Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 15 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I done has killed the thread?

I went ahead & bumped the Constructing/Deconstructing thread.

I'm not sure. But I have a hard time seeing the correlation between what we were recently talking about and the topic of the "Constructing/Deconstructing" thread. Seems to be more about body perception dealing with photography/filming and body perceptions regarding celebrities. I am failing to make the connection.
auralpoison
QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Oct 16 2010, 10:22 PM) *
I'm not sure. But I have a hard time seeing the correlation between what we were recently talking about and the topic of the "Constructing/Deconstructing" thread. Seems to be more about body perception dealing with photography/filming and body perceptions regarding celebrities. I am failing to make the connection.

I just wanted to move the conversation out of the breast threads so that folks can get back to talkin' boobies. And since there are so few of us, the convo will likely peter out; I saw no need to start a whole new thread. Hence it's dead thread repurposing at work using the Constructing/Deconstructing thread for our own new ends.

As I see it, "body perception" falls in with the comparing of one's self with others (regular people or vaunted celebrities), which then leads to the idea of compensating for perceived failings drilled into us by the media. N'est-ce pas?

If you've a better idea, though, I'm all ears. I can't really think of a clever name for a new thread, either.
auralpoison
No takers? Damn.

Found this on Jezebel from Wired.

The idea of sucking strange fat out of anywhere & moving it around creeps me out, but if my fat were like my blood (I am an O-, universal donor, ya'll!) I'd be having my thighs sucked to make bigger boobies for all that wanted them! biggrin.gif
KeraBear
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 21 2010, 05:21 PM) *
No takers? Damn.

Found this on Jezebel from Wired.

The idea of sucking strange fat out of anywhere & moving it around creeps me out, but if my fat were like my blood (I am an O-, universal donor, ya'll!) I'd be having my thighs sucked to make bigger boobies for all that wanted them! biggrin.gif

Whoa. That is wild! Glad to hear that you are in the spirit of sharing, AP. smile.gif
spot-on
Hi Ladies

I've thought long and hard about posting on here but wanted to give you all an update instead of leaving you hanging.

Last time I posted two months ago I was really down on my boobs. I mentioned getting surgery and I've looked into it, and still am, even to the point of making some consult appointments with plastic surgeons in our area. The big thing for me, was the last 2-3 months I kicked my fitness/diet up a notch, lost more body fat and the boobs have flattened out even more. I want to lose a little more body fat, maybe 2-3% or about 5-8lbs so I can only imagine what will happen then! 2 years ago I was 30lbs heavier with B cups, I am NOT interested in gaining 30lbs back to have the B's, I love my abs, arms and legs as is, I just have hardly any boobs sad.gif Bra's I bought earlier this year no longer fit, so I know the body shape has changed and it's not just my overactive imagination. Which also sucks, cos now I feel like I have evidence of where my boobs once were!

A friend of mine suggested taking some nude pics, so I did that this week and Boy did that slap me in the face, more than seeing myself naked in a mirror. I now see why fitness models/professionals get implants, we have low body fat and boobs are a big hunk of fat (along with mammory glands etc) but once you pass a certain % body fat what boobs you have shrivel up and die sad.gif I want to look how I do in my VS miraculous bra (adds 2 sizes), but I want it without the damn industrial padding I have to take off at the end of the evening.

I am sick and tired of going through this rollercoaster, it's been a struggle since I was a teenage and I go through this every few months. I need to face facts that I am NOT happy with the boobs as they are, I go through good times sure, but that's mostly when I get down on bigger boobs or implanted boobs. It's jealousy, and I put down big/fake boobs in order to make myself feel better, which is NOT ok! I am sick to death of wearing a padded push up bra to feel like I look good in clothes. I'd for once like to feel confident wearing a sports top with no t-shirt but feel I can't most the time cos I have so little to fill the top, and bikini? forget it! I'm tired of it, I'm tired of wondering IF I should get surgery and just do it.

I know some women are 100% happy with their small boobs, but I've had enough. I feel I need to give surgery a REAL look. Even if it turns out horrible what will really change? I hate my boobs now, so them being horrible after surgery won't be a huge difference! Right now I am 95% headed the surgery route, and may get implants in late November. I don't want HUGE boobs, I just want SOME boobs. I want to look proportional, I want my boobs to stick out further than my ribcage without a bra shoving them up and together, I want some cleavage, I want to be able to wear triangle tops and dresses, fill out a bikini, and generally fill out the tops I have. I'd like to be able to lift my arms up over my head and have SOMETHING there still on my chest!

