Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85
knorl05
sad t'aint it starship? terribly misinformed. sad.gif

so i dont have any hollywood heroines but if i did, she would be one of them:

good ole milla jovovich

karategrrl
Hey there ladies, got to keep it brief--I'm at work--but wanted to give you all an update.

I and the man talked again. He's known since the weekend I've been in a funk--not just over the magazine but his apparent inability to talk about how I felt about it. We had a big powoww last night and it's all straightened out. And you know what? He commented that he thinks a lot of of the girls and poses in that biker mag looked stupid--the exaggerated arched back of the girl laying on the bike, for example.

What's even cooler is he confessed he declined going to a work friend's 50th BD party last weekend (he alone was invited) because there were going to be belly dancers there, and he knew that would bother me! I guess he'snot sucha blockhead after all...

"good ole milla jovovich"

Sheet yeah, knorl. She's one of my faves. I especially like how the material over her breasts is wrinkly--not taut--and she just doesn't care!

Oh, and Starship, about those boys on the tube--there's the possibility the one who said the breasts were small may have said that to try and seem "manly" or cool to his friend. Not that it makes what he said okay, of course. wink.gif

Have a great busty day, ladies!
crinoline
hi all!
I glad ya'll worked everything out, karate grrl. I do want to say though, as a belly dancer myself, that we are NOT equivalent with "strippers" or anything like that. In the U.S., belly dancing has been sexualized as a dance for men, when it actually originated as a dance to celebrate femininity. We (dancers) are constantly being confronted with misconceptions, especially from men.

knorl05- I want that blue bathing suit!

ETA: Tropical conference sounds good to me! I'm already at the beach, so we could meet here and head off into the sunset... (with IBTColadas, of course)
karategrrl
QUOTE(crinoline @ Feb 28 2008, 02:44 PM) *
I do want to say though, as a belly dancer myself, that we are NOT equivalent with "strippers" or anything like that. In the U.S., belly dancing has been sexualized as a dance for men, when it actually originated as a dance to celebrate femininity. We (dancers) are constantly being confronted with misconceptions, especially from men.

Hey Crinoline,

I love belly dancers/dancing--I know a little about the background of the art. My issue is not with the dance but--as you mentioned--how American men seem to perceive it. Unfortunately, I think they do liken it to stripping because it's the closest thing they can relate it to. I told my hubby how historically, female belly dancers danced for other females--males had male dancers, because the genders were kept segregated. He was totally shocked at that! Ha.

I apologize if I sounded like I perceived it wrong. Considering that the men that were to be in attendance at this particular party were industrial workers and don't know a thing about dance as an art form, it would have been a crotch-grabbing, ogling thing to them--and that's what would have bugged me. wink.gif

Actually, I would like to take a class. smile.gif
crinoline
You should take a class! Look around your community, many colleges and ballroom facilities offer classes. Dancing has always made me feel more feminine. Belly dance (or raqs sharqi if you're interested) in particular makes me feel powerful and feminine. And, small breasts can be an asset when you're busting out the shimmies. If you got hips (and everyone's got hips), you can dance.

Speaking of misinformed men, a friend of mine had a dance gig at what she thought was a wedding reception, but it turned out to be a bachelor party. They had hired a professional oriental dancer like she was a stripper! And then they wanted to stuff dollar bills in her costume! Needless to say, they were left without entertainment for the night. Even at legitimate dance events, some guys can't seem to keep their hands to themselves (pigs.).
I told my hubby how historically, female belly dancers danced for other females--males had male dancers, because the genders were kept segregated. He was totally shocked at that! Ha.

-exactly. In fact, several women in my dance troupe will not perform if there are men present for cultural/religious reasons.

On the topic of small boobies, I was depressed because my boobs were at the smallest end of their cycle (they go up and down about half a cup each month). Crinoboy was like "let me see them" so he proceeded to examine them thoroughly before announcing "they're perfect!". lol, I feel like I passed inspection!
karategrrl
"They had hired a professional oriental dancer like she was a stripper! And then they wanted to stuff dollar bills in her costume!"

Ugh. With the popularity of contemporary stripping, men expect all kinds of dance to be like that. I am happy they didn't get any entertainment that night!

"In fact, several women in my dance troupe will not perform if there are men present for cultural/religious reasons."

You go, girls! I agree--I would feel more comfortable dancing for women only so as not to be ogled at. But I would dance for my hubby! wink.gif

"On the topic of small boobies, I was depressed because my boobs were at the smallest end of their cycle (they go up and down about half a cup each month). Crinoboy was like "let me see them" so he proceeded to examine them thoroughly before announcing "they're perfect!". lol, I feel like I passed inspection!"

