Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
Allison-Shine
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 28 2011, 11:06 PM) *
but, i spent some time with my younger busty cousin this weekend for her 13th birthday and i did some thinking. and i realized that there's no reason for me to feel uncomfortable or ashamed around her. i genuinely care about her, and she's a sweet gir.l so i would slap myself if i ever let the mere fact that she has larger breasts stop me from spending time with her. more importantly, why the heck should i resent my own cousin for something neither of us have any control over? i'm not in competition with her. life isn't a contest to see who can nab the biggest cup size. honestly, if i let myself constantly compare my body to the rest of the world i'd go insane! i'm just going to let her be her and let me be me. besides, how am i ever going to become the best version of myself if i'm too busy worrying about everyone else?

That says a lot about you for not feeling entirely self-conscious around her and valuing your relationship and quality time with her over any body issues that you may have. Yeah you can't resent her for what she physically is, its obviously unintentional and just physical nature on her part.

Allison-Shine
QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 29 2011, 03:03 PM) *
Yay DeeRayy! This is a big step in the right direction. Yeah, it's not like your cuz was all like, "I'm gonna grow some Cs this year. That'll show DeeRayy!" (if only it were that easy right? lolz) You've gotta focus on being the best "you" you can be regardless of your cup size. What a great example you will be setting for your young cousin as she enters those difficult teen years. *KeraBear shudders as she remembers the year she turned 13...*

Recently over PM i gave Karategrrl permission to give an "electronic web bitchslap" everytime she finds me comparing myself unfavorably with my sister! It's terribly unhealthy. I am trying to be way more intentional about that...

Yeah, its not like she was mapping out some grand plan since she was like 8 or whatever to "best" you physically. Even though some of us on the receiving end of mother nature let such ideas take over our imaginations, raise our paranoia counts and let us sometimes believe that this is truly the case.

Yeah Kera, I remember being 13 verrry well, almost too well, for both the good and bad reasons. But I would not trade being who I am and where I am right now at 25 for being 13 again, despite the responsiblites and obligations in my life right now, and even having my younger sister being way smaller than me again, nooo way!

I would hate to receive an "electronic web bitchslap" from someone who knows karate, even if it was a virtual one smile.gif Would you settle for a pinch instead? wink.gif
KeraBear
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 30 2011, 03:04 PM) *
hey girls! i just read the most adorable blog posts i've ever seen and i just have to share it with you guys!

http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/post/...t-me-tell-you-a

her post made my day! this is definitely going on my favorites list. her thumbs up pose is adorable and she seems so happy with her itty bitties. it'll probably make a lot of you smile too smile.gif

i explored the entire site and it's one of the best body image movements i've seen. no bias, no "real women have curves" type slogans. just random people from all around the world posting pictures of their bodies and talking honestly about their struggles. it's fabulous smile.gif

Ha! This is great! smile.gif The strategically placed thumbs up over her booblets is so uniquely sexy! And she has such good things to say. I like her style. Good find, Dee...
DeeRayy
QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ May 30 2011, 12:35 PM) *
That says a lot about you for not feeling entirely self-conscious around her and valuing your relationship and quality time with her over any body issues that you may have. Yeah you can't resent her for what she physically is, its obviously unintentional and just physical nature on her part.

yes, it would be unfair of me to resent her and damage our relationship because of my own insecurities. and pretty selfish! as long as she remains sweet and respectful to me i'm fine by her. the thing is, i'm the oldest of nearly twenty grandchildren. a lot of them are girls and i want to set a good example for all of them. i may be a mess in private sometimes, but when i'm around my little cousins i try not to let it show.

but i mostly try to stay strong for my little sis. i love her to death and she's already starting to show signs of insecurity, and she's only eight! she's already self conscious about the hair on her legs, and you guys all know how cruel kids can be sometimes. she's so much younger than me that i feel no sense of competition with her. if anything i'm like a second mother to her. so i really want to set an example that shows her that physical appearance is not what defines you. it's not always easy to set the perfect example though!

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 30 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Ha! This is great! smile.gif The strategically placed thumbs up over her booblets is so uniquely sexy! And she has such good things to say. I like her style. Good find, Dee...

haha, i'm glad you like it kerabear. i'm just sooo in love with this site right now. it's so touching. if you have time you can go to the navigation link, scroll down to the bottom part labeled "specific parts" and there's a link for breasts. surprisingly the breast section was just as big as the "size" or "fat" section. even more surprising was that the biggest section was on "noses". but i can understand why that is (i should remind you guys that i have a lot of facial features in common with lea michele haha).

one of the things i don't understand is why i can't have the same attitude about my breasts as i do my nose. i was probably teased more often for my hooked nose than my breasts (mainly in middle school and early high school). and i hated it for a good while but now i see it as kind of my trademark. it makes my face look unique and i wouldn't change it anymore-without it i wouldn't look like me. so it kinda puzzles me why i can't bring myself to look at my breasts the same way.
karategrrl
“life isn't a contest to see who can nab the biggest cup size. honestly, if i let myself constantly compare my body to the rest of the world i'd go insane! i'm just going to let her be her and let me be me. besides, how am i ever going to become the best version of myself if i'm too busy worrying about everyone else?"

OMG, thus was wonderful to read.

DeeRayy, great link. I LOOOVE this woman's attitude! Seriosly, all it takes is for one brave person to stand up and others will follow and recognize the greatness.

DeeRayy, all I can say is how lucky your little sister is to have you around!! I know there's an age difference but maybe that can be a good thing. You say you've been more like a mother to her. Sheet, we can never have too many people who care about us, truly, whether they're like mothers or auntie figures or big sisters or whatever.
KeraBear
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ May 31 2011, 03:15 AM) *
yes, it would be unfair of me to resent her and damage our relationship because of my own insecurities. and pretty selfish! as long as she remains sweet and respectful to me i'm fine by her. the thing is, i'm the oldest of nearly twenty grandchildren. a lot of them are girls and i want to set a good example for all of them. i may be a mess in private sometimes, but when i'm around my little cousins i try not to let it show.

but i mostly try to stay strong for my little sis. i love her to death and she's already starting to show signs of insecurity, and she's only eight! she's already self conscious about the hair on her legs, and you guys all know how cruel kids can be sometimes. she's so much younger than me that i feel no sense of competition with her. if anything i'm like a second mother to her. so i really want to set an example that shows her that physical appearance is not what defines you. it's not always easy to set the perfect example though!

awwwwww it makes me sad thinking about girls at such a young age already feeling self conscious about their bodies. sad.gif They are supposed to be busy being children, you know?!? I agree with karategrrl - she is lucky to have a big sis like you!

one of the things i don't understand is why i can't have the same attitude about my breasts as i do my nose. i was probably teased more often for my hooked nose than my breasts (mainly in middle school and early high school). and i hated it for a good while but now i see it as kind of my trademark. it makes my face look unique and i wouldn't change it anymore-without it i wouldn't look like me. so it kinda puzzles me why i can't bring myself to look at my breasts the same way.