I also wanted to add an experience I had recently with DH AFTER I told him I was looking into surgery (which he was initially against, but supports me in whatever decision I make). We were lying in bed, I was on my back what little boob tissue I have left dissapearing into my armpit, he had his hand on my boob. We were talking about boobs and implants when he suddenly said "shit, babe, I think you have a lump!" after the initial shock I felt it and said "yes darling I have lots like that, they are called ribs"... so yeah, I don't want DH grabbing RIBs instead of boob. Enough!

Thanks for reading, and I just wanted to thank you all for the support, help, advice and friendship over the last year.

hugs
starship
*hugs for spot-on*

I feel exactly the same way sometimes and have thought about surgery quite a often when I'm at a low point or when something negative happens.. I'm 22 and whilst I definitely wont be getting it in the foreseeable future (for various reasons) I have to admit I haven't ruled it out as a route I might take when I'm a bit older.

If you do go through with it I hope you keep us updated. Personally I'd be quite interested in hearing about the experience/decision process...
buttercups
Not much time to post this am, more later.

But all I have to say right now is : (

I'm sorry spot-on, I know how you feel, I really truly do, but I'll be really sad to lose another of us. Of course that shouldn't influence your decision at all and I support you and completely understand.

More later when I'm not rushing to work!
nbdx0645
I might post more on this later, I have to get to work soon...but I really see that fake breasts have far more disadvantages than they do advantages. sad.gif Maybe it'd be good to write down the pros and cons to getting implants/staying natural before you proceed any further. Wishing you comfort, Spot-on...
starship
It sounds to me as if spot-on is beyond the point of being persuaded by our discussions, which is why I didn't go into the pros & cons etc. It is a shame but she seems like a smart lady and I'm sure she'll make the right decision for her and not rush into anything. *more hugs*
nbdx0645
QUOTE(starship @ Oct 22 2010, 12:08 PM) *
It sounds to me as if spot-on is beyond the point of being persuaded by our discussions, which is why I didn't go into the pros & cons etc. It is a shame but she seems like a smart lady and I'm sure she'll make the right decision for her and not rush into anything. *more hugs*

I'm just speaking for what I'd do in this situation. I like seeing all the pros/cons laid out visually. She said she was at 95%, so it might help her tip the scale to the 100%. It sounds kinda cheesy but it gives me perspective. It gives me something to do when the task at hand feels impossible to resolve.

Spot-on, have you thought about also seeing a counselor while going through the surgery consultation process? Your last few months in posts have been quite an emotional rollercoaster, and I hope that no matter what happens, you can level out your highs and lows when it comes to your body image. As much as I'm against implants, I'm not going to jump on you for your decision. It really hurt when I found my mom's were fake (for many reasons) but I understand why she did it. She was really happy with the result. I'd only talk you out of getting implants if you wanted me to.
KeraBear
Yeah, my reaction was much the same as Buttercup's at first - Oh no! We're going to lose one of us! But yes, like Starship said, Spot-on seems like a smart gal and in the end she will make the right decision for her.

I would be lying if I said I had not thought about surgery myself. Most of us probably have on out down days! But i am 18 (just turned recently. Lavish me with happy wishes everyone! GO! wink.gif ) and I dunno... considering i started my periods at 15 (almost 16, geeeez!), I feel like there is a possibility that i might not even be done with puberty yet. Not that I would have surgery at 18 anyways. But if you do it Spot-on, do not be a stanger, because I want to hear all about the experience! Like was it worth it etc.?

Some sort of counseling before taking the big plunge sounds like a good idea though, so I second that.
KeraBear
Oh and another extra big hug to spot-on. Sorry you are going through such a rough time. *HUG*
spot-on
Thanks Girls for all the hugs and supports

nbdx0645 - I already made that list, it's also how I analyze things and figure out things, anal/logic mind I guess.

I'm still having those occasional "but they really aren't THAT bad moments" but mostly it's a "HELL yes lets do this!". I guess for me it's different cos I am 38 here. I've been feeling everything you've all been feeling since a teenager, plus some, so this isn't a decision I've taken lightly at all. Also with my profession I'm becoming increasingly more and more self conscious as the booblets continue to shrink sad.gif Here I am with this tight body (size 3 juniors! - yes I'm 38 yrs old!), hovering around 15% body fat, 6 pack almost showing (got a 2 pack so far and if I contract and lean back a little I see the full 6!) and I have barely anything to put in my sports bra sad.gif Some tops work better than others, depending on how I squish what I have in, but mostly they flatten out more. I don't look too bad from the front, but from the side - there is nothing. No projection. Also, if I have my heart rate monitor strap on my chest then my sports bra - well my strap sticks out as much as my boobs, sad! Though it does give them a little lift which helps, lol!

