Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions & Comments about the Magazine
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > The BUST Line
Pages: 1, 2, 3
realbadkitty
I am a 24 year-old from eastern Europe who has been living in the States for almost 6 years...

Anyway, I recently picked up BUST and really liked it...

Wondering - who does that magazine cater to (obviously to independent thinking women), but how about age-wise?

I'd like to think it caters to a wide variety of women? Your thoughts?
realbadkitty
I am a 24 year-old from eastern Europe who has been living in the States for almost 6 years...

Anyway, I recently picked up BUST and really liked it...

Wondering - who does that magazine cater to (obviously to independent thinking women), but how about age-wise?

I'd like to think it caters to a wide variety of women? Your thoughts?
areola
hi real bad kitty, Glad you like the mag, our age range is "officially" 18- 34, with a median age of 27, but we get letters from teens and grannies as well! our readers are 97% female, and they live all over the USA and Canada (with a few hundred overseas as well)
xo-BUST
realbadkitty
Thanks for your reply, Areola. Would you say that your mag caters to indie chicks primarily? Do you also target professional women?

Would you define your target audience as liberal women - I am no conservative, just wondering.

Thanks!
silvergelatin
I wish there were a few more bisexual and homosexual one-handed reads.

Wendy McClure is a genius.

I'm so happy that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are on the cover!

The end.
tiffany40217
I don't know if this is where this goes, but I am searching for an old article. It was last year some time and it was about how to make a Tap Light Lamp/Wall Art Piece. I was in love with it and am finally moving to a house where I can put one up. I have no idea what issue it was in, but I would love to buy that back issue!! Please help if you can. I am starting to become unhealthily obsessed with this project! Thanks!
tiffany40217
I don't know if this is where this goes, but I am searching for an old article. It was last year some time and it was about how to make a Tap Light Lamp/Wall Art Piece. I was in love with it and am finally moving to a house where I can put one up. I have no idea what issue it was in, but I would love to buy that back issue!! Please help if you can. I am starting to become unhealthily obsessed with this project! Thanks!
tiffany40217
Sorry for the double post, ISP is having serious issues.
midgemcgrath
i don't know if anyone actually reads this, but i just wanted to say for the record how utterly disheartened and disappointed i am that there is a cigarette ad on pg. 2 of the most recent issue.

i thought bust was better than that.
battygurl
I agree, midge. Everything about the newest issue was great, except that.
peacereverie
I payed for my subscription online a couple of weeks ago. I still haven't received my new issue. I know I changed my last name because I got married last year. Could that be why?

THe costumer service area is not working. How can I contact Bust to ask about my subscription?
areola
Peace, you need to send an email to Subscriptions@bust.com with your old name and address, (exactly how it was) and your new name, and if you moved, address too.
thanks for your patience. -laurie
hbic
Also, remember it's a bi-monthly mag. If you missed one cycle you'll have to wait until the next one, in two months. I had the same problem. Since it's bi-monthly it takes twice as long to get into the loop.
kittenbonanza
Argh! I want my magazine! I renewed my subscription before the last issue and got that one on time, but I still haven't gotten this issue! I called last week and they said they'd send me a copy, but I still felt the need to complain because I'm sure my boyfriend is tired of hearing me whine about it. :-)
fiercetastic777
What is the address to find the paint by numbers glasses case from the June/July Issue?
kombinikill
i am at the end of my tether! i subscribed to bust back and april for the current issue. the money was promptly processed but i never received that issue (with gretchen mol on the cover). a new issue came out and i never received that either. i emailed customer support, and they got back to me initially, to say they would look into it, but not a word since, nor any magazine. i have complained on two further instances about this, but have never even received a reply. i don't want my money back, i want my magazines! i want the courtesy of a return email. i am so upset by all this. i have been a loyal reader of bust, i've bought every magazine since i first clapped eyes on it years ago. i was finally in a financial situation to subscribe and thought that would be a supportive gesture for my favourite mag. this is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth. please help.
celina
claire,
send an email to me about your situation and we'll get it resovled. we are about to c hange fulfillment houses, as we too have been very dissappointed with the service that our customers have been receiving. I'm at debbie@bust.com. anone else can write to me with sub issues as well and i'll get it dealt with.
pollystyrene
Thank you Celina! I had some problems a few months ago and they were really rude and not helpful, unlike whoever as handling it before- they were very nice and I got results.
battygurl
That's good news, celina. I don't think anyone was happy with the current people.
LoungeLady
this is a test...this is only a test...
kombinikill
thanks celina,

i have just sent you off an email now!

claire
polka dot parties
I have a question about where you can buy copies of Bust in the Toronto area. I am always scouting for it and never find it. Could you inform me of any specific retailers?

Thanks so much!
dusty
Book City, definitely, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at the Indigo on Bay Street south of Bloor.

BTW, that wasn't you, was it, I saw at the outdoor art show with the Bust t-shirt and the Curry's bag?
thereshegoes
btw, when does the new issue come out? has anyone seen it? i feel like i've had the karen o one too long. . .
pollystyrene
I got my new issue earlier this week (like Monday or Tuesday)...so if you have asubscription you probably should have gotten it, and if you don't have one, it's probably on store shelves by now.
culturehandy
I was wondering the same thing aboutt he mag. I mean normally the main page at bust is updated to let us know whats in the mag for this issue, but nada. But it is reassuring to know that someone has recieved the new issue. I'll have to see if any of the stores here have it yet.
dusty
QUOTE(dusty @ Jul 18 2006, 05:17 PM) *

Book City, definitely, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at the Indigo on Bay Street south of Bloor.

