Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
KeraBear
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 9 2011, 08:41 AM) *
A big, booblet-smushing hug of WELCOME!

CHEST BUMP! wink.gif WOO!

Sorry... I now return you to your regularly scheduled boobie programming.
strongirl
DeeRayy, I looked at that post in the link that almost made you cry. I have to say, I thought that chick's boobs were really attractive. Yes, they are two different sizes - but that gives them personality! The fact that they are not the standard, round, bolt-ons makes them much more appealing to me. And her nipples were especially lovely. Obviously she won't be reading this, so I'm not saying it to make her feel good. The point I'm trying to make is that, to me, it's the quirky, unique qualities of any part of anyone that makes them truly attractive and beautiful - not the "measuring up" to arbitrary standards of shape, size, or whatever. Cindy Crawford's mole, Seal's scars...those features raise them up aesthetically, not diminish them. We should celebrate our unique qualities, not bemoan the ways in which we don't look "normal".

On a less philosophical note, my bf has a "thing" for pointy boobs - he thinks they're much hotter than the round standard. Maybe because bra's squish boobs into that round shape, but you see pointy and you think "free boobies, no bra, free-spirited woman", or something like that. When they look perfectly round without a bra, I think it's kinda creepy myself.

karategrrl
QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 16 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Cindy Crawford's mole, Seal's scars...those features raise them up aesthetically, not diminish them. We should celebrate our unique qualities, not bemoan the ways in which we don't look "normal".

Amen to that!!

And I agree, too, that we should see more celebration of diversity even when the small-chested are featured. But in this day and age of implant madness, I think it's pretty awesome that they'd pick smaller-breasted, natural models. Hell, it's a start!! wink.gif
DeeRayy
QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 16 2011, 04:58 AM) *
Cindy Crawford's mole, Seal's scars...those features raise them up aesthetically, not diminish them. We should celebrate our unique qualities, not bemoan the ways in which we don't look "normal".

oh strongirl you have no idea how much i needed to hear this today. i kinda went through an incident today that made me think about an old insecurity of mine. i had to go to jury duty today (unfortunately), and i ended up talking to a nice elderly lady, and about a few hours into the waiting period she finally said "i just have to ask this, but what is your ethnic background?". i replied that i was hispanic and she was really surprised. she had thought i was middle eastern the entire time (this has a point, i promise). and right when she said that i thought to myself, "grrr, it's because of my darn nose!". i've always had people get confused when trying to guess my ethnicity because i have a dark complexion, loooong jet black hair, and, as i've mentioned before, a hooked nose (my nose looks basically like ashlee simpson's before she got her nose job). and for as long as i can remember people have had trouble deciding whether i'm hispanic or middle eastern. anyway, i got kinda self conscious about my nose again for a little, and i was texting my aunt about it and how my nose makes me feel odd looking, to which she replied, "you're not odd looking, you're exotic!". and after i thought about it a little more i remembered why i hardly ever think about my nose anymore- because it distinguishes me from other people, which is a good thing. just like seal's scars and cindy crawford's mole.

sorry about the whole nose tangent (i like to vent haha). but i think it really relates to how i see my breasts; something that differs from the norm of what you see in the media. and from now on i'm going to try and see my breasts as one of those things that makes me who i am. they're unique traits, not "flaws". they're mine and there's no other pair on the planet that's exactly like them.
KeraBear
I also really needed this today, strongirl! I am having a bad boobie day. sad.gif I was went to the lake for the first time of the summer. And of course, i fell into old (BAD) habits of totally comparing myself to a lot of the girls there, and feeling woefully inadequate over my lack of curves and being outboobed by half the junior highers. dry.gif I really need to adjust my attitude here! Maybe i should instead be looking to CELEBRATE the DIVERSITY of bodies that are there, INCLUDING lil ol' meeeeeeee.

QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 16 2011, 03:24 PM) *
from now on i'm going to try and see my breasts as one of those things that makes me who i am. they're unique traits, not "flaws". they're mine and there's no other pair on the planet that's exactly like them.

Hey... yea! This really resonated with me, DeeRayy. I spent some time on that 007 web site that Anarch posted and started scouring the pages for boobies jussst like mine - small, pointy, one a bit larger than the other, big areolas that are out of proportion... EPIC FAIL. Now i am sort of thinking this is a good thing. smile.gif

DeeRayy, I looked at that post in the link that almost made you cry. I have to say, I thought that chick's boobs were really attractive. Yes, they are two different sizes - but that gives them personality! The fact that they are not the standard, round, bolt-ons makes them much more appealing to me. And her nipples were especially lovely.

I was thinking these exact same things!!

