Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Grody Gross-Out Sink Clogged with Phlegm and Toothpaste and Hair and Thread thread
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
beck
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jul 18 2008, 08:03 AM) *
Its still there, and looks like its getting bigger... GROSS. Any ideas on how to get it out? I can't even gargle without gagging for some reason. I keep thinking i'm going to swallow it. EWW.

i normally find that if i poke around a bit around my tonsil, kind of underneath where the stone is, that coaxes it out? it does make me gag a bit but not as much as having one stuck in there...
quietmadness
Two words:

Popsicle
Stick.

--Quiet--
konphusion26
deleted

mouse
i love my tonsil stones. i especially love the ones that are kind of gritty on the very center. i like to think of them as an oyster that has created a pearl. i have an especially long tongue, so i just bend it backwards and pry 'em out that way. i have never found outside implements (popsicle sticks et al) to be useful.
deschatsrouge
*totally unrelated to the tonsil stone discussion

So I had lithotripsy on Monday. I had to fast all of Sunday. I was only allowed a clear liquid diet. I made the mistake of eating blue jello. I was peeing blue out of my bum. I also had a kidney stent implanted. I was told to leave it in for five days. The doc said to buy some paper panties because I would leak. Well, the stent came out on Tuesday. It was half hanging out which caused more than just a little leaking. I was changing my paper panties every fifteen minutes. To top it off I was taking bladder medicine that dyes pee deep orangish red I accidentally leaked on the floor and it stained the carpet.
hellotampon
My dog has a big bald spot on his back. It's pink, with yellow pus. I'm gonna have to take him to the vet tomorrow. I noticed a small spot last week and called the vet. I took a picture of it and they said don't bring him in and gave me a spray for hot spots. So after spraying him for a few days, the spot appeared to have gone away, problem solved. I get up this morning and it's back, only bigger and so much grosser. I'm not sure how it got there, and he actually doesn't seem to mind it, but it makes me sick to look at it.

It's weird. Tonight at work I emptied and irrigated a colostomy bag, dealt with dead black toes that are almost falling off and need to be amputated, and wiped plenty of asses. Since I've started working with the elderly I've been peed on, shit on, and vomited on. I've seen skin tears and wounds that go down the bone. Hemroids and bedsores are worth being able to spend time with old people, but I cannot handle this dog thing.
auralpoison
It's just so gross when it's your baby, Hellotampon! Our old dog had a skin condition with these awful weepy hot spots. We had to give her a little steroid pill everyday to keep it at bay.
pollystyrene
My dog is prone to little cyst-y zit things. Usually you can pop them and they ooze out, but he has this stubborn one on his head right now that just won't pop. My bgp, his former owner, has no qualms about lancing them herself, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I have no problem doing self-surgery, but I just can't bring myself to poke him with a needle to drain that thing. He just looks at me so pitifully because he knows what I'm going to do. sad.gif I'm going to have to have her do it.
auralpoison
Oh, yeah. I used to have to clean out the dog's stanky ears. He hated it, but he'd look so resigned to his fate.

Once when I took him out to poop, when I bent to pick it up I thought, "Huh. Why does his poo look like there's cheese in it?" Then the "cheese" moved. And I screamed & dropped the bag like a big ol' pussy. I knew it was just worms (That cost me $$ to get rid of), but for some reason worms really squick me. It's been raining here for the past two hours & I don't want to run my errands until after all the worms have gone back into the ground.
pollystyrene
My dog's never had worms, but I have seen cats at the shelter with them. Blech.

It's also fun when the dog swallows hair (mine or LeBoy's, who has longer-than-shoulder-length-hair) when he surfs the floor for crumbs and it comes out in his poop and gets stuck....nothing like having to assist the dog in getting that out.
mornington
my dog hates, hates, hates having his ears cleaned, he looks so doleful when I do it. I find something so satisfying about cleaning is ears though. I'm a terrible person. Still hate cleaning up bunny poo when they've sat in it though.

oh, and a grossie-conversion. G has discovered how much fun it is to pick zits. He'll still only let me do his occasionally, but he puts up with it better. *and* he'll squeeze mine every now and again (I get zits on my shoulders, where my bra strap sits, especially when it's hot and humid)
shinyx3
my pug hates his ears being cleaned too but they got realy gross with brown wax if i don't clean the regularly. they also got this kind of funny smell too. (vet says it is just the smell of the wax.) he also hoovers the floor and has the hair problem. he looks like "help me i can't poop" with this expressive little pug face all concerned. he also gets what we call face rot. because his eyes are wet his face is usually wet and therefor stinky. he is still my sweet puggy pooh though.
auralpoison
Pet grossies!