That is SO cool he said that. Hey at least yours go up and down. Mine just stay down!
karategrrl
Hey guys, another empowering song I discovered: “Video” by India Arie. It’s not new, but new to me. There’s a great line in it: “Keep your silicone/I prefer my own/What God gave me is just fine…”

She’s so cool.
knorl05
yes karategrrl that is a good one..

thoughts. primarily centered around the comment that dj biz made, that as liberated feminists we're not supposed to be fettered by ideas that our predetermined femininity/sex appeal determine our worth. and that's entirely right on... i realize how much time i've wasted on hating my body, and the psychological ramifications that i've encountered as a result. we can't truly be liberated or empowered if we are allowing ourselves to fall victim to prejudices and misconceptions of those who are not liberated or empowered.

and i suppose that's where a bulk of our problems lie.. the society, culture, community, belief systems that nurture us are rooted in these very traditional and homogeneous ideals. and because we are a member of these things whether or not we like it, we are going to be affected by them. and so that is the challenge.

to admit that particular influences impose on our lives and well being, is not the same as mindlessly following these influences, imo. unless we completely shelter ourselves from the (un)real world, we are going to have to deal with these very real things that are going on around us. and that, is what i find so valuable about this board. not just that we are all carrying the same weight, but that we are choosing to take it on and figure it out, and help eachother along in the process.

so love and hugs to my fellow (small busted) busties for being such strong women.
karategrrl
Knorl, I couldn't have said any of that better myself!
starship
This thread has been an education in itself.

Sure I still want boobs (please God?). But it's only as big an issue as you make it. Im still hot. Im still sexy. and most importantly Im still me. Looks can only get you so far and make you so happy (unless you lack the intelligence to aspire further than shallow wants)

Hmm I blame society too Knorl. But on the other hand, arent I part of society...I wear padded bras. As if to say breasts like mine are shameful and need to be disguised. I feel like I can't complain about the society I contribute to. I feel like Im just as bad as the women who bitch and turn their noses up at other small breasted girls. One day I shall ditch the bras....

I want this. I want the balls to wear this.
knorl05
((karategrrl))

starship: i dont "blame" society necessarily.. we are each responsible for ourselves, our feelings, and our thoughts. i'm sure there are plenty of small breasted women in the world who are most likely unaffected by anyone else's opinions about breast size. i suppose the point that i was trying to make is that i think we have to figure out where these 'issues' originated, in order to get a better understanding of ourselves. there are some women who are comfortable with their bodies, and there are some women who arent as much. when i'm around people who accept me for whom i am, i could really care less. but when i'm confronted with messages from the media/society, i feel ill, insignificant, and inferior. and why is that? i can be so confident on one level, and completely neurotic and insecure on another.. and i'd much rather be consistently ok with myself than try to hide or deny the things i dont really like about myself. i hate feeling not-good-enough, and i'm sure most other people do too.. that's why they turn to the silicone or the sports cars or the bigger [thisthatortheother] from a pill. yes i wear water bras. and before i started wearing them, thoughtless people through the years straight up told me that my boobs dont measure up. granted that was when i was a younger, but it still stuck with me. so if i have to throw a water bra on and forget about it, i will. maybe one day, quite soon since i'll be turning thirty, i'll start wearing my regular bras more often than not... i dunno. i guess i see water bras the same as i see wearing make up, at the end of the day i can return to my regular, irregular self. and i will always have the opportunity to explore my thoughts further to finally be liberated from these useless concerns -vs- if i were to do something drastic to change my appearance i would subsequently always feel as though i sold myself out. does that make sense?

ps. i am SO buying that shirt.
pps. dont mean to be a thread hog. *snortsnort*
starship
well I dont think we'd have these thoughts if it wasnt for society and the norms it imposes. The bra thing annoys me. I think if padded bras didnt exist then it would be much less of an issue because seeing women with smaller breasts would be more normal and perhaps accepted. Most women cover them up as though its a dirty shameful secret (myself included). At the same time I like to have the illusion of boobs because i think it makes me look better. simple as. I look more proportionate and clothes fit nicely. Im not gonna ditch them any time soon but cant help feeling like Im contributing to the problem myself by making small breasts seem so rare and irregular. hmm, its a conundrum. I think if I felt it looked good Id have no problem going au-naturel. I found a fab bikini the other day which is slightly moulded but doesnt really add anything, and it looks great on me:). Boobs have become a fashion accessory. It's like how in Elizabethan times people painted their faces with lead and drew veins on their beasts to make themselves appear pale and white; now they smother themselves in orange crap to look more exotic. Apparently small boobs were all the rage in the 40s too. but dont quote me on that...anyway, societys general perception of beauty changes all the time. Just because we happen to be in an era which praises traits we dont posess does not mean that we arent still beautiful. So-called unconventional beauty. (the best sort smile.gif).
Recently Ive noticed that the general consensus seems to be that the shape is far more important than the size. Hmm, not too sure if I rate the shape of mine either:/. dang
Has anyone seen/thought about trying that weird big sucky bra thing that er 'stretches' your boobs bigger?
crinoline
Boobs have become a fashion accessory. It's like how in Elizabethan times people painted their faces with lead and drew veins on their beasts to make themselves appear pale and white; now they smother themselves in orange crap to look more exotic. Apparently small boobs were all the rage in the 40s too. but dont quote me on that...anyway, societys general perception of beauty changes all the time. Just because we happen to be in an era which praises traits we dont posess does not mean that we arent still beautiful. So-called unconventional beauty. (the best sort smile.gif).

