Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
andwhatnot
OK ladies, my first time here. Here beccause I just experienced the most mortifying thing ever. Long story short . . new lover
3rd time having xes
during xes room overcome with horrid smell.
We keep up the action because it still feels good
but I could not act like i
didn't smell it so I say "oh!,
P . . . . kinda ripe tonight huh? He laughed it off.
We finished up, showered, talked normally, slept
but he didn't want more in the morning, which
he usually does. Question how do you recover from such
embarrassment with someone you really don't know.
We moved really fast in the xes department . . mybad.
He didn't call the next day or the next. But just called me
now. I'm totally embarr and don't think I wanna face him again.
He wanted to go down but i refused him what a dead giveaway.
yme30
QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Nov 28 2009, 08:28 PM) *
OK ladies, my first time here. Here beccause I just experienced the most mortifying thing ever. Long story short . . new lover
3rd time having xes
during xes room overcome with horrid smell.
We keep up the action because it still feels good
but I could not act like i
didn't smell it so I say "oh!,
P . . . . kinda ripe tonight huh? He laughed it off.
We finished up, showered, talked normally, slept
but he didn't want more in the morning, which
he usually does. Question how do you recover from such
embarrassment with someone you really don't know.
We moved really fast in the xes department . . mybad.
He didn't call the next day or the next. But just called me
now. I'm totally embarr and don't think I wanna face him again.
He wanted to go down but i refused him what a dead giveaway.

So do you have a bacterial infection and if so then go to the doc or try a home remedy method. Dont be embarr the fact that he still called and wants to go "down" is a good thing you just have to see whats going on "down" there first
yme30
QUOTE(WinterIce @ Nov 27 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Thanks! I used Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, I purchased it from GNC. It can be used for as a home remedy for many things towards good health. I put a shallow bath and poured a cup and a half of apple cider vinegar in and soaked for 10-15 minutes. It immediately diminshed the foul smell.

I was also began using the vh essentials bv treatment purchased from rite aid, cvs or walgreens, I used the pill inserts for 6 days the max. Its a homeopathic so its natural. This eliminated the smell as well.

Thanks for the info. I went to the store today I happen to see Greek organic yogurt with 4 live cultures in it so I decided to give it a try. What I will do is put some on a tampon an insert vaginally for three weeks every night and see what happens. I will also reduce my stress levels and try some breathing exercises. I notice the smell and discharge is the strongest when I am stress, upset, or in a rush.

Tonight I was itching really badly so when I use the tampon with yogurt on it the itch went away almost instantly now if it could just kill the smell and do away with the discharge I'd be more than content.

BV and yeast infections have taken over my life for almost 15 years and I am almost 30 years old with this crap. I must say the smell hasn't been as bad and the discharge isn't as heavy in 15 years so I guess my body is trying to finally fight off the bad bacteria. I pray this goes away soon. Will keep everyone posted. Good luck to you and everyone else.
andwhatnot
QUOTE(yme30 @ Nov 28 2009, 10:16 PM) *
So do you have a bacterial infection and if so then go to the doc or try a home remedy method. Dont be embarr the fact that he still called and wants to go "down" is a good thing you just have to see whats going on "down" there first

Yes. I've been diagnosed with BV. took a course for aweek and may have skipped or missed a dose so maybe it didn't work. I didn't know until it was too late. Question - do I say something to the guy about it or act like it didn't happen. He's not a dummy and my quip was out of nervous embarrasment. More importantly, He knows people I know. I'm really worried about him telling. I'm glad I don't have the sitting down/gettingup/badsmell problem, but mine is just as bad. I think I'm going to be celibate for a while. I just bought Fem-D, and now taking Metro-ge 4th day and have downed a Diflucan because I can feel a yeast coming on. I hate my pussy right now! She's like a best friend who slept with my boyfriend. Ilove her, but I can't stand or forgive her for the betrayal.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Nov 30 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Yes. I've been diagnosed with BV. took a course for aweek and may have skipped or missed a dose so maybe it didn't work. I didn't know until it was too late. Question - do I say something to the guy about it or act like it didn't happen. He's not a dummy and my quip was out of nervous embarrasment. More importantly, He knows people I know. I'm really worried about him telling. I'm glad I don't have the sitting down/gettingup/badsmell problem, but mine is just as bad. I think I'm going to be celibate for a while. I just bought Fem-D, and now taking Metro-ge 4th day and have downed a Diflucan because I can feel a yeast coming on. I hate my pussy right now! She's like a best friend who slept with my boyfriend. Ilove her, but I can't stand or forgive her for the betrayal.

If you feel you can trust this guy, then you can tell him. You don't have to say anything if you don't feel comfortable with the idea. A lot of women feel relieved after telling someone close, because then that person won't make assumptions as to why there is a questionable smell or odor after sex, or what ever the situation may be. I really do hope your infection clears up. It's so saddening to hear a woman suffering from a vaginal odor, it's so embarrassing, and such a blow to your self esteem mellow.gif .
andwhatnot
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Nov 30 2009, 04:23 PM) *
If you feel you can trust this guy, then you can tell him. You don't have to say anything if you don't feel comfortable with the idea. A lot of women feel relieved after telling someone close, because then that person won't make assumptions as to why there is a questionable smell or odor after sex, or what ever the situation may be. I really do hope your infection clears up. It's so saddening to hear a woman suffering from a vaginal odor, it's so embarrassing, and such a blow to your self esteem mellow.gif .

