Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
sea star
' Susie skinky pants' what have you used in the past 10 years,wich antibiotics and natural treatments?

QUOTE(sea star @ Aug 24 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Hi ' Susie skinky pants'

Did you tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets.A lot of women tryed the Pau 'D Arco tablets and they say that they have less discharge and no smell.I haven't tryed them yet.I have BV with odor for almost 10 years too.I smelled bad in high school and at work too,I know how you fell.

Also I want to ask the moderator something,why is it that I can replay to a message but I can't start a new message.

sea star

neverending
QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Aug 23 2009, 11:25 PM) *
BV for over 10 years... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ok..what I cant undersand is..the foul smelling discharge..when I am at work it is so bad that the whole front office smells this everday..I am so scared I going to get fired..I have tried everthing..you name itI tried it...But why is it so foul..sometimes fishy but foul..and the worse thing is everyone know its you..man sometimes I wish I could just kill myself..its that bad..and the doctors..no help..and the meds.. do not work anymore..oh does anyone else have that problem..I tell the doctor that the meds dont work anymore and they look at you like something wrong with you..I really starting to think there right..I just want to live a normal life..that all..Help anyone!!

I think what is best is that you tell EVERYONE about your vagina health problem. Once everyone knew that the odor I had was not because I didn't bathe then, but because I had and still occasionally have vagina problems. Once you let people know upfront they seem to understand a lot more. You did not wake up one morning and say hmmmmm.....I think I would like to have custard, that smells like rotten ass and fish, in my cooch everyday for years. I was on every antibiotic you could think of and I tried herbal rememdies as well. I got to the point where I had to tell people that I had/have vagina issues because everyone knew that something was wrong and most people knew that I had to have been taking showers because I would go into work smelling good but leave "fishy". Sucks but it's the truth! It's best to try to stay positive and try to be optimistic because being depressed will lower your immune system and make things MUCH worse as far as discharge and smell. Try yoga and some meditation and try not to think about your cooch for a while. I know it's hard but it's what's best for you. STRESS IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH. If you are stressed out a lot that may be the reason why you have vagina issues. Also, try oatstraw tea. That should help!
neverending
QUOTE(martoocha @ Aug 21 2009, 07:18 PM) *

Hello BV thread!
Hello virgin4life!
I have recently tried rephresh (gel) since I thought I had a BV, and I thought it worked great, however ultimately it didn't get rid of the foul 'fishy'odor 100%. It was better though than before I used the gel. It was very easy to apply (or insert) and everything on the 'FAQs' page on the website is true. I had very little discharge and applied the gel at several different times in a day (once at night, once right before hitting the shower). But after using rephresh twice (4 applications each time) + getting several pap tests done and going to 2 ob/gyn's to get looked at, I still had no real answer as to why I had this now slight odor that really only comes out after sex. According to the last ob/gyn I saw, I do not have BV. He did bring up the fact that like everything in our lives that affects us, physically & emotionally, sometimes it can affect the bacteria levels (good + bad) in us and perhaps the recent weight gain I've had could be the reason why? Has anyone else been told the the same or along the lines of what my ob/gyn said to me recently?

I would highly recommend rephresh though. I encountered no side effects and had a good experience with it. If you do some research on it, you'll find out it actually started out as a lube for women and then come to find out it helped balance out the ph balance in women. Interesting!

The one piece of advice my ob/gyn suggested was boric acid capsules, which I already use and make on my own. He said its very safe and he'd have no problem whatsoever if I used the capsules every day! I did read someone's post saying that the boric acid caps didn't work for t hem, and I agree, its perhaps not the 'cure-all' for everyone. Trust me, I wish I could find a cure-all for us all!

Right now, I've decided to use the boric acid capsules and more specifically around the time of my period, since I've noticed this is when the foul odor comes out even more so.

Good luck ladies and keep up the good work in sharing your experiences with this.

take care,
martoocha

I've tried represh before. I guess it works for some people but me, nope! After I used that stuff it looked like small pieces of clumped up toilet paper came out of my vagina. It was gross! I was soooooooo glad when when the product wore itself out. It took three or four days though. YUCK!
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(neverending @ Aug 28 2009, 12:19 AM) *
I think what is best is that you tell EVERYONE about your vagina health problem. Once everyone knew that the odor I had was not because I didn't bathe then, but because I had and still occasionally have vagina problems. Once you let people know upfront they seem to understand a lot more. You did not wake up one morning and say hmmmmm.....I think I would like to have custard, that smells like rotten ass and fish, in my cooch everyday for years. I was on every antibiotic you could think of and I tried herbal rememdies as well. I got to the point where I had to tell people that I had/have vagina issues because everyone knew that something was wrong and most people knew that I had to have been taking showers because I would go into work smelling good but leave "fishy". Sucks but it's the truth! It's best to try to stay positive and try to be optimistic because being depressed will lower your immune system and make things MUCH worse as far as discharge and smell. Try yoga and some meditation and try not to think about your cooch for a while. I know it's hard but it's what's best for you. STRESS IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH. If you are stressed out a lot that may be the reason why you have vagina issues. Also, try oatstraw tea. That should help!

I'm totally admiring your boldness. I wouldn't have the courage to just tell someone about something so "private." Sometimes I wondered what people would think. I'd assume they would think the worst. What did they say when you told them? Your absolutely right about the stress. Being more optimistic always helped me deal with the darker side of things. I was reading an (article) that says happy people generally live longer, and "happiness helps people stay healthy". biggrin.gif

arj75
I just recently went in for my yearly pap smear, and for the fist time in years, it came back normal (in regards to my cervix). I once again have a "staph infection in vagina" Is gardenella in the staph family? This is like the third I've heard this. My doctor did have the lab do a culture and sensivity test. The infection is not resistant to Clidamycin even though I have only taken it once in my life. I was given Cipro and Flagyl for the 100th time. Now, not only do I have odor and discharge but EXTREME itching. So now I'm on terazal (yeast cream) that I have never taken) Diflucan and Tindamax. ( I don't have trich) I also have to have a pelvic -abd ultrasound and weekly White blood cell count for the next month. sad.gif My last count was high.
sadgirl
Hello,

I'm really glad that this site exists. I've been suffering from BV for over FOUR years now. I've tried all the over-the-counter medicines, the flagyl, and am now trying Fem Dophilous (FD) because none of the other stuff has worked. This is my third week taking FD and I don't see any improvement. I took 2 pills a day for the first two weeks and am now taking 4 pills a day but I still don't see any results. Do people think I should take metronidazole with the FD?

I'm so frustrated; I've been misdiagonsed for years but I don't want to give up just yet. I wouldn't exactly say I smell fishy but I smell funky and it's extremely annoying and disgusting. I feel no pain but I just think that this is not the way that normal discharge should look or feel (my discharge is white/yellow with a clumpy play-doh/dough feel). The idea of sex is not even looking realistically possible for my future!

Thanks for reading this and I would appreciate any replies!
sea star
Hi 'sadgirl'
I don't think you should take metronizadole with the FD.I have used metronizadole 5 or 6 times orally and vaginally and it didn't work for me too.If metronizadole didn't work for you for the first time,there is no point of takeing it over and over again,even if you use it for 70 times it will stil don't work.You should try useing antibiotics that you never used before,so you can find out wich antibiotic works for you.We all have BV with different bacteria,it's not like there is one bacteria that is causeing BV.I was never diagnosed with BV too.My diagnose was Candida,but I deffinitly know that I have BV because of the strong smell.My smell is also not fishy,it doesen't have to be fishy,it's different for everybody.My smell is like amonia,urine,something burnt and etc,the smell changes,I have BV for almost 10 years.

