Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
buttercups
hey starship, good for you getting some retail therapy! Sometimes thats all it takes to pull you out of the blues! I'm going to check out H&M, ive gotten some cute lingerie there that fit me when few other places did. i usually go for the nighties without the cups, bc i don't fit in any cups or sexy corset tops like i wish i could. i'm in a similar place as you, trying to accept my body, exercising to stay in shape so i feel somewhat better about myself, but having moments of just hating my body. i don't like how my breasts look naked either. they are spaced wayyyyy far apart- i can fit my whole hand inbetween them! And they are so small that they are pointy-not round like a breast should be. im trying to console myself by trying to be healthy and make myself happy with the rest of my body, but i feel alot of pressure to go under the knife lately. i hope i can resist, i wouldnt want to let any of you girls down. not like i have the funds now anyways!

on kind of a funnier note, my boss at my new job came up to me the other day and said "you're so tiny, you're the same size as my daughter, cept you've got way bigger boobs- she's not even an A cup!"
i was like "welllll i think me and your daughter have more in common than you think!" - guess my padding makes me look bigger than i think i do up there! Makes me laugh cause I bet in all actuality her daughter has way bigger boobs than me!
karategrrl
QUOTE(buttercups @ Jun 23 2010, 10:56 PM) *
i usually go for the nighties without the cups, bc i don't fit in any cups or sexy corset tops like i wish i could.

Me too. I tend to go for anything just sheer and clingy. Waaaay back when, I actually ordered one of those bras that's not even really a bra--it's just kind of got the "shelf" bottom that holds up boobs & makes them perk out. Um.....no way did that do a dang thing for me!
enfermera
QUOTE(buttercups @ Jun 23 2010, 06:56 PM) *
And they are so small that they are pointy-not round like a breast should be. im trying to console myself by trying to be healthy and make myself happy with the rest of my body, but i feel alot of pressure to go under the knife lately.

*ahem*
i know you know this buttercups, it is said in love: there is NO "SHOULD" in how your breasts look. they come in all shapes, and all sizes. many people don't even have a matched set. like anything else, certain aesthetics come into vogue, and then cycle back out; rounded orbs are probably much less common than saggy, pointy breasts, they're just what the media is seeking out right now. a lot of that look is a direct representation of implants. was this the thread with the post to that playboy retrospect? if you look back, you'll see many women with quite large breasts (at least from our perspective) which are QUITE pointy.

since, as i said, i know you know this, i want to encourage you to try to not entertain, to certainly not put into words, self-defeating thoughts that are untrue. with enough repetition you start to forget that they ARE untrue. one good method for combatting self-destructive thought patterns is to have some true things prepared to repeat to yourself when the negative ones pop up. didn't you once link to photos of yourself on here? i seem to remember being staggered at how freaking foxy you are. you are intelligent. you have such a sweet nature. and, erm, i don't remember the status of your relationship off the top of my head, but i do remember that your boy was quite happy with your body.

so, (((((((((buttercups)))))))))) remember you are loved and desirable, and not an unnatural freak. and sorry if i got too lecture-y; it's only cause i think you're worth it!
nbdx0645
On the subject of 'breasts in vogue': I remember reading a Playboy article on this. http://www.playboy.com/girls/landingpages/...on-of-the-boob/ One thing the article really doesn't state is that all of these breast shapes have been existing in each era since...well, forever. I'm not saying it is written perfectly, but it's an interesting read to see what was fashionable. Yeah 90's! I don't know what's better, the playmates or the alternative music.

I've been somewhat 'grrr' toward my breasts the last month or so, but I feel that it will pass. I was a bit bummed that nobody responded to the photo of me that I posted, but if it's because BUST doesn't allow linking of personal images, I can take it down. It's really NBD, I just liked the photo since I was on vacation.

I just bought a new motorcycle, so I don't really care about titties at the moment!
anarch
QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Jun 24 2010, 05:54 PM) *
On the subject of 'breasts in vogue': I remember reading a Playboy article on this. http://www.playboy.com/girls/landingpages/...on-of-the-boob/ One thing the article really doesn't state is that all of these breast shapes have been existing in each era since...well, forever.

. . . I was a bit bummed that nobody responded to the photo of me that I posted, but if it's because BUST doesn't allow linking of personal images, I can take it down. It's really NBD, I just liked the photo since I was on vacation.

I just bought a new motorcycle, so I don't really care about titties at the moment!

Thanks for the link! Cuban missile breasts in the 1960s, hah. Got to say, my eyebrows went up at this:

"Many historians have labeled the '00s as a lost decade. We'd like to remember it as a time when society found something again—an appreciation for all boobs great and small."

