Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Grody Gross-Out Sink Clogged with Phlegm and Toothpaste and Hair and Thread thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
lowredmoon
i worked with a girl who put caramel sauce on her cheetos. it was surprisingly tasty.
deschatsrouge
My house girl dips her french fries in her milk shake.
txplumwine
I used to put soy sauce on my macaroni and cheese when I was growing up.

Actually, I used to put soy sauce on damn near *everything* (so long as it was a. savory and b. not fried) when I was growing up. So much so that my grandfather dubbed it [MyRealName] Sauce.
mouse
i recently tried soy sauce on rice and beans. remarkably delicious.

i say we resurrect the i eat weird things/i do weird stuff thread!
deschatsrouge

last night I was making my lunch and I wanted a tuna fish sandwich. To prevent the bread from becoming soggy I ususally spread a thin layer of butter. When butter is not available I *sob* use margarine. Well last night niether was available but I wanted very badly to have a tuna sandwich so I used bacon fat from the bacon fat can we keep at the back of the fridge. I spread it on the bread with a butter knife all the while my house girl looks on in disgust. did it work? yes, was it good? yes, my sandwich has a smoky flavor and tantilizing mouth feel.

*does the hardening of the arteries dance*
txplumwine
Deschats, I think I'd marry you if I weren't already married.

I too think we should resurrect the weird things/weird stuff thread.
herculesgirl
It's been very hot and dry around here recently, and as a result, my nose has been bleeding off and on for the past two weeks. So this morning it just felt like it was clogged with who knows what, so I blew my nose, GOOD (usually try to avoid that when I've got a nosebleed as it makes it much worse).

Ohhhhh, the stuff I got outta my nose...so gross, yet so satisfying! And my nose started bleeding again, of course, so I'll have to do it in another couple of days...eeeeeewww...
dani837
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Sep 22 2006, 02:18 PM) *

last night I was making my lunch and I wanted a tuna fish sandwich. To prevent the bread from becoming soggy I ususally spread a thin layer of butter. When butter is not available I *sob* use margarine. Well last night niether was available but I wanted very badly to have a tuna sandwich so I used bacon fat from the bacon fat can we keep at the back of the fridge. I spread it on the bread with a butter knife all the while my house girl looks on in disgust. did it work? yes, was it good? yes, my sandwich has a smoky flavor and tantilizing mouth feel.

*does the hardening of the arteries dance*

EWWWW LOL!

OMg I FINALLY have somethin to post here!Ok this happened with my cousin was like 1 or 2 years old. Her parents took her to a KFC, and they were sitting there talking while she was playing under the table(why? I have no idea) then she comes out from under the table sucking on a bone! My uncle asked her where she got that bone from and she pointed underneath the table. DISGUSTO. She did the same thing with bubble gum on another occasion.
kelkello
My favorite meal as a child is what I now have deemed The All Yellow Special. Every Friday we'd have fish sticks, corn, and mac and cheese. We were Catholic and mom followed that fish on Friday thing. Except we were, you know, poor, so we never had salmon or tuna not from a can. I still freakin' love fish sticks. That's gross, right?
dani837
QUOTE(kelkello @ Sep 24 2006, 12:07 AM) *

My favorite meal as a child is what I now have deemed The All Yellow Special. Every Friday we'd have fish sticks, corn, and mac and cheese. We were Catholic and mom followed that fish on Friday thing. Except we were, you know, poor, so we never had salmon or tuna not from a can. I still freakin' love fish sticks. That's gross, right?

OMG I always did the fish on friday thing too! And on monday it was legumes, ew.
falljackets
BUSTies, i just had the. worst. thing. happen... seriously. this is bad.

munching away on a fresh fruit bowl picked up at my local grocer on saturday afternoon. blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries. i was really enjoying it. i found a couple of leaves in it, which only seemed to add to the "freshness factor". then, as i was picking what looked to be a stem from a berry...

it fucking moved.

it was either a maggot or a grub, dyed blue from the berries. i'm trying to make myself believe it was a grub (because it's marginally better than a maggot, if only slightly) but i didn't examine it much. the bowl is now in the garbage under my desk and i really don't WANT to look at it to find out what it truly is. i'm really hoping that i saw the one and only little guy in there and that i didn't EAT. MAGGOTS.

holy shit.

i want to puke right now.