QUOTE(sadgirl @ Aug 31 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Hello,

I'm really glad that this site exists. I've been suffering from BV for over FOUR years now. I've tried all the over-the-counter medicines, the flagyl, and am now trying Fem Dophilous (FD) because none of the other stuff has worked. This is my third week taking FD and I don't see any improvement. I took 2 pills a day for the first two weeks and am now taking 4 pills a day but I still don't see any results. Do people think I should take metronidazole with the FD?

I'm so frustrated; I've been misdiagonsed for years but I don't want to give up just yet. I wouldn't exactly say I smell fishy but I smell funky and it's extremely annoying and disgusting. I feel no pain but I just think that this is not the way that normal discharge should look or feel (my discharge is white/yellow with a clumpy play-doh/dough feel). The idea of sex is not even looking realistically possible for my future!

Thanks for reading this and I would appreciate any replies!

sadgirl
Hello Sea Star,

Thank you so much for reading what I wrote and replying! I read that FD worked well with oral metronidazole. Have you ever tried this or FD in general? Wow 10 years eh. I feel sort of hopeless now. I haven't tried garlic suppostories or any other home remedies. You have tried everything already and nothing works? :(! I'm so sorry to hear this. Sigh. I agree that metronidazole on it's own will/may solve the problem temporarily because it is an antibiotic and yes, bacteria become resistant.

Are you trying anything right now? Also, one more thing- what about femanol? I just came across that yesterday but it appears a little shady. I can't find any real testimonials and I'm not a fan of the main website.

Once again, thanks for your reply.

sea star
QUOTE(sadgirl @ Sep 1 2009, 06:12 AM) *
Hello Sea Star,

Thank you so much for reading what I wrote and replying! I read that FD worked well with oral metronidazole. Have you ever tried this or FD in general? Wow 10 years eh. I feel sort of hopeless now. I haven't tried garlic suppostories or any other home remedies. You have tried everything already and nothing works? sad.gif! I'm so sorry to hear this. Sigh. I agree that metronidazole on it's own will/may solve the problem temporarily because it is an antibiotic and yes, bacteria become resistant.

Are you trying anything right now? Also, one more thing- what about femanol? I just came across that yesterday but it appears a little shady. I can't find any real testimonials and I'm not a fan of the main website.

Hi 'sadgirl'

Right now I am not useing anything,I don't work so I don't have any money.I haven't tryed FD,but I have used lactobacillus capsules that contain the 2 strains L.fermentum and L.rhamnosus and they only help with the symptoms,they don't cure BV.You said that you read that FD worked well with oral metronizadole,if that worked for some women that doesen't mean that it will work for you,everybody is different,what works for some women it may not work for other.If metronizadole doesen't cure BV for you it wont cure it even if you use FD with it.Have you tried useing other antibiotics,which antibiotics have you used so far?
Are you useing the FD orally or vaginally?Some women open the capsules and they use them vaginally.If you use them vaginally you have to check if the capsules contain any form of sugar,lactose,the sugar can iritate you or cause yeast infection.
You don't need to feel hopless,mabye you will cure your BV faster,now there are BV groups,when I first got BV there weren't any BV groups so I had nobady to talk with and also the obgyns didn't know nothing about it then.
You can try Pau D' Arco (herbal tablets) I haven't tryed them yet but a lot of women say they help with the smell and the discharge is less.If you try the Pau D' Arco tablets don't expect results right away,it takes one month or few weeks so they can start working.Also you can try acti gel from BioFem,it's aloe vera gel,I have used it and it helps with the odor.
I tryed Femanol the last year.It doesen't cure BV it only helps with the symptoms and I think that I got yeast infection from it because I started to smell like something very sweet ,the smell was very strong.Enzara,Destinol are also products like Femanol they don't cure BV they only take the smell away.
Femanol contains:Neem bark,garlic,beta glucan,B vitamins and Lactobacillus.
Have you used folic acid(vitamin B9) it helps with the odor.
jaavee123
Hello all - I am new to this site, but not to BV!!! I have had problems with it for the last year, and finally found aci jel, which worked well for me, but now I can't buy it anywhere. Has anyone been able to find it recently? It seems to have gone out of production.....

Here's hoping....

Jaavee
gpink26
THE CURE IS HERE!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif unsure.gif

Hello everyone I am very new to this site. But BV has been my best friend until a week ago! I'm going to tell all of you how to get rid of it so you won't have to pay the doctor anymore and give the pharmacies money. So here we go:

Get you 2 empty douche bottles.
3% hydrogen peroxide
a gallon of distilled water (it must be distilled and nothing else!)
-Buy something with Acidophilis (maybe yogurt on a tampon insert)
and a Bottle of folic acid with vitamin B supplement
(you can get all this at WAL-MART!)

So what your going to do is fill your empty douche bottle up with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 distilled water.
Then lay in your bathtub and douche like regular.Now it's going to boil, but not burn all this mean is the peroxide is killing the bad bacteria. (get it! It's used this way for cuts and sore its ok!)This process kills the smell and the discharge so lie there for 5 minutes with it in your vagina.

Stand up now so it runs out you may notice that it sucked some infection in your bottle so pour this out and mix another batch 1/2-3% peroxide and 1/2 distilled water do the same process and lie there 5 more minutes. Then with the other bottle fill it with distilled water and rinse out your vagina. ) Now use whatever you brougth to replace the PH-Balance in you vagina: like I said it could be insert from the health food store is which I have found best. You can do this like once in the morning and then at night before going to bed. DO THIS FOR THREE (3) DAYS!

Now the Folic Acid is for your use because the vagina wall gets weak from having odor and discharge that why it hurt during sexual intercourse, so these pills help the vagina wall get strong.

Take at least 1600mg a day the first week...such as four(4)- 400mg a day and then 800mg a day(2 vitamins) the next week for a week or until you feel better.

The Acidophilus puts the good bacteria back into the vagina and fixes it's PH-balance, if you was wondering. And it's safe and doesn't burn.

JUST REMEMBER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SEX, PREGNANCY, EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR, WEARING TIGHT CLOTHES,OR EVEN HORMONAL IMBALANCE; YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG TO GET THIS. PEOPLE AND YOUR DOCTOR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A DIRT BAG ABOUT BV, BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE!

GOD BLESS YOU GALS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL NOTE OR REPLY. WE LADIES HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! rolleyes.gif

By the way leave metro-gel and metronizadole alone cause the BV get immune to it after all I know I had 11 refills cause the doctors told me it wasn't no point in coming back to see him. It was nothing he could do!
gpink26
QUOTE(sea star @ Aug 31 2009, 09:01 AM) *
Hi 'sadgirl'
I don't think you should take metronizadole with the FD.I have used metronizadole 5 or 6 times orally and vaginally and it didn't work for me too.If metronizadole didn't work for you for the first time,there is no point of takeing it over and over again,even if you use it for 70 times it will stil don't work.You should try useing antibiotics that you never used before,so you can find out wich antibiotic works for you.We all have BV with different bacteria,it's not like there is one bacteria that is causeing BV.I was never diagnosed with BV too.My diagnose was Candida,but I deffinitly know that I have BV because of the strong smell.My smell is also not fishy,it doesen't have to be fishy,it's different for everybody.My smell is like amonia,urine,something burnt and etc,the smell changes,I have BV for almost 10 years.