What, really? I assumed that Playboy, et al, has been emphasizing bigger boobs at the expense of smaller ones, like the rest of our fucked up society.

nbdx, where'd you post your picture? I went back a few pages in this thread but couldn't find anything. I've been checking the Lounge only intermittently for the past several months, so there's a lot I'm sure I've missed.

Went to the San Francisco Pride Parade yesterday. So awesome to see topless women of all sizes dancing happily and un-selfconsciously (or at least, doing a good job of pretending to be). I hadn't really thought of it before, but their unselfconsciousness held a magnetism and beauty all its own.
strongirl
I checked out the Playboy link, too. It's interesting - I think Hugh Hefner has been a majorly negative force in terms of promoting a very narrow ideal for women's looks: blonde, big boobs, heavily made up. That's his thing and he's made no secret of it. Which of course it's fine to have individual preferences but in this case he built an entire industry out of selling his preference as the gold standard. I got no use for him, pfffttt.

On the other hand, I've always been amazed that even in Playboy, the bastion of big and fake, there are always small breasts that appear and are appreciated. Since they (the mag editors) certainly don't have to do that and they're not doing it to be a "positive social influence", I've always taken it to mean that even if they try, they can't stamp out or ignore the inherent sexiness of small breasts.
la griega
I've finally gotten around to making a post after finding this site a few months ago...this site is great and I've shared it with another one of my small breasted girlfriends to help her through her bad days too...

Let's hope Playboy can use pics of beautiful women with small breasts. Let's hope.

I found this pic of Mena Suvari and thought of the Bust and this blog. Although it's from last year, she's hot and sexy and looks like a force to be reckoned with - all with beautiful small breasts. Just seeing this helps me too because I have a similar frame to her, except i have thicker legs than her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...LER-bikini.html

Yep, our bodies come in all shapes and sizes, so true. My girlfriend and I always help each other out when we have our "weak" moments next to a woman or women who "out-bust" us. We're in our early 30's and it still sucks sometimes.

karategrrl
Great pics of Mena. I always thought her build was so sexy--and part of its appeal is that its not the typical "standard" of beauty for many (big breasts, no hips). Her chest is small but so hot, her hips and thighs a little meaty. But it's all sexy. She exudes confidence. I'm built a little like her--she inspires me!
karategrrl
Hi ladies,

Some nice bras here, in small cup sizes. I haven't ordered any yet so can't give a personal recommendation. Some are "lightly padded" (good for those of us with the nipple highbeams), and there are a couple of sports bras with the shaping cups. Just thought I'd share! The prices are way more than I usually pay for these types, but not as high as other places I've seen, and these are real cute! (Note: this is a U.S. store.)

Bras
discowombat
bummer. no 30 bands. Though this site seems like a good choice for most people like us. Thanks for sharing!
KeraBear

I cannot think of a more awesome way to stop caring about titties at the moment. Yea girl! wink.gif
spot-on
Nbdx - Sorry didn't see the link to your pic, can you post again? Grats on the new motorbike smile.gif Love my offroad bike smile.gif

Also for anyone wondering if small boobies are hawt, look at the volleyball players, pic #5 shows 2 hot smallies!
http://www.ktla.com/sns-c-womens-beach-vol...00.photogallery
Love seeing women excell in sports and not being put down for their size (or lack of). I esp love pic 6 cos my body is pretty much like that, straight up and down, muscular, with no real waist, athletic smile.gif Yes athletic! Plus those girls DO NOT CARE how they look! Inspiring smile.gif
strongirl
Spot-on, those volleyball pix made my day! Those chicks are smoking hot and totally inspirational!!! That is what I want to look like and hopefully do look sorta like... so much hotter and stronger and just plain better than airbrushed, implanted, bleached and tanned fakeness! Awesome!
spot-on
Agreed!

QUOTE(strongirl @ Jul 12 2010, 01:05 PM) *
... so much hotter and stronger and just plain better than airbrushed, implanted, bleached and tanned fakeness! Awesome!

karategrrl
OMG, awesomeness to the nth degree!

Photos 8 and 16 are beautiful. And yeah, love number 5!!! In contrast, check out number 6--obvious bolt-ons. Natural is soo much hotter!