I'm mad, not sad or embarrassed anymore. It is life and something I have to deal with. More importantly, my vagina does not make me who I am so my self esteem is fine. Thanks for the reply.
sea star
QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Nov 30 2009, 06:49 PM) *

You don't need to explane your self to him,he probably knows,men like to talk about this stuff with their male friends,they usually talk trash.
There are a lot of information on the internet about BV,if he looked it up,he knows exately what it is.
He is not your gynocologist so you don't need to explain your self.
Lolasaurus
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Nov 30 2009, 04:23 PM) *

And I definitely am not advocating that andwhatnot take this hit alone (I "came out" to my partner), but I really only see good things coming from bringing male awareness to BV.

Their moms, sisters, friends, and girlfriends have likely had it at one point or another, it does often take a debilitating toll on a woman's self-esteem, and in the event of a breakup (or in this case, in the event of a hookup abolishment), you'll be sending an educated, hopefully more sensitive dude back out into the dating/hookup pool wink.gif

QUOTE(sea star @ Nov 30 2009, 07:34 PM) *
You don't need to explane your self to him,he probably knows,men like to talk about this stuff with their male friends,they usually talk trash.
There are a lot of information on the internet about BV,if he looked it up,he knows exately what it is.
He is not your gynocologist so you don't need to explain your self.

You might be satisfied with the whole "she nasty her pussy stank like fish lololol" trash talk that young, ignorant men have been perpetuating for godknows how long, but I think we all deserve better.

If she hasn't told him "I have bacterial vaginosis," it's highly unlikely that homeboy has any clue what she's going through, or perhaps more importantly, how common it is.

Just my .02
yme30
Everyone is different, for me this BV has destroyed my self esteem. I dress nice, nice size, nice face but the smell and the discharge taunts my self-esteem everyday. I sit down for five minutes and the smell starts to take control, I get up nervously and everyone is looking at me like I am some kind of "dirty girl" they have no idea what I go through everyday if only they knew.

Itís a major turn off when guys take interest in me and then smell this awful odor, I feel rejected, lonely, confused, and hurt by what this BV is doing to my life. I just want my old life back I want to be an innocent kid again. I have no idea what I have done to carry this burden for well over a decade. People keep asking why am I "single" why am I not "dating."

Well because I smell like garbage everyday all day and I have tried almost everything. I'd rather be in misery by myself than to have company not fair to the other person.
Happynow
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 1 2009, 12:32 AM) *
Everyone is different, for me this BV has destroyed my self esteem. I dress nice, nice size, nice face but the smell and the discharge taunts my self-esteem everyday. I sit down for five minutes and the smell starts to take control, I get up nervously and everyone is looking at me like I am some kind of "dirty girl" they have no idea what I go through everyday if only they knew.

Itís a major turn off when guys take interest in me and then smell this awful odor, I feel rejected, lonely, confused, and hurt by what this BV is doing to my life. I just want my old life back I want to be an innocent kid again. I have no idea what I have done to carry this burden for well over a decade. People keep asking why am I "single" why am I not "dating."

Well because I smell like garbage everyday all day and I have tried almost everything. I'd rather be in misery by myself than to have company not fair to the other person.

I feel your pain, I feel the same way at times, I have to put on a good face for my kids, but Yme, you are not the only one. And remember itís nothing you did to deserve this...shit, none of us deserve This. I guess we will all have to pray for each other.

Hey I tried something new, I did a sis bathe with tea tree oil yesterday, and no smell for now..I thought about it after she posted about the Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, I didnít have any, so I used tea tree oil, and it worked, I donít know for how long..But it worked!
sea star
QUOTE(Lolasaurus @ Dec 1 2009, 11:08 AM) *
And I definitely am not advocating that andwhatnot take this hit alone (I "came out" to my partner), but I really only see good things coming from bringing male awareness to BV.

Their moms, sisters, friends, and girlfriends have likely had it at one point or another, it does often take a debilitating toll on a woman's self-esteem, and in the event of a breakup (or in this case, in the event of a hookup abolishment), you'll be sending an educated, hopefully more sensitive dude back out into the dating/hookup pool wink.gif
You might be satisfied with the whole "she nasty her pussy stank like fish lololol" trash talk that young, ignorant men have been perpetuating for godknows how long, but I think we all deserve better.

If she hasn't told him "I have bacterial vaginosis," it's highly unlikely that homeboy has any clue what she's going through, or perhaps more importantly, how common it is.

Just my .02

How can I be satisfied with the whole"she nasty her pussy stank like fish lololol" trash talk".That's how men act,it's not my fault that men act like that.They talked trash behind my back and in my face,I don't plan to explain anything to those jerks.
I went to school with this problem,so you think that I should of explain in front of everybody why my vagina smells,to my teachers and to the whole class and those stupid jerks that made my highschool living hell.
I have my dignity and my pride and I know how much I worth and I don't plan to explain my self to nobody.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 1 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Hey I tried something new, I did a sis bathe with tea tree oil yesterday, and no smell for now..I thought about it after she posted about the Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, I didnít have any, so I used tea tree oil, and it worked, I donít know for how long..But it worked!