mouse
hahahah awww fj
don't worry, bugs are considered a delicacy in various foreign countries! it's not gonna kill you. i grew up a country gal with a big garden and apple trees and absolutely no pesticides, and while biting into an apple and finding yourself looking at half a worm is gross, it's not the end of the world. just think of yourself as epicurean tongue.gif

so, my grossie story: i had this really annoying bump in, ahem, a delicate area, and i would squeeze it and sort of solid white junk would come out, sort of like an old dry blackhead or piercing gunk type of stuff. and it would sort of calm down and then refill. and then i noticed that it looked like there was a dark bit in the middle and i figured it was an ingrown hair, so i did some self-appointed surgical work and lo and behold, not one but TWO pubes appeared, over an inch long!!! GROOOOOSSS!
deschatsrouge
I have experianced the whole maggots in the food thing. When I go mushrooming in the spring I have to cut the stems of the mushrooms open to make sure there are no maggots. When there is, it's sooo lovely and appitizing, little white maggots crawling around in the white mushroom.

On another gross note; my back was very itchy the other night so I was using my back scratcher. I was itching a particular spot and it started to hurt like the dickens. I looked at the itching end of my back scratcher and it was covered in blood and puss. I had popped a back zit with my back scratcher. The house girl was very grossed out and vowed never again to use my back scratcher.
kelkello
Speaking of squeezing things: My mom called me into the bathroom once and said she had an itchy spot on her back and would I look at it? I did. It was a big blackhead and she asked me to squeeze it. That alone is gross. However, when I squeezed it, about an inch long worm of smelly thick ooze wormed its way out. I was so ready to disown her. It left a big hole on her back and I told her I was off bodily function duty for life.
auralpoison
OMg I FINALLY have somethin to post here!Ok this happened with my cousin was like 1 or 2 years old. Her parents took her to a KFC, and they were sitting there talking while she was playing under the table(why? I have no idea) then she comes out from under the table sucking on a bone! My uncle asked her where she got that bone from and she pointed underneath the table. DISGUSTO. She did the same thing with bubble gum on another occasion.

Cousin grossness! A cousin was fond of raisins, but he was so little he didn't always chew them up properly. One time while my auntie was dealing with one of my other cousins shenanigans, my cousin removed his diaper to find it loaded with, you guessed it, poo studded with undigested raisins. Which he proceeded to consume.

I scarred said cousin for life when I showed him a boudoir photo of our gran that she'd had taken for her husband. The scream was heard round the world. Nobody needs to see nekkid grannie with saggy boobage on a fur throw with her ass in the air.

The eating of found food is weird. A buddy & I were walking down the street & there was a lone pile of Pringles in the grass. As we walked past, he stooped, grabbed a few & ate them. Much to my horror & the horror of a pretty girl walking past. He had no idea why he did it, he just did.
pollystyrene
Tonsil crypt grossness: I'm getting ready to take a shower before I go to bed, and i was starting my bedtime ritual before I got in the shower so I didn't have to do it afterwards. I was about to brush my teeth and decided to fo a sweep for tonsil stones. I, again, scraped my finger along my cheek, all the way back to my tonsil and a good sized chunk came out. It stuck to the back of my tongue and I try not to swallow those things whenever possible, so I coughed, hoping it would fly out. Well, I felt it hit my hand that was covering my mouth, but then it wasn't there. It wasn't in the sink I was leaning over either. I forgot about it, brushed my teeth, took my meds, then took off my bra to get in the shower. This nasty, yellow, stinky thing was pressed up against my boob in my bra. Eww. As they sit in the air, they get darker, too. Ick.

Ew, eating found food. I'm often disgusted by how much food people leave behind at restaurants, completely untouched. Sometimes I think about grabbing it, especially if it looks really good, but I've never really gotten to the temptation point, where I seriously think about doing it. The closest I come is eating the little bits and crumbs off Le Boy's plate, especially when he's picked the mushrooms out of something. Mmm, discarded mushrooms ((Homer gargly noise))

Okay, off to the shower!
herculesgirl
OMG @ THE POO RAISINS STORY...JUST...OMG...

BEST. GROSS. EVAR!!!
mouse
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Sep 25 2006, 09:11 PM) *

As they sit in the air, they get darker, too. Ick.

YES. YES THEY DO. and you know what else they do?

SHRINK.
quietmadness
OH...MY...God.