Yeast. Bub's ears smelt of yeast. Cocker ear. It is a distinctly unpleasant smell. Once a week I irrigated his ears & put medicine in. If he got wet . . . thick, brown, waxy nastiness unless I clipped his ears up to dry or blew them dry.
girltrouble
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
la la la rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb la la la rhubarb rhubarb ruhbarb la la la
unsure.gif blink.gif me no likey icky dog stories. wacko.gif sad.gif
puppies are happy and blemishless. they frolic without a care. their poop smells like roses
and there are no squirmy things in it. they never lose puppybreath, and when they get wet
they smell like sidewalks after a good rain.
*gt, strident, dog devotee sticks her head in the sand again to gently cry herself to sleep
from the horrible puppy afflictions in this thread, mumbling that it couldn't possibly be true since puppies and doggies are the most beautiful, perfect gift in the world*
culturehandy
you know, i remember when Emily had an ear infection, it smelled like dirty feet and feta gone bad. In fact, the smell was so pungent that when I flipped her ear up, the vet could smell it from about 5 feet across the room.

GT, that's so sweet. OT, but I enjoy the smell of the blankets after a dog wakes up. there is a distinct smell. I also noticed that all dog feet smell like taco chips. Seriously, give your dogs paws a smell. what did I tell you, taco smell.
girltrouble
*starts to read culture's post about M.L.E. and freaks out*
nonononononononononononononoooooooo!

*gets to the part about the smell of pooches, and gets a punch drunk dazed smile*
awwwwww! puppies!
puppies with little puppy paws!
*sigh*
puppies that smell like tacos!

isn't life wunnerful?

*floats out of the room with a moronic "robert schuler" hour of power beatific smile*
mouse
omg they totally smell like taco chips! it's something corn....i've heard it described as popcorn, doritos, etc...i wonder why that is.

oh fucking sigh....i miss my dog. sad.gif the other night i rediscovered some very old sketches i'd put on an old website, and one was of my dog and it was so bittersweet. here she is:

i've talked about her grossie run ins with ticks here before; she also would occasionally run into a skunk--WHEW, that is a smell that does not go away. once it happened while we were camping, and then she ran into the tent and rolled around on our sleeping bags. i don't think she ever had ear problems, though, but she definitely had corn chip toes.
girltrouble
awwwww! i love that mouse!
she looks like she's smiling! puppers!

bella, aka the puppymonster has lots of earwax and drool and she's sick again with a cough. sad.gif she' been sick for the first 1 and a half years of her 2 year old life. tsk.

Queen Bull
aw! i love doggies. i miss mine. sad.gif totally off topic, but what kind of dog is Bella, GT?

Mouse, i love that sketch.

and totally off the stream of gross pets: mens bathrooms. in their apartments, but looking like the damn amoco station. and the distinct lack of trashcan. *shudder*
konphusion26
Gross gross, gross: people that use public restrooms and don't flush their shitty concoctions down the toilet and I'm pretty sure they didnt wash their hands either. Gosh women's public restrooms are THE most disgusting thing ever. It's the worst to walk into a stall after someone has dropped a toxic load and clogged up the toilet!
culturehandy
Note to self, never eat grapes whilst reading this thread.
girltrouble
the puppy monster is a english mastiff, she drools like a waterfall but i lurve her more than bacon.

and speaking of gross, she's been sick again, and she coughs up huge foaming domes of spittle bubbles that the flies seem to love...

...oh god...
puppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpup
pybreath....
Queen Bull
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Aug 27 2008, 02:17 AM) *
the puppy monster is a english mastiff, she drools like a waterfall but i lurve her more than bacon.

and speaking of gross, she's been sick again, and she coughs up huge foaming domes of spittle bubbles that the flies seem to love...

...oh god...
puppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpuppybreathpup
pybreath....

awww. that is all i have to say. i lurve mastiffs. <3's
bob4both
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Aug 26 2008, 02:21 PM) *
Gross gross, gross: people that use public restrooms and don't flush their shitty concoctions down the toilet and I'm pretty sure they didnt wash their hands either. Gosh women's public restrooms are THE most disgusting thing ever. It's the worst to walk into a stall after someone has dropped a toxic load and clogged up the toilet!