Sprinkling a little cornstarch in your underwear is a safe and easy way to reduce odor and wetness. People actually use cornstarch in their shoes to prevent athletes foot and foot odor, under the arm for sweating, and of course, it can be used for baking smile.gif.
andwhatnot
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 1 2009, 12:32 AM) *

Hey ladies, I'm cute, even sexy, nice shape, good personality, petite. I'm beautiful, but I want to tell this guy "Hey I'm not a dirty girl, by no means. I've not had unprotected sex in a year. I'm glad we're talking about this. this is another case of women suffering in silence from something out of our complete control. Men do need to be aware. I had a daydream that the guy I was with called me back. He hasn't called but once since the encounter (sympathy call) and he says to me " are you alright? Well, I'll wait until you get alright." What a dreamer I am! I don't think I can blame him tho. This is a new experience for me . . . it happening with a partner. The discharge is usually mild without the odour. And my odour is never an outerbody experience. It's only around my period or when I have and extremely vigorous encounter. My system goes haywire. The embarrassment comes and goes. I should have resisted the urge knowning I wasn't 100%. If he doesn't call me to even find out how I'm doing, I'll just forget about him display more self-awareness and control. Ladies, don't let it get the best of yous. There are men who understand these things and are willing to work. I haven't met him yet,but i'm full of hopeful optimism and pride.
yme30
QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Dec 1 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Hey ladies, I'm cute, even sexy, nice shape, good personality, petite. I'm beautiful, but I want to tell this guy "Hey I'm not a dirty girl, by no means. I've not had unprotected sex in a year. I'm glad we're talking about this. this is another case of women suffering in silence from something out of our complete control. Men do need to be aware. I had a daydream that the guy I was with called me back. He hasn't called but once since the encounter (sympathy call) and he says to me " are you alright? Well, I'll wait until you get alright." What a dreamer I am! I don't think I can blame him tho. This is a new experience for me . . . it happening with a partner. The discharge is usually mild without the odour. And my odour is never an outerbody experience. It's only around my period or when I have and extremely vigorous encounter. My system goes haywire. The embarrassment comes and goes. I should have resisted the urge knowning I wasn't 100%. If he doesn't call me to even find out how I'm doing, I'll just forget about him display more self-awareness and control. Ladies, don't let it get the best of yous. There are men who understand these things and are willing to work. I haven't met him yet,but i'm full of hopeful optimism and pride.

This is getting interesting because we are now talking about how to live with BV and have confidence in doing so, which has been very difficult for me.

I am a single female and I live with BV for 10+ years now itís been hard to get into a relationship because I am afraid of the BV. Now I am slowly starting to see that shouldn't be a reason why I deprive my self of happiness. Is not just about sex for me ladies I want to go out with my friends and relax and not think about BV, I want to live one single day and not think about BV. I would like to meet a good and decent intelligent man and not think about BV while with him.

If I start working on my self-esteem and self confidence little by little maybe I can learn to live with BV until I am able to get rid of this beast. I think about all the years that I have fret away I can never get them back I just pray to God for support and I pray for you guys as well. Maybe it is time I came out of the closet and stop hiding.
Happynow
I just would like to say thank you to all the ladies that posts here. I mean you guys are going thru all of the same issues and willing to share your experiences with me. I really appreciate it!!

Yme, and whatnot, you guys hit home for me. Dealing with bv and living with it, Well itís an emotional rollercoaster, That we all go thru and I glad we are talking aboutÖhey , its feel good to let it out!!

Oh, I used Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar last night with good results this morning, I will try this for a week and see what happen..Wish me luck AGAINÖ. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Damn, I can laugh about it..WOW laugh.gif
yme30
QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 2 2009, 08:57 AM) *
I just would like to say thank you to all the ladies that posts here. I mean you guys are going thru all of the same issues and willing to share your experiences with me. I really appreciate it!!

Yme, and whatnot, you guys hit home for me. Dealing with bv and living with it, Well itís an emotional rollercoaster, That we all go thru and I glad we are talking aboutÖhey , its feel good to let it out!!

Oh, I used Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar last night with good results this morning, I will try this for a week and see what happen..Wish me luck AGAINÖ. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Damn, I can laugh about it..WOW laugh.gif

No doubt it feels good to just let it out. Itís a big relief!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess we donít have to go through this alone, we have one another even if it is online.

I am still doing the yogurt inserts and I see a change in discharge but smell not so much. I have four more days to go so I am not throwing in the towel. I know that the yogurt insert is kind of old and has been tried many times before but I have a good feeling about this. I have other options lined up just in case, like the Braggs ACV and the Vh essentials. I wonít give up ladies but at the same time I am going to start living life and learn to smile more and trust God.

Happynow glad to hear the ACV is working please keep us posted.

Happynow
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:23 AM) *
No doubt it feels good to just let it out. Itís a big relief!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess we donít have to go through this alone, we have one another even if it is online.

I am still doing the yogurt inserts and I see a change in discharge but smell not so much. I have four more days to go so I am not throwing in the towel. I know that the yogurt insert is kind of old and has been tried many times before but I have a good feeling about this. I have other options lined up just in case, like the Braggs ACV and the Vh essentials. I wonít give up ladies but at the same time I am going to start living life and learn to smile more and trust God.

Happynow glad to hear the ACV is working please keep us posted.

