Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
honeybunch
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jan 29 2009, 11:23 AM) *
Aithinne, so true, so true. I could go on about this topic for days, but the VERY short version is, I am sick and tired of peopel making comments about my body (calling me "skinny," "skinny bitch," "Oh, you can eat whatever you want!" yada yada...and yada.)

It's not okay to say,"Wow, you're short!" "Damn, you're black!" "You're fat!" "You have gray roots!" etc. etc. BUT...somehow it's "okay" to comment on thin people's appearance. This annoys the crap out of me. The only thing I can think of to explain this phenomenon is that thinness is somehow seen as the "desirable" condition, so it's okay to hate someone for having what everyone supposedly wants but "can't have."

Back to work.

Me,too.

People will ask if I'm anorexic, and if I eat. I mean, what if I really was struggling with an eating disorder? Soo rude. Then I get called skin and bones. Well, actually I'm pretty active. I do have a bit of fat on me and some hard earned muscles. Plz do not try to assume what my body looks like under my clothes. Okay? Then I've had girls within an earshot of me tell me I have no shape (I'm not the curviest but isn't even true they were just hating).

Even though I haven't always been thin, but I've always had someone commenting on my body.

If I have negative things to say about someone's figure I just keep it to myself. You really don't know what's going on with somebody.
Aithinne
neurotic.nelly, your avatar was not disrespectful! I totally agree with karategrrl and loonydaray- it wasn't offensive at all. The point is, that all body types should be celebrated, and they all should be considered womanly. Like karategrrl, I've always wanted to have more curves. Being slender tends to only add to the feeling of being unfeminine that we smallies tend to already have. I've always thought curvier girls were the most beautiful body shape, probably since I didn't have much in the way of curves. Women being curvy is not offensive, just as women being slender should not be offensive and open for ridicule. Goodness, we women already feel bad enough. So, no, your avatar was not disrespectful.. I actually thought it was cute.

Btw, karategrrl, is that tatoo on you? I've been wondering, cuz it's cool.
Stone
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Apr 30 2006, 10:17 PM) *
boobs are either lunchboxes for your offspring, or playgrounds for your mate(s).. or both.

Too funny!
starship
where is knorl!!

im a natural skinny (gah hate that word) girl too. even when i put on weight for some reason i still look 'skinny'. totally agree with you all on the issue anyway....

i wondered if that was karate's tattoo tooo

im loving my miniscule breasts today.
strongirl
I love this theme of celebrating all body types. I'm a skinny girl from the Asian side of my family but my mom's side are all zaftig German-French body types. I benefitted from the 60's and 70's craze for thin-ness but I also watched my mom and aunt and grandma suffer from weight discrimination and anti-fat attitudes. It caused them a lot of pain. More pain than I've ever endured from having small boobs, that's for sure. And I always loved snuggling and hugging their big, pillowy bodies and thought they were beautiful. What wonderful laps to snuggle on when I was little!

I wish everyone could appreciate their own and each other's bodies more. Kudos to everyone in here for promoting that.

On the hating thing, I once walked into a doctor's office, a client when I owned a small business and I was there to work on their computer, and the group of women who worked there looked up and glared at me when I walked in and then the office manager said "We hate you!" I was absolutely stunned. No smiles, not joking. When I asked why she said something like "Because you're skinny and pretty and we are NOT going to be nice to you." They weren't kidding. They made my life hell while I was there, to the point that I refused to go back and always got one of my male business partners to step in when they needed anything done. I'll never get over that moment...having a group of total strangers hate me without ever getting to know me at all. I was so hurt and shocked. How damaged they must have been inside to be motivated to pass along such pain to a total stranger.
honeybunch
QUOTE(strongirl @ Feb 2 2009, 10:27 PM) *
I love this theme of celebrating all body types. I'm a skinny girl from the Asian side of my family but my mom's side are all zaftig German-French body types. I benefitted from the 60's and 70's craze for thin-ness but I also watched my mom and aunt and grandma suffer from weight discrimination and anti-fat attitudes. It caused them a lot of pain. More pain than I've ever endured from having small boobs, that's for sure. And I always loved snuggling and hugging their big, pillowy bodies and thought they were beautiful. What wonderful laps to snuggle on when I was little!

I wish everyone could appreciate their own and each other's bodies more. Kudos to everyone in here for promoting that.

On the hating thing, I once walked into a doctor's office, a client when I owned a small business and I was there to work on their computer, and the group of women who worked there looked up and glared at me when I walked in and then the office manager said "We hate you!" I was absolutely stunned. No smiles, not joking. When I asked why she said something like "Because you're skinny and pretty and we are NOT going to be nice to you." They weren't kidding. They made my life hell while I was there, to the point that I refused to go back and always got one of my male business partners to step in when they needed anything done. I'll never get over that moment...having a group of total strangers hate me without ever getting to know me at all. I was so hurt and shocked. How damaged they must have been inside to be motivated to pass along such pain to a total stranger.

sad.gif
honeybunch
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Feb 2 2009, 09:43 AM) *
Your avatar didn't bother me at all! I like the fact that you celebrated your body with it! I'm all for people celebrating and loving themselves. What I don't like is someone giving me shit about my body for no good reason. If given my choice, I'd actually be more curvy. I'm presently hitting the weights like crazy for my glutes so I can have some booty roundness.