I have to agree with you ladies, THIS is sexy. I love to see athletic women demonstrating a skill or talent, not just parading around, posing in a bikini. <yawn.>

Thanks for sharing!!!!
strongirl
Number 6 is obviously not a player - she's a fan or a cheerleader. But it's nice that she came out to support the "real women". wink.gif

discowombat
I am considering getting some of the silicone add-a-cup inserts just to help me fill out my wedding dress but the one pair I tried in the past was too big. They stuck out the sides of my bra and didn't really stay no matter how I positioned them. I think the brand was Commandos. Does anyone have a suggestion of a brand that is more petite friendly? It's funny that they are made to fit people that, in our opinion, don't need anymore enhancement!
karategrrl
QUOTE(discowombat @ Jul 15 2010, 12:22 AM) *
I am considering getting some of the silicone add-a-cup inserts just to help me fill out my wedding dress but the one pair I tried in the past was too big. They stuck out the sides of my bra and didn't really stay no matter how I positioned them. I think the brand was Commandos. Does anyone have a suggestion of a brand that is more petite friendly? It's funny that they are made to fit people that, in our opinion, don't need anymore enhancement!

I found some good-sized ones in the sewing section of a craft store. They were very reasonably priced, too. They also had some foam ones. If they stick out, can you trim them and/or sew in a little "pocket" in each of your bra cups so they don't get dislodged? You don't want to be worried about that on your special day.
discowombat
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 15 2010, 08:22 AM) *
I found some good-sized ones in the sewing section of a craft store. They were very reasonably priced, too. They also had some foam ones. If they stick out, can you trim them and/or sew in a little "pocket" in each of your bra cups so they don't get dislodged? You don't want to be worried about that on your special day.

The foam ones saved the day when I was a bridesmaid a few months ago. The top of my dress just did not fit without them! The silicone ones are more comfortable and natural looking though but you can't trim them or the goo would leak out (at least that's my understanding).
discowombat
Last night I ran across an article about the "modern" way to measure yourself for a bra which involves just measuring your ribcage and adding an inch or so to make it an even number. http://www.belladonnaeyes.co.uk/bra_fitting_part_01.htm It says that if you use the traditional way of adding 4-5 inches to your ribcage measurement that you'll end up with too loose of a band and too small of a cup size since the way bras are sized/made has changed over the years. I am inclined to believe this because when I measure myself in the traditional way it tells me my bra size is 32AAAA. I know I am small chested but there is at least a little up there and I swim in the band even on the tightest setting when I wear 32s. I know this can't be right. Using the modern way I came up with 28B which is much closer to the 30A ones I've been buying that feel almost right. I'm thinking there might be something to this! Unfortunately this also means that the right bra size is now impossible to find instead of just super uber mega difficult. Yup, I'm pocket sized.

So anyone have thoughts to share on this new idea about measuring?
spot-on
When I was doing research last year into bra measuring I read similar articles. The whole add 4/5 inches thing is so outdated, and esp if you're petite like many of us are.

Personal Example:
using 'traditional' measuring I measure 31" across the ribcage, that means I should round UP to the even # of 32 THEN add 4". Making me a 36AAA
Yeah, no way! I was wearing a 34 and it ws WAY too big in the band. Had to have it on the tightest setting from new and no lifting arms overhead cos it would ride up!!! 36 my ass!
Finally got my hands on a 32" band and fits great, haven't looked back since!

Also if you go DOWN a band size, you go UP a cup size!!! Bonus ?

So yes from my personal experience the 4" adding is outdated!!!

QUOTE(discowombat @ Jul 16 2010, 01:44 PM) *
Last night I ran across an article about the "modern" way to measure yourself for a bra which involves just measuring your ribcage and adding an inch or so to make it an even number. http://www.belladonnaeyes.co.uk/bra_fitting_part_01.htm It says that if you use the traditional way of adding 4-5 inches to your ribcage measurement that you'll end up with too loose of a band and too small of a cup size since the way bras are sized/made has changed over the years. I am inclined to believe this because when I measure myself in the traditional way it tells me my bra size is 32AAAA. I know I am small chested but there is at least a little up there and I swim in the band even on the tightest setting when I wear 32s. I know this can't be right. Using the modern way I came up with 28B which is much closer to the 30A ones I've been buying that feel almost right. I'm thinking there might be something to this! Unfortunately this also means that the right bra size is now impossible to find instead of just super uber mega difficult. Yup, I'm pocket sized.