Due to work schedule I'm looking at early December for surgery if I opt to go through with it. Early Dec will give me 3-4 weeks recovery till I go back to work. Right now I'm sitting here in my VS bazooka bra thinking YES! This shape looks good on me. Taking photo's with the bra on/off helps cos we SEE ourselves in the mirror differently to photographs.

Heading more into the 99% range of going for surgery. I am more confident with my bazooka bra on for sure. Yes this is all about confidence and self image, yes I've had highs/lows since the boobs stopped developing, but moreso since I saw them shrinking with age/fat loss.

For me personally there is also the fact that we aren't having children. This is my body now and always. No ravaging changes due to pregnancy hormones. If you are young and considering kids I'd say definitely wait till you've had kids purely for the fact that boobs grow during pregnancy, sometimes they shrink back sometimes they don't! That's not an option for us. I'd hate to be in this same position in 10 years time having been through another 10 years of hi/low emotions rollercoaster hating my breasts.

enfermera
(((spot-on))) You're an intelligent lady who's thought about this for a long time. I'm sure you'll do what's right for you.

KeraBear, you might still develop more. My younger sister grew a cup size in her mid 20's, with no weight gain! On the other hand, i spent a long time hoping mine would fill out more. I'm pretty comfortable with them now, though. Maybe if I ever get pregnant or something...

spot-on's comment about sports bras reminds me: they all mash you down some, but i bought this bra from Title Nine, and it is much better than the others i've tried. very little compression, definitely avoids the "uniboob" look, and it's nice and wicking.
starship
This talk reminds me of what my mum said to me recently. I'd been shopping and bought a new bra set, and said how my 14 year old cousin had also got one (as they were on offer). My mum asked if she (cousin) had 'overtaken' me yet (even though it's pretty damn obvious) and I said yes quite matter of factly without getting embarrassed and her reply was in a pitying voice "oh, never mind, you'll catch up one day". I was like no mum I'm 22 and have no intention of getting fat so I doubt that's going to happen. She went on about boobs always changing etc. She made it out to be some kind of competition/race...that I was losing. Which is exactly the mindset I'm trying to avoid. grr.
nbdx0645
That's so sucky Starship. sad.gif I hate it when women compare boobs. It seems really shallow and creepy. I think you handled that crappy situation really well. Good for you, girl.

---
I don't really know how to segue into this but ... it's my birthday! My coworkers brought me a ton of food: brownies, fruit pizza, apple dumplings and a veggie tray. I'm so stuffed. And I just got home to open a present. The BF got me two bras from my wish list. Yaaay! I have a lingere fetish. It's pretty bad...I should photograph my collection sometime. I guess that's what happens when you still use bras from high school.

Unlined bra from VS
Lacy Wireless Bra from Gap

And just for fun, this is a bra that I bought last week: Lace Bandeau Bra (in black) I need to get a price adjustment on it; it's on sale now.

He's such a sweetheart. I was a bit down about being so small the last few days. I spent some time thinking about what they mean to me and what they mean to other people. It makes me happy that my boyfriend was thinking about them, too. On a piece of paper he wrote "For my beautiful girlfriend on her birthday." It made me cry. It felt so good.

Edit: zomg I almost missed that Kera had a birthday recently, too. Happy belated birthday!
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(enfermera @ Oct 25 2010, 02:51 PM) *
(((spot-on))) You're an intelligent lady who's thought about this for a long time. I'm sure you'll do what's right for you.

KeraBear, you might still develop more. My younger sister grew a cup size in her mid 20's, with no weight gain! On the other hand, i spent a long time hoping mine would fill out more. I'm pretty comfortable with them now, though. Maybe if I ever get pregnant or something...

spot-on's comment about sports bras reminds me: they all mash you down some, but i bought this bra from Title Nine, and it is much better than the others i've tried. very little compression, definitely avoids the "uniboob" look, and it's nice and wicking.

I agree as I have told KeraBear myself that she could still develop more. I was an A cup until a few months after I turned 18 and developed into a B. I still call it "my little miracle" I was not really counting on it happening but I was glad that it did. One can still develop a little more in adulthood.
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(starship @ Oct 25 2010, 04:14 PM) *
This talk reminds me of what my mum said to me recently. I'd been shopping and bought a new bra set, and said how my 14 year old cousin had also got one (as they were on offer). My mum asked if she (cousin) had 'overtaken' me yet (even though it's pretty damn obvious) and I said yes quite matter of factly without getting embarrassed and her reply was in a pitying voice "oh, never mind, you'll catch up one day". I was like no mum I'm 22 and have no intention of getting fat so I doubt that's going to happen. She went on about boobs always changing etc. She made it out to be some kind of competition/race...that I was losing. Which is exactly the mindset I'm trying to avoid. grr.