Hi sadgirl.......Please read my post it will help you and everyone else get rid of your BV. Those doctor exams, pills and cream don't work read my post and tell me your results I know how you feel. I use to tell my husband to bring me undies to work because of so much discharge.
gpink26
QUOTE(sea star @ Aug 31 2009, 07:37 PM) *
Hi 'sadgirl'

Right now I am not useing anything,I don't work so I don't have any money.I haven't tryed FD,but I have used lactobacillus capsules that contain the 2 strains L.fermentum and L.rhamnosus and they only help with the symptoms,they don't cure BV.You said that you read that FD worked well with oral metronizadole,if that worked for some women that doesen't mean that it will work for you,everybody is different,what works for some women it may not work for other.If metronizadole doesen't cure BV for you it wont cure it even if you use FD with it.Have you tried useing other antibiotics,which antibiotics have you used so far?
Are you useing the FD orally or vaginally?Some women open the capsules and they use them vaginally.If you use them vaginally you have to check if the capsules contain any form of sugar,lactose,the sugar can iritate you or cause yeast infection.
You don't need to feel hopless,mabye you will cure your BV faster,now there are BV groups,when I first got BV there weren't any BV groups so I had nobady to talk with and also the obgyns didn't know nothing about it then.
You can try Pau D' Arco (herbal tablets) I haven't tryed them yet but a lot of women say they help with the smell and the discharge is less.If you try the Pau D' Arco tablets don't expect results right away,it takes one month or few weeks so they can start working.Also you can try acti gel from BioFem,it's aloe vera gel,I have used it and it helps with the odor.
I tryed Femanol the last year.It doesen't cure BV it only helps with the symptoms and I think that I got yeast infection from it because I started to smell like something very sweet ,the smell was very strong.Enzara,Destinol are also products like Femanol they don't cure BV they only take the smell away.
Femanol contains:Neem bark,garlic,beta glucan,B vitamins and Lactobacillus.
Have you used folic acid(vitamin B9) it helps with the odor.

Your on the right path, but read my post about BV and you'll know how to use you folic acid. Your just missing a step to get rid of the discharge and bacteria.
horror_movie
CODE
[code]Have anyone think about going to a legit psychic healer to find out how to get rid of bv and why this is happening to you. I went to one and she told me I was going through a Allergic reaction. My body is rejecting vitamin c that help my immune system fight off these types of infection.  She gave me a great idea on how to get rid of it but I'm  going let you all know if it helped get rid of my situation (bv) trust me if this work I will be back and tell you all EVERYTHING!! BUT REALLY LOOK INTO PSYCHIC HEALERS.
[/code][code][/code]
neverending
QUOTE(gpink26 @ Sep 2 2009, 12:56 AM) *
Hi sadgirl.......Please read my post it will help you and everyone else get rid of your BV. Those doctor exams, pills and cream don't work read my post and tell me your results I know how you feel. I use to tell my husband to bring me undies to work because of so much discharge.

Keep extra undies in your car and also wipes. So, you can do sort of a wash up when you need to freshen up.Hope that helps
kegom
Hello everyone

I am back after a long absence. Last year, for 8 months I was BV free. I informed all of you about Vit C tablets that i was inserting in my vagina. I was off sugar and white flour. I the relapsed when i started eating all the junk again. Someone said this on this forum and I agree, we are all poisioning ouserlves somehow. I know I should limit sugar and white flour but because of lack of self discipline i keep on eating all the junk. Now I have been smell-free for 5 weeks now. For 4 weeks I inserted garlic covered in a sterile gauze (garlic is a natural antibiotic) every night and now i insert a tampon dunked in probiotic yogurt at night. No smell for 5 weeks. I want to continue with the yogurt treatment for a month (to replace the good bacteria after the garlic treatment) as I have had this for 10 years now. I am still eating all the junk but ill try to reduce my intake. Now im hoping that when I visit my gynae next month Ill test bv free. Hoping for the best! Feels good walking too close to people without worrying abour stinky vajayjay

PS: you all dotn have to hang around people and be smelly. Insert a tampon everytime you go out. gives you temporary peace of mind!
gpink26
QUOTE(kegom @ Sep 3 2009, 05:45 AM) *
Hello everyone

I am back after a long absence. Last year, for 8 months I was BV free. I informed all of you about Vit C tablets that i was inserting in my vagina. I was off sugar and white flour. I the relapsed when i started eating all the junk again. Someone said this on this forum and I agree, we are all poisioning ouserlves somehow. I know I should limit sugar and white flour but because of lack of self discipline i keep on eating all the junk. Now I have been smell-free for 5 weeks now. For 4 weeks I inserted garlic covered in a sterile gauze (garlic is a natural antibiotic) every night and now i insert a tampon dunked in probiotic yogurt at night. No smell for 5 weeks. I want to continue with the yogurt treatment for a month (to replace the good bacteria after the garlic treatment) as I have had this for 10 years now. I am still eating all the junk but ill try to reduce my intake. Now im hoping that when I visit my gynae next month Ill test bv free. Hoping for the best! Feels good walking too close to people without worrying abour stinky vajayjay

PS: you all dotn have to hang around people and be smelly. Insert a tampon everytime you go out. gives you temporary peace of mind!

Have you tried douching with 1/2 3% perioxide and 1/2 disstilled water and then try put the yogurt into your vagina for three days. I'm telling you, you must boil out the bad bacterial before putting good bacterial in. Please try it! Inserting a tampon like that is just going to create more bacteria.
gpink26
QUOTE(sadgirl @ Aug 31 2009, 04:42 PM) *
Hello Sea Star,

Thank you so much for reading what I wrote and replying! I read that FD worked well with oral metronidazole. Have you ever tried this or FD in general? Wow 10 years eh. I feel sort of hopeless now. I haven't tried garlic suppostories or any other home remedies. You have tried everything already and nothing works? sad.gif! I'm so sorry to hear this. Sigh. I agree that metronidazole on it's own will/may solve the problem temporarily because it is an antibiotic and yes, bacteria become resistant.

Okay! Listen! Go to www.earthclinic.com and there are women on there with BV, but get relief with the 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 disstilled water regimen. Go there if you don't won't to stink anymore check this out. it seems to me that most of these blogs just want to complain, but I'm telling you what to do to get rid of discharge and odor. Please you have nothing to loose you'll thank me in the morning:)!
Sweaty in Social Studies
QUOTE(jaavee123 @ Sep 1 2009, 04:56 PM) *
Hello all - I am new to this site, but not to BV!!! I have had problems with it for the last year, and finally found aci jel, which worked well for me, but now I can't buy it anywhere. Has anyone been able to find it recently? It seems to have gone out of production.....

Here's hoping....

Jaavee

A poster named bvgirl said that Aci-Jel is discontinued. (Here is the post.)
sea star
QUOTE(jaavee123 @ Sep 2 2009, 06:26 AM) *

Here's hoping....

Jaavee

Acti gel is produced by BioClin from Netherlands.I live in Europe and I can find acti gel in every pharmacy.I don't think they stoped producing the gel,probably USA doesen't import this product anymore.Are we talking about the same gel ? the gel I am talking about contains aloe vera.
catwalk
*BV FREE HAPPY DANCE* cool.gif

BV has all but cleared using Jarrow Fem-D ($25 for 2 months) and Natren Vag Kit from Iherb.com! Used coupon code LAZ615 which took $5 off (made shipping free to Canada) and sometimes they have sales for even more off. I've used the coupon a few times, just signed up under different email addresses.

The Fem-D was just a subtle improvement over about two weeks, and as long as I took it every day I had no itchiness and the smell went away! I used the Natren kit thing (vag suppositories) when I thought the BV might act up or wanted to make sure I was good for a trip. This one was a little less subtle and there a lot of 'stuff' that comes out the next day so make sure to watch out for that. There's other products on that site that women are saying helped with BV as well!

