Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreams - why did I dream of so and so...naked?
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
nickclick
i have a irrational awful fear of snakes, and often dream about them attacking me. this article is a nitemare come true.

LoveMyPugs
DreamMoods.com says:

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

nickclick - you are just wise and horny! laugh.gif

nickclick
yeeeeeaaaaaah!
jami
my ex-to-be used to work on farm equipment, crawling under them to make repairs. He would dream that the snakes dropped from the machinery onto him. he'd awaken (or sometimes not) flailing his arms and legs and shouting.
dangerous. not missing that. nope.
nickclick
yeah, bad dreams should only happen to bad people!
jami
I'll go along with that, nickclick.
musicfit
Yeah. sad.gif My sweetie was tossing and turning last night and a little scared murmur came out of his mouth. He woke up and said, "I had a bad dream." Awww. Poor sweetie. Hopefully, it wasn't too bad. I actually don't have nightmares of things attacking me anymore. My recent nightmare was that I had unprotected sex with 5 different men to produce babies to be adopted by needy parents. I was terrified that I had AIDS. I would wake up and think, whew! I don't have AIDS. I never had sex with those men! Then I would wake up and think, I had sex with one of them, there's a chance, and all the worries would flood back. Then I finally woke up completely and thought, I am so glad I didn't have unprotected sex with 5 strangers. Big sigh of relief.
edie52
I dreamt that I was measuring my boyfriend's penis! It was really big, I kept having to recount the notches on the ruler, and I also noticed that some of the notches were further apart than others.

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious. We're apart and I'm counting the weeks until we can be together again. The fact that the notches on the ruler were uneven might have to do with my concept of time being messed up right now (because I'm thinking about it too much). Also, I'm super-horny. Maybe I'm thinking about sex too much too. Sex and time.

I told him about it and I think he was flattered.
jsmith
Here's a gross one:
So there's this zit on my jawline that's getting on my nerves (it's actually there in real life) and I squeeze the hell out of it. Stuff comes out, as one would expect. Among the stuff is a long, slender, white thing. I take it to be hardened matter, put it aside and wash my face. When I'm done doing that, I notice that the long white mass has moved. I look more closely and see that it's wriggling.....! EWW! I take it for some kind of new parasitic worm and start pulling it apart in order to kill it. Thinking there may be more, I run and find my mother and ask her to take me to the doctor (I was a teen again in this dream). So she takes me to a clinic, and we're sitting in the exam room waiting for the doc to come in. I brought the fragments with me, set them down, then notice that all the pieces had REGENERATED and made new individuals. And suddenly they're EVERYWHERE. Then my cats run into the exam room and I start panicking:"Mom! help me get them out, I don't want the worms to get into them!" The doctor finally comes in, and he's talking on his cell phone. I stand there for a good couple of minutes, and he's still talking on his cell. I say "HEY! I've got a problem here!" So he addresses me: "Can't you see I'm busy?" He speaks with an accent that makes me think of the rock singers from the british invasion. I'm stunned by his rudeness, so I launch into the story of what's going on, to shock him. It worked, he gets shocked, and says "Ew..." I'm thinking to myself that this must be the first encounter with this kind of parasite, and I'm hoping that they don't name it after me.
Gross.
shinyx3
jsmith, that is soooo ewwww! sorta funny too though.
musicfit
This is unrelated to the topic of dreams, but sort of is.

The long defunct coffee shop where I got the coffee chicken? There is a new coffee shop in the same building called Rocket Star cafe. I have known about it for quite some time now. But last weekend when I went up to see my sister (she is going to WMU, the school where I earned my BA) and found that the new coffee shop was started and previously owned by my old best friend's (we are no longer friends) ex. I saw him working at the counter and non-chalantly said hi. I remember that we both used to frequent the Comet Cafe, so now it makes sense that the new coffee shop has a name and atmosphere so similar to the old cafe. My sister met this old friend when I was still in college and she was about 9 or 10. So she is very wierded out that the guy who owned it used to date my old best friend.
shinyx3
ok, so this is a dream i had about a week ago and it just sorta keep rolling around in my head. i have lost alot of the details but the main point of the dream is still vivid.

i was with my husband and my mom and i was just sitting and chatting with them. there was someone else that i didn't know tat was there and both my mother and my husband seemed a little down and not very chatty. the other person kept trying to tell me something and i was just ignoring him. untill he sort of got annoying so i turned to him and he said 'i came here to let you know that you are dead. they do not know you as yourself because you are dead. sometimes, spirits need to be told they are dead before they understand it.' then i suddenly realized he was right and my husband and mom had not been chatting with m much because they didn't know me and i was like, oh, so i'm dead. it wasn't scared or worried or anything. then i just drifted away. like i was weightless and didn't really have any matter to myself but somehow i still had my face. i also remember thinking that maybe my mom and husband were sad that i was dead and thinking that being dead didn't hurt and maybe then didn't need to be sad.