Ahh the comparing and its subjects of "overtaking" and "surpassion". I have gotten that from family and friends of family that have those "blooming" girls as daughters, sisters and freinds but thankfully I don't get any of that from my own circle of friends.

And that is the age range when these girls start overtaking us, anywhere from 11-16. And this still happens to slender B-cupped women like myself.
KeraBear
Thanks! Happy Birthday to you toooooooooooo!! smile.gif

I almost forgot to mention that I ran into two young woman that were rocking some small booblets this past weekend. One was at a customer rep at the AT&T store. And the other was a waitress at a Lone Star restaurant. I was in awe because they radiated such cool and confidence. They could not have been more than a AA cup too. Gals like these always leave me feeling good about myself and inspired to rock myself out too!

This made me observe that whenever i run into another girl, I ALWAYS find myself taking note of her boobs. Always. Like with these gals i just mentioned, and then i made a judgment about them even though in this case it was super positive, it was a judgment all the same. Which makes me think that other girls are always taking note of MY boobs and making a judgment about me - for better or for worse. SOOOOOOOOOO.... now i am feeling super self conscious. Am i making any sense? huh.gif
strongirl
Spot-on, a huge hug to you - ultimately this is your body and your decision and the whole point is being able to enjoy your body and your life, so if implants help you do that, then get implants.

I'm rushed so this may be a bit random.

There's a website with similar forums to this, for women with or considering implants, I don't have the link but if you google "Yes, they're fake" you should find it. I have issues with the whole thing and some of the posters turn me off but there is good info and it is nice to see women there being supportive of each other and sharing medical info, much like we do.

Re. post-puberty size changes, I'm 49 but when I was in my late 30's and joked with some older friends about getting implants, several of them said "Don't! Wait till perimenopause and you'll gain a cup size or two." Well, mine have always gone up and down but I must say in the past few years I have gained - at the peak of my cycle I'm now about a mid-B and have even hit some large B/small C days (at the same weight/body fat as before). I'm normally pretty much a 34A and at biggest a small B. From what I've learned, this is common. For what it's worth, my life is no different or better for this change, including my sex life which was already awesome.

Have you considered Macrolane injections to get a couple of cup sizes without permanently changing anything? I know we've touched on them in here before and many people had a strong negative reaction to the idea, but I think there's a case for 1) it's not permanent so if you decide you don't like it, you're not stuck 2) hyaluronic acid is naturally present in all soft tissue, rather than a large foreign body in you 3) it's not so extreme and is natural looking. They're not available in the US but you can get them in the UK and Canada.

One last random note: I've had a couple of friends who got ex-planted and man, it is not a pretty thing. They're much happier without the implants and I grant you, it was a coin toss as to which was uglier but still - think hard before you do this. You can't truly "go back" to what you now have.

buttercups
First and foremost: Happy Birthday KeraBear and nbdx!!! Love to you both!!! xoxoox

And now on to the implants...

Spot-on I fully support you too, like everyone else is saying it is your decision and your body and I truly hope you do what makes you the happiest. I guess implants just freak me out because of the risks of surgery, and then all the chronic pain conditions and crap that many people report who have had implants. I saw this one show -it might have been on BBC or MTV, I forget, where a super active women like you got implants. They gave her some sort of arthritis/chronic pain syndrome and she could no longer exercise or be active like she always was. On the show she was getting her implants taken out in hopes that she could return to her normal, active self. I would just hate for anything like this to happen to you and I'm sure you are aware of all of the risks, etc., but that story just reminded me of you because she was in such incredible shape before the implants gave her chronic pain. But I am not trying to influence your decision one way or the other and if you go through with it please keep us posted. I would like to know how it went and everything in case I end up leaning in that direction, which is entirely possible.

(And another quick, kinda embarrassing question haha! I wear those VS mega bras too and how the hell do you keep them from smelling?? Mine always reek cause it's hot and sweaty in there and the pads just absorb all the sweat-gross! Do you do anything to clean them? Just washing them doesn't seem to be enough!!)

And I would once again like to reiterate to all you girls who are full A/B cups that someone over here is truly envious and there are people (*cough * ME *cough*) who would KILL to look like you. I've been way down on my little boobies lately and I think it's because of how freakin little they really are. Can't even reach an A cup to save my life. Depressing. I want to be happy with myself though. Gotta keep working on it somehow. This is where I feel your pain Spot-on and I'm not sure if I want to go through the rest of my 20s and into my 30s feeling this way. But like I already said implants scare the crap outta me and I have this fear like Strongirl mentioned that if I need to get them taken out then I'll look even worse than I do now. *sigh* Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

anarch

Spot-on, I'd miss your comments here, but you gotta do what's right for you, so sincere good luck wishes from me too.

happy belated birthdays to nbdx and KeraBear!

