BV in the first trimester. And after having a miscarriage with the last pregnancy.......I am scared as ever to go through that again! And, of course, my husband has been patient, but does NOT understand all this (and doesn't want to). He just knows that it means no intercourse, and that doesn't go over very well. I know he thinks I'm over-reacting, but I know that if we have intercourse......here we go again! Condoms are in our future, but until this BV is cleared up, I am so miserable....I don't want to have sex! My first priority is getting this baby to full term and I am hoping someone here can give me some insight to anything during pregnancy that is safe and will help!
Thanks for the great resources here! smile.gif

Have you ever had your progesterone levels tested? My OB/GYN gave me a prescription for progesterone vaginal gel - it helps prevent miscarriages. It also helps with estrogen dominant BV.
mg86
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and thankful to have found this forum. Obviously I am suffering from chronic/recurrent BV, but just to give you a little background...I first noticed symptoms after a long course of antibiotics, and, thinking it was a yeast infection tried to treat myself with over the counter treatments...I eventually made a doctor's visit which began the first of many treatments with Flagyl. I have been to 4 different doctors, 2 of which were OBGYNs. I have been on Flagyl, Metro Gel, and Clindenesse (seems to help the most.)

It is almost always there...except for like one or two days after my period. I have not been to the doctor in several months as I am no longer sexually active and was hoping it would clear up on its own. I recently tried a box of rePHresh which seemed to help a little, but didn't do much. I tried taking some L. Acidopholus capsules orally, which also did not help at all. Someone on another forum, which you may want to check out if you haven't (http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7675) suggested inserting Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain yogurt (supposed to contain a certain kind of culture), I tried this, which didn't really seem to help, but it is worth a shot.

The biggest culprit for me is the odor. The discharge has DRASTICALLY improved since I first had it a year ago. There is some itching/redness present.

I have been suffering with this condition for a little over a year now. I am 21 years old. Reading other posts and seeing people have suffered for DECADES scares me!

I was wondering if someone could type up a little list of some alternative treatments, I have been doing some reading for months now but I am confused on how/how long to use certain treatments, etc.

Also, can anyone give any advice as to starting a new relationship? I am single at the moment, but I fear for the day when I will have to explain it to someone. The BV surfaced during a relationship that has since ended, and he was very understanding about it.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

neverending
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Hi Jularee, I just ordered mine from easy-md yesterday and I ordered the tea tree oil too. I am hoping that this will solve my BV. Thanks for the info now I have an idea about how to take the flagyl, man I really hope this works!!!

Is easy-md a good place to order stuff from? I don't want to pay and not receive the product. I see they have depression meds and you don't need a prescription.Thanx
jularee
QUOTE(neverending @ Dec 29 2007, 12:04 AM) *
Is easy-md a good place to order stuff from? I don't want to pay and not receive the product. I see they have depression meds and you don't need a prescription.Thanx

Hi Neverending! When I ordered from the easy-md site I got my meds in about 10 days just as the website promised. I figured it would take several weeks for it to arrive considering it was being shipped from overseas, so I was very surprised when it actually came on time.
glitzz
QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and thankful to have found this forum. Obviously I am suffering from chronic/recurrent BV, but just to give you a little background...I first noticed symptoms after a long course of antibiotics, and, thinking it was a yeast infection tried to treat myself with over the counter treatments...I eventually made a doctor's visit which began the first of many treatments with Flagyl. I have been to 4 different doctors, 2 of which were OBGYNs. I have been on Flagyl, Metro Gel, and Clindenesse (seems to help the most.)

It is almost always there...except for like one or two days after my period. I have not been to the doctor in several months as I am no longer sexually active and was hoping it would clear up on its own. I recently tried a box of rePHresh which seemed to help a little, but didn't do much. I tried taking some L. Acidopholus capsules orally, which also did not help at all. Someone on another forum, which you may want to check out if you haven't (http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=7675) suggested inserting Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain yogurt (supposed to contain a certain kind of culture), I tried this, which didn't really seem to help, but it is worth a shot.

The biggest culprit for me is the odor. The discharge has DRASTICALLY improved since I first had it a year ago. There is some itching/redness present.

