Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Grody Gross-Out Sink Clogged with Phlegm and Toothpaste and Hair and Thread thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
glassk
i'm afraid to get my wisdom teeth out
culturehandy
It's not that bad, I was so relieved to get them out.

I had an ingrown hair in my armpit, and it was all pus filled, I wish I had had more to pick at.

toastybean
i have strep throat and this morning when i went to the sink to snort out my dried up post nasal drip...it chunked out and i almost choked on it. it was a glorious, thick, gigantic (like an inch long), booger/phlegm hybrid, dark yellow and bloody chunk-o-grossness. and i hacked it out in the sink...it was so satisfying. and now i can breathe!
obelix2
*shudder*
pinkpoodle
Oooh, mouse and glassk, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled (also impacted), I had to squirt a syringe of salt water into the holes, and once, a chunk of spaghetti came out!! It was so cool!!

Ha!! I always bring floss with when I go to the movie theater!! My mom thinks I'm crazy, but I think it's genius!!
ObeyGiant
haha, one time a few years ago my dog ate like saran wrap [sp?] and my step-dad had to pull it out of her butt with tweezers. it was nasty. i felt so sorry for her, she was yalping and whatnot.
llamas
I squeezed a rather large and painful zit on my chin last night...turns out it was a double-pore one, and both sides popped simultaneously and hit the mirror with two globs of yellowish pus.
glassk
i agree, the floss sounds genius
konphusion26
Not really that gross but: i was eating a bowl of celebratory ice cream and cake, got to the bottom of the bowl, and there's a friggin EYELASH laying in the bowl. Kinda threw me off for a second. But it didnt keep me from eating the rest LOL
culturehandy
I've got a hella sore throat and with that comes coughing, not so gross, it's jsut wonderful when I cough I get a whole lotta phlegm loose. It's sooooooo wonderfully satisfying.
obelix2
Oooooh, Culturehandy, have you tried Mucinex? It makes whole handfulls of phlegm come out at a time. Solid stuff, top notch!
crazyoldcatlady
i have a "zit". in my outer ear cannal.

not to mention i had one on my pinna a few weeks back. how random.
puppykitty
My face has been ripe for the pickin' lately. I have harvested many rocks and whitesnakes.

Now my skin is destroyed. No amount of makeup will tone down the red pepperonis. I tried masking to smooth it out, and guess what?! My skin burned in patches on my cheeks and forehead! That has never happened before. I usually have skin of steel when it comes to beauty products.

Anyway, that was yesterday, and today in those burnt patches, my skin is dry and scaly, as though I had a sunburn or something. Yuk.

I am dogsitting this week for the lovely doggie, Luna. Luna is a great dog, however she keeps eating sticks outside and puking up wood in the house. It's effing nasty, man. The vomit consists of piles of shredded wood surrounded by a clear, thick, dark yellow fluid. At first, I thought it was pee. Then I went to wipe it up and it was so viscous that when I lifted the paper towels away from it, it made strings like melted mozzarella cheese.

obelix2
I just remembered one that I've wanted to tell you guys for months!

A family friend, and one of the coolest women I know, is a nurse. She had a bad hip for years, and she finally got it replaced in the last year. She didn't have general (which, wow!), just something that completely knocked out everything from the waist down. She made the docs tell her what was going on the whole time, and when they told her that they had removed the bone, she insisted that they bring it up to her face and show her!

I was almost a candidate for a hip replacement a few years ago (and have been assured that it will happen before I'm 60), and I was going to see if they could give it to me so I could mount it on a stick and bop people on the head with it. But to see it the moment it was removed from my body?!?
sarasota
obelix, you reminded me that my cousin did a similar thing. she was scheduled for a c-section, which is usually done with stuff that numbs you from the chest down, as i understand it, and then there is a curtain of sorts to block the woman from viewing the surgery, but she wanted to watch. so she watched her baby being born by c-section from her own body! i think i would pass out from the shock of seeing that!
culturehandy
I am getting over a cold, and the skin on my nose was all dried and crusty, it felt soooo good to peel it off.

