Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(missjanuary @ Oct 18 2008, 06:21 PM) *
what is TTO?

TTO = Tea Tree Oil
missjanuary
QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Oct 18 2008, 06:42 PM) *
TTO = Tea Tree Oil

so what are you doing specifically to help banish your problem?
roquelaure

i'm guessing tea tree oil:

http://herbalmusings.com/tea_tree_oil.htm

i luuuurrrrve tea tree oil. i've been apprehensive to try it for my BV, because i'm not gonna lie- it stings like the dickins. i've used it to treat yeast infections when i've felt them coming on, and it combo with yogurt and acidophilus usually stops them in their tracks. when i feel one of those huge cyst-like "under the skin" zits coming on, i start dabbing on tto and they never fully develop.
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(missjanuary @ Oct 18 2008, 06:51 PM) *
so what are you doing specifically to help banish your problem?

I never really had Bacterial Vaginosis, although I thought I did until I went to my Gynecologist and she said I had 2 or 3 different species of non-albican yeast. My gynecologist also wrote, The V Book, you should definitely read it or borrow it from a library sometime. It's a really informative book that gives great advice on gynecological problems. What she prescribed me was Boric Acid for 14 days which eventually killed the infection. The type of yeast infection I had was so similar to Bacterial Vaginosis. It had an odor, not fishy but really strong and briny. And it had a normal looking discharge, at times it looked clear and then at other times it was white-ish. The only homeopathic treatment that worked for me was taking a daily round of Acidophilus that my General Practitioner recommended to me, taking the Acidophilus really helped, I noticed results within a few days. It had 3 billion live cultures and didn't need to be refrigerated because it was in a pearl form. Other than that I take Vitamin A, Vitamin C and a daily multivitamin to keep away any reoccurring infections.

Since then I only had one reoccurring infection and it went away on it's own after I took 5 rounds of garlic and cranberry caplets.

Did you find anything that has worked for you?
bizzy
Has anyone tried the product Candaclear? It is an acidophilus suppository many use for bacterial vaginosis and also yeast infections. A lot of people online liked it so I tried it. It burned and irritated me so bad that four days later I tried sitting in a tub of water with baking soda and then the heavy discharge began. A week later and I am still burning. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar reaction and what made it better. I have tried almost everything for my reoccuring bacterial infections. I had a complete culture done before the candaclear and it showed nothing. I was hoping that this product would help with my lingering irritation, but it made it worse. Just curious.
mfc10
QUOTE(bizzy @ Oct 19 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Has anyone tried the product Candaclear? It is an acidophilus suppository many use for bacterial vaginosis and also yeast infections. A lot of people online liked it so I tried it. It burned and irritated me so bad .... I was hoping that this product would help with my lingering irritation, but it made it worse. Just curious.

Yes! It did the same to me! Two years ago, I tried it for a mixed BV/yeast infection & it sure didn't help! I had purchased several boxes & threw them all out. $ down the drain...
mad.gif
Maggie C.
roquelaure

i'm so afraid that now that i've had one, i'm going to be stuck in the anything's-gonna-set-another one-off loop like i have been with yeast for the past decade.

um. that's all. no questions or comments. just sittin' here pontificating my vag...
sciongal
QUOTE(mfc10 @ Oct 19 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Yes! It did the same to me! Two years ago, I tried it for a mixed BV/yeast infection & it sure didn't help! I had purchased several boxes & threw them all out. $ down the drain...
mad.gif
Maggie C.

It made things worse for me...
Morphia
Hey, ladies. LOOOOOOOOONG time no talk. I have a really big problem here. I was never keen ]on the idea of using hydrogen peroxide in that area until my obgyn/oncologist told me to. So thats what I did. I did it twice and it did seem to be getting rid of the bv (less discharge/no smell) but now the insides of the lips "down thur" itch so bad. And they burn and are sore. It feels like I have a yeast infection but there is no sign of any yeasty discharge or anything. Just my usual BV discharge. I was hoping that maybe it was just irritation from using the HP but the last time I used it was sunday morning and the problem doesn't seem to be getting any better. On top of this itchy/burny/sore problem my bv seems to be coming back with a vengeance.

Did anyone else have an experience like this from using HP? Is this a common occurrence? What the hell could be going on?

