Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
shine
Hello Ladies-

I need a little clarification. For BV, do the Boric Acid capsules work better or the TTO capsules? I read on one post that the boric acid only helps yeast and not bv. I need help with the bv, and don't want to use the boric acid capsules if they are not going to help. All comments are appreciated.
sooo sad
hi ladies...

wanting to share my thoughts.....well, i finished my flagyl on 04/25, went to the dr and tested negative for bv, yeast, and trich (affirm test). i was told that i need to go back towards the end of this month for recheck to make sure i'm clear. my discharge is less but it is still there...still about 10%, i still don't have to wear a pantiliner. but this is the weird thing...i had sex (with sylk) about week ago and the next day i felt like there was a bit more discharge than before then when i stuck my finger in to scoop out the discharge(i know...gross) it was clumpy and white. it freaked me out. then the next 2 days no sex and i was feeling a bit better, then last night i had sex again and that discharge came back. i'm soo scared. i almost started crying....don't know what i should do. it seems like i might have to do some kind of maintanence like tto after sex. i know this is TMI but my boyfriend does pre-cum and i don't know if that has anything to do with it. if the bv is back on my next check up i think i'm gonna have to try flagyl vaginal cream. i haven't done that yet but i have tried clindamycin vaginal cream and that didn't work at all. if the flagyl vaginal cream doesn't work i don't know what to do....i feel soooo frustrated and i feel like commiting suicide. sometimes i think to myself..."what kind of woman am i? i can't ever go a day without thinking about my vaginal discharge and smell. i can't even play with my kids without thinking about the itch....i can't even be intimate with the man that i love without worrying about my vagina stinking or if the bv is coming" sorry about the long post but i'm sooo sad right now and i'm crying right now too. damn....what a fuckin' life!!!!!

sooo sad
sooo sad
QUOTE(shine @ May 14 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Hello Ladies-

I need a little clarification. For BV, do the Boric Acid capsules work better or the TTO capsules? I read on one post that the boric acid only helps yeast and not bv. I need help with the bv, and don't want to use the boric acid capsules if they are not going to help. All comments are appreciated.

shine

i've done research and boric acid is targeted more towards yeast and i also read that tto can cure bv and it also kills the bad bacteria and not the good bacteria.

sooo sad
neverending
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ May 14 2008, 10:11 PM) *
HEY SOOO SAD!! To tell the truth, kinda both but more maintenance I guess. honestly, sex is so few and far in between because of all crap thats constantly going on with my vag- when I am lucky enough to have a roll in the sheets, I try to insert 1 boric acid capsule the next day or two just to counteract any beasties... I notice that when I don't do that, I get RAGING yeast infections like the last 2 I've had. They've been so bad lately, the over the counter stuff just does nothing.
Lori, hunny I tell ya - $50 is a big one when you're unemployed. There's a $15 mail in rebate, but I gotta wait for it. Thank God for that stimulus check!!!!! My lil lady doc is wonderful though. She just doesnt know what the hell to do for me except keep giving me meds LOL I have been to so many dang doctors and they want to run a million tests and write an Rx for everything.

Neverending... is the estriol in pills or suppositories. I dont think I need it now cuz I'm on bc. Seems to be working pretty well.

They are suppoitories. I'm curious, are you on the Nuvaring?
sciongal
oh dear... Iknow how you feel...it does become quite consuming, no??? I don't have a partner right now and I am so scared about trying to meet someone and maybe get close. The other night I could swear one of my co-workers was taking a deep inhale while I was standing next to him. I just finished my period and I used TTO suppositories the whole time and actually the post-period smell I usually have was not there...but who knows what next month will bring. sad.gif I actually sometimes wonder how many women have ended it all over this condition. But please don't...we just have to support each other and try to figure out how to manage it and not beat up on ourselves.... hang in there, ok? peace, scion
QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 14 2008, 06:55 PM) *
hi ladies...

wanting to share my thoughts.....well, i finished my flagyl on 04/25, went to the dr and tested negative for bv, yeast, and trich (affirm test). i was told that i need to go back towards the end of this month for recheck to make sure i'm clear. my discharge is less but it is still there...still about 10%, i still don't have to wear a pantiliner. but this is the weird thing...i had sex (with sylk) about week ago and the next day i felt like there was a bit more discharge than before then when i stuck my finger in to scoop out the discharge(i know...gross) it was clumpy and white. it freaked me out. then the next 2 days no sex and i was feeling a bit better, then last night i had sex again and that discharge came back. i'm soo scared. i almost started crying....don't know what i should do. it seems like i might have to do some kind of maintanence like tto after sex. i know this is TMI but my boyfriend does pre-cum and i don't know if that has anything to do with it. if the bv is back on my next check up i think i'm gonna have to try flagyl vaginal cream. i haven't done that yet but i have tried clindamycin vaginal cream and that didn't work at all. if the flagyl vaginal cream doesn't work i don't know what to do....i feel soooo frustrated and i feel like commiting suicide. sometimes i think to myself..."what kind of woman am i? i can't ever go a day without thinking about my vaginal discharge and smell. i can't even play with my kids without thinking about the itch....i can't even be intimate with the man that i love without worrying about my vagina stinking or if the bv is coming" sorry about the long post but i'm sooo sad right now and i'm crying right now too. damn....what a fuckin' life!!!!!

sooo sad

konphusion26
QUOTE(neverending @ May 14 2008, 10:00 PM) *
They are suppoitories. I'm curious, are you on the Nuvaring?