very odd dream. any interpretations? i don't think i have ever dreamed that i was dead before. but even more odd then that was that i was not at all upset that i was dead. just like, ok, i'm dead.
jsmith
That is very odd. I don't know what to make of it, but it reminds me of a recurring motif that I have in my dreams. Did your mom and husband know you were there, could they see you? What happens sometimes in my dreams is I'll see a person or animal (primarily animals) that has died, but is still animated and normal-looking. They're there, I can see them, but it isn't quite them ("Delays", I call them). My understanding while I'm having the dream is that they were killed before "their number was up", so there's this remnant hanging around, and it will only disappear when the "time for them to die" is up. Those dreams are heartbreaking.
Night before last I had this dream that was a little unnerving, but funny:
I was rushing to my Chemistry class. I had skipped First Aid, so was taking a different route to get there. I was keenly aware of the time: it was a couple of minutes til ten. I was flipping out because I thought my instructor was going to give an on-time quiz, and I'd be too late. I ascended the first set of stairs, walked across the short landing, and found two other sets of stairs going off in opposite directions (only one set is there IRL). It didn't occur to me to not go up these stairs that I'd never seen before. I was desperate to get to class on time, and somehow forgot the way to the classroom (although it's very straightforward) so I randomly chose the new flight and went up them. At the top I realized that I'd chosen the wrong flight: I was in this huge warehouse-looking room. Along the wall to my left, the animal science students were butchering and packaging animals for the meat market. The rest of this vast room was occupied by the biology students. They were conducting autopsies, myriads of them! In front of the first row of tables (corpses in varying stages of decomp were laid out on them wacko.gif) were these huge vats of infants suspended in formaldehyde. One student was poking a baby down into the liquid, and it kept buoying back up.
I never consciously left the front of the room, but I suddenly found myself in the middle of the autopsy area. Though I was very unnerved by all of this going on around me, I was still painfully aware of the time, and I just knew that my professor had given the class an on-time quiz, and that I had missed it. I managed to get back to the front of the room, ran down the non-existent stairs and up the correct ones, hauled ass down the hall, and burst into the classroom. Only it wasn't a classroom anymore, it was a high school gym. And I wasn't standing on the ground anymore, I was perched on the very top of a section of stacked bleachers. Wearing high-freakin-skinny-as-hell-heels. I thought to myself "Aw christ, how the HELL did this happen?" I climbed down very slowly and laboriously. When I got to the floor, I saw that the rest of my classmates were having a gym free-for-all (you know, when the coach has no agenda and the students are allowed to play whatever sport they want). I assumed that there had been no quiz, but wanted to make sure with the professor. I saw him sauntering about a few yards from me, and made my way to him. I began to explain why I was late, but forgot everything that happened after speaking only a few words. He looked pretty amused, and I was wondering why in the world we were in a high school gym.
musicfit
That's interesting, jsmith.

I'm thinking of a dream I had this morning.

I was told by a doctor that my kidneys were functioning 30% below normal. She said, "It's just like a virus. You have to breathe clean air." So she had me put on oxygen. I had to breathe the clean air for a certain period of time (didn't know how long, I wanted to ask). I had gone off the oxygen to go to a coffee shop, then I went home and thought, "I can't wait until I go home, get on my oxygen, and watch Buffy." I said it out loud to my husband this morning and we both started cracking up.
shinyx3
jsmith, in my dream i thought they were talking to me but when i found out i was dead it seemed like they had just been talking to each other and i had mistaken it for knowing i was there and talking to me. very odd. i keep thinking about it too.
jsmith
Are you feeling ignored, maybe?
NM, I'm not good at analyzing dreams, lol!
The other night I dreamt that my grandmother and I were visiting her sister (my great-aunt). I was in the shower, stepped out, and walked to look at myself in the mirror. Even though I had just got out of the shower, I was dry and completely clothed. But I wasn't paying so much attention to that, I was focusing on my face. It had erupted into angry dark red patches, moreso on the left side. On that same side there was a trail of these patches leading up to my eye. Both eyes looked pretty bad. The lids were slightly swollen and very red, and I stood there and watched as blood started welling up from under the lower rims. It pooled, and eventually so much accumulated that it started trickling down. My vision had become obstructed, so I felt my way over to the tub and sat on the edge. I wasn't freaked out by what was happening. I just thought to myself "You know you've been exposed to San Angelo water for too long whenever normal water starts to affect you adversely." I knew that it would all pass, the bleeding would stop and the patches would go away. And it did.
So I went into the living room where my grandmother and great-aunt were. They were standing at the window looking out at her horses. She walked to the other side of the room, and I stood by my grandmother, looking out. Then out of nowhere comes this tiger. It started chasing the horses, then decided to go after a chicken (she doesn't have chickens IRL). I yelled "Suzy! Grab a gun and come shoot this tiger!" I wanted to collect the teeth......
So she disappears for a moment and returns with a pistol. The glass in the window disappeared, she took aim, and brought the tiger down with one shot. I was wowed. But she started crying: she was upset at killing this animal, though she knew she had to do it.
For the rest of the dream, I was wondering if the thing was even really a tiger. Maybe it was some kind of hybrid. I couldn't figure it out, it was different than any other monstercat I'd ever seen.
jsmith
I have to share this one, it's too damn funny not to.
I look out my front door and there's a man standing in the middle of the street. After looking at him for a moment I recognize him. He's someone I'm very attracted to (IRL. I'll call him C), so I walk over and strike up a conversation.
So we're having a pleasant chat, and some other man walks up. He's an acquaintance of C, so he butts in on the conversation. While this guy is running his mouth, I look at the ground. As far as the eye can see, there are sex toys.. OMG, all over the damn place! It was mainly vibrators and those true-to-life phalluses, but here and there I saw something a bit more exotic. And condoms, lots and lots of condoms. I had noticed all of this when I first walked outside, but it didn't strike me as odd until that moment. I tap C on the shoulder and say "Damn, look, there are sex toys all over the place... my gawd!" Apparently he hadn't noticed them until I said something, because he says "Whoa! I wonder what happened here last night!" "Looks like a colossal orgy" is my response. So he starts cracking jokes, and I'm getting flustered and jumpy because he keeps moving closer...
Eventually he gets so close that I can feel him pressed against me, and I'm heartily wishing that the other guy would go away.
So I'm pretty sure I know what that dream means wink.gif
shinyx3
jsmith, that is one of those dreams you wish you had not woken up from cos it was gonna get reallllly good!
jsmith
Isn't that the truth! wink.gif
edie52
I have had 2 dreams in the past week that were the exact same: I'm looking in a mirror, naked, and one of my breasts looks different- deformed, like the nipple has moved and is closing in on itself. It's very disconcerting.