So much good stuff today. All my bad boobie feelings have instantly melted away! Thanks everyone!!! smile.gif
DeeRayy
QUOTE(strongirl @ Jun 16 2011, 04:58 AM) *
DeeRayy, I looked at that post in the link that almost made you cry. I have to say, I thought that chick's boobs were really attractive. Yes, they are two different sizes - but that gives them personality! The fact that they are not the standard, round, bolt-ons makes them much more appealing to me. And her nipples were especially lovely. Obviously she won't be reading this, so I'm not saying it to make her feel good.

yeah, i kinda wanna clarify something about that post. i didn't tear up reading the post because i felt sorry for her (i see now that that's what it kind of sounded like in my original post). I agree that there's nothing wrong with her boobs at all. i just really related to the content that she wrote about her feelings of shame, embarrassment, etc. i have had those exact same feelings in the past and so i empathize with anyone else who feels or has felt that way about their breasts. just clearing that up, i didn't pity her, i just really related to her struggles.
strongirl
Hey, DeeRayy, no clarification needed from my perspective - that's how I interpreted your post to begin with. My own post was more to highlight my positive reaction to the photo of her boobs compared to her own negative reactions, and to explain why I found them appealing. I totally got that you were empathizing with her feelings, not feeling sorry for her.

That's funny, in the previous sentence I originally typed "titally" instead of "totally". smile.gif

Allison-Shine
QUOTE(KeraBear @ Jun 16 2011, 08:05 PM) *
I also really needed this today, strongirl! I am having a bad boobie day. sad.gif I was went to the lake for the first time of the summer. And of course, i fell into old (BAD) habits of totally comparing myself to a lot of the girls there, and feeling woefully inadequate over my lack of curves and being outboobed by half the junior highers. dry.gif I really need to adjust my attitude here! Maybe i should instead be looking to CELEBRATE the DIVERSITY of bodies that are there, INCLUDING lil ol' meeeeeeee.

So much good stuff today. All my bad boobie feelings have instantly melted away! Thanks everyone!!! smile.gif

Yeah whatever happened to "Adult Swim" hours, so we wouldn't have to tolerate such nonsense by having to see curvy & chesty 14 year olds and their "genetic lottery winnings"? rolleyes.gif
KeraBear
QUOTE(Allison-Shine @ Jun 17 2011, 10:27 AM) *
Yeah whatever happened to "Adult Swim" hours, so we wouldn't have to tolerate such nonsense by having to see curvy & chesty 14 year olds and their "genetic lottery winnings"? rolleyes.gif

ha ha.... no doubt! But the problem is the life guards would probably ask me to get out. I would have to bring my ID. Where would I keep it? In my top? LOL!
_Vendetta
I've been thinking about getting surgery and even got to a consultation... the more it becomes real the more it terrifies me. For everything around it, the surgery itself, and.. I'm afraid I might regret it. I'm afraid that I can't forgive myself for not staying strong and giving in to it. I've been going crazy making this decision.
Everytime I go out I end up staring at every girl's chest and hating myself for doing it. I hate the fact that I became to be like this, that I constantly compare myself to others and am jealous that they have' em and I don't.
I don't hate myself or my boobs at all (I hate my adult acne more) but I don't feel feminine and powerful.

Hardest decision ever.
Allison-Shine
One thing that took my mind off of my body issues was the hyper-busy first five months that I had in my job and in my personal life. With so many things to do, goals to accomplish and things that just came up out of the blue, I hardly thought about my breasts, body or of others. I know I neglected poor KeraBear in private messages during that time, so sorry about that ! Shoot I even neglected my own sex life with my boyfriend. Well he was busy too and even ill off and on during that time so not like we were avoiding each other. Busyness is the best antidote? Maybe...

Time has been healing wounds too, the competition, comments and comparisons between be and my busty and taller younger sister have gone way down. She just graduated HS and is working two summer jobs and will be starting college soon. Reality is coming into her world fast now. It's about time something other than her body matures and grows up. tongue.gif

But I'm sure she will find time this summer to again flaunt whats shes got...

DeeRayy
QUOTE(_Vendetta @ Jun 17 2011, 10:30 AM) *
I've been thinking about getting surgery and even got to a consultation... the more it becomes real the more it terrifies me. For everything around it, the surgery itself, and.. I'm afraid I might regret it. I'm afraid that I can't forgive myself for not staying strong and giving in to it. I've been going crazy making this decision.
Everytime I go out I end up staring at every girl's chest and hating myself for doing it. I hate the fact that I became to be like this, that I constantly compare myself to others and am jealous that they have' em and I don't.
I don't hate myself or my boobs at all (I hate my adult acne more) but I don't feel feminine and powerful.

Hardest decision ever.