Yeah i am... only been on it a few weeks though. So we'll see what happens. Can't be much worse than what I've already endured so far. Figure it can only go UP from here right LOL.

Sooo sad, my dear - It will get better. I think we've all been where you are right now. Some of us longer than others. Keep hope though. As frustrating and painful emotionally as this mess is, its not worth giving up all together. You have a forum full of women here going through what you are going through and as sciongal said... we support each other. Gosh that breaks my heart to read your post. I could feel the sadness in your words. Take the fem-d or femflora which ever u prefer, try the tto, and just keep trying until you get results. NEVER GIVE UP.
neverending
QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 15 2008, 02:55 AM) *
hi ladies...

sooo sad

LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES BUT SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER HUN. THINGS WILL GET BETTER. JUST KEEP TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS.
AND REMEMBER:

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.”
Ralph Marston

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe

anaisnin
sometimes i wish i was little again, remember how uncomplicated or bodies/vaginas were? i miss that!

anyways, TTO update.. i'm not trying to get my hopes up too high but I LOVE THIS STUFF. before i was doing a douche but i think filling the capsules undiluted works the best. i definitely feel like the bvs going away, who knows if it'll stay gone though. especially after i get my period unsure.gif
sooo sad
QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 15 2008, 04:40 PM) *
sometimes i wish i was little again, remember how uncomplicated or bodies/vaginas were? i miss that!

anyways, TTO update.. i'm not trying to get my hopes up too high but I LOVE THIS STUFF. before i was doing a douche but i think filling the capsules undiluted works the best. i definitely feel like the bvs going away, who knows if it'll stay gone though. especially after i get my period unsure.gif

hi anaisnin!

how are you doing the tto? everyday? at night? after sex too? just wondering cause i can't get rid of this crap. i tried tto suppositories after my treatment of flagyl + fem d but the bv is coming back. maybe tto undiluted in caps are better? please let me know!

thanks,

sooo sad
sooo sad
neverending, konphusion26, sciongal!

thanks for your words of encouragement. they do mean A LOT to me. i was so sad last night i didn't know what to do or think. i couldn't even concentrate at work and i asked to go home early today. i'm gonna try and stay strong for my kids, i was thinking if i'm not here who is gonna take care of them. i'm a single mom and i know the dad can't take care of them like i do. my next thing to try is probably metrogel for 7 days + femd. i'm taking 4 femd a day like konphusion26 suggested. i'm thinking about tto caps undiluted for maintanence also. if there are any suggestions please let me know...

thanks again lovely ladies

sooo sad
anaisnin
so so sad,

yeah, this is only my third day of using undiluted caps haha. i can tell it's working better than the douche already. first day it stung like hell though, but for some reason that went away. i would think caps are best b/c you can manually inserted them (they ARE strong) as far back as you need.

ive been on flagyl and god knows what else, this is working better for me so far.
anaisnin
maybe its just me, but i think the way regular docs treat bv is a bit scary. they prescribed all of these antibiotics and your body just develops a tolerance and the bacteria gets "smarter"..if someone had told me about acidophilus or tto type methods, i would've never tried those pills..not to mention the side effects.
lupe
Just curious, do any of your partners ever complain about the tea tree oil burning them in any type of way?
lori
QUOTE(anaisnin @ May 15 2008, 02:19 PM) *
maybe its just me, but i think the way regular docs treat bv is a bit scary. they prescribed all of these antibiotics and your body just develops a tolerance and the bacteria gets "smarter".

I totally agree.
anaisnin
if you have even the tiniest cut tto stings, do not use it when youre going to have sex
AMERIA
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I don’t have BV however, I have another issue that maybe someone can help me with. Whenever I eat fish (it maybe other foods) shortly afterwards my vagina smells like fish.

I don’t recall always having this issue. It’s so embarrassing because I try to use panty liners and showers to camouflage the scent however nothing works. Currently, I have a female partner so I don’t think it’s brought on by sex.

I have mentioned this to several doctors in the past and they all acted as if I was crazy. Recently, I changed doctors and he knew exactly what I was referring to. He suggested that I try Mayfield Nurture Milk or take probotics. I take probotics daily, along with folic acid, and B-Complex; however I don’t think this is working.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? sad.gif
Also what is TTO?

