Full Version: We need a NEW game!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sixelacat
Hmmm, okay, hint-another quote from the same movie:

"Thank you,...., but this time I've got the gadgets and I know how to use them"
snafooey
Is it a Bond movie?

Not that I would be able to figure out which one, mind you.
sixelacat
You're definitely on the right track, snaf.... biggrin.gif
snafooey
Heh - it was the gadgets that tipped me off!

I'm just gonna have to start throwing them out there. . .

Dr. No? Her Majesty's Secret Service? The Man with the Golden Gun? Octopussy?
lot49
If it's a Bond flick it's gotta be HMSS -- I've seen all the other Bond flicks like a gazillion times and that quote definitely does not ring a bell. Chicken flesh?
sixelacat
Yes, it's On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The chicken quote's from Tellly Savalas as Blofeld. The gadgets reference is when Q offers Bond "anything you need" when Bond marries Diana Rigg.....

Your turn!
lot49
I think it's actually Snaf's turn, since she guessed that it was a Bond flick and threw the name out there first. But she's not here, and I am *insert evil laugh*:

"It all makes sense. In the comics you know who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero."
kittenb
Is that from Unbreakable? I'll be right back...

ETA: I was right! I'll be back with a new quote.

"Can't a girl get laid around here without being burned at the stake?"
sybarite
Total random guess... Witches of Eastwick?
kittenb
Nope.
auralpoison
Bad eighties teen slasher flick. Had the guy that was Bobby Briggs on Twin Peaks. The *pretty* one...
kittenb
While I don't know the Bobby Briggs reference (can't remember who played him) it is a bad 80's slasher flick.
auralpoison
Waxworks? Waxwork? Something like that, innit?
sixelacat
Um, it's Wax Museum, or House of Wax....no, Waxworks, I think. Okay, Waxworks, final answer. I'm pretty sure. Be back with a quote....

ETA: X-posted with AP! You want to go next?
kittenb
Waxworks is right!
I don't know who got it but I very proud of myself at the moment.
sixelacat
"Just remember this - in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
squidmo
Is it Closer?
sixelacat
Nope
bunnyb
hehe, it was bugging me where I knew the quote from so I had to google it. A lot of funny lines from this classic (would post in more unobtrusive smaller font but unsure how to.)
auralpoison
The Italian Job

"If I were management, I would not offer you a cigarette!"
sixelacat
Al Pacino. In...something. Dammit. I'm having a movie quote meltdown. I can almost hear it.....and he's involved somehow....argh! And all I can think of is "you fuck my wife?" and that's so not it....anybody else close?
auralpoison
No Pacino. De Niro, yes.
auralpoison
There's a really good car chase.
squidmo
Is it Heat?

auralpoison
Nope. Good try though. I salute your shorts. Made a few years later. Some eighty autos were destroyed during it's production. Takes place mostly in France.
sixelacat
Oh, son of a.....*slaps forehead*....RONIN!
auralpoison
Huzzah! Your turn!
sixelacat
"You got very nice eyes. Never noticed them before. They real?"
auralpoison
Oh, you're evil. I know this. I do. I may chew my own tongue off in the night trying to figure it out.
pepper
bladerunner.

?
sixelacat
Bwahaha! Nope.
yuefie
*raises hand* Oooh I think I know this one!

Can I play with you girls? Huh, can I, can I, can I?

auralpoison
You winged temptress you!
yuefie
Okay, I'm takin' a stab at it. I *know* it was Sir Ben Kingsley who said it and I'm pretty sure it was in Sexy Beast.

sixelacat
And yuefie wins the prize!!! (ignore what was here, I was wrong!)

Your turn! biggrin.gif
yuefie
Oh it was him! Yay, I get a ceegar after all.

Okay: "Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy... now that's fun!"

bunnyb
The Devil's Advocate?
yuefie
Nope, but it came out a coupla' years before Devil's Advocate did.

auralpoison
Thass the Crow, yeah?
yuefie
Yup, the floor is yours... go!
auralpoison
"If there is a war on drugs, then many of our family members are the enemy. And I don't know how you wage war on your own family."
bunnyb
Traffic?
auralpoison
Yes! I turn the floor over to you...
bunnyb
"Tomorrow? That's a funny word ... we would have to invent a new language, as children do, without words like tomorrow."
sixelacat
Ooooh, The Children's Hour!

Back with a quote....
sixelacat
"I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two. Don't you agree?"
sixelacat
Okay, I can't stand being a thread killa, so here's the rest of the quote....

"Wait for the winds. Then my birds sing. And the deep grottos whisper my name....."
yuefie
Sixela, darling, I feel like I know it, it's on the tip of my tongue. It's an oldie. Hmm, did it happen to have "Feathered 'Do" Farrah Fawcett in it? I keep thinking of her.

ETA: Logans Run???

sixelacat
Hooray! The thread lives! Yuefie rocks!

Your turn! biggrin.gif
yuefie
Damnation! I can't believe I got that one. I did have to think on it all damn day and I think I mighta strained my poor lil noggin, heh. I will be back soon with one...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.