Vendetta, I understand why this is such a hard decision for you. but there's also no need to beat yourself up over how you feel. we all have insecurities, and every woman wants to feel feminine and beautiful. it seems to me like you're thinking a lot into this (which you should be). i'm rather young so i'm not exactly the wisest person here, but i think that listening to your intuition usually works best in situations like this. what FEELS like the right thing to do? if you end up getting implants that doesn't make you a bad person or a "fake" person. it's your body and you have every right to do what you want with it; YOU and only you are in control of what you do with it. with that said, i think you should remember that you don't need large breasts to be feminine and powerful. there are plenty of women out there with small breasts and loads of confidence. just look at celebrities like olivia wylde, lea michele, natalie portman, the list goes on. they're all stunning and feminine and all those great things.

i also noticed that you said you "don't have" breasts, which is not true! you're a woman, you have breasts. i hate hate haaaaate when women describe themselves as having "no tits" or "no boobs". yeah, i'm small but i clearly have breasts when you look at my chest. they're just not the biggest things on the planet.

i think you just need to calm down and really listen to your own feelings on this issue. distract yourself for a little bit and see how you feel once you're more relaxed.
buttercups
Hey ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA lately, I've had a lot going on in my life since I just graduated from my master's program and now I'm in the job hunt and I need to pass some big exams, and move into a new place too! Congrats KeraBear on graduating-I'm so excited to hear all about your new college experiences, that is really an accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!

Well I have been lurking in here a bit, just haven't quite had the time to respond, but all the positivity going on around here has been really helpful to me cause I have been having a bit of a hard time with all the boobie-stuff lately. I think part of that is because it's summer and part of that is because I've been a bit more stressed out lately, so its just a combo of factors. But anyways, you all have made me feel better about myself and I was feeling pretty good until last night...

Everytime I think I've grown out of people talking about or mentioning my chest or something like that it just comes right back to me. We were at my boyfriends' house last night and he was having a party and we were all sitting around outside talking. It was me, a bunch of guys, and 4 other girls (all of whom are VERY well-endowed). The girls are all good friends with my bf and sometimes that has made me insecure in the past because their boobs are SO big -not just on the larger side, but we're talkin extreme- voluptuousness- that I know there is no possible way he does not notice them, and possibly compare me to that but who knows that's probably all just in my head. It has taken a lot of work on my part to get past that whole aspect and try not to feel insecure about it, because as we've talked about before they can't help having big nice racks anymore than I can help having my non-existent one, but back to the story. So we were all sitting around talking and one of the guys started taking "polls" of who was this and who was that out of the people at the party. He would say something like "who here has the best hair" etc., etc., and everyone would vote on it. Well inevitably it came down to boobs, as it always does, and it was mainly all guys with just the 4 girls that I mentioned before. So he says "who here has the biggest boobs" and of course they all voted on that happily and naturally the girl was proud. Now he says "I know some of you might not like this question, but who here has the smallest boobs?"- well if you know SOME OF US might NOT LIKE the question then why the hell are you asking it??? And pretty much everyone at the party pointed to me. I felt my face getting red and tried to hide the embarrassment, but I don't think I did too good of a job. I mean why point out something so obvious like that?? It is obvious that yes, I have the smallest boobs out of everyone I've ever met ever- but thank you very much for feeling the need to bring that to everyone's attention more so than I already do in my head. I mean earlier they had asked who had the smallest penis size (I know, the maturity factor is high here) and the thing about that was it was all speculation. But I can't hide the fact that I have the smallest boobs, and I think the sadder thing here is that I was wearing one of my extra-padded bras, and I still got pegged for being tiny, so maybe they're not working as well as I thought. I just don't see why he felt the need to ask such an obvious question, unless it was for the sole purpose of humiliating me. I tried to bounce back with humor but I felt shaken the whole rest of the night. I just hate when everyone points out my flaw in a crowd, especially a crowd of men. Why do I always have to be embarrassed like this? Does this happen to anyone else? i was starting to feel a little better about myself, like who the hell cares, but now I'm back feeling bad again.

It also didn't help that the conversation somehow shifted to how my boyfriend was the best looking guy there and they talked about how all these women come into his work and hit on him all the time. I mean I of course find him attractive but I really don't want to hear about how he gets hit on all the time, especially not after my chest size was put on display in front of everyone in a pretty negative way. It just makes me feel more inadequate and undeserving of him, not to mention worried that all these women are putting their boobs (which no contest are going to be way bigger than mine) in his face. I just feel like hiding my body all over again. I have been working out so much, trying to take pride in other parts of myself, and I feel like no one even notices that. They don't notice that my stomach is now a lot flatter (moreso than my chest at least) or that my arms are getting defined muscles or anything. All they see are my tiny boobs. And I also don't know what people expect of me- I am a tiny girl. Chances are that any part of my body that they pointed out would be smaller than anyone elses' there, so why go there with the boobs? Everyone there already knew that my boobs were smaller than anyone else there without the need to verbally point it out.