You pose an interesting question, DeeRayy... what makes it so much easier to accept a nose and not a pair of boobs? I think maybe it is because boobs are commonly equated with femininity?
DeeRayy
QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 31 2011, 05:40 PM) *
awwwwww it makes me sad thinking about girls at such a young age already feeling self conscious about their bodies. They are supposed to be busy being children, you know?!? I agree with karategrrl - she is lucky to have a big sis like you!

yes, it upsets me to no end! i wasn't even thinking about what my body looked like at her age! i hate how kids are trying to grow up so fast nowadays, especially girls. my little sister said there's a group of girls that call themselves the stripper club at her school. the fucking stripper club, and they're in elementary school! and they practice pole dancing during recess on the tether-ball courts. what is wrong with the world today???

QUOTE(KeraBear @ May 31 2011, 05:40 PM) *
You pose an interesting question, DeeRayy... what makes it so much easier to accept a nose and not a pair of boobs? I think maybe it is because boobs are commonly equated with femininity?

you've got a point there kera. and it's not like guys stand around at a party and check out girls' noses. "oh man, look at the nostrils on that one!".

everytime i think of how many people equate breasts with femininity i think of audrey hepburn (i'm in love with her you guys, it's unhealthy lol). she's the most feminine creature i've ever seen and she is in nooooo way the stereotypical busty blonde that is idealized nowadays. i'm going to leave you guys with one of her my favorite quotes from her-

"There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."

gahh she's amazing biggrin.gif
karategrrl
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 1 2011, 01:58 AM) *
my little sister said there's a group of girls that call themselves the stripper club at her school. the fucking stripper club, and they're in elementary school! and they practice pole dancing during recess on the tether-ball courts. what is wrong with the world today???

What. The. Fuck.
You know, I have to say that I think a lot of it is being young, inexperienced and just not fully realizing what they're saying/doing. When I look back on some of the stuff I said and did (like in the pre-sexually active phase of my life) it makes me cringe. I truly didn't realize the fullness of what I was doing, and a lot of it was like "trying it out," if that makes any sense. I think young'uns emulate whatever popular culture throws at them. In the '50s it was Elvis and <gasp> swinging your hips around, in the '70s, maybe it was rollerskating in silky, shiny short-shorts that left nothing to the imagination. Today it's the stripper poles. So yeah, it makes us cringe, and not that it's okay, but I think a lot of it is just that they're unaware.

you've got a point there kera. and it's not like guys stand around at a party and check out girls' noses. "oh man, look at the nostrils on that one!".

LOL!!! OMG, that's great.
No, they don't. I have to say, though, you never know. Some men have a thing about feet. I personally have a fetish about men's hands. Maybe it's that peer pressure thing--just like many guys don't necessarily prefer large breasts, they'll hoot and holler in a crowd of monkey-men like they do, when maybe there are more subtle or unusual things they appreciate.

"There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."

Lord, that was hot!!!!! And beautiful!! Made my day!!!
strongirl
Karategrrl, I'm glad you said what you did about the "stripper club", it made me feel better. When I first read DeeRayy's post telling about it, I wanted to puke. But you're right - it helps to put it in context. Not that it's OK but it's not as catastrophic as one might think at first glance. Still - I wish they all had big sisters like DeeRayy to help buffer them against the tidal wave of crappy expectations that are going to be put on them in this culture.

DeeRayy - re. Audrey Hepburn, forgive me if I've told this already but my teenage son has a female friend who is obsessed with her as well. She's seen all her movies, has posters, screensaver, etc - she really idolizes Audrey Hepburn in a huge way! And interestingly, this girl is "curvy" and very large-breasted. So some of us slender, small-breasted girls envy being "womanly" like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce and then we have busty girls like my son's friend wishing they could look like Audrey Hepburn. Personally, I think it's healthiest to do it the way you are doing it, DeeRayy - to celebrate some of your own qualities in an idol.
karategrrl
I had to share this. No wonder the young girls are confused!
Pole Dancer toy for girls
KeraBear
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 2 2011, 09:14 AM) *
I had to share this. No wonder the young girls are confused!
Pole Dancer toy for girls

Wow... this is just... scary. I am a bit disappointed that the "nipple tassle Tshirt for girls" link didn't work. I was really wondering what that was all about. *shuddering*
karategrrl
QUOTE(KeraBear @ Jun 2 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Wow... this is just... scary. I am a bit disappointed that the "nipple tassle Tshirt for girls" link didn't work. I was really wondering what that was all about. *shuddering*

I wonder if that nipple tassle thing was a joke?

Yeah, there seems to be a whole kind of weird "stripper chic" thing that has kinda popped up in recent years. Like, pole kits you an install in your house, stripper "bump and grind" workout videos, lap-dancing and "how to strip for your man" classes popping up through lingerie shops but also mainstream adult education venues. Personally, I'm kind of torn--I keep flirting with the idea of taking these "pole workout" and burlesque classes that are given nearby. Part of me wants to do it b/c well, I like to feel sexy and use my body in wonderful ways and just be fabulous. The other part of me is not wanting to buy into that stripper/sex worker glorification mindset. Plus, I'm sure hubby will want a demo and honestly I'd feel like I could never live up to a "professional" performance and would feel totally un-confident about doing so. With just the other women in the class watching me, though, I'd be fine.

Then again, "pole" stuff has evolved into something of a sport--there are championships and shit, it IS really athletically challenging, and that totally intrigues me. But then, it originated with the strippers, and b/c of that there will always be a stigma. For sure, men don't watch it and admire the athletic ability, they're just getting hot and horny.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 3 2011, 05:44 AM) *
Part of me wants to do it b/c well, I like to feel sexy and use my body in wonderful ways and just be fabulous. The other part of me is not wanting to buy into that stripper/sex worker glorification mindset. Plus, I'm sure hubby will want a demo and honestly I'd feel like I could never live up to a "professional" performance and would feel totally un-confident about doing so. With just the other women in the class watching me, though, I'd be fine.