I'd love to hear your routine (I hope I'm not being too nosey). I lost some of my butt, and I want it back! Also, I've always loved having a strong lower body, but my glutes are a bit neglected. I've started doing track and field drills as part of my workout.

I'm feeling good about my boobs today. biggrin.gif
karategrrl
Yep, that tatt is on my lower back--a Tramp Stamp, yes. wink.gif It has great spiritual meaning to me. I designed it. wink.gif

QUOTE(honeybunch @ Feb 3 2009, 12:18 PM) *
I'd love to hear your routine (I hope I'm not being too nosey). I lost some of my butt, and I want it back! Also, I've always loved having a strong lower body, but my glutes are a bit neglected. I've started doing track and field drills as part of my workout.

Ha. I'm very flattered! I admit to feeling self-indulgent talking about this, but you did ask...
A bit of back story: many years ago (in High School), I found that physical activity just really made me feel good--kept me feeling happier and better about myself, not to mention it's just good for your body/health. So I got into fitness, weights, and sometimes running. I was heavily into different styles of martial arts for many years, from my mid-20s to a couple years ago. I found that the unifying aspect of it all was the weight training--it just makes you stronger for everything, and really sculpts the body nicely. (And no, women--and most men--don't get bulky unless they're really going nuts with crazy weight, steroids,and strict diets with crazy amounts of protein.)

But I digress. To build your booty (I guess this is the "baby-got-back" story, heh), you have to use heavy weight and work your glutes. You should support that area by also working your quads (front thighs) and hamstrings (back thighs). Any area you want to get bigger and build strength, you want to use high weights (where you can do between 4 and about 8 reps before you just can't do any more--they call it "to exhaustion" or "to fatigue.") Any area you want to tone without building bulk, you do a weight where you can do between 8-12 reps. (You will build some strength this way, too.) Do 2 or 3 sets of each exercise, each set having a higher weight (obviously, as you go up in weight and your muscles are getting tired, you will be able to do fewer reps.)

I like the glute machine at the gym for the glutes, and also bridges, which you can do without weight. You can do leg extensions and leg curls to build the fronts and back of the thighs, respectively. Squats with weights are awesome for both the glutes and the quads.

I could go on for days but this is kind of off-topic and there's a wealth of info on the web and in books already about this (though you will find varying versions of all this), so I won't go on, but the big thing to remember is: use higher weights to build bulk on the boo-tay. For a really good book that addresses a whole fitness thing--weights, what to eat, how/when/where/why to do all this stuff, I recommend the book "The Truth" by Frank Sepe. If you want to really learn about the mechanics of muscles in weight training, try "Strength Training Anatomy" and "Women's Strength Training Anatomy" by Frederic Delavier.

Sorry if this was more than what you asked for, as you sound like you already know a lot about physical stuff. But I really believe in weight training as a way we small busties can boost our boobies (by building our pecs) and make the most of our great butts and legs. There really is a lot we can do with what we've been dealt genetically. Plus it just makes you feel great to build a relationship with your bod as this awesome mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/etc. machine that can do great things for you--rather than worrying about what others think of it. Fuck 'em all.

Okay, fitness lesson over. <stepping down off soapbox> Back to bitty, bodacious boobs. tongue.gif
neurotic.nelly
Hey thanks ladies for understanding the intention behind the avatar, it was a celebration of larger bodies. But, it was still inapropriate because it did put down the "other" which is bs. As someone who loves to celebrate all body types, I felt badly about it. And so it is banished!

strongirl, that is unbelievable. What unmitigated gall!

karategrrl, your tattoo is pretty cool. I think that toning and strengthening the chest muscles is key to having a nicely shaped chest whatever the size of your boobies.

honeybunch
Thanks very much, karategirl! I'm taking some serious notes!

I'm a little gymphobic, but I want to try! My thighs are pretty muscular thanks to dance, but the booty is a bit neglected.

Bridges, I think I've done those before with a medicine ball, but the weight I had definitely wasn't enough.

Does your tattoo mean anything specific? I'm just all in your biz today, karategirl! biggrin.gif
strongirl
Karategrrl, that was awesome! Thanks for the great post - informative and inspirational! I'm a lifelong exercise lover too - been doing competitive distance running for 3 decades, love rock climbing, yoga, snowboarding, hiking, scuba diving, etc. But I only got into the gym several years ago at the suggestion of my bf, who loves weightlifting and thought I might gain some strength for other sports if I took it up. Now I'm addicted but still not as well-informed as you are. That was great and I am inspired to add your booty-work to my workout with the goal of buying a pair of those hot little "bun short" panties in a couple months. (ya gotta have goals in life, even if they're shallow and superficial, lol)

I also think weights help us small busted girls by building pecs and improving posture. In photos, I now have faux "cleavage" - a shadow between my pecs, basically, but it does photograph well.

