Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
angie_21
Warning: rant. Sorry for being off topic.. but I will argue that this is relevant because it all goes back to the same shallowness that makes girls think they need boob jobs to look beautiful:

Wow. I hope that Simon one day feels like a great jackass for all the fake "talent" he had promoted over the last few years. American idol and all those shows are such a load of crap, the modern realization of everyone's 15 minutes of fame... and it usually stomps all over the truly talented people out there. I'm happy that just once a woman like her got to stand on stage and be applauded for her amazing talent, and show Simon & crew for the shallow, prejudiced, corporate shills that they are.

This stuff makes me so mad. It's so sad that our society has to judge so strongly on appearances. And it's all being sold to us by people who will make money from our insecurities. People want to look and feel as beautiful and successful as the people on these TV shows. They have to go out and buy the same cars, clothes, and bodies, even if it means going into debt to do it, instead of relying on their own natural abilities and beauty to get them through in the world. Meanwhile, I just heard on the news today that the number of personal bankruptcies in Alberta has gone up almost 75% since this time last year...
karategrrl
QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Apr 16 2009, 05:42 PM) *
I hate when people act so cheap and obvious like that. Even if I was "well endowed" with a C-cup or better I wouldn't do anything like that.

And just as cheap and obvious are the men who stare and buy into that cheapness. Lord, i used to see that all the time in the modeling world.

There was a girl who used to frequent the gym where I used to work. She had the boob job and would wear the thin white men's "wifebeater"-type tank tops. With NOTHING on underneath. Sad thing was, the boob job must have messed up her nips b/c one pointed North and the other, East. All the guys stared. Most of them must have thought it was hot, but maybe some of them just stared b/c it had that "car crash" effect--like, you know it's horrific but you're drawn to look anyway.

Glad you liked the Susan Boyle posts. Just goes to show, "ugly" people can be beautiful, and "beautiful" people ugly, given the chance to show their true selves. And I have to laughingly observe myself, I admit--when I awoke this morning to my radio alarm, they were playing a bit of her song. I was picturing the singer as young and pretty--like all the others they go nuts over on those shows. Then I saw someone at work watching her video and realized it was the same woman, and had to watch for myself. There I was, crying in my cubicle. wink.gif
anna k
karategrrl, that gym girl makes me think of my annoyance with having D-cups and finding comfortable shirts to wear. If the neck is too high, it looks like a uniboob, like a shelf. If the V-neck dips when I bend over, I feel like I'm giving a cleavage show, and look like I'm trying to get attention. I usually wear a tank top under my shirt to keep my girls together and reduce cleavage sightings, but it can still feel annoying when bending over while using weights and trying not to let my breasts be noticeable. I can imagine those guys probably see her funny nipples and are looking at her like a spectacle, not "hot."

Reading Jezebel's post about "unPhotoshopped" actresses in French Elle, someone wrote in a comment, "Most of us are not gorgeous, and the gorgeous ones are the actresses and models." I don't think I'm gorgeous, more average-looking, but that smarted a little to read.
Aithinne
QUOTE(anna k @ Apr 16 2009, 03:51 PM) *
karategrrl, that gym girl makes me think of my annoyance with having D-cups and finding comfortable shirts to wear. If the neck is too high, it looks like a uniboob, like a shelf. If the V-neck dips when I bend over, I feel like I'm giving a cleavage show, and look like I'm trying to get attention. I usually wear a tank top under my shirt to keep my girls together and reduce cleavage sightings, but it can still feel annoying when bending over while using weights and trying not to let my breasts be noticeable. I can imagine those guys probably see her funny nipples and are looking at her like a spectacle, not "hot."

Reading Jezebel's post about "unPhotoshopped" actresses in French Elle, someone wrote in a comment, "Most of us are not gorgeous, and the gorgeous ones are the actresses and models." I don't think I'm gorgeous, more average-looking, but that smarted a little to read.

Of course, women who are gorgeous are only actresses and models, of course! No beautiful woman could ever be anything as mundane as a teacher, or doctor, or _______(insert normal job here).