I can relate to a few of your opinions. I'm actually really open to trying out those types of classes. In fact, i plan on it eventually. I think it could be an empowering experience because it would probably help me become more comfortable with my sexuality , which i am not in touch with at ALL right now (of course, I have to work more on becoming comfortable with my body overall first). and i think it'd be kinda fun to give a future partner a lap dance. the thing is, if i were to do it, it would be more about me feeling sexy than pleasing my partner. i figure being able to strip or dance for someone without freaking out would be a big step for me in terms of body acceptance.

and btw karategrrl, i'm no expert on guys, but i don't think you have to worry about measuring up to a professional stripper. your husband will probably be too busy enjoying the show to critique your performance! haha.

pole dancing competitions?? my my. you have a point there karategrrl, i don't think pole dancing will ever be considered a respectable sport, ahaha. we're pretty conditioned to think "stripper" when we see a pole, and i don't think that's going to change anytime soon.
strongirl
I've taken a few of those classes and I found them totally enjoyable. I understand your ambivalence about the "stripper chic" thing, Karategrrl. But the classes are really about just having some sexy fun while getting a good workout and getting in touch with your body. I've done a couple pole classes, a cardio strip-tease class, a lap dance class, and last summer I took a 6 week burlesque class. All of them were a total blast. So far I have failed to really take this as far as I've wanted to in terms of actually performing with the burlesque troop or giving my bf a real lapdance. Not because I'm intimidated as much as just too freakin' busy and stressed out and for the past few months not very healthy. And to be honest, I sort of forgot about giving him a lapdance - I should probably revisit that one, LOL.

One of the best things about the classes I took is the way women supported each other in accepting their bodies and expressing their sexuality. It really dismantles the whole "looks competition" thing between women. Rather than comparing and competing, we all hooted and hollered and cheered each other on. It felt good to appreciate and enjoy other womens' bodies and to let them know and make them feel good about themselves. And it felt good to be on the receiving end of it, too. I would highly recommend doing these classes as a way to work on one's body issues and have a lot of fun while doing it.
KeraBear
Good news, everyone! As of today, I am no longer a small-breasted highschooler! smile.gif
discowombat
QUOTE(KeraBear @ Jun 4 2011, 06:48 PM) *
Good news, everyone! As of today, I am no longer a small-breasted highschooler! smile.gif

Congrats on your graduation!
DeeRayy
Congratulations KeraBear!
I give to you a virtual bear hug smile.gif
DeeRayy
hey all!
i've found a new mental exercise that's really helpful for me and i thought i should share it on here. i got the idea for it while watching a documentary on women's self image concerning their vaginas, and talks about the sudden increase in vaginal cosmetic surgery. yes, it's not directly related to boobies but i think it connects pretty well to my issues. i personally think it's a must see! if anyone is curious here's the link

http://documentaryheaven.com/the-perfect-vagina/

anyway, towards the end of the video they film a class that teaches women how to love their lady bits. and the instructor gave a mini speech that really resonated with me, she said:
"I get my ladies to take on the voice of their vaginas. What does their vagina want? What does their vagina not like? And what their vagina DOESN'T say is 'chop me up! cut me up! sew me up! make me tighter under a surgeon's knife'."

and when she was saying this, all i could think about were my boobs. and i kind of thought to myself , hmmm, well if my boobs could talk, what would they say? (sorry if this is sounding silly to anyone, but i works for me). and i know that my boobs would definitely NOT say "cut us open! fill us with silicone! hide us with your clothes! suffocate us with push-up bras!". if anything, my boobs would probably have a lot of pent up anger towards me. they'd feel un-loved and personally attacked. and it really made me feel like i kinda owe my boobs an apology. the poor dears, they've never done anything to deserve the way i treat them and feel about them! and after the documentary was finished, all i could do was look down at my boobs and think "i'm so sorry! i'm sorry for being so critical of you guys, for comparing you to others, for saying negative things about you when i look in the mirror instead of calling you beautiful, for not loving you guys the way you are, and most of all, for never treating you guys with the kindness that every part of my body deserves ". me talking to my own boobs probably looked really ridiculous, but i really felt like they deserved an apology from me at that moment. anyways, that is my newfound method of being kind to my body. i really recommend you try it, with your boobs or any other part of your body.

so i'm curious, if your boobs could talk what do you think they would say? and what would you say back to them? i'm betting that a lot of us here owe our boobs some type of apology.
karategrrl
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 6 2011, 03:54 AM) *
and when she was saying this, all i could think about were my boobs. and i kind of thought to myself , hmmm, well if my boobs could talk, what would they say? (sorry if this is sounding silly to anyone, but i works for me). and i know that my boobs would definitely NOT say "cut us open! fill us with silicone! hide us with your clothes! suffocate us with push-up bras!". if anything, my boobs would probably have a lot of pent up anger towards me. they'd feel un-loved and personally attacked. and it really made me feel like i kinda owe my boobs an apology. the poor dears, they've never done anything to deserve the way i treat them and feel about them! and after the documentary was finished, all i could do was look down at my boobs and think "i'm so sorry! i'm sorry for being so critical of you guys, for comparing you to others, for saying negative things about you when i look in the mirror instead of calling you beautiful, for not loving you guys the way you are, and most of all, for never treating you guys with the kindness that every part of my body deserves ". me talking to my own boobs probably looked really ridiculous, but i really felt like they deserved an apology from me at that moment. anyways, that is my newfound method of being kind to my body. i really recommend you try it, with your boobs or any other part of your body.

DeeRayy, this is NOT weird--actually, it's so fucking awesome I don't even know where to start. I can't believe I never thought of it!

QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 6 2011, 03:54 AM) *
One of the best things about the classes I took is the way women supported each other in accepting their bodies and expressing their sexuality. It really dismantles the whole "looks competition" thing between women. Rather than comparing and competing, we all hooted and hollered and cheered each other on. It felt good to appreciate and enjoy other womens' bodies and to let them know and make them feel good about themselves. And it felt good to be on the receiving end of it, too. I would highly recommend doing these classes as a way to work on one's body issues and have a lot of fun while doing it.

