Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having Problems with our Web Site?
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > The BUST Line
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
ginger_kitty
I have had tons of trouble trying to post tonight. I keep getting page unavaible and error messages.
pollystyrene
Me too, like all weekend. Could be my connection, though- I don't trust the new wireless card in my laptop. But sometimes the whole lounge won't load and sometimes the lounge loads, but I can't get into any of the boards.
sybarite
Yep, what they said. Site was stalling for me all day yesterday. Maybe they're updating the software?
roseviolet
I, too, had tons of problems accessing the Lounge over the weekend.

And I've noticed that there's a problem with the ad for the Handmade Market that occasionally appears at the top of the page. If you click on the ad, you are not sent to the official site for the event (which can be found here). Just thought you'd like to know since Bust is a sponsor!
lucizoe
oh, yeah, me too. it's hit or miss lately.
culturehandy
I also had huge problems this weekend.
pepper
me too. glitchy, which is only good because i like that word. ha.
humanist77
When I finally decide I want a boob ring, I can't find them! It even says on the main boobtique page that they are in the Bust Booty section. Are they not available anymore?
beansalad
I made a post in ATWT in the lounge on monday night and it's vanished. I know it definitely went up ok because someone else commented on it. Does this happen often, and how come?
newredhead
I can't find the color legend for the paint-by-number eyeglass holder on the pdf file - only the actual image. Help would be greatly appreciated!
sybarite
I have been having repeated problems accessing the lounge, from different computers, since the middle of last week. Is there a reason for this and is it likely to continue?
margot
Until today, I had 2/3 days where I couldn't get the Bust website up. -Just a grey bubble saying site unavailable.
I missed it!
kittenb
All of the archives in Survivor's Space have dissapeared. Please help or at least explain how it happened. Thanks.
lucizoe
*de-flounce, for I am weak*

Um, yeah. Why delete archives from active and interesting threads, yet leave the craptastic ones?

*re-flounce*
iusedtobelunasol
I was unable to log in with my username and password. Why?

On the other hand, I'm lovin the new interface!
demolition_queen
I used to be Bustygirl, and I can't log in. What do I do?
yuefie
Hey BustyGirl and Lunasol, try putting your user name in to the password recovery. That worked for me when I had trouble logging in.

I love the new digs, woohoo! It's a bit more complicated but I am sure once we all get used to it, the ignore feature alone will be worth it.

sillygrrl13
OK, first I had to change my password to get in, as my former one wasn't working. blink.gif

Now, I find the information in my profile (re.# of posts, current time,etc.) is ALL wrong.
mad.gif
How do I change that stuff?
yuefie
I don't think you can change the number of posts, I'm pretty sure that is controlled by the board administrators. But if you go in to My Controls at the top, and then click on board settings you can change it the correct time.
lunasol
woo! i'm back! yay.
formerlyGodslioness
Ach! I'm not... I tried the password retrieval, but it didn't work...
LoungeLady
gods,your username totally exists. but the email your password is being sent to is a gmail acct that begins with the letter j. did you check that account?
quantumspice
QUOTE(sillygrrl13 @ Jul 11 2006, 11:42 AM) *

OK, first I had to change my password to get in, as my former one wasn't working. blink.gif

Now, I find the information in my profile (re.# of posts, current time,etc.) is ALL wrong.
mad.gif
How do I change that stuff?

You can't change the number of posts, but things like current time can be changed in the My Controls area.

To [change your avatar (the image near my name), your signature, or profile information (location, birthday, website, IM messangers), scroll down to "Profile Information" and pick the appropriate link. (In this case, I've linked the individual pages for you).

To change the board settings (local time, how many posts per page in a topic, how many topics per page in a forum, whether or not you want to view images or signatures or avatars, what kind of editor you want - "word" like with the rich text, or what you see with the standard, whether or not you want the fast reply automatically open, whether or not you want to let people PM you), your email settings (whether or not to hide your email address, things dealing with how the board sends emails, or your email address, or your password, scroll down to where it says "Options" and pick the appropriate link. You can also add or remove people from your ignored users list in that area too.
mandolyn
LOVE the birthday feature. (if you include your birthday in your profile, it will appear on the calendar).

