Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Television: The Drug of the Nation(s)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
mandolyn
anyone watching nurse jackie? oh my freakin' god, that show should be an hour instead of a half hour! if my love edie was looking for a way to ditch carmela forever, she's found it.

oh, and the pharmacist she's fooling around with at work is the guy who played father phil!!!!

i liked this season's in treatment. except for mia. and walter. and oliver's parents. and april. i just wanted to smack them all. ok, i guess i liked this season solely for my boyfriend, gabriel byrne and my girlfriend dianne wiest (who's looking fab & svelte, btw).

rescue me is exquisite, as usual. even with the weirdass maggie & uncle teddy at the vet's home storyline.

and so far so good with true blood. they'd better not kill off Lafayette!

bad enough i got hooked on the housewives of NY. and, um, er, sort of wound up actually liking them.
now i'm hooked on the housewives of NJ. at least i still think they're frightful dumbasses.
i'm so ashamed.

the tudors REALLY REALLY sucked without anne.

that is all.
stargazer
Is anyone going to watch the new HBO show, hung? I might check the show out.
foryoursplendor
Has anyone else been into Metalocalypse? I'm obsessed, loving Adult Swim right now.
kari
I am going to check out Hung too, stargazer. I watched about 1/3 of the first episode last night, but I taped it.
lunia666
I watched Hung last night. I enjoyed it and will keep watching but I thought the first ep was missing something (not sure what).

Does anybody on here watch True Blood? Am loving the 2nd season I really had to let go of the fact there not going to follow the books step by step and enjoy the show as it is. Am kind bored with Bill damn't HBO I want hot Eric action wink.gif .

auralpoison
Lunia, honey, do you look around at all? I know you usually post from work, but jeezly crow. Oblivious, much? You started the True Blood thread, you got the business for it since it was yet another thread you'd started without vetting, it died, & it, like a vampire, has been reborn. It's like, the fifth thread down or something.

That being said, I did kind of like Hung, & I agree it's missing somthing: cock. We got him naked, but we saw no ginormous unit? How many pairs of tits did they show on TB last night & not a single penis shot on Hung?

ETA: Is it just me or did the actor playing the son on Hung looks like a young, blonde Jemaine from FoC?
kittenb
I know that there are fans of the Real Housewives... shows and the like but everytime I see an ad on Bravo for NYC Prep or Miami Heat I think longingly of the days that every Bravo show didn't seem to centered around horrible people. sad.gif
sassygrrl
I feel the same way. I miss some of the older shows when Bravo had just premiered. I'm just sick of the really shitty reality shows (besides Top Chef and Project Runway). I figure the NYC Prep is similar to Gossip Girl.
kari
Hmmm, aural you're right. Lots of female nudity but no mens.

We finally finished the Breaking Bad season last night. I thought this season was so good! Not sure how I feel about the season finale though. I know I'm late watching, I think you guys had a convo about it a while back, I'm gonna go look.
Divala
FYS, I've watched Metalocalypse from the very first episode. It's one of my favorite cartoons. Which one is your favorite character? I go between Pickles and Toki.
foryoursplendor
Hey Divala!

I go between Toki and Muder Face for favorites. I laughed uncontrollably and had to rewind a few times when Dr. Rockzo shoved his hands under Murder Face's ass while he was asleep. Toki and Skwisgaar's butchery of English is also terribly endearing.

I can't wait for the third season, 30 minute episodes! Yay!

Divala
Seriously, 30 minute episodes? Woot! I've always hated how they seemed to wrap the story up just when it was getting good. Have you heard the Dethalbum yet? They do the full length Dunkin Hills Coffee death metal jingle, which is so awesome. You should check out the season 1 & 2 DVDs if you haven't yet. They've got some really good extras on them. Some of them suck, too, but some are very much worth it. My favorite episode is still the one where Murderface gets religious and Toki goes into the Church of Satan and curses that he wishes Rachel Ray's eyes would fall out and tits fall off. Hilarious!
vibrator
HBO has many great shows, hung is starting out pretty good. True blood is good most times. Too many good shows to mention like the wire, oz, etc.
girltrouble
hey, vibe, take a second to introduce yourself in the newbee thread here. just so we can get to know you.
auralpoison
I am ashamed to admit it, but I caught the promo for the next season of the RHoA. It's pretty standard until the last few seconds wherein Sheree does something I think we all wanted to do last season: She grabs herself a handful of kept blonde Kim's attrocious weave. Seriously. If her "Big Poppa" was so mega-rich, why did she have the cheapest weave in the world?
designermedusa
I'm totally going to watch RHoA this season, I watched some of a marathon last year, and it is so bitchy. I laughed at the preview of Kim getting her weave pulled on. smile.gif