Girl, thank you for pointing this out. That, to me, would be so totally worth it. I am motivated to do this now. Seriously.
karategrrl
PS: thanks for the link--I can't watch it at work right now, but I will later. I LOOOVE documentaries, so thank you for turning me on to this site!

I have to admit that there was a time I thought I was "unusual"looking for this very reason, and checked out labiaplasty. I was so sickened by watching the process (in another documentary) I knew I could never do that to myself (how I also feel about breast implants). I mentioned labiaplasty to my (male) gyno last visit (I honestly forget how it came up, but it was not b/c I wanted to do it myself) and I was really impressed with his reaction. Basically, he thought it was nuts, and he mentioned a Dr. he knew of who was removed from his legitimate gyno practice for doing that on the side. My Dr. couldn't fathom why any woman would do that and I told him it was mostly b/c woman are comparing themselves to photoshopped porn pictures. He had no idea.

strongirl
DeeRayy, I haven't looked at the documentary but just reading what you wrote - oh my gosh, girl, that is SO profound and beautiful! I teared up reading it. I really think you are onto something incredibly powerful. It's one thing to say "I wish I felt better about my body" and another thing to take the power of you mind and use it to comfort, be kind to, appreciate, and come to terms with your own body. Your boobs must be feeling very grateful and loved right now! This is epic, DeeRayy.
karategrrl
I still haven't been able to watch the documetary, but I highly recommend reading the comments!
KeraBear
Dear KeraBear,

Hi! I know things have been awkward between us. In fact there have been many times when you outright ignored us. Because you are embarrassed of us? unsure.gif Yeah, i know we've had rocky beginnings. Again, we're sorry that we were late for the puberty party! Yes, we are well aware that most of your friends' permenant guests seemed to show up timely. We overslept! It's not our fault. It happens. It's not like we could've called ahead and let you know ... we don't have fingers! It's been a few years. Don't you think it is time to let it go?

We've seen the way that you look enviously at other boobs. That's right... we know. We are on speaking terms with Brain and Eyes. This has to stop! How do you think that makes us feel? It makes us feel unappreciated! Like we don't measure up. Yeah, yeah, so we aren't identical. We are fraternal twins. Most of us are! Get over it! Take some time to consider what we bring to your life. We are happy and perky. We complement your personality AND your figure so nicely. We make your love of running oh so much easier!

Buuuuuuuuut that all said, even though we haven't grown, we've seen some growth in you. Ever since you've joined this small boobie support group, we've noticed a change in you. Just the other night you took us out in front of the mirror and looked at us for a while and instead of seeing a look of repulsion, we saw... acceptance? Perhaps even a bit of love? You even touched us a bit. Wow, we haven't had that much action since the breakup! For the first time since we've come into your life, we feel a bit of hope. We're so glad, because we are feeling sort of attached to you.

Love,

Your Boobs.

P.S. We want to see a little more sunlight every now and then. Strongirls' boobs have told us all about their adventures and we are sooooo jealous. That's right, we boobs talk. We have Chestbook accounts! Don't look at us like that. What? Too soon? smile.gif
karategrrl
OMG Kerabear, I am practically CRYING with laughter! That was, like, completely and utterly awesome. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Never mind making my day--you made my year!!!

PS: Have you considered being a writer???? wink.gif
strongirl
Oh, Kera, you are something else!!! What a gift. Like Karategrrl, I have been literally laughing out loud for the past 5 minutes. That was brilliantly insightful and hilariously funny. And in keeping with DeeRayy's ingenious breakthrough, totally therapeutic. Wow, great stuff happening in here. And free entertainment!

And from my boobs to your boobs (and everybody's boobs) - don't be jealous, just join the party! biggrin.gif

Chestbook...starting to laugh all over again....

KeraBear
Ha ha, yep. Once again the teens swoop in out of nowhere and turn your world upside down!

The letter, of course, was inspired by DeeRay's brilliant idea. I figured, well why not have fun with it? wink.gif A lot of it was rooted in truth though. It turned out to be really therapeutic and helpful for me.

Karategrrl - To answer your question, yeah. I mean English and creative writing - that sort of thing- have been some of my stronger subjects in school. I dunno if I want that be my career path though. I am still trying to out the whole what do i want to be when i grow up question! Hmmm...
DeeRayy
hey girls!

ahaha, i'm going to go ahead and agree with karategrrl and strongirl that kerabear's letter is adorable. well done, kerabear, well done. (btw, another course i recommend if you're into English- comparative literature! it's fabulous. i'm thinking of double majoring in it)

i'm gonna go ahead and ask for some more advice. i saw my therapist today and we started talking about my feelings about my personality (we're already past the boob stuff). and i admitted that the one thing that bothers me a lot about myself is how extremely reserved i am. once i get to know someone i'm totally dorky and laid back, but in general i tend to hold myself back a lot (socially, that is). i feel like it's sort of a defense mechanism because i'm really afraid of being judged. i'm asking this on here because i feel like it's connected to my insecurities about my boobs and my lack of confidence(along with other things, but we'll keep it at that).

so my question is, has anyone else ever dealt with their insecurities holding them back from , well, living? or even better, has anyone else overcome this problem? i really just want to find a way to be more carefree and to be able to loosen up and just be myself around people.
karategrrl
wink.gif
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 7 2011, 09:07 PM) *
so my question is, has anyone else ever dealt with their insecurities holding them back from , well, living? or even better, has anyone else overcome this problem? i really just want to find a way to be more carefree and to be able to loosen up and just be myself around people.

Funny you ask. Short answer: OOOOH YEEEES!

I was a "late bloomer" in terms of confidence and emotional development. I guess I was in my late teens/early '20s when I realized it was limiting me, my ability to do things professionally, enjoy friendships, take advantage of opportunities, etc. Often, I would have something very funny to say in a group but wouldn't say it b/c I just hated everyone turning to look at me. I don't have any magic bullet to offer except that the realization that I has holding MYSELF back was enough for me to want to change. Every now and then I still do feel some of that insecurity/shyness/doubt, and luckily I have some friends now that I can be very open with, and I've asked them if they get the impressions of me that I think I give off (I'm dorky, self-absorbed, etc.), and the answer has always been no. So, old "tapes" playing in my head...

