Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
spot-on
It's weird how we all react differently eh? Different strokes and all that

I haven't tried those shapers but when I bought bikini's last year they had those foam inserts is this the same thing? or are these more padded? The ones I am talking about are the light pads to avoid headlights wink.gif I've seen the gel insets in some stores/amazon and am tempted for this Summer, we'll see...

I need to get a bikini that fits first!

QUOTE(crinoline @ Mar 4 2010, 02:53 PM) *
I can only do braless in certain structured tops, usually woven fabrics (rather than clingy knits).
The really wierd thing is that I'm uncomfortable going braless at home. I have three brothers, who I know could give a rat's ass, but I dunno, it's just wierd.

In other small boobie news, spring is sneaking up and since I live 15 minutes from the beach, I've been preparing. I bought two types of swim shapers: full and triangle , to go in my various suits. Has anyone tried them before?
My biggest concern is that they may show, or even soak up extra water or something.
I just wanted something to help me be less self-conscious when I'm trying to have fun. I've already accepted that I will never ever be comfortable in a bikini and have moved on to retro one-pieces (thank mod they're back in fashion!)

buttercups
Ugh I'm with you Crinoline, I've soo been there being jealous of a friend that you love and never wanting to hurt them, but just feeling insecure around them. Please let me know how the bathing suit cups work and how much size-age they add, I've been looking for something to fit inside a triangle top.

Lately I've just been right back down in the dumps on my body. It's more than my small boobs, its my whole small body, but of course the boobs take the brunt of it. Idk what's gotten into me lately. Idk if I'm upset inside because I've caught my bf looking at pics of his ex-gf in her bikini (which she filled out and looked great in) on facebook, or if it's because I'm super stressed out and not sleeping/taking care of myself or what, but I've been so goddamn down on everything about myself in the past few weeks. I never used to mind being short too too much, but now I'm totally having a problem with it and I'm feeling like a little girl. I'm back to not wanting my bf to touch me/see me during sex, and I've started to hate my face and my hair and everything about me. I feel like I'm losing my mind or something. I've been especially sensitive to other girls, especially when they tower over me and make me feel insignificant (even though they don't mean to that's just their height). My insecurities are getting the best of me and I'm hating my body and feeling like the only AA that ever lived and just wanting to hide. I've been trying to find a source lately and other than those things I can't really think of any. Maybe also learning about normal adult development in class didn't help either because I totally didn't follow those lines. I also know that whenever I get really stressed out my body dysmorphic disorder starts to really rear its ugly head, and I'm trying to tell myself that's what it is and that it's all in my mind, but I still keep resorting back to thoughts and behaviors that I've tried so hard to get rid of. I feel like my bf would be better off with another girl and I'm asking him constantly if he wants to be with someone prettier. looks dont fuckin matter and i tell myself that until I see someone drop dead gorgeous that is everything i want to be or until i hear men talking about women or something else that gets me down on myself. im comparing myself to everyone and feel like i cant see worth in myself unless im pretty- something ill never see myself as. how fucked up is that? that in all honesty i dont feel worth anything unless im pretty and im just not. i just put all of my emphasis on how i look, and its weird bc other than comparing myself negatively to someone i dont base other people's worth on how they look. I only see my friends as beautiful no matter what bad things they tell themselves they see and my family as beautiful and a lot of that has to do with their wonderful personalities. I can see them for what they really are but when it comes to me i think everyone's just thinking "whos that ugly girl" instead of "shes a really nice person". i know this isnt all about small boobs ive gone off on a tangent, but i know you ladies the best and i feel most comfortable ranting here. im also hating my boobs haha so it somewhat fits. im going to go look back on all of your posts that made me feel so good and empowered before and try to get that feeling back. i need to de-stress. i need to drop out of school. and i really need to stop hating myself so much bc i have no idea why i do.
spot-on
On a similar rant