From my research on men's opinions of boobs, I've found that the VAST majority of men prefer any size of natural boob over fake any day of the week. So, that chick was probably getting stares, but they may not have been appreciative stares. If you've got fake boobs and wear a completely see through shirt in public, people are going to think you're fake, since what you're showing off is totally fake.
strongirl
Small-breasted hottie alert: Evan Rachel Wood has an allegedly smokin' (I haven't seen it yet) photo spread in GQ this month. She's like maybe an A+ cup? Her dress at the Academy Awards this year made her look totally flat...and totally hot.

anarch
Youtube has audio of Susan Boyle singing Cry Me A River, in 1999

The Britain's Got Talent clip choked me up too. When she talked about "never been kissed" and said "That's not all I'm about!" while doing little hip-moving thing during the pre-song questions, that really struck a chord in me. All those years I spent feeling ugly and undesirable (haven't felt that way for about 10 years now, thanks be to cod and all the self-esteem work and surrounding myself with positive supportive people like you all here) and horny as hell at the same time. I hope she goes far and earns $$$ with her singing, and leaves the smug, bullying, eye-rolling, superficial asshats eating her dust. And that she finds true love with someone who's worthy and recognizes all the dimensions of beauty that she has.
angie_21
QUOTE(strongirl @ Apr 16 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Small-breasted hottie alert: Evan Rachel Wood has an allegedly smokin' (I haven't seen it yet) photo spread in GQ this month. She's like maybe an A+ cup? Her dress at the Academy Awards this year made her look totally flat...and totally hot.

That just made me think of another small hottie - my boyfriend absolutely loves Portia de Rossi (as Lindsay on Arrested Development. love that show!) and I had always thought her figure was kinda blah looking, probably because I was projecting my own feelings about my small boobs, and she is completely flat! I think he likes her silly attitude on the show more than anything (don't ask me why!), but that just goes to show the importance of personality!

I know anarch, I felt like that about myself, and it is show's like those that makes girls feel that way. It makes me so angry that people all flock to these shows and want to get on stage and have other people make them feel beautiful & important, and are willing to put up with the kind of abuse that Simon is famous for, all for their little 15 minutes. I hope this woman has a few more ticks up her sleeve - I think she knew she was being laughed at, I'm sure she had been before, and maybe it took that long for her to gain the courage to stand up there in spite of it. You could tell she wasn't one of the usual sad girls or boys that stand up there and act crazy and get made fun of - she knew what she could do. The thing is, she is not ugly - given the same salon treatment, make-up, personal trainer, and expensive clothing that most girls on the show apply to themselves, anyone can look glamorous. It just takes an inordinate amount of time, effort, and money, all dedicated to a single shallow purpose. It's sad that we've mixed up that kind of prettiness with beauty.
crinoline
those "talent" shows always grate on me with the smug, unqualified judges.

Aithinne - I actually go braless quite a lot. I do live on the Gulf Coast, so it's really hot down here. I don't ever feel that I look skanky or inappropriate, either. I don't go braless in sheer or clingy knit tops, that's too revealing for me. I like woven tops with a little structure and an interesting neckline. One of the best things about being small chested is that we can get away with more revealing looks than our larger sisters without looking inappropriate. For instance, backless looks are fab for smallies because we don't need support. If you go to a bar in a top that looks deceivingly demure from the front, then you turn around and it's all skin, I guarantee that men will notice you.
Examples of tops that look great sans bra:
structured cami
daring backless tunic
embellished tube
slinky backless top
pleated cami

pleats, ruffles, and other embellishments on the bust can also make your braless state a little less conspicuous, because they provide some nip coverage.
anarch
crinoline & everybody who posts links to flattering tops dresses etc, thank you. I love love love looking at the stuff you find.
Aithinne
crinoline, love those links! I definitley will have to find some super cute tops. The shirts I have now that aren't conspicuous without the bra are not very cute. So, time for shopping.