Nothing like blowing your nose when you have a cold either, temporary snotty relief.
konphusion26
Have you ever been around someone who just farts all the time!!! GOSH and it smells like rotten eggs every friggin time. That is just nasty. Take it in another room stinky!
olivarria
I think this is more of a job/career-related post, but fits this category too - I've been researching the idea of becoming a crime-scene cleaner/decontaminator after i graduate, to pay off some loans. They do things like clean up homicide scenes, suicides, tear gas, meth labs, decompositions, etc. It pays very well I hear. It doesn't sound exactly fun, but I think i could really handle it. I hear the worst part is not the gore but the smell, and the emotional aspect of encountering family members that are in shock from the death. The sad thing is, if a company is not hired to clean it up, the family members/loved ones are actually responsible for the cleanup, so I would feel like i'm doing something good, though i hate the idea of profiting off of someone's death. I have a high tolerance for gore and blood i think, so maybe this is something i could do (not for a career, just temporarily). There is a book called Aftermath, Inc. that got me interested in the whole idea. I hope I can actually follow through with it and not chicken out!

Konphusion26, I grew up with my brother and dad, and my Uncle as well, and yes - they get in my vicinity (or on my pillow) and fart on purpose and it is just hilarious to them, even after a thousand times. For some reason, farting just cracks them up. I thought it was hilarious too - when i was 9. Ugh yuck, i totally know what you mean.
auralpoison
In most cases, from what I understand, it is technically illegal (Not that they don't get away with it, I was lucky.) for most families to clean up the mess left behind after a death. It may vary from state to state, but it's generally not kosher for civilians to do it.

An ex's deeply estranged mother comitted suicide in June with no AC. They didn't find her until almost August. She had literally leaked through the floorboards into the basement. When they asked the ME about clean up, he told them that they could be fined heavily if they tried to clean it up themselves. This was in CO.

I did some crime scene photography back in the day & I can attest that it's not the gore, it's the smell. The stench of rotting person & waste is unforgettable. Think about if you left a bunch of meat in a deep freeze & the electricity went out. You leave it that way for, I dunno a week or two. Once it gets into your nostrils you won't forget it. You menthol up & after about ten minutes it doesn't faze you, but until then you try not to puke.

And you do NOT want to fuck with a meth lab clean-up. That shit needs to be cleaned up by EPA standards & it can cost THOUSANDS, sometimes MILLIONS of dollars. There was a fella once where we followed the blood trail outside post inferno & had found that the cooker had packed his mouth with earth before he died in an attempt to cool the caustic burn.

I had the gig for six months. Besides having to scrub myself with lemons & then take a tomato juice shower (Decomp sticks to you like nothing else. Bonding fats & whatnot. I wasn't expected to wear a HAZMAT suit.), the hours were arduous. I was on call four days a week or so.
olivarria
I had never heard it was illegal for relatives to clean up; many of the articles i read were saying that sometimes they get stuck with it, but I don't know know if it's legal in Texas where i live. If there is no trauma scene clean-up in the area, or if the families can't afford it, what happens exactly? I know that emergency units and police don't clean it up.

I hear that people on this job burn out easily, and the average timespan is about 8 months. if you don't mind telling me, what was the emotional aspect like of dealing with families in grief or shock, if you encountered any? Do they brief you on how to handle that stuff?
ananke
An old friend of mine (mother of a friend) had to clean up after her husband tried to commit suicide in her kitchen by slashing his wrists.
auralpoison
Like I said, the regs vary from state to state. Technically, it's considered bio waste & there are lots of rules regarding disposal/cleaning of that. That's where the cleaners come in.