So anyone have thoughts to share on this new idea about measuring?

starship
QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Jun 5 2010, 03:38 PM) *
I found some photographic evidence that even if you have ZERO indication of boob, you still look feminine and pretty. Check it out.
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7296/1003584p.jpg

I don't really think that'd I'd pas as a guy in any stretch of the imagination.

finally found it! you definately couldnt be mistaken for a guy and those are some smokin hips you got there:)

Sometimes i worry im the only small boobed person who doesnt have the petite little figure to match:/

that was realy interesting discowombat. according to the 'new' method id be a 30C! id actually feel far more confident telling people my bra size if it was that- even though theres no actual difference in volume from the bras i wear now and my breasts would still be the same size. silly really. im sceptical though.... im sure a 30 would be far too small for me. i bought some 32A bras once, (thinking the cups would fit better than my 34A bras because theyre more like 34AAs) and the band dug in:S. and like ive mentioned i am, although slim, not particularly petite or tiny framed. im tempted to buy a 30c bra cheaply from an ebay shop just to see...
spot-on
Starship: TRY IT! Girl I did and it worked for me the bra fits so much better! I went down a band size to a 32 (previously wearing a 34, even though according to the 'measuring chart" I should be a 36) and it's snug but stays put which is better than the 34. Using this new method I went from a 34A/B to a 32C!!!! I tried on the 32B but had my boobs busting out the cup!!! Let me tell ya that was a first!!! I still have the same small boobage but the 32 band lifts my boobs a little actually giving me boobs! I swear it's all in the band!!! Gives u the 'lift'. I bought the "PINK" brand (juniors) t-shirt bra's from VS which are around $30 for two and they've been in use constantly. I probably should buy another set really as I've had these for 6 months. I'll never buy a 34 again, even though the VS staff told me I was a 34B, um no. 1 - the whole bra lifts up if I lift my arms overhead and 2 - it's a little roomy in the cup.

Once I tried the 32 bra I got some sports bralets (which I usually wear in the day for work) in a 32 rather than 34 and world of difference. I even almost have some cleavage! Like the middle of the bralet sticks out from my chest! My boobs are never gonna touch but the 32 makes my figure LOOK better kwim? Again I believe its the tighter band lifting them up. Plus it supports better.

Yes it gives the ego a little boost just being able to say you are an extra cup size than previously till you consider that if everyone did it then we'd have more D and DD +++ cups out there, lol! But then it's been reported that 75% of women are wearing the wrong bra size, too large a band, too small a cup! Which means they all need to down a band and up cup size, just like I did. Confidence boosting for sure to get a well fitting bra!

Considering trying the fitted bikini tops to see if that fits better than the triangle style.

QUOTE(starship @ Jul 18 2010, 07:22 AM) *
that was realy interesting discowombat. according to the 'new' method id be a 30C! id actually feel far more confident telling people my bra size if it was that- even though theres no actual difference in volume from the bras i wear now and my breasts would still be the same size. silly really. im sceptical though.... im sure a 30 would be far too small for me. i bought some 32A bras once, (thinking the cups would fit better than my 34A bras because theyre more like 34AAs) and the band dug in:S. and like ive mentioned i am, although slim, not particularly petite or tiny framed. im tempted to buy a 30c bra cheaply from an ebay shop just to see...

spot-on
Also just wanted to say Olivia Wilde just got voted sexiest vegetarian by peta!
buttercups
Hey ladies, I miss you all I've been so out of the loop lately it feels like. Wow spot-on, a 32C, I'm jealous! You go girl! I wish a band size could make me up to a C, but my problem definitely isn't the band, its the lack of boobage itself.

Starship I don't feel particularly petite either, I'm short and I've got quite the booty to boot! My tummy is pretty round and I often wish I was stretched out a foot to make everything look more "right". I've recently started over-exercising and cutting some serious calories cause I thought at least if i have the small boobs I should have the body to match. This is probably pretty flawed thinking and I'm getting pretty sick of feeling hungry and unsatisfied with my body no matter how many miles I run or crunches I do. Just want a little rest of my body to match the little boobies (and it would be nice to get rid of some cellulite too!)

How has everyone else been feeling about themselves this summer? And yes nbdx I just saw the pic and you are smokin hot! Bet all the men die when they see you on your motorcycle!!
discowombat
Spot On, I've never had anything from Victoria's Secret but I was amazed to see that the Pink line comes in 30A. I realize the small stores around here are never going to carry it but I may order one online to try. How's the quality? Do they fit pretty true to size?
spot-on
32C isn't much in the boobage area, and you'll find once you remeasure to the 'new' style of measuring that you'll go up a cup size. I still don't have 'boobs' but the new size bra's make what I have look better and so I feel better! It's not like a 34C which is HUGE boobage, lol!

discowombat - yep many of their bra's now come in smaller sizes. Yep I had to order online cos the stores don;t carry the smaller sizes. The bra's seem to run true to size, but talking to others I heard that they run small. That may account for my C cup wink.gif I will say the strapless ones are pretty small in the band so go bigger if you want strapless
karategrrl
I have to chime in on the bra/band thing. I think I really wear more of a 34 band, but on 34-band bras, the cups are placed too close together for me. I have to get the 36 band to accommodate my (I guess somewhat far-apart) booblets. The 36's are great in the beginning for me, but then they do stretch out a bit (every bra band does, over time) and then I feel like I should take them in on my sewing machine, like I do my pants. wink.gif