Yme be careful of the yogurt, thatís how I got the E COLI. I had no idea you could get Vaginal E coli from yogurt, but my doctor explained it to meÖ blink.gif

Oh yea, I am so surprised that the ACV is working..I am going to buy some more VH essentials today. Hopefully the combo of the two will give me a longer relief!

Good luck!!

yme30
QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 2 2009, 12:55 PM) *
Yme be careful of the yogurt, thatís how I got the E COLI. I had no idea you could get Vaginal E coli from yogurt, but my doctor explained it to meÖ blink.gif

Oh yea, I am so surprised that the ACV is working..I am going to buy some more VH essentials today. Hopefully the combo of the two will give me a longer relief!

Good luck!!

Thatís it I am going to the doctor tomorrow I canít do this on my own. I am going to ask for the latest treatment for chronic BV and something to halt the yeast infection. I have to try a new doctor because my current doctor thinks its all in my head.

I hope I can get in tomorrow or maybe Friday. I will keep you guys updated have a good night.
Happynow
PSA...

Before going to see your OBGYNÖDo not use any vaginal medications, creams or douches for at least week prior to your appointment. This really helps the Doctors find the cause of the problem. JMO

swt simplicity
QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 2 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Thatís it I am going to the doctor tomorrow I canít do this on my own. I am going to ask for the latest treatment for chronic BV and something to halt the yeast infection. I have to try a new doctor because my current doctor thinks its all in my head.

I hope I can get in tomorrow or maybe Friday. I will keep you guys updated have a good night.

Do you have bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection, or do you develop a yeast infection after getting treated for bacterial vaginosis?
andwhatnot
I'm almost afraid to tell this out of fear that It will stop working. Folic Acid and Femdophilis = bye bye nasty smelly coochie. Read my past posts to get my history if ur interested but long story short is I found a webite where all the women were raving about this combination to rid our bodies of the BV monster. five days ago I pushed out a glob like I was in childbirth, today I'm smell free, muscous free, free! I'm ready to cry. 800 -1200 mg of Folic Acid + 2 FemD in the morning and 800 mg +1 FemD at night. check out the site www.earthclinic.com. I'll say no more.
andwhatnot
OK so . . . I thought it was safe to try sex again after days of FemD and Folic Acid. While not totally discharge free or odor free it's not as bad as before. After 4 days I can definitely see a difference. I'm going to keep up the maintenance and see what happens.
Happynow
I have a question, please ladies I need your help.... My doctor is trying to tell me that if I quit smoking the BV will go away..I say Bull -Sh-t but, I have to ask...How many ladies smoke?
sea star
QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 29 2009, 03:01 AM) *
I have a question, please ladies I need your help.... My doctor is trying to tell me that if I quit smoking the BV will go away..I say Bull -Sh-t but, I have to ask...How many ladies smoke?

I don't smoke and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I have BV with odor.My sister doesn't smoke too and she has BV.
But I would say that quiting smoking is a GOOD idea,because the smoking destroies the vitamins.Smoking destroies the vitamin D which is very important,deficiency of D3 is linked to BV.
http://www.helium.com/items/1571536-how-sm...other-nutrients
Happynow
QUOTE(sea star @ Dec 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *
I don't smoke and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I have BV with odor.My sister doesn't smoke too and she has BV.
But I would say that quiting smoking is a GOOD idea,because the smoking destroies the vitamins.Smoking destroies the vitamin D which is very important,deficiency of D3 is linked to BV.
http://www.helium.com/items/1571536-how-sm...other-nutrients

Thanks for the info...
swt simplicity
QUOTE(Happynow @ Dec 28 2009, 12:31 PM) *

There are links between smoking and bacterial vaginosis. If you smoke, your at greater risk of developing bacterial vaginosis and at greater risk of reoccurring infections. I left two links below for quick viewing.

1. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6874/7/20
2. http://ijsa.rsmjournals.com/cgi/content/abstract/11/9/603

My uncle is a chronic smoker and he tried quitting so many times. He started in college, and I kind of believe he doesn't have the will power to quit. He's addicted to smoking, and it doesn't help that he suffers from anxiety. If you quit smoking, it's good to have some kind of support team to guide you along the way.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(andwhatnot @ Dec 26 2009, 11:32 PM) *
I'm almost afraid to tell this out of fear that It will stop working. Folic Acid and Femdophilis = bye bye nasty smelly coochie. Read my past posts to get my history if ur interested but long story short is I found a webite where all the women were raving about this combination to rid our bodies of the BV monster. five days ago I pushed out a glob like I was in childbirth, today I'm smell free, muscous free, free! I'm ready to cry. 800 -1200 mg of Folic Acid + 2 FemD in the morning and 800 mg +1 FemD at night. check out the site www.earthclinic.com. I'll say no more.

I'm assuming you mean mcg rather than mg because your not supposed to exceed 1,000 mcg of folic acid per day.
swt simplicity
Everyone's been awfully quiet ... sad.gif

I found something pretty interesting: probiotic tampons. Their originally from Sweden, but their now being launched in China. Contrary to the yogurt on a tampon method, it contains healthy strains of bacteria that are naturally found in the vaginal flora whereas normal acidophilus doesn't colonize the vaginal tract.

Swedish Probiotic Tampon Article - (click here)
Ellen AB Probiotic Tampon Website - (click here)
The website is only in French and Dutch but you can use Google Translator!
(English) Ellen AB Site - (click here)

I'm really critical of products that are aimed toward women that claim to be a cure all for vaginal infections, but this product seems to be legit. I'm going to look into it.

