Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Television: The Drug of the Nation(s)
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
sybarite
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm not a Glee fan either. I appear to be in the minority though.

When the bejesus is Mad Men back?
auralpoison
Weeds (Showtime), June 8th
True Blood (HBO), June 13th
Mad Men (AMC), July 25th
ketto
According to Showtime, Weeds doesn't start until August 16th. I never got into True Blood but I can't wait for Mad Men. I'm sad Breaking Bad is almost finished.

I'm still not sure about Treme - it feels a little slow and disjointed, like I'm not sure where it's going. I feel like hardly anything has happened but I've watched all the episodes so far.

Yesterday I stated Dexter season 4 - I hated the third season but everyone has told me I need to give the 4th a chance.
auralpoison
I think I ganked those off of a list from E or TVGuide or something, so if they are wrong it's totes their fault.

I wasn't crazy about season three of Dexter, either, but four made up for it. The interplay between Dexter & Trinity is kick ass. Lithgow's performance is really compelling even if we do see wrinkly, naked, old white guy ass on occasion.
ketto
Yeah, so far it's a lot better. The writing seems a lot less hokey and it's back to being more drama. Last season just felt too...fluffy or something. I've finished two episodes and I'm already a lot more interested.
auralpoison
So in Dexter news, "According to The Wrap, hacker-turned-junkie-turned-Jolie castoff-turned-singin’ dancin’ lawyer Jonny Lee Miller will match lips with Michael C. Hall on the upcoming season of Dexter, playing a character who is “intricately involved” with Julia Stiles’ new character—and unfortunately, that’s all we’re getting in terms of advance information. “Intricately involved” could mean a lot of things, but we’re just going to go ahead and assume that he’s playing her drag alter-ego until we hear otherwise."

Really? Jonny Lee Miller & Juia Stiles? Why, Showtime, why? Now I will be fretting until September.
sukouyant
I'm in the middle of watching the first episode of a new show called Huge. Very interesting, decent cast, not sure where it will go yet. It's about some young people at a fat camp.

You can see it here by the way.
http://www.casttv.com/shows/huge/hello-i-m...e-going/3mhf5o1
sybarite
The two week hiatus of True Blood has reminded me that Mad Men will be on air again soon! IMDB says 25 July...
auralpoison
Saw the new promo for Weeds today & what a pile of suck this season looks to be! I've always thought the show jumped the shark when they got rid of Conrad at the end season three & they moved to bubbie's house. The new promos basically has them hiding out as the "Newmans" & working in a hotel. Andy & Nancy dressed as bellhop & maid respectively. Oy.

I hope the Big C is good because I can't imagine anybody tuning in to watch Weeds.

ETA: I watched about five minutes of something called Plain Jane last night. What a crock of shit. Basically, it's this uppity British lady doing fixer uppers on people. Like, this totally normal, totally cute girl had a crush on her friend of six years, but was too shy to ask him out. Fifty minutes of "improvement", fashion/makeup montages later, we find out that the guy had a crush on her even before she got her stupid makeover. The only redeeming portion of the program was the recap with pictures where you could clearly see that the "Plain Jane" reverted back to her awesome regular self except for wearing her hair down more.
sybarite
For UK HBO fans...
info on broadcasting of HBO shows in Britain

pants
Thanks for the link Syb, I will check it when I get home and no longer have my office blocking random sites. stupid office
auralpoison
Reality tv on TLC must be STOPPED. I remember when it was all Changing Spaces & WNTW instead of little people, religious zealots, & fat people.
Persiflager
Jesus balls, has anyone else seen Sherlock?! I was on holiday so only just got round to watching it. Thank you BBC!

It's pretty slashtastic - the actor playing Sherlock is outstanding, and the chemistry with his Watson is delightful.

They showed 3 90-minute episodes as a trial run, but have already confirmed it'll be back. Please, please make it a decent length series next time.
stargazer
TV shows I'm watching right now: Project Runway, the Rachel Zoe Project, Flipping Out, Psych, and the Closer.

Fall TV is starting again. What are you planning to watch?

I've seen previews for a show on ABC called No Ordinary Family which is about a family with superhero-like powers. Sounds interesting 'cause it reminds me of the Incredibles movie.

I've seen previews for Law & Order: LA. I hope it will be good. sad.gif

Regular shows I'm looking forward to their return...

Medium, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, The Middle, and Law and Order: SVU.