Okay, don't know if I should share this or not, but I know you all will support me in this, so here goes: I am doing the Wendi Friesen breast enlargement hypnotherapy program. It's only been like a week, but I must say I feel overall pretty darn good about my breas-tuses. wink.gif Don't know if they are actually any larger yet, but doing the meditations is really FUN! (Kind of makes me giggle..."Feel your breasts getting larger, rounder, heavier...") Seriously, I appreciate what I see in the mirror FAR more than before. I'm having lots of post-shower "Dang, my breasts, and I, look good!" moments rather than the look-and-feel-the-lack moments.

Program was $100 and I was not able to find it anywhere for less. There's a 1-year money back guarantee so I sprang for it. I found other programs with male hypnotherapists but I knew I wouldn't be feelin' it with a guy's voice, and I listened to Wendi's voice on her site and liked it. If nothing else, it's helping me get to sleep very nicely in the evenings. (You listen to one before-bed track and one morning track each day, ideally. I don't always do that so if I can't, I listen during my car commute and just disregard the "go to sleep" message!)
karategrrl
Olivia Wilde? Yeah, I'm feelin' it. Check her out in this "leave almost nothing to the imagination" top:

Olivia Wilde

Rock on, girl.
spot-on
Yep Olivia Wilde is HOT! Girl got class and rocks the small booblets!

Ok I kinda have a new heroine work wise. Jackie Warner. Fitness 'guru' who has small boobs and she's not gone the implant route of MANY MANY MANY fitness women - she's NATURAL! Yay! I am so sick of seeing fit and healthy women with plastic breasts popping out of magazines! urgh!
spot-on
adding a pic

[img]http://www.fushionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jackie_warner_new.jpg[/img]

btw this is the kinda 'bra' I wear a lot. It looks like the ones I buy by Fruit of the Loom.
karategrrl
QUOTE(spot-on @ Jul 22 2010, 02:27 AM) *
she's NATURAL! Yay! I am so sick of seeing fit and healthy women with plastic breasts popping out of magazines! urgh!

Yeah! How can one promote health while sporting implants (full of potential complications and health consequences)?? How can one promote love and pride in one's self while sporting evidence that you didn't accept your breasts the way they were?

OMG yes, she's GREAT. Thanks for sharing.
spot-on
EXACTLY! What's healthy about putting plastic in your chest??? And we're supposed to be promoting NATURAL ways to shape the body, if your gonna go the plastic surgery route, then why not get lipo etc when you get the implants? Kinda screwed up if you ask me!

Yep she is great, and knows what she's talking about too! Brains and looks!

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 22 2010, 04:19 AM) *
Yeah! How can one promote health while sporting implants (full of potential complications and health consequences)?? How can one promote love and pride in one's self while sporting evidence that you didn't accept your breasts the way they were?

OMG yes, she's GREAT. Thanks for sharing.

buttercups
Off-topic, but I've been reading the book "Body Wars" and i think its really helping me to feel better about this whole small chest issue. If anyone else is struggling right now with their bodies (it is summer and all!) then I really recommend it. It makes you feel almost stupid for buying into all this societal crap about what we're supposed to look like. The only thing about it that pissed me off was she referred to girls with thinner, less-curvy body types as "boyish". I frickin hate that! I understand that you're trying to send the message that girls shouldn't starve themselves and should be proud of their size, but that shouldn't come at the expense of us straight up-and-down ladies without all the curves. Once you get past the boyish, its a great read though.
karategrrl
I had to share: I met a friend's brother this weekend. He lives in Los Angeles, Land of Plastic-ness. He's single, and was kind of laughing about how every other girl he meets in that city has breast implants and says, "I feel so much better about myself now!" He was like, "As soon as I hear that, I know the conversation is over and this girl in NOT someone I'm interested in." Men who like real women in their natural form DO exist, ladies.

thanks for the "Body Wars" mention, buttercups. Another cool book I've been reading is the classic, "Your Erroneous Zones." Great section in there I read over the weekend about how advertising gets us to dislike ourselves--just so we can then buy some product or service to "fix" ourselves.
spot-on
Yep I live pretty near Los Angeles, just far enough out to avoid the traffic, but close enough for day trips, just how I like it! Yep plastic is prevalent here, not just in the breasts either, butt implants, lip enlargements, botox and who knows what else!!! Yes men generally don't like the falsies, sure they look (they are men afterall) but most of my guy friends say they are only interested real women with all their own body parts.