Do you think it's possible that it's my body telling me to get it checked out? Or am I being paranoid?

LoveMyPugs
I had the worst dream of my life last night. It was positively the most scariest dream I’ve ever experienced.

There is a Big and Tall store for men in a shopping center near my mom’s house. Mr. Pug shops there from time to time. Well in my dream they started selling women’s clothing so I went there to see if they had anything nice. My mom dropped Mr. Pug and me off at the shopping center. I went into the store and basically they had two racks with these cute little shorts/tank tops sets. I found my size and went back to try them on. Mr. Pug left the store to go to the pizza shop where I was to meet him after I was done shopping.

So I’m walking back to the dressing room. There was only one and I guess men and women were supposed to share it. So this guy is following me and I’m thinking he’s going to try on clothes as well. I open the door to an individual dressing room and he follows me in. I turn around immediately on my guard and say to him, “Dude, I’m changing in this room can you go to another please.” He turns to me and says no and then demands that I hand over my purse. Without hesitation I give him my purse telling him that there is nothing in there but some cash that he can take. He takes the cash and the debit and credit cards. He pushes me up against the wall and three of his friends come in. All four of them take turns raping me. They didn’t beat me just kept me firmly shoved up against the wall. I was screaming for help and none of the people or cashiers outside the room would help me. It was like I was screaming and they couldn’t hear me. They just went about their business.

Afterwards, all four guys run from the room laughing. I pull myself together and walk to the cashier. She’s on the phone. She hangs up when she sees me and asks me what’s wrong. I’m crying, shaking and breathing heavily. I tell her that I was just raped by four men in the changing room. She says, “Oh, they come in here all the time. They are just silly boys.” I tell her that I don’t care and I want her to call the police because they raped me. She says, “Are you sure they weren’t just hitting on you?” I start to pick things up off the counter and throw them at her screaming at her to call the police. She tells to leave the store.

I walk out the front glass doors of the store and all four of the rapists are standing out there pointing and laughing at me. I walk down a few stores and there are two security guards standing on the corner. I walk up to them and they say, “Miss, are you okay?” I’m still shaking, crying and breathing erratically. They sit me down and ask me what happened. I tell them the story and they both look at one another and shake their heads. I asked what’s going on and they say, “This happens all the time.”

Now, IRL, two clerks at the Big and Tall were gunned down after closing the store for the night years ago and the case was never solved. It was a very sad and scary event in my area when it happened. Back to my dream.

So, the security guards inform me that this happens all the time and then they say, “We think this is why the clerks were gunned down all those years ago. We think a woman came in and was raped and the store did nothing about it. We think her husband, boyfriend or father came back and shot the two clerks who didn’t help her.”

So after telling me this story, the security guards start radioing to their partners and management that another rape has occurred. People start showing up and then they all just walk down and alleyway. I don’t see them again for the rest of my dream.

I get on the cell phone and call 911. The lady I’m talking too is listening to every word I’m saying and informs me that the police are very busy but they are on their way. She asks me if I’m alone and I tell her yes and she offers to stay on the phone with me until police arrive.

Meanwhile, this young executive type lady walks up to me. She’s short, brunette and in a brown suit. She says, “Are you Miss B.?” I nod. She continues, “I represent Big and Tall and we’d like to offer you a chance to buy whatever you’d like from our store at no charge.” The 911 lady on the phone is asking me who I’m talking to. I tell her it’s a representative from Big and Tall offering me a shopping experience a no charge to keep my mouth shut.

The 911 lady says, “Miss. B. I recommend you stop talking to her at once.”

I look at the Big and Tall executive woman and say, “No, absolutely not.”

She replies with, “Well, that is strike one.” and she turns on her heal and walks away. I yell at the 911 lady on the phone to get the police here right now and I hang up on her.

Next, Mr. Pug comes walking out of the pizza shop and sees me. He rushes to my side. Of course I start crying and shaking again. He asks what happened. I tell him everything. He leaves me and takes off running to the Big and Tall store. When he gets to it he whips open the door then slams it behind him shattering all the glass doors to the store. I can here him screaming all the way across the parking lot. The next thing I know police show up, handcuff him and put him in a car and take him away. I’m crying and for some reason I’m glued to the spot and unable to go and tell the police what happened.

Finally, I’m free and able to move and I walk down to the store and the rolling cage is down and the lights are out. The store is closed and it’s getting dark out.

Next, my mom pulls up in her car and sees me all upset. She asks what happened. I tell her everything. She says, “Well, it sounds like you did everything you’re supposed to do so let’s get going.” Flabbergasted at the entire day, I get in the car with her and we go home. Then I wake up.