A trusted woman once said to me "What you have, the world needs," which really blew my mind, and around that time the following Marianne Williamson quote was also shared with me:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

So this spin worked for me--that it's not about being popular or having great clothes or whatever (though nothing wrong with that), but of ALLOWING who you are--your gifts and uniqueness--to add to the world and bless others. In other words, we all have something special to offer, and it's there for sharing; don't hoard it. wink.gif

BTW, I don't believe in the type of "God" that many religions offer up, but rather a universal intelligence. Still, hope that's not too "woo-woo!"
skindeep1991
Hey guys I'm new to this so bare with me, I'm going to be 20 this year and I have smaller breasts than my 11 year old sister, which sucks. Anyway i've been looking into breast implants and the more i look into it the more put off i am. because i have small breasts if i was to get implants it would look horrible and they would be miles apart from each other. I don't know what to do, my boyfriend said that i'm not allowed to get surgery as he thinks that implants look disgusting and that he likes my breasts, but i just can't seem to believe that. I want to just love them, I just cant seem to though. =/

any thoughts or tips on how to make myself feel better about my breasts without having bags of silicone pushed into them would be appreciated.

thanks

x
nbdx0645
Hey busties, I've been out and about for a while. I was watching this documentary and I felt like sharing (if it isn't already on here) The Trouble with my Breasts I was eating dinner until I saw the part where a photograph of boob necrosis came up on the screen. blink.gif

I'd say I'm 90% OK with my breasts. The only times I get a bit frustrated is when I'm in a bathing suit or sports bra in large crowds. Unfortunately, now that I'm mostly OK with my breasts, I'd get insecure about other things like my thin hair, my bump on the nose, or my thighs. These are things that weren't really on the radar before. I feel like I tackled the hardest one first (breasts) and I'll conquer the others.

Kerabear, your open letter to your boobs is AWESOME! Your creative writing skills are great.

I saw what Deerayy wrote, "so my question is, has anyone else ever dealt with their insecurities holding them back from , well, living? or even better, has anyone else overcome this problem? i really just want to find a way to be more carefree and to be able to loosen up and just be myself around people."

ZOMG YES. It made me think of a quote that I heard when I helped out with Habitat for Humanity. "Don't let what you can't do inhibit what you can do." All the time worrying cuts into time hanging out with friends, working on hobbies, and enjoying intimate moments. Karategrrl or Strongirl here suggested mirror work, which REALLY helped me. At first, it was really difficult to make eye contact with myself. Also, I made a conscious habit to not assume what other people are thinking.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jun 8 2011, 01:18 PM) *
Hey guys I'm new to this so bare with me, I'm going to be 20 this year and I have smaller breasts than my 11 year old sister, which sucks. Anyway i've been looking into breast implants and the more i look into it the more put off i am. because i have small breasts if i was to get implants it would look horrible and they would be miles apart from each other. I don't know what to do, my boyfriend said that i'm not allowed to get surgery as he thinks that implants look disgusting and that he likes my breasts, but i just can't seem to believe that. I want to just love them, I just cant seem to though. =/

any thoughts or tips on how to make myself feel better about my breasts without having bags of silicone pushed into them would be appreciated.

thanks

x

Hello skindeep!
lemme just start of by saying welcome smile.gif
just so you know, i'm the same age as you, and i also have younger relatives who have bigger breasts than me, and so do many of the girls on here. so i know a lot about what you're going through right now. yes, it's difficult, i know.

hmmm, where to start. if you scroll down a lil bit i just posted an exercise that should help you (the one about talking with your boobs haha). second, you should be happy that you have a boyfriend who likes your boobs. pretty much everyone on here knows that my ex bf did NOT appreciate my boobies like he should have, and THAT sucks. with that said, your feelings about your boobs matter more than his.

but, i think you coming on here shows that you have a desire to tackle this issue and that's a huge step. so i applaud you for making the first step towards loving your boobs (bravo! bravo!). i'm one of the youngsters on here soooo i can only give you so much advice since we're pretty much on the same boat right now. but there are plenty of awesome chicks on here that have great insight on this issue. try that exercise and tell me how it goes!

KeraBear
Hi skindeep! Welcome to one of the most awesome places on earth! smile.gif

This is mostly just a rehash of everything that DeeRayy said. Such as when I say things like...

--- I am also close to your age... ish. I am 18. Yay!
--- I also know what it's like to have a younger relative outboobing you (my younger sister also). Yeah, it sucks. I totally feel you there.
---- Yes, scroll down and check out DeeRayy's fabulous "breast talk therapy" (hurry and trademark that, Dee! I sense a potential book deal coming!)

Actually, I would encourage you to scroll down and then keeeeeeeeeeeeep on scrolling. There is pages and pages of booblet love here. wink.gif But i guess the best advice i can give you is to stick around here for a while. Being with like-minded (and like-busted) individuals in a positive-charged environment has made the biggest difference for me. Sorry.... that's all I got... I leave the sage wisdom to the older gals.
karategrrl
SkinDeep,

A big, booblet-smushing hug of WELCOME!

I agree with the others--stick around, and read the older posts as far back as you can go. (Make yourself a cup of tea, pull up a footstool, and get comfy...you may be there awhile! wink.gif So much good reading.)

When I was reading your mention of your BF I was about to say, "Oh no..." but I'm glad he likes you as you are.

Switch of topic:
I finally got a chance to watch the labiaplasty documentary yesterday. I commend that woman for creating it. One thing that vexes me is the statement that "I did it for myself," which is what I beleive the young girl (April) said, and this is definetely something I've heard from women who say they had implants "for themselves." I mean, I get that no one's holding a gun to their head or coercing them; maybe their husband or BF hasn't talked them into it. But...where would one otherwise get an idea that small breasts are something to be changed or "corrected?" As we've discussed here, it's society, advertising, little comments from others, subtle messages repeated ad nauseum a billion ways.

My point is (yes, I do have one), I don't think anyone living in a vacuum, would say, "I want to insert foreign objects under my chest muscles. Just...for myself. Just because." OK, so even if it truly is the woman wanting to change herself to fit a standard (and not someone else coercing her), does that make it any more OK? <scratching head>

I just thought of the roaring '20s, when "flat" chests were in vogue. If breast reduction surgery were as acceptable and available then as augmentation is now, women would have been running to get it done, to fit that "standard."
strongirl
I thought your point was quite clear, Karategrrl, and I agree with it 100%. It's like "I'm doing it for myself...because I don't want other people to see me with small boobs." Huh?