Thanks For Your Help!
neverending
QUOTE(AMERIA @ May 16 2008, 05:54 AM) *
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I don’t have BV however, I have another issue that maybe someone can help me with. Whenever I eat fish (it maybe other foods) shortly afterwards my vagina smells like fish.

I don’t recall always having this issue. It’s so embarrassing because I try to use panty liners and showers to camouflage the scent however nothing works. Currently, I have a female partner so I don’t think it’s brought on by sex.

I have mentioned this to several doctors in the past and they all acted as if I was crazy. Recently, I changed doctors and he knew exactly what I was referring to. He suggested that I try Mayfield Nurture Milk or take probotics. I take probotics daily, along with folic acid, and B-Complex; however I don’t think this is working.

Also what is TTO?

Thanks For Your Help!

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. Sometimes when I eat garlic the same thing happens. I don't know why that happens. I've heard many times that what you eat can affect the way you taste but I never hear to much about what you eat can affect the way you smell. I think things like fish, garlic, or anything strong will do that.
lori
QUOTE(AMERIA @ May 15 2008, 09:54 PM) *
Also what is TTO?

TTO = tea tree oil

I recommend Fem-dophilus. It's a probiotic designed for vaginal health. Different strains of probiotics do different things. A lot of us in here who have BV have tried tons of regular probiotics and have experienced no results. But Fem-D has made a difference for a lot of us, me included.
sciongal
Hi there, have you tried chlorophyll? You can get it at any health food store...
QUOTE(AMERIA @ May 15 2008, 09:54 PM) *
Hello All,

Also what is TTO?

Thanks For Your Help!

wanabfresh
QUOTE(sheunique @ Apr 22 2006, 03:03 PM) *
Neverending: BV (used to be termed Gardnerella) started for me when I was 24; a year after my son was born and I'm now 41...yes 17 years ago. Fortunately, a lot of women get it maybe once and it clears up and it doesn't recurr...then there's us. Doctors just don't know what to do....they have a few medicines at their disposal and maybe some good ideas on how to "maintain a healthy vaginal flora". We are left to research and find out what works for each of us, and what works for one woman, may not work for another. BV also makes your vagina more suseptible to vaginal tears durng sex and that's what I'm dealing with right now. We don't get BV from our partners. It may be caused by sexual intercourse....friction of the vaginal walls...introduction of semenal fluid into the vagina....products such as soaps, detergents, the spermicide on condoms....these things alter the vaginal PH....the list goes on. Sassy said she was a virgin when the BV started so for everyone the cause may be different. <BR>TO ALL: Have a great day!

size="7"][/size]hello 2 everyone an as u can c im a newbie an im glad 2 c that im not the only one dealing with this issue in my life.I have had bv off an on for over 5 years and i now how it can bring one down physically as well as mentally.Ive tried everything u can think of an it keeps coming back. I feel that ive took so many antibiotics that my body is immune to it an it just doesnt work for me anymore,an im just tired of this feeling. "WHY ME LORD"
The latest thing i tried was boric acid and it works pretty good but its not a guarantee solution besides who want to use these things for the rest of there life. A while ago i had ordered enzara and i didint like the feeling it gave me an that had 2 be 3 yrs ago. I did get a full refund also. But the latest thing i ordered was femanol and im not a pill fann i hate taking meds and ive only took 2 pills so far and after ordering it i found this site an later ran acroos the presentation on fem dohilus and bought a bottle yesterday and stop taking the femanol because of all the things in it. I feel that i dont need all of those things to restore my vaginal health all i need is the fem now. But I wish everyone good luck on this ugly disease and hope we find a cure soon. Because the last few years of my life has been miserable
wanabfresh
QUOTE(wanabfresh @ May 16 2008, 08:52 PM) *
size="7"][/size]hello 2 everyone an as u can c im a newbie an im glad 2 c that im not the only one dealing with this issue in my life.I have had bv off an on for over 5 years and i now how it can bring one down physically as well as mentally.Ive tried everything u can think of an it keeps coming back. I feel that ive took so many antibiotics that my body is immune to it an it just doesnt work for me anymore,an im just tired of this feeling. "WHY ME LORD"
The latest thing i tried was boric acid and it works pretty good but its not a guarantee solution besides who want to use these things for the rest of there life. A while ago i had ordered enzara and i didint like the feeling it gave me an that had 2 be 3 yrs ago. I did get a full refund also. But the latest thing i ordered was femanol and im not a pill fann i hate taking meds and ive only took 2 pills so far and after ordering it i found this site an later ran acroos the presentation on fem dohilus and bought a bottle yesterday and stop taking the femanol because of all the things in it. I feel that i dont need all of those things to restore my vaginal health all i need is the fem now. But I wish everyone good luck on this ugly disease and hope we find a cure soon. Because the last few years of my life has been miserable

AMERIA
QUOTE(sciongal @ May 16 2008, 07:44 PM) *
Hi there, have you tried chlorophyll? You can get it at any health food store...