I'm either getting very old, or I need a hormone infusion of some sort, or something.

I was looking in the bathroom mirror last night. I tilted my head back just a bit---and---

WILD HAIR.

On my chin, almost mid-way between the chin and neck. HAIR!!

It was almost an inch long. I SWAR!

First of all--I'm not a hairy girl. My arm hair can only be seen in direct sunlight--and only if you scan for it.

I'm thinking, "Ok. Damn! Now *how* did the dang'd thing GET that LONG? How could I have NOT SEEN IT?!"

Therefore, I must be getting so old and decrepit that I need the glasses and hormones. Not only am I nearly blind, I'm also getting "old lady" hairs. The kind that sprout out of old ladies' warts. It was wiry and thick, too. Not like the fine baby hair I'm cursed with on the head. Oh, no--more like a pube!

Gahhhh!

*limps off to sulk in damp, dark lair of grossie shame and hideousness*
mouse
i get those too, quiet, and i'm only 23. i didn't notice them forever, and then sometime last year was lying in bed with my boyfriend at the time, who helpfully pointed them out. GAH.
deschatsrouge
My house girl gets those, they grow out of her moles. When they get long enough she tweezes them. She calls them her witchy hairs.
pollystyrene
I get these nearly invisible, fine hairs, usually on my cheeks. I check for them regularly, but when I do find them, they're always at least an inch long, sometimes 2-3, and I can't tell if I'm not checking often enough or if they just grow really, really fast and get that long in like 4 days, because that's about how often I look for them. They're so fine and translucent, that I can only see them if I look really close and the light catches them. They grow, like, flat against my face. I've been getting them for a few years, and I'm only 26, so I don't think it's an age thing.

I heard skin tags get more common as you near and pass 30, and especially after you have kids. I don't plan on having kids, but just getting closer to 30 scares me only because of the increased skin tags (and the myriad of other bodily abnormalities...I can deal with some wrinkles, but it's the really icky stuff I'm not looking forward to.) I usually yank the little suckers before they get very big, but that's already a weekly occurence.
brett
I get 2 mystery hairs, one on my chin and one on my cheek, as well as one on my boob and one on my eyebrow. I've been getting them at least since I was 17 or 18 (I'm 25 now).

I *swear* they pop up overnight.
ratgrl
QUOTE(falljackets @ Sep 25 2006, 05:51 PM) *

BUSTies, i just had the. worst. thing. happen... seriously. this is bad.

munching away on a fresh fruit bowl picked up at my local grocer on saturday afternoon. blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries. i was really enjoying it. i found a couple of leaves in it, which only seemed to add to the "freshness factor". then, as i was picking what looked to be a stem from a berry...
it fucking moved.

it was either a maggot or a grub, dyed blue from the berries. i'm trying to make myself believe it was a grub (because it's marginally better than a maggot, if only slightly) but i didn't examine it much. the bowl is now in the garbage under my desk and i really don't WANT to look at it to find out what it truly is. i'm really hoping that i saw the one and only little guy in there and that i didn't EAT. MAGGOTS.

holy shit.

i want to puke right now.

Falljackets, your post triggered the memory of something that happened 10 years ago: We were visiting my wealthy uncle and aunt at their beautiful home in upstate New York. It was a mini-family reunion, so Ratboy and I and various other relatives were having dinner there. The meal was a Mexican dish (I can't remember exactly what), with all the attending sides, toppings, etc. available to those who wanted them. One of these was cilantro, in an expensive glass dish. I picked it up from the table, and discovered a little green catepiller crawling happily around in the surrounding green. I quickly placed the stuff back on the table, without having taken any, of course. And because I didn't want to be rude to my hosts, I kept silent about the whole thing. But I do wonder if anyone else at the table did end up ingesting the little guy.