I hope you all had a happy new year!

Happynow
QUOTE(Happynow @ Nov 24 2009, 11:43 AM) *
Yes nothing new, but Jeanne is from the clincal trails and Dr. Paul Nyrijesy runs the vaginitis clinic where he is specialized in BV since 2003..I have never heard of a Doctor thats know this much about bv..so I think I will give him a try..Hey I have nothing to lose at this point....

OK, I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT AND GUESS WHAT, SAME SHIT DIFFERANT DAY,aLL MY TEST CAME BACK NORMAL,YET AGAIN...WELL WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SMELL.... mad.gif

HE SAID SOME WOMEN JUST HAVE A STRONG SMELL AND DISCHARGE AND HE SEES THIS ALL THE TIME blink.gif WAIT SO I DROVE FOR 3 HOURS TO HEAR THIS!! THIS ***** TOLD ME TO SPRAY PERFUME ON MY UNDIES AND TO USE DAIL SOAP mad.gif mad.gif

T I DID ASK IF HE DID FIND BV, WHAT IS THE NEW TREATMENT.....HE SAID, LONGER PIERODS OF METRO GEL, BORID ACID, ETC...JUST LIKE i SAID SAME SHIT DIFFERANT DAY mad.gif mad.gif

SEA STAR YOU WERE RIGHT!! : dry.gif
Happynow
OK LADIES, i WAS WATCHING THE DR .OZ AND THE SHOW CALLED THE DOCTORS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WATERWORKS...cHECK OUT THIS SITE...

http://www.waterworkshealth.com/commercial/#

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? unsure.gif

AS YOU CAN TELL, IAM NOT GIVING UP, AND LADIES YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER...PLEASE DONT STOP POSTING!!!
mfc10
QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 6 2010, 08:10 PM) *
OK LADIES, i WAS WATCHING THE DR .OZ AND THE SHOW CALLED THE DOCTORS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WATERWORKS...cHECK OUT THIS SITE...
http://www.waterworkshealth.com/commercial/#
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? unsure.gif
AS YOU CAN TELL, IAM NOT GIVING UP, AND LADIES YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER...PLEASE DONT STOP POSTING!!!

Isn't this just another douche? It would still wash out good bacteria along with the bad, wouldn't it?

Maggie C.
Happynow
QUOTE(mfc10 @ Jan 7 2010, 03:23 PM) *
Isn't this just another douche? It would still wash out good bacteria along with the bad, wouldn't it?

Maggie C.

From their site:

What is vaginal pH balance and why is it important?
pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a substance is. A normal vaginal pH of 3.8 to 4.2 (acidic) is important for maintaining good vaginal health. At this optimum pH level, your vagina contains a specific balance of necessary bacteria and some yeast cells. When the pH balance is upset, the level of good bacteria gets too low and the level of bad bacteria gets too high. This can result in vaginal odor and infections. Because WaterWorks uses only tap water, it wonít disturb your natural pH balance.

Why is WaterWorks better, safer and more effective than other treatments of vaginal odor?
WaterWorks is all natural and uses only tap water. The combination of patented stainless steel nozzle and tap water actually reduces or eliminates vaginal odor instead of covering it up with harsh perfumes or chemicals. WaterWorks has been proven safe and effective in several clinical studies.

I don't know if the is a scam or not, but the ladies on Doctors say that this really works, but I will let you know...in a couple of weeks.

Check out the site...
swt simplicity
QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 8 2010, 12:49 PM) *
From their site:

What is vaginal pH balance and why is it important?
pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a substance is. A normal vaginal pH of 3.8 to 4.2 (acidic) is important for maintaining good vaginal health. At this optimum pH level, your vagina contains a specific balance of necessary bacteria and some yeast cells. When the pH balance is upset, the level of good bacteria gets too low and the level of bad bacteria gets too high. This can result in vaginal odor and infections. Because WaterWorks uses only tap water, it wonít disturb your natural pH balance.
Why is WaterWorks better, safer and more effective than other treatments of vaginal odor?
WaterWorks is all natural and uses only tap water. The combination of patented stainless steel nozzle and tap water actually reduces or eliminates vaginal odor instead of covering it up with harsh perfumes or chemicals. WaterWorks has been proven safe and effective in several clinical studies.

I don't know if the is a scam or not, but the ladies on Doctors say that this really works, but I will let you know...in a couple of weeks.
Check out the site...

I blogged about this product a while ago. If it's only using tap water, then it's base, so I think that would still change the vaginal pH because water is neutral (base) and the vaginal canal should be acidic. It's pretty interesting since a gynecologist, Dr. Lisa Masterson (OB/GYN) is advocating waterworks. But I don't think it would do anything for an active infection since it wouldn't be treating the infection. I'm really interested to see if it works long term for you. It's safe to say that waterworks probably isn't a scam. I still don't like the sounds of it though. It's still rinsing out the vaginal flora ... hmmm mellow.gif