It feels like forever since I last logged on here. Our internet was not working the best since the snow gods decided to shart on us over here in Colorado- over 2 feet of snow, 4 ft in drifts!
strongirl
Crinoline, that's some excellent fashion advice for smallies and those are awesome links. Nicely done.
karategrrl
OMG crinoline, I need, I mean, WANT that backless tunic!!! Holy crap. And it's not crazy expensive. Makes me want to attack the backs of all my summer tops with scissors.

anna k, I feel for you with the "boobage at the gym" issue. Man, how crazy is it that whatever end of the spectrum you're on, there are clothing issues to contend with!
purplestain
Loooooove those links. I swore to never again enter Urban Outfitters but ohhhh they have such nice backless/halter lacy things.

Q: What is awesome about being a small Bustie?
A: Being able to go inconspicuously (and painlessly) braless when it's too hot for words. Oh yes.
karategrrl
SUMMER SWIMWEAR ALERT!

I forgot who it was here that liked retro swimwear, but here are some I just saw:

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear

Happy browsing/shopping!

crinoline
it was ME! I loooove retro swimwear, and those suits are fab!
Last summer I was lucky enough to score this one by Juicy Couture in Layercake, which is a baby pink. Mine also has a little bow between the cups, but other than that it's the same suit. It was on super clearance (because it was petite) so I got it for $33!! I love it!
angie_21
Oooh swimsuits! Usually I have to go with 2 pieces because I have to mix and match sizes, but last year when I went to the US on vacation I got an awesome Victoria's Secret 1 piece. It looks like this one, but it was metallic blue and pink so a little sexier. Awesome, and definitely easier to wear the smaller your boobies are. I looooove it. I'm actually scared to wear it anywhere in case I wreck it.

This one also rocks!
anarch
I'm loving these swimsuits you ladies are linking.

I bought this dress today, for a bit cheaper than this site lists it. On me, it goes down lower than what I normally wear, but I kept thinking about what you've said, crino, about us being able to wear stuff that's lower-cut in front more easily. I'm so glad I bought it.
edie52
I really want a ruched bandeau top like this one. I don't want to buy online, though, so I'm going to shop around for something similar.
karategrrl
And yes, monokinis!!!! Love them! Sexaaay!
I just ordered this one in plum:
monokini1

And this one in olive:
monokini2

The 2nd one has some padding but I actually like the style of the other one a little better. Couldn't decide, so I ordered both and will see which looks better.

Crinoline, that was an awesome steal on that suit!! Holy crap!

Have a good weekend, ladies!
crinoline
angie - the monokini look is so hot and chic for the small chested gal, you'll look smokin' on the beach!

anarch - speaking of smokin', that dress is hot! I think showing a little sternum (when we ain't gots no cleavage) is super sexy, but still classy (I'm all about class).

edie- I believe that places like Old Navy or Target have similar bandeau swim tops in their stores. Old Navy sizes a little large though, so you might need to go down a size there. Both stores are extremely affordable. I have a monokini from Target and I love it.
angie_21
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Apr 24 2009, 07:50 AM) *
I just ordered this one in plum:
monokini1

I think that one is my favorite from the whole site! I looked at their bikinis, but they just weren't as fun. Of course my bf liked the bikinis better, except for the badly photoshopped super-skinny look on the girl's stomachs & thighs. He actually got a little mad at that and stopped peeking over my shoulder once he noticed it lol

crinoline, I had no idea you could get a monokini at Target of all places, and for $30! Guess where I'm gonna be this weekend, thanks for the link!
karategrrl
I had no idea Target had such cool stuff--they have no monokinis in my local store but the online selection is pretty awesome. It says you can order online and return at any store, which is super neat-o.

I am trying the monokini route this year b/c we've been going through a very definite "low-rider" phase with the bikini bottoms in the past few years. I have the abs for them, but they make my legs look stumpy and my already-long torso look even longer. I will have to wait until the bottoms get all V-cut and high on the hips again, like they were in the '80s. (Yes, remember the '80s?) I can pull off low-rider jeans if I keep the legs flared and wear them heels, but bikini bottoms leave no room for improvisation. wink.gif
anarch
I just came across this sensuous photo of a small-breasted body decorated with slices from a "hand" of ginger. I had to share.
loonydaray
bump!
loonydaray
on the say cheese thread i posted some pics of myself in my prom dress (my boyfriend's still in high school tongue.gif)
i absolutely love the dress and wanted to share!
karategrrl
Can't find that thread. I want to see your dress!