A message board I frequent (health/fitness related) has a post about a fashion modeling article regarding a size 4 being fat and the general opinion expressed by the members was that "real women have curves". Seriously this gets right on my damn nerves. No they don't! Just because I don't have big tits doesn't make me any less of a woman! FUCK this annoys me so much. And yes I posted a rant on the board, no responses to it so far maybe people actually sat down and thought about what they were saying! I hope so! Fucking idiots!
crinoline
spot-on - These are more padded than the thin foam inserts that come to prevent nipplage. They also have a push-up "bump" on the bottom to create cleavage, or in my case, any shadow of boobage whatsoever. I looked at the silicone ones, but I bought the foam, because they were cheaper and I was also afraid the silicone would be too heavy.

buttercups - yeah, the friend thing really sucks. We grew up together, and the really odd thing is that sometimes she'll get drunk and talk about being jealous of me, because I'm tiny and have natural light blonde hair. So I guess no one is happy with what they've got, no matter how perfect it looks to other people.

And buck up, buttercup! Your boyfriend is with you because he wants to be with you. Take a deep breath and think about all of the wonderful things that make you you. Since you're here, I'll bet you're pretty awesome! Busties don't come in any other flavor!

spot-on - The curves thing used to bother me, but then I turn it around, and they're right; women do have curves. "Curves" does not mean "boobs" it means the subtle ways our bodies are different from men's. The soft edge of an inner thigh, or in my case a rounded bottom. The graceful curve of a feminine neck or wrist. Even the soft contours of a vulva. These all count as "curves" in my book. Tits do not make the woman. The woman makes the woman.

also, xoxo to all you ibtc card carriers!
angie_21
oh my, so many things at once!

First, crinoline, I'm built like the women in those old paintings too. in fact, the first time we had sex, my boyfriend was looking at me lying on the bed and said "oh my god you're beautiful, you look just like a painting." so I've never been unhappy that my body looks like that! And you know what, he likes victoria's secret models well enough, mostly becuase they're always half naked, but he doesn't find their figures all that attractive. Usually it's the photoshopping that really bugs him, but he doesn't understand why they take beautiful women and make them extra skinny and put fake tits on them, it turns him right off. As far as wanting to look like the girls in magazines - when I was a teenager, before photoshopping and fak boobs were so rampant, I had exactly the the body of the girls in magazines - a 12 year old's body. I knew that looking like them wasn't going to make my life magically better, because I did look exactly like them and guys weren't knocking down my door for a date, that's for sure! Now that I'm 26 and I no longer spend a lot of time watching music videos or movies, I kind of laugh when I do see the "it" girls who are supposedly so hot. They're just that, girls. I'd rather be a woman, thanks.

whew that was long already.. spot-on, I agree with Crinoline. What most people mean when they say that isn't that real women have giant boobs, they mean that real women shouldn't have bony elbows and shoulder blades and look like they have been locked in solitary confinement without food for six months. a lot of young girls these days DO try to look like that, there's a lot of eating disorders, and that's what people are saying is wrong. While I personally think that when girls are skinny enough that their bums look like skinny 12-year-old boy bums, they've gone a little too far, I do agree with you that everyone has their own body type and should just be happy with it. There's a lot of variety in the world, and that's a good thing. I do think we put more pressure on ourselves than actually exists in the real world - for example, immediately interpreting curves to mean boobs rather than simply a healthly amount of body fat.

((buttercups)) I think there's no doubt that stress is really getting to you. I know exactly how you feel. When I get really stressed out, my sex drive is always the first thing to go, I turn into some kind of asexual being with no desire to interact with men. and relationship problems always happen soon after. Don't be too hard on yourself - you are under an insane amount of pressure right now, and it's completely natural for your brain to be going a little crazy. Remember that this too, shall pass, and you can and will be back to normal. Whether you decide to stick it out with school is another story, let me know if you need someone to talk to about it. As for your boyfriend look at photos of his ex - you know him better than anyone here and hopefully you know what it really means in terms of his feelings towards her. what I always remember with my sweetie is this - guys look at attractive girls. This include girls with big boobs. It also includes girls with small boobs, pretty faces, short hair, long hair, long legs, etc etc. It also includes me. there are a lot of pretty girls in the world and 99% of them don't look like the girls on TV. but the one he loves is me and I can do things for him a lot of those girls wouldn't wink.gif