Okay great. What exactly is chlorophyll? How do I use it?

Thanks
AMERIA
QUOTE(lori @ May 16 2008, 07:38 PM) *
TTO = tea tree oil

I recommend Fem-dophilus. It's a probiotic designed for vaginal health. Different strains of probiotics do different things. A lot of us in here who have BV have tried tons of regular probiotics and have experienced no results. But Fem-D has made a difference for a lot of us, me included.

Okay cool. How do I use TTO? Is there a certain place I need to purchase it from? Is there a certain brand. Sorry, for all the questions, but I am new and want to make sure I understand.

Thanks For Your Help wink.gif
sciongal
well, chlorophyll is what plants make naturally, but for humans it helps reduce digestive tract odors, sort of deoderizing from the inside out. You can order from Swanson Vitamins (just google their website and type in chlorophyll in the search box. I like Chlorofresh, it comes in softgel capsules and Swanson's sells it at a good price. I think it's a good idea to add probiotics, also. good luck!!!!
QUOTE(AMERIA @ May 16 2008, 07:03 PM) *
Okay great. What exactly is chlorophyll? How do I use it?

Thanks

anaisnin
sorry if this has been asked before but is fem-d more for prevention or would it be a nice addition to my tto suppositories for treatment
neverending
QUOTE(wanabfresh @ May 17 2008, 02:52 AM) *

No, you are not alone so don't feel bad. Say it with me "Things will get better". If you feel drained of energy try meditation, Yoga, or just have time out as I call it. It will help you relax and take the stress away. Remember, the last thing you need is STRESS. So RELAX! On another note, I was thinking earlier this week, I'm kinda glad I've gone through these hard times because before all of this I was always bubbly, nice, and caring about people and I was always being used by people. After this started I realized WHO my real friends ARE! Now that this is gone, I really hate to say it but I don't care for people like I used to. After all that I've been through without help/ support from anyone other than people here, I am all about myself because that's what matters most. People will kick you down, even your own family/friends but try to keep it together and make sure you take care of yourself because no one else will. I always put others before myself but now I take care of myself first. YOU MATTER MOST!
sooo sad
ladies....

do you think that our partners need to be treated as well? just curious... do you think that men can have bacterial vaginosis?

if anyone knows, please shed some light on it for me and for others as well!

thanks
sooo sad
anaisnin
thats a good question.. i wish i could say that a partner recontributed to my infection each time, but i don't have one sad.gif sad.gif..i think it's either my period making it come back or it never completely goes away, im not sure how that works
anaisnin
another update, just as i was getting into my tto routine/bought some fem-d..i got my period, gaah. back to the drawing board. also when i went to whole foods looking for fem-d there was a rude demonstrator lady there who was trying to talk me out of getting it, like dophilus pills made just for the vag was a gimmick.
AMERIA
QUOTE(sciongal @ May 16 2008, 10:14 PM) *
well, chlorophyll is what plants make naturally, but for humans it helps reduce digestive tract odors, sort of deoderizing from the inside out. You can order from Swanson Vitamins (just google their website and type in chlorophyll in the search box. I like Chlorofresh, it comes in softgel capsules and Swanson's sells it at a good price. I think it's a good idea to add probiotics, also. good luck!!!!

WOW, okay. Thanks for the information!
QUEEN_ELIZABETH
HELLO- I HAVE HAD A FOUL VAGINAL ODOR FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND A FEW YEARS BACK ON AND OFF- ITS DISGUSTING AND EMBARRASSING AND I HAVE STAINS IN MY PANTIES THAT WONT GO AWAY NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE TO KEEP BUYING CHEAP PANTIES SINCE THEY WONT LAST LONG. I HAVE BEEN TO THE DR 4 TIMES AND TRIED FLAGYL IN ORAL FORM TWICE AND ALSO DID THE SYRINGE TYPE MEDS A FEW TIMES AS WELL- THIS HAS ONLY STARTED TO HAPPEN TO ME SINCE I HAD STARTED DATING MY HUSBAND. I HONESTLY THINK MEN SHOULD GET THIS CHECKED SINCE I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE HIM. WE ARE BOTH VERY CLEAN PEOPLE AND ALL BUT SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT. I DONT WANT TO HAVE SEX ANYMORE SINCE THE SMELL IS GROSS AND ORAL IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR ME. WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU THINK WOULD WORK THE BEST - AND QUICKLY- AS I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I KEEP GETTING DIAGNOSED WITH A MILD CASE OF BACTERIAL VAG- BUT NOTHING IS WORKING
I KNOW THEY SAY NOT TO DOUCHE BUT ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS AND ITS ONLY FOR THE DAY AND JUST DULLS THE SMELL - DOESNT GET RID OF IT . I TRY FEM SPRAYS AND WASHES AND NOTHING WORKS- HELP! ITS RUINING MY LIFE AND MY MARRIAGE- I AM NEW SO SORRY IF I POSTED THIS INCORRECTLY sad.gif
SORRY FOR CAPS- tongue.gif
EmbarrassingOdorNotBV
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. I have an extremely foul odor coming from me and I have no idea what it is. I don't have BV nor do I have any diseases. I have had 3 pap smears in the last year and the doctors (yes plural) say that I am fine. I have been going through this for a little over a year. I tried going back to the beginning, but that is A LOT of reading. Has boric acid, chlorophyll, or HP worked for anyone without BV?
neverending
QUOTE(EmbarrassingOdorNotBV @ May 19 2008, 03:57 AM) *
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. I have an extremely foul odor coming from me and I have no idea what it is. I don't have BV nor do I have any diseases. I have had 3 pap smears in the last year and the doctors (yes plural) say that I am fine. I have been going through this for a little over a year. I tried going back to the beginning, but that is A LOT of reading. Has boric acid, chlorophyll, or HP worked for anyone without BV?