Naaasty...I think I'll go puke now.
txplumwine
I have one of those super-fine hairs that grows just under my left eye. It's come up over and over for at least 18 years...every once in a while, I'll find one somewhere else. Once, in college, I kept thinking I had a loose hair stuck to the inside of my shirt because it was tickling me. I took my shirt off and found...nothing. Thought maybe it was caught up in my bra. Took that off too...nothing. So I backed up to the mirror and did all kinds of contortions. Eventually, I got my fingers on the culprit...

a SEVEN-INCH LONG overgrown peach fuzz hair growing between my shoulder blades. Thankfully, *that* one never came back.
ananke
I have heaps of those little black hairs. I get them on my chin, neck and cleavage mostly. Nova found one on my back though, which freaked us both out. I really don't want to turn into my Da. I already have the same kind of body hair.
llamas
I have exactly one mysterious black hair on my chin, and I concur, I think it shows up overnight.
sixelacat
Hey, here's a fun fact! Those little dark hairs become little GRAY hairs! Every now and then I'll find a gray one to pluck along with the usual little dark ones. So, dad was right, eating all that broccoli DOES put hair on your chest! (and I thought he was just trying to get my brothers to eat their vegetables....) tongue.gif
auralpoison
I too, have a single mystery chin hair & one boobie hair. It's weird. Sometimes I'll be all on top of my chin & I'll catch it when it's just a hair little black thought. I'll squeeze it out. Other times I'll watch it for three months & there'll be nothing there. I forget to look for a few days & suddenly I have a ZZTop length chin hair. My mom has tons of facial hair that she used to make me pluck. It's really blonde/fine & she refuses to wear her glasses, so she'd have 1-2 inch long hairs on her chin & cheeks. I refuse to do it anymore. Let her look like a wookie.
quietmadness
OMG---skin tags! Gah!

I have tons of those. But they're not the huge kind--just enough to "feel" with a fingertip.

I find myself pulling them off sometimes, though.

*limps away in gruesome hunchback fashion consumed with thoughts of her own hideousness*
hellotampon
What is a skin tag?

And this is a really dumb question, but how does hair grow? I know you shed about 100 a day and replace it at the same rate, so I'm assuming that once a hair gets to be a certain length it falls out. But once a hair come out of the follicle how fast does it grow? You'd think your hair would be all different lengths.
flyingfrog
skin tags are little bits of skin that either appear as bumps or sort of hang from your body... imagine a skin-pimple, if you will, but not filled with pus or grossness. it's just skin. and they are totally harmless. they can be unsightly if they're a lot darker than the surrounding skin, but they don't mean anything bad. women get 'em more than men, and they usually crop up on the chest/neck/crotch/upper arms.

my mom has skin tags, which is how I know all this. a few years ago she decided to have a couple removed from her armpit region, mostly because they chafed under clothing... and the dermo FROZE THEM OFF. with liquid nitrogen, she said. augh! I was so sorry I hadn't gone along to see that!

and now that you ask it, geez, I have no idea how hair grows. isn't that silly.
lowredmoon
i googled "how hair grows" and found this.
hope it helps.

umm, something gross, to keep on topic...
i have several very large zits on my face right now (hello, hormones). and one on my chin sprang up overnight, fully formed, pus-y, and swollen. i popped it immediately upon waking, and it was very satisfying. lots of pus and a little whitesnake, no pain, no difficulty. if only they could all be that easy...
ms.gb
i haven't had a good zit in ages...although i get the occaisional red bump...i currently am sporting one on my chin. but its nowhere near ready.

although i got one off mr.gb's back the other day. pure whitesnake...nothing huge. but still nice.
deschatsrouge
last night I was using my avon black head remover last night and I got the biggest black head out from next to my ear. It was the size of a grain of rice and all dark and gooey. Then I popped a zit on the skin connecting my ear to the side of my head, it was huge and very juicy. lots of that yellowish clear liquid mixed in with pus and greyish pore blockage. I also got a whitesnake out of a pore just inside my nostril. My eyes were watering and I had to take a break to sneeze but it was soooo worth it.
herculesgirl
Two stalks of corn came up in my flowerbed this year from where I put out a mix of birdseed and corn for the critters. We got some good corn off the plants, then I just left the plants alone thinking I'd pull them up when they died later on in the fall. Well, a massive, MASSIVE aphid colony took over the top of one of the plants, and I've been watching it now for about two weeks.

They're grey aphids, smaller than the head of a pin, and there must be millions of them. The aphids secrete honeydew (which is basically aphid shit), and apparently it's sweet, so the ants like it. There are also lots of flies and other bugs who like the honeydew, and ladybugs who eat the aphids (but aren't very effective). It's amazing to watch the ants tending the aphids like they're little livestock. In the beginning, I would see an ant actually pick an aphid up and move it to another place, but the colony is so big now that they just sort of mill around the outskirts of it and they don't even bother trying to keep the other bugs away.