Any bad breakouts I got Flagystatin prescribed but haven't had anything since MAY. I've cut down to 1 Fem-D every other day and I'll take the Natren Vag suppositories for a week before a special event, just in case. Overall it's costing about $10 a month to keep my BV under control. SO AWESOME! biggrin.gif

I'm just so happy about it all, and I'm not sure if that helps as well (being less stressed about it). I have a full extra bottle of Fem-D at all times now. Thank you to all the people who previously suggested it and gave their feedback! Add me to the pile. And the iherb site has been really cool and especially if you live outsite the USA they are amazing for shipping & cost.
neverending
QUOTE(catwalk @ Sep 8 2009, 03:09 PM) *
*BV FREE HAPPY DANCE* cool.gif

BV has all but cleared using Jarrow Fem-D ($25 for 2 months) and Natren Vag Kit from Iherb.com! Used coupon code LAZ615 which took $5 off (made shipping free to Canada) and sometimes they have sales for even more off. I've used the coupon a few times, just signed up under different email addresses.

The Fem-D was just a subtle improvement over about two weeks, and as long as I took it every day I had no itchiness and the smell went away! I used the Natren kit thing (vag suppositories) when I thought the BV might act up or wanted to make sure I was good for a trip. This one was a little less subtle and there a lot of 'stuff' that comes out the next day so make sure to watch out for that. There's other products on that site that women are saying helped with BV as well!

Any bad breakouts I got Flagystatin prescribed but haven't had anything since MAY. I've cut down to 1 Fem-D every other day and I'll take the Natren Vag suppositories for a week before a special event, just in case. Overall it's costing about $10 a month to keep my BV under control. SO AWESOME! biggrin.gif

I'm just so happy about it all, and I'm not sure if that helps as well (being less stressed about it). I have a full extra bottle of Fem-D at all times now. Thank you to all the people who previously suggested it and gave their feedback! Add me to the pile. And the iherb site has been really cool and especially if you live outsite the USA they are amazing for shipping & cost.

You used it for only 2 months? Thats great! Most people here have chronic BV that never goes away no matter what they use. CONGRATS!
missmonica73
My BV experience may help you. Long story, but it may help you.

For the past 10 years, I've suffered from BV off and on. The first time I got it, I went through several rounds of treatments, and finally Flagyl (Metrodinazinole sp?) worked. Being a potent antibiotic, I decided to research alternative, more natural therapies for BV as this antibiotic is not pleasant to be on for a whole week. I discovered Yeast Arrest years ago, and it worked wonders. Whenever I got that oh-so-familiar itch, Yeast Arrest was my go-to cure. I had much success with Yeast Arrest (which contained boric acid, which helps to acidify the vagina and thus make it inhospitable to anerobic bacteria). HOWEVER, Vitanica (makers of Yeast Arrest) modified their formula due to pressure form the FDA to remove boric acid from the product. I don't know all the facts, but when I called and complained that this product stinks (literally) and no longer works for my BV, the CSR told me they were basically forced to change the formula and remove the boric acid, which was the key ingredient for treating BV. This forced me to look to alternative treatments as I did not want to take Flagyl again.

Backtracking for a moment, this last infection was caused by an irresponsible sex partner who lost a condom inside of me and did not tell me. It was stuck inside of me for FOUR days and the only reason I learned of it was when I went to the bathroom and felt something hanging out of my vagina. Yes, this was traumatizing and disgusting to say the least. Needless to say, this foreign object inside my vagina caused some serious issues. I went to the doctor to make sure I was OK and have her test me for STDs and BV as I was experiencing the familiar itch and odor. A week later I learned I had GARDNERELLA bacteria and was prescribed a 2 day dose of Tindamax.

I decided to fill my prescription "just in case" and try alternative methods as I REALLY did not want to take antibiotics as a first and only option. Here's what I tried for about two months, none of which worked: hydrogen peroxide douche, straight boric acid suppositories (purchased boric acid on Internet and filled my own 00 gel caps), tea tree oil suppositories, vitamin c suppositories, Fem-dophilus orally and vaginally, and BV Essentials (homeopathic BV treatment sold at CVS pharmacies). While these methods seemed to momentarily control my symptoms, none of them cured the problem. I was frustrated, depressed, and my dating life was put completely on hold. I was surprised that boric acid didn't help my BV because it ALWAYS worked in the past.

I took the Tindamax, but it did not work, so I called my doctor for an oral prescription of Flagyl. I told her the infection did not clear and that I needed the Flagyl as I knew it would work. Midway through my prescription, the smell ceased. I started to feel good about myself again, and finished my antibiotics. Now I only had light discharge but I figured it would clear up on its on. When it didn't, I began to cry thinking it would never go away and that I would suffer forever. THEN A LIGHTBULB WENT OFF! I recalled about 8 years ago getting a UREAPLASMA infection (sexually transmitted) that basically caused the same symptoms of BV. After being treated with oral Flagyl, I went back to the doctor and retested for BV--which came back negative. I was told nothing was wrong, but I know my body better than anyone and I knew this discharge was not normal. Frustrated, I decided to go for a second opinion. The second doctor told me that she was going to test me for UREAPLASMA and MYCOPLASMA since the last doctor didn't. I'd never heard of it, but I was happy that she decided to test me. A week later, I discovered I had UREAPLASMA infection. I was prescribed Zithromax, which didn't work, and then Levaquin, which finally worked!

So back to this last infection, I decided to purchase some Levaquin online from Mexico as a last resort IN CASE I had UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA. I was so desperate, and I felt I had nothing to lose. I really did not want to go to my doctor, wait around for results, and continue to suffer when I had a gut feeling I was right about my diagnosis. Let me just tell you that I took the medicine and have been BV free for a month. I am certain it was the UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA (on top of my gardnerella infection) that caused it to linger for so long. I know that boric acid helps, but it didn't help this time because I had a double infection.

Note: I don't promote diagnosing yourself nor do I promote purchasing antibiotics online without knowing exactly what is wrong. Also, Levaquin is a powerful antibiotic, and some people have had serious issues with it. I only took it because I had taken it before with no complications. I also know my body well enough to know that I was experiencing the same symptoms I had 8 years ago with the mycoplasma infection.

So here's my advice: If you have BV and it won't go away, please ask your doctor to test you for UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA infection. A study online indicated that about half of the women who get BV also have a UREA/MYCOPLASMA infection.

Once I finished the Levaquin, I bought the Vagisil PH screening kit and tested my PH, which was finally normal (it was not normal after the Flagyl). I also continue to take 1 capsule of Fem-dophilus daily to keep my vaginal flora in balance and enhance its ability to ward off future infections if pathogens are introduced.

I finally feel free. I ejoyed intimacy last week for the first time in 6 months with a guy I met about 1 month ago. It was nice, and I felt confident and clean. Take Fem-Dophilus daily and check your PH every so often if you suffer from recurrent BV. We must keep our vaginas healthy. wink.gif

***Sorry if post was too long.****
neverending
QUOTE(missmonica73 @ Sep 9 2009, 11:02 PM) *
My BV experience may help you. Long story, but it may help you.

For the past 10 years, I've suffered from BV off and on. The first time I got it, I went through several rounds of treatments, and finally Flagyl (Metrodinazinole sp?) worked. Being a potent antibiotic, I decided to research alternative, more natural therapies for BV as this antibiotic is not pleasant to be on for a whole week. I discovered Yeast Arrest years ago, and it worked wonders. Whenever I got that oh-so-familiar itch, Yeast Arrest was my go-to cure. I had much success with Yeast Arrest (which contained boric acid, which helps to acidify the vagina and thus make it inhospitable to anerobic bacteria). HOWEVER, Vitanica (makers of Yeast Arrest) modified their formula due to pressure form the FDA to remove boric acid from the product. I don't know all the facts, but when I called and complained that this product stinks (literally) and no longer works for my BV, the CSR told me they were basically forced to change the formula and remove the boric acid, which was the key ingredient for treating BV. This forced me to look to alternative treatments as I did not want to take Flagyl again.