PS: Thanks for posting! I was wondering if we had all become so totally at peace with our breasts that we didn't need to even discuss them anymore. wink.gif Not a bad thing, but I'd miss you all.
edie52
Loonydaray, you are adorbs! And I love that you didn't shy away from a tight, low-cut dress.
loonydaray
pics

There's the thread karategrrl. and your welcome, I was missing this thread too! forum CPR!

thanks edie52 tongue.gif i felt rather bold and i'm glad i went with that dress
Aithinne
QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 13 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Can't find that thread. I want to see your dress!

PS: Thanks for posting! I was wondering if we had all become so totally at peace with our breasts that we didn't need to even discuss them anymore. wink.gif Not a bad thing, but I'd miss you all.

I know... I miss you guys. I don't think I've ever encountered more insightful people in one place in my life. You all are the best support system! My situation hasn't changed, so there's nothing new to talk about from my end... no bf yet. But, I guess everyone else is coasting along too? I most miss everyone's stories of positive boobie love from people they know and people they don't know! Those are always a favorite. Big full-torso hugs to everyone!
karategrrl
Thanks, loony!

Luuuv the dress and I'm totally envious of your hair color!!! The necklace is a great addition--it funkifies the dress!

"Big full-torso hugs to everyone!"

LOL! laugh.gif Love it!

I saw one of "us" in the gym last night--a new girl. I wanted to run up and tell her about our forum, but I thought she might think I was some kind of perv. "Hi, I noticed you have small breasts, too and, you know, there's a place online you might like..." Uh, NO. Maybe we need a secret handshake? ...which makes me recall how I and a good friend of mine, as teens, invented a funny spin-off of boys' "secret" handshakes. We'd bounce our boobs off each others', kind of "patty-cake" style, while saying, "Yo! Whassup!!?" <snicker> Ah, youth.
anna k
karategrrl, I was at a yoga class last week, and while in the changing room, there was a girl next to me who had really cute perky small breasts. I wanted to compliment her, but knew I'd come across as a freak if I did that. But I just thought she looked beautiful.
Aithinne
QUOTE(anna k @ May 14 2009, 08:16 AM) *
karategrrl, I was at a yoga class last week, and while in the changing room, there was a girl next to me who had really cute perky small breasts. I wanted to compliment her, but knew I'd come across as a freak if I did that. But I just thought she looked beautiful.

It's kind of sad that it's awkward socially to compliment people. But, I guess, it is the boobs, so maybe it's still a little weird.

anna k, loved your pics, btw, on the say cheese thread. I missed you too!
karategrrl
QUOTE(Aithinne @ May 15 2009, 04:09 AM) *
It's kind of sad that it's awkward socially to compliment people. But, I guess, it is the boobs, so maybe it's still a little weird.

True dat. But actually, in the rare instances when I've gotten boob compliments, I treasured them. You never know--it could mean a lot to someone. Remember DJ-Biz and how a little girl at her gym said her "boobies" were "really pretty?" I mean, how much more genuine a compliment can you get than that? Cute.
Aithinne
QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 13 2009, 10:47 AM) *

I think my relationship with my body has definitely improved over the past year, and everyone here definitely had a helping hand. My problem was that I am the opposite of the "emotional basketcase". I NEVER talked to anyone how I felt, I just ignored it, and therefore never dealt with my own issues. Getting it out there in all its ugly detail has definitely helped deal with my own BS and I'm thankful for it. I feel so much better now than I did. This past year has been a very emotional one but I think I'm a whole lot better than I was. I can't get away with stereotyping men anymore by saying none of them will ever want me. I know I would be lying, since a lot of you here have men that think you're the bomb and totally hot. I thank you all, you rock! You all have helped me more than you realize..

Definitely time for forum CPR... But I have no new topic right at the moment, sorry for being unhelpful in that regard. Right now, I'm just happy my breasts are cancer-free. I've been taking their healthy state for granted..
strongirl
Loony - You are smokin' hot, girl! And I looove the dress!