Interesting Book buttercups! Glad it's helping you feel better!!!!

On a side note we watched "american virgin" over the weekend, some american pie type film with a 'girls gone wild' spin off within the film. One girl lifted her top up to reveal implants and jumped up and down a'la Girls Gone Wild, and THEY DIDN'T EVEN FREAKIN MOVE!!!! No bouncing NOTHING! Shit I have small tits but DAMN they MOVE when I jump up and down! Life in plastic - it's fantastic?
karategrrl
QUOTE(spot-on @ Jul 26 2010, 05:03 PM) *
No bouncing NOTHING! Shit I have small tits but DAMN they MOVE when I jump up and down! Life in plastic - it's fantastic?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I'll take my ittie bittie 5-ounce bounce over that!!
spot-on
hahaha love it! Gonna be using that for sure! laugh.gif

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 27 2010, 07:57 AM) *
5-ounce bounce

strongirl
LOL, me too, that is just too funny. smile.gif

I am taking burlesque classes and (maybe) getting ready to perform with this really awesome burlesque group and last week there was a class taught by a (very nice, I must say) chick who is a professional swimsuit model. But she has the bleached blonde hair, the fake tan, the fake boobs. My BF went along for the class since it is held at a bar - he drinks beer and reads a book while I take classes there. And on our break, he looks at me and says "I just gotta tell you, you're WAY hotter than her, just so you know." What a sweetie. We had a very good conversation (not really new territory for us but nice to revisit) about implants and why he does not like them. The "ick factor", the texture (or lack of the 5 ounce bounce), the bizarre proportions, etc. As I said, not really anything new, but so nice to just have him to talk to about this stuff in such a supportive and open way. I don't think I'm really hotter than her (I mean she's a swimsuit model and I'm a software developer, right?) and besides, it ain't a competition, but I do agree with some of the recent posts below. Lots of guys don't like implants. nuff said
anarch
Late to the party, but just wanted to say,

QUOTE(starship @ Jul 18 2010, 08:22 AM) *
finally found it! you definately couldnt be mistaken for a guy and those are some smokin hips you got there:)

seconded! We're always our own worst critics...
nbdx0645
I was linked to a site "Things Republicans Hate" today. (The article I was linked to was about yoga, which I enjoy doing. It made me chuckle.) And when I saw the archives, look what I found at number 14 (out of 65) it's "Women With Small Breasts"

http://thethingsrepublicanshate.com/?p=55

I don't want to get the Left and the Right into a tizzy over the article, but I thought it was kind of interesting. Do partners feel that they need to confess and/or convey their sexuality through the appearance of their 'other half'?
limousine
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for a few months now and thought I would share my story and contribute. You have all been of great support to me.

I just started therapy for BDD as well as taking an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety (Cipralex - sidenote: I never thought I'd get to the point of taking medication for BDD!). I've had BDD for about 10 years, although undiagnosed. My focus has been on different aspects of my appearance but my breasts are one of two revolving doors. In the past 5 months I've really gone downhill with the BDD on small breast focus.

I've experienced a lot of frustration over the fact that I must change since society will not change. Either I change how I feel about my appearance or I change my appearance (breast augmentation). I know that my problem is closely related to social perception, meaning that if small breasts were highly valued that I would not have this disabling insecurity. Another one of my strong beliefs is that women with small versus large breasts will lead different lives; the impact of breasts is huge and invades in all these little areas of life that those with big breasts can't know or understand. Another one is also that in the appearance department breasts are a trump card; I could get all dolled up to go out (dress, heels, makeup, hair, jewelry) and any random girl with no effort but showing off her cleavage would outshine me. And of course, the classic "I can't be with a guy who doesn't prefer small breasts" or "I can't be with a guy prefers big breast" has made me cry quite a bit.

I have had four therapy sessions (going weekly) so far and our goal has been to identify this make believe reality story that is BDD. The more you are affected by BDD, the more elaborate and airtight (or bulletproof) is your story. Not only do you only see selective parts of reality, you find explanations for any incoherence that just come to prove your point about small breasts.

In reality however, and that this the other story I am trying to better develop, breasts are just one of hundreds and thousands of things about a person. I've been working on making neutral and/or positive affirmations about my appearance in general, and a bit about my breasts. For example: "my appearance is in the norm", "my appearance will not be detrimental in my job/career", "my breasts can be pleasing to others". I have a longer list that I try to read as often as possible to give more weight to this new alternate reality.