I pray for everyone suffering from bacterial vaginosis at church every Saturday, so they will find the light at the end of the tunnel and not give up or give in to bacterial vaginosis. I wish every night that all the women on this forum suffering from bv will find relief. And I'm so happy to hear your not giving up either. biggrin.gif
Happynow
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 9 2010, 10:54 AM) *
I blogged about this product a while ago. If it's only using tap water, then it's base, so I think that would still change the vaginal pH because water is neutral (base) and the vaginal canal should be acidic. It's pretty interesting since a gynecologist, Dr. Lisa Masterson (OB/GYN) is advocating waterworks. But I don't think it would do anything for an active infection since it wouldn't be treating the infection. I'm really interested to see if it works long term for you. It's safe to say that waterworks probably isn't a scam. I still don't like the sounds of it though. It's still rinsing out the vaginal flora ... hmmm mellow.gif
I pray for everyone suffering from bacterial vaginosis at church every Saturday, so they will find the light at the end of the tunnel and not give up or give in to bacterial vaginosis. I wish every night that all the women on this forum suffering from bv will find relief. And I'm so happy to hear your not giving up either. biggrin.gif
Thanks for prayers...

l
Happynow
Ok ladies this is what i found, all my symptoms.....I started the cure on Sunday and the smell is gone ohmy.gif I am going to keep it going for two weeks but I just wanted to let you guys know...it might help someone...

Check it out :

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190140_treat-leuc...l-medicine.html

http://www.healthnlifestylemagazine.com/20...hoea-treatment/

Oh, I didnt order the waterworks cool.gif

swt simplicity
QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 13 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Ok ladies this is what i found, all my symptoms.....I started the cure on Sunday and the smell is gone ohmy.gif I am going to keep it going for two weeks but I just wanted to let you guys know...it might help someone...
Check it out :

http://www.ehow.com/how_2190140_treat-leuc...l-medicine.html

http://www.healthnlifestylemagazine.com/20...hoea-treatment/
Oh, I didnt order the waterworks cool.gif

I'm interested in the herbal aspects of this remedy. Be careful to be douching every other day .... douching just spells out disaster. The thought of you douching for two weeks is very concerning. Maybe you could try herbal suppositories instead. There are products that are herbal suppositories that have worked for many women. You could even compound herbs into a gelatin capsule.
Have you tried boric acid suppositories?
artsylove
I like many of BV sufferers have HPV. I have no symptoms other than the bv. I believe some people dont know they have it because sometimes when I get tested it comes back neg but I know I have it. I know my bv and hpv are related, and that once I fix the hpv the bv will probably leave. I am trying a product called beta mannan said to cure hpv. Just a suggestion. I just started it so im just letting others know about it.
WinterIce
Hi Ladies,

Update: Its over 3 months and BV still gone so I can only assume the homeopathic bv treatment works along with apple cider vinegar baths. Ive had sex many times and still no smell.
FRESHnFREE
Hi Ladies,
I'm just checking back in to let you ladies know that I'm still BV free after a year! : ) I've posted my treatment method before (a basic antibiotic), but I don't know if it was helpful to anyone. : / Either way, I wanted to update my status from the antibiotic and I'm doing well. I've included my old post, just in case anyone wanted to read it. Much success to you all! FRESHnFREE : )

Old Post Below Dec '08

Hi, I've lurked here for about a year and I've tried most of the suggestions on this site and many have brought relief, but I thank God for truly helping me find a cure and I'd like to share it with you ladies.

The cure: It's an oral dose of "Z" pack antibiotic. Zithromax/Azithromycin (*it treats bacterial infections) I don't think the antibiotic's effect on bacterial vaginosis is shared much in the medical community or with patients. I think it may come in a generic form also.

Azithromycin is used to treat certain bacterial infections, most often those causing middle ear infections, tonsillitis, throat infections, laryngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia and sinusitis. It is also effective against certain sexually transmitted infectious diseases, such as non-gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis. (wiki) It's funny that a doctor has never prescribed this for any of us.

I found this cure by accident. I used it for a throat infection and it also cleared up my bv. Then I did some research and discovered that it was the reason my bv cleared up. I've tried EVERYthing, trust me, including FemD, peroxide (great for a quick fix), yogurt, acidophilis, boric acid, metrogel, flagyl, etc... So I understand what you ladies are going through.

Actually, I've had BV for years, but I've always been able to cure it with a doctor's prescription of Metrogel. Unfortunately, I think I contracted a very resistant strain from a new partner. I should also add that I'm allergic to latex and that often brings on a bv infection for me.

Anyway, bottom line, get a prescription for a 5 day "Z" pack. I used it for 5 days and then followed it with Metrogel for another 3-4 days to make sure it was gone, but you may be fine with just the antibiotic. It's been over 2 months and I'm completely BV free, including no smell. Please get the prescription for Azithromycin.

Many doctors may try to tell you that this won't cure it, but believe me, IT WORKS! I vowed to finally post once I felt confident with a cure/remedy and now I finally do. I've been bv free since mid October ladies and it's December.
swt simplicity
A few years ago, there were a couple of users that mentioned taking chlorophyll to control their vaginal odor. I've been reading about chlorophyll and how it's used as in internal deodorizer, and I read reviews about certain chlorophyll supplements/products and how buyers said it got rid of their bad breath, underarm odor, body odor and so on. So, the question(s) I'm going to ask applies to anyone that has personally used chlorophyll to help control their vaginal odor or get rid of it:

1. Did it work?
2. Did it help?

I'm curious to see if it really works. I'm going to order a bottle of it from GNC. Hopefully it curbs my morning breath ... tongue.gif
catwalk
SO! I've been pretty good for the last year or so since I started on the Fem-D and kept up with my cranberry pills with occasional boric acid douche about once a month. Smell is all but gone, discharge comes and goes (last few weeks has been a bit yellow/green which is concerning).