I rented a 1920s/1930s gown for a Hallowe'en party. The bodice is designed rather nicely to show off small boobs.
KeraBear
QUOTE(anarch @ Oct 27 2010, 05:38 PM) *
Spot-on, I'd miss your comments here, but you gotta do what's right for you, so sincere good luck wishes from me too.

happy belated birthdays to nbdx and KeraBear!
I rented a 1920s/1930s gown for a Hallowe'en party. The bodice is designed rather nicely to show off small boobs.

Nice! From what I understand, small boobs were all the rage back then, so i guess that makes sense. Ahh... to have a time machine! smile.gif
nbdx0645
Buttercups, I am a documentary junkie. This is the ep you saw: True Life: I Hate My Plastic Surgery

Anarch, the costume sounds fab. I was thinking about being a flapper this year. smile.gif
spot-on
Thanks Strongirl for the suggestion, but I have been hanging out an an implant forum for the last 2+ months. I've asked a TON of questions and made some friends who were similar sizes to me (weight, height, original breast size) to check their photo's (before, during & after), ask opinions, etc. Honestly their answers have been very helpful, sure some are just like "do it" but others are asking questions, working through my issues etc. I honestly think I feel very informed about it and more confident in making my decision.

QUOTE(strongirl @ Oct 27 2010, 04:40 AM) *
There's a website with similar forums to this, for women with or considering implants, I don't have the link but if you google "Yes, they're fake" you should find it. I have issues with the whole thing and some of the posters turn me off but there is good info and it is nice to see women there being supportive of each other and sharing medical info, much like we do.

spot-on
Thanks Buttercups. Yep the risks are scary, but really when you consider how low they are it's less than the risk of having a car crash, yet people drive every day. There has been NO link between implants and the immune disease etc women have attributed to implants - the FDA did HUGE studies on this, and anyway the implants are different now to 10 years ago so it's comparing apples and oranges imo.

The VS bra, I dunno I don't tend to sweat much in it as I never wore it in summer, but the other VS one I have with the gel inserts always makes me sweat. I just wash them more often, switching them out. With the padded bra's I have I go from regular, to +1 cup, then +2 cups! I wonder what people think sometimes lol! I will say that that bra that adds 2 cups sizes has been annoying though considering I bought it 2-3 months ago and now it;s too big in the cup sad.gif I still wear it though...

I will try and pop by and keep you posted if you want info. I don't want to share too much as this is a small boob support group and getting implants kinda goes against that? But I guess it's the flipside to the coin right? If anyone has any objections to me updating you all, let me know

As of today I am penciled in for surgery on the 7th December

The reasons below is exactly it right now. I am sick and tired of wondering and wishing and hoping. It's just time for me to consider other options...

QUOTE(buttercups @ Oct 27 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Depressing. I want to be happy with myself though. Gotta keep working on it somehow. This is where I feel your pain Spot-on and I'm not sure if I want to go through the rest of my 20s and into my 30s feeling this way. But like I already said implants scare the crap outta me and I have this fear like Strongirl mentioned that if I need to get them taken out then I'll look even worse than I do now. *sigh* Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

buttercups
Yes nbdx that's it, thanks!

Haha spot-on guess I'll have to buy a few more and rotate-and yes they do get stretched out in the cups so don't think you're boobs got smaller or anything they just stretch and then gap out, ugh!

I really want to find a good 1 cup size padded bra that doesn't look pointy or too too small- what are everyone's favorites??

Wish you all the best spot- on and yes please do update. It's part of the little boob process seeing all the options that we might have. And I also like to hear information from people I've come to know aren't fake and respect, so of course your opinion would be most valued. And I also hope you continue to post- big boobies or small you've got a lot to share!
discowombat
QUOTE(buttercups @ Oct 28 2010, 07:04 AM) *
hope you continue to post- big boobies or small you've got a lot to share!

I agree. You should definitely stay for awhile Spot-on!
strongirl
On the flapper and 'twenties costumes, I think I've mentioned in here before that my grandmother was a wild woman and a flapper. She was very large breasted and used to "bind" her breasts, as did her friends, to look good in those awesome clothes. smile.gif

nbdx0645
This conversation makes me wonder -- should a general plastic surgery thread be introduced if one doesn't already exist?
buttercups
Yes nbdx, I think a plastic surgery thread would be a great idea! I'd love to hear from people who have gotten boob jobs and the like.