I have been suffering with this condition for a little over a year now. I am 21 years old. Reading other posts and seeing people have suffered for DECADES scares me!

I was wondering if someone could type up a little list of some alternative treatments, I have been doing some reading for months now but I am confused on how/how long to use certain treatments, etc.

Also, can anyone give any advice as to starting a new relationship? I am single at the moment, but I fear for the day when I will have to explain it to someone. The BV surfaced during a relationship that has since ended, and he was very understanding about it.

hi im also 21 and very new to this whole bv thing i first realized i had it about a month ago when i had shocking smell and some weird discharge i thought i had a yeast infection too but the yeast meds didnt work, i also tried the yogurt soaked tampon bit and that didn't work either anywho long story short i did some research on the net and found out alot of women recommended boric acid i tried it and it worked amazingly, the symptom i wanted to get rid of most was that horrid and embarrassing smell and that was gone after the first night i used the boric acid. its definately worth a try
glitzz
QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

hi im also 21 and very new to this whole bv thing i first realized i had it about a month ago when i had shocking smell and some weird discharge i thought i had a yeast infection too but the yeast meds didnt work, i also tried the yogurt soaked tampon bit and that didn't work either anywho long story short i did some research on the net and found out alot of women recommended boric acid i tried it and it worked amazingly, the symptom i wanted to get rid of most was that horrid and embarrassing smell and that was gone after the first night i used the boric acid. its definately worth a try
glitzz
oh and i also went to gnc and purchased some organic soap , they had a couple to choose from but i preferred lavender, i found out when i used regular scented soaps my symptoms got kinda worse , so to make sure i keep my bv at bay i only use organic all natural soap and only 100% cotton under wear victoria secret pink has some really cute ones (so u wont feel forced to wear the granny panties from hanes at wallmart sad.gif ) i guess some of us are more sensitive than others so we have to take extra precautions and try to make the best out of our bad situations
fotogal
QUOTE(CanCan @ Dec 28 2007, 07:13 PM) *
Have you ever had your progesterone levels tested? My OB/GYN gave me a prescription for progesterone vaginal gel - it helps prevent miscarriages. It also helps with estrogen dominant BV.

I have almost all of my records from the 3 Dr's I've seen about this. I will go back and look to see if those blood tests are in with any of them. I'm sure the RN I saw did those tests b/c she did a lot of blood work checking folic acid, iron, thyroid, etc. She seemed very thorough on the blood, but something to check into! Thanks! Reading on this forum, I seem to recall that I had a lot less trouble when I was on the pill....I may need to do a little checking on my dates, but something to check also! Right now, it just seems that the boric acid, tee trea oil, and HP treatments are not something I need to explore with the pregnancy.....just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with pregnancy and what they did to get through it!
yme30
Hi members, I just found out via email from easy.md.com that my order for flagyl didn't process for the 8th time so maybe its a sign, so I made the dreaded decision to go to the doctor soon after all the new years hoopla. I am still waiting on my tea tree oil from vitacost though, and I hope that helps. Going to the doctor yet again to get all poked and prodded. Forget the war in Iraq theres an on-going battle thats raging inside of me right now, HELP!!! I know, TMI. Bye for now.
fbgirl987
QUOTE(jularee @ Dec 29 2007, 12:16 AM) *
Hi Neverending! When I ordered from the easy-md site I got my meds in about 10 days just as the website promised. I figured it would take several weeks for it to arrive considering it was being shipped from overseas, so I was very surprised when it actually came on time.

Are the meds just like what we get with a prescription- or are they different? I ask because I remember someone saying their Flagyl was yellow...and they werent sure it was the right med.
I am thinking of ordering another round of Flagyl from the site to keep here as backup.
konphusion26
Yeah i ordered my flagyl from there, its yellow. Has anyone gotten nauseous taking this stuff????? I just took one and now i feel like shyt. I dont know if its the weather change/sinusitis or if its from that flagyl. I feel like i've been run over by a bus. LOL
mg86
glitzz - thanks for your reply... I have read about others using the boric acid. How did you use it exactly? And how often?

konphusion26 - Flagyl is the worst! I always feel horribly nauseous when I take it...I can barely eat. It also gives your mouth a nasty taste. I hate Flagyl! LOL
jewelscando
CLICK ON BLOGS, THEN LOOK FOR "LORI'S BLOG". Lori is a member of this thread and has a great blog on everything we all have tried, what's worked, what's not worked, how to use it, etc. You will get alot of good information on there!!!