Uhm, is it coming from down below or is it a overall odor. If it's an overall odor, you may have tmau. Try the chlorophyll. That might help.Oh, and welcome to the board!
Kpasa
drink more water everyone! pineapple juice too
EmbarrassingOdorNotBV
I drink a lot of water, but it doesn't really help. I'll try the pineapple juice. thnx smile.gif
EmbarrassingOdorNotBV
Hi NEVERENDING,

Yes it is coming from down below. What is TMAU?
Kpasa
OH, and Hi!
I suspected i had a problem going on when i had a foul oder coming from my vag after an antibiotic called cefromil avil 500 or someshit, and a round of hearty naughty time. It started off as what i believed to be a yeast infection then turned into ASS smell coming out of my vag (just a kinda rotting smell) then the fish smell after sex, as well as the bubbles and panty smell that i read about here, lead me to believe i had the BV.
SO, upon the wonderful advice (and getting to page 66 today from 196 starting weeks ago) i decided to pipe up and thank y'all. I got the yeast arrest!!! I tried once every night for two nights, then couldn't hold off being naughty much longer. Afterwards at work an afternoon later I got a slight wiff, then came home and did a hydrogen peroxide DOUCHE (lol) with an actual douche bottle and nozzle and all that shit in teh shower. I poured in a SHIT load and a lot of it came back out, but I held in most for about 3 minutes (holding mah bodeh up by my legs on the edge of the bathtub...hilarious and painful). After that (and about 3 weeks later) no smell at all! Sexy time back to normal! Keeping the yeast arrest for other problems.

I also noticed a lot of you are talking about a "cure" for BV, but I tend to look at it as an overgrowth of naturally occurring bodily flora. For example, you got yeast in yo vag and you goan keep it there, but when it acts up you get an 'infection' but its just too much of the shit you already got....nothing's invading you and taking over....it's just inviting too many friends to the party. so you just calm things down with a monistat or whatever....you don't 'cure' it, but set it back on the right track and go on 'bout yo bidness. So yeah BV to me doesn't get 'cured' it gets managed by preventing an overgrowth and strengthening the shit that keeps that growth in check.

Also, it doesn't seem (from the endless pages i have read and yet to read) that your lover specifically 'infects' you, but that what they add to your vag environment can alter YOUR OWN ph which then allows for the BV (who was jammin over in the corner anyway since the L lactobactilis whatever is naturally found in the vag) to invite all their friends to the party (OVERCROWDING!!! we're out of jello shots!). Not that they had it, but that they needa drink more water so their love juice doesn't fuck with your love juice and have a BV gang fight. AMIRITE FOLKS!!!

thank you lovely ladies for all your support and vital information. I would have never known about the Yeast Arrest, and probably had to wait days for an appointment at the clinic only to be given an antibiotic that would have probably set me on the path of chronic BV. INSTEAD i came here, and found all the answers i needed to get my vag back healthy. YOU SAAAVED MY VAG! lol. i feel like there were a bunch of girls in my high school with this problem that could have easily fixed it if they'd have known about these remedies/whatevers. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! lets start a facebook group "Make My Vag Smell Like It Used To" lol. laugh.gif
damselindistress
QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 18 2008, 11:52 PM) *
OH, and Hi!
I suspected i had a problem going on when i had a foul oder coming from my vag after an antibiotic called cefromil avil 500 or someshit, and a round of hearty naughty time. It started off as what i believed to be a yeast infection then turned into ASS smell coming out of my vag (just a kinda rotting smell) then the fish smell after sex, as well as the bubbles and panty smell that i read about here, lead me to believe i had the BV.
SO, upon the wonderful advice (and getting to page 66 today from 196 starting weeks ago) i decided to pipe up and thank y'all. I got the yeast arrest!!! I tried once every night for two nights, then couldn't hold off being naughty much longer. Afterwards at work an afternoon later I got a slight wiff, then came home and did a hydrogen peroxide DOUCHE (lol) with an actual douche bottle and nozzle and all that shit in teh shower. I poured in a SHIT load and a lot of it came back out, but I held in most for about 3 minutes (holding mah bodeh up by my legs on the edge of the bathtub...hilarious and painful). After that (and about 3 weeks later) no smell at all! Sexy time back to normal! Keeping the yeast arrest for other problems.