Watched the movie Splice last night at a Halloween party-the women who plays the creature def has small boobies and I was waiting for people to comment but no one did-made me happy because I was afraid of the potentially dumb comments that people were going to say.

Well I hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween. Seems like the sluttier the costume, the more cleavage that is required to wear it. I chose not to dress up this year for the first time ever, but mainly cause I was too busy to come up with anything. Hope you're all rockin the small boobies in your costumes tonight!

<3 buttercups
nbdx0645
AP pulled up a previously buried thread. I don't feel like I have much to post in it, but I'm going through the backposts. Thanks AP.

I pulled together an 80's punk rocker costume at last minute. I wasn't able to pull off the flapper dress because I was too tall for it. Overall, it was a really fun Halloween party. There was some boobie talk but it was nothing bad (I got really, really drunk last year and told my buddy that his wife has phenominal breasts...oh man, I'm still super embarrassed about that...) His wife was super appreciative for my compliment, though. Phew! The other women mentioned when they developed, one in 3rd grade and the other in 5th. I was worried they were going to turn to me and say "and she never did, ha ha ha!" but that didn't happen. And even if it did, I'd tell them I started developing when I was a freshman in high school. I gotta ease up about boobs around others, seriously.

Also, my buddy's wife is pregnant, and he's reveling in the fact that her previously-big-boobs are now ENORMOUS. A two men congratulated him. There was the little moment of "hooray for big boobs" but it was there and gone in a second. And their big boob talk shouldn't diminish the fact that small boobs are awesome. His wife wasn't present -- I wonder if she would have liked that commentary about her.
koffeewitch
nbdx: I think it's really sweet when a woman compliments another woman's appearance...I guess I got that from my mom; she would always say something positive if she saw another beautiful woman. When I got older and met the other kind of women, the one's who start nasty catty slandering everytime they see an attractive woman, I appreciated my mom's influence all the more. smile.gif
strongirl
I totally agree, Koffeewitch, your mom was/is right on. I feel the same way about my mom and her mom and sister, I'm very grateful that they taught me to appreciate and compliment other women. Espcially now that I'm older, I recall when I was a teen and twenty-something, they always enjoyed and complimented MY looks - never being resentful or critical of me for being young and attractive. So now that I'm older, when I'm around teenage girls (which I am often because of my son), I also go out of my way to compliment them and build them up, rather than being a bitter old hag, LOL! I also realize that even though they look incredibly beautiful to me, they all undoubtedly suffer some of the same insecurities we all do - whether it's boob size, cellulite, body hair, you name it. A sincere compliment never hurt anyone. Pay it forward.
karategrrl
QUOTE(spot-on @ Oct 28 2010, 01:08 AM) *
There has been NO link between implants and the immune disease etc women have attributed to implants - the FDA did HUGE studies on this, and anyway the implants are different now to 10 years ago so it's comparing apples and oranges imo.

Hey spot on, do you have any references to this you can share? I found lots online about all sorts of links between implants and scary autoimmune things--would be interesting to read otherwise.

I for one support you and would LOVE for you still to share here. I am very interested in how it goes for you! Or at least post somewhere (if not in the "small-breasted supoort" place and let us know where.
starship
I was just having a sort of argumentative conversation with someone and they said "Were you born a boy", I think it was a joking way of saying have you got any secrets. but for some reason it just hit all my insecurities and I had a total breakdown on the bathroom floor type moment. I can't believe over such a silly little comment, which probably had nothing to do with the way I look anyway. I feel awful.

I'd rather boob job discussions were in here- it's the only thread I check regularly, and I can imagine the surgery thread ending up getting derailed into small booby discussions.

spot-on
Hey Girls

Well the research I've done (and it's been LOTS over the last 2-3 months) shows no correlation between implants and auto immune diseases. The FDA has done 14 years of studies and found no link between implants and auto immune disease. Most of the websites women have written on are women who had the old silicone implants that leaked everywhere inside the body, that obviously has an impact on the body and those implants have not been used since 1992. During my research for every website I found saying there was no causation was another claiming a link. The facts are that the new implants have been studied by numerous bodies and no link has been found between the NEW implants and auto immune diseases.

References
American College of Rheumatology (ARC) Study 1995
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/im...itionstate.html

statment from the ACR
The ACR believes that these studies provide compelling evidence that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatic disease.

details of the Institute of Medicine report 1999
http://www.smartbreastaugmentation.com/implants.html

AMA article
http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/no-index/about-ama/13669.shtml

From all the research I read the general consensus is that auto immune diseases are more prevalent in women (lucky us!) and can be caused by a variety of things, one of those is bodily stress. Surgery is obviously stressful regardless of the reasons, and hence SOME women who undergo breast augmentation get auto immune later in life. Auto immune diseases usually require a trigger, like surgery, but to say the cause is the implants is false, it's more likely the stress of surgery. On the breast implant website I hang out at, many of the women have auto immune and DON'T have implants yet! Is it more likely that these women who got Auto immune AFTER implants may have gotten the disease anyway? Who can say?