I'm also watching Gimme Sugar on Logo.

I'm going to watch Miami Social, it starts tonight on Bravo. I know it's trash tv, but sometimes I like that.

I just watched the first two episodes of Hung, and I like it so far.
stargazer
oh.my.gawd. must watch RHoA just for the pull of a hair weave. Kim's locks were awful in the first season.
missladyj
I watched Dance YOur ASs off last night and was alternately horrified and fascinated.
auralpoison
HBO is supposedly developing Eugenides' Middlesex into a one hour series.
roseviolet
Not sure how I feel about the Middlesex show. HBO can usually be trusted, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kim on RHoA is so atrocious! I hate her and her McMansion-y townhouse and her terrible voice and her married boyfriend. But that shit she pulled on the reunion show was the icing on the cake. Cancer? That you never had? Please. Stop trying to manipulate people, asshole. You're too old for that childish shit.

Can you tell that show makes me cranky? I try to avoid it, but I'll probably tune in for the weave-pulling.
missladyj
I w atched the RHOA for the first time and was disgusted by all of those women. Truly disgusted! I agree that Kim is the grossest and has alot of nerve yelling at others about how they have no class when she is without it herself.

Did anyone see more to love? WTF? more sadness. I kept saying that the women who said that this was their only chance at love need to date a Brother.
auralpoison
All I wanna see on RHoA is the weave pulling. That's it. I don't need to see Nene & the new Nene II acting all ghetto. I want to see Sheree snatch that Kim bitch bald after her whole "I had cancer, no I really didn't" shit. That was sooooo bogus & just a dick move on her part. Snatch her bald, I say!

Will someone, ANYONE please take Eric Schaeffer out of my fucking misery?! Please! I cannot fucking stand this guy, but they keep giving him tv shows!
kittenb
Never heard of him before in my life but that article was hilarious!
girltrouble
aural, you know you and i share a mutual loathing of that stunted growth of human cells known as eric schaeffer, if you can figure out a way to make him stand on the "X" i can supply the grand piano, safe or anvil of your choice.
stargazer
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 30 2009, 01:36 PM) *
Will someone, ANYONE please take Eric Schaeffer out of my fucking misery?! Please! I cannot fucking stand this guy, but they keep giving him tv shows!

Ugh. He has that stupid f%$ckin' show on the Showtime channel about being single. I couldn't watch 5 minutes of it.

I'm lookin' forward to another season of RHoNYC. That shit is catty Dynasty style.
sassygrrl
I agree about Eric.

I saw More to Love, and was really sad by it. The dude on it is so cheesy!

The only reason I watched RHoA the first time was to see where it was in reference to Atlanta. Mostly buckhead though. I see enough of those bitches at Phipps Plaza (the mall that only the rich Buckhead Bitches can shop at). Yet, the weave pulling can be fun.
mandolyn
i've tried a few episodes of tRHoA, but i just can't get into it. there's nothing appealing about ANY of them, even for the absurdity. the NY housewives, i love. and NJ i tolerate because they're all so frightfully stupid (except for carolyn) & i like to pretend they're the dumbed down version of the sopranos. hee.

i wonder if the weave-pulling is on youtube?

i also couldn't get into hung. i don't like the lead guy. or the kids. or anne heche. i didn't find it well-written, either.

i'm sort of over maryann storyline on true blood. even tho i've had a crush on Michelle Forbes since her ensign ro laren days. and even tho i like all the hot monkey sex.

i'm depressed that deadliest catch is over for the season.
i know, i know. i have no life.
kittenb
I've just started Netfixing True Blood so I didn't realize that she was on it now. I'll beat you Mandolyn. I've loved her since her Sunny/Solita days on Guiding Light. biggrin.gif
designermedusa
mando, I'm a little over the Maryann storyline as well. Also funny how I couldn't stand Jason last year, and now with the Fellowship of the Sun I'm really liking his character. Same thing with Eric, couldn't stand him last season, but he is somewhat appealing this season.