I do have an appointment with my doc's nurse practitioner later today but I'm afraid she's not going to see anything under the microscope, which is a common occurrence with me. I have all of the symptoms but rarely do any yeast or clue cells show up. Anyway, sorry this was so long. I hope everyone is doing well!
roquelaure
i've never used peroxide, but it sounds like you might have started to kill everything off, didn't quite get it all, and it came back stronger than before. that always happens to me with freaking yeast, i'd think BV would be similar. good luck at the appointment- let me know what she said, now i'm super curious about h2o2!

at my lunch break i'm going to break down and call my OB/GYN and see if i can get in to see someone. i had thought mine was going away, but now i have this bloated/pressure-y feeling along with all the other symptoms, and i'm starting to get concerned. i'm COMPLETELY embarrassed though because when this started to come back last week, i was in the middle of the ol' semi-monthly body hair maintenance. i usually go bare down yonder, but i'm a wuss so i have to wax it over a few days, not all at once. when my symptoms started coming back, i stopped. so now it looks like i have mange or something. blink.gif
LovelyLadyLuck
Morphia i also used the HP. i am not sure how you did yours, but for mine i used a small needleless syringe. i mixed about 1/4 c of hp with abt 1/8 cup of water, and used the syringe to douche, very slowly, until i had used almost all of the solution. then i would use the rest to disinfect the syringe. it worked very well. no itching or burning, so if you didnt use a syringe you might want to try that so you can bypass the outer part of your vag altogether. anyways after that i would take one fem d orally and insert one vaginally. my period came down and i continued to use the exact same method, because my Bv is absolutely disgusting during my cycle, and even tho it was a bit gross having gobs of brown foam dropping out of me, my coochie didnt smell during my period. i did all this for abt a week and a half, but ive been taking the fem d longer then that.this was my first full cycle of fem d. i have been out of it for two days, and there is still no smell. im a bit feaked out by it because i just cant believe i am curing myself! i have had BV off and on(mostly on) since i was 15, and im 22 so its not like this was my first occurence. the hp def helped kill off the bad bv bact although i ran out of that as well so i havent been able to continue my little method. but the probiotics were just as, if not more important. like flagyl the HP will kill the bad bact. as well as the good, so if you are not using probiotics your Bv wont go away completely, and i suppose its possible that you could get a yeast infection as well...
roquelaure
finally went to the gyn today- a MALE doctor, which i have always refused to see on principle, but i was almost in tears this morning from Itchy & Burny that i would have gone to a trained monkey if he would give me something to make it stop. the only doc at my practice on duty today was a guy, so i sucked it up and went. i must say, i was very impressed. he was actually more polite, "gentle", and most importantly INFORMATIVE than any woman that i've ever seen. he actually took me into his office and sat me down and explained everything in detail- the chicks were just like "you have BV, here's an rx put your pants on". i've come to the conclusion that guys in the "biz" must know they have a hell of a lot to prove, so they make sure they do their jobs well. well, at least THIS guy did.

anyway- he's suspecting yeast is the culprit this time caused by the metrogel, and that i had some bleeding the other day from general irritation. but he also thinks i still have stubborn remnants of BV. i asked him if i was going to be on this loop forever now- get the BV, the cure gives me yeast, the cure for the yeast gives me BV, and so on and so on. he said not if he could help it, haha- so he gave me an rx for diflucan plus a refill, as well as more metrogel. the idea is to take the diflucan, give it a day or two to get into my system and start destroying the yeast, then start the metro again, and when i'm almost done with it take the other diflucan. i also asked him whether or not the BV was std related, since everything i read says it is, and he said that that is an older idea, and these days most doctors agree that it is no more an std than a yeast infection could be considered one: sure it can be passed via intercourse, but so can yeast, and no one considers that an std.

i'm debating whether or not to use the metrogel, just because it was so damn gross, andto me my symptoms are like, 80% yeasty and 20% bv. i think i'm going to see what happens after the first diflucan and take it from there. if i do decide to though, i still have over half the first tube, but don't have any applicators left. does anyone know where i can buy JUST the apps? i'm clueless. i've tried to use empty tampon apps when the same things has happened with yeast stuff before, but i always end up with more leaking out of the wrong end than the right one.
arj75
Hello everyone..it's been awhile since I've posted. I was on a long strech of being BV free! I made the mistake of getting some artifical nails put on and I ended up with a horrible staff infection in my thumb. ( The pus appeared the next day after I had them done) Dirty tools? Who knows. My doctor feared it was MRSA and threw like 5 different antibiotics at me while awaiting the lab results. Luckily, for me it was just a bad staff infection. After all of that bull, I ended up with a yeast infection which I have been fighting since August. Anyways, to make a long story short, both BV and yeast are back. I found this article..its sounds just like Atrophic Vaginitis??, but I didn't see anything where it said the two were the same thing..
Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis

It is not a STI, nor associated with cancer, diet, or other medical conditions. It is not known what the cause is., but thought of some infection, or an autoimmune, inflammatory problem, A lack of estrogen may help trigger the problem...