sorry for the logn post everyone. hope you're all having a great weekend smile.gif
nbdx0645
Spot-on: I understand what you're saying, and I think I can express it in a different way. It seems that, with larger boobs, you get more of a social 'allowance' to be curvier, since there's more balance in proportion. I think that's what's getting her frustrated. It gets my sister frustrated, too. Beauty isn't one's own; it's a reflection of one's culture, and this is all something that we were taught.

Buttercups: You're stuck in the same undertow that I get sucked into. I start thinking, "I can't change the way I feel, because I can't change the way I look" and before I know it, I'm losing entire evenings to sadness. My issues are more "what if" based. "What if someone makes fun of me?" "What if someone is wearing the same thing I'm wearing, and they look better in it?" "What if I run into someone who made fun of me in the past?" " Would I do better with others if I looked better?" The final answer is "maybe." With all that worrying, I accomplished nothing. Lately it's been "What if others can tell that my boobs are lopsided?" and the answer to that, is also, "maybe." I really, really, REALLY hate to see you knock yourself around for things you cannot change. I feel that we're very similar people, and we fuel ourselves with oodles of negative self-talk. We have to stop destroying ourselves. Having small boobs does not make us "less than" everyone else. My ex's current GF looks absolutely fantastic, and he comments about how great and womanly she looks on FB. It's a way to make me feel worse about myself. In the beginning it worked, but now I see it for what it is, and it doesn't bother me anymore. They're "EX's" for a reason!
treehugger
(((buttercups))))

(((spot on))))

With regards to that Tanner scale, I don't have the under-boob crease either. Meh.

So I went to the sex store and found (NSFW) these. I bought a pair and they look AMAZING. I got the top one, the ivy.

And, I think they look better on my small boobs. If you click on the gallery, there is a couple small-breasted women and they look HOT. (my personal fave is the woman in the cowboy hat on the bottom left side.)

I'm going to enjoy these-they are supposed to last up to three weeks.
buttercups
Thanks for all the support ladies, it always helps!

Angie you're right, the stress is getting to me and its making me lash out at myself and at my bf too. I was practically starting a fight with him last night and i dont even know why, i was just feeling upset. He's really sweet to put up with a crazy girl and i tell him that every time im stressed out and going nuts, and i really dont know why he puts up with it. i know he could be with someone who is pretty by my standards and could at least fill out an A cup, but for whatever reason he doesnt mind about my size. I think it's really sweet that your man said you look like a painting too, that is adorable i love it.

nbdx, I definitely think we're alike in a lot of ways too because I can relate to so many of your posts. I do get stuck in negative self-talk and i can try to talk myself out of it and it usually works until i walk out the door, then I just feel inferior to the world. I know I can't really change the way I look anymore than I already do cause you reach a point where without a plastic surgeon its out of your control. I can't change it so why do I worry so much about it? I truly have no idea. And ugh your ex sounds horrible I'm glad he's away from this terrific girl! My ex's new gf is prettier than me too- tall, blonde, the works. I just have this fear that he's comparing her to me, since I was the first person he ever slept with, and saying "finally, im with someone with boobs!" or something like that. don't know why i even think about that considering he's pretty much out of my life now. Why bother?

Treehugger, you rock your hot tats! I bet you look sexy as all hell!

Spot-on, I tend to hate that crap too, mostly bc I'm super tiny and haven't equated any part of my body with having a "curve", but I'm sure everyone on here is right that they mean not anorexic. I think the worst comments that make me feel really bad are when its a picture of a small-breasted woman and people will comment that she looks like a boy. ugh i really hate that one! Just pisses me off!

All right ladies gotta run to work, love you all!

anarch
QUOTE(crinoline @ Mar 4 2010, 06:53 PM) *
I'm naturally built like an old oil painting.