Yes! I'm an art history minor, and it's amazing to watch the preference for the "ideal" body type change over time. The 1940's (unless you mean another 40s) were actually the beginning of the sweater girl (And V-girls, painted on planes). The 1920s were a time when small breasts were so in vogue that women bound their chests, like we pad our bras today.
Here is a good article that provides an accelerated survey of the female nude in art.
It's also true that the breasts rendered by artists are natural breasts, unless it is an extremist work. And across time, natural has been beautiful. It still is. Notice that the Venus de Milo , which is a mathematically perfect female form, does not have cleavage. It's not necessary.
I hope that we are merely suffering the tail end of the large breast obsession bomb that went off in the 1950s. I think it's subsiding in waves.
Anyway, appreciate what you've got, and think how beautiful you would look on canvas wink.gif .

As for the sucky bra- Gaahhh! No!! What is that!?
karategrrl
QUOTE(starship @ Mar 7 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Has anyone seen/thought about trying that weird big sucky bra thing that er 'stretches' your boobs bigger?

My friend tried that. I forget the name of it at the moment, but it's this twin suction device (think breast pumps) that you have to wear for like 10 hours a day or some crap. It's supposed to stimulate breast growth. Well, it does make them swollen for a short time--a few hours(?) because, hey, if you suck on anything for long enough, it gets swollen! (Hmmm...feel free to read into that anyway you wish...but I digress!)

My friend got BLISTERS on her chest skin from using this device. Ridiculous. And after all these hours she spent doing this and basically getting diaper rash on her breasts, her breasts are the same. Waste of time, money, energy!
dj-bizmonkey
thanks for that tour through the art world, crinoline! i remember looking at boticelli's 'birth of venus' when i was in florence (or is it in milan, i can't remember which) and feeling very close to her. even though my skin is alot darker, her body reminded me of my own. i liked the kallpygos venus as well, from which we derive the word, callipygean- posessing a large, beautiful posterior. it's one of my favorite words.

as for the 'brava' sucking bra method, i'm embarassed to say that i've done some research on it. they do warn about skin irritation, but it actually does work (kind of) according to the research. there are a few articles published in respected scientific/medical journals, however the sample sizes are pretty small for each study (no more than 40 women) and most women were able to pump up about a cup size or less. i read the article in 'elle' magazine about it and the technology is based on reconstruction procedures for limbs etc and also breast reconstruction for women who have had masectomies. it costs about $1200 and you do have to where it for 10 hours a day for three months. who has time for that? not anyone i know. simply, not worth it to me.

starship
Knew they were the in-thing at some point Crinoline smile.gif. The art stuff was really interesting. Im pretty sure most women still look that way but we just dont see it enough. It's strange how seeing someone with a body similar to your own can make you feel more validated. & i really hope youre right about the 'breast obsession bomb'. Enough with the boobies already...
Yeah, that was the bra I was talking about. I saw something about it in a magazine and thought that surely if it worked like they said, everyone would invest in one...they failed to mention the minor detail of wearing it for 10hrs though! thats crazy. And if its only swelling like karategrrl said then wouldnt it just go back down again when you stop using it? Sounds ridiculous anyway...
knorl05
i saw a very large chested woman running today. she had boob all over the place, and i felt bad for her... she looked rather awkward and uncomfortable. another reason that small titties are good, easier to exercise!
dj-bizmonkey
i always feel for the ladies at the gym who have to strap themselves in before they can work out. although, just because my breasts are small doesn't mean it feels good when they bounce up and down repeatedly. i was at the gym the other day and i usually just go to school early in my workout clothes and shower and change there. well, i'd picked out my entire outfit but forgot to pack a bra. one of my classmates was there at the same time and i was laughing at myself because it was going to be 'nipple-mania,' all day for me. she said, 'you're so lucky. i've got D's and if i forgot my bra, i wouldn't be able to go to class!'