Symtoms: Heavy vaginal discharge (usually yellow), with little or no odor, painful intercourse, and vulvar irritation and itching.

Exam: collect samples of discharge to rule out other infections, under the mircoscope many white blood cells are seen, and lack of lactobacilli, high ph, opening of vagina is red and inflammed.

Treatment of DIV: antibiotics (says clindamycin becasue it has anti-inflammatory componets) but not sure about the stuff..or what they will start treating this with because it's getting pulled?? If it recurs hydrocortisone cream every night for 4 weeks..estrogen is added if no improvement is made.

The article was posted 05/08

http://www.drexelmed.edu/FindaPhysician/Me...tetricsGynecolo
cocktail73
QUOTE(CanCan @ Apr 2 2008, 06:57 PM) *
Oh that is so weird, I have been reading about Vitamin D deficiency for the past month!! I am SO sure it is a factor - that I went away on a trip a couple weeks ago to Mexico to get sunshine.

Vitamin D deficiency is a factor for me, if you don't have enough of it, you can't absorb calcium properly. My nails have been breaking to a ridiculous degree over the past few months, I mean really breaking, like falling right off my skin. And a friend of mine told me that I'm probably not getting enough minerals. Ya right. I am taking my calcium supplements. So I thought there must be another factor. Reading about calcium scientists and doctors say that you need vitamin D to absorb it. And reading about vitamin D you realize that a lot of people are deficient during the winter months when there isn't much sunshine out, and anyone like me that spends a lot of time indoors wouldn't be getting much anyway. Even during the summertime, I don't get that much because I never tan. And I use sunblock religiously.

Your body produces vitamin D when exposed to sunshine (without sunblock on), by eating vitamin d rich foods, or by taking a vitamin d supplement. I started taking Vitamin D3 pills couple weeks ago. And I am also taking Cod Liver Oil capsules every day, now that I read that it is rich in both vitamins D and A. (You can also get vitamin d by using a vitamin D therapy lamp for 5 minutes everyday. But I am not about to run out and buy one, because summer is around the corner.) The problem with taking vitamin d as a vitamin suppliment is that some people with digestive issues may not digest it and absorb it anyway. Which may be my issue, we will see if my nails improve or not. For people that can't digest it, sunshine is the best way to get it.

So my nails were the first indicator that I was V-D deficient, I happened to pick up a book at my friend's place, and vitamin book, and flip it to the page that said vit-d, and it said right there in black and white that vitamin d helps fight infections! I had no idea. I have something written down about this, I will look for it now, and then post.

neverending
QUOTE(arj75 @ Oct 22 2008, 11:23 PM) *
Hello everyone..it's been awhile since I've posted. I was on a long strech of being BV free! I made the mistake of getting some artifical nails put on and I ended up with a horrible staff infection in my thumb. ( The pus appeared the next day after I had them done) Dirty tools? Who knows. My doctor feared it was MRSA and threw like 5 different antibiotics at me while awaiting the lab results. Luckily, for me it was just a bad staff infection. After all of that bull, I ended up with a yeast infection which I have been fighting since August. Anyways, to make a long story short, both BV and yeast are back. I found this article..its sounds just like Atrophic Vaginitis??, but I didn't see anything where it said the two were the same thing..
Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis

It is not a STI, nor associated with cancer, diet, or other medical conditions. It is not known what the cause is., but thought of some infection, or an autoimmune, inflammatory problem, A lack of estrogen may help trigger the problem...

Symtoms: Heavy vaginal discharge (usually yellow), with little or no odor, painful intercourse, and vulvar irritation and itching.

Exam: collect samples of discharge to rule out other infections, under the mircoscope many white blood cells are seen, and lack of lactobacilli, high ph, opening of vagina is red and inflammed.

Treatment of DIV: antibiotics (says clindamycin becasue it has anti-inflammatory componets) but not sure about the stuff..or what they will start treating this with because it's getting pulled?? If it recurs hydrocortisone cream every night for 4 weeks..estrogen is added if no improvement is made.