HI LORI!!! IF YOU'RE LURKING!!! tongue.gif
jularee
QUOTE(fbgirl987 @ Dec 29 2007, 05:06 PM) *
Are the meds just like what we get with a prescription- or are they different? I ask because I remember someone saying their Flagyl was yellow...and they werent sure it was the right med.
I am thinking of ordering another round of Flagyl from the site to keep here as backup.

i ordered mine from there and they worked fine. they were little yellow round pills instead of the white capsules i was used to seeing. i knew it was the real deal once i started to experience stomach cramps, nausea, and the infamous metallic taste in my mouth.
mg86
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Dec 29 2007, 09:15 PM) *
CLICK ON BLOGS, THEN LOOK FOR "LORI'S BLOG". Lori is a member of this thread and has a great blog on everything we all have tried, what's worked, what's not worked, how to use it, etc. You will get alot of good information on there!!!

HI LORI!!! IF YOU'RE LURKING!!! tongue.gif

Thanks for this information...she has some really helpful information. Just what I was looking for...thanks!
Italianwife88
QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 26 2007, 09:58 PM) *
If you don't have a smelly discharge, how do you know you have BV? Disharge is normal and the consistency varies over the course of the month. Everyday about a teaspoon of discharge is released, do you think you are losing more than that? I know sometimes I get crazy of I see any discharge assuming I have BV and then I go to the Dr and they say it is a normal discharge.

QUOTE(ThisSux @ Dec 27 2007, 02:20 AM) *
Why does your hubby get sick when you have unprotected sex. Did the smell make him nauseous? I can't believe there are girls with BV with NO odor. How lucky can you get? I mean, BV sucks, no matter what but I'd rather have a million things wrong with me then smell stanky down there. It's so nasty and gross. How can a guy not be turned off by that? If a guy smelled foul when he took off his pants.....INSTANT TURN OFF!

QUOTE(CanCan @ Dec 28 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Ya, I think that anyone of us that wants to take a bath is taking a chance down there. I always do showers, I took a bath the other day, and two days later had a yeast infection! I haven't had a yeast infection in a very long time. I was on the phone bitching to a girlfriend about it and she told me she had one too! And that she thinks she got it because she was in a jacuzzi the other day! No shit.

Bella, Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I think I used to loose more than that, not right now. Sometimes it would feel like I'd loose that all at once. My discharge has never been grey, its been smelly like fish and even eggs before(?) I wish I had insurance to run to the doctor every time I thought something was wrong sad.gif

This Sux, No he gets sick like, the day after his dick will get red bumps on it...like a male yeast infection or something, he'll have white stuff around his dick and hes not circumcised but i know its not that stuff whatever its called that is suppose to be between there. Yeah I've had odor, but there are times when I know I still have BV but not fully BV and i'll no odor but maybe some really this discharge with some white specs in it. Like right now I'm on CIPRO for a kidney infection and I think I'm going to get a yeast infection.

CanCan, Yeah no more baths for me, what sucks though is the Husband and I are suppose to be going away for 2 days to some cabins in VA for 2 days. It has a jacuzzi and were going to bring our champaign and have lots of sex lol, but I dont want to get sick again. so what can I do? The doctor told me its the chemicals in the hot tubs and pools that do that, and its just the bath tub being dirty that does it. I want to have a good time there but i dont want to come home sick..again. And EVERY time I have a UTI its strickly kidneys. I find that odd.
Bella10
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:45 AM) *
Hi all, I am Yme30, I have been reading here for a little over a month now and I am anxious to post my story. I have had BV since I was a 14 year old virgin, I never thought that one day I would wake up and be plague by BV for the rest of my life, its as if all my innocence was ripped from me yet on the outside I was innocent. I made decent grades, wasn't into boys, and obeyed my parents. It hurts when you have to re-arrange your life as a young teen around a foul smelling odor. Now here I am almost 30, afraid to have sex with anyone afraid to get too close to anyone. Why did this happen to me? Why is there not a strong cure for this BV? Why do women even get this s--t?