another moment of vindication, if you will, while i was bathing suit shopping the other day. i came out of the dressing room to show my bf the teeny-weeny bikini. there were a couple other ladies in the store, one of them was particularly busty. she saw me in the mirror and said, 'i don't want to sound rude, but i am so jealous of you! i love that style of swimsuit but there is no way i can get these (and she grabbed her boobs) into something like that. i would just look ridiculous.' just goes to show, the grass is greener on both sides.

on a more philosophical note, i fear that the era of breast-obsession won't be coming to an end any time soon. in fact, in think our total obsession with youth and beauty will continue wax out of control with the continuous onslaught of media. the art world seems to be an area that is at least somewhat insulated from all that shite. yes, art imitates life, but in real life, women (and men for that matter) don't look like people from the pages of magazines. that's because those people are atleast somewhat computer generated. i think art will forever be a haven of true beauty, because it doesn't just speak to the exterior or the material, it has an inner beauty, an inner voice that we as human beings can connect to. when i look at a self-portrait of frida kahlo, her uni-brow, her mustache, whatever, it all looks stunning to me. that's because i'm not just looking at her exterior beauty, i feel like i'm looking into the seat of her soul, her self and that is more moving than any glossy ad in cosmo. however, i have to admit that i do enjoy some high fashion photography on an artistic level, even though high-fashion is at least partly responsible for distorted body images. what bothers me most about fashion now adays is this polarized dichotomy. on the one end there are super-slender, tall, pubescent looking women and on the other, full-figured 'plus-size' models. where is the in between? where is the average-shaped woman? where are the sizes 8-12? those are the most common sizes! it reminds me of an episode of 'america's next top model,' where they had a beautiful, plus-sized model. she made it through pretty close to the end and then she started to lose weight. the judges were criticizing her for losing weight. she was starting to look, well, alot like me! there is no space for the regular-shaped women of exceptional beauty. maybe it's the way the camera misrepresents reality. i dunno. sorry for getting so off topic

*high-fives* all around to small-busted busties!
dj-bizmonkey
sorry for a double post, but i'd like to retract my use of 'regular-shaped.' i do NOT want to imply that large or particularly svelte women are 'irregular.' maybe, average-shaped is better?
starship
I sometimes read the large breast thread to make myself feel better. and then feel like an awful person. and still secretly want their boobies...

I cant imagine the boob frenzy ending any time soon either sad.gif. If nature were left to take its course then maybe it would. But anyone with a C or below is getting surgery nowadays and the rest are usually stuffing their bras anyway. How can something become admired if its never seen. I imagine in 20years time a girl with small breasts will not just feel like a minority but an absolute freak of nature. She will have nothing to look to to reassure her that her body is normal. Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...
I dont fit into any of your descriptions Dj-Biz. Must be a new breed of irregular

I saw a short film clip today demonstrating how a mammogram is performed. They seemed to erm clamp the breast inbetween two large plates to take the scan. Sounds silly but it worried me a little for the future because I can imagine them having trouble finding much to grab hold of :/. Has anyone here had a mammogram and how did it go?
haha i am aware i worry too much...
edie52
Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...

Sharship, you're in the UK, right? I can see why you feel that way (maybe even more than the rest of us)- I recently flipped through a copy of British Glamour (or something like that), and the back of the mag was full of boob-job ads. And the women's breasts looked pretty nice, not gross and fake. And there were tag lines like "make this your best summer yet" and stuff about revealing your "true self." Shit, I was almost convinced. It's pretty sick.

I guess in American magazines they have those ads, but not in such high concentration. There are also a lot of weight loss ads, and skin ads, which don't affect me on such a personal level. And I guess having lived in Canada, and now Sweden, I haven't been so exposed to that. Maybe it's just the circles I travel in, but I've barely ever seen fake boobs in my life, though of course there is still pressure to look a certain way.
karategrrl
QUOTE(starship @ Mar 13 2008, 02:36 AM) *
Partly why Im so against surgery. Its increasingly portrayed as an essential and sensible step if you dont have big boobs. Like getting braces if your teeth are wonky or contacts if youre shortsighted. People are becoming too blithe about it...

I totally agree. I actually am not against all cosmetic procedures. I've had a couple of veins on my face zapped b/c I was tired of every day slathering concealer on them. I also had a small mole removed b/c it was right under one of my nostril folds--people were always looking at it...occasionally some nice person would take me aside and tell me I had a snot on my face. It was not a snot, it was my lovely mole. laugh.gif I got tired of that and had it removed.

I don't know, maybe I am a hypocrite b/c all that said, I am against things like breast implants. I guess it's because with that sort of procedure there is so much more intangible stuff that goes along with it--all the stuff we discuss here. Plus, procedures like breast implants are such drastic procedures which introduce permanent foreign objects into the torso (which need daily maintenance), and all because, supposedly, "bigger is better." that, to me, is not enough reason to go through major surgery and contribute to society's f*cked up views about women.