I also noticed a lot of you are talking about a "cure" for BV, but I tend to look at it as an overgrowth of naturally occurring bodily flora. For example, you got yeast in yo vag and you goan keep it there, but when it acts up you get an 'infection' but its just too much of the shit you already got....nothing's invading you and taking over....it's just inviting too many friends to the party. so you just calm things down with a monistat or whatever....you don't 'cure' it, but set it back on the right track and go on 'bout yo bidness. So yeah BV to me doesn't get 'cured' it gets managed by preventing an overgrowth and strengthening the shit that keeps that growth in check.

Also, it doesn't seem (from the endless pages i have read and yet to read) that your lover specifically 'infects' you, but that what they add to your vag environment can alter YOUR OWN ph which then allows for the BV (who was jammin over in the corner anyway since the L lactobactilis whatever is naturally found in the vag) to invite all their friends to the party (OVERCROWDING!!! we're out of jello shots!). Not that they had it, but that they needa drink more water so their love juice doesn't fuck with your love juice and have a BV gang fight. AMIRITE FOLKS!!!

thank you lovely ladies for all your support and vital information. I would have never known about the Yeast Arrest, and probably had to wait days for an appointment at the clinic only to be given an antibiotic that would have probably set me on the path of chronic BV. INSTEAD i came here, and found all the answers i needed to get my vag back healthy. YOU SAAAVED MY VAG! lol. i feel like there were a bunch of girls in my high school with this problem that could have easily fixed it if they'd have known about these remedies/whatevers. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! lets start a facebook group "Make My Vag Smell Like It Used To" lol. laugh.gif

Hey, there. You're funny. Thanks for the laugh on a tough Monday morning.
neverending
QUOTE(EmbarrassingOdorNotBV @ May 19 2008, 04:45 AM) *
Hi NEVERENDING,

Yes it is coming from down below. What is TMAU?

Tmau Is:

Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome, is a rare metabolic disorder.
Also, how do you know you do not have BV. Have you been to the doctor? Getting diagnosed is very important. If you are scared, take a trusted friend/boyfriend/huband with you for support. This is not something to be ashamed of, it's just a imbalance of the vagina ecosystem. It's not like you have a std and even if you did, we are human beings and shit happens. If you haven't already been to the doctor, please do that first, then self treat it.
neverending
QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 19 2008, 04:52 AM) *
OH, and Hi!

Thanks, I think everybody here has done a wonderful job here. I think this board is one of the best on the net for women looking for info/support. Also, you should be proud of yourself. You have done what most people won't, which is research for yourself. Then make informed decisions as to what is best for you. Most people take the doctors word for it and that's it. So, with that being said, pat yourself on the back.

LADIES: THE HUSBAND AND I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE SO I WON'T BE HERE AS MUCH UNTIL THE END OF JUNE OR MIDDLE JULY. WE REALLY NEED TO RESEARCH AND CHECK OUT AS MANY PLACES AS WE CAN BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DECISION. I WILL CHECK IN AS OFTEN AS I CAN. TAKE CARE LADIES!
sooo sad
QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2008, 11:50 AM) *
Thanks, I think everybody here has done a wonderful job here. I think this board is one of the best on the net for women looking for info/support. Also, you should be proud of yourself. You have done what most people won't, which is research for yourself. Then make informed decisions as to what is best for you. Most people take the doctors word for it and that's it. So, with that being said, pat yourself on the back.