And yes, as I've reported in here before, my flapper grandma bound her large breasts in the 1920's to look good in those dresses. She said it was extremely uncomfortable.

Welcome, SkinDeep! I totally agree - go back and read the posts. Maybe even take a few notes on the ones that you find most helpful. Start a practice of doing mirror work. Follow DeeRayy's brilliant idea and write your boobs a letter, or write one from them to you.

About your bf - I agree with DeeRayy that your opinions about your body matter more than his. But at the same time, don't discount his wonderful opinion - use his healthy perspective to help bolster your own. Don't waste any time second-guessing him or letting your insecurities be bigger than the attraction between you. Enjoy and celebrate and bask in his appreciation of your body. Let yourself soak up the positive vibe you get from him regarding your boobs. Then practice it on yourself - try to see yourself the way he sees you. I've used my bf's appreciation of my body in this manner and it has helped get me past my own doubts, by showing me how distorted my self-image can be.

Oh, circling back to something you said, DeeRayy, re. not letting your light shine, so to speak - I have never really suffered from that, more the opposite. I had to learn to be more reserved and hold back some, because I found out there were lots of bad people who would take advantage of me if I was too open and available and flamboyant. I share this to dispel the myth that small-breasted girls don't feel comfortable in the spotlight. Also, the best social advice I can offer anyone is to cultivate and express a genuine curiosity and interest in other people. If you are focused on making others feel good about themselves, you won't be wondering what they think of you and you will come across as both caring and confident...because you are.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 9 2011, 05:41 AM) *
When I was reading your mention of your BF I was about to say, "Oh no..." but I'm glad he likes you as you are.

karategrrl, why the "oh no..." reaction?

one e thing i wanna elaborate on is how i said skindeep should be thankful she has a bf who loves her as is. because i mean, why wouldn't he?? i admit i had (and still sometimes have) the mentality that i should be absolutely grateful to find a guy who was fine with my boobs. it's almost as if i thought that a guy would be doing me a favor by being with me & my booblets. and that is definitely NOT the mentality a girl should have! i just wish every girl (myself included) could see that any guy would be lucky to have them. but having a bf who appreciates your body is definitely a necessity, because if he doesn't appreciate you as is, well then frankly he doesn't deserve you. so yeah there's my mini rant on that haha.

QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 9 2011, 05:41 AM) *
One thing that vexes me is the statement that "I did it for myself," which is what I beleive the young girl (April) said, and this is definetely something I've heard from women who say they had implants "for themselves." I mean, I get that no one's holding a gun to their head or coercing them; maybe their husband or BF hasn't talked them into it. But...where would one otherwise get an idea that small breasts are something to be changed or "corrected?" As we've discussed here, it's society, advertising, little comments from others, subtle messages repeated ad nauseum a billion ways.

i could not agree with this more! i never bought into the whole "i'm doing it for myself" thing either. i mean, they do it so that they can feel more confident with their own body, but it's usually society and the opinions of other people's opinions that hinder that confidence in the first place. but i try not to judge the girls who get implants either because the same could be said about any type of cosmetic regimen. i mean, why do women wear makeup? why do they style their hair with extremely hot pieces of metal? why are thousands of people (some who are not even overweight) striving to lose weight? i think we all want to feel beautiful, and we all care about what others think to some degree (correct me if i'm wrong). some girls are just willing to go to extreme measures for the sake of vanity.

QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 9 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Don't waste any time second-guessing him or letting your insecurities be bigger than the attraction between you.

strongirl, you have no idea how much i love this quote. that was a big problem in my last relationship- me letting my insecurities come between me and my ex, even when would call me beautiful. and i really don't want that to happen again. but i think now i'm starting to understand that my insecurities are my problem and my problem alone. so yeah, if i find myself in another relationship i am definitely gonna put that quote on a sticky note somewhere where i can read it everyday!
anarch
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jun 8 2011, 01:18 PM) *
I want to just love them, I just cant seem to though. =/

Give yourself some time (like, a year or several) to practice loving them. It's a process.
Surround yourself as much as you can with people who love and respect them (like us, yay!)...and minimize your time as much as possible around people AND MEDIA who put down them, and girls and women who look like us.

I tried on this Victoria's Secret bikini yesterday and was surprised it looked decent. Had to consciously shift my thoughts away from being negative about my linebacker-breadth shoulders and knobbly knees, but I've been practicing that for about two decades now so I was able to do it. The tag description said "minimal" coverage which is, frankly, perfect for the smallies I've got. (Looking at the VS model now, I remember all the links y'all have posted re photoshopping bigger boobs and cleavage shadows into pics. Assholes. But I bought the bikini. Mr Anarch was very enthusiastic!)

Also, here's a satirical takedown of the body-shaming culture we live in (more focused on fat-shaming than small-boob-shaming, but still):

The Bible is loaded with great advice, and it’s important we remember that makeup companies and the media and plastic surgeons are not foisting some made-up idea of what’s “beautiful” upon women. These laws come straight from the mouth of Dr. Samuel F. Godburgers Himself, issued as He shrieks across the sky astride His prayer-powered Truth Rocket. And the fantastic news is that God’s first “Message to the Ladies” appears in the Old Testament, a text vital to Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike. So don’t be acting like you ain’t heard, unless maybe you grew up in Asia, subscribing to some religion that dilutes its firepower among 330 million Gods (why so many Gods? With that many Gods, there must be Gods named like, “Rick,” or maybe a God of hot turkey sandwiches? Why not?). Or even worse; maybe you were raised in a religion that doesn’t even have a God to give a shit about what you look like in a bikini.
karategrrl
Also, the best social advice I can offer anyone is to cultivate and express a genuine curiosity and interest in other people. If you are focused on making others feel good about themselves, you won't be wondering what they think of you and you will come across as both caring and confident...because you are.Strongirl, totally. Very well-put, and true!

karategrrl, why the "oh no..." reaction?
I was afraid she was about to say he wasn't supportive of her booblets. wink.gif I read too fast!

but i try not to judge the girls who get implants either because the same could be said about any type of cosmetic regimen. i mean, why do women wear makeup? why do they style their hair with extremely hot pieces of metal? why are thousands of people (some who are not even overweight) striving to lose weight? i think we all want to feel beautiful, and we all care about what others think to some degree (correct me if I'm wrong). some girls are just willing to go to extreme measures for the sake of vanity.