Yes, DJ, the Brava Bra--that's what it was called! I had no idea there was actually scientific evidence supporting it. But yes, 10 hours a day? How do you explain that at work? laugh.gif

I, too, have forgotten my bra when attending karate class. I don't have much, but it hurt the way they were bouncing around. Made me glad they weren't any bigger, that's for sure! I am s-t-r-e-a-m-l-i-n-e-d!

Love you all!
dj-bizmonkey
i have a friend who works for a cosmetic surgeon and she always comes back to 'never say never.' i dunno, getting implants is a committment to surgery every ten years for the rest of your life. and it has serious health risks. risks that aren't the same as having a mole removed or a vein zapped. i always felt like if i got a waddle (you know, the flap of loose skin that hangs down from your chin/neck region) that i might have surgery, because there is no exercise you can do to get rid of that. i would never get implants though, i treasure the little softness that my breasts do have and i would hate to lose that and my sensitivity. it's just not worth it to me and i'd rather have some one love me for who i am.

"How can something become admired if its never seen."

starship, i think this is also a part of the problem with the obsession. breasts are NOT visible in the public sphere (in the US at least) you can't go topless, you don't see them in magazines or on tv and even nursing mother's are harassed and denigrated for bearing their breasts in public. i mean COME on people?! are we so puritanical that we can't tell the difference between when breasts are sexual and when they are serving their biological purpose?

anyway, i think if seeing breasts were more commonplace, if they weren't such a dirty little secret to be revealed only for the pleasure of men, then we wouldn't culturally be so obsessed with them.

also, starship, sorry to leave out your body type! i've always felt like a freak because i'm so bottom heavy, big thighs, big butt, little breasts.
starship
QUOTE(edie52 @ Mar 13 2008, 10:38 AM) *
Sharship, you're in the UK, right? I can see why you feel that way (maybe even more than the rest of us)- I recently flipped through a copy of British Glamour (or something like that), and the back of the mag was full of boob-job ads. And the women's breasts looked pretty nice, not gross and fake. And there were tag lines like "make this your best summer yet" and stuff about revealing your "true self." Shit, I was almost convinced. It's pretty sick.

lol that's so true! I have to admit I buy magazines quite often because its nice to have something light and non-academic to read for a change. But I now completely avoid the last 40 or so pages. Theyre mostly adverts for surgery in general but theres always a large picture of a woman thrusting her huge bosoms towards the camera. And yeah, they do all have ridiculous headlines like 'be gorgeous, be smart..' (wtf, since when are breasts associated in any way with my brain), 'be stunning' or 'make yourself amazing'. I just copied those from a magazine in front of me....I found it amusing that the only other advertisements were a few for 'big bras' and one offering legal advice against negligent surgeons.ha....

Im not against all cosmetic surgery either karategrrl. I think things that slightly alter what you have are fine. Like removing a mole or getting your ears pinned back perhaps. But breast enlargment doesnt just correct something you see as a flaw. small boobs arent a flaw. I think its more of a moral issue over breasts in particular rather than completely disagreeing with any kind of surgery
karategrrl
QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Mar 13 2008, 06:19 PM) *
i always felt like if i got a waddle (you know, the flap of loose skin that hangs down from your chin/neck region) that i might have surgery, because there is no exercise you can do to get rid of that.

I've thought about that too! With so many procedures, it's a matter of weighing what you lose/give/sacrifice with what exactly you get back. Yep, for me, implants would never happen--too risky, too drastic, contributes to a bigger societal issue.

However, I have to be brutally honest and say if there was some sort of safe, inexpensive, non-radical procedure or thing I could do to make my breasts bigger--not huge, just a B-cup, or larger A--I think I'd be hard-pressed not to do it. I'm not trying to be a stripper or sex bomb--I just don't like dealing with clothing not fitting right and having hubby not able to feel my nips through my (slightly padded) bras. But for now, I know the safest, cheapest (though some may say radical) thing to do is luuuuve myself as I am!
crinoline
I just don't like dealing with clothing not fitting right and having hubby not able to feel my nips through my (slightly padded) bras.

Haha, karategrrl, my boy HATES that! He says there's nothing worse than expecting perky nips and nice soft boob meat (his words) and encountering padded "boob armor" instead.