LADIES: THE HUSBAND AND I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE SO I WON'T BE HERE AS MUCH UNTIL THE END OF JUNE OR MIDDLE JULY. WE REALLY NEED TO RESEARCH AND CHECK OUT AS MANY PLACES AS WE CAN BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DECISION. I WILL CHECK IN AS OFTEN AS I CAN. TAKE CARE LADIES!

hi neverending,

good luck with everything and i hope you're not gone too long, we'll miss ya too much!

sooo sad
sooo sad
QUOTE(QUEEN_ELIZABETH @ May 18 2008, 10:44 AM) *
HELLO- I HAVE HAD A FOUL VAGINAL ODOR FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND A FEW YEARS BACK ON AND OFF- ITS DISGUSTING AND EMBARRASSING AND I HAVE STAINS IN MY PANTIES THAT WONT GO AWAY NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE TO KEEP BUYING CHEAP PANTIES SINCE THEY WONT LAST LONG. I HAVE BEEN TO THE DR 4 TIMES AND TRIED FLAGYL IN ORAL FORM TWICE AND ALSO DID THE SYRINGE TYPE MEDS A FEW TIMES AS WELL- THIS HAS ONLY STARTED TO HAPPEN TO ME SINCE I HAD STARTED DATING MY HUSBAND. I HONESTLY THINK MEN SHOULD GET THIS CHECKED SINCE I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE HIM. WE ARE BOTH VERY CLEAN PEOPLE AND ALL BUT SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT. I DONT WANT TO HAVE SEX ANYMORE SINCE THE SMELL IS GROSS AND ORAL IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR ME. WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU THINK WOULD WORK THE BEST - AND QUICKLY- AS I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I KEEP GETTING DIAGNOSED WITH A MILD CASE OF BACTERIAL VAG- BUT NOTHING IS WORKING
I KNOW THEY SAY NOT TO DOUCHE BUT ITS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS AND ITS ONLY FOR THE DAY AND JUST DULLS THE SMELL - DOESNT GET RID OF IT . I TRY FEM SPRAYS AND WASHES AND NOTHING WORKS- HELP! ITS RUINING MY LIFE AND MY MARRIAGE- I AM NEW SO SORRY IF I POSTED THIS INCORRECTLY sad.gif
SORRY FOR CAPS- tongue.gif

hi queen elizabeth!

you should try femdophilus by jarrows. it is a probiotic designed especially for the vagina. alot of the ladies here are on it and has good results....

sooo sad
sciongal
Hi neverending...best of luck to you and your family.....don't get too stressed out and you'll be missed!! come back soooooooon........
QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2008, 08:50 AM) *

lori
QUOTE(Kpasa @ May 18 2008, 08:52 PM) *
I also noticed a lot of you are talking about a "cure" for BV, but I tend to look at it as an overgrowth of naturally occurring bodily flora. For example, you got yeast in yo vag and you goan keep it there, but when it acts up you get an 'infection' but its just too much of the shit you already got....nothing's invading you and taking over....it's just inviting too many friends to the party. so you just calm things down with a monistat or whatever....you don't 'cure' it, but set it back on the right track and go on 'bout yo bidness.

I think this is a really good point. It's easy to think of BV as an infection, but it's technically not. And you think you just need to wipe it out, but it's really about getting back the balance. This is why antibiotics or antiseptics really only work for a short period of time, for so many ladies.
damselindistress
QUOTE(lori @ May 20 2008, 05:26 AM) *
I think this is a really good point. It's easy to think of BV as an infection, but it's technically not. And you think you just need to wipe it out, but it's really about getting back the balance. This is why antibiotics or antiseptics really only work for a short period of time, for so many ladies.

Hi, Busties. I used Clindesse last Monday, this Monday the infection is back. It seems like now that I've been TRYING to get rid of it, it's getting worse. I originally found out I had it at the doctor's office after a yearly exam, the symptoms were mild. Now, it's worse. I've tried the Flagyl along with double doses of Femdophilus, Clindesse twice, still taking the two Femdophilus but it just keeps coming back. I know TTO is an antiseptic, but I'm desperate to try just about anything. I tried a TTO suppository for the first time last night and no burning or mess or anything, so that's good....but I have a question. Those of you who have used TTO when you had an infection, did you use it for six days like the package says?? Hurry and reply 'cuz I need to know if I should use it again tonight!
The first time this happened, I had that fishy smell after sex. I was "in love" with an ex-stripper turned IT professional, imagine that. Turns out he's slept with half the town, and half of THEM when we were together. What was I thinking? I guess a leopard doesn't change their spots, but he had the best ass and abs I'd ever seen, shoo-wee. When it first happened, we'd been together two years and he blamed me, of course. I went to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. That was 13 years ago and I was never diagnosed with BV until now. I guess that means it CAN go away on its own without treatment, I dunno.
sooo sad
QUOTE(damselindistress @ May 20 2008, 09:03 AM) *
Hi, Busties. I used Clindesse last Monday, this Monday the infection is back. It seems like now that I've been TRYING to get rid of it, it's getting worse. I originally found out I had it at the doctor's office after a yearly exam, the symptoms were mild. Now, it's worse. I've tried the Flagyl along with double doses of Femdophilus, Clindesse twice, still taking the two Femdophilus but it just keeps coming back. I know TTO is an antiseptic, but I'm desperate to try just about anything. I tried a TTO suppository for the first time last night and no burning or mess or anything, so that's good....but I have a question. Those of you who have used TTO when you had an infection, did you use it for six days like the package says?? Hurry and reply 'cuz I need to know if I should use it again tonight!
The first time this happened, I had that fishy smell after sex. I was "in love" with an ex-stripper turned IT professional, imagine that. Turns out he's slept with half the town, and half of THEM when we were together. What was I thinking? I guess a leopard doesn't change their spots, but he had the best ass and abs I'd ever seen, shoo-wee. When it first happened, we'd been together two years and he blamed me, of course. I went to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. That was 13 years ago and I was never diagnosed with BV until now. I guess that means it CAN go away on its own without treatment, I dunno.