Nope, men's stalls have you beat, I'm sure. I actually used the wrong restroom once (came off a plane & bee-lined to the first stall that I "thought" said Men...my eyes were a little crossed at the time.) I remember noting how nice the "men's" room looked in that airport (Syracuse, NY BTW, if you ever get there). while sitting in the stall I heard an adolescent male voice talking about driving, which I thought odd since "he" sounded kind of young. After I left the stall I was behind 2 women at the sink applying makeup or something. I just got out of there ASAP! I went to the men's room to wash my hands (hoping Security was not behind me!) and noticed the difference immediately. Plus, you don't have some no-aim bastard (prob cuz his d*** is too short to hold) shooting all over the seat & leaving. Y'all got it made, believe me!

But, I think seeing the dog eat up the cat's yack has got to be my biggest Grody Gross-out...
culturehandy
I don't know, womens washrooms can be fucking disgusting. I don't need to see someone's used pad stuck to the wall, thankyouverymuch.
Queen Bull
ugh-- amen to that CH, girls in my dorm always used to 'flush' their tampons, and create a lovely and disgusting Cherry bomb in the toilet.....*gag!*
culturehandy
Used condoms bakingon concrete always makes a lovely sight, too.
mouse
honestly i would rather see the used condom baking on concrete rather than last night's vomit baking on concrete...sadly, i see the latter A LOT more.
auralpoison
I can say unequivocally as a former janitor that ladies rooms have mens rooms beat in the nastiness. I might have come across a few mad pissers in the mens room, but the ladies? FOUL.
indiechick
some zit-popping grossness...

thirtiesgirl
I'm not much for the gross-outs, but my cat just barfed up the biggest, most ginormous hairball I've ever seen. Seriously. I've never seen one so big. It was like the size of a small cat. ...Ok, maybe not that big, but still erring on the side of HUGE. It took me nearly half a roll of paper towels to clean the damn thing up. ...Ulp.
auralpoison
Oh man, oh man, do I feel you. When my cat used to get hairballs (He gets his weekly catlax for hairballs now.) he always used to hork them up in a common area where I would most likely step on the nasty things.

My plumbing is fucked. The pipes are being cleaned on Monday, but I can't really flush the loo & the tub is stopped up from my shower this morning. I've been using the grey water from the tub & a bucket to flush the toilet. This also means I can't do the laundry I need to do tomorrow. Or the dishes. Or mop. Apparently this happens twice a year & there's nothing I can do about it.
konphusion26
So I've been dealing with the most awful bloating and constipation (I know, TMI!) lately and it had gotten so bad that I had to resort to the old *MAGNESIUM CITRATE*. you have to say it in the dramatic announcer voice LOL blink.gif It felt like I was going to explode my stomach was so tight. So after guzzling this terribly salty/sour concoction - about 30 minutes later I begin feeling this gurgling rumble throughout the tummy. Its showtime!! I get to the bathroom just in time for what I thought would just be air. There's no way this stuff worked this fast!! I'm glad I went ahead to the potty because it was almost disastrous proportions. I won't go into further details, but know that it. was. a. disgusting. mess!

Does anyone have any Citrate horror stories to share???? This *blowout*story cracked me up! I felt so bad for this guy! I know he can't be the only one that has experienced this tragedy!
<3drums
slightly tangent-ish buuuuuut...
you know that 'worlds biggest zit' video that's been posted around here a few times?
i didnt think it was that bad.....
am i really, really sick?
blink.gif
persimmon_grrrl
whoah, that magnesium is nothing to mess with. i hope you are feeling better, at least...

i don't know if this is the right thread, but how do you decide to move ahead and actually throw a bunch of stuff out when such action becomes necessary?

what do you keep?
what do you throw away?

clothing, i need to keep some of that. but what would you let go of?
auralpoison
Persimmon Girl, I'd post this in the Bust General Knowledge thread in Media Whores.
konphusion26
Also posted in the cob up my ass thread: roaches are fucking disgusting. I wish the neighbors that brought them here would buzz the hell off and take their vermin with them. Nasty! I'm calling the damn exterminator first thing Monday! I refuse to add this to my list of problems. Hell no.
persimmon_grrrl
konphusion26: i empathize with the roaches. just now, as i was putting things into plastic bags for yet another move to who knows where, and trying to figure out what to trash and what to keep, i heard some crinkling on my chair.

i am sitting on a plastic bag on top of my chair, for pest reasons.

when the crinkling got louder, i got up and saw a cockroach the size of my thumb on the chair. i screamed. nobody else was home. i grabbed two plastic bags, put them over my hand, and picked up the cockroach. it was walking all over my chair as i stood screaming and talking out loud to myself.

i feel so terrified and bloodshot.

i am usually not afraid of things such as mice and cockroaches, but after having them catch me off-guard one too many times, i have learned to be afraid of being surprised. i want to be fearless again. or at least have a reprieve so i'm not so shocked and awed when i encounter these insects. i have this futuristic world in my head where people have to deal with a lot of bugs since frogs have dramatically decreased in population, or whatever natural predators that eat cockroaches, and humans have to deal with this and just be brave and not freak out.

facts of life.
ananke
My arsehole best friend who is living with us left the house in a right state when we got home after weeks away. Her excuse 'I had to do an early shift so I couldn't do it before I left'...

