Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need a NEW game!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
auralpoison
Harold & Maude.

"Guess what? Uncle Sam don't give a shit about your expenses. You want bread, fuck a baker."
sassygrrl
To Live and Die in LA.

"Check out what you’ve got to look forward to: cigarettes and junk food and Gram’s famous stuffing, right?"
auralpoison
HIJACK! Sassy's quote has been bugging the shit out of me for a week. I *know* I know it, but it's just been dancing on the tip of my tongue like a drunken stripper.

"To be frank, I'm much more concerned for my safety around Norman Mailer."
sassygrrl
Home for the holidays AP! I thought being it was Thanksgiving and all...smile.gif

Infamous?

"Everybody dance!"
auralpoison
Two words?! Two words that could have been uttered in dozens of films?! Fie! Fie, I say to you Sassy!
sixelacat
Okay, sassy, I'm going to hazard a guess. Is it "Waiting for Guffman"? (I figured "Footloose" was too obvious....)
sassygrrl
Yes!

sixelacat
"I promise you a day of reckoning that you won't live long enough to never forget."
auralpoison
Oh! The Way of the Gun. Benicio is HAWT. And I liked the way that the two characters communicated more physically than verbally.

"Ask the cock-ologist in the shower there."
auralpoison
Please do shanghai freely. . .
sixelacat
Ha! That there was from Four Brothers, which I only just saw this weekend! (and yes, I did jump and yell "hey, that's that quote from..." before I realized my friends were looking at me all strange.... laugh.gif

"An affair is exciting and great precisely because it feels so wrong."
sassygrrl
Holiday Affair.

"My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks."
auralpoison
Annie Hall, I think.

"The bitch hit me with a toaster."
sassygrrl
Scrooged?

"Yeah? Well, maybe Santa won't come back next year. Maybe he and the Easter Bunny will take a fuckin' cruise to Jamaica and you can eat your own lousy cookies!"

auralpoison
I heart Dennis Leary. The Ref.

"You're a whore! Santa's little whore! Santa's little whore!"
auralpoison
Not necessarily an Xmas film, but it took place during it: Just Friends

"Christmas is *not* clothing optional this year, we have a guest."
sixelacat
Hey, I know that one! The Family Stone. (rather like Christmas with my dad's side of the family rolleyes.gif ).

Hmmm, I'm sensing a theme here....

"Hey, Bob... I just remembered what tomorrow is. Feliz Navidad."
auralpoison
Damn! I know it's an old John Wayne flick . . . one of the guys is dying when he says that . . . they find a baby . . .
sixelacat
So, so, so close....you can almost see it, can't you? Like a desert offer you can't refuse.... tongue.gif
auralpoison
Huzzah! Three Godfathers. Or was it billed 3 Godfathers? Either way, it's John Ford & it inspired a great anime in Tokyo Godfathers.

"There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?"
sixelacat
Aha! Another one I just saw this week! And that may be the only line that actually stuck in my head, too. Love, Actually.

Oh, and it was billed 3 Godfathers, otherwise known as 3 outlaws and a baby and a desert and no water.....

eta: no, no! You go ahead, Lanie! I'm still workin' on finding this quote I've half-stuck in my head, anyway...
laniethezany
"There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?"

Love Actually. The plotline with the stand-ins is one of my favorite things in a movie, ever.

"Well I'm simply crushed. Here I have waited my whole life for you, and now you don't even want me. Do go on! I believe you were discussing my cherry?"

ETA: Ack! Cross post! sixela - you can post your quote if you like. Didn't mean to hijack!
auralpoison
Mixed Nuts. Now for an easy one,

"Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."
sixelacat
Wasn't it written on a shirt? Die Hard.

"Drunk? Boy, you were fractured!"
auralpoison
I believe so, yes. Alan Rickman is dreamy!

Holiday Inn. Ah, Bing!

"The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God, it was so horrible! It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me & Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by, Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office, no answer. Christmas Day came & went, & still nothing. So the police began a search, four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep, everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came & broke through the chimney top, & me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. Instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit; he'd been climbing down the chimney . . . his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped & broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus."
bunnyb
Oh fuck, I know this and I can almost see it...
I know it's a kooky female who said it.

eta: Gremlins!