Thanks, Nellie and Honeybunch, for the support around that ugly incident. It's funny, it was many years ago but it still hurts to think about it.

karategrrl
QUOTE(honeybunch @ Feb 3 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Does your tattoo mean anything specific? I'm just all in your biz today, karategirl! biggrin.gif

Ha, be all in my biz!

Every bit of it means something. and sorry, but it's a long explanation. laugh.gif The star in the middle is an Nsoroma, an African symbol which means, "Like one of the stars, I am a child of the Highest One, and I trust in him, not just myself." In the middle of it I put a spiral--an energy, feminine/goddess/nature symbol, and believed to be the most ancient symbol. I'm crazy into African and primal shit.

The lizards are, I believe, my totem animal. I've always been obsessed with them but they took on special meaning many years ago. I went through a really tough breakup and I was having all kinds of crazy dreams which basically showed me clearly what was happening and helped me decide to end it. A year or so later, I found out I actually had a bit of native amercian background and also started dating my now-hubby, who is 1/4 native american. Being all newly-interested in native amercian spirituality, I opened a book about it, saw a list of totem animals, and looked up lizards. Turns out they are the "dreamkeepers"--they are very grounded (literally and figuratively), and give us guidance through our dreams. Wacky shit. I made the The lizards' tails point out to the sides to symbolize duality and choice. (In tarot, my personality card is The Chariot, which is all about "the freedom to choose your own path." It also works if you consider I'm bisexual.

I have to admit, I kinda put a semi-crappy photo of it here 'cuz I don't want anyone copying it. It's original. I have to say I'm really glad it is so meaningful to me, b/c getting it hurt like a mothafucka and it made it worth it. I love it now but, shit, it HURT. (Bony area + lots of black fill = PAINFUL tatt!) It was my first and prob my last.

I'm glad everyone got something out of my previous post--I was afraid it was going too far off-topic. I do love being physical--it's so grounding, and it's one of the few things that allows me to really have "me time" and center myself. Feels good, makes you look good, and it's good for you--how many thigns can you say that about??

strongirl, now I understand your screen name better! wink.gif I would love to do competitive running and try snowboarding too (both goals of mine this year, as I turn 40)!!
honeybunch
Karategirl, that's really cool!!!

I also think I need to get into something a bit more competitive. I'd like to do running, I'm thinking 5k. I'd like to go hiking one day and learn to swim. I realize I'm a bit afraid of water (hurricane katrina didn't help with that).

I've lost weight already, and I think shirts are fitting me better. So far, I haven't lost much boobage, I'm still fitting the same bras *knock on wood and crosses fingers*.

I went online window shopping. I couldn't help but to think that I would look so good in some of those tops with some bigger breasts. Just one more full cup size, and I think that would be perfect. I do think I look good and deep v-necks that show off my perkiness, but that's a little too much for most places I go! I'm sure that and no bra would get me loads of attention.
strongirl
Karategrrl, awesome tattoo history! And I didn't know the dreamkeeper association with lizards but several years ago I took my son to Dinosaur National Monument at the Utah/Colorado border and there are some really wonderful petroglyphs there, including a beautiful high rock wall covered with enormous lizards! And the spiral is represented numerous times - it is also a symbol for travel or migration. You would enjoy seeing that very spiritual place, if you ever get a chance.

Running is great. And another reason to enjoy having small breasts and the freedom of movement they provide. Running has sustained me through hard times, given me a sense of empowerment and strength, and makes me feel free and joyful. The competitive part can be a lot of fun - racing is exhilerating - but it's the long trail runs in the wilderness with my two girl dogs that I love the most. Peace.

neurotic.nelly
Yeah, I love the energy and symbolism behind your tattoo. The spiral has been a symbol that I've felt connected to for a long time. It reminds me that change and growth, life and time move in circles rather than a straight path. The spiral goddess looks a bit like me with tiny round breasts and a large curvy bottom, the spiral is located at her abdomen and her arms are overhead.

My upper body is sooo strong, I need to work on my lower body. My lower body looks stronger than it actually is
. tongue.gif
karategrrl
Strongirl, I will have to check out Dinosaur National Monument for sure! thanks!