I took Flagyl but I didn't order it off the internet I got a prescription from my Dr and got it at the pharmacy. I took 500 mg for 7 days and that seemed to work and then to counter-act against getting a fungal yeast infection from the Flagyl I took a suppository of Gynazol.
Bella10
QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:07 PM) *
Hi everyone,

Hi I too noticed my symptoms after taking antibiotics as well and had a bad BV infection last summer that took 6 weeks to go away. As far as when you enter into a new relationship I was finally diagnosed BV free 9/8 and then got into a relationship at the end of Sept. I too was so paranoid about relapsing and nervous BV was going to sabotage my relationship but so far it hasnt and earlier this month I relapsed. I just told him that woman's bodies are sensitive and the littlist thing can throw off your levels and result in an infection. So far he has been great and understanding. He tells me to eay healthier and reminds me to eat yougurt or take my acidopoulous pills. If you date a meet a guy that is not understanding than he is clearly not worth it. Also when you meet a guy and become sexually active, afterwards either shower or wipe yourself with baby wipes to get any surface bacteria off. As far as any home remedies I am not familiar with them I always run off to the Dr whenever I think I have symptoms I actually just changed gyn's since my old one was not understanding. I just went to my new Dr last Thurs she examined me and took cultures and said she thinks I am BV free but I get the culture results wed so keep your fingers crossed.
Bella10
QUOTE(fotogal @ Dec 29 2007, 09:26 AM) *
I have almost all of my records from the 3 Dr's I've seen about this. I will go back and look to see if those blood tests are in with any of them. I'm sure the RN I saw did those tests b/c she did a lot of blood work checking folic acid, iron, thyroid, etc. She seemed very thorough on the blood, but something to check into! Thanks! Reading on this forum, I seem to recall that I had a lot less trouble when I was on the pill....I may need to do a little checking on my dates, but something to check also! Right now, it just seems that the boric acid, tee trea oil, and HP treatments are not something I need to explore with the pregnancy.....just wondered if anyone else had experienced this with pregnancy and what they did to get through it!

I too noticed that I have had no problems while on birth control. I was in a relationship for 13 years, broke up and came off the pill and got BV 3 times already. This past week I started up the pill again and my Dr thinks the pill will help because it keeps your hormones at the same level at all times of the month. Lets hope..
yme30
QUOTE(Bella10 @ Dec 30 2007, 05:07 PM) *
I too noticed that I have had no problems while on birth control. I was in a relationship for 13 years, broke up and came off the pill and got BV 3 times already. This past week I started up the pill again and my Dr thinks the pill will help because it keeps your hormones at the same level at all times of the month. Lets hope..

Hi Bella which birth control pill are u taking, I am on lovara?? and it makes me sick to my stomach still, many of times I had to leave work early because of the side effects. Being that I had BV since the age of 14 I really do think it could be hormone related because that was the same year of my period. Also are you 100% BV free, if so than I am so happy for you and tell me exactly what you did so I can do it too. Bye for now and thanks for responding to my earlier post.
kittykat
QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 30 2007, 07:26 AM) *
Thanks for this information...she has some really helpful information. Just what I was looking for...thanks!

Lori -- I love your blog!! It is full of a lot of helpful information, you definately did your homework smile.gif

You've got me really interested into researching further into some other possibilities of vaginitis.
yme30
QUOTE(kittykat @ Dec 31 2007, 02:52 AM) *
Lori -- I love your blog!! It is full of a lot of helpful information, you definately did your homework smile.gif

You've got me really interested into researching further into some other possibilities of vaginitis.