I never encountered family. They might have been outside or something, but I never talked to them. I got in, did my job, & got out.
hellotampon
I take care of a little old lady, and she'd had a dose of morphine about an hour before, so she was a little loopy. Before I tucked her into bed I took off her underpants and she started scratching her crotch. I'm standing there waiting and waiting for her to finish itching it so I can put fresh pants on her and all of a sudden she put her hand up to her nose, took a big whiff, and smiled with this totally relaxed look on her face. I'm still not sure what happened there but thank god for this thread because I know if I told my boyfriend about it he'd get pissed off. I've already told him way too many stories about poop, skin tears, etc. for him to handle.
konphusion26
QUOTE(hellotampon @ Mar 1 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Before I tucked her into bed I took off her underpants and she started scratching her crotch. I'm standing there waiting and waiting for her to finish itching it so I can put fresh pants on her and all of a sudden she put her hand up to her nose, took a big whiff, and smiled with this totally relaxed look on her face.

I would have just died laughing right at that moment! Either that or I'd have been horrified lol You're a brave one hellotampon! HAHA I'd have to agree with your bf on the stories (not getting pissed off though)... I'm very squeamish sometimes. I most likely would have fainted or thrown up if someone's skin tore in front of me. And poop - well thats a whole other issue in itself. Bleeecccch
konphusion26
deleted
beck
yuk! seems a little disrespectful to not want to be clean for you. can you make a point of being super-affectionate when he has brushed, so he can really see it's not just that you're trying to make a point? i know about the sex stuff, but even just being close and kissing and fooling around would be cool.

if that does't work, i would take care to bring it up at a neutral time, over dinner or something not in bed, and not at a point where he is likely to get defensive. Tell him it's not just that it's nasty, that you're concerned about the health implications. maybe as a starting point acknowledge he doesn't want to go to the dentist, tell him that if he's not going to the dentist it's even more important to take good care of himself.
beck
on a separate matter...

i don't actually think this is gross, just interesting. i noticed the other that some of my underwear, not the cotton kind but the lacy or stretchy sort, has worn really thin, on the part just above the little cotton bit in the crotch. does this mean i have killer vaginal juice that dissolves fabric? i do hope so!
hellotampon
I get the same thing, Beck, and I always assumed it was my pubic hair or maybe my jeans rubbing on the underwear.
hellotampon
Oh and I have a problem with my boyfriend too. Instead of bad breath, it's cat piss that I have to smell. He has 4 cats (already gross, who wants 4 cats in one apartment?) and he was too lazy and irresponsible to get the youngest one neutered, so in the last few months it's started to spray... in the house. And his other cats are assholes that started peeing and shitting in the bathtub or behind my new couch because they didn't want to go outside in the winter.

For weeks we fought about this and nearly broke up several times. I wasn't asking him to get rid of his stupid cats, just make them live on the porch. They could have a dog house with straw to sleep in, and not be allowed in the house, ever. It makes sense to me that if an animal is using your house as a giant toilet, that it's DISGUSTING and if you can't make it stop then you shouldn't let the animal in anymore. I know I have a strong sense of smell but he always claimed that I was making it all up and that he didn't smell anything. Bullshit. And I can't get it through his thick head that cat piss, in addition to being on of the worst smells EVER, is fucking PERMANENT. He'd eventually flip out on me and make me feel guilty for being so "awful" about it, and then I realized that he hadn't made a single compromise.

Now we have a stinky litterbox for the neutered cats, which i think is ridiculous since they should be going outside, not staying in the house for days on end, but whatever. And after the other cat sprayed on the wall right in front of him he was finally willing to kick it outside permanently and actually made an appt to get it neutered, after I'd unsuccessfully nagged him about it for months on end.