The article was posted 05/08

http://www.drexelmed.edu/FindaPhysician/Me...tetricsGynecolo

See, this is why I don't get my nails done anymore. I know they don't clean their tools properly. If you already have a bacterial problem, you don't need to have more bacteria introduced to your system. Sorry to hear that Arj75 BUT WELCOME BACK HONEY. Where have you been? Just taking a break?
horror_movie
dry.gif WHERE IS EVERYONE??? DID EVERYBODY FOUND A CURE BUT ME!!! HELLLLOOOOOO
roquelaure

i'm still waiting for my test results from last week. i feel better after the first diflucan though, so even if i do have BV again, i think i'll just wait it out- my yeast is always so much more horrible.
jewelscando
QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Oct 18 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Here is an additional reliable source that I have found regarding Pau d'arco and it's benefits.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69325.cfm

HELLO LADIES!!!!

TTO worked for me!!!! It's been a life saver for me!

Also, I was at Whole Foods the other day, and they have TTO suppositories!!! So, you dont have to make them yourself!!! I bought a box, just to have in case of an emergency!!

But, just wanted to stop in real quick and tell you that yes, TTO works.. but as with everything, what works for me, may not work for you!!

Bye for now!

persimmon_grrrl
acronyms...what does TTO stand for?
roquelaure

yummy yummy Tea Tree Oil smile.gif

i have a bottle of TTO soap that i found in the foot care section of walmart- it's called the oh-so-appetizing "fungi-soap", but it is the same thing as the expensive antibacterial and oil controlling face soap sold in fancy schmancy places. um... i don't remember where i was going with that... but it smells good lol.

got the call from the dr's today, and no BV- yaaaaaaayyyyy!!! [i'm waving my arms around all kermit the frog-like as i "yay"]. just stupid yeast, which the diflucan has thus far defeated. i feel like i'm finally getting a leg up on things and reaching a karmic cootchie balance down there. oooohhhhmmmmm....
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(persimmon_grrrl @ Oct 27 2008, 10:44 PM) *
acronyms...what does TTO stand for?

TTO = Tea Tree Oil
missjanuary
There's so many conflicting ''solutions'' for bv it gets frustrating and discouraging. I think that you just have to find something that works for you and not think that whatever works for someone else should work for you too!
horror_movie
I was traveling today on the train and people was over reacting towards me turning their head, rubbing their nose constanly and the huff & puff. I was thinking to myself dang i smell that bad. Im tired of this bv,trich,gardnell whatever it is and i know my doctor is getting tired of me i don't want her to think im hook on meds because i visit her almost every week. I start work next friday so hopefully it calm down by then. I might try the TTO bcuz femdo doesn't really work for me. Until then back to the doctor for me sad.gif
neverending
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 29 2008, 06:51 PM) *
I was traveling today on the train and people was over reacting towards me turning their head, rubbing their nose constanly and the huff & puff. I was thinking to myself dang i smell that bad. Im tired of this bv,trich,gardnell whatever it is and i know my doctor is getting tired of me i don't want her to think im hook on meds because i visit her almost every week. I start work next friday so hopefully it calm down by then. I might try the TTO bcuz femdo doesn't really work for me. Until then back to the doctor for me sad.gif

Oh, I forgot to tell you. If you have a big enough purse; buy wet wipes and keep them with you so you can freshen up when you need to. Also, keep an extra pair of panties in there also. So midway through the day you can change undies and wipe down with a wet wipe.
Good luck hun wink.gif
damselindistress
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 29 2008, 01:51 PM) *

Hey, Horror, have you tried inserting the FemD capsule vaginally? I have been using one a day, vaginally, and it seems to be keeping the problems away. I admit, sometimes it is a little bit messy, so wear a liner, maybe, or do it at night. Taking them orally wasn't working for me either, but this does....at least so far, it's been 3 weeks problem-free.
Sweaty in Social Studies
Has douching helped anybody before? Because I've always heard that douching is really bad and then some say it's really good.
horror_movie
Im try to use femdo vaginal but only at night bcuz it makes me discharge and that draws off the odor.
im going use it for a lil while until i get estrogen cream or pills. i want a cure not something i have to buy every
month it feel like another bill. thank you for your advice because femdo do not work for me taking it orally and now i know
im not the only you feeling that way.
horror_movie
QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Oct 30 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Has douching helped anybody before? Because I've always heard that douching is really bad and then some say it's really good.