Yep, I feel ya. I realize my own hypocrisy, to a certain degree, b/c I do wear makeup and dye my hair, paint my toenails, etc. but I agree that it's a matter of extremes. Then again, I guess many women feel augmentation isn't extreme. I think what rubs me the wrong way about the implant issue is that it bumps up against too many feminist issues.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 13 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Yep, I feel ya. I realize my own hypocrisy, to a certain degree, b/c I do wear makeup and dye my hair, paint my toenails, etc. but I agree that it's a matter of extremes. Then again, I guess many women feel augmentation isn't extreme. I think what rubs me the wrong way about the implant issue is that it bumps up against too many feminist issues.

agreed, the idea of implants(and plastic surgery in general) definitely hits a certain nerve in me. i've discussed this before with kerabear in pm that for me getting implants would feel like i was "giving in"- to pressure from society, to all the people who have made me feel inadequate because of my boobs in the past, and giving into that critical little voice in my head that says i'm not enough just as i am. so it's more of an internal issue for me. i think if i ever got implants i'd be disappointed with myself for not staying strong.

i do the whole hair and makeup thing too but those parts of me hold no emotional value. i wear winged eyeliner just about everyday but that's because i like the way it looks- it's not like someone made fun of my eyes and all of a sudden i felt like i had to cover them up. in the case of my breasts, they never REALLY bothered me until other people commented on them. and i wouldn't want to go through major surgery just to please other people. idk, there's something about implants that just doesn't feel right to me. there are still lots of days where it's extremely hard to like my boobs the way they are, but even though accepting myself is the harder route i think it's the right route for me.
karategrrl
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 13 2011, 08:17 PM) *
i do the whole hair and makeup thing too but those parts of me hold no emotional value. i wear winged eyeliner just about everyday but that's because i like the way it looks- it's not like someone made fun of my eyes and all of a sudden i felt like i had to cover them up. in the case of my breasts, they never REALLY bothered me until other people commented on them. and i wouldn't want to go through major surgery just to please other people. idk, there's something about implants that just doesn't feel right to me. there are still lots of days where it's extremely hard to like my boobs the way they are, but even though accepting myself is the harder route i think it's the right route for me.

I totally agree, and I looooove love love that I have a place where others "get" my feelings on this. I really try not to judge those who do get the implants, as it is their right and choice, yet...it DOES make it harder for those who don't b/c it's become so accepted.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 13 2011, 03:41 PM) *
I totally agree, and I looooove love love that I have a place where others "get" my feelings on this. I really try not to judge those who do get the implants, as it is their right and choice, yet...it DOES make it harder for those who don't b/c it's become so accepted.

yes, it is VERY frustrating because everyone who knows about the struggles that i go through about my breasts just scratch their heads when i say i don't want implants. they figure "oh, you don't like something about yourself? get the surgery. easy as that.". and i admit, sometimes it makes me question my own beliefs about it sometimes. like i've said before, there are times when it seems like surgery is the most logical choice. but to me accepting myself is not as simple as putting two pieces of plastic in my chest. plus, what if i want kids? what if my body changes after those kids and my breasts end up looking ridiculously huge with the implants still in them? i'm so young, it doesn't make sense. it seems like a permanent solution to a (god willing) temporary problem. because the problem is not my breasts, it's the way i feel about them. i think the only way i'd even consider getting them is if i had already had all the kids that i wanted and i still felt like i wanted bigger breasts. but even then, i'm already putting so much effort into trying to accept them the way they are. it would feel like such a waste to have spent so long trying to accept myself only to get plastic surgery anyway. sigh, this is such a complex issue!

btw, has everyone already read this story? it makes me smile smile.gif

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-04-19...ry-paperweights
karategrrl
>but to me accepting myself is not as simple as putting two pieces of plastic in my chest.

To me too! If I accepted myself, then I...wouldn't do that. It also irks me when people are so blase about it; You don't like your breasts? Get implants! It's like people just miss the point.

> plus, what if i want kids? what if my body changes after those kids and my breasts end up looking ridiculously huge with the implants still in them? i'm so young, it doesn't make sense. it seems like a permanent solution to a (god willing) temporary problem.

This is a VERY good thing to be thinking about, girl. (You're so smart!) Your breasts WILL change with kids, and IF (hypothetically speaking, of course) you were to get them, better to do so AFTER any big body changes like kids/weight loss/gain, etc.

>because the problem is not my breasts, it's the way i feel about them.

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!

>it would feel like such a waste to have spent so long trying to accept myself only to get plastic surgery anyway. sigh, this is such a complex issue!

It is, it is!!

btw, has everyone already read this story? it makes me smile smile.gif
skindeep1991
QUOTE(anarch @ Jun 10 2011, 05:14 PM) *
Give yourself some time (like, a year or several) to practice loving them. It's a process.
Surround yourself as much as you can with people who love and respect them (like us, yay!)...and minimize your time as much as possible around people AND MEDIA who put down them, and girls and women who look like us.

I tried on this Victoria's Secret bikini yesterday and was surprised it looked decent. Had to consciously shift my thoughts away from being negative about my linebacker-breadth shoulders and knobbly knees, but I've been practicing that for about two decades now so I was able to do it. The tag description said "minimal" coverage which is, frankly, perfect for the smallies I've got. (Looking at the VS model now, I remember all the links y'all have posted re photoshopping bigger boobs and cleavage shadows into pics. Assholes. But I bought the bikini. Mr Anarch was very enthusiastic!) Also, here's a satirical takedown of the body-shaming culture we live in (more focused on fat-shaming than small-boob-shaming, but still): The Bible is loaded with great advice, and it’s important we remember that makeup companies and the media and plastic surgeons are not foisting some made-up idea of what’s “beautiful” upon women. These laws come straight from the mouth of Dr. Samuel F. Godburgers Himself, issued as He shrieks across the sky astride His prayer-powered Truth Rocket. And the fantastic news is that God’s first “Message to the Ladies” appears in the Old Testament, a text vital to Jews, Christians, and Muslims alike. So don’t be acting like you ain’t heard, unless maybe you grew up in Asia, subscribing to some religion that dilutes its firepower among 330 million Gods (why so many Gods? With that many Gods, there must be Gods named like, “Rick,” or maybe a God of hot turkey sandwiches? Why not?). Or even worse; maybe you were raised in a religion that doesn’t even have a God to give a shit about what you look like in a bikini.
Thank you so much everyone for the responses, and i've tried some of the tips, I still feel a bit strange talking to them. But i've stopped wearing a bra when i'm at home and not being to worried about it and yesterday i even drove to pick my boyfriend up without one on. Thats quite a big deal for me as usually I wear rediculously padded bras and sometimes even put fillets in them to make me look like i have bigger boobs. so yay! As for underwear in all honesty seems to be a lot prettier for those girls like us with the smaller breasts, at least in the uk I find it is.
DeeRayy
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Thank you so much everyone for the responses, and i've tried some of the tips, I still feel a bit strange talking to them. But i've stopped wearing a bra when i'm at home and not being to worried about it and yesterday i even drove to pick my boyfriend up without one on. Thats quite a big deal for me as usually I wear rediculously padded bras and sometimes even put fillets in them to make me look like i have bigger boobs. so yay! As for underwear in all honesty seems to be a lot prettier for those girls like us with the smaller breasts, at least in the uk I find it is.