But then it got into a fight or something (something that happens when you don't neuter your cat, DUH) and has to take antibiotics, so he's in the house again, but staying in a dog crate so he can't go around peeing on everything in sight. It has a litter box in the crate but instead it perches on the edge and pees and shits on the floor of the crate. The entire house smells like cat piss most of the time now. I'm afraid it's going to sink in. I'm also afraid that it's too late and the stupid cat is going to keep spraying even after he's neutered because my boyfriend waited too damn long. If that happens I don't know what I'm going to do. He's going to have to choose between me or the cat because I am not living in a piss house.
vianne
double post
vianne
Don't get me started on cats! My boyfriend is a dog person but he has a cat. Why? Why do you have a cat if you're a dog person? The problem isn't her peeing, it's her hair. It gets everywhere! And it's black so you can see it all over the place. Just tonight, I walked in the door and sat next to him on the couch and there was black hair COVERING his shirt. It's like a solid layer. Then she has one of his pillows that she sleeps on and that thing is so effing disgusting. The hair is coating the pillow. It's even on the drapes in the kitchen! And those are above the sink! The most disgusting part is when I'm cleaning near the stove and I look at the sponge and there's black hair all over it. *shudder* It makes me want to throw up thinking that she's walking all over the stove WHERE I COOK doing God knows what else!
culturehandy
I'm going to have to get in on this conversation, but from the other end of things.

For starters, it's the fault of the b/f, not the cats for using the house as a giant washroom. He should have trained those cats from the get go. I am firm believer that cats should NOT be outside. they roam, and I've seen many a family cat squished by a car. I think that'd be pretty lousy, don't you? We wouldn't leave our dogs outside to fend for themselves, so why is the acceptable with cats?

I'd be pretty pissed off to if the house smelled permanently like cat urine. If a litter box is used and cleaned, the house won't smell. I have friends who have more than one cat in a condo and appartments, and you'd never know that there were cats there if it wasn't for seeing them.

Yes cat fur gets everywhere, but there are many breeds of dogs who shed, and their fur gets everywhere. I have dog fur in my clothes, and my dog certainly isn't wearing my clothes. At least to my knowledge, maybe she tries them on when I'm not home.

I'm not trying to be ranty and preachy, but bad pet behaviour is usually, at least in part, the fault of the owner. And shedding is something that animals do. Further, pet owners need to clean up after their pets to diminsh the shedding issue.
konphusion26
deleted

deschatsrouge
I wonder Kon, maybe his gums and teeth hurt because he has such bad oral hygiene that it hurts him to brush, which only exacerbates the problem more.
konphusion26
deleted
vianne
I do agree that pet hair all over the place is mostly the owner's fault but I guess it's mainly that it's all over the stove. I have a couple dogs at my house and they shed very rarely but when they do it's not all over the counters and the stove. They should breed a kind of cat that can only jump as high as a dog. Other than that I do like my boyfriend's cat. She just sits and stares out the window for hours and knows when to leave me alone. smile.gif
hellotampon
We have a huge yard with lots of trees and places to hide; the cats are perfectly fine outside. I've never seen them go near the road, except for the unneutered one. Personally I think it's shitty to have cats in the house 100% of the time and that if you live someplace where they can't go outside then you shouldn't have animals.

Konphusion- maybe your husband is repulsed by teethbrushing? I know someone who gags when she brushes her teeth- she just has a really strong aversion to it. Maybe he can ask a dentist if there's a reasonable alternative like those pink hygiene mouth swabs we use in home health care. Otherwise I don't understand why he would refuse to do a simple thing like brushing his teeth, if not for himself then for you.
slyjinks
My cats have a multitude of cat playground stuff in my apartment. They are healthy and very happy. I do not think letting cats outside to roam is a good choice no matter where you live. Cities and suburbs still have worms and feral cats to spread disease. Rural areas have those dangers plus coyotes and large birds of prey. Cats can also decimate local songbird populations.
My cats are perfectly happy inside, and even when I did live in a place where they could have snuck outside through the dog door...they chose not to.
I do understand why some people do not have cats. In the words of George Carlin, "Want a box of shit in your house? Get a cat."
I do not think it is acceptable to condemn those who keep cats as 100% indoor animals as irresponsible, possibly filthy, and abusive pet owners.
konphusion26
deleted
crinoline
My cat is a 100% indoors cat, because that's how he likes it. My parents' house is huge, so it's not like he can't run around if he wants to. Whenever he does get outside, it's really funny. He's always shocked by the weather conditions. It's like he puts his foot on the ground and his immediate reaction is "Eww! It's wet/cold/hot/dirty out here! Why didn't anyone warn me!?". I think if there's sufficient space for an animal to exercise, there is nothing "shitty" about keeping an indoors pet.
sexysandee
QUOTE(crinoline @ Mar 9 2008, 11:14 AM) *
My cat is a 100% indoors cat, because that's how he likes it. My parents' house is huge, so it's not like he can't run around if he wants to. Whenever he does get outside, it's really funny. He's always shocked by the weather conditions. It's like he puts his foot on the ground and his immediate reaction is "Eww! It's wet/cold/hot/dirty out here! Why didn't anyone warn me!?". I think if there's sufficient space for an animal to exercise, there is nothing "shitty" about keeping an indoors pet.