I'd been hoping that things were quiet in here at least party because we all were feeling good enough about ourselves that this went down a bit in our priorities.

Aithinne, I loved what you said below, about this forum helping you. It has helped me, too. And been eye-opening and mind-expanding. You all are some of the most intelligent and insightful people I've ever been exposed to.

Karategrrl, I love your booby greeting that you did with your friend! I am going to have to get some of my friends to do this with me - I can't imagine doing it without laughing our heads off and releasing a ton of endorphins! smile.gif

All you small-breasted hotties have a wonderful day and week! You may not hear anything from me for a while as I'll be off to a beach vacation - where I plan on exposing my little tits to as much sun as possible on nude beaches. wink.gif
karategrrl
QUOTE(strongirl @ May 18 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Aithinne, I loved what you said below, about this forum helping you. It has helped me, too. And been eye-opening and mind-expanding. You all are some of the most intelligent and insightful people I've ever been exposed to.

I have to second that! This forum has helped me enormously. I look back fondly on that night, years ago, when I was frustrated with all the boob/implant craziness in the world and, kind of half-heartedly and tongue planted firmly in cheek, did a Google search for "small breast support group." I think that was at 11 p.m. Well, I was up til 2 a.m. reading, and shocked/amazed/thrilled to find that such a place actually existed! You ladies rock seriously.

Karategrrl, I love your booby greeting that you did with your friend! I am going to have to get some of my friends to do this with me - I can't imagine doing it without laughing our heads off and releasing a ton of endorphins! smile.gif

Yep, I have to say you can't do it with a straight face!!

I'll be off to a beach vacation - where I plan on exposing my little tits to as much sun as possible on nude beaches. wink.gif

You freaking GO, girl! I'll be here in a sunless office, but smiling to know you're representing us!
angie_21
I'm also happy to have the forum back to life! It's good that we have time away, it means we aren't obsessing about it, but there are some good conversations that get started here.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 14 2009, 08:07 AM) *
Maybe we need a secret handshake? ...which makes me recall how I and a good friend of mine, as teens, invented a funny spin-off of boys' "secret" handshakes. We'd bounce our boobs off each others', kind of "patty-cake" style, while saying, "Yo! Whassup!!?" <snicker> Ah, youth.

I just had to laugh because this made me think of a Curb Your Enthusiasm espisode where Larry David was saying bald guys always nod and give eachother the thumbs up when they walk by eachother in public.

Since some of us are missing the happy boobie stories, I thought of a good story from a long time ago, when I was 21 and went to get my nipples pierced (ahh, youth...) They asked if I had a preference for a man or woman piercer, and I said no, so it was a guy. Naturally the conversation turned to nipples and therefore boobs, and he told me he thought cute little boobs like mine are the best ever. It was so neat to be comfortable enough with myself to do it at all, and then to have a complete stranger compliment me, on something I had never before got a compliment for. The whole thing was kind of a turning point in my small boob issues, even though the piercings themelves didn't work out so well (1 pierced nip = sexy, 2 infected/scarred nips = not that great). I still kept one piercing, for now, just to remind myself that small boobs can be fun and sexy, too.
karategrrl
QUOTE(angie_21 @ May 19 2009, 12:45 PM) *
he told me he thought cute little boobs like mine are the best ever.

One thing I've learned here is that the small boobie lovers are out there! They're just not always so vocal.
<special boobie "handshakes" for all those lurking tiny tittie lovers!>

PS: swimwear update: If you all recall, I ordered the two Victoria's Secret monokinis, thinking one might look good. Well, BOTH looked good. I was trying to decide which to keep and hubby said, "Keep them both!" Both had a teensy bit of padding, even the one that didn't say it did, so the boobs look shaped but not like overstuffed sofas. Me happy. Now to just get rid of that cellulite on my ass..... Ugh.
Aithinne
QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 19 2009, 06:53 AM) *
PS: swimwear update: If you all recall, I ordered the two Victoria's Secret monokinis, thinking one might look good. Well, BOTH looked good. I was trying to decide which to keep and hubby said, "Keep them both!" Both had a teensy bit of padding, even the one that didn't say it did, so the boobs look shaped but not like overstuffed sofas. Me happy. Now to just get rid of that cellulite on my ass..... Ugh.

