Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having Problems with our Web Site?
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > The BUST Line
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
vesicapisces
QUOTE(tyger @ Jul 17 2006, 01:57 AM) *

maybe i saw things wrong, but i think i saw an unregistered user post.

You didn't see things wrong, I've noted several of those myself. What's the deal with that?
pixiedust
Do you guys mean postings by guests, or the posting where it has a name and unregistered beside it? I've noticed a couple of those...It appears to be people who have not made it over from the old lounge. If they are actually anonymous guests posts, please point me in their direction, I wanna check it out.
pollystyrene
I saw one in the past couple days, under yuefie's name, but then it said "unregistered"...huh? An imposter? Or did she not log in correctly?
pollystyrene
Can we delete the spam thread in Ladies Who Lounge? Isn't there a email verification or something when you create a new account? I can't believe some software doofus would go to all that trouble to put up his thread if there was.
ms.gb
i don't have permission, it seems, to change my profile photo....hmm??? a little help here when you have a moment.
bustygirl
Weird. I was just coming here to ask about that.
vesicapisces
This isn't anything earth-shattering, but I was nosing around in the "Let's Go Girl" listings and the ones for my city are hideously out of date. Is there a "sell-by" date on these? I'm talking stores that have been out of business for years, coffeehouses that don't exist any more, clubs that bit the dust in the 1990's... OK, maybe that last one is a little exaggerated (just a little.) But it would probably be good if anything older than about 2 years could be purged.
tesao
out of curiousity, has anyone else noticed that there is a user called Google.com listed at the bottom of the screen which lists # of registered user, guests, etc???

anyone (*looks askance at Q*) know WHY Google.com is still keeping tabs on us? or is it something less insidious?
pixiedust
Tes, I'm just a layman, but my guess is that someoen used google for subject and came up with a link to here. I checked the first day and our profiles are not searchable by google, but I would imagine the subjects still are. What I don't get is why it says google and not just guest like anyone else who is not a registered member.
pepper
hey, sometimes when i use the 'mark all as read' function it doesn't mark all as read. just thought i'd report it as a glitch, if it is.
bunnyb
Is anyone else finding that the lounge is running really slowly today?

I only found the mark as read option today and it was completely by chance.

Pixie's assessment of google as user seems really plausible to me; sometimes it appears as user and sometimes not.
LoungeLady
If you aren't getting an email when you are trying to retrieve your password or reset your password, please be sure to check your spam box. sometimes emails with "bust.com" end up there. That's been the solution for other folks on this board.
obelix
I don't have permission to edit my photo either.

Incidentally, I want to edit it because I want it gone. I HATE the new lounge, and want nothing to do with it. I'm sure it's been said over and over by people before, but why in the world did you change it? Now we have annoying avatars, annoying quotes, annoying smiley faces.

I came to the lounge to TALK. Not look at pictures. Bleh.
pollystyrene
You're sure you're going to "Edit Avatar Settings" and not "Change Personal Photo", right? I was going to "Change Personal Photo" and that's when I got the permission thing, too.

pepper
obelix, i agree with all the annoying stuff. i'm not thrilled with any of the changes either, except for the 'ignore user' function. but i'd miss all these girls too much to stay away.

and please, someone tell me what the Heck is with the green clip board thingy all of a sudden? where is the damn legend for these strange symbols already?! are we just supposed to guess? why can't they just stay martinis? everytime i look at a thread it changes to a stupid clip board, argh! i hate all the flipping pictures already. i'm a grown up, i am so not into a cartoony forum.
LoungeLady
Hey obelix:
if you don't want to see avtars and sig files, just change the settings in your profile to keep them from showing up. that's it.
bunnyb
hey busties, could someone tell me how you do the pink lovey dovey smiley please and how to format links now and write in smaller text please?
punkerplus
If you go to the 'more options' button below the fast reply box, it takes you to a page where there is a button while will format the links for you. From that you can see how you can do it yourself without having to go through all that (notice that I'm too lazy to have remembered how to do this).

There is also the write in different sized texts option in that bit.

And I don't know about the lovey smiley - sorry.
bunnyb
D'oh, even on the new post option I hadn't noticed the drop-down link for size!!! lives in dreamland. Thanks for the formatting info too punkerplus, I'll need to try that too!

Also found: wub.gif !
tesao
pepper: the clip board thingee means that you have made a POST in that thread. if it is dull/pale then there have been no responses after you made your post. if it is a brighter color, someone else has posted since you have. i don't know where the legend for this is. i had to ask, too.

i don't really care about any of the new features except the fact that i now no longer have to deal with trolls. IGNORE rocks.
pepper
i get that part tes but i can see some GREEN clipboards now. what the hell is that?
snafooey
What does "pinned" mean again?