BTW, that wasn't you, was it, I saw at the outdoor art show with the Bust t-shirt and the Curry's bag?

Other places to get Bust: Pages at Queen and John, and even Sam the Record Man on Yonge north of Dundas, although I can't believe that they can maintain that huge magazine section for too long.
citydog
QUOTE(midgemcgrath @ May 31 2006, 03:01 AM) *

i don't know if anyone actually reads this, but i just wanted to say for the record how utterly disheartened and disappointed i am that there is a cigarette ad on pg. 2 of the most recent issue. <BR> <BR>i thought bust was better than that.

Me too.

In fact, I *just* got an email looking for my subscription renewal, and I'm a little reluctant. Is this effin' ad the beginning of the end of the Bust I know and love?

This can't be the beginning of anything good. What'll we find in upcoming issues? Ads for Hummers, diet pills, BoTox, plastic surgeons specializing in vagina tightenings ("for your man's pleasure!") and labia reduction, Operation Rescue, and the Cheney '08 campaign? The books and music reviewed will be what and how the ad sponsors suggest?

I'm really disappointed, and really disheartened. It's a slippery slope, Bust.

Actually, I didn't notice the page 2 ad issue (the Karen O cover one?). I was writing regarding the Camel ad on page 42 of the fashion issue. Or is that the one to which you were referring?
pollystyrene
Yeah, I was disappointed by the Camel ad, too. I know money is money, but that's just evil. Couldn't they get more vibrator ads and encourage death by orgasm? Much more pleasant than emphysema, lung cancer, etc.
punkerplus
Does anyone know where I can buy Bust in the UK? I always check in Borders if I pass one and other big magazine places but I have had no luck.
mornington
Borders can be a bit slooooooow. But as far as I know, it's the only big place that stocks it.
punkerplus
What was I thinking. I should have just PM'd you. You have all the answers =)

I'm thinking it might only be in London I'd be able to get it because I've tried Oxford, York, and other Borders but no cheese.

Ah well, the search continues.
mornington
what can I say... except when I get to five hundred posts "gobby know it all" will be my new title.

If I adventure down tomorrow, I'll pm you if they have them in here.
punkerplus
*ponders how there should be a thumbs up smiley*
bunnyb
deleted cos wrong thread!
mermaidgirl13
I normally get my magazine before it's available on newsstands but I haven't received it yet!

Any ideas why that might be or who I can contact?
crazyoldcatlady
hey yeah, i just realized i haven't received my issue yet either! what to do??
midgemcgrath
QUOTE(polka dot parties @ Jul 18 2006, 07:53 PM) *

I have a question about where you can buy copies of Bust in the Toronto area. I am always scouting for it and never find it. Could you inform me of any specific retailers?

Thanks so much!

hey--

the only place i ever see bust in vancouver is at chapters, so you might want to check there!

ps. citydog--nope, it was the previous one, i haven't even cracked the new issue, but that sucks that there's another ad... bah.
snafooey
Can anyone tell me how much a page of adspace in Bust typically costs? Thanks!
luleey
totally drawing a blank here...what's the name of the woman who writes bust's auto repair column?? thanks a lot smile.gif
emilystrange
Our Auto Repair Lady's name is Lucille Treganowan, and she totally rules. Sadly, however, she has decided to take a break from her "Love Lucille" column for a while. If you're jonesin' for her though, you can check out her book! here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucilles-Car-Care-Ev...7711100?ie=UTF8
girlbomb
Oh my god, I just got my issue in the mail today, and the interview with Amy Poehler is the GREATEST THING EVER. Damn!
Petula
I still haven't received my August issue.
I've called called three times to try to solve the problem. The most recent phone call got me the assurance that it would arrive by today at the latest. Guess what - no magazine! At this point I really don't know what to do.
LoungeLady
petula, i'm sending you a PM. I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with our fulfillment house; in a few months, we'll have a new (better) one. thanks.
charliegirl
QUOTE(Petula @ Sep 6 2006, 05:56 PM) *

I still haven't received my August issue.
I've called called three times to try to solve the problem. The most recent phone call got me the assurance that it would arrive by today at the latest. Guess what - no magazine! At this point I really don't know what to do.

Mine is AWOL too.....i didn't receive gretchen moll, then no show on the fashion issue. my credit card was billed however! im depressed! i just want my magazine!
raisingirl
Miracle of miracles! I finally got the Bustline delivered to my Bust email address. It only took how many years? Thanks anyway for fixing the problem. Better late than never, as the cliche goes.
toastybean
when does the fall issue come out? i just subscribed in august and thought it would be here by now.
pollystyrene
I just got mine, with Amy Poehler on the cover on Monday, I think. Sometimes there's a 10-day or so difference between when some people get them, so I'd wait until late next week, maybe. Maybe someone from Bust can tell you when to expect your first issue, though.
iheartmykittysimon
Hi,

I'm an avid reader of both "Bust" and "Bitch." I seem to recall an old issue of one (I'm almost positive it was "Bust," and it would've possibly been a couple years ago) an article or editorial about the trend in pop culture of hip, "alternative" guys (such as characters in movies) still digging very bland and typical girl characters (rather than cool-chick counterparts). I'm in the midst of an involved email exchange about this phenomenon with a guyfriend, and I would love to be able to cite this article to him!
Can anyone confirm whether or not I am imagining this? And, if I'm not, how would I go about tracking down a copy of it?
Thanks so much!
beelzebabe_a_gogo
Hi. I am trying to hunt down an online archive of the One Handed Reads. Is there such a thing ? I'd like to find one that ran sometime back that took place on the subway. Thanks !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.