And that's true about the spiral symbolizing travel/migration, too. I guess that can be literal or figurative too, as we "travel through life," like the change and growth neurotic nelly talked about. Now that I have this permanent thing on my back, it doesn't hurt to have more meaning to add to it. tongue.gif

Your comments about running inspire me to do it. I want to run my first 5K this year as a 40-year-old. I may have mentioned that already. (See, senility's already kicking in.)

nn, here are some spiral goddesses. Luuuv her.

goddess

I love the trees on the backs of these, too:

more goddesses
dj-bizmonkey
as long as we're off on the tangent of tatoos.....i really want to get this:

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/darwin/idea/treelg.php

Not the whole thing, just the design part and perhaps the script at the top that says 'i think.'

i want to put it on my left wrist, but everyone keeps telling me that's too visible. i dunno. i doubt that i'll be applying for any job in the future where having that sort of a tatoo would matter but.....either there or on the top of my foot. but i have pretty hideous feet, bunions at age 26 (make sure you are all wearing the right size shoe ladies, before this happens to you), and i don't know if i want people looking too closely at them. either way is going to be painful as hell, but i don't see why i can't get shot up with a local anesthetic before going through with it. my roommate suggested i draw it on my wrist with permanent marker just to see if i really like having it their.

a-n-y-way. on a more breast related note, i have lost about 10 of the 40 pounds i'd like to drop (only took me three months y'all!), and i am pleased to say that i haven't lost any size yet. it has all come from my stomach, which i am ecstatic over. if i can just get that washboard back, i'll be happy, even if it ends up extending to my chest region.

my favorite intimissi bra was destroyed in the dryer. serves me right for not handwashing like i know i should. the underwire slipped out on one side so if i try to wear it, it looks all wonky. i suppose i could take the wire out on the other side, but i actually like the shape the underwire gives me. sigh. if i ever have spending money again i'll have to buy another one.
karategrrl
DJ biz, congrats on the weight loss! Dang, I think around here we will all be hitting the weights, working out, losing weight and ready for freaking triathlons! laugh.gif

I can empathize about the bra. Waah! I've ruined beloved clothes in the wash, too. It sucks. Your tatt idea works so well for you, tho I definitely don't recommend the wrist. I know it's tempting! Hubby has several forearm tatts and he's had to be very careful about long sleeves at job interviews, etc. He cautioned me against it. Oh, and when I got laser hair removal (and lasering to touch up my tatt, actually) they allowed me to use a topical anesthetic--you put it on an hour before. You might consider it for a tatt, but don't ask the tatt artist b/c they will probably say you're being wimpy. wink.gif I might have done this, had I known about it. don't take my word for it, but do consider it.

Oh, another cool thing I forgot to share about the lizards:
I was having a terribly tough day and prayed for a sign. Now, I do this all the time and rarely get one (or at least one a mortal human such as myself can detect). I went to the gym and stepped onto a treadmill for a clear-my-mind run, looked down and saw a lizard earring that apparently someone had dropped right there. What are the the fricking chances of that?? (Now if only I could get signs like that every day...) I have it hanging in my cube at work.
neurotic.nelly
while, we're on the subject of totem animals, mines are the red-tailed hawk, various big cats, the raven, and a few others that I am forgetting right now, I'd have to look in my dream journal. All my totem animals come to me in my dreams.

back to boobies! Wouldn't it be weird to have a dream where you're very well endowed?

Eta: As obsessed as I've been about them, I have never had a dream about them. Curious. I've never had a dream where my breasts were the focus of attention. Have you gals?
honeybunch
Speaking of running, I remember watching True Life. The episode was about plastic surgery (I think). A large breasted lady was demonstrating how she couldn't go jogging b/c her breasts were so large. sad.gif

Has anyone thought of going to a clothing optional place? I was hoping it would help me gain some confidence AND see what bodies really look like. All I've seen mostly is photoshopped and from mags. Plus, the thought of going is a huge motivator for me to get into even better shape.

Wouldn't it be weird to have a dream where you're very well endowed?

YES! That would be weird. I did have some very painful D cups, but I couldn't see myself with breasts that big for the long run. But I'm fantasizing about a pair of breasts that are 1/2 way between B and C cup. <3 <3 <3 <3
Aithinne
It's weird, I've never dreamt of being more endowed either. huh. maybe my subconcious is telling me something...

On the subject of MTV's True Life show, I hear that they are going to have a small boob one. Don't know when they will air it, but last I checked, they were still recruiting people for that show.

Awesome tat, I love the lizards. And I have no idea what my totem animal is. Sounds interesting though. What are they supposed to be?
loonydaray
love the tattoo karategrrl!! i want to get something eventually with loads of meaning that is specific to my life someday too

i think i actually have dreampt about having bigger breasts one time.. it wasn't the focus of the dream i just had them haha. they weren't massive or anything, probably about a b cup, mayybe c. haha i woke up and had to check myself i was confused
karategrrl
QUOTE(Aithinne @ Feb 6 2009, 05:16 AM) *
On the subject of MTV's True Life show, I hear that they are going to have a small boob one. Don't know when they will air it, but last I checked, they were still recruiting people for that show.