But she's beautiful! And, funny, I never really noticed before (I'm often amazingly unobservant) that the Venus in the most famous Birth of Venus painting has small boobs. I mean, Venus! Goddess of Love! (We've probably talked about it before in here during conversations about changing standards of feminine beauty, but it bears repeating that we are not defective women, no matter how much the stupid society we live in tells us we are.)

treehugger, looking at those tattoos makes me smile. First thing I thought was, "Pretty! Hmmm...is it edible? Or non-toxic, anyway?" But on thinking about it more, I guess it's more like a sticker? Or what? (If I tried showing them off to the spousal unit, they'd trigger a lot of lickin' and lovin' ...) Ha, love this comment on their home page:

I put one on as a surprise for my boyfriend, and he got mad for not asking if I could get a tattoo. That made me realize how wrong he was for me. I dumped him on the spot.
Holly in California
treehugger
anarch, it's like a transfer-you get the paper wet and then peel it away-the ink stays.

It was GORGEOUS while it lasted-but it only lasted a few hours. It kind of made me want to get real tattoos though! smile.gif

And I LOVE that picture of Venus. smile.gif
spot-on
Crinolene, yeah I saw the silicone ones in the store a few months back and was curious. I figure they slip in the same pockets as the foam "dimmers". Let us know what these ones are like for sure! I could do with a little help in a swimsuit for sure! wink.gif

re: real women have curves
Unfortunately they weren't just talking about the anorexics they were talking anyone who wasn't curvacious or "voluptuous". Some people do truly believe that all women should look this way. Unless I get plastic shoved into me I never will. I have a great ass (it sticks out at the back), but not very wide/shapely hips, and obviously I have small boobs. I am naturally athletic figured. As I stated in my reply "does this make me any less of a woman?" NO!

<quote>
I think the worst comments that make me feel really bad are when its a picture of a small-breasted woman and people will comment that she looks like a boy. ugh i really hate that one! Just pisses me off!</quote>

Yep exactly this! I guess I am more sensitive to the statement that the "average woman" but damn how about we all be happy in our own bodies, and if we're not then work at getting those bodies to a great healthy shape NATURALLY.

treehugger, loving those fake tats! Awesome, and great pics of small small boobies! Go IBTC!
crinoline
Alright, so I just received them in the mail and tried them with a couple of suits. Here are my first impressions:

They are quite padded, adding nearly a cup size, more than I expected. However, the bulk of the padding is on the bottom, having a "push-up" effect.

Cons:
Sharp edges, but can be trimmed.
Show slightly through thinner materials.
They are quite stiff, for foam inserts.
They are a bit large for me (only come in A/B, not just A), but again, they can be trimmed.
The size makes it a bit difficult to fit them in some smaller suits, if the slit for inserts is small.

Pros:
They add almost a full cup size.
They have a nicely rounded, natural shape that's fuller on the bottom. (even the triangle ones)
They do give me some semblance of cleavage, which is rare.
My breasts fit nicely in the scoop inside the inserts.
They seem to stay in place well (when put in a suit with insert pockets)
Besides the edges, they're not uncomfortable.

So, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I wish I had gotten one silicone set so I could compare them.
Once i go to the beach, I'll let y'all know how they perform "in action", getting wet and such.

ttfn!
crinoline
Whoops, I meant to add this to my last post.

Anarch: I have mixed feelings about my being shaped like a classical painting / sculpture. I was an art history minor, so I studied quite a lot of works featuring "beautiful" women with my body type. On one hand, I think they look beautiful, but my issue is that modern society just doesn't seem to agree.
There would always be that one d-bag in class who just had to comment on how fat or lumpy or flat chested these women are. And I'm sitting there thinking "gosh, she looks just like me!".
I actually had one (male) professor who just couldn't keep his mouth shut about cellulite. He'd show us a slide of "Birth of Venus" and talk about her lumpy thighs between comments on brushstrokes and shading.