That said I know that each person is different and what affects one person affects another completely differently. I watched the documentary that someone posted and honestly I think there is more going on with that girl than implant issues. Even now after explanting, with all the problems she had, she is looking into enlarging her breasts with various other methods. I don't know I just got the feeling something else was going on with this girl other than the breast implants.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Nov 1 2010, 04:59 AM) *
Hey spot on, do you have any references to this you can share? I found lots online about all sorts of links between implants and scary autoimmune things--would be interesting to read otherwise.

I for one support you and would LOVE for you still to share here. I am very interested in how it goes for you! Or at least post somewhere (if not in the "small-breasted supoort" place and let us know where.

spot-on
Just a quick update. I am scheduled for surgery on 7th December, pre-op appt on 19th November. I will pop in with updates every now and then to let you know how things are going....
KeraBear
QUOTE(starship @ Nov 1 2010, 06:16 PM) *
I was just having a sort of argumentative conversation with someone and they said "Were you born a boy", I think it was a joking way of saying have you got any secrets. but for some reason it just hit all my insecurities and I had a total breakdown on the bathroom floor type moment. I can't believe over such a silly little comment, which probably had nothing to do with the way I look anyway. I feel awful.

I'd rather boob job discussions were in here- it's the only thread I check regularly, and I can imagine the surgery thread ending up getting derailed into small booby discussions.

Oh geeeeeeez, what a terrible thing for someone to say! That is the worst insult ever for gals like us... when people attack our very womanhood. At least that is the source of my greatest insecurities. I hope you are feeling better about things. You're beautiful, Starship! *hug*
KeraBear
Hey, just to change things up a little bit in the convo. I have a question. If you could go back in time and give your teenage self any advice on getting through life, particularly school life with small breasts, what would you say?

I want to quiz you experienced ladies and soak in all the wisdom you have to offer! wink.gif
strongirl
Wow, what a good question, Kera. I really had to stop and think.

If I could go back and give my teenage self one bit of advice, it would be to be aware that guys were attracted to me and to pick up on the fact that they were hitting on me when they were. I was pretty naive and oblivious and I also assumed I was not attractive to guys - for a number of reasons, small breasts being only one of them and not at the top of the list, actually. I ended up getting hit on a lot and because I often didn't pick up on it, the guy was in control of the situation not me and I didn't respond the way I would have wanted to. If I'd been more aware, I would have stopped some of these interactions earlier. Others I would have encouraged and invited to go further, rather than being unresponsive which the guy interpreted as not interested. But at least I would have been in touch with reality and making conscious choices, rather than having others in control and me reacting (or not reacting) out my own insecurities.

lapis
Hi KeraBear, now that I'm 33 and a mom, I would tell my teenage self that femininity/beauty are not determined by breast size. Those larger-breasted girls were not any prettier or had any more right to be proud than I did, but they projected confidence. I used to think I was less feminine than other girls and realize now how feminine I am. At the same time, I would take my teenage self shopping, after looking at magazines about how to accentuate my figure. This has taken years to become aware of. I used to just wear baggy clothes, but certain cuts of clothes are super flattering. I would tell myself to celebrate my hot little body because it was and no one I've dated has ever said otherwise. Looking back, I wish could tell myself as a teenager that my breast size had very little to do with my self worth--tmy breasts were not the sum of my value as a person, but somehow they were the measure of my self-esteem (0). I would tell myself to make a list of things I liked about myself and acknowledge them every day because it doesn't make sense to fixate on what you perceive as your main flaw. Let people drink up all that beauty, confidence, and talent--and cultivate them, not the insecurity!
nbdx0645
Kera, this is so difficult! It's so hard to figure out what to say. Strongirl and lapis really nailed it.

If I could give my teenage self advice, it would be to talk to someone about my feelings. When I was a teen, my insecurities about my body were used against me. I was so ashamed of the way I looked, I trusted someone to help me 'feel better about myself.' It had the opposite effect. I thought, "If I didn't have these small breasts, I would have been more confident, and I wouldn't have been in that situation."

I don't think that I'd be able to talk to my younger self without getting screamed at. I needed help because my immediate family looked at me with pity and my friends made fun of me. It was hard to love my body because it felt like everyone was against it. But now that I'm older, I know that's not true. I'd tell my past self that you're no longer alone, and you're not going to feel this way forever.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(KeraBear @ Nov 2 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Hey, just to change things up a little bit in the convo. I have a question. If you could go back in time and give your teenage self any advice on getting through life, particularly school life with small breasts, what would you say?