OMG, let's all get together and watch it. I'll make the popcorn.

honeybunch, the closest I've come to clothing optional is a yoga center where, in the women's jacuzzi, NO ONE wears a bathing suit--like, it stands out to actually be the only one with one on! It's been very healing to be in there and be accepted, and to see other normal bodies in all their wondrous beautiful diversity. I felt honored to be of the female species in there--one of the feminine goddess bathing in the steam.

aithinne, you can read this about totem animals:
http://www.animaltotem.com/find-your-totem.html
strongirl
Honeybunch, you may be more recent to this forum than my previous posts about clothes-optional hot springs and spa's, but I have been going to a variety of them for about 3 decades. I love them! Both the co-ed and women-only kind. I do the "naturist, family-friendly" variety, not the "nudist, swinger" type places.

If most of your images of naked bodies come from popular media, you are bound to have a distorted view indeed!

And when you go to a clothes-optional place, you are going to get a wonderful, life-affirming, joyous education in the amazing variety and infinite beauty of the human body. Please enter with an open and accepting mind yourself, not a critical, negative, competitive perspective. I wish I could take you to my favorite place, a clothes-optional hot springs in the San Luis Valley of Colorado. It is a haven of tolerance, acceptance, peace, and nature. I have seen hundreds of breasts there over time, and not one woman with implants. Amazing, huh? It is kind of a hippie haven, but people of all ages go there. I took my son for the first time when he was 4 months old and I'll be taking him and his best friend in March for the 3rd year in a row for their spring break - they're 13 now. I'm really happy that I can help them get an idea of what normal women's bodies look like to offset the airbrushed, implanted, super-sized McBoobie images they will get from porn.

honeybunch
Strongirl, San Luis Valley, I'm taking note!!!

No implants? Wow! The place I booked at, yeah, I think there's some sillycone going on. I was looking for a place that's all female, but I couldn't find one. I did find this very luxurious female and couples only resort. biggrin.gif It is lifestyles friendly, though that's not really what I wanted. I mean geez, I'm already getting hit on!

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one here going!

I found a more family friendly place in FL that I'm very interested in. I want to go there if my partner and I can't make it to Disney.

Karategrrl, I went to the spa at Luxor. Very few women wore anything in the whirlpool, no matter what their shape. I found that very inspiring. Eventually, I even inspired one lady to jump in nude. It felt really good to be in the water with no clothes. That's a huge reason why I want to go. biggrin.gif
purplestain
I caught a really good True Life-esque rerun on BBC America called "My Small Breasts and I." It features three women with small breasts and the different ways they deal with them. One woman takes herbal supplements and uses a suction pump thing on them every night for months... another gets a surgery consultation and does implant research (which involves interviewing one of the, uh, "success stories" from MyFreeImplants.com)... the last girl was my favorite, she goes to a photo-therapist. I liked it a lot because unlike True Life, it seemed fairly candid and nonjudgmental of the women. Link and reviews below:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/285/index.jsp
http://www.tvscoop.tv/2006/08/review_my_small.html
http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/200...e-of-woman.html
angie_21
hee hee huneybunch, "sillycone." Being in Vegas last year was another cure for my insecurities about my own size. Seeing so many women who had been outright butchered with plastic surgery was so sad, and so weird. While I also had twinges seeing so many gigantic chests all over the place, most of them looked so odd and unattractive due to stretch marks and bubble-shaped cleavage that I just kind of had to laugh. These are the big boobs guys love so much? Well, not the guys I was with, they were pretty unimpressed.

strongirl
I know you all probably get tired of me extolling the virtues of my awesome bf but I share this mainly so that those of you who have been hurt by men in regards to your breasts recognize that it is the men who are inadequate and not your breasts.

Mine go up and down in size a lot due to hormonal weirdness (they've always done that but it's worse now with perimenopause). I recently mentioned this to bf in a long list of concerns that I have about my body's current changes and he said very sincerely "I absolutely love your breasts, at any size".

This past week he totally put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. They have gone to the very small side. He responded with a big surge in desire and we've made love 9 times in 5 days. My breasts have been fondled, caressed, kissed, sucked, bitten, licked, exposed, squeezed, pinched, and I'm sure other things for which there are no words. I don't know how much he is motivated by wanting to make sure I feel loved despite my physical changes, and how much is that he just gets turned on by small tits and by having something different. But he can't fake his physical reaction to them, that's for sure.

Any guys who read this: don't post here, your comments would not be welcome. But take notes. Take very good notes.

karategrrl
QUOTE(strongirl @ Feb 9 2009, 05:24 PM) *
He responded with a big surge in desire and we've made love 9 times in 5 days. My breasts have been fondled, caressed, kissed, sucked, bitten, licked, exposed, squeezed, pinched, and I'm sure other things for which there are no words. I don't know how much he is motivated by wanting to make sure I feel loved despite my physical changes, and how much is that he just gets turned on by small tits and by having something different. But he can't fake his physical reaction to them, that's for sure.