No one is going to notice the cellulite on your ass, karategrrl. They will probably notice your slammin body. Get outta here with that cellulite stuff!

Just keeping it real...
karategrrl
QUOTE(Aithinne @ May 19 2009, 01:59 PM) *
No one is going to notice the cellulite on your ass, karategrrl. They will probably notice your slammin body. Get outta here with that cellulite stuff!
Just keeping it real...

laugh.gif
lightchested
Funny how we all are checking back in at the same time, after an extended leave of absence.

I wonder if the weather is accountable for our lifted spirits and perhaps reduced time spent on Internet in general? I have definitely been way less self-conscious lately about my relative sizelessness. It's all relative, right? Sometimes rather than wish for boobs myself, I wish all other women would have theirs shrink down to my size, or smaller. Problem solved.

Anyway, I've been proud of myself lately for wearing necklaces and belts. I used to think I "couldn't" wear either because both stick out farther than my boobs. Now I don't care, and I like the adornment! I look at and judge the belts and necklaces in their own right, and not in terms of how they make my boobs look. It is a very freeing way to think, and I'm much happier thinking this way when choosing an outfit (belts, necklaces, shirts, etc.) instead of always, "But how would my boobs look in that?" Now I'm looking at my boobs as something unrelated to the clothes, jewelry, and belts that I wear. When the dependencies between them are gone (the primary dependency being "I can only wear something if it doesn't make my boobs look inordinately small") then life becomes much easier and happier.
KeraBear
Hey gals. I am looking for some sage words of wisdom. Can any of you offer up any advice on going through high school with tiny breasts? I get teased A LOT because of it. I am 16 years old and don't even fit into a AA cup. They seem like they are in that quasi-"almost boob" stage of an 11-year-old. I am also short, skinny, with a boyish figure. Every time i seem to get to the point where I am getting close to loving my body for what it is, somebody seems to tear me down about it. Interestingly enough, it's mostly other GIRLS and not the guys. Why do you suppose that is?

Did you get teased? What are some constructive ways of dealing? I am sorta conflicted. On one hand, I REALLY want my breasts to grow over the summer. On the other, I shouldn't HAVE to have or want bigger breasts in order to validate myself as a woman, you know?

Also, please tell me things will get better after high school. Thanks! tongue.gif
angie_21
Hey Kera Bear, yes to everything you asked. yes, I did get teased, yes I did always wish for them to grow, and yes it gets so much better after high school, even though they never did grow. Everyone is so self-conscious in high school, and all the girls are trying to make themselves feel better about the way they look by bringing other people down, and all the boys want the girls with big boobs, as if it's some kind of status symbol to have a well endowed girlfriend.

One thing I can say is, don't get mad at yourself for feeling bummed about it sometimes. It really was hard for me, and sometimes it just seemed like life was so unfair, it wasn't my fault my body didn't want to grow boobs! It took me a long time to change my perspective and gain my confidence. A big part of it was finding the right people to hang out with, mainly, people who love you for your intelligence and ability to have fun, not your appearance. If you're hanging out with negative people, it's really hard not to feel bad about yourself. And in high school, you don't have a lot of choice over who you spend your days with.

As I've said in this forum, probably ad nauseum, by the time I was 23, I had learned ot love my boobs at the size they are, and love my body the way it is, and spend most of my day never even thinking about it. I also learned to focus on different parts of my body, and show them off more, and appreciate what my body can do, not just how it looks. And eventually, boys get more mature and learn to appreciate a lot of different things about women and their bodies, and for the most part they get over the intense breast obsession they seem to have as teenagers (although frat boys are actually more immature. I don't understand it. Maybe it's because most of them are spoiled rich brats).
Aithinne
High school is absolute social torture. If you can detach yourself from the hierarchy and status games, your self-esteem will be much better for it. You'll start gaining more confidence as an adult from an already more stable level. I didn't feel good enough in HS either, and not even in college for that matter. I'm also short, skinny, and got small booblets.