*sigh * sorry for the negativity on my first post in awhile, i just feel so sad now. I don't even want to see my bf today because I feel so inadequate around him. People probably see us together and think "why is HE with HER??" : (
delibelly
Holy shit. I feel pressed to de-lurk here just to express my outrage at that guy, Buttercups! You know, I've been in similar situations in my early twenties and if I had had my mid-thirties brain, I would have just stood up and walked away the minute this "Whojadoo" game was introduced. You know why? Because I've learned to recognise a shit stirrer when I see one. There was never anything that game could do but play on people's insecurities. It could well have been me as the "biggest tits" girl in a game like that and yaknowwhut? I would have been fucking mortified. No one wants to be singled out as freak-show tits, big or small.

That guy is a tool. He is an insecure asshole who likes drama, so he invents seemingly harmless ways of injecting situations with comments and jokes and games designed to cause friction. "Whaaaat? We're just having fun!!!" Shit. Stirrer. I was with my husband (who is ridiculously handsome) at a work event (his work) - I've had two kids, so let's just say I've been in better shape - and my husband has a beautiful personal assistant. All night some guy I don't fucking know kept pointedly referring to her as my husband's "work wife". Shit. Stirrer.

And maybe shit stirrers do look at us and wonder what we're doing with our men. But they're weird shallow assholes with low self esteem who want to make perfect strangers feel as low as they feel every single minute of their life; so who gives a shit about their opinion? Anyway, they don't know my Greek God husband has farts that smell like an unclean turtle tank. You know, we all have our imperfections. At least yours aren't as manifestly depressing as Mr Shitstir, who is a) immature cool.gif insecure c) obnoxious d)unhappy and e) jealous of you.

Fuck that guy and anyone who was enjoying that game. Any sane human being would have found it embarrassing and uncomfortable.
strongirl
Well said, Delibelly, and thanks for de-lurking to say it! "Shit stirrer" - I'm gonna keep that one in mind, they're everywhere and it helps to have a name for them.

Buttercups, you say "I know, the maturity factor is high here", like it's a side issue...but it's not. That's a ridiculous game - not just immature but mean and guaranteed to make everyone insecure and uncomfortable. Quite possibly the girl with the biggest boobs is worrying now what's wrong with her hair, if she didn't get best hair, too. That guy is a total dick. You shouldn't be hanging out with people who do that. No one should.
DeeRayy
oh wow, buttercups. you have noo idea how angry that story made me! i'm going to agree with strongirl and delibelly on this one. you do NOT need to be around those kind of people. i'm only nineteen and my friends don't even do that kind of crap! did your boyfriend have anything to say about what happened?

i've been singled out before because of my small boobs too, so i know how much it hurts. i've told this story before, but i had a close friend in high school who used to always point out how small my boobs were. once when we were with a couple of other girls one of them started to complain about her small chest and my "friend" said out loud to everyone, "at least you're not like DeeRayy! Just look at them, they're like the smallest things ever." and believe me, that stung. i was completely embarrassed and felt down about my body for a long time after that. but you what happened not too long after that? one time she was bending down to get a pencil she had dropped and stuffing slipped out of the left cup of her bra. i did a double take and realized that one of her breasts was an entire cup size bigger than the other and she had been hiding it the whole time i'd known her. soooo, when she was making fun of my boobs she was really trying to make herself feel better about her own boobs, and was probably jealous that mine are symmetrical. my point is that people who try to point out your flaws are immature and are trying to compensate for their own insecurities, just like strongirl and delibelly said before.

he's probably just jealous that he can't get a girl like you to be his girlfriend!
anarch
What an unmitigated ass that guy is. Jesus. His mental age must be, like, twelve.

And I wish your bf would tell his friends, "Hey, cut that shit out. I don't want to hear it."
karategrrl
QUOTE(delibelly @ Jun 20 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Holy shit. I feel pressed to de-lurk here just to express my outrage at that guy, Buttercups! You know, I've been in similar situations in my early twenties and if I had had my mid-thirties brain, I would have just stood up and walked away the minute this "Whojadoo" game was introduced. You know why? Because I've learned to recognise a shit stirrer when I see one. There was never anything that game could do but play on people's insecurities. It could well have been me as the "biggest tits" girl in a game like that and yaknowwhut? I would have been fucking mortified. No one wants to be singled out as freak-show tits, big or small.

