Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need a NEW game!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
LoveMyPugs
Guess this one!!! biggrin.gif

"Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?"

Might not be a popular movie here on Bust but it's one of my favorites.
auralpoison
Actually it's still Punkrockgrrrl's turn LMP. You don't get to go unless you answer a previous query, it's been seven days or else a poster condones it.

That being said, Fight Club.

I cede my turn to Punkrockgrrrl if she wants it.
punkrockgrrrl
Thanks Aural smile.gif

"She's a dancer who doesn't dance and her friend is a painter who doesn't paint. It's kind of a Boho version of the Island of the Lost Toys."
auralpoison
Oh, I know this. The protangonist has a funny name...
gogosgirl
igby goes down

"talking monkey, yeah. came here from the future, ugly sucker, only says 'ficus.'"
sixelacat
"Igby Goes Down", I believe. I liked (and have used) his line when someone asks why he calls his mom by her first name : "Medea was taken."

'Kay, anybody else who has a quote feel free to go, this was just a compulsive fly-by.....

eta: x-posted with gogosgirl!
auralpoison
Oh, I just saw this! Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. That's soem funny shit! I liked, "To you good people in the Midwest, sorry we said "fuck" so much."
bunnyb
best quote in a film for a long time.

ap, take it you forgoing your go again?

if so: "And I ain't goin' to your funeral!"
" You ain't invited!"
auralpoison
I saw this movie in the cinema when I was eleven with my best friend, Heather. I've always had a weird thing for Burt Lancaster types. Tough Guys.

Shanghai at will, ya'll.
punkrockgrrrl
Here's one.

"Drink up, young man. It'll make the whole seduction part less repugnant"
auralpoison
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Hijack!

I am beginning to think I need to get a life cos I know so many of these. I wonder how many hours of my life were spent watching movies...
bunnyb
ah, the challenge to find a quote AP doesn't know!

"For God's sake, I asked you a simple question; there is no need for you to become Woody Allen."
auralpoison
Oh, how I hate the Paltrow. Sliding Doors.

Hijack.
sixelacat
Hmmm, a quote that's tough for AP......

I had to really reach back for this one, but how about:

"Hungry? We Prussians have always been hungry. They are the daughters of soldiers and, God willing, mothers of soldiers too. What they need is discipline, not a life of luxury."

auralpoison
Hell if I know what it's called, but I do know the Nazis tried to destroy all copies of it...
sixelacat
Very true, AP!

Hint: think girls' school....
auralpoison
It's Girl something or other. Madchen something. That's girl, right? She has a thing for Frau teacher. *Wanders off grumbling...*
snafooey
*delurking*

I haven't seen this movie, and I didn't recognize the quote, but y'all made it sound so intriguing, I googled it and then ended up taking it out of my local library today.

*relurking*
auralpoison
So what did you think? I thought it's rather frank handling of burgeoning female sexuality was quite surprising for 1930. Every time I see the Celluoid Closet or the like, I always find myself surprised that it's not mentioned.
snafooey
I haven't had a chance to watch it yet - I have at least until Saturday, and another week or two after that if I can renew it. Looking forward to it, though I hear that b/c of time and censorship, there are parts missing and the translation is a bit off. Makes me sad that no one has tried to do more of a complete restoration like they did with Metropolis.
auralpoison
And lo, she said, HIJACK!

Girl in a Uniform
the_geiger
Sidenote: I saw the restored version of Metropolis this winter at the student-run theater. It was suspenseful because I totally believed that it would end horribly. And it was fun making up the stuff they were saying before the intertitles popped up.
sixelacat
Madchen in Uniform, yes indeedy!

So feel free to shanghaiiiiiii!
auralpoison
"Ditto? Ditto, you provincial patsy?"
auralpoison
WAH! Nobody wants to play with me! That was from Blazing Saddles.

"Well, nobody's perfect."
lucizoe
Some Like It Hot

"Women without children are the very best preservers of furniture."
bunnyb
Is that from Persuasion? I recognise it from book.

"You asked me once how I was gonna save your life. This is it. This moment. "
tommynomad
Fight Club?

In case I'm right:
"I've got a bad feeling about this."
bunnyb
nope, not Fight Club.
sixelacat
Dangerous Minds

"What came first, the music or the misery?"
bunnyb
High Fidelity.

Since I have nothing I'll repost tommy's:

"I've got a bad feeling about this."
auralpoison
Star Wars. Luvvs me some Han Solo.

"Greatest Generation my ass. Tom Brokaw's a punk!"
auralpoison
Nobody will play with me. Boohoo.
candycane_girl
The quote sounds familiar but I have no idea what it's from. What do we do when no one can guess the quote?
sixelacat
Why, you Shanghai and offer a quote of your own! Sadly, someone told me what AP's quote is from, but I've not seen the movie myself so it really doesn't count. Too bad! I did come across a good quote yesterday, but it's from a silent film (would quoting intertitles even be a "quote"?) and I'm pretty sure it's too obscure to be fun. In other words, I got nuthin'.
crazyoldcatlady
FUCK! i totally just saw that movie.
then again, i've seen a lot of movies lately. on. tip. of. tongue.
must... google... won't... spoil it...
gogosgirl
I saw it! talledega nights: the ricky bobby story

those kids were hilarious "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

and from my most recent viewing...

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
kittenb
I don't know where that quote came from but it makes me laugh b/c I was totally conditioned to be scared of the escalator. My father has convinced me that it will eat bare toes in sandels.
llamas
Mallrats!

From one of my truly horrible guilty pleasures:
"You're both Ivan?"
gogosgirl
must be a *really* guilty pleasure, llamas -- it doesn't look like anyone else has (or will confess to having) seen it.

try again?
gogosgirl
okay, I'm hijacking...

"Doctor, I'm takin' your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears."
bunnyb
Serenity?
gogosgirl
shiny, bunnyb -- it's all you now!
maelstrom
-- Shooter --

"And when there were no crawdads to be had, we ate sand"
bunnyb
I thought it was, I love that film (and Firefly of course).

"God, that is so clever. I swear you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets."

(maelstrom, just so you know how to play the game: once we guess a quote correctly we post our own)
maelstrom
oops sorry.
grrrlyouwant
empire records! okay, here's mine:

"a handbag?!"
kittenb
Is it The Importance of Being Ernest?
grrrlyouwant
yes it is kitten!
kittenb
Okay this is an easy one but I love it...

"Oh whoever it is they gotta go away or they'll be killed!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.