I just need to be brave and take confidence in the fact that I really do think all those classical goddesses are lovely, and it doesn't really matter what some dude thinks. So maybe I'm not so bad either, lumpy thighs, flat chest, and all.
anarch
thanks, tree. (I now remember getting temp tattoos when I was a kid, but it's been so long, I'd forgotten.)

Yay for boob-love!

angie_21
crinoline - I think it's pretty fascinating, that paintings back then were so true to reality in terms of things like celulite, size, leg length, odd lumps here and there that were all have. And still it was depicting an idealized form of beauty. The more real but beautiful the artist could make someone look, the better the painting and the more genuine the feeling of beauty. But now that we have the technology to actually photograph people as they are, the goal is to brush away the very things that make people look real. It such a bizarre paradox. The actually realize that oil paintings from the 1600s are more like people today than photographs from today... mindblowing!

anyways, I think that may be part of why your teacher was so obsessed with cellulite as compared to being critical lol also those dumbasses that make those comments are the ones that haven't often have the privilege of seeing naked girls to compare the paintings to, they still think women actually look like what's in penthouse
enfermera
tree, those tats are lovely. i can't imagine how painful it would be to get real ones in that area, though!

crinoline, the first thing i noticed when i clicked on the link to that painting is how beautiful she is! i think it's sad that the idealized look these days is so plastic, and not resembling actual flesh. when my ex (who studied art and photography) first saw me naked, with my double a's and my soft waist, he actually said, "you remind me of an artist's model. like: this is what naked should look like." wub.gif

spot on, i, too, always thought "real women have curves" referred more to things like hips and waists, not so much boobs. i guess these ladies meant it differently, though. frankly, i've always been kind of thin and not terribly curvy, even in the non-boob areas, but i still have more curves than a boy, or some of the stick-thin high fashion models. eh.
anarch
QUOTE(angie_21 @ Mar 9 2010, 03:57 PM) *
now that we have the technology to actually photograph people as they are, the goal is to brush away the very things that make people look real. It such a bizarre paradox. The actually realize that oil paintings from the 1600s are more like people today than photographs from today... mindblowing!

Huh, I've never heard it put like that before. Thanks for the insight.

strongirl
I agree - Angie, that was an incredibly insightful perspective. Wow.

buttercups
Ugh here is something I read in Globe magazine today that really pissed me off (not a credible source I know, but I still hate seeing these things!)

"Why Men Have Roving Eyes:
Scientists have found that ogling shapely women gives men the same high they'd get from drugs or alcohol. When guys check out a sexy hourglass figure, a part of their brain triggers a feeling of 'reward'. But super-skinny gals just don't spark the same reaction, say researchers at Georgia Gwinnett College, who wired up men to brain scan machines and showed them photos of a variety of women."

Guess no guy ever feels "high" looking at me. So stupid!
nbdx0645
I don't buy that for one second. I've caught plenty of men checking me out, and I'm rather skinny. My field study disproves their experiment. =P
angie_21
You'd have to read the actual journal article to know what was going on. How did they select the men? (did they do anything to try to eliminate cultural bias?) And what kind of photos did they show? were all the women in similar poses, in similar outfits? how did they define shapely vs thin? A lot of people these days define very thin women as being shapely, because it's become the norm. And the pose of the woman, sexualized vs non-sexualized, could have made ALL the difference in how the male brain reacted.
starship
What do you all think of this?

also...few pictures i thought were nice for ye ladies (nudity warning):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamhundley/1470217396/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fedalove/4336366410/

http://weheartit.com/entry/274091

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edfreeman/275...157606693303511

i love the way the last one looks like a classcial painting but is actually a modern photograph- women still look the same darnit
enfermera
yay, boob pics smile.gif although the third one just made me think "so THAT'S why you're not supposed to take a bath during your period..."

i'd read about that casting call...i thought it was nice that they were going for a more natural look, although, of course, their other size restrictions are typical hollywood.

i'm rockin a black tank top and no bra today; walked the dog and felt just fine, not too conspicuous. i love warm weather!
spot-on
Hey girls! So I finally got around to watching Avatar at the weekend, yay for small boobies! So happy they had the woman athletic and small boobed! Now if the rest of hollywood would take note and stop filling their breasts with plastic!
KeraBear
QUOTE(spot-on @ Mar 22 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Hey girls! So I finally got around to watching Avatar at the weekend, yay for small boobies! So happy they had the woman athletic and small boobed! Now if the rest of hollywood would take note and stop filling their breasts with plastic!