Lori, very helpful indeed. Though when I saw that the tea tree oil on your blog did nothing for bv I was somewhat disappointed because I ordered it the other day so now its going to be yet another let down. My doctor's appointment is on the 8th so at least I have that to look forward to. Thanks again Lori and hi to everyone esle. Later
chantelhugo
I inserted tea tree oil in a capsule 2 nights ago, and I think it gave me a yeast infection??
Jewels, did this happen to you after you used the tea tree? I am a big afraid to try it again...
mfc10
QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 31 2007, 03:34 PM) *
I inserted tea tree oil in a capsule 2 nights ago, and I think it gave me a yeast infection??
Jewels, did this happen to you after you used the tea tree? I am a big afraid to try it again...

Tea tree oil is a broad-spectrum anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial (except for good bacteria, which are not adversely affected by it). Therefore, the tea tree oil itself would help cure, not cause, a yeast infection. What kind of capsule did you use? I personally use the tee tree oil suppositories I provided the link to several messages ago. They've worked well for me.

Best wishes,
Maggie
yme30
QUOTE(mfc10 @ Dec 31 2007, 04:39 PM) *
Tea tree oil is a broad-spectrum anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial (except for good bacteria, which are not adversely affected by it). Therefore, the tea tree oil itself would help cure, not cause, a yeast infection. What kind of capsule did you use? I personally use the tee tree oil suppositories I provided the link to several messages ago. They've worked well for me.

Best wishes,
Maggie

Hi Mfc10, I wanna thank you for the link you provided, it is always helpful when us ladies get together and share useful information with one another. I thank all the ladies here for being so helpful, friendly,and understanding. Mfc10 how often did you use the suppositories give me the complete 411. Thanks.
jewelscando
QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 31 2007, 07:34 PM) *

No, did not get a yeast infection at all. But remember, I said, wouldn't use this if you are raw in any way. I don't think it would feel so good if you were raw!! But, no, in fact, my b.v. is gone again, so, I'm sure I'll have sex again tonight, and I will probably use it after that tonight. But, so far, so good on my end! rolleyes.gif
mfc10
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 31 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Hi Mfc10, I wanna thank you for the link you provided, it is always helpful when us ladies get together and share useful information with one another. I thank all the ladies here for being so helpful, friendly,and understanding. Mfc10 how often did you use the suppositories give me the complete 411. Thanks.

I mainly have used the suppositories as a maintenance/preventive method. (I got over repeat cycles of BV & yeast infections, finally, 18 months ago, after using boric acid at night for 2 weeks.) After things cleared up, I would take a tea tree oil suppository, break it in 1/2 and insert it in the morning. I usually wore a panty-liner, but it really didn't make a messy discharge like boric acid does. I did that for months. Then, when I was sure things were under control, I switched to using estrogen cream in the mornings 3 days per week and Sylk lubricant (pH=4.7) on alternate mornings. So far, so good!

Happy New Year,
Maggie

quietmadness
I just received the TTO and the TTO suppositories today in the mail.

Now what?? mellow.gif

--Quiet--
yme30
Thats all I need is yet another on line infomercial product that doesn't deliver results but takes my hard earned money.

ps. this is the BV board.
jularee
QUOTE(dcg123 @ Jan 1 2008, 12:15 PM) *
If you're like most Yeast Infection sufferers, the reason you're having such a hard time getting rid of your yeast infection is because you're using methods that couldn't possibly work, physiologically speaking. Not only that, you could be utterly destroying your delicate internal balance and your health and making your Yeast Infection worse in the process!

Yeast Infection starts from the inside and can only be treated and cured from the inside. If you continue to treat Yeast Infection externally by killing the Yeast Infection symptoms or by using antibiotics you are literally putting your health on the line and you will never get rid of your Yeast Infection. You see, most people who fail to treat their Yeast Infection are simply repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Even the natural products that promise to kill the source of the infection (e.g. killing Candida Albicans) do not work because candida is a naturally occurring yeast that is found in everybody and the only way to get rid of it is to neutralize the environment that encourages its overgrowth, not by killing the yeast.

The key to your success is working with your body by stopping the internal cause of Yeast Infection while maintaining that inner natural balance where Yeast Infection ceases to exist.

Spamming trolls ARE NOT welcome on this board. Besides this is a BV forum not yeast. BE GONE TROLL!!
quietmadness
Anybody got pointers on what to do with the Tea Tree Oil?? I understand the supps, but not the oil. Douche?? Thanks, y'all...