Amen, sister... my cat is the same way
beck
hey kon, maybe you need to give him a taste of his own medicine - don't bother to shower or shave or do any other beauty stuff, don't brush your teeth or floss, get yourself really stinky and see how he likes it!

maybe he doesn't have a good sense of smell (I think men generally don't as much as women) and he genuinely can't tell how stinky he's become. i read somewhere that people are not accurate at judging how bad their own breath is (both ways - can't smell their own bad breath or think they smell when they don't)

and even if he really was brushing at work, he should still be doing it again in the evening, and flossing - that's basic stuff. Man, I know we English are renowned for our bad teeth but I know that much!

i think you need to really spell it out to him that it might not smell bad to him, but it does to you and to your friends, and that it's become embarassing for you in company and unsexy for you at home. Read him the riot act. While to him this may be a minor issue, it's clearly having an impact on your marriage - you are embarassed being with him in company, it's turning you off and preventing you being affectionate with him, and it probably won't be doing much for his career either - if you've ever worked with someone with hygiene issues you know how awkward that is and how you avoid interacting with them.
auralpoison
Word on the house cat tip. I have two babies (M turns fourteen this month, Y turns thirteen the next.) that love to run, jump, & play inside. When I let them out they are curious for about fifteen minutes, then they just lay down by me on the porch. Y escaped once & went no futher than the window he climbed out of, M got away twice, the first he sat by the door & yowled, the next he hid under a car until I found him & brought him home. My babies is *indoors* babies.
mornington
on the fur thing... i have a dog and two rabbits, and while the hound doesn't shed much... it happens. It's my fault I don't sweep up enough and my clothes get covered in hair, and frankly I've gotten to the stage where if i see bunny/dog hair in my food I don't flinch. I do go through those sticky rollers at a rate of about one every month, though.

what? this is the grossy thread...
deschatsrouge
Hair in my food, whether it mine, someone else's, or an animal, makes me gag. I have a rule. No cats on counters or tables in my house. I hope I never turn into one of those people who just shrug and eat cat hair.
konphusion26
QUOTE(beck @ Mar 11 2008, 09:16 AM) *
hey kon, maybe you need to give him a taste of his own medicine - don't bother to shower or shave or do any other beauty stuff, don't brush your teeth or floss, get yourself really stinky and see how he likes it!

maybe he doesn't have a good sense of smell (I think men generally don't as much as women) and he genuinely can't tell how stinky he's become. i read somewhere that people are not accurate at judging how bad their own breath is (both ways - can't smell their own bad breath or think they smell when they don't)

and even if he really was brushing at work, he should still be doing it again in the evening, and flossing - that's basic stuff. Man, I know we English are renowned for our bad teeth but I know that much!

i think you need to really spell it out to him that it might not smell bad to him, but it does to you and to your friends, and that it's become embarassing for you in company and unsexy for you at home. Read him the riot act. While to him this may be a minor issue, it's clearly having an impact on your marriage - you are embarassed being with him in company, it's turning you off and preventing you being affectionate with him, and it probably won't be doing much for his career either - if you've ever worked with someone with hygiene issues you know how awkward that is and how you avoid interacting with them.

Oh gosh girl, I think I'd die if I couldnt take a shower or brush my teeth. Shaving I can get by with not doing cuz I'm not very hairy. I do not like to stink or sweat. LOL

Good advice about spelling things out for him. Im trying to think of a way to say it and not sound malicious. I'll try it out though. Thanks!!!
pollystyrene
I agree, konphusion- I think it's time to put your foot down. I think you can constructively tell him that not only is this becoming an interference in your marriage, but other people have said things to you.