Backtracking for a moment, this last infection was caused by an irresponsible sex partner who lost a condom inside of me and did not tell me. It was stuck inside of me for FOUR days and the only reason I learned of it was when I went to the bathroom and felt something hanging out of my vagina. Yes, this was traumatizing and disgusting to say the least. Needless to say, this foreign object inside my vagina caused some serious issues. I went to the doctor to make sure I was OK and have her test me for STDs and BV as I was experiencing the familiar itch and odor. A week later I learned I had GARDNERELLA bacteria and was prescribed a 2 day dose of Tindamax.

I decided to fill my prescription "just in case" and try alternative methods as I REALLY did not want to take antibiotics as a first and only option. Here's what I tried for about two months, none of which worked: hydrogen peroxide douche, straight boric acid suppositories (purchased boric acid on Internet and filled my own 00 gel caps), tea tree oil suppositories, vitamin c suppositories, Fem-dophilus orally and vaginally, and BV Essentials (homeopathic BV treatment sold at CVS pharmacies). While these methods seemed to momentarily control my symptoms, none of them cured the problem. I was frustrated, depressed, and my dating life was put completely on hold. I was surprised that boric acid didn't help my BV because it ALWAYS worked in the past.

I took the Tindamax, but it did not work, so I called my doctor for an oral prescription of Flagyl. I told her the infection did not clear and that I needed the Flagyl as I knew it would work. Midway through my prescription, the smell ceased. I started to feel good about myself again, and finished my antibiotics. Now I only had light discharge but I figured it would clear up on its on. When it didn't, I began to cry thinking it would never go away and that I would suffer forever. THEN A LIGHTBULB WENT OFF! I recalled about 8 years ago getting a UREAPLASMA infection (sexually transmitted) that basically caused the same symptoms of BV. After being treated with oral Flagyl, I went back to the doctor and retested for BV--which came back negative. I was told nothing was wrong, but I know my body better than anyone and I knew this discharge was not normal. Frustrated, I decided to go for a second opinion. The second doctor told me that she was going to test me for UREAPLASMA and MYCOPLASMA since the last doctor didn't. I'd never heard of it, but I was happy that she decided to test me. A week later, I discovered I had UREAPLASMA infection. I was prescribed Zithromax, which didn't work, and then Levaquin, which finally worked!

So back to this last infection, I decided to purchase some Levaquin online from Mexico as a last resort IN CASE I had UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA. I was so desperate, and I felt I had nothing to lose. I really did not want to go to my doctor, wait around for results, and continue to suffer when I had a gut feeling I was right about my diagnosis. Let me just tell you that I took the medicine and have been BV free for a month. I am certain it was the UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA (on top of my gardnerella infection) that caused it to linger for so long. I know that boric acid helps, but it didn't help this time because I had a double infection.

Note: I don't promote diagnosing yourself nor do I promote purchasing antibiotics online without knowing exactly what is wrong. Also, Levaquin is a powerful antibiotic, and some people have had serious issues with it. I only took it because I had taken it before with no complications. I also know my body well enough to know that I was experiencing the same symptoms I had 8 years ago with the mycoplasma infection.

So here's my advice: If you have BV and it won't go away, please ask your doctor to test you for UREAPLASMA/MYCOPLASMA infection. A study online indicated that about half of the women who get BV also have a UREA/MYCOPLASMA infection.

Once I finished the Levaquin, I bought the Vagisil PH screening kit and tested my PH, which was finally normal (it was not normal after the Flagyl). I also continue to take 1 capsule of Fem-dophilus daily to keep my vaginal flora in balance and enhance its ability to ward off future infections if pathogens are introduced.

I finally feel free. I ejoyed intimacy last week for the first time in 6 months with a guy I met about 1 month ago. It was nice, and I felt confident and clean. Take Fem-Dophilus daily and check your PH every so often if you suffer from recurrent BV. We must keep our vaginas healthy. wink.gif

***Sorry if post was too long.****

Wow! Long story hun. I think it's important for all the girls to get tested for everything. I was and I could not get a proper diagnosis. Proper diagnosis is the key to getting rid of chronic BV. This problem is so widespread now you would think doctors would be working on finding a cure for chronic BV. Oh, by the way, welcome to the board. smile.gif
Susie skinky pants
Update, I am so Happy!!!

Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors last week, and he call me today and said, I donít have bv,,,wait remember I been fighting this thing for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I have tried everything even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic nothing works!!

Well, he told me today that I donít have BV..WTF

I Have E coli in my VaginaÖI donít understand, I have been to all lot of doctor, he is number 4 this year alone, and they always tell me the same thing, all your test are neg, so it must be bvÖ

I really donít understand, but I thank GOD he found something,(10 years) and guess what, the symptoms I have, E coli does the same.

Well, he gave me ciprofloxacin, Pray to GOD it works!!

Well ladies this the first day, I will keep you updated!!

Good luck, I hope this helps someone...... NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!

horror_movie
THANKS FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION WITH US. I'M GOING TO THE DOCTOR TO GET TESTED FOR UREAPLASMA/ MYCOPLASMA /E coli!!
arj75
I found an article online under http://usnews.com/articles written by Jennifer Thomas posted July 30 2009. It was a case study of women with bacterial vaginosis; those who were taking birth control and those who were not. The study was done to determine whether birth control could help lower the risk of reoccuring BV. The study indicated that 58% of the women who began using birth control that only had the hormone progestin (like the shot Depo-Provera) had a 58% chance of not developing another BV infection. The pill that had both estrogen and progestin much lower at 34%.
neverending
QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Sep 14 2009, 11:00 PM) *
Update, I am so Happy!!!
Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors last week, and he call me today and said, I donít have bv,,,wait remember I been fighting this thing for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I have tried everything even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic nothing works!!

I Have E coli in my VaginaÖI donít understand, I have been to all lot of doctor, he is number 4 this year alone, and they always tell me the same thing, all your test are neg, so it must be bvÖ

I really donít understand, but I thank GOD he found something,(10 years) and guess what, the symptoms I have, E coli does the same.

Nothing works for most women. I really feel BV is hormone related because most women did not get BV until Birth control use, after child birth, or when a women first gets her period. So, my guess is hormones but everyone is different. Just something I came up with.
andreajones021
Ok ladies, Good news, I went to the doctors endure week, and he alarm me today and said, I donít accept bv,,,wait bethink I been angry this affair for about 10 Years!! But I told him the antibiotics( Flagyl, Tidmax, cim,I accept approved aggregate even natural, Fem dophilliss, boric Acid, probonic annihilation works!!

QUOTE(precious83 @ Aug 24 2007, 09:49 AM) *
to all the ladies: is it possible b.v. can be smelled by other people? I am very self conscious and worried people can smell b.v. from me. What are some products you guys can recommend that I use to keep things in control. I used today restore vitamin c tablets for two days and it was a living hell. Do not waste your money on that garbage. it gave me a yeast infection and made the smell ten times worse. I hate when i try to keep things in control then all of a sudden I try something new and it just makes things worse. Now i have to use tercazol for the yeast and acidic gel for the smell. This is tearing apart my relationship with my husband. I dont like him creeping up on me when im using the restroom. he makes a big deal about it. am I wrong? Another thing is that i hate going out. If i do i tend to want to leave quickly. should i tell him about bv? I feel like he will not have pitty on me if i do tell him. he'll tell me to get over it since i let it control me.