I douch before my situation and i think it help the bv the way it is now. If you have bv NOW i do
not think you should douch it will only push the bad bacteria futher up. You probably won't smell
anything for about an hour and then it will come back down. The odor will be 2x times smelly.
neverending
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 30 2008, 08:11 PM) *
I douch before my situation and i think it help the bv the way it is now. If you have bv NOW i do
not think you should douch it will only push the bad bacteria futher up. You probably won't smell
anything for about an hour and then it will come back down. The odor will be 2x times smelly.

I douched before this problem and I was not told douching was bad until after the fact. The vagina is a self cleaning body part. It does not need internal cleansing with shit that smells like flowers or vinegar.
wanabfresh
Hey all u guys im not new around here but, i dont post very much but i always read u guys post almost everyday,But i am a BV suferer also, I,ve had it off an on since i was 19 an im now 26 but anyway i just seen a commercial about this new FDA approved product called WATERWORKS an it seems promising. I've tried everything u can name an it works for a while but after so long your body get use 2 these drugs an become immune to it an they just dont work anymore but u guys should check this site out its very interesting an i will b ordering one soon. thanks guys for all the information an "NEVER GIVE UP"
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(wanabfresh @ Oct 31 2008, 03:21 AM) *
Hey all u guys im not new around here but, i dont post very much but i always read u guys post almost everyday,But i am a BV suferer also, I,ve had it off an on since i was 19 an im now 26 but anyway i just seen a commercial about this new FDA approved product called WATERWORKS an it seems promising. I've tried everything u can name an it works for a while but after so long your body get use 2 these drugs an become immune to it an they just dont work anymore but u guys should check this site out its very interesting an i will b ordering one soon. thanks guys for all the information an "NEVER GIVE UP"

I hate to burst your bubble and all but from what I read about Waterworks it's only something that helps with vaginal odor. It's not actually going to rid you of Bacterial Vaginosis. It seems like something that helps with a minor vaginal odor, not really an infection. What have you tried to get rid of your BV? I want to help you out somehow, knowing that you've been dealing with this for almost 8 years. I've been compiling research on what can actually treat BV naturally without medications that build resistance against the infection.
SiSS
sciongal
QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Oct 31 2008, 12:05 PM) *
I hate to burst your bubble and all but from what I read about Waterworks it's only something that helps with vaginal odor. It's not actually going to rid you of Bacterial Vaginosis. It seems like something that helps with a minor vaginal odor, not really an infection. What have you tried to get rid of your BV? I want to help you out somehow, knowing that you've been dealing with this for almost 8 years. I've been compiling research on what can actually treat BV naturally without medications that build resistance against the infection.
SiSS

I read the waterworks website, but won't that wash out all of your good bacteria as well???
neverending
QUOTE(sciongal @ Nov 1 2008, 02:37 AM) *
I read the waterworks website, but won't that wash out all of your good bacteria as well???

I've read up on it. The product does not seem promising. Just seems like a high priced Douche.
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(sciongal @ Oct 31 2008, 08:37 PM) *

It definitely would. The best advice I can give to anyone that has Bacterial Vaginosis is to not douche. Douching is bad for you when you don't have an infection, imagine how bad it could be when you have a live infection. That can cause the infection to spread even higher into the pelvis and cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(damselindistress @ Oct 30 2008, 11:07 AM) *
Hey, Horror, have you tried inserting the FemD capsule vaginally? I have been using one a day, vaginally, and it seems to be keeping the problems away. I admit, sometimes it is a little bit messy, so wear a liner, maybe, or do it at night. Taking them orally wasn't working for me either, but this does....at least so far, it's been 3 weeks problem-free.

So the Femodophilus worked for your vaginally? How long did it take for you to actually get results?
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 27 2008, 09:09 PM) *
HELLO LADIES!!!!

TTO worked for me!!!! It's been a life saver for me!

Also, I was at Whole Foods the other day, and they have TTO suppositories!!! So, you dont have to make them yourself!!! I bought a box, just to have in case of an emergency!!

But, just wanted to stop in real quick and tell you that yes, TTO works.. but as with everything, what works for me, may not work for you!!

Bye for now!

How long did it take for you to actually get results with the Tea Tree Oil Suppositories? What do the suppositories look like?
damselindistress
QUOTE(Sweaty in Social Studies @ Nov 4 2008, 02:43 PM) *
So the Femodophilus worked for your vaginally? How long did it take for you to actually get results?