wow, you seem like you've already made a lot of progress! good for you! i don't bother wearing bras around the house either. i was always really afraid of not wearing one even while i was sleeping, not because of the way i looked but because i've always been so ridiculously afraid of sagging (which is pretty ironic considering the size of my breasts haha).

i agree that smaller bras are definitely cuter. the only problem i have is that a-cup bras are usually extremely padded. it's really hard for me to find any bras in my size that aren't "push up" or "enhancing" bras. it's kind of insulting. i usually wear bras that are lined with a thin layer of padding, just to add a little bit of shape.

but anyway, that's really great that you're able to go braless more often now! this is just a suggestion, but maybe eventually you can have a bonfire where you burn all of your ridiculously padded bras and fillets in celebration of your new found confidence! haha, again, it's just a suggestion smile.gif
karategrrl
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 14 2011, 07:52 PM) *
i agree that smaller bras are definitely cuter. the only problem i have is that a-cup bras are usually extremely padded. it's really hard for me to find any bras in my size that aren't "push up" or "enhancing" bras. it's kind of insulting. i usually wear bras that are lined with a thin layer of padding, just to add a little bit of shape.

Yeah, the smaller bras are definetely cuter than the ones that the really, really large-busted gals must wear when support is the priority. However, I thinkI'd find lots more to choose from if I could shop in the B-cup range.

And I totally know about not wanting to pad, but wanting some shape (especially since I have to tone down the highbeams at work!). I've found good luck for basic, everday bras in the teen girls section at Target. Seriously. Some of the colors are cute, but nothing's really sexy, though.
karategrrl
Had to share this: Ad for a mainstream clothing company featuring bOOblets! (I doubt this appears in the US though--maybe Europe?)

Scroll to the ad on right--woman in yellow

Also this:
Jeans???? Ha ha

This girl may be bigger than most of us, but shit, she's small-boobed!!! Natural!!!!! Yippee for REAL boobies!
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 15 2011, 10:17 AM) *
This girl may be bigger than most of us, but shit, she's small-boobed!!! Natural!!!!! Yippee for REAL boobies!

haha, yeah it gets tiring seeing implants plastered on ads anywhere. the only problem i have is that i wish they would show more variety when it comes to the shape of boobs. all the girls i see in the ad industry, even if they're small busted, have the same perfectly rounded breasts. and well, mine aren't like that! they're more pointy than round. i'd even like to see a greater variety when it comes to the bigger busted gals too. because i think it's important to remind girls that not only do boobs come in all sizes, but they also come in different shapes as well.
DeeRayy
btw, i was looking again at that stop hating your body site, and i came across a post that just really got me. here's the link

http://stophatingyourbody.tumblr.com/post/...aged-somehow-to

i nearly cried reading her post, idk why but something about it moved me so much. it's so worrying to me that breasts are becoming such an enormous insecurity for women of all shapes and sizes. whether those insecurities be about their size, shape, level of perkiness, evenness, stretchmarks, areolas, everything! why are women placing so much worth on two glands of fat? and why are we letting these body parts dictate our self esteem? it's madness!
KeraBear
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 15 2011, 04:09 PM) *
why are women placing so much worth on two glands of fat? and why are we letting these body parts dictate our self esteem? it's madness!

OMG, DeeRayy, i was thinking this exact same thing the other day. I was all like, "these are essentially just two lumps of fat hanging from our chests. Why do we value these so much?" ha ha You know? I mean of course they have value in feeding our children, but studies show that even the smallest breasts can produce enough milk. hmm... yeah.

Thanks for sharing that link, Karateegrrl. Hooray for booblets! smile.gif But i also agree with Dee in that they could probably go even further in presenting all sorts of body types. I totalllly feel ya on the pointy boobs thing. It seems that there are even ideal small breasts, too. *sigh* unsure.gif
anarch
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:58 AM) *
i've tried some of the tips, I still feel a bit strange talking to them.

skindeep, you're awesome. Yes it does feel strange when we try out something new, doesn't it! Of course sometimes we eventually get used to it, and then it just becomes "normal."

I've been eyeing this striped bebe top. Am I correct in thinking that this design itself sort of suggests boobage? I may be wrong. I don't have a great eye for fashion like some of y'all.

I can't remember which of you originally posted a link to the excellent "normal breasts galleries" at 007b.com, but it came up recently in my twitter feed so I figure it's time to link it again in here. Non-sexualized boobs of all shapes and sizes!
KeraBear
QUOTE(anarch @ Jun 15 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Am I correct in thinking that this design itself sort of suggests boobage? I may be wrong. I don't have a great eye for fashion like some of y'all.

Yes, i do see some suggestion there. smile.gif

I can't remember which of you originally posted a link to the excellent "normal breasts galleries" at 007b.com, but it came up recently in my twitter feed so I figure it's time to link it again in here. Non-sexualized boobs of all shapes and sizes!

Hey, yeah, i saw this before. It's great! Thanks for reposting this, Anarch!

Oh yeah, and skindeep, congrats on the going braless thing. Like Karategrrl, i have issues with that cause of the activated headlights, LOL. But i tell ya my ex-BF looooved it when i did that. wink.gif For some reason, small breasts seem sexier than larger ones when going sans bra.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.