Considering it was 2 weeks of washing up, the bins were full of empties, potatoes had liquified in the cupboard (and given that my husband has a total inability to deal with smells and I've got morning sickness...that was pain) the sink was full, the laundry was full of her dirty clothes (we'd run out of washing powder before we left and she hadn't gotten any more...) and crap everywhere. I love her but the MU and I both lost our shit having to do so much washing and cleaning after flying home after two weeks of holidays. Totally the last thing we want to do.
deschatsrouge
I have sympathy for the bug grossies.

Since it's getting cold, the bugs have migrated inside my house too. All the poisonous spiders that have spent the summer getting big and fat, have decided to come in and sleep in my nice warm bed.
pollystyrene
Eek, spiders in the bed! I don't mind most spiders, and as long as they keep their distance, that's fine. We don't have too many poisonous ones around here, though.

There's been a lot of roadkill around here lately, though. I drove over something completely unidentifiable this morning. There's been a very fat raccoon "napping" (at least that's what I tell myself) in the turn lane into my office complex for about a week now. Yuck.
shinyx3
gawwk! i hate hate hate spiders! i am getting better at killing them though. i don't cry anymore when there is nobody around to do it for me and i have to squish it myself. the worst is the fat ones that pop. *shivers*
deschatsrouge
I still scream, and make Mrs. rouge kill them.

We have hobo spiders here. They are quite poisonous, They can kill babies and children under two. Their poison causes necrosis of the skin, if you get bit bad enough the doctor may have to do a skin graft.

this is why I find it unnerving to have them in my bed and crawling across me at night. What if I unknowingly antagonize on in my sleep?
hellotampon
I'm terrified of spiders. If I see one I shriek, shake, and sometimes throw up or have a full-blown panic attack. It's embarrassing.

Several hours ago I gave the boyfriend a blow job and spit the jizz into a cup of tea I'd just finished. A little while ago I offered him the last sip of my tea and he almost took it tongue.gif
Caryn
*bump*
Poll: which is worse, stepping in cold cat barf with bare feet, or stepping in it while it's still warm?

*shudder*
auralpoison
Cold. Cold to me is way worse.

When I was about nine, there was a spider living in my bedroom that would come out at night to bite me. My parents refused to listen & just thought I was running game on them so I wouldn't have to go to bed. I finally stayed up all night one night & when I felt it crossing my legs, I trapped it in a glass with a book on top. I demanded my parents get up & see what I had caught. I poured alcohol over it & my mom felt so bad she took me to the doctor first thing in the morning. Turns out the thing could have killed me if it had reached maturity.
konphusion26
QUOTE(Caryn @ Dec 7 2008, 01:49 AM) *
*bump*
Poll: which is worse, stepping in cold cat barf with bare feet, or stepping in it while it's still warm?

*shudder*

Definitely worse cold I'd think...

that makes me think back to babysitting and stepping barefoot in a fresh pile of 8 yr old child POOP! It was oh so disgusting! Long story short, she didn't make it to the bathroom & she freaked out. I was rushing trying to get to her from the next room (didn't see the pile) and stepped right in it!
bottleblack
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 7 2008, 07:01 AM) *
When I was about nine, there was a spider living in my bedroom that would come out at night to bite me. My parents refused to listen & just thought I was running game on them so I wouldn't have to go to bed. I finally stayed up all night one night & when I felt it crossing my legs, I trapped it in a glass with a book on top. I demanded my parents get up & see what I had caught. I poured alcohol over it & my mom felt so bad she took me to the doctor first thing in the morning. Turns out the thing could have killed me if it had reached maturity.

Wow..I'm going to have nightmares now..
bottleblack
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Dec 7 2008, 07:01 AM) *

Wow..I'm going to have nightmares now..
ihateoly
I have been ill with an icky cold-like virus and recently went to the doctor to see if I had strep throat or not. It turns out I didn't have strep and the doctor recommend that I gargle with undiluted white vinegar. He said it works better than salt water. I tried it and I gargled as long as I could but it was sooo awful that it made me vomit. It did make my troat feel better though, but I haven't gargled with it since. I've been sticking to salt water.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.