I've only used it through two periods now with success, but we'll see. I'm hoping to get down to using a pill vaginally for a few days after my menses and a pill after sex. Otherwise, I'll continue with my daily yogurt diet and perhaps a cheaper probiotic orally. The FemD once a day is an expensive habit! I'll let ya know if that regimen will be good enough or if it comes back!! Good luck!
LovelyLadyLuck
QUOTE(damselindistress @ Nov 5 2008, 01:58 PM) *
I've only used it through two periods now with success, but we'll see. I'm hoping to get down to using a pill vaginally for a few days after my menses and a pill after sex. Otherwise, I'll continue with my daily yogurt diet and perhaps a cheaper probiotic orally. The FemD once a day is an expensive habit! I'll let ya know if that regimen will be good enough or if it comes back!! Good luck!

so you didnt use flagyl or anything like that to kill the infection first? im asking because i did the same thing you seem to be doing up until i ran out of femd. so of course my symptoms came back. if you have only been using femd to treat thats really great that you have no symptoms. im correct in assuming your symptoms are completely gone right?.. i mean your discharge, smell, everything is totally back to normal, yes?
damselindistress
QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Nov 6 2008, 09:01 AM) *
so you didnt use flagyl or anything like that to kill the infection first? im asking because i did the same thing you seem to be doing up until i ran out of femd. so of course my symptoms came back. if you have only been using femd to treat thats really great that you have no symptoms. im correct in assuming your symptoms are completely gone right?.. i mean your discharge, smell, everything is totally back to normal, yes?

Well.....
I was told I had a mild case of BV, mild yeast issues, Group B, etc. I never had a smell, just yellow or thick or clumpy discharge and sometimes it would itch. I made up my own TTO suppositories and those worked, but it would come back. I've used garlic up there - also worked, but would come back. Finally, I started making up a hydrogen peroxide wash like was recommended on the gentlebirth website (there's a link on here by the way). I did this the day after I finished up my period, then started inserting the FemD vaginally and all has been well, no itch, no discharge, all good. Sometimes a little fluid/residue comes out of me, only once in a while, but I think it's just from the capsule b/c it's white and not at all itchy. I came to the conclusion that the yeast was causing most of my issues b/c I bought the PH test strips and my vagina was testing very low, like 5.0, meaning it WAS acidic, so probably not BV. I think I'm going to do the peroxide rinse after sex and after my period as a precaution and use a FemD capsule after the wash, just one and see what happens. So far, though, I'm thrilled!
sooo sad
QUOTE(damselindistress @ Nov 6 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Well.....
I was told I had a mild case of BV, mild yeast issues, Group B, etc. I never had a smell, just yellow or thick or clumpy discharge and sometimes it would itch. I made up my own TTO suppositories and those worked, but it would come back. I've used garlic up there - also worked, but would come back. Finally, I started making up a hydrogen peroxide wash like was recommended on the gentlebirth website (there's a link on here by the way). I did this the day after I finished up my period, then started inserting the FemD vaginally and all has been well, no itch, no discharge, all good. Sometimes a little fluid/residue comes out of me, only once in a while, but I think it's just from the capsule b/c it's white and not at all itchy. I came to the conclusion that the yeast was causing most of my issues b/c I bought the PH test strips and my vagina was testing very low, like 5.0, meaning it WAS acidic, so probably not BV. I think I'm going to do the peroxide rinse after sex and after my period as a precaution and use a FemD capsule after the wash, just one and see what happens. So far, though, I'm thrilled!

wow!! i'm soo happy for you! i'm kinda doing something like you but instead of peroxide rinse, i'm doing boric acid. i might switch if need be. keep us posted! YAY for you again!!!!! wink.gif

btw.....i'm thinking that maybe if us ladies have tried everything and nothing works, this is probably the best thing to do so we can have a somewhat normal life. it takes time and effort but it's worth it to keep the symtoms away. maybe if we keep up with the routine then eventually the bad bacterial will die off for good and the good bacterial will stay around and flourish so we will have a normal vagina again!!!!