That guy is a tool. He is an insecure asshole who likes drama, so he invents seemingly harmless ways of injecting situations with comments and jokes and games designed to cause friction. "Whaaaat? We're just having fun!!!" Shit. Stirrer. I was with my husband (who is ridiculously handsome) at a work event (his work) - I've had two kids, so let's just say I've been in better shape - and my husband has a beautiful personal assistant. All night some guy I don't fucking know kept pointedly referring to her as my husband's "work wife". Shit. Stirrer.

And maybe shit stirrers do look at us and wonder what we're doing with our men. But they're weird shallow assholes with low self esteem who want to make perfect strangers feel as low as they feel every single minute of their life; so who gives a shit about their opinion? Anyway, they don't know my Greek God husband has farts that smell like an unclean turtle tank. You know, we all have our imperfections. At least yours aren't as manifestly depressing as Mr Shitstir, who is a) immature cool.gif insecure c) obnoxious d)unhappy and e) jealous of you.

Fuck that guy and anyone who was enjoying that game. Any sane human being would have found it embarrassing and uncomfortable.

Grrl, you PEGGED this asshat totally--nothing new I can add here!! Yep, the "only kidding" shit stirrer variety of asshole man, with which I am only too familiar. Ech.

Anyway, they don't know my Greek God husband has farts that smell like an unclean turtle tank.
I am DYING laughing!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for a much-needed inner ab workout on what has so far been a pretty shitty night and day for me!!!!! POST MORE, LURK LESS!!
karategrrl
PS: What I would have given to have been there and say (pick your favorite), as I pointed to him:

"Who's got the smallest dick?"
"Who's the biggest shit-stirrer?"
"Who's the most insecure?"
"Who's never gotten laid?"
"Who's the biggest fucking dipwad shit-stirrin' asshat?"
"Who finger-fucks himself in the ass on plastic sheets whilst lubed up with chocolate sauce and watching Oprah?"

You get the idea. Additions to this list cheerfully accepted.
strongirl
ROFL, there's no way I could top that last one!!! biggrin.gif
buttercups
Hahahahahahha! You ladies are the best!! Delibelly I completely agree with Karategrrl, please post more- that post made me feel a lot better and made me laugh at the same time-thank you soo much! To answer everyone's question, my bf didn't say too much besides telling everyone that the game needed to stop (which they didn't listen to) because he didn't want people to know that that was an area of insecurity for me. I guess looking back I would have been more embarrassed if he had made it a big deal because then it would have been obvious that I feel bad about my boobs, which no one else really knows about. I just wish I had come up with some witty remark myself!

The only question it leaves me wondering is do people ever stop pointing out things like this? Will anyone ever see me as more than a flat chest?? How do you get away from all these asshat shit-stirrers???
karategrrl
QUOTE(buttercups @ Jun 21 2011, 03:49 PM) *
The only question it leaves me wondering is do people ever stop pointing out things like this? Will anyone ever see me as more than a flat chest?? How do you get away from all these asshat shit-stirrers???

Well, it does get better, but there were always be some asshole. When we're all old enough to be in nursing homes it'll no doubt be the same game, but instead, "Who's wearin' a diaper?" or "Who's still got their prostate?" Buttercups, sounds like your guy tried. And delibeelly, I agree--the walking away thing is very good, though not always do-able. I am finding that active avoidance does neutralize a lot of these things, as do good verbal tactics when you simply can't escape. There are some good books on this topic I've discovered.

And yes, honey, people will see you as "more than a flat chest." We do, for starters. wink.gif And one parting thought: it's people like that that will never be seen as more than shitheads. And people who MATTER can recognize that a mile away--no need to defend yourself.

And I'm sure he only asked questions that diverted attention away from HIM, yes? Another common asshat tactic.
anarch
QUOTE(buttercups @ Jun 21 2011, 08:49 AM) *
my bf didn't say too much besides telling everyone that the game needed to stop (which they didn't listen to) because he didn't want people to know that that was an area of insecurity for me. I guess looking back I would have been more embarrassed if he had made it a big deal

Glad he tried. I was also thinking along the lines of him saying something in private, generally speaking, since IIRC he has asshole friends who have made denigrating comments before. (Sometimes people handle racist friends this way. Of course, this tactic ends in either the friend respecting the request, or disrespecting it, and if disrespect is their choice, then personally I drop them. For me, it's worth it. Others' mileage may vary.)

Right on karategrrl! ...now I'm trying to picture this asshole, wondering what we could single out and make him feel bad for, "just for fun." Har. Har. Har. Besides his juvenile personality.
KeraBear
LMAO at Karategrrls comment! omigosh that was so awesome! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(anarch @ Jun 21 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Right on karategrrl! ...now I'm trying to picture this asshole, wondering what we could single out and make him feel bad for, "just for fun." Har. Har. Har. Besides his juvenile personality.