It seems as things have slowed down in my life with school being over, moving, and having more free time...my TV watching has increased. Hence, my resurrection of this thread.
girltrouble
i like your list star. i miss tv. i used to be a junky, but now my list has been wittled down because i'm working so much: madmen, true blood, rescue me and louie. and the occasional supernatural, if it's not a re-run. i watch usa shows too, because they rebroadcast the hell out of them: burn notice, royal pains, and the one about the thief.

i'm looking forward to no ordinary family. i love the superhero genre for tv, it has a lot of potential, but heroes kinda spoiled the soil for other shows to follow. it's a shame.

i've been dying to see children's hospital on adult swim, but i always miss it.

and, i am seriously, hopelessly addicted to naruto. i feel like such a uber dork for saying it, but i do love it. i used to snobbishly look down on naruto geeks, but the show is pretty amazing, and has a lot of depth. plus i respect any show where characters-- well loved ones are routinely killed off. s, at work said something about getting a 9 tailed fox tattoo, and i totally geeked out. yeah i knew it was a japanese thing before naruto, but it's also central to the whole story... {sigh} the look my bosses gave each other when i talked about naruto... l, i am chronically so uncool at work now. oh well.

sageykins
So I know that the writing isn't the best- but God do I love Glee. Is it the writing that's keeping it from having it's own thread?? smile.gif Hee hee
Persiflager
I'm right there with you, sageykins. It has so, so many flaws, but I love it a (mostly) unironic way. Because they sing!

Do you know when it starts again?

I think it doesn't have its own thread because TV-show-based threads don't tend to last long, so it's easier to discuss them all in here.
sageykins
September 21st!! smile.gif

Makes sense about why it doesn't- TV shows don't always make it and truly, as popular as it is and the singing!!! and all, it's not the super best. But I so love it smile.gif
Persiflager
Coolio, got it in my diary! Thanks Sageykins.

kittenb
GLEE re-ran its Lady Gaga ep the other night. I LOVE the dance to "Bad Romance." It makes me so happy I want to watch it over and over again. MY IPod is full of Glee songs. I think I am more about the music than I am about the story.
sukouyant
(kittenbeeeeeeeeeee!!)
purpledaze5
We all know how getting back to the school routine can be. It’s much more than we plan sometimes. I actually work with Bounty and they created a really funny music video. You’ve got to check it out and catch this premiere, or even share it with your friends - Bring It I wonder when the Bounty rappers will come out with their own album? LOL Has anyone seen this on TV yet?
Persiflager
'Being Erica' has started again, woo!
auralpoison
Sooooo . . . Dexter anyone?
Allison-Shine
How about The Office? I even like the show "Community" on NBC, it has good potential.
kittenb
I feel like Glee redeemed itself last night after the mostly pointless Brittany episode. More Kurt, please!
Divala
Besides Kurt, I really didn't much care for Glee last night. I thought all the other kids, especially Mercedes and Rachel, were incredibly selfish for railroading their beliefs on Kurt and his dad. It was insulting to atheists. I liked how Kurt and Sue never gave up their atheism, but the episode still came down on the side of religion.

I wish they'd write Rachel off that show. Give her a storyline where she hits it big and goes to perform on Broadway and never comes back. I really, really hate that character.
Persiflager
Sherlock airs in the US on October 24th!

WATCH IT.

Thank me later.
koffeewitch
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 29 2010, 10:27 AM) *
Sooooo . . . Dexter anyone?

I got into the Dexter thing pretty big for awhile by grabbing entire seasons (from torrents) and watching them in long crazy marathon sessions (which was great, at first)... but I kinda lost interest/felt shit was really starting to go downhill for the series. (Also when you watch a series that way, any continuity errors that the writers might make are glaringly obvious...and continuity errors and plot holes drive me bucknutty).

The Word around now is that the new season has suddenly picked back up again...what do you think? Is it worth it for me to catch up and start DLing the new shit?
ketto
Koffee, I didn't watch season 3 (I attempted but it was soooooo awful) but i was strongly encouraged to watch season 4. I thought it was really good but now I've watched the first 2 episodes of season 5 and I'm really not impressed so far. I'm probably going to keep watching but I have a hard time getting into showtime shows. They really seem to jump the shark after 2 or 3 good seasons.
koffeewitch
Shit ketto, I think you're right...I just spent the day watching some of season 4 (I absolutely hated season 3). And so far, I like it a lot better than 3 (how could I not, right?)...but I don't know. It's still so very predictable and I'm only watching it because some stupid newspaper just bragged up season 5. I think you are probably a much more reliable source than said stupid newspaper, so I guess I'd better lower my season 5 expectations back down.
DistrictLady
QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 22 2010, 11:39 AM) *
I got into the Dexter thing pretty big for awhile by grabbing entire seasons (from torrents) and watching them in long crazy marathon sessions (which was great, at first)... but I kinda lost interest/felt shit was really starting to go downhill for the series. (Also when you watch a series that way, any continuity errors that the writers might make are glaringly obvious...and continuity errors and plot holes drive me bucknutty).