I watched three episodes of Hung, but then I came to the conclusion that it isn't very funny.

I watched Real Housewives of Atlanta season premiere. I know hardly anyone likes it, but the fight Sheree had with her party planner is possibly the best fight ever in reality tv. The weave pulling sadly did not happen in the first episode.
Divala
Does anyone else find Guiliana and Bill Rancic as vile as me? Every time I see the banner ads for their dumbass show, I want to poke Guiliana's eyes out. Don't they have enough money, and does anyone really think they're interesting enough to have their own damn show? Bill's only claim to fame is that he was the first Apprentice and she's a really crappy red carpet interviewed, while also being a bobbleheaded human. Who cares about their stupid little marriage?

I think I'm going to email Style network about this right now, I'm so pissed off.
girltrouble
ooooo i loathe guiliana rancid. i can't stand her. i have no idea who he is but she pisses me off to no end.
kari
Ditto your thoughts on Bill & Guiliana. What could possibly be so interesting about their lives that we need to see it on TV? I wish reality tv would just disappear. Everyone thinks they need a show these days.
girltrouble
on the upside, thanks to the reality show curse, this means their marriage will end up in shambles.
epinephrine
Has anyone been following that new show, More to Love? Every time I see ads for this show I just want to fucking smash something. For those lucky enough not to have seen it, it's a new version of the Bachelor for "real" (i.e. fat) women. The trailers all show these beautiful plus-sized women talking about how they deserve to find love, too. And clearly, they can't do it in the real world, or even on a "normal" reality TV show. Nope, fat girls must be segregated to a show of their own. And they can only find love with another fat person. And, as the main gimmick of the show, weight is given precedence over all the other personal attributes of these women. They're fat first - everything else comes second. And this is all being pitched as very progressive and feminist and inclusive, while it's quite blatantly stigmatizing their weight even more. Ugh. It makes me fucking sick every time I see it. And I'm sure people are being fooled and everyone will think that sizism is a thing of the past and fat people aren't allowed to feel stigmatized anymore.

On the other hand, I've been faithfully following this season of So You Think You Can Dance, and was really pleased with the finale tonight. The more I watch the show, the more I love it. I'm really looking forward to the new season coming up in the fall. In the meantime, I'll be watching the new season of America's Best Dance Crew starting this weekend!

I'm also currently burning my way through the L-word, which I really hated the first time I tried to watch it. My aunts, like good lesbians, have the whole series on DVD, so I gave it another chance. It's no Six Feet Under, which is pretty much the gold standard for TV dramas for me, but it's really engaging and entertaining, and they do have some interesting ideas. I think it blows Queer as Folk out of the water. But I may have to try that one again - too. I followed it for a few years and eventually just couldn't handle the ridiculously contrived characters and storylines, but I'm sure L-word is just as bad.

I'm also looking forward to starting Degrassi Junior High, which I found at the library today! I was a little young for it when it was first on TV, but I've caught a few episodes here and there and was caught up on one hand by how ridiculously corny and dated it was and, on the other hand, by how gutsy and honest it was in addressing difficult and controversial issues, especially in a show aimed at teens. So funny, and yet so impressive.
auralpoison
The L Word after a certain point just got so ridiculous, so contrived & nutso that it's nearly unbearable except for the fashion & the music.

The original Degrassi is the SHIT! Both my mom & I were always up by eleven on Sunday mornings to get our PBS Degrassi fix. Aaron Spelling tried to rip it off with 90210 & failed miserably.
girltrouble
i almost got hooked on queer-ass-folk, when mr t went on a tear, but i could only take so much. it's like yeah, we don't need them to stereotype us, we can do it ourselves! i got about 4 eps into the l word. i think it was just after the end of 6ft, when the only other thing that even came close was rescue me.

i never got the degrassi. i was more into popular. but i'm weird like that.

btw, aural-- love the new avi
auralpoison
I'm talking the REAL Degrassi, GT. The Degrassi that ran from 87-91 (Popular didn't hit until what, 1999?), not DtNG. DtNG is/was fucking lame compared to the original. The only cool thing it did was bring back some of the old actors in as adults. Snake, Spike, Joey, Caitlin, etc.