HI DAMSELINDISTRESS

i feel ya...i've had bv since june/july of 2007 and it seems like i can't get rid of it either. i tried flagyl and femd and finished on 04/25 and the bv was gone but i always have a discharge. then i went to the dr recently and the bv is back. is clindesse a one dose thing? i've done some research and some doctors don't like to use one dose treatments cause it's not as effective as 5-7 day treatments and doctors prefer metrogel (vaginal flagyl) over any other creams. i'm trying that next for 7 days + the femd and i'm probably gonna do maintenance with tto or boric acid...not sure which one yet. my period is coming soon so i have to wait to do the treatment. and also, my opinion, i think tto capsules undiluted is better than the tto suppositories cause it's 100% and nothing is added to it. i don't know how you should use the tto hun...in one blog i read, she used it for 2 days then waited 1 week before having sex and would use it every time after sex. i don't know how i'm gonna do the tto too...

i hope all of us can bet this damn bv from hell!!!!

sooo sad
damselindistress
QUOTE(sooo sad @ May 20 2008, 12:01 PM) *
HI DAMSELINDISTRESS

i feel ya...i've had bv since june/july of 2007 and it seems like i can't get rid of it either. i tried flagyl and femd and finished on 04/25 and the bv was gone but i always have a discharge. then i went to the dr recently and the bv is back. is clindesse a one dose thing? i've done some research and some doctors don't like to use one dose treatments cause it's not as effective as 5-7 day treatments and doctors prefer metrogel (vaginal flagyl) over any other creams. i'm trying that next for 7 days + the femd and i'm probably gonna do maintenance with tto or boric acid...not sure which one yet. my period is coming soon so i have to wait to do the treatment. and also, my opinion, i think tto capsules undiluted is better than the tto suppositories cause it's 100% and nothing is added to it. i don't know how you should use the tto hun...in one blog i read, she used it for 2 days then waited 1 week before having sex and would use it every time after sex. i don't know how i'm gonna do the tto too...

i hope all of us can bet this damn bv from hell!!!!

sooo sad

Ugh, I'm lurking today, anxious for answers, as usual. I'm so confused. The dr's office says my vaginal culture was negative again, but last Monday and today I have all the symptoms of BV, when she looked under the microscope, I had BV and they found strep in my urine. How can the culture say negative? I almost wish it would be positive for SOMETHING, b/c then I could FIX it. Clindesse is a one-dose treatment. Even with insurance, my co-pay was $35 dollars and I've used it three times in the last few months. I gave it another chance, but no more - the BV came right back like before. It reminded me of the Rephresh I tried. It was a white cream and after a day or so I had that toilet-paper like stuff in me like everyone talks about with Rephresh. The five day treatment of Flagyl applied vaginally kept the BV away for 3 weeks, then BAM - it came back. I don't think you're supposed to use the tea tree oil undiluted. Everything I've read says a 40% solution or you could burn your skin and cause irritation. One time I had a pimple on my backside, yeah I know, yuck, but I put straight tea tree oil on a bandaid (cause it helps with infections on the skin) and left the bandaid on overnight. When I woke up the next morning, it had burned my skin pretty badly. I still have the scar so I'm scared of what it might do to your suzy full-force. Good luck and let me know of any failures/success, k? Chin up, little soldier, at least it's not cancer or something, right?
ihatethishit21
QUOTE(neverending @ May 19 2008, 07:50 AM) *

HELLO LADIES! I NEW HERE AND I WAS READING THE LADY POST ABOVE ME SHE USED PROXIDE? WHAT'S THAT ABOUT AND DOES IT WORK unsure.gif
lupe
I had asked this a couple days ago, but didn't get a response. Does the tea tree oil sting/burn your male partner? Do you use the TTO every night or what. Can someone tell me their regimen please. Also which is better for bv, tto or boric acid? This is great information, but it's information overload...
reagan
Hello ladies. I am suffering with bv since my youngest son was born 8 years ago. I have been misdiagnosed on many ocassions. The smell is so bad during sex, my husband hates having sex with me. We only have it when he gets drunk so about three or four times a year. Then he can't keep it up. He hates talking about it and when we argue he tells me in a very crude way that I stink. What are the short term fixes with the smell and long term cure?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.