Mmmm...sweet, sweet aphid shit...
brett
yes, all i do is look up disgusting stuff on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale

i have little green aphids (inside! grr!) on my pea plant. i just squoosh 'em, but does anyone know how to safely (non-chemically) get rid of them?
auralpoison
Dunno if this helps Brett, but you can make a nontoxic pesticide by mixing 1 c. vegetable oil with 1 tbsp. liquid dishwashing soap. Add 1 1/2 tsp. solution per cup of warm water to a handheld spray bottle. The only other thing I can think of is ladybugs.
pollystyrene
Do you think that applies to dogs? Le Boy and I spend way too much time looking at our dog's poop (he has the occasional digestive issue, and you can tell a lot from what comes out), so I wonder....
herculesgirl
Marigold flowers make a good natural insect repellent, too. Boil a couple of handfulls of the flower heads in a little water for 15 to 20 minutes. When the liquid cools, strain it into a spray bottle. The bugs DO NOT like it at all. You can also spray it on yourself to keep the mosquitos away, but I find it to smell a bit too pungent for my liking (I think marigolds are stinky).
ms.gb
ok i've got a story to share....

I was supposed to take a client for a simple haircut and blowdry yesterday but my scissors are in desperate need of sharpening so i declined...my classmate, E, took her instead.

an hour or so goes by, E approaches me and nearly begs me to wash her hair. i say, sure E. lets go get you scrubbed up. as i am washing her hair, she tells me about the client i gave to her.

long story short, the client had full grown adult Lice on her head!!!! EEEEEEEEKKKK!!!! E found 2 live ones on the towel AFTER she had checked and shampooed her!!! E was fully creeped out, threw out her drape, cleaned all her brushes, wiped her arms with alcohol and swabbed down the station she was at.

poor thing. just talking about it makes me itch.
glassk
So you know how the dead skin sortof builds up on your feet? Well, my heels were very thick and sortof cracked and I never could get them clean. So I was soaking them and noticed that the skin was softer. And I'm like, "Hey! Dead skin!" So I got an old Venus razor blade and started shaving my feet..... the dead skin was sloughing off in thin sheets..... soooooo satisfying......sooooooo gross........ now I do that all the time though, and it only ever takes off the dead skin, and is so satisfying. My feet are soft and pink biggrin.gif Yesterday I got maybe a 1/4 cup of dead skin off......
falljackets
*scratches head at msgb's post*

glassk, THAT is quite intriguing. i have really rough skin on my left foot due to some nerve damage and it's always crusty and yucky. i will definitely try shaving it off next time i've been soaking... sweet!
deschatsrouge
I use a pumice stone to get the dead-skin-foot-crust off. It takes a little elbow grease to get through all the layers but when it's over I have a nice little pile of dust made of foot skin flakes, and soft pink feet.

auralpoison
When I shower I always plug the tub so that there's a pool of water for my feet to soak in. I have two pumice stones & I use a dull knife to scrape the dead skin off. It can be really gross.

A couple years ago I got a leg hair buffer. It buffs off your leg hair/dead skin & leaves you sitting in a pile o' dead skin.
herculesgirl
They make a special bladed tool for the purpose of removing dead skin from heels and other parts of the feet. You can find them in beauty supply houses and I remember seeing them in the drugstore recently. However, these aren't recommended if you have poor circulation, diabetes, or are on blood thinners.
pollystyrene
Oh, I hate when they use those blade things when I get a pedicure- they always gouge chunks out of my heel. I prefer the Swedish file- effective but not masochistic.

So last night, I made a birthday cake for my mom (see the barefoot thread for the recipe- sooo good!) and I needed flour. I opened the bag and it was SWARMING with weevils. Seriously, there must have been 100 of them just on the top- I don't know if they burrow into the flour, so there could have been more. It was so gross- they were crawling all over. I threw away the bag and fortunately, I had an extra one.
deschatsrouge
You know what worlks for keeping weevils out of your flour? Put a bay leaf in, and it doesn't change the flavor of the flour.
auralpoison
I hate the blade thing, too. That's why I use the knife.
pollystyrene
Oh, I know, dechat- I recently bought an airtight container and dumped a bunch of bay leaves into the bottom and put this already opened bag in there- I think these were already in there, though. But thanks for noting that it doesn't affect the flavor of the flour- I was a little worried about that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.