"Forget it. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah. Don't forget to tell Santa what a creep you are! "
laniethezany

All I Want for Christmas.

Sort of in keeping with the Christmas theme, but not exactly: "Over the mysteries of female life there is drawn a veil best left undisturbed."
auralpoison
Okay, that's . . . Little Women?

"Pay no attention to the man in the trunk."
sixelacat
Woo! A "local" film, AND John Cusack....you know I've seen that one! The Ice Harvest.

"Santy Claus don't drink. Oh, no? Well, how come he's always falling down chimleys?"
auralpoison
Local my ASS! It may be set in Wichita, but it sure as hell it was shot in a 'burg somewhere outside of Chicago.

It's Bob Hope doing Damon Runyon, I know that much. Which one, I don't know. They made a couple & they always have "Guys & Dolls" type names. It's like "Lonesome Smith" or something, but I know that's not right.
sixelacat
Yes, but how many films even get SET in Wichita?! I'll take what I can get, at least until I, er, move (yeah, almost said get outta Dodge blink.gif )

Okay, you've earned a clue.....

auralpoison
"The Big Kahuna" was filmed in Wichita & Tim Burton shot there when he made "Mars Attacks!"

FYI, Sixela, the big rumour going around town is that Leonardo DiCaprio bought a house here! The Discovery channel wants to rebuild Greensburg into a green community over the next year & a half & Leo's supposed to be the producer/host. People actually seem to think he's going to live here for a whole year & a half. Seriously.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/3928
sixelacat
Sweet baby Jeebus, why on EARTH would anybody think DiCaprio would kick around HERE for a year and a half?! Executive producer of a reality series should never have to be that hands on. Oh, WAIT, I've got it! He's going to piggy-back the Greensburg gig onto his upcoming sitcom re-make of Green Acres! Of course, it all makes sense now....../nightmares

Oh, the movie was The Lemondrop Kid. Shanghai freely, I'm off to red dirt country for a few days.
auralpoison
"They call her 'cameltoe'."
auralpoison
I cannae believe this has languished for more than a month . . .
auralpoison
My offer was from "The Weatherman."

"Is this the man that was killed?"
"He seemed . . . taller."
candycane_girl
Does anyone mind if I add a new movie quote?
kittenb
Take it candycane_girl!
auralpoison
It's been waaaaay more than a week, so have at it. We're way beyond shanghai time.
candycane_girl
Alrighty, I think this one is pretty easy.

"So what are you saying, man? When you get divorced you turn in your library card? You get a new license? You stop being Jewish?"
auralpoison
Lebowski!

This is an oldie, but it was just on the other night. My, but Vincent Price cut a particularly dashing figure in his youth!

"I don't know a lot about anything, but I know a little about practically everything."
sixelacat
LAURA! (cute, AP.)

Vincent Price was such a hottie in his youth (and beyond, really), he must have been beating the boys off with a stick! I most loved him as The Saint on radio, so suave and snarky!

"Can there be anybody more trustworthy, Milady, than an ambitious woman of fashion... with a history?"
auralpoison
wink.gif

I have a really great Vincent Price cookbook.

We gotta drop the oldies quotes, Sixela. I've already alienated enough people that this thread languished for months.

The Three Musketeers. The Cardinal methinks.

I am so indebted to my dad for my love of swashbuckling, pirates or no. I bought a Jolly Roger kite just like he always bought when I was a kid & flew that sumbitch.

"Was your vagina drunk?"
bunnyb
Knocked up

I'll be back (that's not the quote!).

"That's a matter of opinion, and I don't give a fuck about yours."

MsYuefie
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Jun 3 2008, 03:27 AM) *

"That's a matter of opinion, and I don't give a fuck about your's."

From Dusk Til Dawn? I'm pretty sure it is and that I only got it because we watched it a few weeks ago tongue.gif
auralpoison
That it is! Take it away, Yuefie!
auralpoison
Or not.

"Then you, my friend, are a damned fool!"
MsYuefie
Sorry I dropped the ball, AP. Glad you shanghai'd it though!
auralpoison
Okaaaaay. So again, nobody wants to play with me. I can take my ball & go home y'know.

My quote was from when Owen Wilson was hawt. Bottle Rocket.

Shanghai freely.
candycane_girl
This one should be easy.

"I wrote a hit play and directed it!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.