I think the scariest part was when I realized this dude in the changing room was going to attack me. I immediately went into fight or flight mode. I remember bringing my knee back to knee him in the balls and putting my hands up to protect my face. I remember being so terrified at that moment. My stomach turned in my dream and I just felt so so scared. I’ve never had such a scary dream. I wish I knew why I dream terrible dreams like this.

Dreammoods.com says:

Rape

1) To dream that you have been raped, suggests a sadistic expression of sexual desire. You may be expressing an unconscious desire to be violated, conquered, or forced into forbidden territory.

2) It also indicates vengeful feelings toward the opposite sex.

3) Alternatively, it suggests that you are feeling violated in some way. Something or someone is jeopardizing your self-esteem and emotional well-being.

I guess it could be any of the three listed. Mr. Pugs and I are exploring BDSM. Also, I’m and engineering major and I’m usually the only girl in many of my classes. Dealing with men all day everyday since last January I can see how the opposite sex is pissing me off a bit. I haven’t been feeling too good about how I look lately. I just recently started really monitoring my eating habits and I think I’m starting to loose weight. I feel much better about myself already so I’m not feeling violated. My self-esteem and emotional well-being are fine.

It was such a strange dream. Sorry for the long post. If you can make it through reading this entire post I’d love to hear someone else’s opinion.
jsmith
I'm sorry you had such a horrific dream, LoveMyPugs. I've had dreams where I'm helpless against some form of attack (never something as bad as rape, though). Usually when I dream that I'm being attacked and I can't do anything to ward off the threat, it's reflecting something IRL that I have no control over. But that's just me. Is there anything going on that's affecting you, but you're unable to control it?
An example of mine (not a nightmare, but it pissed me the hell off): I woke up one morning and this guy that I hate above all other things was in bed with me. Nothing had happened, just that my grandmother told him to get in bed with me the night before because she didn't want him driving home so late at night. I was mad as hell in the dream and long after I woke from it. The dream clearly was an expression of how bad it pisses me off that she maintains a friendship with this asshole and sings his praises, knowing full well that I hate the fucker and don't want to see/hear/hear about him. But, I can't control what she does.
And I have a general question for any/everyone, something for my own enlightenment: When you're having a bad dream and you're afraid, is the fear far more compounded than you think it would be if whatever situation was happening IRL?
LoveMyPugs
when i woke from that dream i was really upset. I told Mr. Pug about it and I felt alittle better. We were so busy running around yesterday that it finally left my mind. Mr. Pug teases me that I'm such a horn ball that I'm dreaming about taking on four guys. He says things like this just to make me smile and I did. Well, thanks for your reply. I wasn't expecting anyone to because it was such a long post. I appreciate it.

I do have a lot on my plate right now as well. School semester ending and it's crunch time, a wedding to attend in a week, just getting over a cold, period on it's way, starting a new diet and well that's about it but that's a lot. I just need to take it easy when I have down time.

Thanks again for the response.

Pugs!
jsmith
Glad you feel better!
jsmith
I've noticed another recurring motif: walking boldly into strangers' houses, without knocking. I seem to do this fairly often in dreams. Maybe I'm taking too many liberties with others? I can't think of anything I've done that can be construed as that, but that seems to be the most logical interpretation.
I had one of those dreams last night, actually. There's a certain route that I take to get home from classes, every day. I never deviate from it. So I was driving home, then suddenly I was walking. My car had disappeared, but it wasn't such a big deal. I was a little annoyed at having to walk such a distance, and more annoyed by all the cars driving by me. I was thinking "This is embarrassing!" But I was getting pretty close to home, so I just kept going.
At the street where I normally turn at, I saw someone pull into their driveway. It was getting pretty dark, so I couldn't see what the people getting out looked like. I thought I recognized the silhouette of one of the people, but didn't pay too much attention. I rounded the corner, and the guy I thought I recognized fell into step beside me, lighting a cigarette. Turns out he was one of my professors (professors seem to turn up in my dreams a lot). I was glad for company, though neither of us really spoke. He stayed with me for a little while, as I burst into these houses, breaking stuff, and destroying fences whenever I couldn't easily open them (I should add that they all looked like they had already been knocked down, and then were mended very poorly. And these houses made a straight line toward my own house, so basically I was just cutting a straight path to get home).
Normally when I dream that I'm waltzing into strangers' houses, I'm by myself, and I kind of come to myself and realize what I'm doing in the middle of it all. Sometimes I'm just a little put off by my own behavior, sometimes I couldn't care less. In this dream, there were no people in the houses. The entire area seemed to be deserted.
My walking companion suddenly spoke: "What about them?"
Me:"Who's them?"
Him: "My family."
I didn't know what he meant, so I just said "Oh, well, I haven't met them, but I'm sure they're lovely."
My answer must have satisfied him, because he didn't say anything else. A few minutes later he said that he had to go back, that they would wonder where he went off to. I was sorry to lose his company, but didn't argue.
So he was gone, and I found myself back at the corner where I first saw them. Several yards ahead of me was my brother, and all of our pets. I went to them, and suddenly I was back in my car, my brother in the passenger seat, and most of the pets in the back. I was so glad that I didn't have to walk anymore.
jsmith
I've noticed another recurring motif: walking boldly into strangers' houses, without knocking. I seem to do this fairly often in dreams. Maybe I'm taking too many liberties with others? I can't think of anything I've done that can be construed as that, but that seems to be the most logical interpretation.
I had one of those dreams last night, actually. There's a certain route that I take to get home from classes, every day. I never deviate from it. So I was driving home, then suddenly I was walking. My car had disappeared, but it wasn't such a big deal. I was a little annoyed at having to walk such a distance, and more annoyed by all the cars driving by me. I was thinking "This is embarrassing!" But I was getting pretty close to home, so I just kept going.
At the street where I normally turn at, I saw someone pull into their driveway. It was getting pretty dark, so I couldn't see what the people getting out looked like. I thought I recognized the silhouette of one of the people, but didn't pay too much attention. I rounded the corner, and the guy I thought I recognized fell into step beside me, lighting a cigarette. Turns out he was one of my professors (professors seem to turn up in my dreams a lot). I was glad for company, though neither of us really spoke. He stayed with me for a little while, as I burst into these houses, breaking stuff, and destroying fences whenever I couldn't easily open them (I should add that they all looked like they had already been knocked down, and then were mended very poorly. And these houses made a straight line toward my own house, so basically I was just cutting a straight path to get home).
Normally when I dream that I'm waltzing into strangers' houses, I'm by myself, and I kind of come to myself and realize what I'm doing in the middle of it all. Sometimes I'm just a little put off by my own behavior, sometimes I couldn't care less. In this dream, there were no people in the houses. The entire area seemed to be deserted.
I didn't know what he meant, so I just said "Oh, well, I haven't met them, but I'm sure they're lovely."
My answer must have satisfied him, because he didn't say anything else. A few minutes later he said that he had to go back, that they would wonder where he went off to. I was sorry to lose his company, but didn't argue.
So he was gone, and I found myself back at the corner where I first saw them. Several yards ahead of me was my brother, and all of our pets. I went to them, and suddenly I was back in my car, my brother in the passenger seat, and most of the pets in the back. I was so glad that I didn't have to walk anymore.
jsmith
kittenb
eide - I think it's possible. No harm in checking, anyway.