All I can say is DON'T let people make you feel like you're deformed or lacking or abnormal. You are not. Don't give in to the ideal woman BS! Thinking negatively about your body gets you absolutely nowhere, and is such a waste of energy and time that it's completely laughable.

I've gone through a bad phase this past year where my previously ignored self-esteem problems all spewed out and had to be dealt with. I've looked at pretty much every single website about how men feel about small breasts and non-curvy body shape and how people in general perceive those traits. Trust me, from my own findings, I can no longer lie to myself and say that men don't like small breasts or that they are not beautiful or worthy of praise in general. It's not true, and if you search around on the internet, you'll find that many people love this trait in women and think it's hot.

We've all felt the way you do here. I'd read through the posts in this thread if I were you. It might take you a few days since there are so many, but trust me, it's worth it. This board has been invaluable for boosting my own confidence and I'm sure if you read it through and stick around, it will help you too.

lightchested, isn't it a relief to not obsess about those kinds of clothing worries? Just reading your post was relaxing.
Aithinne
QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 19 2009, 06:53 AM) *
One thing I've learned here is that the small boobie lovers are out there! They're just not always so vocal.
<special boobie "handshakes" for all those lurking tiny tittie lovers!>

Lol, I think if we start rubbing our tits against a man's chest in a boobie 'handshake', the smallie-loving men just might be more vocal about their appreciation. Everyone, go out and give your man a boobie handshake!
oceangirl
I'm 29 now and the older I get the more I realize how much MOST (almost all) guys don't care about the size of a woman's breasts. I'm a size A and I've never had a problem with a guy saying they're too small or anything. The thing I like about having small breasts is guys don't STARE right at my chest instead of looking me in the eye. I appreciate other good things about having small breasts -- like no back pain, clothes generally hang better when you've got small breasts. There are a lot of advantages to having small breasts if you actually stop and think about it.

The only annoying thing is in the summer I have a hard time finding tank tops because I'm a size A and they don't fit right. But it's no big deal I just wear t-shirts instead!

The thing is I'm grateful for healthy breasts. When I was younger I was self-conscious about having size A breasts but not now. I feel like -- take me as I am or leave me. If a guy's not going to date you because you have small breasts he's not worth your time.

The only problem is finding stuff (bras) that fit nicely and are sexy. I order off some sites online but it's hit or miss (almost always hit! yay). I want to set up an online store for size A women to order bras.

Take care and be well!

Erica smile.gif
oceangirl
I second the comments about playing up different parts of your body. If you're self-conscious about your breasts play up your legs or something. I used to always be self-conscious about my legs because I'm kind of knock kneed but my sister-in-law tells me I have fantastic legs so I bought shorty shorts this summer for the first time ever. I'm psyched to wear them! It's fun to try out new clothing styles.
karategrrl
QUOTE(Aithinne @ May 25 2009, 04:28 AM) *
Lol, I think if we start rubbing our tits against a man's chest in a boobie 'handshake', the smallie-loving men just might be more vocal about their appreciation. Everyone, go out and give your man a boobie handshake!

biggrin.gif Hahaha! Uh, YES, I think most men would LUUUV this! Just practice it in moderation!

Lightchested, YAY for you for branching out in the fashion area! Never let small breasts prevent you from wearing fun stuff. Actually, I think necklaces are GREAT for us gals--they add a little adornment to our chests. Also, belts are great if you have a small waist to show off. I love belts. like someone else ere said, it's all about playing up your strong points.

Kera Bear, I second what everyone said, and YES, it does get better as you get older. Actually, TONS of things get better, or at least I can speak for myself--body image, feeling empowered, feeling independent, sex got better, etc.