The Word around now is that the new season has suddenly picked back up again...what do you think? Is it worth it for me to catch up and start DLing the new shit?

I got Season on from Netflix today. My sister won't shut up about it so I hope it delivers!
koffeewitch
If you have a dark sense of humor, you'll probably enjoy the first season or two...personally I do think it just goes right to hell after that.
ketto
I'm up to episode 5 of the new season and I still don't really like it. I actually fast forwarded through some of it yesterday. I really don't buy Deb as the sassy swearing cop - everytime she throws in a fuck it sounds so forced and awkward.

Anyone watching Boardwalk Empire? I'm really enjoying it. I love Steve Buscemi.
koffeewitch
I know this is part of the "dramatic tension", but I find Deb exhausting...I cannot stand her clueless, self-absorbed moronic ass.
sybarite
I know I'm late to the party here, but I recently started watching Hung expecting to hate it (creator Alexander Payne's films can annoy me)... but actually it's kind of consistently funny. Then again, I'm broke, underemployed and worried about the future, so maybe I'm projecting? blink.gif

Otherwise I've been sort of following Nikita and I started watching what BBC is calling their answer to The L Word, Lip Service. It's fairly cliched but I like the Glasgow setting.
girltrouble
has anyone been watching louie? i love louis ck, and i love that his sitcoms are always super rough around the edges-- the hbo series being a throwback to the 70's norman lear-esque sitcom. and his new show for FX is like a super fucked up seinfeld, but way more pointed, with really sharp social critique... and you can stream it on netflix right now too. i always get offended then sometimes the show takes a really interesting turn. my favorite episodes are the one where louie gets bullied, and the one where he tries to pick up on the black girl who works at his grocery store...
kittenb
QUOTE(Persiflager @ Oct 22 2010, 10:03 AM) *

WATCH IT.

Thank me later.

I have this saved on my DVR & will report back after I watch it. cool.gif
missjoy
Does anyone know if the show 'The Soup' is still on the air? I know Joel McHale is now the lead guy on Community - but I loved that show! It cracked me up!
auralpoison
QUOTE(missjoy @ Nov 3 2010, 09:17 PM) *
Does anyone know if the show 'The Soup' is still on the air? I know Joel McHale is now the lead guy on Community - but I loved that show! It cracked me up!

You? Is a lazypants! Hee! tongue.gif Google that shit!

And fuck Community because they stole Adam Scott which led to the cancellation of my beloved Party Down with him & the haircut moving on.

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Oct 22 2010, 11:03 AM) *

I am watching both Sherlock & Luther on the iTunes as the hicks here somehow need the fucking golf channel, but not BBC America.

Sherlock kicks so much ass that it is insane & I now have a new super-smart, unattainable, procedural crime guy on whom to have a crush. Benedict Cumberbatch/Sherlock also has a fantastic voice & looks dreamy with fey hair & a scarf. Luther falls prey to the majority of the "on-the-edge-cop-with-near-magical-powers-of-deduction-that-can-get-into-a-criminal's-head-because-he-could-be-one-but-for-the-grace-of-god" tropes/cliches, but it moves at a good clip & is just pretty much a rollicking good time. They say it gets better & bloodier as time goes on. And Idris Elba makes me feel all tingly in my nethers!

I am half-ass watching Dexter & also half-ass watching Boardwalk Empire. Neither is really holding my attention much.
missladyj
The soup is still on. Haha get it see what I did there? I kill me.

Maybe this should go in the confession thread but it's tv related.

I think I have been watching the real housewives of Atlanta because I love Nene and think Phaedra is a giant phony.
auralpoison
QUOTE(missladyj @ Nov 4 2010, 07:39 PM) *
The soup is still on. Haha get it see what I did there? I kill me.

Maybe this should go in the confession thread but it's tv related.

I think I have been watching the real housewives of Atlanta because I love Nene and think Phaedra is a giant phony.