LMP - that sounds awful. I have had dreams like that and they stay with me for hours. It is so hard to shake that kind of fear. As for the interpretations, I don't really care for translations 1 or 2 but 3 sounds like a possibility. It seems significent that so many people in the dream were disregarding you and your experience. Are you feeling ignorned and invalidated lately? Good luck figuring it out.

I dreamed last night that I was drawing a pretty landscape picture with crayons. It was a wide open plains area with a large tree in the center. Right in front of the tree there was a circular depression in the ground, kind of like a fairy ring. I drew the grass to look like mid-summer. Then I decided to add some yellow colors so that it would look like the grass had been dying but was now coming back. Then, just when I got it the perfect color, I added brick red paint in big streaks that obscured everything. It was supposed to help but it really just covered up the picture. In the dream I was irritated that I lost the picture but I appreciated the color and texture of the paint and even tried making a different tree with it. Overall, the dream felt good and creative although it showed how I tend to fuss too much with things I am trying to create. "If I just added this...and then a little of this...etc." Now that I am writing this down, the dream seems like a pretty direct parallel to the relationship I am in and where I was with it last night.
LoveMyPugs
kittenb - yeah maybe i'm feeling a bit ignored lately. not sure though.

i had another bad dream last night. it was one of those unspecific dreams where i'm not sure where i was, what i was doing or what brought on the conversation in the dream but pretty much in the dream Mr. Pug told me he was leaving me. He wouldn't go into details just that we were done and there was nothing I could do to change his mind. I remember feeling like someone just stabbed me in the chest. I woke up very upset, sad and scared. My parents are staying with us this week so I didn't want to get up and go downstairs and have some tea and disturb everyone else in the house. So I was lying there just going over it in my head trying to get myself together and I looked over at Mr. Pug who was sound asleep. I desperately wanted him to hold me because I was sad and scared. I didn't want to wake him cause I knew he had to get up in an hour. Almost like he read my mind he lifted his blanket and told me to move back against him (to spoon) and he held me for the last hour of his sleep. As soon as I was in his warm embrace I feel right back to sleep and slept soundly for the rest of the night. I didn't tell him about it this morning because everyone was rushing around getting ready for work and all. Maybe I'll tell him about it tonight and maybe I won't. He's got bowling tonight and won't be getting home until late.

The bad dreams need to stop. I'm sick of them. Tired of waking up unreasted and upset. I think it's just everything that is going on right now. School is getting ready to end for the semester and I'm rushing around trying to get prepared for finals and finishing homework and projects. My parents are staying with me for the week. My periods getting ready to start. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. I'm dieting again. I guess my mind is just racing at night. Hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Sweet Dreams
shinyx3
pugs, i think bad dreams are a sign of stress. when i first moved back to the US i had left a pretty shitty marriage. i was scared that i would not make it on my own and that i was going to totally screw up shinyboy because i took him away from his dad. anyway, i was really stressed. i would have horrible nightmares almost every night. mainly with one theme, me being repeatedly held down and raped by my ex. it was like i couldn't get away from the dreams. them when the divorce went through it was almost like a switch was turned of on those dreams and i quit having them. i do still have them sometimes but not very often any more. and i don't wake up screaming any more. and it is only when i am really stressed about something.

on the dreams of the one you love leaving . . . i hate those, cos they feel so real. i wake up all upset, then sometimes i actually feel made at hubby for leaving me, or cheating or what ever the dream was even though irl we are doing great. he is always baffled by this, but is good about reassuring me anyway.
edie52
Pugs, that is so damn sweet that Mr. P read your mind like that. Jeebus. Almost made me cry. But boo for the bad dreams. I've had a few about my boyfriend, usually he's with another girl and trying to act like nothing's going on, even though it's obvious they're together. I tell him about the dreams, and he gets kind of upset, saying that he would never do such a thing, and he doesn't understand why I have them. I told him it obviously stems from my insecurity. What he doesn't know is that it also has to do with my feelings about a female friend of his...