what i'm doing.....boric acid-1 capsule in the a.m. and one capsule at night to kill the bacteria, for about 4-5 days, then femd vaginally(2) at night for about 3-4 days and then repeat again. when my period comes i just do boric acid when the flow is lighter and i will do it for about 6-8 days instead of the normal 4-5 days. when i do the femd vaginally no discharge at all except for a little whitsh discharge in the middle of the next day but it's just for a little while and i believe that it's the capsule b/c it doesn't dissolve in the vagina ....of course. i also take femd orally in a.m. and p.m. and in the middle of the day i take nature's reuteri... this femd is espensive for real. hopefully i can go down after i feel like i'm totally bv free. i also use sylk and trojan ultra thin condoms when having sex.....don't use condoms with spermicide b/c it is not good for our sensative vaginas!!!!
LovelyLadyLuck
damsel: i did the hydro wash, too. but i ran out. it definitely was working though. i got my femd today, and im going to cvs to get some more HP tomorrow. so those ph test kits work? maybe i should get one of those too. ill keep you ladies posted on my progress! and thanks for responding so quickly!

soooosad: girl im right there with ya. if i gotta do this every day to keep my vag healthy, then so be it. im sick of not having a normal sex life, its affected my relationships and my self esteem. i just wanna be normal! i know you had smell probs like i did, are you getting any relief from your routine? you must be since you are having sex. im officially jealous. and youre right about those condoms! when i was younger and didnt know better i would continue to use them and my bv would come right back.... luckily i wasnt that sexually active so there would be long periods of relief in between treatment and sex. i feel bad for younger sexually active females who have this problem, we all know how mean teenage guys can be. i had a friend who had the meanest things said about her in this regard, and now im sure that she was suffering from chronic BV for all those years. its so unfair for any female to have to deal with the stigma of being "dirty" because of her BV when it has nothing to do with that!
sassy
damsel: I use the boric acid too so I can have a normal sex life. No, it's not a cure, but it helps me stay normal.

LovelyLady: I've been having BV issues since I was about 14. Though my smell has never been really bad, I have had boyfriends comment on it and it's humiliating. I once had a roommate in college who had never even had a yeast infection and she had a lot of sexual partners. Whereas I have only had 3 sexual partners ever (I'm married now) and I have all these vagina issues. It doesn't seem fair. mad.gif
damselindistress
QUOTE(sassy @ Nov 7 2008, 05:40 AM) *
damsel: I use the boric acid too so I can have a normal sex life. No, it's not a cure, but it helps me stay normal.

LovelyLady: I've been having BV issues since I was about 14. Though my smell has never been really bad, I have had boyfriends comment on it and it's humiliating. I once had a roommate in college who had never even had a yeast infection and she had a lot of sexual partners. Whereas I have only had 3 sexual partners ever (I'm married now) and I have all these vagina issues. It doesn't seem fair. mad.gif

Those PH test kits DO work, but they're expensive (the ones made specifically for testing VAGINAL PH). On Lori's blog, there's a link to buy a dispenser with tear-off strips. It's SO much cheaper to do it that way. Unfortunately, the strips only check for 5.0 and above. I believe 5.0 and ABOVE can signify BV. I figure if my PH checks in at 5, the lowest, it's probably yeast, not BV. I was so sick of going to the doctor unsure which infection I had. This way, I can see if my discharge is normal right at home and it's great. I just tear off a little strip, stick it on my finger and put right inside my vagina for a second like it says, coats the strip and then read it according to the color guide on the dispenser. The hydrogen peroxide is cheap, distilled water is cheap and I got a cheap 30CC syringe online too (link on gentlebirth to buy it). I feel so clean after I do that. I don't put it up there too far, don't want to use it like a douche, but a "wash" like the instructions say. With the wash, I think I'm not pushing all that air up there like you do with a douche. I hope it's okay to do, but so far, I'm golden. Yeah. Good luck everybody. I'm crossing my fingers!
mtg
Hi, I am a newbie here, and I was wondering if anyone has used relagard? I dont know if i have BV or if my ph is just out of balance, my gyno gave me refillable rx's for relagard and told me that sometimes the ph gets out of balance and that there is nothing I can do to prevent it but I could use relagard when it happens. Is this the same thing as BV?

I was also wondering if you can still have sex while using relagard?

and also how does having oral sex affect the ph balance and what are some things you can do to prevent it from happening? The smell is of course is affecting my sex life, my husband is very understanding but he loves to give me oral so how can i have a healthy and happy sex life? Any tips would be helpful.
Lolasaurus
Hey, ladies...

Does anyone out there know what, exactly, boric acid does to the vagina? Meaning, does it actually KILL bacteria, or just acidify things? Google's not helping me out.

I'm about to guinea pig a combination of BA and probiotic, and am wondering if it'll be a waste (BA killing the good bacteria, etc), or a good idea (bringing the vag to a Ph in which they will be more likely to flourish).