Thanks in advance everyone

I too had some issues with BV. It was so uncomfortable worried people would smell it. I douched daily with peroxide and water. It would take away the smell and sometimes make it go away for a while. But it would leave me very dry and the BV would come back right after my period. I tried so many differnt options, including doctor treatments of antibiotics. These treatments would give me a yeast infection, which I would treat, then the BV would return. It was a nightmare. The worst is emarassment during and after sex. Sex seems to make the smell worse or sometimes I didn't know it was back until I was having it. I had no idea how to control that.

Eventually, I came out with it and told my guy that I had issues with maintaining the balance in that area and needed to get some probiotics. Well, I don't think he really wanted to know the details and I didn't wanna give them, but he used to work at a health food store and told me not to worry about it, he knows of some really good ones and will get them for me. I can't remember the exact name of them, but it was something like Dr. Murphy's Women Health Probiotics. I also, picked up some douche called Yeast Gaurd. It is perioxide, probiotics, and water. Though it is designed for yeast infections, the same thing is used to treat BV. I used it 6 days in a row. I was free and clear of the discharge and odor!!!!

After I finished the bottle of probiotics, I was just too lazy to get another bottle. All seemed well fo about 2 months or so after I stopped taking them, but then I get my period and bam! It was back!!!! And what do ya know.... The health food store was out of the only probiotics that have ever worked for me. So, right now I am trying the NOW brand probiotics and started the Yeast Gaurd doche process. Seems to be working again. Thank God!!! But now I know to stay on the probiotics, exspecially during and after my period which seems to be my trigger. I think I went three months total without an occurance and that was the longest I have went in a really long time. It was such a relief.

After this long story, I guess my point is that you would be suprised how understanding some guys could be when it comes to women's issues. Every bf of mine has been very understanding. Though, I don't like to give to much detail. But, what a relief to get all that worry off your shoulders and even get some help. I know it is sooo emarassing, but if he doesn't know what is going on, he will think you are just pushing him away and that might hurt your relationship. Good luck!
mel0793
QUOTE(gpink26 @ Sep 1 2009, 07:24 PM) *

Hello everyone I am very new to this site. But BV has been my best friend until a week ago! I'm going to tell all of you how to get rid of it so you won't have to pay the doctor anymore and give the pharmacies money. So here we go:
3% hydrogen peroxide

So what your going to do is fill your empty douche bottle up with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 distilled water.
Then lay in your bathtub and douche like regular.Now it's going to boil, but not burn all this mean is the peroxide is killing the bad bacteria. (get it! It's used this way for cuts and sore its ok!)This process kills the smell and the discharge so lie there for 5 minutes with it in your vagina.

Stand up now so it runs out you may notice that it sucked some infection in your bottle so pour this out and mix another batch 1/2-3% peroxide and 1/2 distilled water do the same process and lie there 5 more minutes. Then with the other bottle fill it with distilled water and rinse out your vagina. ) Now use whatever you brougth to replace the PH-Balance in you vagina: like I said it could be insert from the health food store is which I have found best. You can do this like once in the morning and then at night before going to bed. DO THIS FOR THREE (3) DAYS!

Now the Folic Acid is for your use because the vagina wall gets weak from having odor and discharge that why it hurt during sexual intercourse, so these pills help the vagina wall get strong.

Take at least 1600mg a day the first week...such as four(4)- 400mg a day and then 800mg a day(2 vitamins) the next week for a week or until you feel better.

The Acidophilus puts the good bacteria back into the vagina and fixes it's PH-balance, if you was wondering. And it's safe and doesn't burn.

JUST REMEMBER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SEX, PREGNANCY, EATING TOO MUCH SUGAR, WEARING TIGHT CLOTHES,OR EVEN HORMONAL IMBALANCE; YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG TO GET THIS. PEOPLE AND YOUR DOCTOR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A DIRT BAG ABOUT BV, BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE!

GOD BLESS YOU GALS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SEND ME A PERSONAL NOTE OR REPLY. WE LADIES HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER! rolleyes.gif

By the way leave metro-gel and metronizadole alone cause the BV get immune to it after all I know I had 11 refills cause the doctors told me it wasn't no point in coming back to see him. It was nothing he could do!

Yeast Gaurd Douches are my new best friend! they have all the things mentioned above; peroxiode and probiotics. They work great! Mine are definatly caused by hormones because I seem to get them sometime around my peroid.
hopeless in Ga
QUOTE(gpink26 @ Sep 1 2009, 07:24 PM) *

3% hydrogen peroxide

Is it essential that you use the folic acid with vit B supplements? If so do you start taking it after your 3 days or during?
severelyunhappy
Hello

I'm 19 and I've been having a few cases of recurring BV. Every other time I've had it, it's gone away in a day or so, for whatever reason. This is the first time it's lasted as long as it has, currently about four days. When it's really bad I feel like I need to pee every few minutes, and when I do, not much urine comes out but it's very painful. I do have a faint fishy smell sometimes, but mostly it smells strongly of ammonia. These past few days my outer labia have been noticeably redder and itchier, as well.

This has been making my life miserable these past few days! It seems to get better later on in the day, and when I wake up the next day it starts all over again and gets terrible for a few hours before it finally subsides a bit. I'm thankful for that at least, or I'd be curled up in bed all day wishing I could just go to sleep so this pain and urge to constantly pee would just go away!

I went to the gyno about two years back and he gave me a prescription for something that treats BV, but he never told me anything about having BV! I looked it up online and was really perplexed, but at the time I had no symptoms of BV so I left it alone and never did anything about it. A while after that, though, I did show signs of BV but had no idea what they were and didn't make the connection. Once it started getting really bad, however, I looked it up and it all clicked.

I then went to a different gyno about it and told him all my symptoms, and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with me at all. He took tests and never called me back, which he told me would mean nothing was positive.

Now that this is occurring again I feel a strong need to go back, maybe to a different doctor, and try to sort some things out. But I'm afraid of the antibiotics they might give me. sad.gif So many people say they do absolutely nothing for them, except maybe give them yeast infections, which I certainly don't want! Should I try all of these natural home remedies before I try these prescribed medicines? I'm a college student living on campus, and I'll admit that maybe my diet could use a healthier revamping. I think I should start taking some vitamins you guys have suggested for this, and maybe eat yoghurt daily. I'm just so afraid that my doctor might end up making it worse, rather than better.

Sorry if this is so long! I just had to vent somewhere.
mfc10
QUOTE(severelyunhappy @ Sep 27 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Hello

I'm 19 and I've been having a few cases of recurring BV. Every other time I've had it, it's gone away in a day or so, for whatever reason. This is the first time it's lasted as long as it has, currently about four days. When it's really bad I feel like I need to pee every few minutes, and when I do, not much urine comes out but it's very painful. I do have a faint fishy smell sometimes, but mostly it smells strongly of ammonia. These past few days my outer labia have been noticeably redder and itchier, as well.

This has been making my life miserable these past few days!

All I can do is tell you what I would do in your situation. First, your main problem is likely a urinary tract infection/bladder infection/cystitis. You need to get that under control, which, unfortunately, means antibiotics for at least a few days. You will need to see a doctor or go to a clinic to have a urine specimen taken, then cultured for a specific bacteria. They will probably get you started on an antibiotic in the meantime; then, if the culture shows a bacteria that's not susceptible to the antibiotic they put you on, they will prescribe another.
While on the antibiotic, if it were me, I would start inserting (vaginally) tea tree oil suppositories. These are available at many healthfood stores and online. This will act as an inhibitor to yeast. It also has been helpful to me (and to some others here) to control BV. Once your bladder infection clears up and you have copmpleted your course of antibiotics, you can try one of the other treatments mentioned on here (such as boric acid, my favorite---it got rid of both my BV and complicated yeast infection). Also, while on the antibiotic and after, start taking Fem Dophilus (search for it online) which is made up of two patented strains of Lactobacilli that have been proven to colonize the vagina and the urethral area (so it will help prevent both vaginal and bladder infections!). Anyway, that's how I would attack this problem if it were me.
All the best,
Maggie C.
ahtnamas
QUOTE(severelyunhappy @ Sep 27 2009, 02:37 PM) *
Hello

This has been making my life miserable these past few days! It seems to get better later on in the day, and when I wake up the next day it starts all over again and gets terrible for a few hours before it finally subsides a bit. I'm thankful for that at least, or I'd be curled up in bed all day wishing I could just go to sleep so this pain and urge to constantly pee would just go away!