Speaking of Hollywood, I just watched "Alice in Wonderland" and fell in love with the actress who played Alice. Not only was she rocking the small boobies, but she was rocking armor and slaying dragons. Whadda women i tell ya! POW! WHAMMO! LOL
anarch
I watched Lovely and Amazing over the weekend, & loved how the love interest for Emily Mortimer's character said point blank (not ordering, but in a non-judgmental, hoping kind of way), "Don't get a boob job."

(I couldn't figure out where I'd seen her before, and then when I looked her up I remembered -- she was the sister-in-law in Lars and The Real Girl.)
buttercups
Quick little off-topic story.

Last night I was with my bf getting out of the shower and started complaining about my boobs being small for some reason,( I don't remember why but it had to do with whatever convo we were having) and he just looked at me and just said "they're perfect". It was so sweet * sigh * Sometimes I think that boy is winning me over...
anarch
That's awesome, buttercups. I hope you can hold on to that feeling!

Casting call for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie says only women with "real breasts" need apply -- nobody with implants. I like this blogger's take: What amazes me is that these filmmakers don't realize that they created the desire for the "fake" breasts that they are trying to avoid, because their version of "natural" simply doesn't exist.

KeraBear
Have any of you ever been to that web site 007b.com? It is about breasts and for the most part it is a pretty positive web site and it has a great gallery of "real" breasts. My biggest problem with it though is that there is a body image section divided into subsections for women with large breasts, women with small breasts, and "flat-chested" women. This bothers me because i absolutely hate the term flat chested. I dunno, it just feels derogatory to me. It also really bothers me because it seems to imply that the "flat-chested" women do not even belong in a breast category. After all, why not include it under "small breasts." I mean, c'mon!
auralpoison
At first I thought this was an April 1st joke, but it's not. Another reason that small breasts are fine & that you should stay the hell away from implants. Apparently they've come under fire in Oz, too.
buttercups
Wow that just reinforces for me why I just shouldn't get implants. I admit I do think about it every now and then as an easy escape, but it's just not worth my health. Thanks for posting that AP! Padded bras will just have to do, and while I often find them uncomfortable at least they won't explode in my chest! It's going to weird some day far in the future when implants are in a museum and people are going to walk by and think "oh god people actually used to put plastic in their bodies! " - it's going to seem like some crazy procedure from the past like foot binding (which may still be done I'm not sure ). I can't wait for that day.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(anarch @ Mar 28 2010, 05:46 PM) *
That's awesome, buttercups. I hope you can hold on to that feeling!
Casting call for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie says only women with "real breasts" need apply -- nobody with implants. I like this blogger's take: What amazes me is that these filmmakers don't realize that they created the desire for the "fake" breasts that they are trying to avoid, because their version of "natural" simply doesn't exist.

I Didn't know about this casting call from Pirates, but WHAT BUSINESS is it of theirs anyway?! In theory, an actor is hired for their acting ability and yes, to look the part of the role. This makes the paranoid part of my brain think that they want to put a bunch of hottie chickies in sexy nightgowns and secretly wink at the ogling public as if to say, "and yes, THEY"RE REAL". Disney (WHO OWNS MOST OF THE PORN COMPANIES IN THE NATION) can not seriously take a stand against implants after all this time. I will never NEVER never buy it. This "no implant" thing is about a million bucks too short and 30 years too late. mad.gif
angie_21
I agree 100% kw. It's a combo of a marketing strategy to get guys more interested in a movie franchise with mostly female fans... and it's also your typical movie exec douchebaggery, where they can judge exactly what they want women to look like, and turn down everyone else regardless of acting skills or physical abilities. Working anywhere else, a comment like that on the job posting would be grounds for legal action, but somehow in film its acceptable. Size 4 only need apply?