Like I said before, find a good dentist- if the initial visit is less than 90 minutes, it's not enough. For someone who hasn't been to a dentist in 20 years, 90 minutes may not even be enough- he's probably going to need scalings, which would probably be a separate visit. If you think some of this may be a phobia, best not to mention this to him beforehand.

ETA: Forgot to comment on the cat issue- that's totally the owner's fault for not getting the cat fixed soon enough. Pretty much once you pass the hormonal stage where they start doing that, it's too late.

As for outdoor cats, maybe there are some areas where you're more safe than others to let your cats outside, but I've lost three cats to feline HIV, after they got outside and contracted it and it's just awful. There is no reason letting your cats outside is worth it to me. The only exception, and I plan on doing this, once the perma-frost here in Chicago breaks, is to put them on a harness and leash and take them out supervised.

As for the fur issue....my cat doesn't really jump on the kitchen surfaces, but most of the cats I've had in the past do and that's why you wash your counters before you prepare anything on them. Trust me, cat germs are not the only reason you should be doing this- I'm not really a germophobe, but common sense says that there's a lot of nastiness in a kitchen and a good cleaning is necessary before putting food on the counter. And the occasional piece of fur in my food? Eh, extra protein. I mean, it's not like I'm finding wads of it or anything. Now hair on the other hand.....especially when there's a lingering doubt that it's my own....ew.
epinephrine
Oh, grossies. I had the most sublimely perfect gross-out experience today. It was a large, healed-over ingrown hair in my girlfriend's armpit. It's been there five years or more, a pea-sized bump, and I've always secretly wanted to pop it. I've gradually been acclimatizing her to my picking obsession, and today she was lying on her back with her arms behind her head and I couldn't help myself and gave the bump a little squeeze. A little whitesnake started coming out and I was thrilled, and she didn't stop me so I kept squeezing. It grew and grew and grew to about 2 inches, yellow and pasty with something in it that I realized was hair. I was squeezing the hair out with the goo! When the squeezing was done and nothing else was coming out, there were 3 or 4 hairs poking out of the hole, so I grabbed the tweezers and pulled them out. They just slid right out - they weren't even attatched at the root. They were just free-floating around in there. They were all really short, only 3 or 4 mm long, and they just kept coming. I must have pulled a dozen little hairs out, and that's after I squeezed out a long, continuous whitesnake full of them. Finally, I pulled out a hair that must have been an inch and a half long, all curled up, in a clump with a couple more of the little hairs, and it was done. It was like one of those "missing twin" tumours that people find in their bodies occasionally. It was majestic. It was beautiful. It was a compounded ingrown hair.
shinyx3
ewww ewww ewww! that is so nasty! *i am jealous*
konphusion26
epinephrine, that was delightfully disgusting my dear lol i'm sure that was fun.

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Mar 18 2008, 03:24 AM) *
I agree, konphusion- I think it's time to put your foot down. I think you can constructively tell him that not only is this becoming an interference in your marriage, but other people have said things to you.

And the occasional piece of fur in my food? Eh, extra protein. I mean, it's not like I'm finding wads of it or anything. Now hair on the other hand.....especially when there's a lingering doubt that it's my own....ew.

Oh my gosh Polly, i wouldnt dare tell him about how long the dentist would take and what they might do. He'd never go till his damn teeth fell out.

And I have a gross story about cat hair in food. At my former job we had a pot luck lunch and everybody signed up to bring something. Well this one lady volunteered to bring homemade no-bake cookies. They were delicious!!! On my second cookie I bit into it and as i'm pulling I notice there's some type of thread looking thing sticking between the piece i'd bitten off and the rest of the cookie.. so i pulled it out and it was a dang cat hair - she has two cats that she keeps inside. I almost vomited right there. I spit that crap out so quick. bleeecchhhhh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.