OMG, that's incredible. I, for one, do not mind your stories! They are inspiring!!

I will check out those links, purplestain.

I saw this woman in the grocery story the other night with a pair of those unbelievably fake/huge breasts. Think Lolo Ferrari:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lolo_Fer...ter_Courage.JPG

They were ridiculous. As she walked, they bounced like tight balloons. That just can't be comfortable. I felt bad for her son, who was with her (probably about 10 or 11). I could only imagine the comments the kid gets from friends, and how he feels about the looks she must get. I figure she must be some kind of sex worker (stripper/porn/???) or just someone with a verry botched self-image. strongirl, I think it's great your son and friend are being exposed (heh, pun not intended, but it works!) to normal women's bodies.

"Sillycone," hahaha! laugh.gif
honeybunch
QUOTE(angie_21 @ Feb 9 2009, 09:55 AM) *
hee hee huneybunch, "sillycone." Being in Vegas last year was another cure for my insecurities about my own size. Seeing so many women who had been outright butchered with plastic surgery was so sad, and so weird. While I also had twinges seeing so many gigantic chests all over the place, most of them looked so odd and unattractive due to stretch marks and bubble-shaped cleavage that I just kind of had to laugh. These are the big boobs guys love so much? Well, not the guys I was with, they were pretty unimpressed.

I don't remember seeing too many fake breasts when I was there, but then again I locked myself in my hotel room most of the time!

I think sometimes the augmented breasts look good in tops, but when they are naked it looks like there is a grape fruit or cantalope under her skin. They definitely have an abnormal shape. Also, it's not natural to have a pair of DDs up to your chin (though I have some pert naturally large breasts) !

I'm still trying to understand as far as guys go. I'm sure there are some guys who drool over it if women are doing it. I guess. blink.gif
honeybunch
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Feb 9 2009, 05:42 PM) *
I saw this woman in the grocery story the other night with a pair of those unbelievably fake/huge breasts. Think Lolo Ferrari:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lolo_Fer...ter_Courage.JPG

They were ridiculous. As she walked, they bounced like tight balloons. That just can't be comfortable. I felt bad for her son, who was with her (probably about 10 or 11). I could only imagine the comments the kid gets from friends, and how he feels about the looks she must get. I figure she must be some kind of sex worker (stripper/porn/???) or just someone with a verry botched self-image. strongirl, I think it's great your son and friend are being exposed (heh, pun not intended, but it works!) to normal women's bodies.

"Sillycone," hahaha! laugh.gif

When I see ridiculous things like that I can only ask "WHY?"
karategrrl
QUOTE(honeybunch @ Feb 10 2009, 12:28 AM) *
I'm still trying to understand as far as guys go. I'm sure there are some guys who drool over it if women are doing it. I guess. blink.gif

I'm going to take a guess and say that I think many men (and women, in fact) just don't think it's a big deal. Of course, I think this is due to that fact that most people just don't know what is actually involved in the surgery, nor the risks. I told my hubby about the woman in the supermarket and I think he just didn't get it. I told him about the risks of implants--even those with only the silicone shell and saline filling--and how the 'net is full of women posting stories about how the implants have caused them all sorts of mysterious autoimmune problems. He totally didn't know. It's the kind of thing that just doesn't seem to be publicized, so you don't stumble upon the info unless you actively seek it out. Having BRIEFLY considered implants, I did seek out info about the risks, and was horrified at what I found. That instantly ended any interest whatsoever in implants for myself.

I think many people think it's just a relatively simple, one-time procedure--like, you just get those sacks stuck in you, you jump off the operating table, and you're good to go forever. NOT.

purplestain, I would love to see that BBC documentary. I don't have cable and it wasn't on youtube. sad.gif
starship
I saw the BBC doc' when it was on here originally. I can't remember why but I remember crying at one point. perhaps i was just having a low day boobs-wise. Although I usually get slightly emotional in one way or another during any program discussing breasts.kinda stupid. I found a clip of it but not the whole thingg http://www.bbcamerica.com/videoplayer/player.jsp?ID=578

i remember this documentary made me sad too, for different reasons-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCZDjkJoR4...feature=related
You cant really get a good idea of the girl from that clip, i dont think. some of the stuff she said before the operation reminded me alot of things said on this forum and i could actually really identify with her. its just a shame she couldnt find another way through it. im sure an increasing number of young girls are feeling this way and taking this option

im so sick of having boobs on the brain
honeybunch
I found My Big Breasts and Me and Google video, but I couldn't find the one about small breasts. sad.gif
honeybunch
QUOTE(starship @ Feb 10 2009, 11:41 AM) *
i remember this documentary made me sad too, for different reasons-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCZDjkJoR4...feature=related
You cant really get a good idea of the girl from that clip, i dont think. some of the stuff she said before the operation reminded me alot of things said on this forum and i could actually really identify with her. its just a shame she couldnt find another way through it. im sure an increasing number of young girls are feeling this way and taking this option