HATE that you must include your birth year. dry.gif
quantumspice
It doesn't need to be your real birth year, you can be perpetually 30 if you want wink.gif
sillygrrl13
First of all, thank you Yuefie & QuantamSpice for your help!

I tried to fix the incorrect time & it improved, but is still an hour off...& I do know what time zone I'm in. LOL..

Now, I'm TRYING to put in a picture for my avatar & THAT'S not working. First, I clicked "change personal photo," & it says "Sorry, the board admin. has not enabled permission for this part of the control panel."
Then, I clicked "edit avatar settings," then "upload new image from your computer,"then "browse," then went to "my pictures", clicked the one to use," & submitted. It came up "upload failed contact staff member to remedy. WTF? I realize I am pathetically lacking in tech skills, but I just can't guess what I'm doing wrong here! I SO want you to see my bulldog's picture when I post...dang...
plain jane
So I used to be ginger kitty but can't log in. I am so not psyched right now about the new site. Maybe it will grow on me. It seems confusing and busy.
yuefie
I read elsewhere on the board that there is some kind of issue with the avatars that is going to be rectified soon. I used photobucket and was able to upload mine.
mandolyn
QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 01:48 PM) *

It doesn't need to be your real birth year, you can be perpetually 30 if you want wink.gif

lol! - mandi
sidecar
OK, love the new boards--LOVE IT! I just have one eensy complaint. When I was looking at the base gallery for avatars, I found a three-year-old picture of myself. I'm guessing you just put up anything on your image servers, but I wanted to let you all know about that.
quantumspice
QUOTE(sillygrrl13 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:01 PM) *

First of all, thank you Yuefie & QuantamSpice for your help!

I tried to fix the incorrect time & it improved, but is still an hour off...& I do know what time zone I'm in. LOL..

Is "Auto correct DST" checked? If not, check it. If so, uncheck it. smile.gif

QUOTE(sillygrrl13 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:01 PM) *

Now, I'm TRYING to put in a picture for my avatar & THAT'S not working. First, I clicked "change personal photo," & it says "Sorry, the board admin. has not enabled permission for this part of the control panel."
Then, I clicked "edit avatar settings," then "upload new image from your computer,"then "browse," then went to "my pictures", clicked the one to use," & submitted. It came up "upload failed contact staff member to remedy. WTF? I realize I am pathetically lacking in tech skills, but I just can't guess what I'm doing wrong here! I SO want you to see my bulldog's picture when I post...dang...

If you have it uploaded elsewhere (livejournal, photobucket, that kind of hting), you can use the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" to host it. It doesn't look as though they've got uploading avatars enacted yet.

QUOTE(sidecar @ Jul 11 2006, 02:44 PM) *

OK, love the new boards--LOVE IT! I just have one eensy complaint. When I was looking at the base gallery for avatars, I found a three-year-old picture of myself. I'm guessing you just put up anything on your image servers, but I wanted to let you all know about that.

I believe they uploaded all of the old user images from the old software. I know that *my* old userpic is in there, anyway. That's probably where it came from.
sonikkk
hmmm....i have to get used to the new lounge too.
I couldn't log in with my old screenname...and i chose a new name and stupidly enough logged in with my old password. I have no idea how to get my old username back. I really shouldn't care, but i don't like the avatar and advanced member stuff. Especially as i am a perpetual newbie since i can never log in with my old username after a lounge-change. Bleh.

The edit features don't work either.
sidecar
QUOTE(quantumspice @ Jul 11 2006, 06:50 PM) *

I believe they uploaded all of the old user images from the old software. I know that *my* old userpic is in there, anyway. That's probably where it came from.