The point I am at right now is realizing that the breast focus tends to be geared towards sexual desire. In other words I admit that if some relatives were evaluating my appearance against somebody else's that my breast size wouldn't really be a huge deal (even if the other girl had big ones). However, if we are talking about boyfriends, guy friends, random men then I would say that its a huge weight on the scale. Apparently BDD is closely tied with sexuality.

I have to admit that there is something deeper behind BDD; focusing on something you can't change is a very convenient way to transfer all the blame....blame for failure, rejection, etc. After all there are aspects of my appearance that could be improved easily (ex: nail chewing, teeth whitening) and who do not preoccupy me at all (I guess you could reply that are less sexualized socially). BDD offers a coping mechanism for pressure (especially anxiety). I would also comment that prior to taking Cipralex I would have sworn I was not an anxious person, just depressed. However, the truth is that I was experiencing so much appearance anxiety that it was becoming just negative and causing me to be depressed!

I figure this post is a lot about BDD, maybe more then small breasts. I get the drift that many of the posters on the forum are struggling with BDD.
buttercups
Wow limousine, it sounded like I wrote that! I can completely 100% relate to everything you said and I have BDD too. I know that if society did not put this huge emphasis on big breasts, then I would feel fine about my super small ones. That fact just infuriates me because I know that if this wasn't the way things were then I would have had a normal life without all my depression and anxiety. I would be able to have a normal relationship without worrying about my bf thinking im inadequate or checking out ANY other girl with breasts bigger than mine (which is pretty much everyone cause I'm like a AAA). I see bigger boobs as freedom- my sister has much bigger boobs and she has never worried about any of the things that I do. She has a healthy relationship with her husband and has always felt beautiful and never once was ashamed to take off her clothes in front of him. She has just been spared all the humiliation that I've felt throughout my life and I'm grateful that she has, but at the same time I really long for that freedom from my body. My body has held me back in so many ways and I even stayed in a bad, loveless relationship for years because I was too insecure to find someone else and was too terrified of the idea that I would have to show someone else my chest. I even remember the moment my now bf of a couple years first reached for my chest and the horror I felt, especially because there was so much padding! Girls who have regular to bigger sized breasts don't experience this. I have let my small chest run my life in a lot of ways and I've improved a lot since I came here, but I still feel incomplete and wonder what it would be like to even be an A cup. It's sad when I feel the need to get breast implants just to be an A, I really wouldn't go much bigger than that. Though I try to work on myself every day, implants still crosses my mind alot. That was just a vent I wasn't expecting to have...

Anyways, thanks for posting because it helps to have one more woman in the world to relate to. That's why I love this forum, you all help so much just by sharing your stories.
nbdx0645
Hi limousine, I'm glad you delurked. I read through your story and felt the need to respond.

I've been depressed about my breasts since I was about 14. Deep down inside, I knew they'd never be noticeable. If I got implants, it wouldn't be because I wanted them. I would do it so I wouldn't worry about people judging me or making fun of me. I was teased by 'friends' all the way through college. I also had family issues about breasts that really ruined my relationship between me and my mother. You spend a lot of time wondering, "What does my lack of noticeable breasts advertise to everybody else?" It sucks because breasts can be directly linked to sexuality and femininity.

It's hard to cut through the clutter, and some of it is coming from outside forces, some of it can come from those we love, but we can be the filter that stops the message from getting through. I have to believe that the 'whole' is greater than the sum of its parts. Breasts simply cannot be the key to having happiness, confidence, sexiness, or whatever else is quintessential to a perfect life.

The biggest issue with small breasts is when the seething hatred for your body comes from within. I still miss out on large social events because I can't handle my anxiety. And why is it so hard to see that a gaggle of 14-year-olds are more developed than you? I have apologized about my chest to every partner I've been with, and the good ones have been really supportive. I do wish that I could take my top off and see my man's jaw hit the floor, or catch a guy staring at them, but what would that really do for me and my sense of 'self?' Would I finally feel the validation I've been so starved for? What will finally make these feelings of inadequacy and embarrassment go away?

...Or is the issue deeper than mammaries? For me, I still don't know that answer.

This forum has been a big help for me. I was too scared to talk about it to others. I no longer wear a padded bra, and I'm much more comfortable physically, and that helps me think about it less. I wish the sadness could go away completely. It's amazing how small breasts can really get in the way of your life.
limousine
Thanks for the replies buttercups and nbdx0645.

It being all mammaries is part of my BDD story, just like Lindsay Lohan's career is part of my BDD story (I can't imagine her still being in the spotlight if she had small breasts)...anyways...