In any case, I'll let you guys know what happens.
mfc10
QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Nov 9 2008, 07:40 PM) *
Hey, ladies...

Does anyone out there know what, exactly, boric acid does to the vagina? Meaning, does it actually KILL bacteria, or just acidify things? Google's not helping me out.

I'm about to guinea pig a combination of BA and probiotic, and am wondering if it'll be a waste (BA killing the good bacteria, etc), or a good idea (bringing the vag to a Ph in which they will be more likely to flourish).

In any case, I'll let you guys know what happens.

To the best of my knowledge, it kills both good and bad bacteria, plus Candida species.
I would use the probiotic after finishing a course of boric acid.

Maggie C.
Lolasaurus
Thanks, Maggie.

I shoulda figured that an INSECTICIDE would be much more of a killer than an acidifier rolleyes.gif
sciongal
QUOTE(damselindistress @ Nov 7 2008, 07:48 AM) *
Those PH test kits DO work, but they're expensive (the ones made specifically for testing VAGINAL PH). On Lori's blog, there's a link to buy a dispenser with tear-off strips. It's SO much cheaper to do it that way. Unfortunately, the strips only check for 5.0 and above. I believe 5.0 and ABOVE can signify BV. I figure if my PH checks in at 5, the lowest, it's probably yeast, not BV. I was so sick of going to the doctor unsure which infection I had. This way, I can see if my discharge is normal right at home and it's great. I just tear off a little strip, stick it on my finger and put right inside my vagina for a second like it says, coats the strip and then read it according to the color guide on the dispenser. The hydrogen peroxide is cheap, distilled water is cheap and I got a cheap 30CC syringe online too (link on gentlebirth to buy it). I feel so clean after I do that. I don't put it up there too far, don't want to use it like a douche, but a "wash" like the instructions say. With the wash, I think I'm not pushing all that air up there like you do with a douche. I hope it's okay to do, but so far, I'm golden. Yeah. Good luck everybody. I'm crossing my fingers!

Hi. Try pH ion pH stix. they go as low as 4.5 pH. you can order them online. www.pH-ion.com or amazon
sooo sad
QUOTE(LovelyLadyLuck @ Nov 6 2008, 11:07 PM) *
damsel: i did the hydro wash, too. but i ran out. it definitely was working though. i got my femd today, and im going to cvs to get some more HP tomorrow. so those ph test kits work? maybe i should get one of those too. ill keep you ladies posted on my progress! and thanks for responding so quickly!

soooosad: girl im right there with ya. if i gotta do this every day to keep my vag healthy, then so be it. im sick of not having a normal sex life, its affected my relationships and my self esteem. i just wanna be normal! i know you had smell probs like i did, are you getting any relief from your routine? you must be since you are having sex. im officially jealous. and youre right about those condoms! when i was younger and didnt know better i would continue to use them and my bv would come right back.... luckily i wasnt that sexually active so there would be long periods of relief in between treatment and sex. i feel bad for younger sexually active females who have this problem, we all know how mean teenage guys can be. i had a friend who had the meanest things said about her in this regard, and now im sure that she was suffering from chronic BV for all those years. its so unfair for any female to have to deal with the stigma of being "dirty" because of her BV when it has nothing to do with that!

lovelyladyluck

hey hon............

yes, i'm getting relief from my routine but i think i'm gonna start doing boric acid every other day now and tto in between. i wanna fit in femd vaginally too, but i don't know how yet. i think i've been doing boric acid too much cause i'm kinda getting irritated down there now, but not too bad. my period started and i didn't do the boric acid and the irritation has died down now......thank GOD!!!! always one thing right after another!!! how are you coming along? what are you doing to cope with this darn thing? hopefully we will all get rid of this horid devil!!!!

sooo sad
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(sooo sad @ Nov 10 2008, 02:25 PM) *
lovelyladyluck

hey hon............

yes, i'm getting relief from my routine but i think i'm gonna start doing boric acid every other day now and tto in between. i wanna fit in femd vaginally too, but i don't know how yet. i think i've been doing boric acid too much cause i'm kinda getting irritated down there now, but not too bad. my period started and i didn't do the boric acid and the irritation has died down now......thank GOD!!!! always one thing right after another!!! how are you coming along? what are you doing to cope with this darn thing? hopefully we will all get rid of this horid devil!!!!

sooo sad

Aren't there any affects of using Boric Acid over a long period of time?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.