im so sick of having boobs on the brain

Thanks for the clip, I'll watch it when my youtube stops acting funny. mad.gif

One thing I do like about the English documentaries is that the show the full breasts. I'm sorry if that comes across creepy.
strongirl
On the "Why?" question below, something that occurred to me recently is that we (Western pop culture) have fetishized breasts. I don't mean that in the casual slang sense, I mean it in the psychological diagnosis sense. Fetishism is fascinating to read about - the sexual impulse is suppressed then redirected onto something that is not directly sexual. Shoes, feet, lingerie, wigs, whatever. I think as a culture we've done that with breasts. And once the fetishism is complete, the object BECOMES the focus of the sexuality - it's no longer about relationship, or a whole person, or achieving orgasm, or intercourse. It's about the THING...and it becomes obsessive because you can't ever really connect with it and be complete. You can't fuck a breast...or a shoe...or a whip...or whatever. You can't achieve union that way. So it's constant unfulfilled desire. And I think a lot of people - men and women - are in this state regarding breasts. So implants make sense in that context - they don't make a whole woman more attractive or sexy - they ARE sex to the person with the fetish, so the bigger the better and it doesn't matter if it's unhealthy or unnatural. The woman becomes peripheral, just a delivery system for the fetish, the breasts.

I also don't think it's coincidental that the most breast obsessed cultures - US and UK - are the ones least likely to nurse their babies and wean the earliest, providing that early sense of denial and unfulfillment that sets up a fetish.

My latest theory.
honeybunch
QUOTE(strongirl @ Feb 10 2009, 12:52 PM) *
On the "Why?" question below, something that occurred to me recently is that we (Western pop culture) have fetishized breasts. I don't mean that in the casual slang sense, I mean it in the psychological diagnosis sense. Fetishism is fascinating to read about - the sexual impulse is suppressed then redirected onto something that is not directly sexual. Shoes, feet, lingerie, wigs, whatever. I think as a culture we've done that with breasts. And once the fetishism is complete, the object BECOMES the focus of the sexuality - it's no longer about relationship, or a whole person, or achieving orgasm, or intercourse. It's about the THING...and it becomes obsessive because you can't ever really connect with it and be complete. You can't fuck a breast...or a shoe...or a whip...or whatever. You can't achieve union that way. So it's constant unfulfilled desire. And I think a lot of people - men and women - are in this state regarding breasts. So implants make sense in that context - they don't make a whole woman more attractive or sexy - they ARE sex to the person with the fetish, so the bigger the better and it doesn't matter if it's unhealthy or unnatural. The woman becomes peripheral, just a delivery system for the fetish, the breasts.

I also don't think it's coincidental that the most breast obsessed cultures - US and UK - are the ones least likely to nurse their babies and wean the earliest, providing that early sense of denial and unfulfillment that sets up a fetish.

My latest theory.

I was pondering that today, and you are reading my mind strongirl, right down to the last sentence.

I've heard and read that kids who are nursed longer go thru a serious stage of booby love, and that's completely normal.

I do agree it's a fetish. It's like people will think all these things about you if you have large breasts, including the idea that you'll make more milk. I wouldn't be surprised if some people think larger breasts=bigger sex drive. And I wouldn't be surprised if large breasted girls felt like people reduce them to being a pair of breasts-which is one reason I don't think I could stand anything larger than a c-cup for the long haul.
karategrrl
QUOTE(honeybunch @ Feb 10 2009, 07:20 PM) *
I do agree it's a fetish. It's like people will think all these things about you if you have large breasts, including the idea that you'll make more milk. I wouldn't be surprised if some people think larger breasts=bigger sex drive.

UGH, this totally brought back a memory from middle school, of two big-chested friends laughing that they were big b/c they drank so much milk. There I was, guzzling it down since childhood, and I had no such luck. I was too embarrassed to say that, though, and therefore draw attention to myself and my smallness. If only it were that easy to have bigger breasts!
dj-bizmonkey
QUOTE(strongirl @ Feb 10 2009, 12:52 PM) *
On the "Why?" question below, something that occurred to me recently is that we (Western pop culture) have fetishized breasts. I don't mean that in the casual slang sense, I mean it in the psychological diagnosis sense. You can't fuck a breast...or a shoe...or a whip...or whatever. You can't achieve union that way. So it's constant unfulfilled desire. And I think a lot of people - men and women - are in this state regarding breasts. So implants make sense in that context - they don't make a whole woman more attractive or sexy - they ARE sex to the person with the fetish, so the bigger the better and it doesn't matter if it's unhealthy or unnatural. The woman becomes peripheral, just a delivery system for the fetish, the breasts.