One of my biggest issues with breast augmentation is that it is so often billed as "reconstructive" surgery for those unfortunate women born without "adequate" breasts. The fact that it IS so dangerous, and such a lifetime commitment makes the fact that it is pressed on women like something "necessary" even worse. (and yes, I am aware that I sorely abuse quotation marks)
The fact is that unlike moles, or varicose veins, or scarring, etc., small breasts are NOT "flaws". (I've had to have several moles removed because they were "irregular")

On the cultural note, it's absolutely true that we are breast obsessed because they are taboo. To the point where breast feeding has been alienated and sexualized. Breast feeding! That's what they're for!!! I just... I'm completely baffled by this.
edie52
However, I have to be brutally honest and say if there was some sort of safe, inexpensive, non-radical procedure or thing I could do to make my breasts bigger--not huge, just a B-cup, or larger A--I think I'd be hard-pressed not to do it.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'd like to be able to have my choice of bathing suits and be able to wear all different kinds of tops and dresses (ones with boob holders). I must say I never wear padded bras though. I only own a few bras, and they're all the soft fabric, triangle type (training bras?). And a few underwire a-cups that only fit me in my "bigger days" and that I honestly never wear anyway. Now I'm used to being out there sans padding, or even sans bra, just teeny curves and nipples, so I always think people would really notice if they suddenly doubled in size. I don't think my bf would like it so much either. Although once I tried one on, a serious push-up bra at H&M, and I was like "wow, BOOBS!" Just mesmerized. But I didn't buy it for the reason I stated. Not that it's a big deal- I once noticed that a classmate of mine (and fellow IBTC member) was sportin' a nice rack. The bra must have been quite good, because it was seamless looking. She was wearing a thin, clingy, t-shirt, and she looked damn good. It was flattering. And I liked that she wore it so confidently, although she wears her unpadded look just as confidently.

Man, it's ridiculous how I notice such miniscule differences in size sometimes. In myself or others. I should analyze less.
dj-bizmonkey
my bf loathes padded bras. he always suggests that i set them on fire. if he reaches up my shirt and feels padding, his reaction is always, 'what the hell is this shite.' i only own one or two bras that i actually like and they are soft, but have underwire. i don't really need to the support of underwire, but i like the shape that it gives me. i want to work with what i've got.

i have to admit as well that i would kill to be a b-cup. i don't need to be a C, i actually like the fact that my breasts don't 'fold over,' or couldn't hold up a pencil. just a teeny-weeny bit bigger. that's why implants (other than health risk etc) are just too extreme for me to consider.

i LOVE what karategrrl said about loving yourself just way you are being radical and extreme! i have two middle fingers for all the status quo societal bullshit that tells me what to wear, how to act, what to look like. especially in the modern cultural climate of small breasts being 'abnormal' i say everyone woman who accepts hers and refuses to submit IS a revolutionary.

more power to my small-busted sistahs!!!
dj-bizmonkey
also wanted to say that there is an episode of penn and teller's bullshit on 'breast hysteria,' that my boyfriend sent me on youtube. i'd post the link, but since there is alot of bare breasts shown most of the video is blurred out. i kinda felt like a perv because i wanted to see all the breasts they were featuring so i downloaded it off i-tunes for $2. although teller gets on my nerves a bit, especially when he makes a comment about breastfeeding being sexual, the overall message is good. my favorite part is at the end where there are a bunch of women marching, protesting to be able to go topless. there is a small-breasted girl holding a sign right at the front that says 'small tits are good too!' i really liked that they included that.
knorl05
why ladies why.....? on my saturday am i stuck to the computer screen peeping out all the best threads on bust. geez.

just want to say one more time i agree wholeheartedly with what's been said. self acceptance is a rather unconventional and revolutionary concept, with plastic surgery almost becoming the norm. although i would suppose that's always been the case considering women have seemed to put themselves thru hell for the sake of trends/beauty thru the decades. i guess the masses consider that type of conformity, or rather that practice of heightening one's physical appearance, brings them certain advantages... power, status, etc. and it may very well be true for people who function on that level, but i figure as long as i remain true to my own ideals i'll attract (and encourage) people who view life the same way as myself. and that makes the fighting and the resistance so worth it. much more enduring and powerful experiences this way IMO. to be empowered, legitimately, instead of being a puppet fitting into the mold.

word. my favorite peeps are busties.
karategrrl
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Mar 15 2008, 07:47 PM) *
i guess the masses consider that type of conformity, or rather that practice of heightening one's physical appearance, brings them certain advantages... power, status, etc. and it may very well be true for people who function on that level, but i figure as long as i remain true to my own ideals i'll attract (and encourage) people who view life the same way as myself. and that makes the fighting and the resistance so worth it. much more enduring and powerful experiences this way IMO. to be empowered, legitimately, instead of being a puppet fitting into the mold.

Yes, oh yes. what it always comes downto for me is--WHO am I trying to please? If I got implants I'd be pleasing the brainless boys out there who drool over a false ideal of "woman" and the women who buy into that. Being the real me, I'm be pleasing myself, first of all, and people who are into honesty, integrity and what lies beneath. It's an easy choice.
ASC
First off, this is my 1st post but I lurk every once in a while when I feel particularly down about my breasts, so thank you for always helping to make me feel better!