I went to the gyno about two years back and he gave me a prescription for something that treats BV, but he never told me anything about having BV! I looked it up online and was really perplexed, but at the time I had no symptoms of BV so I left it alone and never did anything about it. A while after that, though, I did show signs of BV but had no idea what they were and didn't make the connection. Once it started getting really bad, however, I looked it up and it all clicked.

I then went to a different gyno about it and told him all my symptoms, and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with me at all. He took tests and never called me back, which he told me would mean nothing was positive.

Now that this is occurring again I feel a strong need to go back, maybe to a different doctor, and try to sort some things out. But I'm afraid of the antibiotics they might give me. sad.gif So many people say they do absolutely nothing for them, except maybe give them yeast infections, which I certainly don't want! Should I try all of these natural home remedies before I try these prescribed medicines? I'm a college student living on campus, and I'll admit that maybe my diet could use a healthier revamping. I think I should start taking some vitamins you guys have suggested for this, and maybe eat yoghurt daily. I'm just so afraid that my doctor might end up making it worse, rather than better.

Sorry if this is so long! I just had to vent somewhere.

I've been having the same problems and I'm 18 =( so I know that it really sucks. It really feels as if you can't do anything because of the burning and itching. And I've had doctors tell me it was sex related...it only made me feel worse because I couldn't even enjoy something totally normal like sex. But knowing other women are going through the same thing as me really helps a lot. Right now, I'm trying out the hydrogen peroxide douches, along with the acidophilus and folic acid supplements. It seems to working. Also, I got my period right before I wanted to try this so I held off on the douches until it was over, but while I had my period it seemed to disappear, only to come back as soon as my period left. So I've been at it for one day now and hoping for some improvement. The douche relieved me almost instantly, and I hope it'll be long-term. Something else I try to do is not use heavily perfumed soaps while showering (like Irish Spring. The stronger it smells, the worse it probably is for you). And don't use soap directly on or around the vagina.That seems to make it worse, so I just use warm water when I get close to that area. Also taking baths isn't a good idea. Bacteria filled bath water probably isn't a good idea when it's getting up inside your vagina.
severelyunhappy
Update!

Went to the gyno today, and BAM, UTI/BV. They said they found all sorts of things in my urine that really shouldn't be there: white blood cells, blood, etc..

The doctor gave me three prescriptions to combat this. Flagyl for the BV, Macrobid for the UTI and Diflucan for the yeast infection I'm probably going to have for one reason or another. Sounds like a fun few days of medication, but if it helps I'm certainly not complaining, ahah.
Happynow
laugh.gif
Happynow
QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Aug 23 2009, 06:25 PM) *
BV for over 10 years... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ok..what I cant undersand is..the foul smelling discharge..when I am at work it is so bad that the whole front office smells this everday..I am so scared I going to get fired..I have tried everthing..you name itI tried it...But why is it so foul..sometimes fishy but foul..and the worse thing is everyone know its you..man sometimes I wish I could just kill myself..its that bad..and the doctors..no help..and the meds.. do not work anymore..oh does anyone else have that problem..I tell the doctor that the meds dont work anymore and they look at you like something wrong with you..I really starting to think there right..I just want to live a normal life..that all..Help anyone!!

QUOTE(Susie skinky pants @ Sep 14 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Update, I am so Happy!!!

Update:

No more susieskinypants,
Well, the ciprofloxacin, didnít work the first time, so the Doctor gave me another Prescription for ten more days and some vag cream, I am sad to say it didnít workÖbut I did feel difference, like my whole insides felt like they were falling outÖI thinking the e coli was colonized.(really Bad)

Remember the doctor for many year thought I had BV, cause of the smell, and other symptoms..

Also Ladies I never went to the same doctors, I have learn though thisÖwhen the meds donít work for you, do not try natural remedies right awayÖ. go back to your doctor and be firm and tell Him to run more tests, even if you get nasty nurses, donít worry about what they think, make them do their job, I had to tell one of them I donít care if I getting on your nerves calling so much .I just want to get well..Do your jobÖ.any who..

Well, the doctor was stumped; he didnít understand why it didnít workÖ
So I remember a few years back, I went to the emergency room and they said I had a UTI and gave Bactrim, so I ask him for it, so he called it in..

Do you know by the second day, with a bedine douche, no smell,,

I am finished all meds..no smell..This week has been scary, I have smell bad for so long I keep think I smell something..but Its just me..
Ladies the smell and discharge is gone..Thank GOD!!

I hope this helps someone, Good Luck and NEVER give up!!
swt simplicity
"Woe is me;" my other account got frozen, but I found this new product called Florajen. The product description says: "Florajen high potency acidophilus is especially effective for restoring and maintaining a healthy, comfortable balance of vaginal flora. It is also beneficial for overall intestinal health and strengthening the immune system (source)." It doesn't seem like a phony product since its exclusively sold in medical supply stores, and pharmacies, and I think it [could] be found in health food stores. I'm assuming from the positive reviews on Florajen that it could potentially be another great find. Does anyone here have any prior experiences using this product?

Swt Simplicity
yme
QUOTE(Happynow @ Oct 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Update:

No more susieskinypants,
Well, the ciprofloxacin, didnít work the first time, so the Doctor gave me another Prescription for ten more days and some vag cream, I am sad to say it didnít workÖbut I did feel difference, like my whole insides felt like they were falling outÖI thinking the e coli was colonized.(really Bad)

Remember the doctor for many year thought I had BV, cause of the smell, and other symptoms..

Also Ladies I never went to the same doctors, I have learn though thisÖwhen the meds donít work for you, do not try natural remedies right awayÖ. go back to your doctor and be firm and tell Him to run more tests, even if you get nasty nurses, donít worry about what they think, make them do their job, I had to tell one of them I donít care if I getting on your nerves calling so much .I just want to get well..Do your jobÖ.any who..

Well, the doctor was stumped; he didnít understand why it didnít workÖ
So I remember a few years back, I went to the emergency room and they said I had a UTI and gave Bactrim, so I ask him for it, so he called it in..

Do you know by the second day, with a bedine douche, no smell,,

I am finished all meds..no smell..This week has been scary, I have smell bad for so long I keep think I smell something..but Its just me..
Ladies the smell and discharge is gone..Thank GOD!!

I hope this helps someone, Good Luck and NEVER give up!!

Oh that is great news, I am so happy for you I envy you right now I have BV 11 years strong and right this minute I smell like garbage I hate this so much it makes me want to cry. I cant give up I will figure something out. I hope this is it for you and I wish you well and dont be a stranger.
horror_movie
I went to my doctor to get my results and I found out that hormone level is good but I have strep B which i never had in my life and just finding out about it after 20 pap smears. I'm thinking its a relief now all I need is my meds to get rid of it. My doctor told me strep B don't have any symptoms only if you were pregnant and she not going give me anything to treat it. So I'm walking around with strep B in my vagina. She also have the nerves to say that vagina are not suppose to smell like roses shit b4 this bad bacteria end up in my vagina it actually smell like roses. Now it musty fishy and I'm tired of it and doctors who don't take my situation serious. My doctor needs to realizes I want to get better not get hook on meds. What should I do you all?
swt simplicity
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 16 2009, 11:34 PM) *
I went to my doctor to get my results and I found out that hormone level is good but I have strep B which i never had in my life and just finding out about it after 20 pap smears. I'm thinking its a relief now all I need is my meds to get rid of it. My doctor told me strep B don't have any symptoms only if you were pregnant and she not going give me anything to treat it. So I'm walking around with strep B in my vagina. She also have the nerves to say that vagina are not suppose to smell like roses shit b4 this bad bacteria end up in my vagina it actually smell like roses. Now it musty fishy and I'm tired of it and doctors who don't take my situation serious. My doctor needs to realizes I want to get better not get hook on meds. What should I do you all?