Well shoot, when the topic of small penises came out and when he denies being the obvious pick, shoulda asked him to drop his pants (prove it!!!). And then say, "....MEH." Normally i do not advocate drooping to someone else's low level. Buuuuut.... feels appropriate ha ha

QUOTE(buttercups @ Jun 20 2011, 11:41 AM) *
People probably see us together and think "why is HE with HER??" : (

Oooh, ooh... i know! *KeraBear squirms in her seat and stretches her hand to the sky all Hermione-like* Because you are beautiful, smart, and a total sweetheart!! It's not like its a secret. We've known about this for months now!!
karategrrl
DeeRayy, I keep forgetting to respond to something. You mentioned a few posts back about your "hook" nose. Well, I have to say that is like one of my FAVE kinds of noses, and I was so totally POed when Ashlee Simpson got hers "fixed." Seriously, there have been times I wanted a nose like that, b/c I think they look so cool. So there. NyAH! tongue.gif

And how does this relate to breasties? Well, maybe people look at us and think the same thing about our breasts.
anarch
Hanne Blank (author, btw, of an excellent book on ideas and surprising realities of "virginity"): Real women do not have curves. Real women do not look like just one thing. . . . There is no wrong way to have a body.

KeraBear: <3
karategrrl
Kera,

Great link!!! Thanks!
KeraBear
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jun 27 2011, 08:46 AM) *
Kera,

Great link!!! Thanks!

Well, thanks. Buuuuut... that was from Anarch. I can see the confusion though. The end of her message looks like a signature, but it is actually a proclamation of small boobie love to yours truly. smile.gif I AM pretty loveable aren't I? wink.gif

That said, i agree. Good link!

karategrrl
Derrr...multitasking and posting while on too-quick work break! Forgive me. And yeah, you are quite loveable!!! laugh.gif
strongirl
Totally agree with:

1) Kera is extremely loveable!

2) That link was awesome - uplifting, witty, analytical writing in the fine feminist tradition! Thanks, Anarch!

KeraBear
i've been doing more time thinking about what my boobs might say to me if they were personified (i know, i have waaaaaay too much time on my hands. LOL!). I was thinking they might be rather offended that i am participating in a forum titled, "small breast support group". I mean the name sort of implies that having small boobs is a problem, doesn't it? Wouldn't a more appropriate title be "ridiculously stooopid breast-obsessed culture support group"? Just sayin'...

oh! and thanks for the love, grrrls! *blushing* I love you too! smile.gif
anarch
QUOTE(KeraBear @ Jun 28 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Wouldn't a more appropriate title be "ridiculously stooopid breast-obsessed culture support group"? Just sayin'...

Ha! More <3 <3

Anne_Ecdote, thanks for that link. I'm so angry at her husbands.

Here's another that y'all might like:

we can fall short of the unattainable ideal and still be wanted. That doesn’t mean we have a right to be desired by a particular person. But it does mean we all – men and women alike – need to remember that what is sexy often has very little to do with what the media insists is beautiful. And we need to be good about reassuring each other of that simple truth.

We do that here. I am grateful for every one o' youse.

And also, I would add to that linked piece, we need to smack down the assholes who buy into the bullshit.
Anne_Ecdote
Normal breast gallery.
nbdx0645
Popping in and seeing this after a really frustrating day:
"Real women are fat. And thin. And both, and neither, and otherwise. Doesn’t make them any less real."

So awesome. Just what I needed to hear.
KeraBear
QUOTE(Anne_Ecdote @ Jun 29 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Wow.... this piece affected me deeply. Maybe it is cause this poor woman was the same age as i am right now when she got implants... unsure.gif

oh yeah, and i want to punch her ex-husband in the face. POW! WHAMMO!

anarch... your link didn't work for me. sad.gif

nbdx0645
I agree Kera.

I am just stunned how, in her darkest hours, she was reduced to her body parts by her partner. Reading the article gave me a different perspective on my mother's situation to get implants. She always wanted to seen as 'perfect' ... because perfection is supposed to be protected, rewarded and loved.
karategrrl
QUOTE(anarch @ Jun 30 2011, 03:53 AM) *

OMG, I had that poster on my wall as a teen!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought about it in years. Until now. And yes, I totally have to agree with that writer. While I like the kindof bod in that poster, honestly it gets boring. My husband is a totally differnt body type than I was attracted to most of my life (he's a big dude, huge shoulders, tall--what you'd call a "brick shithouse," and literally twice my weight. Funny thing is, he has a "tire" around the middle that he hates, but honestly, I just don't care. When I look hard I say, "Oh yes, he does have side-fat you can see from the back, and kind of a roll when he bends over" but I dunno, it's like, given the big picture, I'm too busy noticing the tight butt, strong shoulders, arms, hands, legs, sexy eyes and smile to give a shit. His tummy fat is what makes him, well, him.