I had a really disturbing dream the other night. I was sitting in the bathtub slicing my face with a razor blade. Slow, precise, thin cuts, 2 down each cheek and 2 across my forehead. Then I went upstairs and it was Christmas, and my Dad was sitting there alone surrounded by gifts.

Whoa, as I was writing that I think I may have figured it out. My Dad really wants to take care of me and make sure I have everything I need, but I'm conflicted about letting him because I think I'm old enough and should be able to do it on my own. Also, on a deeper level, I'm not sure I deserve it, and these feelings of not deserving his love are really self-destructive.
LoveMyPugs
shinyx3 - i think you are right on the money when you say it's stress. my family always stresses me out and they are staying with me right now. although i don't physically feel stressed out i know just having them here moving about my house is internally stressful. plus all the other things going on.

the dreams about your ex raping you must have been terrible. i've never had a rape dream until the other night and i can tell you it was extreamly intense. very scary.

i too have had dreams about mr. pug leaving or cheating and woken up mad at him. i mean really mad at him. he had a dream months ago of me going down on a friend of his. he was angry at his friend the whole day. i mean he didn't want to see him. isn't that funny how our minds work.

edie52 - that razor blade dream is crazy. www.dreammoods.com says

Razor
To see a razor in your dream, suggests that there is a situation or problem that you need to smooth out.

Cutting
To dream that you are cutting something, signifies a broken relationship or severed connection. To dream that you are cutting yourself, indicates that you are experiencing some overwhelming turmoil or problems in your waking life. You are trying to disconnect yourself from the unbearable pain you are experiencing.

Christmas
To dream of Christmas, symbolizes family togetherness, reunions, and celebration. It is also representative of new beginnings and fresh starts. Consider also your own associations with this holiday.

Gift
To see a pile of gifts, symbolizes unutilized or unrecognized skills and talents.

Father
To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.

Sounds to me like you might be on the right track with your self reflection there.

I know I'm going to sound like a parent when I say this but just because you are old enough to do things on your own doesn't mean you always can. I lean on Mr. Pug so much. I think that is why I dream these dreams of him leaving me. I worry that someday he'll get tired of "taking care" of me. I try so hard to be there for him in every way I can but to everyone around us I think it looks like he does more. I feel like I just don't contribute to the relationship the way he does. He'd say this is not true and ridiculous but I still worry.
dj-bizmonkey
i had a wierd dream last night that involved hollywood to some degree.

first off, do y'all remember that bizarro movie 'Legend' with tom cruise, tim curry and ferris buellers girlfriend (i can't remember her name but she's foxy..)

anyway, in my dream the head hobgoblin from 'legend', i think his name was blix, was in league with the mother alien from 'aliens.' the alien was invading my old primary school which was also a space ship and i had to find a way to stop her. but blix caught me and gave me a series of nasty stab wounds all over my back, slashing up and down my arms too. it was weird, because i was bleeding all over the place but i don't remember being particulary afraid of him or in pain. i just kind of pushed him off and went to fight the alien, who's ass i kicked, bloody arms and all. i led her into the gym and pummeled her face in with a giant metal garbage can (ala oscar the grouch). i dunno what all that means. it was so strange to have all those wounds, but not be afraid or in pain. and i kept waking up and slipping back into it. it was what i generally call, a stress dream.
shinyx3
wow, that is truely interestig. no idea what to make of it though.
dj-bizmonkey
it was really strange, kind of an un-nightmare. all the components you would expect to make it scary, but it wasn't at all. kind of like 'evil dead.' stupidly gorey, but not frightening at all.
jsmith
Had a high school dream last night. It involved a walking-dead South Park character, me and my best friend hauling ass to lunch in order to have enough time, and aforementioned best friends' dad getting up on a platform and telling EVERYONE off during the 5 minute passing period.
kiss_the_fiddler
Gees. Just woke up in an absolute sweat. Terrified. In my dream, everybody I knew was a trick. Kept being put in dangerous situations or being threatened by the people who were supposed to be protecting me. And even the police were a trick. Even the police weren't really there to help. Everybody was on the other side. I could not find anyone safe to help me. I was responsible for a couple of younger children.

Since becoming pregnant, I've been having very vivid dreams every night. Hmmm. . .