Saw a commercial for Rephresh Pro-B (link), which described itself exactly the same as Fem-D basically. It will cost more ($25-30 a bottle for 30 pills) but at least more women will be helped if this stuff is on the shelves available. Was wondering what ya'll thought or if you'd seen/tried it?

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 25 2010, 11:49 AM) *
A few years ago, there were a couple of users that mentioned taking chlorophyll to control their vaginal odor.
I don't know but I'm ordering from Iherb right now! As I mentioned I'm doing well with my BV but I'm always looking to add to my arsenal wink.gif

QUOTE(Happynow @ Jan 6 2010, 08:10 PM) *
OK LADIES, i WAS WATCHING THE DR .OZ AND THE SHOW CALLED THE DOCTORS AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WATERWORKS ...cHECK OUT THIS SITE...
http://www.waterworkshealth.com/commercial/#HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? unsure.gif
I've heard of this and it's been discussed on here. NOT a good idea for BV. It's a simple water douche, which we now know is not good for most of us with BV.

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 3 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Everyone's been awfully quiet ... sad.gif
I found something pretty interesting: probiotic tampons. Their originally from Sweden, but their now being launched in China. Contrary to the yogurt on a tampon method, it contains healthy strains of bacteria that are naturally found in the vaginal flora whereas normal acidophilus doesn't colonize the vaginal tract.
Swedish Probiotic Tampon Article - (click here)
Ellen AB Probiotic Tampon Website - (click here)
The website is only in French and Dutch but you can use Google Translator!
(English) Ellen AB Site - (click here)
I'm really critical of products that are aimed toward women that claim to be a cure all for vaginal infections, but this product seems to be legit. I'm going to look into it.
I hope you all had a happy new year!

OMG. ohmy.gif What a TEASE. I want, I want, I WANT. Anyone know someone in the countries it's being distributed? I wasn't able to find any online seller sad.gif
Were you able to find out anything???
and yes, WAY too quiet in here....
swt simplicity
QUOTE(catwalk @ Feb 3 2010, 12:51 PM) *
I've heard of this and it's been discussed on here. NOT a good idea for BV. It's a simple water douche, which we now know is not good for most of us with BV.
OMG. ohmy.gif What a TEASE. I want, I want, I WANT. Anyone know someone in the countries it's being distributed? I wasn't able to find any online seller sad.gif
Were you able to find out anything???
and yes, WAY too quiet in here....

I emailed Ellen AB to ask where I could buy their products online. I'll post the response as soon as I get it. I did some searching from the Ellen AB website and I did find an online distributor. I translated the website using Google Translator (click here)

Rephresh Pro-B is pretty expensive at my CVS/Walgreens. It costs about $32 including tax, that's a lot of money when you think about it. That would mean $384 on RePhresh Pro-B every year! Fem-D is a lot more budget friendly in my area. It usually costs about $20 at the Vitamin Shoppe since it's always on sale and you would be earning 20 health points with each Fem-D purchase, which means by the end of the year if you buy Fem-D every month you would earn 240 health points which is almost 250 health points which means $10 store credit (click here). So your saving a good amount of money and there's store credit biggrin.gif . Free store credit with every purchase ... not bad. However, I don't know how the Vitamin Shoppe ships their refrigerated products because I've never ordered Fem-D from their store online but it is refrigerated when its in the store. I'm sure they would ship it refrigerated or it would perish and that would make customers very angry.

How is your Femdophilus packaged when it's shipped to your house?
catwalk
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Feb 3 2010, 08:42 PM) *
I emailed Ellen AB to ask where I could buy their products online. I'll post the response as soon as I get it. I did some searching from the Ellen AB website and I did find an online distributor. I translated the website using Google Translator

Rephresh Pro-B is pretty expensive at my CVS/Walgreens. It costs about $32 including tax, that's a lot of money when you think about it. That would mean $384 on RePhresh Pro-B every year! Fem-D is a lot more budget friendly in my area. It usually costs about $20 at the Vitamin Shoppe since it's always on sale and you would be earning 20 health points with each Fem-D purchase, which means by the end of the year if you buy Fem-D every month you would earn 240 health points which is almost 250 health points which means $10 store credit (click here). So your saving a good amount of money and there's store credit biggrin.gif . Free store credit with every purchase ... not bad. However, I don't know how the Vitamin Shoppe ships their refrigerated products because I've never ordered Fem-D from their store online but it is refrigerated when its in the store. I'm sure they would ship it refrigerated or it would perish and that would make customers very angry.

How is your Femdophilus packaged when it's shipped to your house?

Let me know what you find out for the Ellen AB, I added the item to my cart but then it will only let you ship to Sweden sad.gif

That IS expensive for the rephresh pro-b, didn't think of it like that. BUT if you do have a BV or vaginal problem some people will throw any amount of money at it to make it better wink.gif

I looked it up and the Fem-D at vitamin shoppe is $20 for the 30 size ($230/year w/ credit)! I pay $25 for the 60 size from Iherb.com (linkage below) and they send express with packing/refridge! So I'm paying about $175 a year with shipping (to Canada) for my Fem-D but it IS nice to know if I run out I can get it from Vitamin shoppe!