Kera, good point about hte name of our group! And Anne_Ecdote (love that!) That article was awesome, but SAD. What dumbass men!!!!!!
karategrrl

OMG, I had that poster on my wall as a teen!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought about it in years. Until now. And yes, I totally have to agree with that writer. While I like the kindof bod in that poster, honestly it gets boring. My husband is a totally differnt body type than I was attracted to most of my life (he's a big dude, huge shoulders, tall--what you'd call a "brick shithouse," and literally twice my weight. Funny thing is, he has a "tire" around the middle that he hates, but honestly, I just don't care. When I look hard I say, "Oh yes, he does have side-fat you can see from the back, and kind of a roll when he bends over" but I dunno, it's like, given the big picture, I'm too busy noticing the tight butt, strong shoulders, arms, hands, legs, sexy eyes and smile to give a shit. His tummy fat is what makes him, well, him.

Kera, good point about hte name of our group! And Anne_Ecdote (love that!) That article was awesome, but SAD. What dumbass men!!!!!!
karategrrl

OMG, I had that poster on my wall as a teen!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought about it in years. Until now. And yes, I totally have to agree with that writer. While I like the kindof bod in that poster, honestly a "perfect" body gets boring to me after awhile--I like the things that set people apart, make them unique. My husband is a totally differnt body type than I was attracted to most of my life (he's a big dude, huge shoulders, tall--what you'd call a "brick shithouse," and literally twice my weight. Funny thing is, he has a "tire" around the middle that he hates, but honestly, I just don't care. When I look hard I say, "Oh yes, he does have side-fat you can see from the back, and kind of a roll when he bends over" but I dunno, it's like, given the big picture, I'm too busy noticing the tight butt, strong shoulders, arms, hands, legs, sexy eyes and smile to give a shit. His tummy fat is what makes him, well, him.

KeraBear
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 1 2011, 10:03 AM) *
OMG, I had that poster on my wall as a teen!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't thought about it in years. Until now. And yes, I totally have to agree with that writer. While I like the kindof bod in that poster, honestly a "perfect" body gets boring to me after awhile--I like the things that set people apart, make them unique. My husband is a totally differnt body type than I was attracted to most of my life (he's a big dude, huge shoulders, tall--what you'd call a "brick shithouse," and literally twice my weight. Funny thing is, he has a "tire" around the middle that he hates, but honestly, I just don't care. When I look hard I say, "Oh yes, he does have side-fat you can see from the back, and kind of a roll when he bends over" but I dunno, it's like, given the big picture, I'm too busy noticing the tight butt, strong shoulders, arms, hands, legs, sexy eyes and smile to give a shit. His tummy fat is what makes him, well, him.

This was beautiful, karategrrl. smile.gif Asfor the poster, i'll bet you could find one on E-bay. smile.gif

I agree that link was a really good read... although I have to admit one of the first thoughts that came to my mind was just how awkward it would be for me to stumble upon a blog written by one of MY professors where he refers to his "throbbing erection." LOL! Oh my! laugh.gif
skindeep1991
Hello ladies,
I was browsing Google today and I stumbled across Agyness Deyn the supermodel, Anyway I'd like to point out how small her breasts are and how beautiful she is:

http://www.fernandoirigoyen.com/resources/...gyness-deyn.jpg

http://www.modelsblog.info/content/2008/07...agness-deyn.jpg - I once stumbled across this picture with a so called friend (we aren't friends anymore she was one of those friends that likes to belittle you) and she shouted out "oh my god she's disgusting look at her she looks like a man, she has no boobs at all, thats not sexy thats just wrong"
not realising my insecurities obviously well i hope not anyway, but from then on I didn't feel like I could talk to her about it, that and her comments about how depressing it must be for me to have small breasts.

http://videocelebrities.eu/wp-content/uplo...gyness-deyn.jpg

Anyways point of these posts are that, she's gorgeous and sucessfull yeah she has small breasts but they are beautiful and she's probably got a lot more money and a better life than the horrible people like my so called friend that put people down for there lack of breasts.

someone obviously found her sexy and tbh I find that sexy.

xx
skindeep1991
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jun 16 2011, 08:24 PM) *
and for as long as i can remember people have had trouble deciding whether i'm hispanic or middle eastern. anyway, i got kinda self conscious about my nose again for a little, and i was texting my aunt about it and how my nose makes me feel odd looking, to which she replied, "you're not odd looking, you're exotic!"