fiddler
edie52
Fiddler- I've heard that pregnant women have very vivid dreams, and that they vary depending on the stage of pregnancy. I think it's supposed to be little fuzzy things in the first trimester, worries about the motherhood in the second, and whales in the third! There's probably more to it that I'm not aware of, I've never been pregnant.
shinyx3
oh, man did i have vivid dreams while preggers. so much so that i sometimes felt like the dream was real. they were often bizarro and strange too, but still felt real.
jsmith
The other night I dreamt that this horrible guy lived next door to me. He had a lot of doberman pinschers that he was so rough on: he wouldn't feed them, he hit them, etc.
I was standing in my front yard and I saw one of the dogs standing on the roof. He jumped off and oriented himself in such a way to ensure that he landed on his head. It was apparent to me that he was trying to kill himself by breaking his own neck. The fall didn't kill him, so he went to try to get on the roof again. I remembered all the other dogs that had done this so I ran over to him and made him lie down, and started petting him. I heard the guy open his front door, so I quickly took the dog back to my house. In the dream I was a young teen and I knew someone would tell me to take the dog back, so I took measures to conceal him.
The dream continued (hazily) for a little while, and eventually I found myself talking to my dad. He was telling me that he found the dog in my brothers' room, so he put him in the garage. When he went to check on him later, he found the poor thing had leapt from a stack of boxes, and was dead from a broken neck sad.gif .
shinyx3
i had a totally crazy dream the other night. i was picking up shinyboy from taekwondo but it was in the middle of a field. so i had to take a dirt road to get there. i also had my baby with me ony he was really small (maybe five lbs or so. irl he is about 15lbs) i had put baby in a plastic dish of warm canned beans. and he kept sliding down so i had bean juice all over my hands from sitting him back up again. as we were all leaving the field, a haloween witch (long, stringy hair, witch hat, ragged skirt etc.) kept following us and laughing a witch laugh. the witch wasn't all that scary but i was upset by the whole thing and baby kept slipping into the beans. shinyboy kept telling me to get ahold of myself. he was sorta just shaking his head at me. then i picked up baby out of the beans, set him on my lap, and gunned the motor to get away from the witch but she kept tapping on my rear window and laughing. then i woke up cause baby was crying. very strange dream though.

jmith, you see to dream about animals often.
LoveMyPugs
shinyx3 - here is some help interpreting that dream.

Field
To see green fields in your dream, symbolizes great abundance, freedom, and happiness. You may also be going through a period of personal growth. Alternatively, this dream may simply be an expression for your love of nature. To see freshly plowed fields in your dream, signifies growth, early rise to wealth and fortunate advancements to places of honor. To see dead or barren fields, signifies lack, pessimism and your jaded prospects for the future.

Road
To see a road in your dream, indicates your sense of direction and pursuit of your goals. To see a winding and bumpy road in your dream, signifies that will find many obstacles and setbacks toward your goals. You may be met with unexpected difficulties. If the road is dark, then it reflects the darker or more frightening choices which you have made or are making. To see a smooth road bordered by green trees and flowers, denotes a steady progress and steady climb up the social ladder. If the road is straight and narrow, then it means that your path to success is going according as planned. To see an unknown road in your dream, signifies that you new project will cause more grief than it is worth and a waste of time. To dream that a threatening creature is on a road, parallels a hostile situation/person you are encountering in your waking life. It is an obstacle that you need to overcome, no matter how intimidating the situation or person may appear.

Baby
To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings.� Babies may symbolize something in your own inner nature which is pure, vulnerable, and/or uncorrupted.

Beans
To see or eat beans in your dream, signifies your connection to your roots and to humanity. Consider what binds you to your community.� Alternatively, beans are symbolic of the soul and of immortality. They also relate to fertility.

Witch
To see a witch in your dream, represents evil, destructive, and dangerous feminine forces.� It may point to your negative ideas of the feminine and your experiences with heartless women.�Alternatively, a witch is symbolic of goodness, power and enchantment.

Husband
To see your husband in your dream, signifies your relationship with your husband and the unconscious feelings you have towards him.
shinyx3
the field was stubble like harvested wheat. the road was gravel and straight. i am not sure but most of those seem pretty far off. thanks though.
jsmith
I keep thinking about this dream I had last night. I was in a tat/piercing parlor, about to get pierced (don't know what I was going to pierce). I changed my mind, thinking I would get a tattoo instead. One of the artists turned on a computer and brought up this database showing pictures of all the tattoos they had done. I was set on getting a tattoo of either a snake or an ivy, on either my arm or neck. I wanted to search through their database, but the computer was going sooooo slow. When I finally got results for my search, I wasn't impressed with their work so I didn't get anything done.
I'm sure that if I ever were to get a tattoo, it would be of something graceful. Ivys and snakes are certainly graceful. But I'm wondering if my fixation on them in the dream meant anything?
After I got out of class this morning, I took a nap and had this wierd, vivid dream. I was watching "Frasier". In the episode, Frasier and Roz were walking into an apartment. They were very morose because Daphne had died. Roz was especially upset because Daphne was her 'best friend' (?). She started talking about how upsetting her death was. She got so worked up over it that she had a heart attack and died. I was sitting there thinking 'What the hell is this all about? This is a comedy show, why are the main characters dying like this??' Then I thought 'Maybe this is one of those stupid dream sequences sitcoms sometimes have, and nobody's really dead.' Maybe I've been watching too much TV.
Well, the dream went on. The TV disappeared, and a mother and her kids were suddenly there. Then we were all in a car, trying to get away from zombies. Some people in my city had somehow become zombies, and were rapidly zombie-fying others. Very soon, there were only 3 people who were not infected: Me, my dad, and some other woman. The sun had come up, and all the zombies seemed to take no notice of us in the daylight. I knew we'd have to find some structure to hole up in for when night came, so I ran down this street toward an abandoned building. I came up on this dog and saw people lying dead around it, nooses around their necks. The dog saw me, and bit down on another length of rope lying on the ground. He pulled on it, and zombies suddenly noticed I was there and started chasing me. I ran to the end of the street and saw a bunch of kayaks propped up against a wall. I decided that I'd hide under one, and if any of them found me I'd shoot them (I discovered that I had a gun equipped with a silencer).
It only occurred to me at that moment that a dog was controlling these people. Can you imagine?
treehugger
Okay, a little background before I tell you my dream....my father has been dead since 1999, and my mother has been deteriorating since then and is now in a nursing home with Alzheimers. She is not doing well and doesn't recognize any of us as who we are (she thinks us, her kids, are her parents)

So, I had a dream that my brother called me and said, "dad came to take Mom home." And I knew it'd be the last time I ever saw Mom, cause she was going Home..