I think it goes to show that BDD makes you think there is nothing behind it other then your appearance. Your appearance is the pressure valve; the very something else behind BDD is what is so hurtful and painful that you need to be convinced the whole problem of your life lies in your appearance. That is the crutch, the pressure release for the anxiety you experience.

There are so many times I have isolated myself based on my appearance; not knowing what to wear, having a bad skin or hair day, not feeling hot enough. And many times I have dreaded going out with some of my dearest friends because those are the girls with the 32D or DD's who think that breasts are nothing (please, they have no idea...and here I go back into my BDD story).

Just some thoughts...
spot-on
Hi Limousine! Thanks for delurking and posting, I think it helps us all when we have discussions on here so please continue to post with points, doubts, etc. I think we all on this board have all felt exactly how you described in your initial post. I know that lately I have been back in the "my small breasts are the root of all my problems" headspace. I have even been seriously thinking about implants and you all know I WAS doing really well regarding my breast size for a long while. I cannot even put my finger on the particular trigger! Some switch just flipped and here I am again fretting about my breasts. Which is one of the reasons I haven't posted lately, which is pretty ironic considering that's what the boards for?

And why is it so hard to see that a gaggle of 14-year-olds are more developed than you?

I think is a huge factor for me. Sick and tired of being outbreasted by teenagers when I am nearly 40 for heavens sake!!!

buttercups
awww spot-on i havent seen you feel this way since you started posting i dont think. im sorry that these feelings have hit you all of a sudden - is there something else going on in your life that you are taking out on your breasts? I find that whenever im really stressed out i tend to get worse and worse about my chest and feel even more horrible about it. could it be something like that? in any event, sending small boobie strength your way and hope you are feeling better today. : (
starship
QUOTE(spot-on @ Aug 13 2010, 11:09 PM) *
I think is a huge factor for me. Sick and tired of being outbreasted by teenagers when I am nearly 40 for heavens sake!!!

don't even get me started on this! I just had a family holiday with two of my cousins. One is older and never shuts up about her big boobs but the other is 14 and seriously has a perfect body already. Every Single part of her is flawless, it's insane. Including her boobs obviously, which is the worst part for me. She already looks older than me (as someone pointed out). We both bought the same bikini, which was on offer somewhere, but there's no way I would ever wear it within 100meters of her, it would be so embarassing.
Why couldn't I be born into a family of normal looking women with average(not even small!) boobs. It just exacerbates my problems and makes me feel like crap. the runt of the litter.

loved reading your post limousine. part of it for me is definitely wanting the ability to make a man's draw drop like you said. I want that unique sexual power that comes with breasts.
limousine
Definitely, being outboobed by teenagers is upsetting. It just gets that script running in my mind about being 25 and a 15 year old having a more womanly body then me.

I just spent the weekend with two of my best friends from out of town who have huge boobs and flaunt them more often then not. One of them is especially fit with huge ones that cannot go unnoticed. I secretly don't want them to meet my boyfriend. I know they will meet one day and I just dread that day. Has anybody else ever felt this? Part of it is jealousy, and a lot of it is feeling inadequate, like he will totally notice their chests and it just serves as a reminder of how small mine are.
buttercups
QUOTE(limousine @ Aug 15 2010, 07:04 PM) *
I just spent the weekend with two of my best friends from out of town who have huge boobs and flaunt them more often then not. One of them is especially fit with huge ones that cannot go unnoticed. I secretly don't want them to meet my boyfriend. I know they will meet one day and I just dread that day. Has anybody else ever felt this? Part of it is jealousy, and a lot of it is feeling inadequate, like he will totally notice their chests and it just serves as a reminder of how small mine are.

Yes I've definitely felt like this- story of my life! My bf's friends' gfs all have really big boobs and I'm terrified that it emphasizes my inadequacies even more. Every time we hang out with them it makes me feel insecure and like he is thinking that he would rather be with someone like that. Or I wonder if when I'm not around the topic ever comes up with his friends and he's the one who's stuck with the really small boobed girl. Though I can't even watch TV/ movies with him without feeling this way a lot of the time. Anytime a topless woman is shown in a movie we're watching together- which let's face it is all the time- I always think he's thinking -" what happened to her" when he sees a normal-sized chest. It definitely hurts and causes problems in our relationship. I convince myself that there is no way he could be attracted to someone like me over a girl with breasts that are at least an A cup. And if you go by that standard then I feel that he is more attracted to every other woman besides me, because just about every woman has reached at least an A it seems. *sigh *

And yes I hate getting outbreasted by teenagers. Since I started wearing padded bras though at least I'm the only one who really notices it now. I used to be so embarrassed if people saw me next to a 13 year old who had bigger boobs than me when I was in my twenties!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.