I'm wondering if anyone knows if A cup nursing bras exist? The smallest I've been able to find are 32B's and 30C's. That doesn't really help me, since I'm a 30A (and I think I'm shrinking...). I've searched the internet multiple times and called Lula Lu's today, but I can't find anything in an A. I'm tired of wearing oversized, baggy bras that bunch up under my shirt in an obvious manner, no matter how much I try to smooth them (and that's with nursing pads in!). sad.gif

The good news is, I breastfed my 1st baby until he was 14 1/2 mos (he never had a drop of formula and didn't start ANY solids until he was almost 7 mos) and now I'm going strong with my 2nd baby, who is almost 5 mos! I'm sure there are people out there who assume small breasted women can't breastfeed successfully (hence the lack of A cup nursing bras?...), but I am proof that we most definitely can! biggrin.gif
starship
welcome ASC smile.gif. I dont know much about nursing bras, well, I know nothing at all really..but have you tried something like this that comes in s/m/l sizes rather than cups? I also found theseee but even they only start at a 34 :/. This is supposed to fit an Acup? Doesnt look particularly attractive though. Ah I dunno. Finding small bras is hard enough without them having to be nursing ones too! Good luck with your search (I think you'll need it)....

Are American bra sizes the same as UK sizes blink.gif
knorl05
yes welcome ASC, glad to have you delurk. wink.gif sorry you're having trouble finding bras. after you check out what starship found... there're also these... available in [size 34a] [size small/32a] [size small] [34a]

hope that helps? good luck!
karategrrl
Welcome, ASC!! So happy to have you aboard!!

Why in the world would anyone think small breasts cannot feed babies? Sheesh. Anyway, I, too, am glad you have de-lurked. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the things we talk about here. I'm glad the posts have made you feel better when you were down. Now your posts can do the same for others. wink.gif

Welcome!
ASC
Thank you ladies for the warm welcome and suggestions. I just placed an order for 3 bras from one of the links knorl05 posted. I actually started crying with relief when the order went through. huh.gif Hopefully by next week my bras will only be slightly ill-fitting instead of completely ill-fitting! LOL! My search for more nursing bras will continue, if anyone else has further suggestions. smile.gif
newo_ikkin
I've been in the mood for bra shopping lately and tomorrow morning I finally have time! I got this one from Target a while ago that fits me really well so I want a couple more of that brand... if I can remember the name of it.

I always look forward to bra shopping because they always have my size!! With pants, shirts, and shoes, it's like 50/50 because I usually want items that happen to be picked over, and only XS and XXL are left. But my 36As are always hanging there waiting for me. I must say it is a definite perk of being this size.

I think I had a good boob day today. They just looked... happy. =)
edie52
Yes! I'm having a good boob day too! They're my pms boobs. I've been wearing my a cup bras, which don't really fit any other time. Don't go away, pms boobs!
Vendetta
I wish I had pms boobs. Mine just stay the same all the time. Damn, i've been asking all lingerie stores for A cups. No, sorry, we only have B cups and above. Why?
dj-bizmonkey
Welcome ASC! i hope you will stick around in our little community and continue to post. just so you know, there is NO correlation between the size of the breast and the ability to nurse. anyone who says that has their head way up there ass and should consult a physician.

anywho, i've never had pms boobs, but then again, i don't think i've ovulated in a looooooong time (been on the pill since 16) and i haven't had my period in over two years (on the 365 pill now). vendetta, have you ever tried going to a specialty petite store? i know you said you are pretty small of frame and alot of times they will have nice lingerie. i would just do a google search or something for one in your area. i'm too big for any of their clothes, but take advantage of their bra's when i get the chance.

newo ikkin, i love your avatar! talk about a small-breasted hottie, i heart lena headey! some one else brought up the fact that the women in 300 were all smokin' and small-busted. and is there some cosmic connection between having small breasts and being in an LDR, i mean it's atleas the three of us (edie, newo ikkin) sorry if i'm forgetting anyone. i should be back in there one day. okay, never mind the derailment.
gogosgirl
sorry if this is a redundant question, but I did a cursory scan and didn't see it posted...my problem is that I'm athletic, and so, while my breasts are small, my back is broad. I cannot for the life of me find size 38a bras anywhere -- though I admit that when I type that combo, it looks like it must be a joke...any help?
dj-bizmonkey
here are some of my favorite websites, though admittedly some are expensive. i checked each of them for you, gogosgirl and they all carry multiple styles in a 38A. i've actually found that ordering online, even from hanes, or victoria's secret, it's alot easier to find the right size (if you've been fitted and you know what you are). i guess that's because they have a whole warehouse and not just a storeroom. vendetta, you might like some of these sites too:

http://www.knowknockers.co.uk/

http://www.aronsales.com/storefrontprofile...aspx?sfid=48267 this website has tons to choose from and they are very reasonably priced ($9.99 and up)

http://www.lulalu.com/

i hope that helps! there is also barenecessities.com, but they are sometimes hit or miss. good luck, hope you post in here again!

knorl05
i found lulalu.com to be a good site for ladies with small tatas. it's probably been mentioned in here before though..

i think i'm finally going to start going back to regular bras (sans liquid). i've just had a hell of a time with my boobage coverage through the years, going from lace underwire to extreme enhancement with the different phases in my life. these mounds of flesh have taught me much about myself and people and human nature and whatever else, so for that they are extremely valuable.