Your doctor is actually right about the Group B Strep. About 25% of women carry GBS in their vaginal tract, or their rectum, although there are rarely any signs or symptoms; it's virtually harmless in adults. There are some cases were GBS can cause unusual discharge and bladder infections, which your doctor didn't mention. You can try making a case with your gynecologist and tell him/her this really bothers you.
Do you know what strain (or strains) of bacterial vaginosis your dealing with? That alone could change everything. Some strains are just more "stubborn," and require a different approach instead of the regular course of treatment. And ... the golden standard for maintaining vaginal health: continue your probiotic regimen.

horror_movie
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Oct 17 2009, 08:48 AM) *
Your doctor is actually right about the Group B Strep. About 25% of women carry GBS in their vaginal tract, or their rectum, although there are rarely any signs or symptoms; it's virtually harmless in adults. There are some cases were GBS can cause unusual discharge and bladder infections, which your doctor didn't mention. You can try making a case with your gynecologist and tell him/her this really bothers you.
Do you know what strain (or strains) of bacterial vaginosis your dealing with? That alone could change everything. Some strains are just more "stubborn," and require a different approach instead of the regular course of treatment. And ... the golden standard for maintaining vaginal health: continue your probiotic regimen.

No I don't know what strain(s) of bacteria vaginosis I have but I do know that that the odor and the discharge is driving me nuts.
How do you find out what strain of bacteria? I'm going make an appointment for obgyn on Monday morning.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 17 2009, 11:43 PM) *
No I don't know what strain(s) of bacteria vaginosis I have but I do know that that the odor and the discharge is driving me nuts.
How do you find out what strain of bacteria? I'm going make an appointment for obgyn on Monday morning.

Speaking from experience, my gynecologist pretty much said which strains of yeast after she diagnosed me. I'm not sure if every gynecologist is supposed to tell you what strains of bacteria (or yeast) your dealing with, but my situation was different. It's like your gynecologist isn't really telling you what you need to know; like information on the resistant strains of bacterial vaginosis ... among other things.

You should consider reading "The V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Health" by Elizabeth G. Stewart M.D. I remember reading a sampling of this book from the clinic, and I didn't get around to buying the whole copy, until last week. If there's any book you should read on vaginal health, this is definitely the one. There's a whole chapter on bacterial vaginosis, odor, discharge, and pretty much anything that's based on vaginal health ... kind of like a vaginal health bible. And you know what, I never knew that the vulva could have allergies, actual allergies that could cause it to react. I wish she wrote more about natural remedies though, that would really "clear the air" with a lot of the things going around. I think there's a free except of the book on barnesandnoble.com.

Good luck with you next visit to the gynecologist!
horror_movie
Thanks for the info I going look for that book online. I will surely keep you updated on my next obgyn appointment.
Crazy thing is that I went to a psychic person to find what going on with my health and she told me I'm going through
allergic reaction...... but I really never look into it but now I am.
yme
WAKE UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS EVERYONE??????????????????

So I am starting to see a pattern and I hope I can analyze what is happening to my body and get rid of this BV forever.

I was put on Birth Control pills for very heavy periods and I donít take them like I should, so I went almost a month without taking them and my period didn't come until almost two months later. Oh boy was I in for a shock. I was bleeding for six weeks straight and it never gave me a light day. Every day for six weeks I was going through tampons, pads, and tissue. All I would hear was a continuous "BA-DOOP" sound when I would sit on the toilet. It was heavy and it smelled terrible, which meant for 6 weeks I smelled worse than I ever did in my entire life.

I rushed to refill my Birth Control but no luck, I still was bleeding heavy and just when I had enough and was ready to go to the doctor, the Birth Control finally kicked in after about a week and the bleeding just stopped completely. YEAH!!!! I got hold of some BalanceActiv and it worked a little.

Right now I have hardly any discharge and the smell it a lot better but not completely gone.

Bottom line when I stop taking the birth control pills I have been taking for almost a year, it sent my hormones into an attack state and my period wouldn't stop until I was able to bring it under control with my Birth Control.

I was losing lotz of blood everyday and the bacteria was simply accumulating and so was the discharge.

Now I take my Birth Control every morning at a certain time and I really think it keeps my heavy periods in check.
horror_movie
QUOTE(yme @ Oct 29 2009, 08:37 PM) *
WAKE UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS EVERYONE??????????????????
So I am starting to see a pattern and I hope I can analyze what is happening to my body and get rid of this BV forever.
I was put on Birth Control pills for very heavy periods and I donít take them like I should, so I went almost a month without taking them and my period didn't come until almost two months later. Oh boy was I in for a shock. I was bleeding for six weeks straight and it never gave me a light day. Every day for six weeks I was going through tampons, pads, and tissue. All I would hear was a continuous "BA-DOOP" sound when I would sit on the toilet. It was heavy and it smelled terrible, which meant for 6 weeks I smelled worse than I ever did in my entire life.

I rushed to refill my Birth Control but no luck, I still was bleeding heavy and just when I had enough and was ready to go to the doctor, the Birth Control finally kicked in after about a week and the bleeding just stopped completely. YEAH!!!! I got hold of some BalanceActiv and it worked a little.

Right now I have hardly any discharge and the smell it a lot better but not completely gone.

Bottom line when I stop taking the birth control pills I have been taking for almost a year, it sent my hormones into an attack state and my period wouldn't stop until I was able to bring it under control with my Birth Control.

I was losing lotz of blood everyday and the bacteria was simply accumulating and so was the discharge.

Now I take my Birth Control every morning at a certain time and I really think it keeps my heavy periods in check.

This board died down because all of the discouragement!! Wow 6 weeks of bleeding the crazy thing about that I went through the same thing exactly 6 weeks and i was also bleeding heavy but the difference is I wasn't on any birth control. It went away on the 6 week. I''m still going through this bad bacteria hell waiting for my appointment next week at the obgyn hopefully they can help me!!
WinterIce
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 30 2009, 07:13 PM) *
This board died down because all of the discouragement!! Wow 6 weeks of bleeding the crazy thing about that I went through the same thing exactly 6 weeks and i was also bleeding heavy but the difference is I wasn't on any birth control. It went away on the 6 week. I''m still going through this bad bacteria hell waiting for my appointment next week at the obgyn hopefully they can help me!!

I recently bought an over the counter homeopathic BV treatment by vh essentials for $25. Its a pill insert for 6 days. Im not sure if it works since my period started immediately after I used 1 pill, so I will have to wait and see to continue but as of now, I carry no foul smell and as of a matter of fact my period hasnt carried any odor at all. Not sure how long it works.

http://www.lakeconsumer.com/pages/vh_products.html

Hope it helps!
neverending
well ladies, IT'S BACK! This BV thing is puzzling. I have a faint fish smell and I really don't know where to start again. I guess I'll start with Oatstraw tea! I have had this crap for a decade. When does this go away for good?! Ugh!
neverending
QUOTE(horror_movie @ Oct 17 2009, 04:34 AM) *

Musty like you need deodorant right? Yeap, I've had that too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.