I was never athletic in high school but I started in my 20s and I loved the way it made me appreciate my bod for the marvelous instrument it is. I was into karate for a long time (surprise, surprise, ha!) and I actually loved the way my streamlined boobage was an asset in the dojo. Are you on any teams or can you join a club or after-school thing? I bet with the right girls around you--ones who share that sporty mindset rather than those who want to be catty be-otches--you might enjoy your time at school a lot more. Maybe track, gymnastics, cheerleading--anything where speed and agility are favored--might suit you well. I may be totally off, and please tell me if I am, but it's just a thought. Even taking waks or hikes by yourself just to clear your mind and do some postive self-talk might help you feel better and balance all that negative bullshit.

And not to sound corny, but I appreciate your reaching out to the board! Sharing some wisdom and supporting a younger "smallie" makes me feel good!
geoff
Hope this post isn't too long, but I joined just to reply here, so I guess I have a few things to say. smile.gif

KeraBear,
I thought I might toss in a guy's perspective. A lot of the women here were exactly right, but I think if I were in your situation and had mainly other women telling me not to worry, I might have a little trouble believing that's really how men think. So a lot of this is just to reinforce what they said -- to assure you that they're right, and many men really do like smaller breasts.

First, parts of your original post:
QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 23 2009, 09:39 AM) *
I am 16 years old and don't even fit into a AA cup. They seem like they are in that quasi-"almost boob" stage of an 11-year-old. I am also short, skinny, with a boyish figure. Every time i seem to get to the point where I am getting close to loving my body for what it is, somebody seems to tear me down about it. Interestingly enough, it's mostly other GIRLS and not the guys. Why do you suppose that is?

Also, please tell me things will get better after high school. Thanks! tongue.gif

Angie's right; high school girls really do tear each other down, and it's mostly because they're self-conscious about themselves and want to redirect the negative attention. You could pick out their flaws to "get even," but then you'll be as bad as they are, and what may be worse, they'll just hate you and fight you and pick on you that much more.

It really does get better after high school. People almost entirely stop teasing you. My dad told me that, over and over, when I got picked on in high school (well, not for breast size). I believed him, and he was right, but I remember it was little consolation at the time. Just hold on and dream of the future; it will come. Angie also nailed it when she said you don't have much choice in high school. You're forced to be there, all day, every day, with those same people. It gets much better when you're not forced to be around specific people all the time.

Aithinne and oceangirl said that most men don't care about breast size or that they really like small breasts. And you noticed the guys aren't making fun of you. That's because they truly don't care about breast size. They care about breasts, just not the size! I mentioned I got picked on in high school... But when I was dating a girl, that's one thing that the other guys congratulated me on, and it was one of the times I felt the most included. And you guessed it -- she had small breasts. (Small, beautiful breasts!) The other guys made fun of me for just about everything in high school, but never once for dating a girl with small breasts. It didn't matter a bit to the guys, even in high school.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ May 19 2009, 07:53 AM) *

Well, if you haven't already figured it out, I'm definitely a man who likes smaller breasts. And I have been more vocal about it the last five or ten years, and I've found that other men feel the same way. I think they're just afraid to be the first to admit it, because, just like women, men get the message from society that "real" men like huge boobs.

So when I'm with a male friend or two, and one mentions a woman nearby with big breasts, I say out loud what comes to mind: "Meh, those are a bit bigger than I like." And very frequently, after one man has dared to admit that, the others will then agree and say, "Yeah, I actually kinda like smaller ones better, too." I used to think my preferences were different, but I've gradually realized they're extremely common.

The real secret is: men just like breasts, and the vast majority of men truly don't care what size they are. I've never seen any man refuse to go out with a woman (or even to decide not to ask her out) because of the size of her breasts.

One more comment on KeraBear's post: You said you're 16. I've noticed that most women's breasts seem to keep growing until they're 20-22, or maybe even later. So, IMO, a woman who is the "perfect size" at 16 will probably be larger than I prefer by the time she's 20 or 22. If you think you're too small at 16, you'll probably turn out perfect! Even if they don't grow any more, I guarantee you're still fine, and most men will agree. Stand up straight, show a healthy confidence in your body, and give a warm, friendly smile, and men will melt.

P.S. I'm not exactly sure what "special boobie handshakes" are, but from Aithinne's description, I'm in!
pollystyrene
Like moths to the flame...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.