Yeah, mine was just something in Say Cheese, not my user image, which is why I thought it was weird. My old userpic didn't make it. Which is fine because it was lame.
ginger_kitty
Does anybody know how I can delete the new profile I started when I was struggling to log in under my old username?
doodlebug
I had to change my password to get my old user name, too.

Now here is a weird thing. I just posted it in the Community Forum:

For some reason, if I need to post twice in a row (thinking, of course, that I can't edit until that feature is fixed), when I click either "fast reply" or "new reply," it seems to add my post to my previous post!! But I still can't edit that particular post.
indiechick
@doodlebug: they are still working on the "edit" function. and the other stuff happens to avoid double posts. this way, your second post will just add itself to your original post.
formerlyGodslioness
QUOTE(LoungeLady @ Jul 11 2006, 07:41 PM) *

gods,your username totally exists. but the email your password is being sent to is a gmail acct that begins with the letter j. did you check that account?

Aha! You are far more of a genius than me! Now I just have to remember the password for it.... Thank you!
voodoo_princess
I went in to "MY CONTROLS" today to look through the avatars again and was wondering where did all the avatars go? The one I chose yesterday was one of very very many that are no longer an option, that I can find anyway......
Did the avatars options change?

QUOTE(voodoo_princess @ Jul 13 2006, 07:06 PM) *

I went in to "MY CONTROLS" today to look through the avatars again and was wondering where did all the avatars go? The one I chose yesterday was one of very very many that are no longer an option, that I can find anyway......
Did the avatars options change?

Oh.... nevermind..... I think I just figured it out...... duh!
sonik
I tried the password retrieving and everything's a-ok now. Just thouht i'd post it.

Thanks!!
zoya
I apoloigise if this has been asked already, but I didn't see it anywhere when I looked..

is there anywhere to set the board NOT to show when I've been logged in? I like being on my bulletin boards anonymously (just personal preference) and I notice that it shows at the bottom of the topics who's been on in the last 15 minutes, etc.

Also, is there any setting that will automatically log me out when I close my browser? I didn't see that anywhere either as I navagate around here. I'd love that, I forget all the time to log out and I don't really want to be perpetually logged in.

I love the new lounge so far though!
lollaleeloo
Is there an option to have the post ordered in ascending order? I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to be reading threads from the ground up on the new boards, but that sounds kinda peevish so maybe I'll drop it. The board is gorgeous, btw.

But if there is a way to flip the posting order, please let me know. smile.gif

Love you guys. *mwah*
auralpoison
Loving the new Lounge! However, I can't seem to get the correct time for my time zone. Mountain time is an hour off. I have to set it for another time zone for it to be correct. It's no big thing, but my OCD demanded that I say something.
snafooey
It's an hour off for me too (I clicked "Eastern Standard Time" as my preference) - I'm writing this post at 5:52PM.
quantumspice
Do you have "Auto correct DST?" checked? I do, and with "Eastern Standard" selected [eta: and being in Ohio, that is the correct time zone], I've got the correct time.
snafooey
Yeah, I've got it on auto-correct (as far as I know) - not sure why it's not working.
quantumspice
have you tried unchecking it, if it's checked?

otherwise, i'd just manually change the time zone so it's the right time and not worry that it's the wrong time zone.
vesicapisces
I know you don't ban users, and that it's useless to try (unless there's some way to block him with the new software?), but that RATFUCK who's posting bloody fetus pictures over in Teen Spirit should be killed off, y'know?
pollystyrene
Or can we at least delete the thread?

ETA: THANK YOU!!
tyger
maybe i saw things wrong, but i think i saw an unregistered user post. that just doesn't sit right with me. it opens another door for crap we don't need on here.
other than that, i'm adjusting to/loving the new lounge. yay! for ignore. yay! for new software
sybarite
I'm finding that it's taking a while for my posts to go through, even though I've got broadband and my PC is usually pretty fast. When my (lengthier) posts do go through, sometimes they are incomplete.

Otherwise well done on a comprehensive revamp!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.