...oh more to say but running late for work.... bah.
edie52
Dj, starship as well! She's also in an LDR! I noticed that strange correlation as well. I guess our small boobs are worth holding onto?
starship
lol yeah me too. Im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad:/.
Knorl- Ive been wearing regular bras quite a bit recently. well underwired ones where the cups are kind of stiff(?) to give a nice shape. I dont think its even made that much difference. except maybe when im wearin a low neckline, then the more heavy duty stuff beckons...
I get slight pms boobs. Except i never usually notice until post-period where im like sad.gif whered my boobs go. Not drastic enough for other people to notice but makes me happy nonetheless
newo-ikkin- they usually do have my size left but thats only if the range isnt one that starts at a B or something. I love buying pretty bras but a lot of the time the ones i want havent even considered my size let alone got it in stock sad.gif
I went shopping yesterday and realised my boobs can pull off pretty much any top. Except those ones with the built in gaping boob gaps. Who needs cleavage
karategrrl
DJ, thanks for the links!! I suddenly feel the need to use my credit card! wink.gif I am a 36A, gogosgirl, so I do feel your pain. I used to be 34A but started working out like crazy and actually went up a band size.

On a funny note, I was in a clothing store a couple weeks ago and they were having a "bra fitting event"--free bra fittings. Ugghhh, no thanks! I know what size I am and knew they would have nothing in mysize once they fitted me--provided they even did it correctly at all! Harumph. I also did not want to deal with the possible look of shock on the saleswoman's face when I disrobed. I've seen that look before! wink.gif
karategrrl
Speaking of bra shopping, anyone seen any slighty padded workout tops? I'd love to find some of those.
dj-bizmonkey
i don't know about padded ones, but i've found alot of tank tops with built in bras that are stiffer, so they give you some shape without padding. i would think that padding might be kind of hot to work out in. i have a form-fitted tank that i got from express about 6 years ago. it's basically disentigrating, but i still wear to to work out or underneath t-shirts that ride up. i bet you could find something at american eagle, express, whatever. hell you could probably get some at target, but i don't know the name of site offhand. i really love the aronsales.com website because it is affordable and they have a wide selection. i actually like underwire for the lift and shape they give me, so i don't get that 'coney-boob' that one of my small busted bff's calls it.

didn't mean to leave you out, starship, it is a weird correlation, huh?! and YES, our small boobs are something worth holding on to, both figuratively and literally! i oscillate between being a 34 and a 36 band size and between being an A and AA. it's kind of annoying, but if i'm buying a new band i try on one of each.

ETA: ASC, i did see alot of maternity/nursing bras on the aronsales.com site, so you might want to check it out as well.
knorl05
QUOTE(suffering @ Jun 10 2006, 04:41 AM) *
Have you tried this site? http://www.aalingerie.com/

...previous post...
knorl05
f'in a, i sometimes feel like i derail this shit. but whatevs. here's the latest with me:
breakthru. my home boy and i were laying in bed last night and i was talking about feelings and whatnot. and he was like, does this have to do with us not having sex tonight? and i was like, no i'm speaking specifically of the dynamic between you and i. i'm to the age that i could really care less if you find me attractive or not.
and i really meant it. i think i'm attractive and i know there's at least one other person in the world who thinks i am as well.. so that's almost enough for me anymore. i feel, people are like works of art with this amazing energy within us. how we are attracted to one another has much more to do with overall chemistry than it does mere aesthetic value.
i think for me larger breasts have always symbolized confidence. if only i had larger breasts i could be more confident in myself. but large breasts do not guarantee confidence, power, or a higher level of attractiveness... it is on the individual to embody and evoke those qualities. if i continue thinking "if only" then i will never truly feel like i'm enough and that will transcend into other areas of my life as well, and will continue to make me feel unworthy. life is the way it is right now, how i am, who i am, if i cant extract confidence from within being this person i am now, then i may never really be able to. i dont want to live in the if only land, in a dream state, because that's not real living.
i'm attractive, i'm not. whatever. true confidence and ability cant be denied. that is what matters most to me.
that is all. thanks for reading my lovelies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.