And TYVM.
ketto
"Everybody wants something, they'll take your money..."
missladyj
I love Degrassi in all it's forms. I still watch Next generation and am kinda stoked about them going to hollywood. They really deal with shit in a way that isn't preachy or over the top. I have students who watch it too! I also spoke to a health teacher about the show. Plus Shenae Grimes went from Degrassi to the new 90210 and the chick who plays Mia is gonna be on some vampire show on the CW. Also kinda interested in the new Melrose place especially since Micheal and Sydney will be on it
candycane_girl
I was ohh about 3 when the original Degrassi started airing. I remember watching an episode with my cousins and being bored out of my skull. Luckily it was repeated years later on a fairly regular basis when I was at an age where I could enjoy it. The Next Generation is bad because they just keep bringing in new, younger characters, kind of like Law & Order's revolving cast.

I remember when the new Degrassi came out and I was like, what are they going to cover? The original already covered every possible topic (teen pregnancy, abortion, aids, alcoholism, drugs, drunk driving, bullies, eating disorders, divorce, etc). However, the new Degrassi has looked at things like predators talking to girls in chatrooms, young teens wearing thongs to school (I swear, that's an actual issue), those damn rainbow bracelets that girls wear to show their sexual experience, the way one's reputation can get ruined with viral video (Manny flashed a guy and he sent the video to everyone), hate groups on Facebook, etc. It's kind of interesting to see how the younger generation actually is facing problems that we didn't have to deal with.
girltrouble
oh, i meant the real degrassi. i have a hard time w/ highschool dramas. even freaks n geeks (or vise versa) which i appreciate, but it's very hard for me to enjoy 'em don't know why honestly i don't even know why i liked popular. i just did. but strangely i do like hearing about it. it's this whole little world that's utterly lost on me, and i find that funny.
candycane_girl
I just wanted to add that I love it when I'm on the streetcar and I actually pass by Degrassi street! I don't know if there was an actual Degrassi school though.
stargazer
"The Dancing With The Stars season 9 cast: Revealed! Macy Gray, Melissa Joan Hart, Kathy Ireland, Mya, Iron Chef host Mark Dacascos, Ashley Hamilton, former Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin, Donny Osmond, Tom DeLay (?!?!?!), Olympic swimming gold medalist Natalie Coughlin, model Joanna Krupa, Debi Mazar, Kelly Osbourne, Aaron Carter, Chuck Liddell, and snowboarder Louie Vito"

Macy Gray?!? blink.gif

So, with Fall soon upon us, what TV shows is everyone looking forward to?
Divala
I can't wait to see Debbie Mazar and Chuck Liddell dance, especially Chuck Liddell. I hope Tom DeLay gets kicked off in the first round. I can't stomach him.

I'm looking forward to the new season of Breaking Bad, but haven't heard anything yet about what the premiere date is going to be, Ugly Betty, Lost, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Metalocalypse, and of course... Project Runway on Thursday!

girltrouble
it's always sunny, although i'm love hate with it. project runway... locked up abroad...
tlc's hoarders. i am really getting into discovery's the colony. breaking bad. can't think of anything else...
auralpoison
Wow. I've never watched DWtS. But now I want to.
sassygrrl
Glee, Top Chef, Project Runway, Lost, GA, Biggest Loser, and Simpsons/Family Guy.
candycane_girl
I'm looking forward to Ugly Betty, Gossip Girl, the rest of the Mad Men season, and Law and Order SVU.
kari
Tv is getting good this week. Mad Men on Sunday, Top Chef tonight & PR tomorrow night. I'm really glad I finally got a DVR or I'd never catch everything

Does anyone know when It's Always Sunny is coming back?
auralpoison
According to their website it'll be back September 17th.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.