It's not like they're even saying they want to escape the typical slim but giant-chested women's proportions because they're unrealistic and hurt women, what they actually said was "the audience can spot fake breasts" and they need them to move freely in action sequences the way real breasts do. So what can you possibly interpret from this? They plan on fliming action sequences with "beautiful female fit models" running and jumping around with camera shots specifically designed to showcase their bouncing breasts. If they really cared just about the realism, they could have camera shots designed specifically NOT to focus on the breasts, and the audience would never notice if they were fake or not. Or put them in costumes that covered/supported the chest area, so no bouncing necessary.

Kera, that 007b website has been around for AGES. It used to be pretty awesome - nothing was categorized like that and it was much more focused on body image and just showing how much variety there is to real breasts. Now it seems to be focused on natural breastfeeding, and it's messier and not as useful for body image issues.
koffeewitch
angie21, I always love your comments; your insight is first rate and your posts are delicious. Just sayin'. cool.gif
strongirl
I second that - Angie is amazing!

Hey, I saw an article yesterday about that chick Heidi Montag who recently had 10 plastic surgeries at once, including a major upsizing to her already gi-normous breast implants, in which she said that now her body "looks great" but is extremely fragile and she is no longer able to run or hug anyone. Can you imagine? Those two things are so central to my quality of life that living without them sounds like pure hell. I can't fathom what it must be like to find more importance in having humongous fake boobs than expressing affection with a hug or feeling the freedom of running. I mean, it's her body and I defend her right to do what she wants with it. But gosh. I found it terribly terribly sad.

koffeewitch
So what happens when these narcicistic women start to age? Yes, of course, they keep going under the knife, but society's term limit for being a "young hot thang" seems to end somewhere in the thirties. What will these women do, or who will they be? Sad, sad, sad.
angie_21
aww thanks guys biggrin.gif It's nice to have somewhere I can vent all my opnions and not get looked at like I'm crazy...

um, if you can't run or hug people, how could you possibly have sex? I mean, if those things aren't allowed to be bouncing around, there's not a lot you can really do. And that would stop me right there from ever considering surgery. I'm assuming this is just until she heals from everything, since pornos are full of women with ginormous fake boobs and they seem to bounce quite a bit! But still, doing that to your body isn't something you should take lightly, it can have such serious complications to everything from your immune system to your brain (going under for extended periods can cause problems with oxygen and circulation and isn't recommended!) to your liver (I can't even imagine the kind of painkillers and such she was on while recovering!). it's just not something people should think of as normal or safe or OK.
spot-on
QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Apr 8 2010, 05:20 AM) *
So what happens when these narcicistic women start to age? Yes, of course, they keep going under the knife, but society's term limit for being a "young hot thang" seems to end somewhere in the thirties. What will these women do, or who will they be? Sad, sad, sad.

they go on the "housewives of *insert city here*" show obviously wink.gif
spot-on
There is also the issue of death here, imagine being an archeologist years in the future and uncovering graves with plastic implants in them! Scary!
auralpoison
Amy Winehouse hospitalized over implants yet again.

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Apr 8 2010, 09:20 AM) *

Well, implants aren't intended to remain in the body for forever. They don't have an "expiration" date per se, but most women that have them have them replaced every ten-twelve years.
nbdx0645
I came up with another reason why small boobs are a-ok. I recently purchased a new guitar for rock/alternative/metal. I really like the strat-style body, and I've always had issues of the body poking me a bit. (I love to have the body as high up as the strap allows it.)

Anyway, I really like that I can keep the guitar tucked into me nice and neat. I've seen some women complain about these guitar bodies giving them difficulty.