Thanks for the explanation, Tes - I was wondering about that myself.
punkerplus
It means thats a thread which is so godly and important, it will always stay near the top and never die. Much like the community forum, because it is godly and important.

pepper, I've been wondering about that too but have no answers.
pollystyrene
Green clipboards? I've never seen those. Maybe it's something weird with your browser?
snafooey
Thanks, Punkerplus. Everytime I see it, I think of a girl from the Fifties getting pinned by her boyfriend.
pepper
it's not my browser. the clipboards are green. why isn't there a LEGEND for these things already?
tesao

okay, pepper, now *I* have a green clipboard! i have no idea what it means! veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery curious. i'm sure it means something. i've been trying to figure out if it has to do with how long it has been since you have posted in that thread, or how long it has been since ANYONE has posted in that thread, but i don't think it is either of those.

what is frustrating is that there IS a legend for all of the other things, just not the clipboards, pink OR green!
tesao
i think i've GOT IT!! a green clipboard means that it is COLD thread that you have posted in....and that no one has posted since you have last!!! not sure at what point it goes from pale pink to green, but it must be a time\/#of days thing.
punkerplus
tes should be pinned. Because she is godly and important and brings us answers wub.gif
tesao
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

*blush*

so, does that algorithm hold true for all of YOUR green clipboards, punker???
punkerplus
It does actually, but I wonder when it changes from green to pink, because there are some threads a few days old which nobody has posted in since me but are still pink.

LoungeLa...I say, LoungeLady, can you stop our pondering and let us in on the big secret please?
bustygirl
How do you format links and change your photo?
pollystyrene
Sorry for doubting you green-clipboard-seeing ladies! I finally saw one and I think you're half-right, tes. What happened was, I posted in the food allergy thread then exited out of OBOH back to the main page. Then I remembered there was another thread in OBOH that I wanted to look at and went right back in. The food allergy thread had a green clipboard, so I think that not only had no one posted in it since I did, but no one had viewed it either! I think there's usually a fair number of people on here and threads get viewed so quickly after you post that the green clipboard happens so rarely.
bunnyb
bustygirl, I think change photo is is edit profile?

as for formatting links: if you go into new reply as opposed to quick reply then below the box of smileys you will see BB CODE HELP - click on that and scroll down to links. Its url=web address in square brackets followed by link name i.e. click here then /url in square brackets to close. With a lot of tampering I figured it out tonight!
pollystyrene
You can also do it with "Quick Reply" if you click on "More Options" and click the little icon that looks like the earth with a chain link in front of it- a window will pop up and you enter the entire URL ("http://..." and all), say OK, then another window pops up and asks what text you want to use to replace the URL. Say OK and it's there in your post.
bunnyb
wow, that sounds much easier!
humanist77
OMG PLEASE do something about the fucking spam threads in Working Grrls. They will not stop until something is done about it-they aren't real people, they are automated systems.
humanist77
Thank you!
snafooey
There seems to be another "hitting a guy in the groin poll" over in the F-word - can it please be deleted? Thank you.
raisingirl
Several of us have mentioned this in Kvetch Up, that we have signed up repeatedly for the BUSTline, some of us using different email addresses, and some of us have never once received it in our in-boxes! What's going on with subscribing to the BUSTline?
snafooey
I just figured they stopped sending it - I used to get it too, but I haven't in a long time.
raisingirl
Fina and Sidecar are still getting it. I don't like this feeling of being snubbed by the BUSTline.
tesao
any chance at all that the Bustline is being routed to your spam folders? it is truly BIZARRE what winds up in mine! might be worth a check once in a while...
raisingirl
I know it's not going to my spam folder because all the spam at my Bust account ends up in my in-box. Grr!
battygurl
I still get the Bustline at my hotmail account.
roseviolet
Like Raisin, I signed up to have the Bustline sent to my Bust account. And I've actually tried to sign up for it a few times since I've never recieved it. And yes, I've checked the junk mail folder each time. But I have never ever recieved the Bustline. Could the problem be the Bust e-mail system?
anoushh
I have the same problem. Weirdly, I used to get it at my UK email address, and suddenly it stopped. I checked the junk mail folder/filter as well, and not there.
Now at my US address I still can't get it.

Very strange.

And disappointing.
roseviolet
Yes. Very disappointing indeed.

I'm having problems changing my avatar. I've tried changing it, but every time it reverts back to this same image. Even if I delete the current avatar first and then try to add a completely different avatar, it will revert back to this same photo. And yes, the image I want to use meets all of the requirements. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong & how I can overcome this problem?
indiechick
@roseviolet: try to empty the cache folder of your internet explorer or mozilla. sometimes it keeps showing you the old picture although all others will see the new one. i don't know why it happens but it does. emptying the cache folder usually works.
datagirl
Hi Guys,

Just wondering whatever happened to the self harm thread?It used to be in 'Our Bodies Our Hells' but since the up grade it's gone AWOL.Don't get me wrong I love the new Bust Lounge,but I just want to revive this really helpful thread and I want to avoid starting a new one and thus crowding the site.
Thanx
Datagirl. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.