Fem-D is best when refridgerated but being out of the fridge for a while (a couple days in shipping) is okay as long as you put it in the fridge when you get it.

Still, I'm pretty stoaked about all the products coming out to help women with this problem, maybe doctors will start listening to us soon too (we can only hope) tongue.gif
swt simplicity
QUOTE(catwalk @ Feb 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *
Let me know what you find out for the Ellen AB, I added the item to my cart but then it will only let you ship to Sweden sad.gif

That IS expensive for the rephresh pro-b, didn't think of it like that. BUT if you do have a BV or vaginal problem some people will throw any amount of money at it to make it better wink.gif

I looked it up and the Fem-D at vitamin shoppe is $20 for the 30 size ($230/year w/ credit)! I pay $25 for the 60 size from Iherb.com (linkage below) and they send express with packing/refridge! So I'm paying about $175 a year with shipping (to Canada) for my Fem-D but it IS nice to know if I run out I can get it from Vitamin shoppe!

Fem-D is best when refridgerated but being out of the fridge for a while (a couple days in shipping) is okay as long as you put it in the fridge when you get it.

Still, I'm pretty stoaked about all the products coming out to help women with this problem, maybe doctors will start listening to us soon too (we can only hope) tongue.gif

I got my response from the Ellen AB administrator today!

"Agnetha Strandell to me
show details 8:20 AM (6 hours ago)

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you for your mail.

Please find the link for to buy Ellen Probiotic tampon over the Internet.

http://www.quick-pharma.de/ellen-probiotis...mal.402273.html

Hope youíll find it satisfying.

Kind regards,
Agnetha Strandell

Ellen AB
Svšrdvšgen 27
182 33 Danderyd
Sweden
Phone: +46 8 412 10 00
Phone Direct: +46 8 412 10 05
Fax: + 46 8 412 10 20
Email: mb@ellenab.com
www.ellenab.com"

The website is still in another language unfortunately. But it can still get translated. When you get your Fem-D, is it still cold to the touch? I went on the iherb link and it talks about insulated packaging and I'm wondering how effective that is.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(catwalk @ Feb 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *

Catwalk, when you place the order for Femdophilus (with the coupon code) what does it total to?
jularee
Hi ladies! I haven't posted here in awhile. Just wanted to share some hopeful news. I was actually doing really well managing my BV with Femdophilus and boric acid until about 3 months ago. I just woke up one day with the 'oh so familiar' funk. I started using boric acid everyday, but on the days I wouldn't use it the smell would return with a vengeance so I decided to stop using it and give my poor cooley a break.
I decided to try the Vitamin D supplement thing since I remembered reading about a study that was done a while ago. However, I also started taking Keflex for a throat infection that I had. I don't know if it's by coincidence or what but since I started taking the Vit D and the Keflex my smell went away and discharge has been normal!! I was shocked. Soooo after I finish the antibiotics I'm going to keep taking the Vit D and see if I continue to have a normal vag or if it's just a fluke. I'll keep you guys updated! smile.gif
catwalk
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Feb 15 2010, 08:53 AM) *
Catwalk, when you place the order for Femdophilus (with the coupon code) what does it total to?

Sorry took so long to answer! With shipping to Canada and that coupon code it comes to $24.17 for the bottle of 60!

There are a few other places that sell it for a bit less, but the shipping has always been way more.
swt simplicity
QUOTE(catwalk @ Mar 2 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Sorry took so long to answer! With shipping to Canada and that coupon code it comes to $24.17 for the bottle of 60!

There are a few other places that sell it for a bit less, but the shipping has always been way more.

Okay ... I ordered the Fem-D from iHerb and it was really nicely packaged and still cold which is something that I was really concerned about. But a reader from my blog said that iHerb doesn't offer cold packaging for customers outside of the U.S. Then I mentioned that you live in Canada and you still get cold packaging. It also says that in the disclaimer in red. What's that all about?
jularee
Hello all! Just wanted to give a quick update about Vit D. I've been taking 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 everyday for the past month. I have normal, clear discharge and no odor whatsoever! I've had sex many, many times and my BV symptoms have not returned. I haven't been doing anything else as far as maintenance or prevention, just the Vit D. I'm really excited to see that this has helped me and really, really hope that this is indeed my answer to this horrible condition. I have an appt with my doc in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna request swabs and possibly get my Vit D levels checked to see where things stand. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress! smile.gif
neverending
QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 25 2010, 04:49 PM) *
A few years ago, there were a couple of users that mentioned taking chlorophyll to control their vaginal odor. I've been reading about chlorophyll and how it's used as in internal deodorizer, and I read reviews about certain chlorophyll supplements/products and how buyers said it got rid of their bad breath, underarm odor, body odor and so on. So, the question(s) I'm going to ask applies to anyone that has personally used chlorophyll to help control their vaginal odor or get rid of it:

1. Did it work?
2. Did it help?

I'm curious to see if it really works. I'm going to order a bottle of it from GNC. Hopefully it curbs my morning breath ... tongue.gif

Yes, it works quite well. It keeps the PH level in check so things don't go crazy if you get what I mean. Yes! Try it. It should work well. Good luck! XOXOXOXOX
HELLO LADIES.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.