--Quiet--
Bella10
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 30 2007, 10:44 PM) *
Hi Bella which birth control pill are u taking, I am on lovara?? and it makes me sick to my stomach still, many of times I had to leave work early because of the side effects. Being that I had BV since the age of 14 I really do think it could be hormone related because that was the same year of my period. Also are you 100% BV free, if so than I am so happy for you and tell me exactly what you did so I can do it too. Bye for now and thanks for responding to my earlier post.

I am on Loestrin. I haven't experienced any side effects on it and that was also the same pill I was on for 11 years. Yes I went to the Dr last week and she said she thinks I am BV free as I am not displaying any symptoms to be on the safe side she ran cultures which I have to call up and get the results of tomorrow but she really doesn't think I still have yet I am still terrified about making that call tomorrow just in case! I took 500mg of Flagyl two times a day for 7 days and a suppository of gynazol to counteract for a yeast infection. So far Flagyl has been the only medication that has helped me even though I get deathly nauseous. They aren't kidding when they say no alcohol they mean NO ALCOHOL not even Listerine. I gargled with Listerine and very shortly after it felt like I had stomach virus for 24 hours. It was horrible. Has your Dr ran any tests to determine your hormone levels?
jewelscando
QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jan 1 2008, 11:06 PM) *
Anybody got pointers on what to do with the Tea Tree Oil?? I understand the supps, but not the oil. Douche?? Thanks, y'all...

--Quiet--

Are the capsules already filled up? If so, just insert, 1 at night, for a few nights, right before you go to bed. If they are not filled, then take a Gel cap, use a dropper, and fill it up. Close the gel cap, then insert.

I did this for just a couple nights in a row, then now only the Next evening after sex. Seems to be working great for me!!
glitzz
QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 29 2007, 08:45 PM) *
glitzz - thanks for your reply... I have read about others using the boric acid. How did you use it exactly? And how often?

konphusion26 - Flagyl is the worst! I always feel horribly nauseous when I take it...I can barely eat. It also gives your mouth a nasty taste. I hate Flagyl! LOL

i bought the pure boric acid from cvs it was in a white bottle that said boric acid on the front($5) and i went to gnc and bought some size 00 gelatin capsules ($3) the come in packs of a hundred, then i went home and filled about 30 capsules full of the boric so i would have some leftovers in case of emergency, then u insert one capsules before bed for a week some ppl say ten days but everyone is different i was completely symptom free after 3days but i used it for seven just to be on the safe side, the smell is gone after the first treatment or in like 12 hrs which was a blessing all in itself, but expect a lot of discharge which is clear and odorless but its alot i so a pantyliner is strongly suggested, i think its your bodies way of getting rid of the bad stuff but thats just my theory , but my symptoms haven't returned yet (knock on wood) and know i just use it after i have sex just to be on the safe side i hope it work for u if u try it and keep us posted!
quietmadness
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jan 2 2008, 12:32 AM) *
Are the capsules already filled up? If so, just insert, 1 at night, for a few nights, right before you go to bed. If they are not filled, then take a Gel cap, use a dropper, and fill it up. Close the gel cap, then insert.

I did this for just a couple nights in a row, then now only the Next evening after sex. Seems to be working great for me!!

Thanks for the reply, Jewels!

I only got a bottle of the oil though, not the capsules. What I did was put a few drops on the end of a tampon and inserted that. I used one of the suppositories---boy was THAT a greasy mess! I think I could probably put some of the oil into a douche, too.

That stuff smells wonderful, though. Love the smell. Sure is a lot better than lobster bait!!

--Quiet--
neverending
JUST SOMETHING INTERESTING!

http://www.celle.com/about.aspx
konphusion26
QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 2 2008, 03:31 PM) *
JUST SOMETHING INTERESTING!

http://www.celle.com/about.aspx

Thats kinda creepy to me. LOL You never know what they're doing with those cells when they're supposedly in "storage". Besides, I wouldnt pay anyone that much money to store my cells for future use. What happens if you die after you've gone through all that. What do they do with your "Cells" and money then??? Craziness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.