I want to quiz you experienced ladies and soak in all the wisdom you have to offer! wink.gif

Dude, now that I'm 37 I look at those in their late teens/early 20s and I see the beautiful skin and that dewey, fresh indescribable glow and the shining hair and graceful youthful bodies...and I think, wow, s/he has no idea how really gorgeous she is (just like I had no idea how really beautiful I was in my 20s...I was conditioned to see my "too-short" legs or some other totally imagined flaw).

You're only young ONCE...have the wisdom and insight to appreciate it for the fleeting gift that it is. Really....later, you'll wish that you had valued yourself more.

(Hey guys...on the issue of implant safety...do we know who paid for these studies?)
karategrrl
Starship, I can see why you felt crappy after that person's comment. I not-too-bright male kid once asked me if I was a boy. (I had short hair at the time, but was NOT a boy, most definetely.) I said, "No, are you?" Keep that one up your sleeve, grrl.

Advice to my teen self:
How great that you asked! Hmm...tough one...but I'd say:

1. Don't get consumed with boyfriends; spend your time having experinces to develop your SELF: go to Europe, play on a sports team, have many friends, run a small business, have crazy hobbies--whatever. My very biggest regret is spending YEARS of effort on heavy-duty relationships that I could have spent developing skills, talents, contacts, and SELF-ESTEEM that would have served me so much better than a string of what I now realize were really fucking stupid pointless relatiosnhips with boyfriends who only dragged me down and helped me go nowhere.

2. I agree with lapis--learn what looks great on you, and run with it. I didn't develop a sense of style till almost 30, and it makes a huge difference in how I feel and how I am perceived by others. YOU ARE WORTH IT. And it doesn't have to cost a lot, so don't let that be an obstacle. (I've gotten some of the best shit I own from the thrift shop!) Know your body type and what styles and colors look good on it.
KeraBear
QUOTE(lapis @ Nov 3 2010, 07:03 PM) *
I would tell myself to celebrate my hot little body because it was and no one I've dated has ever said otherwise. Looking back, I wish could tell myself as a teenager that my breast size had very little to do with my self worth--tmy breasts were not the sum of my value as a person, but somehow they were the measure of my self-esteem (0). I would tell myself to make a list of things I liked about myself and acknowledge them every day because it doesn't make sense to fixate on what you perceive as your main flaw. Let people drink up all that beauty, confidence, and talent--and cultivate them, not the insecurity!

I love this! Especially that last bit. I seriously think I am going to take up this advice and make a list if only because i have never done anything like that before. Maybe I will start with "hot little body" ha ha wink.gif I am a short boobie challenged lite-weight! I've always wished myself different, but so far my bf has not complained. But yeah, I love the idea of writing down things I like about myself.
KeraBear
Oh yeah, and every else's comments so far have been really good too. I didn't want you all to feel underappreciated!

Karategrrl - good idea. Ditch the bf and go to Europe! LOL Less obsession with big boobies there, isn't it? LOL I can see your point, though. Relationships are hard work! How often do we really work on ourselves?

nbdx0645 - Too bad you didn't have the lounge back then huh? I know how it is when it seems like the whole world is against you. We've come a long ways, baby!
buttercups
If anyone hasn't seen "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" I would highly recommend it if you would like to see a tiny, 5' -nothin girl rockin the small boobies kick some serious ass! I saw the first and the second one recently and the girl who plays Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) is absolutely incredible. She makes me feel good about myself and I love watching her take big, bad guys down. Finally an inspiring female character in a movie. Of course there are very graphic and disturbing rape scenes so just watch out.

I was just researching more about the books and I didn't like much about what I read. The character of Lisbeth is described as looking 14 because of her lack of boobage (apparently, I haven't read the books) and I guess in the second book she gets a boob job- which is completely inconsistent with her character and almost makes me not want to read them at all. It was disappointing to hear that this kick ass woman gets a boob job in the book, but at least they don't do that in the movie thank god. Makes me a little sad, but I still feel inspired whenever I watch her.
KeraBear
QUOTE(buttercups @ Nov 8 2010, 12:24 PM) *
If anyone hasn't seen "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" I would highly recommend it if you would like to see a tiny, 5' -nothin girl rockin the small boobies kick some serious ass!

Oooh... i may have to check that out... if only because i am a 5' nothing girl! Ha ha

POW! WHAMMO! LOL!
KeraBear
I like anything with Ellen Page in it. She is my small booby hero. And we have a similar figure. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.