Anyway, I'm the proud parent of this, an Ibanez S Series s520ex. http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/50193_l.jpg

Rock on, small boobs. Literally.
spot-on
Yep AP is correct, whilst there is no expiry date, the risks associated with the implants rises so that's why they have to be switched out every 10ish years. Crazy! So it's not just one surgery and you're done, nope you gotta do it over and over. That's why you see Plastic Pam etc getting newer implants (and going bigger), cos they have to replace them. Remember too that some of these girls are going into debt for this surgery, only to find 10 years later they need replacing for more $$, or worse the implant surgery goes wrong, they rupture or leech so more surgery for more $$ they already don't have!
Crazy I tell ya!
spot-on
This recent topic does raise the issue of what these implants are going to look like when these women get much older, like grandma and great grandma ages? I cannot imagine that implants look or feel good at that age. The skin loses elasticity, gets wrinkly and sags as we all know, surely implants with their weight is only going to make that worse?
nbdx0645
Word. http://enterthelaughter.com/images/old-breast-implants.jpg
auralpoison
QUOTE(spot-on @ Apr 10 2010, 06:07 PM) *
This recent topic does raise the issue of what these implants are going to look like when these women get much older, like grandma and great grandma ages? I cannot imagine that implants look or feel good at that age. The skin loses elasticity, gets wrinkly and sags as we all know, surely implants with their weight is only going to make that worse?

Their boobs are gonna look like baseballs in tube socks.
spot-on
Some things just can't be un-seen! Seriously? WTF?

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Apr 10 2010, 02:19 PM) *

spot-on
That's the exact kind of image I had in my head, I just couldn't find words... thank you!

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Apr 10 2010, 02:22 PM) *
Their boobs are gonna look like baseballs in tube socks.

koffeewitch
I was just looking at some old footage of Amy Whinehouse (pre-implants) and I just don't get it at all. She had a great body, with long slender legs I would freakin' LOVE to have (I'm barely 5'4 and run about on little legs with big calve muscles from years of horseback riding, etc. On good days, I think of my legs as strong, the rest of the time, I think of them as tree stumps). But back to Amy, she had perfect young 26-year-old boobs that matched her slender frame. WHY mess with that?
spot-on
Yep totally. More so considering she was recently hospitalized with severe breast pain. Not sure what came of that? She was much better without, but then I think all people are better without implants...

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Apr 12 2010, 06:20 AM) *
I was just looking at some old footage of Amy Whinehouse (pre-implants) and I just don't get it at all. She had a great body, with long slender legs I would freakin' LOVE to have (I'm barely 5'4 and run about on little legs with big calve muscles from years of horseback riding, etc. On good days, I think of my legs as strong, the rest of the time, I think of them as tree stumps). But back to Amy, she had perfect young 26-year-old boobs that matched her slender frame. WHY mess with that?

strongirl
Re. the "old breast implants" and things you can't "un-see", I was running on the beach last summer and saw this woman sitting in a beach chair, she was maybe 60? not terribly old, and her large breast implants were literally sitting in her lap with two long drapey tunnels of empty skin stretching back up to her actual chest. Her skin was way too tan and leathery, her hair was thinning and bleached blonde, she had on a ton of smeary makeup, and a bikini. She looked like something out of a house of horrors. The implants were like two cantaloupes sitting on her knees - I am not kidding, on her knees! - and the empty skin was like draped fabric connecting them to her. I've had intimate contact with old natural large breasts from taking care of older women in my family and they looked nothing like these monstrosities.

I am a huge proponent of body acceptance and really try hard to see beauty in every body and to see the inner beauty in people even when their physical appearance isn't my style. But I was deeply disturbed by this woman's appearance and the entire rest of the day the image kept popping into my head, haunting me. I think the troubling part was that the visual horror was self-created in an attempt to look good - I kept wondering why she didn't get them taken out or replaced and the extra skin removed, why she would wear that kind of hooker makeup, why she kept damaging her hair by bleaching it till it fell out. It was almost nightmarish - like she was an example of how someone could be punished for vanity, like it was telling me to watch out and not do too much or do the wrong things for beauty or I could end up looking frightening too. Yikes. I wish I could un-see that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.