You? Are comedy fuckin' gold, I say! laugh.gif

I don't watch it regularly, but I do find myself stopping on RHoA when it's on. I, too, love Nene. I think everybody loves Nene! And yes, Phaedra is a phony. Normal human gestation is from 37-42 weeks. WTF kind of doctor is going to schedule a woman for a c-section at 32 weeks? 32 weeks is when doctors usually make the appointment for the future c-section because the FETUS ISN'T FINISHED YET. So either bitch is lying or dumb. I think my favorite is Sheree because, really, WTF does she do? She got lucky by snagging a rich guy when she had nothing but a thin veneer of "class" & a nice ass. That veneer has gotten thicker over the years, but she's still a nobody with not much to show for it. I mean, all of the high-end shopping she did & she still had the ovaries to launch that dreadful-ass clothing line that wasn't even half the style of the Jackyln Smith Collection at Kmart? Girl, please! And now she wants to ACT?! Um, she's FORTY. I know it's a shame, but Hollywood (or Tyler Perry) ain't gonna be calling any time soon. Established actresses don't get a lot of work after forty, who does she think she's deluding besides herself?

Oh & I have one word: DWIGHT.
missladyj
Thanks AP

My new favorite word is boughetto
auralpoison
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THEY DONE CHECKED YOU, BOO!
Persiflager
I am very glad you're enjoying Sherlock, AP! Sadly the next season won't be for another year, and then only another 3 episodes.

Wouldn't Benedict Cumberbatch make a great Dream, if they ever filmed the Sandmas comics?
auralpoison
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Nov 4 2010, 11:26 PM) *
And yes, Phaedra is a phony. Normal human gestation is from 37-42 weeks. WTF kind of doctor is going to schedule a woman for a c-section at 32 weeks? 32 weeks is when doctors usually make the appointment for the future c-section because the FETUS ISN'T FINISHED YET. So either bitch is lying or dumb.

YES! The Dr. Lue said what we were all thinking! BITCH WAS FORTY WEEKS! Apparently her family has issues with children being conceived out of wedlock. I love how her moms just sat there & smiled like, "I'm just gonna stick with the lie. She only thirty-two weeks."

I refuse to believe that pregnant-ass Kim Zolciak is four years younger than me. She's just NOT. No way in hell.

And Sheree! Uh, your doctor ain't a doctor, boo! And STOP calling yourself a fashion designer! I took a shit last week that looked remarkably like Andy Rooney, but my asshole isn't a sculptor, now is it?
auralpoison
Tonight is the season finale of A&E's Hoarder's. I lasted the first ten minutes. What started as three pet rats made their way into a thousand. He tossed a big pile of seeds on the floor & within a minute there were furry, writhing little bodies everywhere.

Great googly moogly. I love animals, I do. But I draw the line at motherfucking vermin. Adopt the hoarder's RATS. I just don't get it. The rat fans are all extremely ardent about how great rats are & everything, but, um, it's a RAT. They carried the fleas that brought the black plague that killed off 30%-60% of Europe's population . :: shudders ::
missladyj
I have had pet rats and have a new found respect for them. They are intelligent and affectionate. But the most I had at one time were three. If he is just letting them run rampant they are not socialized. You have to spend time with the rat daily to get to a point where it recognizes you and enjoys interacting with you. I would not want to adopt rats that have never been through that process.

I just cleared out my rat tank because my last rat passed away this summer and it took me till now to clean it up. I had left over food which I decided to put out in the yard because I figured that the squirrels and bunnies would eat it. Apparently bunnies are not as smart as rats ( if you own a bunny and know otherwise I am open to hearing your personal story. I am serious) because the food was burried under some snow and I had to dig it out for them to be able to find it and eat it. I would never have to uncover food for my rats to find it. I'm just saying

I also apologize for my rat/bunny tangent that had nothing to do with tv.

I am still behind on my RHOA episodes and now that Jersey Shore has started I may never catch up.

Is anyone watching the fashion police with Joan Rivers? I fucking love that bitch so much sometimes it hurts.

I discovered that my mother watched project runway and thinks Mondo got robbed. I can't wait to discuss the next season with her.
auralpoison
Oh, Nene, girl? Let's be REAL, please. You made shit all about you & your little friend was nothing but a turd stirrer. You should be ashamed of yourself!

And per the after show: I was unaware that people still vogued, Miss Lawrence. Or is it really that you cannot dance in your Louboutins?
genghis cunt
Any Downton Abbey fans?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.