i think this is absolutely spot on and i am convinced this is at the heart of the problem. we never see bare breasts in a nonsexual way. we never see them for their intended, natural purpose. people don't understand that a breast is like a cow's udder. maybe not the most beautiful image, but an accurate one. cod forbid that any part of woman's body be for a purpose OTHER than pleasing a man. sacrilege!

i got in a drunken argument a couple weeks ago about the woman who was nursing her kid up until age 8. i think that is a bit late to be nursing (the WHO recommends 'til age 2), but the reaction from the group of people i was with was complete disgust, not just at that woman, but breastfeeding in general! this one lady actually said, 'why should you do it if they make formula?'

are you kidding? why would you pay for an inferior product when you can make something better. for free. plus it's better for mom and baby (higher iq's, fewer infections, reduced risk of cancer, obesity and the list goes on and on and on). i understand that some women are physically incapable of breastfeeding and for them, formula is a great alternative.

we need to see breasts for what they really are. i'm not saying they aren't sexual, because the obviously, most definitely are, but our culture needs to see and accept the duality of their purpose.

grrrr. this really just gets my hackles up.
karategrrl
strongirl and dj, this is really interesting. Quite true that it's not the object itself that's actually a turn-on, but what we attach to it mentally. What are breasts, anyway? Some mammary tissue and fat, with a nipple (the latter of which men have, too, BTW). Not to minimize the beauty of the human body, but when you think about it, that's really all breasts are. But fetish-ize the breast, make it something that peeks out in men's magazines, we cover up with tiny swatches of fabric at the beach, and go to great lengths to have "bigger and better" versions of (I'm talking about breast augmentation surgery) and all of a sudden there's a whole new meaning attached to it. I wonder what the residents of some tribal cultures would think if we showed them some western-produced porn. Would they be disgusted at the slim hips and paleness of the women? Would they wonder what the big deal is with the breasts when they see naked breasts flopping around all the time in their tribes?
crinoline
everyone has interesting points.

karate- I know I'm disgusted by it, so I imagine many other people would be too. But the "paleness" of the women? I'm naturally ghost-white, and from what I've seen of porn it's chock full of fake tans. I guess I just don't know what "paleness" you're referring to?
starship
haha as a fellow fair-skinned girl, 'paleness' was the first thing i picked up on too
karategrrl
QUOTE(starship @ Feb 11 2009, 08:51 PM) *
haha as a fellow fair-skinned girl, 'paleness' was the first thing i picked up on too

Ha. I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Yep, many of the porn girls are tan, but to the tribespeople I was referring to (think Aboriginal or African) they would still be considered pale in comparison to the kinds of women they are used to seeing every day. That was all I meant.
neurotic.nelly
there are women of color in western "pop" porn too, albeit, barbie doll look alikes. so, the tribes people of those lands would probably be either digusted, confused or turned on. you never know *shruggs shoulders*.
dj-bizmonkey
breasts are just a modified exocrine gland with a bag of fat attached. seriously. and exocrine glands are the same kind found in your armpits and genital region. but they are also a secondary sexual characteristic (i.e. a trait that develops when an organism is sexually mature) and they signal to others, mainly men, that girls are becoming women. of course, you have to consider that during our evolutionary period, girls a) weren't developing as young and b)reproduction at a young age would have been necessary because of a truncated lifespan.

i think that breasts are universally a symbol of woman-ness, but the degree to which they are sexualized (in some cases not at all) varies from culture to culture. i think because we don't see breasts all the time and we also don't see them performing their biological function, it is easier to become obsessed and turn them into a fetish.

but i digress. karategrrl you should really watch that BBC tribal wives series, especially the one with the people in the Amazon and the Himba.
honeybunch
I think I'm starting to lose booby. sad.gif
lightchested
I am euphoric. I have found the perfect solution to my "condition". rolleyes.gif

I LOVE SUGAR!!!

Cotton Candy boobs

If cotton candy can become boobs, then what the heck am I doing readying myself for work today? I want to get some cotton candy boobs as soon as I can. I love cotton candy! I love sugar! Boobs!

biggrin.gif
karategrrl
DJ, today is Charles Darwin's birthday. I thought of you. wink.gif

I youtubed last night and watch that BBC show "Too young, too soon" with the teens getting boob jobs. Ugh. Only one of them got a size that was proportionate.

I also watched a bit of "tribal wives," DJ. It's really neat!!!!!! I want to do this!!
dj-bizmonkey
i know, i had a cupcake yesterday in his honor! then i got into an argument about who was more influential, Lincoln or Darwin (since they share that birthday). i'm sure you can guess who i was rooting for.

i especially love the tribal wives episode in the amazon. i've mentioned it before, but in the end they are trying to get the lady to be completely naked (because everyone else is) and the one woman says, 'i have a vagina, we all have vaginas, who cares!' i'm glad you've enjoyed it!
neurotic.nelly
double p
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.