DeeRayy I know EXACTLY how you feel, I am Brasilian and people here in the UK always ask me if i'm Indian or Asian and it used to really get to me because growing up I used to get called names for it and i'd feel really down about it. Becuase i was so proud that i'm Brasilian and because it's seen to be quite a sexy thing it upset me for people to think that I was from elsewhere.

Also like you i've had issues with my nose as it is quite big and pointy and it curves down at the end, In highschool a boy used to tell me that I needed a nose job and I used to be made fun of for my skin colour as I am quite dark also, My mother used to tell me that one day people would envy my dark skin and pay a lot of money to be the same colour as me and they'd never get there, I never used to believe her. But now I get comments on how lucky I am to be tanned all year round and how beautiful my skin colour is.

Anyway thinking about it I thought how beautiful Indian women are and how I shouldn't take it as an offence, If I was over in Brasil I know i'd fit in and look Brasilian, But I quite like being the "Exotic" one and looking different as you pointed out.

I hope you love your nose and small boobs because you're a beautiful person, as are all the ladies on this thread.
karategrrl
Skindeep, your mother was totally right! You sound like one hot mamacita!!!! wink.gif

QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jul 5 2011, 07:46 AM) *
Anyways point of these posts are that, she's gorgeous and sucessfull yeah she has small breasts but they are beautiful and she's probably got a lot more money and a better life than the horrible people like my so called friend that put people down for there lack of breasts.

someone obviously found her sexy and tbh I find that sexy.

Shit yeah, grrlfriend. A thousand times, "yeah!"
KeraBear
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 5 2011, 01:07 PM) *
Skindeep, your mother was totally right! You sound like one hot mamacita!!!! wink.gif

I second this! smile.gif
DeeRayy
QUOTE(karategrrl @ Jul 5 2011, 10:07 AM) *

i third this! smile.gif

skindeep, sooooo glad to hear that you feel me on the nose/ethnic appearance thing. it definitely was something that was always pointed out to me as a child. but now we both realize that it's a good thing to look unique! it may not always be easy to have that attitude (well, at least for me it's not), but we should definitely both take pride in out features- the nose and the boobs and all! you know what we should do? we should call up lea michele and form some kind of exotic looking, small boobied version of charlies angels!

i hope you use lea as a role model too. i know i do. just look at her, she's gorgeous and she has both of the features that we share!

http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/gal...Apr_12_2010.jpg
skindeep1991
QUOTE(DeeRayy @ Jul 7 2011, 04:29 AM) *
i third this! smile.gif

skindeep, sooooo glad to hear that you feel me on the nose/ethnic appearance thing. it definitely was something that was always pointed out to me as a child. but now we both realize that it's a good thing to look unique! it may not always be easy to have that attitude (well, at least for me it's not), but we should definitely both take pride in out features- the nose and the boobs and all! you know what we should do? we should call up lea michele and form some kind of exotic looking, small boobied version of charlies angels!

i hope you use lea as a role model too. i know i do. just look at her, she's gorgeous and she has both of the features that we share!

http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/gal...Apr_12_2010.jpg

Lol yeah we so should be all ethnic but not really ethnic charlies angels! xD sound's like lots of fun. And yeah I love her she's gorgeous and I love how she doesn't look like everyone else.

I was contemplating putting a picture up of my breasts on here to see what people think, do you guys think that's a good idea?
We should have a day where we just make each other feel better about things we don't like about ourselves. doesn't have to be breasts can be anything but I think it would be a feel good day, and possibly a little freeing...

let me know your thoughts?
karategrrl
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jul 7 2011, 10:30 AM) *
I was contemplating putting a picture up of my breasts on here to see what people think, do you guys think that's a good idea?
We should have a day where we just make each other feel better about things we don't like about ourselves. doesn't have to be breasts can be anything but I think it would be a feel good day, and possibly a little freeing...

I'm for whatever makes you feel great, I'm just not sure exactly where you'd post them here--I think I'm msissing something. You can post boobie pcs on 007.com (I think that's the site) too. I'd post a pic of mine as long as it was anonymous--no head. wink.gif

I love the pic of lea michele. She's beautiuous, but what I like most is that she exudes confidence in this photo, with booblets half-exposed. Aw yeah!
DeeRayy
QUOTE(skindeep1991 @ Jul 7 2011, 03:30 AM) *

hmmm well karategrrl's suggestion makes sense. you could post a pic on that 007 site. i honestly don't think i'm at the point where i could post a pic of my boobs, but that's just me. but if you want to i shall totally cheer you on smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.