So I went to say goodbye and we were back in the house I grew up in with the ratty green couch and mom was sitting on the couch, and in the wheelchair and not doing well.

And dad appeared and landed on the couch.

And he was just a head. No body. Just a decapitated head. But it didn't freak me out. Dad (just the head, mind you, ) started talking to Mom about "c'mon, Del, (her name is Delna) you know it's time to come home...." over and over.

I keep feeling like it was a premonition and I keep waiting for the phone to ring and my brother to be on the line telling me that Mom's gone.

It's weird. I hope it WAS a premonition.

I fear that it was not.
kittenb
jsmith - it alwaya amuses/annoys me when I dream about tv characters. It makes me feel like I watch too much tv. Your zombie dream sounded scary.
tree - that dream sounded to me like your mom was being well taken care of.

I dreamed last night that my mother started to come to the Bust boards. She got offended by some troll and started to post responses using colorful fonts and tons of smiley icons. I was so embarressed worrying that someone would realize she was my mother.
deschatsrouge
I had a dream about an onion the size of a cantaloupe it was perfectly round and the skin was a perfectly smooth and even. I dreamed it bought it at the grocery store and I felt so lucky to find such a big perfect onion. I went home julienned the entire thing caramelized it in a skillet and ate it. I woke up craving onion.
jsmith
I know I watch too much TV! happy.gif
Treehugger, that dream sounds downright scary!
This morning I had a creepy dream, and was pretty shaken up when I woke from it (and I was doing so good, it had been quite a while since the last one).
I had been asleep and woke up to find a man in my bed. I looked closely at him and realized it was my grandfather (not a real-life grandfather. The only grandfather I knew died back in '02). I thought "Oh, he just wants to be near a family member" and went back to sleep. I woke up again a little later and found that I had these white cards with locks of hair secured to them lying on my stomach. There were scissors beside me, and I cut off the locks of hair (they were mine from when I was an infant), thinking 'Oh, they'll just get ruined anyway'. I did this while still laying on my back. When I was finished, I pushed everything off of me, took off my headphones (they had appeared on my head), and got up. I looked over at the person who had been next to me: it wasn't my grandfather anymore, it had turned into some random woman. She was tall, wearing black underwear and a black bra, and had on a vivid red wig which was beginning to slip off of her head. Her eyes were half open and her skin looked blotchy. She was clearly dead, and I ran out of my room. I went to the kitchen and saw my dad, grandmother, and brother. I went up to my dad and told him "There's a woman in my bed! Some random woman! And I think she's dead!" A look of comprehension came over his face, and he said "She probably is dead. That would explain everything that's been going on this morning." I asked what was going on that was so noteworthy, and he said "Everyone's been really incompetent, screwing up on the simplest things". I thought 'I suppose that makes sense. Some random dead stranger suddenly appears in a house and things start to come apart.' Then I bellowed "WHY did she have to show up in my room? Somebody get her out of there!"
treehugger
God, I hate to keep posting creepy dreams.

But I had one last night that is STILL bothering me, fourteen hours after I woke up. (I even know exactly how long it's been)

Okay. This is really morbid and weird. Just warning you.

This was kind of an observer dream...I wasnt' taking part in the action, I was just observing, like you would if you were watching TV. But REAL tv.

There was a group of about six women. I recognized them as being women I had encountered before, or seen before. I for whatever reason knew that this was a group of women who were extreme masochists...as in they got their rocks off, or thought it was their duty, I'm not sure which, but to seek out partners who would EXTREMELY abuse them. I'm not talking spankings and handcuffs. I am talking that these women were disfigured physically, permanently, from this. And they were sitting in a group talking, sort of like they were on a talk show, or maybe I was eavesdropping on a support group...most of their faces were gone, the skin was peeling off their faces and you could see their brains and bones. Except that under their skin it sort of looked like, just gray brain-ish material. One's face sort of kept flopping open when she'd talk and she'd have to grab the big flap of skin and hold it down so she could talk. One of them wasn't so bad but her eye was hanging out of its socket. And they were just sitting talking about the fact that they knew it was killing them but it felt so good at the time...just sort of talking matter of factly. And I knew they had been beaten to the edge of life. Like what you read about in afghanistan, or worse.

And the part that really got my gut, was there was one woman who was just contorted in pain, she was sobbing because it hurt so badly (physically, was the focus) that her face was gone, and it hadn't healed yet and was still painful, and she was so full of despair and regret and self loathing that she had allowed this to happen to her, but knowing that it was her path in life....and it was so intense and so REAL. And the rest of the women were kind of matter of fact about it, which was also awful.

And this dream has haunted me since I woke up this morning. I read a year ago or so, about a man who had a fantasy of being eaten by a cannibal...and he met up with a guy who actually did it, and this is sort of what this dream is reminding me of.

(shudder)

Told Bear about this dream, and he said, "no wonder you haven't been able to orgasm lately, there are demons in there".

(I really HAVE been having sexual difficulties lately)

I wonder if some of this has to do with my mother?
dusty
For years after my mother died, I would dream of getting really, really angry at her and hitting her. Anger much?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.